Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vic_zn5

update: ghouls just wanna have fun - 2nd edition - part 2

Vic Billings, MT
15 years ago

{{gwi:1303026}}

This promises to be a spirited swap! Old ghoulfriends and new ghoulfriends are welcome to sign up. I promise to include lot's of corny Halloween jokes and bad puns, and the group will supply the camaraderie.

Don't be afraid to don your best pointy hat and join in, even if you have never participated in a plant swap before.

I would love to get this one back to basics with plants and a Halloween theme as the centerpiece. Remember that in this group sending plants is supposed to be fun! Send what you like and what you would be happy to receive and don't stress about having the newest and greatest. This is still a good time of year for most of us to plant daylilies and German iris and many perennials, and fall bulbs would be absolutely wonderful to send! If your zone limits the fall bulbs that can be grown in your area, please let me know-I will try to match you with someone who can accommodate you.

The rules:

1. You must be at least 18 to join this swap.

2. You must send at least 4 plants. With bulbs, each variety will be considered 1 plant. For example, if you send 8 tulip bulbs and 5 are Orange Emperor tulips and 3 are Queen of Night tulips, each different variety will counts as 1 plant, so that would be a total of 2 plants for purposes of the swap. Please try to send plants that relate to Halloween in some way. It could be that the name includes a Halloweeny word like witch or moon or magic or midnight; or ones that are a Halloweeny color like orange, black or purple.

3. In addition to the plants, include something scary! That could be a scary Halloween decoration, the horror paperback you just finished reading, a picture of my third grade teacher (she terrified me, and still does decades later) or anything else that conveys the spirit of the season. The trick is not to spend a lot of money on your treat, but express what you love about the season!

4. All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

5. Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

6. Sign ups start now and will close October 4th. We will assign partners on the 5th and we will make October 18 the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

7. And most important, lets have FUN!!

Comments (47)

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Ok, I probably missed this somewhere, but is Bunny having a boy or a girl?

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"blowing off cobwebs and picking off spiders"...is this it Vic?.."waving paper"

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Ah VIC, I see you were teasing the little goblins and ghoulies with the list. Be careful! You've angered Mother Nature and Dan the Mailman. He might go postal on you. After all the rumor is that he is the Serial Gardener....

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A GIRL! But, they won't know for sure until the end.
    "slapping proudgms hand away from her @$$" ROFL

Tracy, they seem to be getting a little devilish don't they?

Linda, yes, that looks like it! BUT, seems there is snail slime all over it and it has smeared the ink and I can't read it. Darn! I'll have to have Zack draw names again......

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I had Zack come over to draw names and it seems Mother Nature and Dan Scared him!
    {{gwi:2104324}}

• medontdo
    15 years ago

that's funny!! maybe they just got tired of pulling them out of their butts so they just made them so they didn't have to do that anymore!! LOL
    yes, i did winter sow them babies!! its funny that you can winter sow them but you can't let them be perennial?? LOL
    hmmmm.....don't miss the waiting for partners!! LOL this time i know it will be at the hands of tabor and talla!! ha ha ha
    yep a girly!!! ~Medo

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Ok I can't stand it any longer. How do you get the pictures on here!!!!!! I found a really good one of me in my thong but it was too digusting for this forum.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Heh, heh, heh, Vic should we tell her how to post pictures? (Grin)

Those two are getting pretty devilish! I think they need a time out. Maybe you should just give partners early to some people and make the ornery ones wait?

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Myspace Halloween Graphics

***looking for The List while Linda and Vic gorge themselves***

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Alright, you're in for it now!

Myspace Funny Picture Comments & Graphics

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL
    You can try photobucket.com too

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Oh Yeah?! Put 'em UP!

Dan's gonna just love this... He's always up for a cat fight.

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, in keeping with the spookiness and fun of Halloween, I am going to email you each who you send to, it is up to you if you want to give out that information!
    Vic

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Okay, sorry I've missed a day. I've been a little under the weather. The morning sickness is back again.

Got any ginger tea, Linda??? :O) Maybe some ginger snap cookies??

Ohhhhhh, Viiiicc! Still waiting for those partners, you stinker!! :O)

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Didn't see a lot on photobucket. Where does everyone get theirs?

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

actually Bunny, I just had some snaps with my tea..."offering the bag"...so..we're going to be surprized with who we get?...so the person who we get and other people won't know?.."wondering if I'm making sense..but then..do I ever?"..."L"

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

GM, we get them from photobucket, you didn't see a lot? They have millions of pics! Use the search box and search for what you want "halloween" "happy" "proud grandma" etc

Linda, I was just wanting to see how many times everyone would check their email! ROFL
    If you would like, we could do a secret swap, that might take a little longer for me to get partners out! LOL j/k

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

didn't realize that was so big!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

ahh Vic, you are so BAD!!..(must be the company you're keeping)....LOLOL

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, it's the 5th now! If anyone is here I'll post partners, if not, that's ok, I'll just wait till later : )

Ya Linda, that Zack, he's a bad influence!

Vic

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Guess no ones here......
    I'm going to bed
    Good night everyone!

• paradise_acres
    15 years ago

Are we too late to sign up for this one? We took the last week off to get our long list of things done... Guess we should have added 'check for October's mnf round robin sign-up' to our list!! Bulbs and/or seeds work for us if we're not too late! Got a 30x60' flower garden tilled and 1/4 of it planted so have plenty space for either!! Enjoy the day! (our last of 9 off - UGH!) Jay & Rhonda

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Drat! Now I have to wait til I get off work to find out who my partner is! *sulk*

Kathy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Ok, so I'm a little slow. Do you save the ones you like to something else? I could spend hours looking for the ones I like.

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

sometimes I'll write them down or just keep checking. The new ones usually come out about a week before the last one ends..hope that helps!

okay Vic, I'm going to church this morning..I'm going to pray for you because I'm not sure what will be left of you when I get back..."G"

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

okay, that does it! the gloves are off now!

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Myspace Funny Picture Graphics

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Myspace Funny Picture Graphics

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Graphics for Funny Picture Comments

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hey Vic, I've got a question about the rules...
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    Wait for it...
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

HINT: Look beneath the balloons

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    are we having fun yet?

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

this is an actual town in Michigan. I've been there.

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Funny Picture Graphic Comments

me, at an early age
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Happy Halloween Graphics
    Graphics for Orkut, Myspace, Friendster, Hi5
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Happy Halloween Graphics
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    still with me? hehehe
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Happy Halloween Graphics
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Happy Halloween Graphics
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

Happy Halloween Graphics

Happy Halloween Graphics

Happy Halloween Graphics
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/...

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

don't mess with the mailman

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh Mercy, Dan....You're so full of it, your eyes must be brown.

Now, if you'll excuse me...my scrolling finger need a rest.
    Bad Dan.

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

hehehehehehe, actually, my eyes are blue! hehehehehehehe

don't mess with me, I'm a federal agent..... hehehe

I've just about got my box all done and ready to be sealed up. where is the partner list???

***still looking for the list***
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    {{gwi:2104338}}

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Ah yes, the Serial Gardener has killed another thread. That was fun... NOT!

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

After all the scrolling I had to do to get to the end of this thread, my hand is too tired to type the list, and it took so long to load the page I forgot where I put the list!

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Dan you owe me a mouse! I wore out my scrolling wheel. LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I gotted my partner!! Yay!!!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"applying lotion and bandaids to Vic's blisters"..shhesh Dan! Now we'll have to wait until her fingers heal!!

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Linda, they are still quite sore.

Proudgm, are you talking about saving the pics you find? I thought you might get lost looking at pics! lol
    You can set yourself up a free photobucket acct and save pics to there. That is where a lot of us put pics of our gardens and other things we want to share. Also, when you find a pic you like you can click "save to my album" that lets you make it smaller if you want (what I should have done to that GIGANTIC pic I posted!)
    Yes, the pic of you in your thong! I did see that one and thought the same thing you did, so I didn't post it LOL I believe you were at the beach.....

Jay and Rhonda, well, yes you are too late, BUT, since I didn't cave to all the treatening snails that were being thrown at me, I just have to do a quick redraw with your name in it : )

Also, I have had a couple emails asking if we are going to keep partners a secret, what would everyone like to do on that?

Thanks,
    Vic

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmm..secret partners..would go nicely with the whole spooky halloween thing....I vote yes for sneaky, I mean secret partners...

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Vic, one thing I would like to add about setting up your own photobucket account is that you can create your own folders for it too. I have several different sub albums in my account for family pics, garden shots, then sub albums for each of my individual gardens, clematis, lilies, daylilies and then keep a separate album for all web art I find that I want to use again or edit/personalize. I like keeping them separated so if I do a search I can find what I'm looking for pretty quickly. It is a pretty neat site and they just recently expanded some of their editing tools so you can add comments and funny designs to the pictures too.

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

*** I have hijacked this thread...I have two demands:

1. Hand over all your chocolate.
    2. Please go to flowers, feathers and fun to see what Wendy sent misskimmie.

Thank you

kim

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

it doesn't matter to me whether we get the list posted here, or get sent individual e-mails, but it would be nice to get it today sometime. my box is sealed already, and although there are air-holes in it, the food and water won't last forever, and I'd hate for what it is I'm feeding/sending to arrive dead.
    so, Vic, where's the list???
    will you post it if I promise to behave and not make such a long posting again? hmmmm??? you can trust me to behave, I'll even keep my shorts on for awhile if you'll give us our partners. how's THAT for a bribe??? rofl

-Dan

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Woohoo, I got my partner....now to figure out what to send!

I like the idea of keeping the partners secret...I'd just like to request that my partner looks at my trade lists to get ideas.

Amy

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Err....ummm....Just WHAT is Dan feeding??
    {{gwi:2104340}}

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Yea Vic that's the one! That was during my skinny summer. I've put a little weight on since then. I figured it was just too sexy for this forum. I figure Dan is in good shape but that's definitely a heart stopper there!

I have my flowers saved on photobucket. I was just wondering if there was some way to store the graphics that you liked until you needed them.

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Yeah! I got my partner! WooHooo!

Kathy

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Proudgm, you can save any pics to there, if it's in PB already then there is a link that says "copy to my album" and it will put it there. As far as other sites, I know there is a way to upload them to PB from your album, I think you would just put the web address in it, I've never done it before. Also as Tracy pointed out above:
    Vic, one thing I would like to add about setting up your own photobucket account is that you can create your own folders for it too. I have several different sub albums in my account for family pics, garden shots, then sub albums for each of my individual gardens, clematis, lilies, daylilies and then keep a separate album for all web art I find that I want to use again or edit/personalize. I like keeping them separated so if I do a search I can find what I'm looking for pretty quickly. It is a pretty neat site and they just recently expanded some of their editing tools so you can add comments and funny designs to the pictures too.

I've started part 3 so we don't have to wear our mouses out scrolling the page : )

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Too late!