Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

NEW: obf *** ' oct seed swap'

skohler
17 years ago

Are you all ready for a ghostly time :)) ???

HERE IS THE LINE -UP FOR OUR GROUP 'S SWAP

GOING OUT THIS AFTERNOON .

THE REASON FOR GOING WEST THEN EAST IS THAT A FEW OF OUR PLAYERS ARE IN ANOTHER SWAP & WANTED TO BE SURE TO HAVE SEED FOR THIS ONE . IF YOU SEE THIS BOX COMMING YOUR WAY & YOU MIGHT BE GOING AWAY THAT WEEK,

PLEASE LET US KNOW, SO WE CAN REROUTE THE BOX & THEN SEND IT BACK YOUR WAY WHEN YOU GET HOME .

WELL ITS OFF TO TOWN SOON

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL

SUSIE

DEBBYA

HUMMINGBIRDDAISY

NUMBER_1_ANGEL

MICKE

CAROL

DIZZYDAFFODIL

CEDARNEST

SGUANZON

THERESA24

GIVERNY4ME

KLICKITAT

LIL_GREEN_THUMB

BRITTNEYGRAM

BETH_B_KODIAK

TASTEFULLYJULIE

REMY

SKOHLER

Comments (139)

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

I'm glad to see people want it sent back out! I have so many good seeds that I can put in: )
    Remy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Looks as if jules is just Having to much fun playing in the box & so it may take her some time to post :))

Yes ladies I will be sending the box back arround after the 1st of the year so everyone will have a chance to maybe fine other new seeds to try in your gardens .
    will let you all know as soon as it gets back home & I can fix it up & ready to go out again .

well have a great evening all
    susie

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 1720 0002 5542 3117

Your item was delivered at 10:24 AM on November 30, 2006 in ACWORTH, GA 30102.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Yes, the package arrived today, however I didn't get home until very late. I'll dig through it tomorrow and see if I can get it out the same day. Otherwise, it will be Monday before it can go out as I work weekends.

It feels good and heavy! Can't wait to see what's inside!!!

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Hi all! I haven't been keeping up with this thread enough, I just realized you posted due dates. I will be away Dec 20th thru 29th so you may want to bump me up one or save me for last. I just don't want the package getting lost at my post office.

Thanks!!

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Yes I would do this again too, I am just now collecting many new varieties here in NW FL that are finally drying out....and let me tell you Jules will need time to relax and go through those seeds. I had to get my garden directory out to look some of them up! /Susan

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Yes, I'd be interested in another round too!

• klickitat
    17 years ago

I would hope this package makes a second round! There is sooooooooooo much stuff in here to do that!

Today I'm working on a graduate paper that is due today... so once it's all over with I'll scrummage through the box and make my exchanges. :)

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

wow Guess I better get a new list started here soon
    so that we can send it back around .
    how many would like just to have the seeds go around & not have the gifts just to keep the cost down ??

please just email me so I can put your name on the listv for the 2nd robin.

julie if we see that it would be after the 20th that the box would go to you how about if we just have beth send to remy then remy send back to me I will repack & add a few more that I have now & then have you start the new year with the box ???

if we see that the box can get to you before the 18th & you will have time to mail we can have beth send it to you but you let me know ok :)) .

LIL_GREEN_THUMB Is Next in line :))
    have a great evening ladies
    susie

Hears the up=date so far .

CEDARNEST -----------NOV 17TH received --sent
    THERESA24 -----------NOV 20TH received --sent
    GIVERNY4ME ----------NOV 24TH received--sent
    KLICKITAT------------NOV 30TH received
    LIL_GREEN_THUMB----- DEC 4TH
    BRITTNEYGRAM-------- DEC 8TH
    BETH_B_KODIAK -------DEC 14TH
    TASTEFULLYJULIE----- DEC 18ST
    REMY---------------- DEC 22TH
    SKOHLER------------- DEC 30TH

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Susie---seeds and no gifts sounds just fine, you could do a big envelope maybe........./Susan /giverny

• micke
    17 years ago

Yes I would like to do this again with seeds and no gifts too:))
    micke

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Ok, girls. I'm not going to hold us up any longer. I'll be digging through the box after putting up the Christmas decorations today. I'm extra tired today after working double shifts this weekend.

Later I'll post what I took and what was added. Until then...

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'd like to be in a second round, seeds no gifts is fine. Please add me if I'm not too late. Thanks.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Please add me too to the second round.. I'm flexable, whatever is decided is fine with me!

Deb

• mellen
    17 years ago

Susie, would you please add me to the second round? I haven't been in a seed robin in quite awhile. I think I'm ready for one. Thanks, Mary Ellen/Mellen

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well mellen welcome love to have you :))) the way its going it might be jan 1st when it gets back here :))
    so I will freshen her up and we will fly again .

here are the ones that want back in so far.
    so post here or send me an email if you want back in .
    just know that this will have no gifts & will be in a bigger bubble mailer so it will still cost about 3.85 to
    mail out unless it goes up at the 1st of the year :(

anyway so far we have
    giverny4me
    miche
    sguanzon
    debbya
    mellen

jules hope you had fun going throught the box
    looks like kim is next & hope you will get it by this friday . please let us know :))

well ladies anyone else from the group wanting to play
    to play again let me know I'm thinking of another
    twisted surprise for it :)))

hugs
    susie

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Ok girls. Sorry for the delay in sending the box out. I got the flu vaccine on Sunday leading to terrible body aches yesterday. :( Today I'm much better and just have pain at the injection site. Spent most of the time yesterday sleeping despite the fact that my semester is wrapping up and there's tons of homework due.

Box is going out in half an hour... confirmation number 03052710000256803420

I only took out 7 packs of seeds and added in 10. I would have inserted more, but I've held the box long enough. Also threw in two kooky gifts... one for a wine enthusiast and the other... well, let Lil Green Thumb fill you in on that secret. I took out the Christmas ornament as our tree is a little sparse considering it no longer sits in the corner and is more exposed.

Everything is being shipped in a new box. The last one was in bad shape and already something got broken (though easily repaired). Bigger box plus polar bear p00p. I placed all the seeds in one bag and the gifts in a bigger bag to keep them all together.

Well, enjoy the trades!

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

I'm in for another round. Just seeds sounds good.
    Theresa

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ok since the box is off just a day or 2 then I need to know if maybe we can change the route just a bit .
    Julie is going to be gone the 20th -29th & well so we don't run the chance of having it sitting around we
    can move her up to receive from lil_green_thumb :)))
    I do hope that is ok for brittneygran or if your going to be gone we can figure out something else , please let me know .

LIL_GREEN_THUMB----- DEC 8th
    TASTEFULLYJULIE----- DEC
    BRITTNEYGRAM-------- DEC
    BETH_B_KODIAK -------DEC
    REMY---------------- DEC
    SKOHLER------------- Jan

this has been a very speedy robin thank you all .

susie

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Susie, please sign me up for Round 2!!!
    No little gifts in it though? bummer. :((
    Oh well, I'm sure you will come up wiht something even more fun!
    Susann ~ DizzyDaffodil

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Well, I'd vote for no gifts for round two. I've always got too much "stuff" and am much more interested in just the seeds. Everybody is different but I hate to be paying for postage on a lot of "Stuff".
    Not to be a grouch about it but I'd rather see more emphasis on the seeds than all the little goodies. Just my opinion and thank goodness we are all different.
    I'm getting anxious and hope the Christmas rush doesn't slow this birdie down too much. I want to do some wintersowing and hope to find some exciting goodies to add to my seed stash. Looks like it will need to make it to two houses each week in order to get back to Sue before '07....... possible but not a sure bet.
    Come on little birdie. Fly! Fly! Fly hard and fast.

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Someone wants some of my tomato seeds. They have all tropical stuff that I can't use. Is anyone interested in any of the following seeds from their list? I'll trade for whatever and put them in the box.

Camptotheca acuminata " Cancer Tree"
    Carica Papaya Sunrise/Hawaiian Solo
    Abutilon grandifolium "Flowering Maple"
    Coffee arabica " Coffee"
    Beaucarnia Guatemalensis
    Acer Palmatum
    Alstonea Scholaris "Pagoda tree"
    Schefflera arboricola "Hawaiian schefflera"
    Zelkova serrata "Japanese Elm"

Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Susie-Yes I will be gone starting the 15th so I will just join in the 2nd round. I agree with Beth no gifts just seeds is fine with me.

Shirley

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Please add me to the 2nd round. Gifts or not, doesn't matter to me!

Hugs,
    Tina

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kim !!!!!! I hope you found some goodies :)) for your winter sowing .

well ladies I'm working on round 2 getting our list
    together.
    Be sure to let remy know if you want any of the seeds
    she is offering .
    I have a Dear friend who loves tropical plants & would like to put

Camptotheca acuminata " Cancer Tree"
    Coffee arabica " Coffee"
    in her xmas box .
    she can grow any type of plant out there :)) & To show
    my thanks & appreciation to her I like to share my
    plants & seeds with her as she dose with me .

Sun comming out looks like a great day its only 22 right now . Hope the weekend is good to you all .
    hugs
    susie

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

kim emailed me to say she was sending th box out monday
    to julie , so keep watch, shirley let me know when you get back so I can tell you who has the box & they can send to you before sending it home :))

keep watch julie

sorry ladies short note tonight I'm out of here
    tomorrows another day I HOPE
    susie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Please add me to round two, no gifts is fine with me, I also have too much stuff, just put a bunch in the unwanted item swap box. count me in hugs {{gwi:1239372}}

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

WOO HOO!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Susie, please put me down for round two but somewhere near the end as I'll be traveling in Jan and Feb. I'm going out to see the South West, Grand Canyon, petrified forest, ancient cliff dewllings etc. This is something I've been wanting to do for many years so I want to take time to really SEE things.

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth Have you on the list please stop by & hide me in your suit case i"ll start working on my diet right now :)))
    I THINK i HAVE JUST THE THING TO PUT INTO THIS ROBIN TO MAKE IT A FUN ONE :))
    WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS i WORK OUT THE KINKS :))
    IT WILL BE FUN.
    GOOD NIGHT LADIES

SUSIE
    IF I HAVE MISSED ANYONE PLEASE BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW.

GIVERNY4ME
    MICKE
    SGUANZON
    DEBBYA
    MELLEN
    THERESA24
    DIZZYDAFFODIL
    BETH_B_KODIAK
    BRITTNEYGRAM
    HUMMINGBIRDDAISY
    VEEJA11

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Whoops. Looks like I'm late again posting. I'd be happy to join in on round 2 of this swap. I may even have more time to devote to it. *grin*

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK KLICK YOUR ADDED

HAVE A GREAT DAY TO ALL
    SUSIE

GIVERNY4ME
    MICKE
    SGUANZON
    DEBBYA
    MELLEN
    THERESA24
    DIZZYDAFFODIL
    BETH_B_KODIAK
    BRITTNEYGRAM
    HUMMINGBIRDDAISY
    VEEJA11
    KLICKITAT

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

WOOHOOO!! Cable is finally fixed!! I couldnt get on any websites at all! Opening or sending email booted me. Cable company got out here late yesterday afternoon and replaced the cable coming to the house. I am back up and running. Julie the box went out Monday. I took 4 packs of seeds and put in 5 or 7 dont remember now. I didnt even check the gifts!
    Julie your DC # is 0305 2710 0002 5680 3437

• llbean
    17 years ago

Susie~
    Can I be added to the end or to late?
    Laura

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Susie,I would like to be in on round 2 also if its not too late : )
    Nancy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well round 2 is filling up :)) we now have
    14 player still not heard where the box is yet
    conf# still has no update but hopefully today .

JULES PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE SENDING THE BOX OK .
    you have mail .

susie

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 2710 0002 5680 3437

Your item was accepted at 4:52 PM on December 11, 2006 in CHESNEE, SC 29323. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

NEW 2007 SEEDSWAP

GIVERNY4ME
    MICKE
    SGUANZON
    DEBBYA
    MELLEN
    THERESA24
    DIZZYDAFFODIL
    BETH_B_KODIAK
    BRITTNEYGRAM
    HUMMINGBIRDDAISY
    VEEJA11
    KLICKITAT
    llbean
    cedarnest

LIL_GREEN_THUMB----- DEC 8th
    TASTEFULLYJULIE----- DEC
    BRITTNEYGRAM-------- DEC
    BETH_B_KODIAK -------DEC
    REMY---------------- DEC
    SKOHLER------------- Jan

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT AFTER i HEAR BACK FROM JULES i WILL START A NEW UP-DATE THREAD FOR THIS .

ANYONE KNOW THE NEW POST LIMIT ??? 150-200 ???

SUSIE

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Susie,
    I'm confused. Did you mean Julie? Jules/Klickitat already mailed to Julie.
    In fact it just got there : )

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 2710 0002 5680 3437

Your item arrived at 6:52 AM on December 15, 2006 in LEWISTON, NY 14092. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Remy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sorry ladies yes it was going to julie /for brittneygram was going to be gone this week & julie was going to be gone the 20th-29th so I had to switch them.

So the line up is now .that is if shirley gets back before beth gets ready to mail it out just have to wait see about the mail :)) .
    thanks remy for pointing it out to me :)))
    susie

TASTEFULLYJULIE----- DEC
    BETH_B_KODIAK -------DEC
    BRITTNEYGRAM-------- DEC
    REMY---------------- DEC
    SKOHLER------------- Jan

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Wow, what a box! I can see why you've decided to leave out the gifts next time, that baby was heavy. The gifts were so fun though. I helped myself to Klick's wine gift - love it- and the kids went crazy for the Christmas tree stickers. I added a couple of books to the gift bag.

I only took 2 packs of seeds (banana peppers -yum- and lilliput zinnias) I added a bunch more and there's also an envelope in there for Susie.

I will get the box out on Monday and will post back when I do.

Julie

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies :
    well I'm Not sure whats going on I know shirley was going away the 15th but don't know when she will be back .
    also beth mentioned she was going to be going on a trip
    But not sure when I thought this month sent email no note back anyone know ??

If she she then I"m going to have Jules send to REMY & then have the box sent back to me then as soon as Beth & shirley return from their trips I will start the New round with them . I hope everyone will be ok with that .
    Beth if you are still here & want to receive the box please let me know ok ?
    well long day Have a great weekend everyone :))
    susie

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok beth is going to be home Next week so Julie can send the box to beth . then it will go to remy :)) hope everyone can put up with the changes ,
    sorry just trying to keep the box going & not have it sit in a post office some where or out side on a porch or get lost.

have a great week everyone .
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Just wanted to let you know, the seeds just got here.
    Remy

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I got the pkg. ready to go to Beth DC #0305 1720 0002 5542 3155. I'll be going to the post office this afternoon.
    I took out 16 pkts. and added 120 pkts. So all you ladies will have a good start to the second go round.
    I ran out of paper pkts., so thank you to whomever put some in there because I used them : ) I took the garden book, thank you to whomever put that in there.
    The life preserver wall hanging came to me broke, but it can be reglued so I left it in the box. I added a few goodies including Kleenex, lol. It is a good box cushion/filler! I still have hardly made a dent in the case Gary won.
    Remy

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Beth,
    It is on its way to you. I wonder if it will take much longer because of this week?
    Remy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Well, Remy, it "MIGHT" get here on Sat. We are only two or three states apart. If not it will be something to look foreward to after Christmas.
    120 packs added!!! Holy mackeral approx how many packs are in there?? I'll feel like I woke up in a GW Parks seed store when I open that box. Maybe a better question is "How big is the box?" Every once in a while theguys at the PO say You better just drive around back and we'll load it for you. Then I wonder how I'm going to get it in the house. LOL
    It will be quite exciting to see what is in there.

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Lol Beth. There is full gallon ziplock bag in there, looks like an overstuffed accent pillow.
    I went a little nuts, but it is all great varieties. I put some from my garden in, and I knew the box was coming so I held onto a lot of extra seed I had received in trade recently. I got many great things I just cant use, or the trade was more than I could use, so there aren't many duplicates of varieties. And about 40 of the pkts. are veggie varieties, because some people had them on their wish lists.
    Remy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WOW IF There May be to many seed packs to put in a
    Bubbler to go back around the 2nd time . think maybe we should Have 2 bubblers ????

Beth you will send to Brittneygram If she is back
    you might have to keep till after christmas :))

Not sure How long shirley was going to be gone.
    but check with me before you mail ok :))
    you should get the box this sat if all goes well :)
    well have a great day ladies

susie

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

The box was at the PO yesterday ( I never got there on Friday so it may have even been there then). I went through it last night and took out 18 packs. Many of then veggies from Remy. Wow Remy you put in a lot of nice stuff.
    Since most of the others were not identified I'm not sure who else to thank but it was a fun bunch of seeds to go through. Some I never saw or heard of before.
    Thanks to Sue for hostessing.
    I'll be keeping the lighthouse ornament to fix and replacing that with something else before sending the box back out.
    Susie, just let me know where to send it.
    Thanks again,
    Beth

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth have not heard from brittneygram as of yet so lets give her till tuesday evening if nothing them send back to me I will start with her for the 2sn round .

so enjoy till tuesday :))
    MERRY XMAS MY FRIENDS

susie
    OH I DID START A NEW THREAD FOR ANYONE WANTING TO JOIN IN the 2007

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Susie-Starting with me for the second round will be great.

Thanks

Shirley