drippy
    micyrey
    beth b kodiak
    kalena67
    strmywthr3

Keep em comin.

• shimla
    17 years ago

Dave - I sent my package this evening. Thanks!

• clbrickhouse
    17 years ago

Mine went out today too. Got the wishes and the bonuses up but ran out of time for the swaps and favorite swaps!

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Today I rec'd 3 more from:

askewgardens
    andrea81
    simplylisa

• romando
    17 years ago

I just got mine out today :(
    I wanted to get it to the post office on Friday, but didn't get there until today. But it's out of my hands now...
    Look for it soon!

Amanda 'romando'

• limequilla
    17 years ago

So sorry for the delay, but I just got my package out today (Wed). It was too big (read: expensive) to ship from the PO, so I had to send it UPS.

Tracking number is 1Z440X800319875428. I think. I'm not 100% sure how to tell a zero (0) from an O. IN any case, I bet it doesn't hit Dave's until Monday, so I am really sorry for holding things up. I had to wait for some stuff to ripen here, and I had to find some of the seeds you all wanted. (I hit up a lot of my local gardening friends for some of your seed.) :)

To the people who wanted Trycritis, it is not ripe yet. If it becomes ripe in the next few days, though, I'll email Dave and see if there is time to fire it out and still make a decent turnaround time for him sending out your packages. My plant could also be one of those patented plants that doesn't make seed, just empty pods, so I just have to play it by ear. I really thought it would ripen faster than it has, and thought I could certainly fill those wishes. :(

Lime

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Update on the Trycritis -- it doesn't have any viable seed -- I opened up some pods and there was nothing there --not even unripe seed.

So sorry,
    Lime

• andrea81
    17 years ago

Lime,

Geez, you mailed 10.3 lbs. of seeds!! :-)
    You are very generous. It should be to Dave by Friday according to UPS. No worries!

Andrea

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yesterday I rec'd packages from:

ggwrn
    northerngirlz3
    sandlapper rose

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Andrea,

There was a LOT of chaff! hahahahaha

Lime

• zabecc
    17 years ago

just curious if my seeds made it yet Dave?

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yesterday and today I rec'd packages from:

limequilla
    romando
    LisaM627
    clbrickhouse
    sunset in
    scouttiegirl
    mallowmallow
    threeshyacres
    zabecc (the seed gremlin didn't get them ;))
    luvstogroroses

Make sure you update your gw member page want list.

• lynnsherbs
    17 years ago

Dave - thanks for actually PICKING UP my seeds!!! How's that for service! Glad I had them pretty well ready for you. I'd been working on getting them packaged all week. I'm looking forward to seeing what you put together!

Lynn

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rec'd a package from:

shimla
    lynnsherbs

• lizinnh
    17 years ago

Dave, I am just wondering if my package got there okay after it's detour. I am thankful that the person that received it was honest and forwarded it for me. I love this community! LizinNH

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

gosh, it's been a while. Sure hope everything is OK.
    This will give a bump to the post anyway.
    BB

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I rec'd the final package from lizinnh. Everyone did an awesome job presorting the seeds. Thank you!!! As to my progress... sortin, sortin, sortin...

Dave

• shimla
    17 years ago

I just wanted to post and wish all the traders a Happy Thanksgiving! I am very thankful this year that there are so many wonderful gardeners out there that have taken the time to save and share their seeds. In garden lingo, I was "2-trowels-down" this year so I'm really looking forward to this swap! Last year it was a blast :)

And, thanks again Dave for making it all happen for us!

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience...I should be done by the end of the weekend with all the packages. I will post as I mail them.

Today I mailed packages to:

askewgardens
    aurore
    ggwrn
    kalena67
    lizinnh
    mallowmallow
    naplesgardener
    pattyb
    sandlapper rose
    scouttiegirl
    simplylisa
    strmywthr3
    threeshyacres

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Dave

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    thanks you so much for setting up this swap and doing all the work, I can't wait to see what I got.
    have a great thanksgiving
    michelle

• drippy
    17 years ago

You are something else, Dave, to be working on this Thanksgiving weekend! I hope you have lots of fun, family, and friends this Thanksgiving.

• karenh71867
    17 years ago

Dave, my envelope arrived in the mail today, and I was so pleased with the seeds you sent!! A BIG Thank you for all of your hard work, and a big Thank you to everyone who helped granting my wishes, and then some!!

• mallowmallow
    17 years ago

hi there i got my envelope today and what wonderful surprises..dave, thanks for hosting this!! and thank you all too

pam
    mallowmallow

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

I got mine today. Thank you to all who sent in my wishes. Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season and Thank you Dave for another great year on this swap. Looking forward to next years.

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

Time to start checkin those mail boxes cause I just got back from the post office...I mailed the rest of the packages to:

andrea81
    bethbkodiak
    candycow
    clbrickhouse
    drippy
    galium
    limequilla
    lisam627
    micyrey
    northerngirlz3
    romando
    shimla
    sunsetin
    zabecc

I'll post the bonus winners later this week.

Dave

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

My seeds arrived today!! thanks to everyone who sent seeds on my wish list and thanks to Dave for hosting the swap and doing all the hard work.

Barbi

• Aurore
    17 years ago

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks for the trade. I liked the way you organized the swap.
    Hope everyone got something from their wish list.
    To the person who got my amaranthus (white envelope)- I finally found the name- "hot biscuits"- 6ft. tall (tan seed).
    Happy gardening one and all!
    Aurore

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

I received my seeds today. Dave thanks for another great swap! Also thanks to everyone who sent in seeds from my list. I received some things I have been wanting for a very long time!

Ginger

• naplesgardener
    17 years ago

I posted this message to the original thread and just found this updated one.
    THANKS everyone for the seeds and to lazygardener who did the work sorting and sending.
    I've already started some tomatoes and sunflowers.
    It's just like a party when new seeds come in the mail.
    I got a lot of what I asked for and some interesting things I've never heard of (Kiss me over the Garden Gate? Looked it up on davesgarden.com. Interesting)
    Thanks again to all.
    Denise in Naples

• askewgardens
    17 years ago

I got mine today; full of goodies, thanks for the seeds and the effort you put in.

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Got mine today. It was like Christmas. Kayla and I are very tickled at all the goodies everyone picked for us. Thank you guys so much. Now I am off to go look them up and see how to plant them. Happy Holidays everyone.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• lizinnh
    17 years ago

I received the bubble envelope today. Thank you to scoutiegirl's garden,limeguilla, simplylisa, askewgardens, drippy, et al. and especially lazygardener for the wonderful surprises! Bring on spring as I can't wait to see the shoots on these. Thank you everyone for making my wish list shorter. LizinNH

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Hello Dave and all gardeners,
    I also received my package yesterday. Thanks for the wonderful seeds! My daughter fell in love with the 'Lumina' Pumpkin seeds, and we are very excited about the sight of white pumpkins in our yard.
    Great Round Robin, and I hope to sign up for it again in the future. : )
    Happy Holidays to all,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'

• drippy
    17 years ago

I received mine today - yee haw! A "few" more, Dave? You're a character!

Thank you so much, Dave, for all the hard work, and thank you, all you participants who sent me such great stuff - I'll be a busy girl this winter!

:D

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Hi Dave and all--

I got my huge envelope of seeds today, too! WOW! Thank you for all your hard, hard work, and thank your better half for letting you do this over Thanksgiving!

It will be a week before I finish going through all these, looking up the ones I don't know and cataloging them all. I sure have learned a lot since joining Garden Web -- I've had to!

I must say, I got an awful lot of my wishlist, so thanks to all the participants! And again to Dave for figuring it all out. LOL!

Lime

• northerngirlz3
    17 years ago

Christmas came early to my house! I got some WONDERFUL SEEDS!!!! SO many from my wishlist, I can't beleive it! I got some new ones that I've never heard of too - which I love - its so fun to find out about new things for my zone.

This was such a great swap. I sure do appreciate all your work. I'm sure everyone does!
    And thanks to all you gardeners that sent in such wonderful seeds!!!
    Jen

• galium
    17 years ago

Hi Dave,
    My package arrived today. You did a wonderful job hosting. So many of my wishes granted. I'm overwhelmed.
    Thanks everyone,
    Mariann

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

My seeds arrived today as well. Thank you so much to all who added seeds to my collection. Many sound wonderful - I will be checking them out on the internet. I really got way more than I expected from my wish list so thanks again -and especially thank you to Dave for organizing this.

Sandlapper Rose

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi
    my seeds came today, and I was overjoyed to see soooooo many wonderfull seeds.
    I love trading with such generous and thoughtful people.
    we must do this again.
    thank you to you all
    michelle

• andrea81
    17 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thank you so much to Ron for all of your hard work and to everyone who participated for all of the wonderful seeds.

Happy Holidays,
    Andrea

• drippy
    17 years ago

I wanted to add, since I didn't post too much this afternoon (too excited sorting and cataloguing, LOL) - I got many of my "wants" from all of you, and my son will be very excited about the variety of gourds I received.

Thanks again!

• sunset_in
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I received my package today. Thank you all for all of the wonderful seeds and thank you Dave for all of the hard work.

Karen

• shimla
    17 years ago

Dave - I just got my package in tonight! Thank you so much - you did a wonderful job again! You even went into your seed stash for some toad lily - too cool :). Such a nice variety, I'm really getting anxious to start winter sowing now. And I told myself I was only going to do a few container this year - yeah right!!! Thank you everyone - opening my envelope was like being a kid again at christmas time! Too much fun :)

• zabecc
    17 years ago

I got my seeds today. It was better than Christmas. It was like openeing a package where someone read my mind and put in everything I wanted most (imagine that, haha). Anyway, thank you everyone so much for sharing all your special seeds for my wish list. I'm even excited about the seeds that I don't even know, like ligularia and angelica.
    Thanks and best wishes to all!!!
    -Elizabeth

• clbrickhouse
    17 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Lots of goodies and again things I didnt know about. Thanks so much to all and Dave. Got lots of wishes. I was at work when they came and dh couldnt wait until six and he tore into my envy before I made it home. Walked in said what we get in the mail. he said on the kitchen table. I looked oh no seeds. Then I went to sit in my chair and almost sat on my seeds! Usually were goggling and taking seeds from each other but he bet me to the punch that time!

Again, thanks to all and to all a good night!!!Merry Christmas

oh...someone send me a plastic envy with masking tape on the front reading favorite light and medium pink. Would love to know what that was. Im thinking maybe painted daisies or asters. Lotsssss of seeds!

• shimla
    17 years ago

I think that was me, clbrickhouse, because I use the masking tape. Yes, Asters. Did I not write that on there LOL? I got some in a trade a couple of years ago so never have known the name of them but love them anyway! Goes for most of my stuff in the garden these days, since I've done an incredible amount of trading over the years. If you know what the painted daisies look like, since you brought them up, the shades of pink are very similiar. Mine start blooming in August but I'm a zone 5. You might get earlier blooms. They are about a foot tall give or take. Very chipper in the garden :). I winter sow them. I finished up my seeds from 2 years ago last year and had a blue one in the mix (bachelor button colored blue). Hopefully I can get them to germinate this year so I can share the seeds of those also. Love when the unexpected pops up in the yard!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Dave...received my package and WOW! Christmas came early for me as once again, you have done a wonderful job!!!! You sent me seeds I've been wanting for a very long time. I can only imagine all the hard work and time you put into this, and it is all very much appreciated. Thanks to those also who helped fulfill some of my wishes!

You can bet I'll be one of the first to sign up for Wish List V!!! Thanks again! - Lisa

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the emails and comments it's nice to know the hard work paid off and was appreciated.

Everyone went out of their way again to grant as many wishes as possible which makes this swap so much fun. We had a total of 2345 packets of seeds in the swap.

A special thanks to the 6 people who granted over a 100 wishes each and are the bonus winners this year.

candycow
    clbrickhouse
    drippy
    limequilla
    romando
    shimla

Check the exchange next year around the 1st weekend in Oct for Wish List V!

Happy Gardening!
    Dave

Dave

PS I got many of my wishes too THANKS!!!!

• lynnsherbs
    17 years ago

Dave - belated thanks for dropping my seeds off at home, again above and beyond! It was fun to be in the exchange again, thanks to every one that participated. Merry Christmas all!

Lynn