Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thegardengeek

3rd Greedy Gardener Seed Swap Annual

thegardengeek
11 years ago

It's that time again!! Start collecting your seeds, and labeling them well...because this round robin is now open!! Keep watching for more details or pipe right up and say your IN!! The drop me an e-mail (I rarely get a chance to check back here so please make sure you drop me that note so I can send my address!

Everyone who has joined me in the past knows how this goes and how much you will get back. For those that don't.....(newcomers are very very welcome, we are not picky so this is the perfect swap for you!)

Here is how to do it. Package your seeds up, stuff them in a bubble envelope, drop in return address label and return postage, seal the envelope up, and send it to me. When I get your seeds, I will replace each pack with one yo

u do not have, take the address and stamps you send and place them on the envelope. Seal it up and mail it back to you :) Most often, there will be even more seeds then you sent in.

Very few rules No seeds from before 2011. No packs of "wild flower" seeds. All packs must be labeled with what it is. Do not send money for postage, just postage please. Finally, HAVE FUN!!

Normally, the large bubble envies take 5 or 6 stamps to return stuffed with seeds, medium 3-4, and the smallest take 2-3 stamps when fully stuffed.

This is a chance for new traders to see what Round Robin's are all about!! The exchange is one pack of your seeds for one pack of someone elses.

People just wanting to share seeds are more then welcome to do so I will even package up any that are NOT for the exchange. Then everyone will be getting extra!

This will be a large seed swap - going across several sites so please get your seeds in as soon after the opening date that you can!

Swap runs from now until November 20th. Any seeds that come in after that date will be returned unopened.

Feel free to share this swap with your friends and your other groups. You can also find more details on facebook at The Garden Geeks page.

As all past Swaps, you will be so glad you joined this one!

Comments (47)

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Add me again,
    Alana

• Margie Crawford
    11 years ago

I'm in! Thanks for hosting.
    Margie

• siichan
    11 years ago

Hello, I would love to join! Sounds like fun :)

• jlee160
    11 years ago

sent you mail

• kristlindgren
    11 years ago

I am in. Will send the email.

Kris

• Joletta
    11 years ago

Please add my name...sent you an email too. I am new to The GardenWeb but have been reading and hope have it figured out!

• debby_1
    11 years ago

I'm in. Will send email.
    Thanks,
    Debby

• Kelli9699
    11 years ago

Im in please. Thank you for hosting.

Kelli

• aquadragonfly
    11 years ago

Add me please...thanks.

:) Aqua

• mswillis5
    11 years ago

Add me please.

• fearadyn
    11 years ago

MeMEMe! My favorite swap of all time!

• jimryder
    11 years ago

Add me please, thank you.:)

• sguanzon
    11 years ago

I'm in - sending you an email!

• brambleoak
    11 years ago

I'm in! Sending you an email and thanks for hosting this!

• graanieb
    11 years ago

I'd love to join, thank you for hosting. Sending you email.

Bea

• fishkin90
    11 years ago

please add me
    will send e-mail

• pedziwiatr
    11 years ago

Im in

Thanks!
    Chris

• shastas7
    11 years ago

I would like to join, can anyone tell me what kinds of seeds we can send in?

• gee_oh_nyc
    11 years ago

Looks like fun... I'm in.
    Thanks gardengeek!

• thegardengeek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have sent my address to all who e-mailed so if anyone didn't get my message, please get in touch with me!! We have over 100 people who have now joined us! This is going to be so much fun!!

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Hi Robbi, you've already signed me up and sent your address to me - just putting my paw print here :)

karen

• apoppyfield
    11 years ago

I'd like to join. Ann

• wildmantrav
    11 years ago

Me too!

• vajeff
    11 years ago

This swap was fun last year. I'd like to join again, so sign me up!

Sending an e-mail.

Jeff

• domesticdiana
    11 years ago

I definitely want to join. About to email you. :)

• thegardengeek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We have many new traders signing or those who have very little seed. If you have any seeds that you would like to give away, send them along too!! I will even package them up in little packets :)

I am very happy with the number of people joining up, I think we already have more then last year. I stopped counting at 100. So those who are sending in a lot of seed, please get your envies in soon so I have more variety to pick from throughout the swap! :)

• peaches0104
    11 years ago

sign me up! username@yahoo.com

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

Count me in.

• crystalline_ca
    11 years ago

Hi,
    Please sign me up.
    Thanks.

• beautifulreddahlias
    11 years ago

I would love to sign up!

• thegardengeek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Please drop me an e-mail if you want to join in! I see a few names that I haven't seen an e-mail from. There are well over 100 people in this swap (closer to 150 now) so it's hard for me to contact everyone who posts here, so PLEASE send an e-mail if you haven't already!

• thegardengeek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I received a white envie today with no return envie or stamps. The letter was from St. Cloud. Could you please e-mail me. Please remember to check postage. I have paid over $2 so far for mail coming in and I can't afford to pay for packages going out. Thanks!!

• fearadyn
    11 years ago

Whoo hoo~Just got my huge package back today~as always this is the best swap ever! Thank you so much Robbie!

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Thank you Robbie for a great send, going to look for this swap in the future.

Bea

• gee_oh_nyc
    11 years ago

Hi Robbi... I sent my seeds out today. Post office is still a little crazy after the big storm. I wanted to give a full week for them to get to you. Hope it gets there by the 20th!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

I got a great package of seeds today. Thanks Robbi!
    Alana

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Sent my seeds to you today, too, Robbi.

• sguanzon
    11 years ago

Help! I have my envelope ready to go Priority and can't find Robbi's address can anyone email it to me?

thanks.

Sue G

• sguanzon
    11 years ago

Sorry nevermind - found it!

• thegardengeek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This swap will be closed in 2 days. Seeds not sent out by now, probably will not make it in time for the trade and will be returned unopened. After this date, I will be traveling for son's health care and have instructed my husband to return all bubble envies that come in while I am away.
    This swap has been great fun, and many MANY people have been involved. Last count was 80 envies through my house and the average number of seed per person was 50-100 packs. The most common of the regularly swapped seed has been Datura and least common sunflower and marigold amazingly enough. I have plenty Blanket flower and datura though LOL.
    I hope everyone enjoyed this swap and watch for it again next year (Unless I go crazy and do one in the spring as well LOL)! I want to thank all of you who were so kind that sent in extra seed, postage and baggies! All were appreciated and used! I also want to thank everyone who labeled so well and a few even sent me a list making my life so much easier! Thanks so much again!!

• graanieb
    11 years ago

Thank you Robbi, well wishes for your son, you and everyone, have safe travels, hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Bea

• jlee160
    11 years ago

got my seeds today- thanks everyone, and a special thanks to Robbi for hosting:)

• gee_oh_nyc
    11 years ago

I got my seeds today Robbi... Thanks for taking on such a big job and thanks to everyone who traded. Hope the seeds do well for you. Hope all is well with your family.
    George

• vajeff
    11 years ago

I received my package, and what a surprise it was. Included were several types that I've wanted for a while but completely forgot about this year! How'd you know?! Thank you for hosting the swap again, it was fun and I'm glad I joined in. Also, thanks to everyone who shared their seeds.

• primrose1x3
    11 years ago

Robbi, received my seeds today, and I think if I were on a desert island with only these seeds I would be horticulturally happy - good job and thanks to all who shared seeds.

Karen

• crystalline_ca
    11 years ago

Hi Robbi,
    I received my package of seeds today. Thanks for all the efforts hosting the swap.

• sguanzon
    11 years ago

Received my package of seeds today - thanks! Great swap!