Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obf nov turkeytime/bountiful harvest swap

Posted by sguanzon z9 AZ (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 07 at 10:00

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OurBloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with one of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja11 (carol ) via email.

Welcome to the November OBF swap! Signups through October 31st!

This month's theme is Thanksgiving TurkeyTime/Bountiful Harvest/Cornucopia of Friendship.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays - I love getting up early and starting the Thanksgiving dinner, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and later, football! And the challenge of making everything and getting it all on the table at the same time (and warm - LOL!). Just love the whole thing. Then the next day, we start decorating the house for Christmas (after the sales of course!).

Some of us have had a Bountiful harvest this summer but, sadly, some of us have not :( If you feel like sharing plants, bulbs or seeds, please do so.......

maybe even a squash from your garden for Thanksgiving dinner!

If you will be able to mail in time to receive by Thanksgiving, please include a Turkey in the box (turkey on a towel, salt/pepper shaker, turkey figure for the table, whatever!).

A family recipe you enjoy making for Thanksgiving and would like to share would be great as well!

As for hostess gifts this month, I would like to request, instead, that you donate a non-perishable food item to your local food bank, church, or charitable organization if you can.

Remember, signups until Oct 31st, mail in time to receive by Thanksgiving if at all possible. Let's have fun!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: obf nov turkeytime/bountiful harvest swap

****** HURRAY*******
***BONTYFUL BONTYFULL SEE Just How easy that was :)))

& I was just getting ready to call & talk you through it after I spent 1-2hrs helpping my sister get into her email :)) over the phone she is a new user to the computer this weekend :)) She's my lil ROCKIE :) so now I have to go send all my family emails to her :) so she can let everyone know she is a big girl now :))

love ya all Have fun with this I also love this hollidays but I need to sit out on this .
enjoy to all.

CONGRATS SUE I Knew you could do it
susie

o

big congrats sue, wonderful job, I'm a turkey so I am in. bunny will dress up like a turkey for those who wanna shoot their own turkey, come on oldies and newbies this looks to be a fun one. if that darn bunny would send me a pic I could dress her up as a turkey for ya, Mellen, Remy, Beth I know your in the woods so come out and sign up, then you can be hunting legally. my friend Beth where are ya ? anyone heard from our angel ? hugs ladies. carol Oh I'm IN

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 23, 07 at 13:05

(shouting from the woods) I'M IN!!!!!
Mary Ellen/Mellen

o

Sound fun but I am in a couple other swaps and will be gone over Thanksgiving ~ to my sisters in Oklahoma :) ~

Have fun ladies,
Marie

o

Yay Carol! Yay Mary Ellen! So glad you could join in this month.

Say, does anybody have any funny stories to share about Thanksgiving dinner gone wrong?

I know the first time I did prepared a Turkey when I was in my first apartment, I left the giblets bag in when I cooked it - I bet I'm not the only one who ever did that!

o

Sue..I love the theme you chose..Count me IN : ) I might not be around to post much with traveling and all but I will check in as much as possible to keep up with all you crazy gals : )

LOL on the giblets...I did that too.. more than once actually..hee hee

Shortly after I was married..my 1st turkey and not a clue what do do.Didn't want to ask mom for help..determined to do it all on my own!I remember I was running late and all in a tizzie...Thought hey if I turn up the oven the turkey should get done in half the time..right?? WRONG!! Ended up with a crispy crusted thanksgiving turkey that was still half raw. I can laugh about it now but as a newly wed trying to impress my inlaws it was a horror!! LOL

Hugs To All : )
Nancy

o

I was cooking my turkies late one night to take to the restrant for turkey day & I & my hubby fell asleep when he woke about3am to go to the restroom & found the house was full of smoke he opened the oven took out the turkey through it out in the snowbank thinging it was on fire , WRONG . it was the drippings on the oven burning :)
I was so upset woundering what i was going to do for a turkey to feed over 80 or so ,& I was in tears .

Guess What I was so mad at him I sent him out in the buff to dig it out of the snow. He felt bad also & so He went out in the cold to bring it back in :) He was so luck that tinfoil did not come off & the turkey was fine in the pan it landed right side up in the snow .

anyway my turkey day turned out very nice but hubby is no more :))

I also tried a turkey in the bag when I was young 1st married well the brown paper bag caught fire :)

well there was 2 of my life lessons with turkeys .:))
& luna yes I think many have left giblets in :)

have a great evening all its off to the magic show :))
susie

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 22:32

Sue,
Yeah! you did it!! : )

Carol,
lol!

Nancy and Susie,
Great stories!

My mother had her first Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of family over and all was done except the turkey. She of course is trying to keep things warm and looking nice(remember this is long before microwaves,) and the turkey was no where near done. Well, come to find out she didn't know the turkey took so long to defrost and was pretty much trying to cook a frozen turkey! They ended up eating everything sans turkey, lol!

Mine is a bit different. Gary and I lived in an apartment the first year we were married. It was in an old Buffalo mansion converted into apts. so we had a good amount of room to have people over. The appliances were very old like the house. Well, I'm trying to bake and I think the gas oven is just not working properly. I tell Gary about it, and he comes over and looks in the oven. He gets down on his hand and knees to take a look. He obviously breathed into the oven, because there was a big "woosh"! His hair caught fire and there I am whacking his head trying to put the fire out while he is staring up at me like a deer in the head lights! lol!!
Remy

o

Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 22:50

LOLOLOL, Oh my, these stories are too funny!!! Naked hubby out in the cold getting the turkey? And Remy, your hubby, too? I can see yours as a cartoon in a newspaper! No funny stories here. Just the usual giblets left inside the patootie. Duh!

Still working on getting bulbs and more bulbs in the ground when I get home from work.
Later friends,
Mary Ellen

o

Of course my turkeys have all been perfect, did leave innards in a few times tho. Anybody watch kid nation ? would like to see what kind of parents that taylor has. what a brat. went bulb shopping today, found some nice ones for my partner. Mellen thankyou for coming out of the woods, I know you like it there. Beth I am getting worried about you. My son just sent me a postcard from maryland, he says everyone there flys a state flag. he is a long distance truck driver. come out, come out, whereever you are miss beth big hugs to all carol

o

Oh My Goodness! LOL I love reading all these stories!! Oh, I wish I had one to tell!! My cooking is pretty un-eventful...unless you count the time I was pregnant, and therefore MOODY. I was baking 3 pumpkin pies at the same time, and had them all on cookie sheets to catch the drips. Well, the cookie sheets were cold when I put them into the hot oven, so as soon as I closed the door, I heard a THUMP PING! So I opened up the door, and the cookie sheets had warped, and twisted just enough to make the pies run everywhere...there was pumpkin filling on the top, sides & bottom of the oven! EVERYWHERE!! So I pulled out the sheets, and THREW THEM across the room, pies and all!
OhMyGoodness, what a MESS!!! LOL
I don't remember who cleaned it up, but it was probably my hubby..bless his heart. :O) He's an awesome guy.

Oh, and it took me 2 years before I got enough courage to bake another pumpkin pie. And I don't use cookie sheets anymore. Just Heavy duty pizza pans. :O)

I won't be able to join in this swap, girls! Sorry! I had it in my mind, for some reason, that it would be later than this. So I offered to host the November swap for MNF, and then signed up for another swap too.... So I am REALLY over-extended!! LOL I always seem to do this, take a month off, and then jump back in over my head! :O) I am SO looking forward to Christmas, though!! :O)

Melissa

o

Hi All,
I would like to be in for NOV. I truly love your hostess gift idea for Nov, you are awesome, I just donated a bunch of canned goods, but will do again for you:)

Great Turkey Day Stories All, Remy I feel for your DH, Oh my, I bet he will never do that again.

Funny Turkey Day, Oh yes, It was over 20 years ago, DH & I lived in a crooked house (had to have been) everything was going fine, I must have basted that turkey 20 times, then almost time to eat, I opened the oven door, out popped the turkey pan & all, slid all the way across the kitchen floor bam up against the fridge jolting all the fine gravy making juice out, turkey was fine, just could only make a small amount of gravy, but that was OK, as we had friends over to eat with us & when Chantell went to mash the potatoes (sorry, but she was a real blond) she accidentally stuck a fork in the beaters as the mixer was still going, Yep, now we had potatoes all over the kitchen, worked out that we had enough gravy for what potatoes we had left:)

Carol,
I love that show, DH hates it, thank the lord we have 3 TV's, I hope she(Taylor) NEVER wins a gold star, I almost cried when TK or is it DK? wanted to go home, I'm so glad he stayed.

May not post as often as I should, but I will keep up on our thread..:)Anita

o

sueg
sorry i called you luna was to late to correct when i submited forgive me .

great sunny day today so going out to enjoy it while I can :)
susie

o

Remy ~

- His hair caught fire and there I am whacking his head trying to put the fire out while he is staring up at me like a deer in the head lights! -

LOL!! Just to funny!!

Marie

o

Sue, I will decide soon whether I am "in" or "out." Things have been really busy here. You have a great theme and whether I join in this month or not, I will be happy to donate some food items here locally to share with those who need it.
Has anyone else in the group gotten a flu shot yet this year? I got one on Tuesday and have been feeling kind of bad since then. Maybe getting the version they have this year is worse than some other years. I don't know. Anyway, that shot has slowed me down the past few days. I usually have lots of energy and I have been dragging...

o

I got my flu shot last week, no ill effects. last year dh got his and got the flu right away, I got no shot and no flu. I'm ready for a partner. Anita nice to see you posting, I am glad dk stayed also, wish taylor had gone tho. how do you find a crooked house ? hope my daughter cooks the turkey this year. no Beth yet, I'm not gonna give up. sorry your not playing this month bunny. Sand hope you decide to play. hugs to all my bf's carol

o

Hi All! I will be sitting this one out.Lots of stuff going on. Have a great day.
Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Ladies, I have decided not to participate in the Turkeytime Swap. It sounds like so much fun, but I have a close relative who is very, very sick in NY and may have to fly up there with very little notice so I think it's best if I just stick to the seed swaps this month. I really stress about things if I can't get them done, so please excuse me -I really need to cut back on my stress load a bit this month. With the holidays ahead work and personal things will get busier and busier. You will, however, see me here to take care of the December Swap... and I signed up for Susie's Winter Sowing Seed Swap and am hostess for a different seed swap as well. I think that is all I can handle right now.
Have fun during Turkeytime!

Jeanne

o

You guys are too too funny with the stories. I'm sure I can think of more to contribute. It's a little early but.....my husband was born in the Philippines and he has a funny way of mixing up Christmas Carols.
We have a local radio station that starts playing the Christmas music on Thanksgiving and plays it 24/7 all the way to New Years. So, needless to say I have it on 24/7. W
Well, my husband likes to sing "Do you see what I hear?" la la la. . . . .anyway -- it's cute when he does it.

Sorry you won't be able to join us Jeanne, Marie, Melissa, and April, we'll miss you this month!

Thanks for joining the rest of you. I know we've got a lot more to hear from!

o

Oh loved the turkey stories..add me to the list of leaving the bag in the turkey...wonder why they don't have a note on those turkeys telling us about that thing? The most embarassing think I ever did cooking was trying to make biscuits for the first time. They came out of the oven and were flat as ever. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what happened. My DH's niece was the one who figured out I had used plain flour instead of self rising and she was younger than I. I did not even know there was a difference until she told me and I felt so stupid.

Hope to get in on the Christmas swap but will have to bow out of the Thanksgiving one. Will donate the food with pleasure.

Jeanne-Flu shots will do that to you sometime I have not gotten mine yet but hope to next week.

Shirley

o

NO Flu-shot for me the last one i had made me sicker then when I got the flu :( will take my chance & give someone else my share :)))
just chatted with my friend judy & her hubby is sick
with the flu they had their shots a few weeks ago .
can't say that had for sure how or where he got the flu but he is sick .

well I spent the day with my sister teaching her a few thinks about the computer :) this is her 1st time on one so as you all know it is very new & she is scared of it .

well time to rest these eyes you all have a great weekend .
susie

o

I posted earlier about my aunt who has been very, very sick in New York. Well, I am sorry to say that she passed away this afternoon. I have to fly up there very early Tuesday morning, so just letting you know. I have had an all around awful day. I'll spare eveyone the details. Anyway, after everything else, the mail came and there was a summons for jury duty. (You know how prior to that last thing you think - What else?)

o

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt, Jeanne.....have a safe trip.

Well so far we've heard from Cedarnest, Mellen, Nyvoices99, and Veeja11 as being IN, and Brittneysgran, Dirtundermynails, Hazelnutbunny, and SandlapperRose won't be able to participate this month. Need to hear from all the rest of you.

Remy are you playing this month?

Sue G.

o

Jeanne, sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I posted a nice post yesterday and it went in cyberland somewhere; I hate when it does that. My nephew has been diagnosed with Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma. We are very thankful that it is not cancerous but like everything it is a process to take care of it, and He will be traveling back and forth to Chicago.

I also want to say I will have to pass on the swap this month.But will drop in when I can, and I will be sure to drop off items to the local food pantry.

I hope everyone has a great day, and a fun but safe Halloween.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Jeanne~ Sorry to hear about your aunt.

Annie~ Your nephew is in my thoughts.

I'm enjoying the Thanksgiving horror stories! They're fun to laugh at now but at the time I'm sure it was anything but funny.

o

Sue, I'll be sitting out this one.

Hi Nancy, hope alls going well.

Annie, you and your family are, in my prayers.

I hope everyone has a nice day.
Gale

o

Jeanne-Condolences to you and your family so sorry to hear about your Aunt. My Uncle passed away yesterday, we lost my Dad in January and this is his Brother so they both went to be with the Lord in the same year. Our neighborhood is full of little old ladies living alone.

Annie-Sorry to hear about your nephew.

Shirley

o

Sun, Oct 28, 07 at 21:38

Hi All,
Gary and I went to stay over at a local hotel fancy schmancy last night. We had a certificate for a room and dinner, so it was like a late anniversary present. We upgraded to a jacuzzi room, and it was very nice. Melissa I got to use some of the bath salts. : )
I got some sort of bad news too. Gary's grandfather died today on his 92nd birthday. We knew it was coming being his wife died over the summer. So it is sad, but he was is poor health and as they say he is with her now.

Jeanne,
So sorry about your aunt.

Annie,
I'm glad to hear your nephew does not have cancer. Though operations and stuff are no fun! I know. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for him.

Sue,
I thought I said I was in, but maybe I didn't, lol. We already give food, but we will send extra for you : ) Plus, it may end up being lucky like when I donated extra money during Annie's month.

Have a good night everyone,
Remy

o

Jeanne and Remy so sorry for your losses. Annie your nephew is in my prayers. my thoughts and prayers are with you Jeanne and Remy also. Remy a romantic night in a hotel ? hope you enjoyed it it's been a few years for us. can't wait for swap to start. big hugs to all my bf's
carol

o

Gm All & So sorry for all the Family loses & Sickness
So far all is Good Around here .
Sue I thought I had posted that i had to passed for this month also .
As For the food drive Donation's it is this next weekend at the park an alday event lots of fun every year .
People bring in Coats, Hats Gloves , Boots, & Shoes Of all sizes & Food of all type for those who need . there is a church that gives the Items out .

Ok Now Ladies I Also Posted A forum Of a Color tour
Of the USA Please Post a COunrty seeting , Or Backyard Life AS AL WOULD Say "In Your Neck Of the Woods :)))
Look Forward Visiting your State .
Have a great day all
susie

o

Tue, Oct 30, 07 at 9:41

Hi All,
Where the heck is everyone? I went to the auction last night. It was really packed with people. Many thing went for a lot of money! I was hoping to get a fairly new tv(our tv is starting to go) that was advertised, but the bidding went too high. I did snag 5 hardly used aluminum lawn chairs for the cottage for $15. I also got a box of 1950's juice glasses some with hand painted tomatoes for only $2. Oh and I got a very very expensive when new(still looks brand new)lambs wool coat with a fur collar for just $40. I think I lucked out size wise on that! Ok enough about the auction : )
I have to get outside and start planting bulbs in a bit. I should be done by now,but I'm not! At least it is sunny outside.

Carol,
Yes, a romantic evening. Only problem though is the Buffalo Sabres were playing so we spent most of the evening watching the game, lol.

Susie,
I haven't been out and about to take any cool photos. I wish I had my camera two mornings ago on the way to work. Crossing the bridge into the city of Niagara Falls, you can see the Niagara Falls mist(it looks sort of like a huge billow of smoke)in the distance, but that morning the sun was hitting it just right, and the mist was rainbow colored! It was super neat.

Talk to you all later,
Remy

o

Ok, so far we've heard from:

IN
Cedarnest
Mellen
NYvoices99
Remy
Veeja11

OUT
Brittneysgran
Dirtundermynails
Hazelnutbunny
Missg
Raggedyann161420
SandlapperRose
Skohler

We still need to hear from:

BethBKodiak
Dancingmoon
EarthlyDelight
Ilovefarac
Lilgreenthumb
Llbean
Lunamoon
Theresa24

Let's hear from you!

Sue G.

o

Sue,
I'm still in the group. ;)

Jeanne,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt!

Shirley,
I'm also so sorry to hear about your Uncle!

I didn't read all the posts yet (so I'm behind). I'm in for this month. I'll try to catch up tonight!

Deb

o

Gosh, sorry Deb - I guess I copied the list over incorrectly - I'm so glad you're in! Did I miss anyone else?

o

Hi All,
I have to sit out this month also. You all crack me up with those stories. I had not been online in a while but have a great month. Take care, Amy

o

Tue, Oct 30, 07 at 23:12

Hi Sue,
You missed Deb, Amy, and Sassy. I think those are the only ones you missed.
Oh I dug the fuschia up out of the big outdoor pot and potted it into a smaller more manageable one, and put it in the garden window. It looks so pretty right now. Hopefully I can keep it alive until spring!
Remy

o

Hello to all!
I am sorry to say that i am out of the OBF group. I sent Susie and Carol an e-mail on October 8th explaining my reasons.
Thanks for all the fun time and friendship. I wish you all nothing but the best, and great gardens to all of you!
Blue Skies,
Trish/DancingMoons

o

Hello! Sorry haven't posted sooner, but will have to wait on this one. Been very sick for a couple weeks and not sure when I'll feel like doing much again. Too many dr. bills and medicine bills.
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.
Thanks, Melinda

o

Sorry I haven't posted. I've been trying to decide because I really wanted to do this one but I guess I need to pass. Just too much going on right now. I love Thanksgiving too and really get into it but I don't know if I can do justice to a box right now. Thanks for the laughs in this thread. Sorry I have not read all of them. Hope all is well with everyone. We still need to get the rest of the test results back with regards to DH. That has been stressfull as well.
I will try to get my act together in time for next month.

Theresa

o

Ok, hopefully I have this right now - LOL!

IN
Cedarnest
DebbyA
Mellen
NYVoices99
Remy
Sguanzon
Veeja11

OUT
Amybabyboy3
Brittneysgran
Dirtundermynails
Hazelnutbunny
Ilovefarac
Missg
Raggedyann161420
SandlapperRose
Skohler
Theresa24
WYnative

Still need to hear from:

BethbKodiak (has anyone heard from Beth?)
EarthlyDelight
Lilgreenthumb
Llbean
Lunamoon
Sassy

What say, shall I wait another day or so to hear from everyone?

By the way it's still almost 90 degrees here. Last year we had a cold spell in October and then it went back up in the 90's in November. My beautiful lemon tree thought it was spring and flowered! Then we had cold cold December January - so I have no Lemons this year - I'm so bummed......it was loaded the year before........... :(
Hope it cools off and stays cool so I can have lemons next year.
You don't think it will flower every November now, do you? That would be awful...............

Sue G.

o

The missing members is my fault, Amy are you still in our happy group ? I got a forward from beth but no e-mails, sure hope she is ok, I love her, where are ya beth ?? inquiring minds want to know. Hopefully Shirley will soon be starting a november photo thread for our group, so we can all post pics of our lovely barren yards and cute children in costumes and leaves send requests to join our fun group to shirley, brittenysgranny. hugs carol

o

Wed, Oct 31, 07 at 22:34

Happy Halloween All,
The weather is nice so we had lots of kiddies here tonight! There's almost no candy left for me: (
You're not going to believe what happened to Gary today! He went to Sears alone to buy a new TV because our living room one is dying. He got a 32" tv. He bought the last one, the one on display, and got a bunch of discounts for it, which you all know I love. So he is at the pick up area with another guy customer. Some talk occurs about punching your number in to get your product, whatever, so Gary's TV comes out first. He asks the store guy to wrap it so it won't get damaged because there is no box. So the store guy is helping Gary wrap it, and the other guy's tv comes out. He has purchased one of those humongous tvs. He has the audacity to say to Gary, "Maybe one of these days you'll be able to afford to buy one of these." So Gary says back something to the effect of "I don't need a big tv to make up for the size a small you know what."lol! The store employee even chimed in saying something to the guy. The customer was actually lucky Gary didn't do something worse being the funeral was this morn.

Shirley,
Sorry about your uncle. I missed the post before. (We posted around the same time.) It is like how Gary's grandfather just died and his grandma died in June. They are together again.

Amy,
I forgot to say, I'm glad to see you post!

Trish,
You know I'll miss you : )

Melinda,
I hope you feel better soon!

Theresa,
Waiting for results is stressful. Hopefully everything is good.

Sue,
You had "Cold cold", lol, how cold might that be?

Carol,
Beth did post to the end of Sunflower swap thread. She did say she is alive and well. I'll have to find it for you.
Remy

o
RE: re new: obf nov turkeytime/bountiful harvest swap

Wed, Oct 31, 07 at 22:41

Carol,
Here's a link for you. : )
Scroll to the bottom of the thread.

You got me thinking/remembering though...

Sue,
I believe Laura/Llbean will be back next month.
Kim/Lilgreenthumb is on a break from swapping all around.
Maryanne is out there. Maybe she will pop in and say hi : )

Sassy,
You out there?! I hope you didn't get sick again.
Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunflower Swap Thread

o

Cold Cold is late December early January we had a couple days of highs in the 50's and lows in the upper 20's.
Killed off a lot of ficus trees which are a staple "front yard" plant around here. The ones that made it are just now almost all leafed out again.
It was the 2 days where it stayed 27 degrees til 9 in the am that killed off a lot of our plants. :(

Guess that's not cold cold to y'all.

o

Fri, Nov 2, 07 at 19:54

Hi Sue,
In the 20's is cold! I thought you were talking like 40's.
Remy

o

Wow Sue! 20's in Arizona! We're having cooler temps, but nothing like that. This is a brug that bloomed a couple of days ago and is full of buds that I think will open tommorrow, today they were 1/3 the way open. Dr. Seuss......Its chilly tonight so they may not finish opening but, no frost called for. We'll see.

Hope you girls have fun in this swap, I apologize but I'll have to wait until December. Sue I'm truely sorry.

Sassy

o

Thankyou for the link Remy, makes me feel better, I was worried, gonna have to make sure she gives my phone number to one of her children in case anything happens to her, I will know, she is too young to get any of us old folks illnesses tho. Earthly you too need to check in, you are one of the lifetime members of this group. Mary Ellen came out you can too. big hugs carol

o

Oh my I guess this will likely be it so I'll post the partners later this morning. Got to run and get potting soil as soon as the stores open.

What kind of potting mix do you use for your containers? Does everybody make their own or is there an "all-purpose" one that you've found to be just as good? Just wondering......

Be back later with the list!

Sue G.

o

Ok, here we go. Remember if you are sending turkey/thanksgiving themed items please send in plenty of time for Thanksgiving.

Veeja11 sends to Mellen
Mellen sends to Cedarnest
Cedarnest sends to Remy
Remy sends to NYvoice99
NYvoices99 sends to Debbya
Debbya sends to Sguanzon
Sguanzon sends to Veeja11

Hope this looks ok to everyone.
If you need your partner's address please ask them. Also, if you need their questionnaire.
I have questionnaires from several months back so I may be able to help too but verify the address.

Have fun!

o

Sat, Nov 3, 07 at 19:58

Sassy,
Gorgeous flowers! My brug(plain white) bloomed right through light frost though the rim of the flowers got slightly damaged. All in all I was quite surprised.

Carol,
You're welcome : )

Sue,
I buy large bags of potting mix. I used to get Pro Mix, but the one local nursery started carrying another brand that is a bit cheaper but good quality that begins with a B. I can't remember the name! It is a grey bag with green printing and it says professional mix. It is going to drive me nuts that I can't remember!
Remy

o

wow I get miss Mellen, please send me your addy and a wish list it has been awhile, I'm excited. hugs carol

o

HI ALL!!!
I got two messages from Sue and realize I better get on over here and say HELLO.
I am alive and kicking. Actually, I feel like kicking my heels up and dancing and that is a great improvement over this summer. I was just not happy here. (in Maryland) That took me much by surprise and I have been intent on figuring out how to fix that situation. I used to tell complainers who worked for me... "if you don't like it here, then either do something about it or shut up."
Shutting up didn't fix anything for me so I tried to decide what to do about it?????
Well, I'm selling the house and hitting the road again. I loved that travel I did with travel nursing and still want to see more places and people. I hope to travel until I run out of time, energy,money, or places to see. If I find "paradise" here on this earth, I may stay a long time but I'm sure not ready to settle down here/yet. I'm know a lot of folks think this is crazy but....
NOW... This is a sort of "Last Call"
If anyone wants garden books or magazines for postage,
Or some LG or XL hospital scrubs for postage please let me know. I hate to take this stuff to the dump or to the Salvation Army.
I'd prefer to do flat rate priority as those boxes are so accessible but I can do a few at book rate. Looks like about 5 pounds to a box of magazines, heavier for hard cover books.
All for now and have fun on your swaps
Beth

o

Sun, Nov 4, 07 at 19:22

Hi Beth,
Glad you stopped by : ) I don't think what you're doing is crazy at all. Of course my father drove the entire US once. That is how he decided to retire to Key Largo later on. Of all the places he went, he liked it best. He does fit in down there with all the other strange old men, lol.
I'm interested in books. I'll send you an email.
Remy

o

HI Beth GO For it We only live One time in life they say SO Just go for it.
I know if & when anything happens here & I have this big place all to myself I plan to go allot more places .

well you ladies have a great week . Anita Well try to get your seeds out to you as soon as they are ready mybe by end of the week.

susie

o

Beth, Good for you !!! you gonna stop here again ?Life is too short not to enjoy it. so way to go girl. promise to keep in touch tho. I have missed you. can you do a squirrel swap from the road ? big hugs good luck and lotsa love
carol

o

Hello. I want to send a quick thanks to those who are providing homes to my books and magazines. Strange how much I hated to throw those out.
Carol I'll make it a point to stop so I can see your new house and Gardens. I want to see Jeanette again too! What has become of her? It may take me a year to get there but I sure will. I miss you too.
I miss everyone and all the friendly chatter. Once I figure out a routine... I'll be in an occasional non plant swap. Guess that could include the crazy squirrels. LOL
I still have lots of squirrley stuff.

o

Look forward to seeing you again Beth, I also want to know what has happened to our angel. remember I told you to take the job at Denali ?knew you weren't ready to retire. look forward to buying gifts for my november pal. hugs carol

o

Wed, Nov 7, 07 at 20:53

Beth,
You know I will definitely enjoy all the reading material you send!: ) I know how you feel about throwing them out. I have a hard time throwing seed catalogs out!

Anita,
I got your name again! It must be fate: ) I feel like I must have something that needs to go to you, but I don't know what it is, lol. Hopefully, I'll figure out something you will love!
Remy

o

Remy..Your box from me was sent off yesterday 0103 8555 7491 8254 1558 Hope you like what I picked for you.Oh before I forget..I just about laughed myself silly at your email with the 70's styles..Oh My Gawd..what a blast from the past!!

You all will have to excuse me for not getting online to post more in the group..I have been doing alot of extra volunteer work and theres not enough hours in the day I have found out quick..Things have just been crazy around here...lol..I'm sure you all can relate.Hey..I think of you all often tho.Should be able to get on and chat more very soon.Talk to you all later : )
Nancy

o

Ok proud parents and grannys I have started a new bf photo thread for pics of your yards and spooks. earthly where is that lil darling ? hope to see all those cuties soon. my sad front lawn is posted. hugs friends
carol

o

Remy,
Yes, I think you are right (Fate) I am so not a picky person, see that's why you have not figured out yet what you have living with you that also needs to live with me:)

Debby,
Looking forward to sending to you:) Will make sure I still have your info sheet, if not, I'll E-mail you for it.

:)Anita

o
RE:Yikes!

Debby,
YIKES!!! You have no Have/Want list? Help:)Anita

o

Anita,
I've always had a 'Have/Want' list before? GW deleted it! (I just checked) Ahhh! I'll update my GW page hopefully tonight.

Deb

o

Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 21:06

Hi All,
My box from Nancy was waiting for me when I finally(it has been a long day) got home tonight! In it was
A big bag of pumpkin potpourri which will be great for in the steamer on top of the wood burning stove
A very cute wooden hanging plaque with a turkey on it and a silly saying
An Aromatherapy book
Tulip bulbs, you know I love the bulbs
and last but not least, irises, possibly Argus Pheasant, but if not that's fine; I've never met an iris I didn't like : )
Thanks so much Nancy! The beginning of next week is suppose to be nice so I'll enjoy being out there planting.
I'm glad you got a kick out of those pics! It is scary that I remember all those clothes.

Remy

o

Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 22:03

Nancy, I will be sending your Thanksgiving box out in tomorrow's mail. So the first box you will be getting from me is the Thanksgiving one. Since I also got your name in the bird/feathered friends swap this month, I wanted to make sure you knew the difference. I hope to have that box ready to go on Monday. I will let you know for sure, though.
Mary Ellen

o

I posted this message on your October thread before I realized that maybe no one would see it. So, I cut and pasted it over here

Hello everyone-
I don't mean to but in over here but I was wondering if anyone has heard from earthlydelights (Maryanne). She is in our Queen Of The Month Swap and I haven't been able to contact her. This is so unlike her I'm beginning to worry.
Thanks
Mariann

o

Galium/Mariann I haven't seen Earthly around gw at all for some time now.She might just be really busy with life and needed a break from swapping for awhile.That happens with us all from time to time.I do hope she knows we all are missing her and hoping she is back with us soon.

Remy,It made my day to hear you liked your box.Remember where you plant the ones I think are argus pheasant(drives me nuts I don't know for certain) and if they end up being something else I will dig some fresh pheasant and fly them off to you in the spring.(re reading that sounds gross..lol)

Mary Ellen..I will be on the lookout..I would have understood if you would have just sent one box to combine the 2 swaps tho.That would have been fine with me : )

Well ladies I hope you all have a Great Weekend : )
Nancy

o

Ladies, I think I am going to post the December Swap next weekend. I know that is a little early, but I know how the weeks fly by between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This will give people a chance to see it and respond before they travel for Thanksgiving or get busy with company for the long Thanksgiving weekend. I'll take sign ups from then until December 1 and then I want to match partners so everyone can mail ahead of the holiday rush.
Hope that is okay.

Jeanne

o

Sounds like a great idea to me Sand, go for it. I have been in contact with maryanne and will let her know about the other swap. she still loves us and is a part of our group. just taking a rest. dh is almost done with group pic so if you have not sent me your pic please do so. hugs carol

o

hey everyone long time no type!!!!
how is everyone?

i've been mia for a bit, so much going on here - more than i can say at this time, but i hope to share the news in about a month or so - very exciting news too but i don't want to jinx myself.

i hope everyone is well - i can't believe the year is almost over. winter is on it's way, we had a little frost this morning and i'm so glad i picked the rest of the peppers late yesterday after work. i wound up just ripping out all the tomatoes - so many green ones left, but no time to breath to do anything. besides i'm not a fan of them going from hot to cold and hot and cold - makes the tomato nasty tasting - so i just tossed them. i'm back to work after being out for 2 years - so i'm also getting used to that schedule which is a strange feeling.

sue g, i participate in a large food drive, so in your honor, i'll make sure i donate even more this year! what a wonderful idea.

laura sends her love, she will be back soon, i hope. please keep her in your hearts and prayers.

i probably won't participate in december, but i am not quite sure yet so if you don't hear from me, i'll be thinking of you all in spirit! if not, i'll be sure to be back after the beginning of the year.

the baby is just growing and growing and growing into the most gorgeous love bug in the whole wide world!

be well everyone and if i don't get back to this site, i wish you all a blessed, safe and wonderful thanksgiving!

remy, you watching survivor this year?

maryanne

o

Hi gang!

I've been out of town on business for a couple days, tried to post from the hotel but didn't work somehow......

Anyway.... nice to hear from you Maryanne, you've got us all in suspense now -!

I'll be getting your box together soon, Carol!

o

Maryanne, great to see you are still with us, can't wait to hear your good news. I can guess what it might be but won't just to make sure it isn't jinxed. prayers are with you tho. big hugs carol

o

Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 23:16

Dearest Maryanne, hearing from you was enough to bring me out of the woods as our Veeja says. Prayers that your big news turns out well for you as I can guess, too. I/we really do miss you!!! Would love it if you would come back. Love 'ya, Mary Ellen

o

Sun, Nov 11, 07 at 19:33

Hi All,
It has been quite hectic here at work. Yesterday was the big holiday visit from Danny Wegman so we have been gearing up for that. Plus the store has just been plain busier because Canadian money is at par. Well, I got to talk to Danny, more than the regular hello. I told him about how into heirloom tomatoes I am, etc. He invited me to visit the farm next year. I'm not exactly sure what or how big the farm is, lol, but it is a pretty big thing that he invited me!

Hi Maryanne! about time you stopped by : )
I've got my fingers crossed for you. I haven't been watching Survivor. With my new work schedule it isn't as conducive to watch tv at 8. It seems to be my prime computer time.
I've got peppers in a good size pot that I actually brought in the house. Well see if I can keep them alive until spring. Lol, I'm so bad at overwintering, but I keep on trying.
I sure hope your new job is going well!

Nancy,
Lol, digging fresh pheasant does sound odd.

Anita,
I plan on mailing tomorrow or Tuesday. Wait tomorrow is Veteran's Day isn't it? Is the post office or banks open tomorrow? Probably not, lol. Ok Tuesday then. : )

Remy

o

WOW! Hi everybody. These last few posts look like a reunion of the, "Oldies But Goodies" Club.
Good to see everyone alive and kicking.
Grandson and I managed to get the Motor Home back to MD safely. It really was a fun trip. Now I can finish sorting and packing without moving all the travel stuff twice. Soon I will be singing, "I'm Off the See the Wizard".
Jeanne, I'm hopeing to be in the Christmas Swap. I'll be watching.
Carol, I have goodies for you too????? Hahaha (No attends, sorry)
BB

o

Mary Ellen..Your box arrived and needless to say..I Love It!!!....The Turkey Shelf Sitter is so adorable...lol..It is too danged cute.. and I love the Wonderful Fall Wallhanging.It looks really nice hanging in my entryway.The Towels will be perfect for Thanksgiving.I adore Amaryllis....The picture of the bloom of Vera looks so neat.Going to got pot it up now : ) Also many thanks for the Aveeno Body Wash.Looking forward to trying it tonight : ) Thanks Again Mary Ellen ; )

If I don't happen to get on here again before...*Happy Thanksgiving* To all my Blooming Friends..Hope you all have a Safe Travels and a Wonderful Holiday : ))

Nancy

o

Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 14:39

Nancy, I enjoyed putting the box together for you. The bittersweet in the wall hanging was from our Iowa ditches. When I go to shows and see the ridiculous prices that people charge for a few sprigs, I just smile to myself 'cuz I know where the bittersweet patches are around my place. I'm trying to grow my own, too. You have a Happy Thanksgiving, too. The same to everyone else here also.
Mary Ellen

o

Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 15:33

Anita,
I got your box on its way DC# 0306 3030 0001 8933 4951
The weather is beautiful right now. I sure hope it holds out for a few days, because I sent you somethings to plant!

Beth,
Glad to hear everything is going well with the motor home and packing. I'm sure you and your grandson had a great time.

Talk to you all later,
Remy

o

Hi Marianne & Beth!
I've missed both of you! Glad to see things are going well, and nice to see you post.

My package went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0003 2229 5836.
I'll try to catch up later with all the posts!

Deb

o

I am estatic that the oldies but goodies are still here, it warms my heart. Beth are you doing your traveling in your motor home ? gas prices might hinder you a bit. can't wait to see ya. good luck maryanne, my prayers are always with you. Mellen your box is packed and going out tomorrow, I finally found the perfect item I've been searching for. big hugs carol

o

Earthly and Beth,So good to see you gals posting : )

Mary Ellen..That is so neat you made that wallhanging! Looks like something I would buy at a craft show.That bittersweet is gorgeous..You are very crafty..unlike me : )

Nancy

o

Wed, Nov 14, 07 at 0:41

Carol, You must have found the perfect leg shaver, huh?

Nancy, actually, I am terrible at crafts, but thanks. If my friends and family heard your comment they would laugh 'cuz normally I am so NOT crafty! LOL

Looks like the December thread is up and ready for sign-ups. Go on over and take a look. Jeanne's got a good thing going!

Good night,
Mary Ellen

o

Beth, I am sooooooooooo jealous. I want to take off in a motorhome too and see the sights!

Debby, thanks for the heads up - I'll be watching for the box.........

Carol,
Still working on yours..........soon.............

Sue G.

o

Miss Mellen your boxes are in the mail, if #2 gets there first it has no note and is from greg bea but says box #2 on it. confirmation numbers are 03071790000467132545 and 03071790000467132552. hope you like your gifts, you will know which one is the special one I found for you, should arrive friday or saturday, it was fun having you. hugs carol

o

Fri, Nov 16, 07 at 23:36

Hey Carol, both boxes arrived today. Have not opened them yet as this is the first time in two days I have felt like anything. Have been sick. I will open them tomorrow and get back to you. WooHoo! Love 'ya. Mary Ellen

o

I received the greatest box from Debbya!!!!

I got:

Kitchen Thanksgiving Towel
Writing tablet and envelopes with sunflower them (so cheery!)
A Gardening DVD
Spice Mug Mat
and a Baggie with a Ton of Seeds.

I also got a huge amount of bulbs, including:

Glads - mixed, white, pink dream
Allium
Iris, Purple/Rust, Assorted, and Assorted rust
Dutch iris, professor blaauw, and symphony and bronze queen
Daffodil Salome (one of my favorites!)
Tulips, Princess Irene, Purple Flag, Don Quiottie, Pink Impression
and Hyacinth, City of Haarlem

a Great surprise.

Thanks so much Debby and Happy Holidays to you!

Sue G.

o

Remy
Thank you so much for the awesome box. Will post contents when I have more than 30sec's, Will also post Deb's D/C when hers goes out. :)Anita

o

Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 19:38

Hi all,
The computer got messed up again! Gary had to reformat it all again. He clicked on something he shouldn't of. Anyway, I'm glad to be back online. Not that there was anything to tell you all,lol. Well, we did the first snow that stuck on the ground overnight. Winter is really coming. : (

Anita,
I hope you got to get everything in the ground! If not, I'm sure there will be a few nice days left to get the bulbs in the ground.

Mellen,
I hope you are felling better.
Remy

o

I just wanted to post a special Thank you to ANNIE.

I lost a very dear, lifelong friend last week, and have been having a very difficult time with it. She was so close, we were very definitely sisters in every way.

This week, I had a very special surprise. I wish I could post a picture, but I don't have that ability from work.
Annie sent me several Iris in our last swap, and one of them actually bloomed this week for me. Through all the frosts, and hard freezes we've had this week, I had 2 blooms from this Iris.
The name of the Iris......HARVEST OF MEMORIES.

It is so unbeliveable....And Annie, you can not imagine how touched I am. I know you didn't plan it this way, and had no idea I would be going through something like this....but I definitely see God's hand in this.
I can't thank you enough, and I wanted to let you know.

Melissa

o

Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 22:03

Dear Bunny, I am terribly sorry for the loss of your close friend. I have a friend like that, too. We are also as close as sisters, and I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose her. When I read that the iris bloomed and what the name of it was, I just got goosebumps. God is with you--just keep holding onto His hand. Sending prayers and gentle hugs, Mary Ellen

o
RE: new:- obf nov turkeytime/bountiful harvest swap

Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 22:42

Carol, Thank you for the AWESOME boxeS of gifts. Let me guess what the special gifts was. It was the tea, right??? LOL Well, this is what my dear friend sent:

-the way, most awesome angel-Carol I love her-thank you so much!!! I love the words on the pedestal.
-an angel bell Christmas ornament-very dainty
-beautiful apple print hot pads, oven mit, dish cloth, and lots of towels-goes perfectly in my kitchen!
-tea-Bavarian wild berry and vanilla caramel truffle-yummy!
-Swiss white chocolate coffee drink mix--I love this stuff!
-a red bird candle-very pretty and unique
-candy and more candy
-manicure set perfect for my purse-I have needed one!
-an electric massager-I've been using it all week-end as we have been cleaning the garage--a HUGE chore
-and LOTS of bulbs---20 allium-ivory queen and purple sensation, 12 dwarf iris, 10 passionale tulips, and 32 assorted narcissus
My wonderful friend, it was so overwhelming to receive so many thoughtful gifts from you. But that is just who you are. You have a big heart and are a true and always friend. Thank you so much. Many hugs, Mary Ellen

o

Carol,

I sent your box out on Saturday DC# 0307 1790 0003 9479 1808 - hope you enjoy.

Sue G.

o

Mellen it is always a joy to send to you, silly the angel was supposed to be special not a tea light. Sue Thankyou for the wonderful box, you know me. sue sent me
a wolf cookie jar that howls when you open it
soy candle wax
watering can
thanksgiving suncatcher
turkey decoration for table
wild ginger bath set with bath puff
3 succulents
she knows I love wolves and make candles and am a turkey. thankyou a very thoughtful box I love it!!! thankyou and big hugs carol

o

Good Morning Everyone.
Remy sent me
Ceramic Leaf Bowl
Dill Pickles, They are yummy
Not Pad
Towel with grapes
Acorus Sweet Flag
Aruncos Dwarf Goats Beard
Poet Daffodils
Pink Charm Daffodils
Olodam Daffodils
Thank you so much Remy;)

Deb's D/C #0103 8555 7492 8944 9917
Have a great day.:)Anita

o

I hope all my OBF had a wonderful, safe Happy Thanksgiving! I did, ate a little too much, but had such a memorable day!

Anita's box arrived today, Anita sent..

Package of Fall napkins
Fragrant flowers seed mat
2 small padded envelopes
Friendship placque
Garden gloves
2 pack of soaps/decorative and festive!
Country garden candle tin
Backwoods soybean lotion bar
Thermometer (flip flop shoe shape)
2-Body spa package "Anti stress bath soak"
"Be Happy" note cards
Sparaxis bulbs/mixed
Wilton cupcake cups (package) pumpkins!
Butterfly that can hang/sit on anything!

Anita,
Thanks so much for such a wonderful package!

Deb

o

Just wanted to pop in & let everyone know I have been watching all the great boxes that have arrived even though I did not play :)

Anita even if you don't get the Bulbs In the ground you can plant them in dirt & set them out in the snow banks :)) they will still bloom thats what I did last fall & my back deck was blooming with glads :)

well Happy Holidays to all .

susie

o

Wow.......it looks like everyone has sent and received. That is great!

My computer at home is on the fritz so I ran in here to work so I could post...........

Hope everyone had an extremely good holiday. We're still working on the leftovers at my house..............

Sue G.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here