Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snboyken

Houseplant Swap - Round 5

snboyken
17 years ago

Sign ups starting for Round 5 - To expedite the assigning, please include you gw name, mlg name, addy and list of haves/wants on one email. Also please let me know if you are in a swap with someone else so I can match you up with someone new.

Please note that if you list rare or expensive plants you most likely will not receive them. Please do not expect to.

I will try to match everyone up with at least one plant on their list. However sometimes this is not possible, so please be open to new ideas as well.

Rules are listed below.

1. Do not sign up if you only want free plants.

2. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4 (this will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.

3. Sign ups will runs until 10/13/and I will assign buddies shortly thereafter.

4. Mailing date will be 10/30 - can mail sooner if you want to. Just make sure ok with your buddy.

5. Post to forum when you pkg is mailed and when you receive.

If you have any questions that are not answered above, please email me. Thanks and hope to host another wonderful trade. Round 1 we had 6 buddies, round 2 we had 14, round 3-11, round 4 - 14

Please know that I guarantee a box to everyone who signs up, if some doesn't follow through with their box, I do send replacements. I have done so for Rounds 1-3, didn't have to for round 4.

Comments (73)

• veeja11
    17 years ago

no e-mail for me either, I need a partner

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

I didn't get an email either did you get the last one I sent you with my plant info and address?
    gardeningjunkie

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Uh Oh, Ok This is strange.. Hopefully Sharon will check in here so she can resend partner info to you all.Maybe something happened to her computer or something before she got them all sent.I sent her an email so I am waiting to hear back.I'm sure its just a glitch.I received my email around noon yesterday.I think Jeanette received her partner email too.I wonder how many others have received theres and who didn't?

Jeanette...Nearby Neighbor LOL I am in Nebraska,I live about 70 miles NW of Omaha in a tiny town (pop 600) called Hooper.: )

Hugs All! Nancy

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, I will resend them, I sent them from work yesterday with the replies to go to my yahoo account. Maybe that messed them all up.

I will resend again. Sorry all.

• lynnsherbs
    17 years ago

Checking in - I haven't gotten my email either.

Lynn

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

I received the email yesterday also!!
    woohoo!!

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

snboyken I resent email with my information that you asked for.
    gardeningjunkie

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have resent all that I had completed info on, except for the one I had I missed. There were two that I emailed for emore info.

Sorry I messed this up.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

I don't think it was you. I think Mr. Cyberspace just needed to be fed!!!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I sent my box off to my pal Tina today. conf #0306 1070 0003 7806 5349. Tina, I forgot to put the note in. When you open the box (and hopefully it stayed upright all the way!) be careful opening the blue boxes they have plants in them. Decided to leave the succulents in little pots cause it seems they don't like to be disturbed that much. Hope everything arrives ok. Should be there Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

snboyken I still haven't got an email assigning me a buddy.
    gardeningjunkie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Stalking mailman today, LoL

Thanks Sue!!!!!
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

WOW! I received my box from Sue G today.
    Thank you sooooooooooo much for a wonderful box :-)
    I received 5 plants, and I love them all.
    3 of them are succulents
    a variegated umbrella
    and a noid with thick shiney leaves.
    All are rooted.
    One of the succulents arrived in pieces, BUT!!! I did some research, and if I let these pieces lay out and dry for a few days, I can stick them back in the pot and they will take root and start a new plant. So, all is well there. Just means more plants, smiles!

Also in this box was a bunch of gifts!
    Two boxes of mini pumpkin lights
    I beautiful black shawl/scarf
    A watering can keychain
    and I saved the best for last...
    A Rooster, which is now my favorite piece out of my entire collection. I LOVE this guy. He is ceramic, but made to look like it was carved out of wood. Thi is staying in my livingroom. It is gorgeous!

Again Sue, thank you for a wonderful, wonderful box.
    When I know Sue is my partner, I feel like a child waiting on Santa Clause! There is ALWAYS so much thought, time and effort put into each and every box she sends out.
    You are very generous Sue. I hope that you receive as equally a generous box with plants and gifts that you will cherish. You deserve it.
    I love you sweet girl.
    (((hugs)))
    Tina

Sharon - Your box is going out in the morning. Will post DC# then.
    Thanks for hosting such a wonderful RR.

Tina

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

I still haven't received a partner from you yet snboyken.
    gardeningjunkie

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Melissa,
    Your package went out tues. confirmation code
    0103 8555 7496 9897 2044
    Please post when you recieve.

Thanks,
    Debbie

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received package yesterday from lynnsherbs - received three gorgeous oxalis and vics plant. Also and easter egg seed to plant. Pretty cool. I love oxalis.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

DEBBIEDO7 - your box will go out in a few minutes.
    Delivery Confirmation # 0306 1070 0001 9493 7592

Enjoy your box!
    ~Kimberly

• micke
    17 years ago

gardeningjunkie, your box went out today
    conf # 0306 1070 0004 2901 7112
    let me know when you get it, hope you like what I sent!
    (and hopefully you won't have them already!!)
    michelle

• auntlissa
    17 years ago

Debbie - I received the package on Thursday. Thanks so much!! I received Silver Pink Hoya, Mother of Thousands, Variegated Pothos, Green Spider, Burrows Tail and others. The package arrived in excellent condition and is full of plants. It's also interesting to see the differences in plant names from region to region.

Thanks again, Debbie!

Kathi - your package will be shipping on Monday.

Sharon - as always, thanks for hosting such great swaps!

Melissa

• gardeningjunkie
    17 years ago

snboyken your package is going out today.
    gardeningjunkie

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Carol--heads up--I mailed your box out saturday--left the conf# at home -but have it if we need it--
    Jeanette

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Carol--Conf # 0306 1070 0002 2249 8996--I checked and it says that it is enroute and left their facility 10-30-06
    Hope it gets there soon!!
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!
    Jeanette

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

I got a 2nd box today from sguanzon. She sent 2 variegated jades!!!! and two bags of tulips, purple and pink!

She spoils us all doesn't she!
    Thank you so much Sue. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary hun.

Hugs,
    Tina

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Jeanette today, a bunch of unamed succulents, my favorite was a lithop, 2 cactus an orange kalanchoe, windsock, candies photo calendar, haloween dish towel 2 peices of pumpkin bread 2 pieces of fudge. thankyou Jeanette, I love it all. thankyou. Sue your box went out today, I used angels baggies, with new plant names. hugs carol

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Thanks Tina! I hope you're having a happy halloween and your v. jades arrived ok!

Right now my husband is outside lurking behind the gate to our backyard and he's playing this spooky cd to try to lure the kids in. He has the hockey mask on (like Jason in Halloween) and he's all dressed in black -- he just loves this. And he has to be the one to pass out the candy. He prides himself on having the best candy in the neighborhood. I have to remind him to take off his mask for the little tiny ones cause he's pretty scary. Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!
    P.S. Yes, it is my anniversary - what better day? "Hey Honey, kids are dressed up in costumes, ringing your doorbell, asking for candy .........What day is it? ........

It's Your Anniversary, silly!

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HI all, sorry for the long abscense, Looks like we have several boxes in flight.

SOrry gals, I haven't gotten mine out yet.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Debbie's box landed Monday-I hope it got there alright. Hoping she's just been to busy to post!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

#1/Jeanette,Have you received the box I sent?The po said it was delivered on the 20th.Please let me know if you received it??Hope you were happy with everything I sent and just forgot to post : )Hugs,Nancy

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Nancy--yes I did get the box--and I would have sworn I posted--but I sure don't see it!?! I still have the list at home --can't rely on my memory--but I know it all arrived in good shape and was planted the same evening I opened it-
    Thank you and I apologize for not posting--it was a great box!!
    Jeanette

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

No problem Jeanette.I was just worried maybe they delivered it to the wrong person and just wanted to make sure it got to you.I am such a worry wart!! LOL Glad you liked it : ) Nancy

• micke
    17 years ago

gardeningjunkie,
    did your package arrive okay? let me know!
    micke

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Nancy - I received my box today! Thank you for the AV plantlets (5 of them) :-) They wore their winter coats very well ;-)

I was going to ship today, but next week looks to be much warmer, so I am thinking about mailing Monday instead.

I will post dc#'s when they are on their way to their new homes!

Thanks for a great rr Sharon. Your'll have to do this again next year!!! You have been excellent with doing this all year this year.

Tina

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Kimberly,
    I'm sorry I'm late in posting.... ya mean you didn't hear my squeals of delight when I opened my box???? All my new babies are tucked into their new pots.
    Oh my to remember all that you sent
    Take in mind Ladies that these were all rooted plants not just cuttings.
    2 different Lipstick plants (I really wanted)
    1 Purple Passion (really wanted)
    August Beauty Gardinia Bush!! (really wanted)
    and ?? "Emerald Gem" I couldn't read the proper name (could you please send me the name so I can put it on the stick.
    Also a new pair of garden gloves & the cutest little bunny plant stake
    Thank You so much. You exceeded my expectations
    Debbie

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Oh I forgot to say I also got a
    Nephthytis "Emerald Illusion"
    I never knew the proper name - I always just called them arrowhead philodendron
    Hmm did I forget anything else ....
    I again want to THANK YOU for such a wonderful box
    Debbie

• auntlissa
    17 years ago

Kathi, did you receive your package? The confirmation shows that it was delivered on 11/1. I too wanted to make sure that the right person received the package. Hope all arrived in great condition and that you're able to enjoy them.

Melissa

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

DEBBIEDO7- glad your box arrived safely! Glad I sent some things you were wanting! I tried to find a gardenia and gave up and sent you one of mine! I brought my smaller one inside and its looking terrible =-(
    i think you named it all - seems like 6 or 7 plants. was there only one of the nephtytis? thought i put in 2. maybe it was just one. Heck i cant remember!
    and it is Homalomena "Emerald Gem" - Link to it below. I been looking for the Purple Sword or the Silver Sword but havent found them yet!
    is the Nephtytis a philo? heck i just liked it - dunno what it is- they were nicely labeled for me!
    Enjoy the plants!
    ~Kimberly

Here is a link that might be useful: homalomenas

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Squanzon do you have your pkg?

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Carol, yes, I happen to be out of town on business didn't know who was supposed to send to me but I thought sure I told Sharon I would be gone and alert my pal, but anyway, my daughter was there to receive and plant for me. I'll post when I return this evening.

Everything arrived just fine though! Thanks so much!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Carol!

I received the most wonderful box! - 8 Giant Tulips! a Pumpkin Bag, Fruit Candy and Plant food spikes and the plants!

African Violet
    Chicken Gizzard
    Cissius Guadrangula
    Pink Kalanchoe
    Variegated philo
    Cacti
    Succulents

and the best of all

My Bloomin Friends Visor/Hat!!!!!

Yippee! Yahoo! Whoaaaaa! Doggies!

Thanks Carol !

• lynnsherbs
    17 years ago

Hi Sharon! I got my package Thursday night. Things have been so crazy at work, I'd forgotten about it! Thank you for the Aloe, Kalanchoe, Spider Plant and Asparagus Fern! Was that a mother of thousands also? And the pregnant onion is a hoot!! I'd never seen one before! Thank you!

Lynn

• kboyette
    17 years ago

I recieved my package last wednesday. I got lots of neat plants I've never had before and some candles. Thanks Melissa for the great box. I can't wait to play again.
    Kathi

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Sharon and Nancy - Your plants are on their way. Hope you enjoy!

Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Sharon - 0306 0320 0000 8715 6104

Nancy - 0306 0320 0000 8715 6098

Hugs ~
    Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina,I received the plants today.You outdid yourself girl!Jackpot!!! I love them all!!I received
    Million Hearts Plant
    Green Leaf Hoya Carnosa
    Bolivian Jew
    Lipstick Plant
    Green Hindu Rope Hoya
    All are resting comfortably : )

Thanks so much Tina!
    Hugs,Nancy

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Anyone other than me not recieved a box yet?
    ~Kimberly

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

All pkgs have been mailed according to my list. Three were mailed this week. If they do not arrive in fair condition, I will replace them with bulbs or a spring box.

Hope all enjoyed these swaps and with the receipt and condition of the last three this will be closed out until next spring. Will probaly start up again around end of February.

Hope all have a wonderful holiday season. And success with overwintering all your new plants.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

weeeeeeeeee! got mine today! Some great healthy plants! 4 different wandering jew (bridal, fuzzy, purple, green), split leaf philo, ric rac cactus, jade, hawaiian spider baby! Hope I didnt leave one out!
    Thank you Sharon!
    ~Kimberly

• micke
    17 years ago

I got mine today as well, they looked real good (if the mail man hadn't left them outside in 30 degree weather for about 2 hours they would of looked fantastic) my regular mail lady gives them to my next door neighbor when I am not here. oh well, they made it safe and all are snuggled in some new pots. thank you Sharon, you did a excellent job packaging them.
    get ahold of me next spring, our philos look somewhat different, I will send you a start of mine when it is warm enough to ship again :)
    michelle

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Nancy - I am so glad youliked your plants! :-)
    I hope they do well for you and grow, grow, grow!!!!

Sharon - Did you receive your plants from me? Did they arrive in good condition?

Happy Holidays ladies!
    Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Received my plants from Snboyken.Thanks Sharon.They arrived in great shape and I love them all.I am especially excited about the Hawaiian Spider and the Jade : ) The window pane is really neat looking too and the green/purple-green wandering jews and tahitian bridal veil will fill in a basket I am working on nicely.Thanks so much for another wonderful swap.Can't wait for spring so we can all do this again : )
    Happy Holidays To All!!
    Nancy