Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Christmas Stocking Swap 2010

Posted by dirt_under_my_nails 7 North Ga Mountain (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 10:57

Hope you join Christmas Stocking Swap 2010!! We had a blast last year!!

~~~~~~Info~~~~~~

Each player sends me
~ A stocking - at least 12" long I want to be able to
stuff them, you can make them or buy them
(make it one you would be happy to recieve!)

~ seeds to swap ~ you will get back the same amount
(or more) that you send, no more than
2 packs of each on mixed seeds(unknown
variety, ie zinnias mix) and 3 on
named cultivars(zinnias:canary yellow)
It's helpful if you GW name & year is on the seed packet

~small gifts ~to be sorted among the players stockings,
try to stay away from the very fragile it takes up alot of room in someones stocking to use bubble wrap.Hand made/store bought ornaments, pens, note pads, candles,small calenders,seed baggies,plant markers,trial size beauty products,candy,stuff YOU would like to get!!
~Just TRY to keep everything a size that will fit in a stocking.

Please DO NOT send any plants!! Bulbs for indoor winter blooming would be GREAT ie.. paper whites or amaryllis.

~Please,PLEASE, please put your full name, address and GW name in your box!!

~Stocking will be sent back in the priorty box that measures 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8". Please include 10.70 or prepaid label to have stocking mailed back to you.

Sign ups start NOW through Nov 7th.Boxes should @ my house NO later than Dec 3rd. I should have them sorted & mailed out to ya'll the week of Dec 6th!!

later...April/dirt_under_my-nails

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Christmas Stocking Swap 2010

I am interested in your swap. Please sign me up. I've already gathered up my stocking stuffers. So you can tell I'm really excited.

o

Good Afternoon All!!!

Welcome to the swap tkhooper!!!Glad to have 1 sign up already.Last year I think we had 19 or more by the time signups ended.

Everyone stay safe & watch out for the trick o treaters tonight!

later....April

Jolly Swappers:
tkhooper
dirt_under_my_nails

o

This sounds like alot of fun.
count me in.
Faye!

o

Morning!!!

Welcome to the swap Faye!!

Any plans for the day? I'm off to Hobby Lobby & Michael's both have ribbon on sale.YAY!!I have a big craft sale coming up & need to get BUSY. Plus both places have some REALLY great stocking stuffers.

later....April

Jolly Swappers:
nottoulgy/Faye
tkhooper
dirt_under_my_nails/April

o

Hmm....wondering where all Santa's helpers are this year?
We need at least 7 more elfs!!! Who's lurking?

later...April

Jolly Swappers:
nottoulgy/Faye
tkhooper

o

What a dreary day today!! Cold & drippy. Makes me want a roaring fire,cocoa,& a good book.

Just a few more days to sign up. Might have to cancel it. First time in 4 years that a stocking swap won't happen. Only my 2nd year hosting it. micyrey/michelle was the orginal mastermind behind this swap. I think maybe the price of the return postage might be a hang up for alot.It is a bit pricey,but the small box won't work. Plus since the boxes are flat rate we can REALLY load them up!!!

Hoping for more elves.....
April

Jolly Swappers:
nottoulgy/Faye
tkhooper

o

I have to withdraw. There have been unexpected expenses. Aren't there always? I hope you do it next year and I can join then.

o

"I'll have a Blue,Blue,Blue Blue Christmas Without you"...seems to be the song stuck in my head here at 1:30ish in the am. Was hoping for more sign ups..there is STILL time for YOU to join!!!

tkhooper~ no worries. Things ALWAYS come up at the worst time.

later...April

Jolly(but lonely) Swappers:
nottoulgy/Faye

o

Good Frosty Morning!!!

Hoping to get a few more swappers sooo...I'm going to extend the sign up date till Nov 13th.Stockings & stuffers should be here NO later than Dec 10th.Then they will be back out to everyone the week of Dec 13th.That gives everyone OVER 3 weeks to find a stocking & stuffers!!

Hope this helps some lurkers join in!!!

nottoulgy/Faye

later...April

o

would we get our own stockings back? my family never does a very good job with my stocking so i am tempted to send mine in and get it filled myself! LOL i would love to join in :)

i think with the flat rate boxes, they can come in under the 10.70 if they don't reach a certain weight. i've had the small boxes weigh in lower so they charged me less. would be a pita to keep track of change though.

please send me an email with details!

thanks for hosting such a cool swap :)

o

Welcome to the swap Rose.The more the merry is the motto for this swap!!

rosemctier
nottoulgy/Faye

later...April

o

Hi,

Would love to join.

o

Rose, the rates on the flat rate boxes don't change. You can ship up to 70 pounds of stuff for one flat price. And, like the commercial says, if it fits, it ships. Packing a lighter flat rate box won't make the price any cheaper. If the cost of shipping is a concern for you, use a different type of priority box, or tell the window clerk you want your package shipped priority when you take it to the post office.
And, everyone please remember... If you are sending anything over 12 ounces and it has stamps for postage (meaning it's not metered or online postage) you MUST take it to your local post office for mailing. We carriers are NOT allowed to pick up anything over 12 ounces that uses stamps because of heightened security measures. So, leaving your box on top of, or next to, your mailbox wouldn't get it picked up. In fact, your mailperson may just avoid your mailbox completely until the package is removed. You wouldn't believe how scary those unknown packages can be.

-Dan

o

Good Morning!!! Hope everyone enjoyed their extra hour of sleep.

Welcome to the swap carrlinesue!!

Rose~ sent ya an email.

Dan~ Thanks for the shipping info!! I found out the hard way about the stamps. I put some on a (heavy)small flat rate box & the mail carrier took it,but brought it back the next day with a note.I just print out my own label now!!

later....April
Jolly Swappers:
carrlinesue
rosemctier
nottoulgy/Faye

o

Hope everyone has a great day! Just staying home making hairbows for the craft sale on Saturday. Had to pick up my oldest from school,looks like stomach virus is going around. ICK!!

Still would like more elves!!!!

later..April

Jolly Swappers:
carrlinesue
rosemctier
nottoulgy/Faye

o

Sounds like fun! Count me in if it's still going to happen. I'll look for a stocking tomorrow. Thanks for hosting this!
Regards,
Dave

o

Welcome Dave!! That brings it up to 5...
Who else is out there??? Still have 3 more days to sign up!!!

later...April

Jolly Swappers:
daveedgeguitar
carrlinesue
rosemctier
nottoulgy/Faye

o

should we wrap our stocking stuffers? and i guess label them and send a key?

o

Rose~nope no need to wrap them.I'll keep track of who sends what. I promise NOT to send your own stuffer back to you. I'm didn't mess up last year & there was a good bit more people.

I've noticed alot of the swaps from last year WAY down on the signups this year.

later...April

Jolly Swappers:
daveedgeguitar
carrlinesue
rosemctier
nottoulgy/Faye

o

Hi there

I would like to join in your Christmas Stocking Swap, sounds like lots of fun. Thanks.

Sue

o

Sue~ Welcome to the swap!!

That brings up to 6!!! We are slowly growing!!!Wonder who's brave enough to join us up on the sleigh by Sunday morning??

later...April

Jolly Swappers:
suegardens2/sue
daveedgeguitar/dave
carrlinesue
rosemctier/rose
nottoulgy/Faye
dirt_under_my_nails/april

o

Thanks April! I can't wait to go shopping for those stocking stuffers. There are lots of bargains out there now in my neck of the woods (NE Ohio). The "Black Friday" sales are underway early this year too.

There are probably a few folks sitting on the fence about this one. In these challenging economic times it can be difficult to garner participation, but I am keeping the faith.

I am participating because I find that it is so rewarding to share in the spirit of Christmas. I joined in on a couple of swaps this past summer and they were great! It was like Christmas in July! We are fortunate to have so many generous gardening friends. I hope that we get some more sign ups before the deadline. This is going to be so much fun!!!

Gotta run, it will be daylight out there before you know it. Let the shopping begin!

Sue

o

can i join?

Kamil

o

Welcome Kamil!!I think you are only one from last year to sign up this year!!!

Jolly Swappers for 2010:
kamiljablo/kamil
suegardens2/sue
daveedgeguitar/dave
carrlinesue
rosemctier/rose
nottoulgy/Faye

later...April

o

If it isn't too late I would love to join in. I have been a member of Gardenweb for years and used too participate in many of the Round Robin Swaps but have been away for a while.

Patricia

o

I think we can squeeze you in Patricia...tis the season you know!!!
Will be gone till this afternoon. Will email everyone their bingo card when I return.

Jolly Swappers for 2010:
patricricia531/patricia
kamiljablo/kamil
suegardens2/sue
daveedgeguitar/dave
carrlinesue
rosemctier/rose
nottoulgy/Faye

later...April

o
Bingo Round 1

Everyone should have a link to their bingo card.Print it out or copy it down!!
First letter & number up::

T 48

So....who's finished shopping for their stuffers yet? Anyone making the stocking they plan on sending? I found a really neat handmade one made by a senior care home.Not really sure if I'm going to part with it yet. It has snowmen on it & I have a thing for snowmen!!

later....April

o

i am still shopping for stuffers :)i wish i had time to make a stocking, but i'm swamped with grading, grading, and more grading, but i did find a simple but cute stocking at big lots.

looking forward to the bingo game! amazing how much gardenweb can brighten my day LOL

o

Rose~I love Big Lots!!I got alot of our Christmas ornaments mine & Hubby's 1st year.Now I buy new one's on clearence after the holidays!!

New Bingo #
N 37

Bingo Called
T 48
N 37

We're off for dinner @ the school. Fundraiser for my 5th grader's field trip. I think it's spagetti...

later...April

o

big lots is really the only interesting store in waynesburg, so i go there all the time. i love their food section-- such a variety of things. i have learned to buy the things i like quickly before they disappear LOL

are diagonals allowed in bingo? it's been so long i can't remember the standard rules.

o

Morning All!!!

Rose~yes diagonals are allowed in bingo.

Anyone have ANY letters yet?
I will start us off with 2 this am!!!
T 58
T 53

Bingo Called
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37

later...April

o

I don't have the time to hand make a stocking either but I found one yesterday and am almost done shopping for my little gift items. Have been packaging lots of seeds up.

Only one bingo number so far.

Patricia

o

I am almost done shopping for stocking stuffers and I am now working on finding a stocking. I wish I had the time and talent to make a stocking. Maybe someday I will take up sewing. I always wanted to but never found the time. I do crochet a little during the winter. I am making an afghan for my grandson that is due any day now. Talk to you guys later.

o

Afternoon Bingo.....
A 73
N 34

Bingo Called
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37

later...April

o

woo-hoo! i have two :D

i was packing up so many seeds for various exchanges i ran out of baggies and had to order more. they came today, so i will be packing more this evening. MUCH better than grading essays :)

o

Rose~are they cheaper to order online rather than buying them @ craft stores like Hobby Lobby?

Any big plans for Turkey Day? We will be out of town the 20th-27th. We've got a bingo winner by Friday night!!!

Evening Bingo:
S 15
A 70

Bingo Called
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37
S 15
A 70

later...April

o

Sorry that should say we've got to get a winner by Friday. I don't have laptop, & no computer @ the condo we're renting.

Does either of the gentlemen have any bingo numbers yet? How is the male gender coming along with the stuffer shopping?

later...April

o

April, i got 800 1.5 x 1.5" ziplock bags for under $6. they are small, but great for most seeds except big squashy seeds. i got them on ebay. there were a ton of stores on ebay that had them. here's a link to the guy's store:
http://shop.ebay.com/victorvillelover/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

o

Last Bingo for tonight....
A 21
N 45

later....April

Bingo Called
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37
S 15
A 70
A 21
N 45

o

Afternoon...

Bingo #s
A 29
N 44
A 67

later....April

Bingo Called
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37
S 15
A 70
A 21
N 45
A 29
N 44
A 67

o

Where are we with the bingo? We need a winner before Sat!!!

Tonight's #
T 50
A 20

later...April

o

i have 4 but none of them are near each other LOL

o

Good Morning!!

I will send out my address later today for you to send the stockings to. A few might be ready to ship before I get back on the 27th.PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, add delivery confirmation before you mail!!!That way if a stocking comes up MIA we will know where to look. Mail will be held @ post office while I'm away.

Who all is playing the bingo game?
Morning Bingo
A 25
T 47
T 57

Called so far:
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37
S 15
A 70
A 21
N 45
A 29
N 44
A 67
T 50
A 20
A 25
T 47
T 57

later...April

o

I am playing and I just like 1 more number.
Faye!

o

Your afternoon digits...
N 43
S 14
S 9

later....April

o

I just sent out my address. PLEASE let me know if you didn't get it!!!

later....April

o

A few more for ya'll!!
S 6
A 27
A 24
S 12
Someone has to get it soon!! Will post afew more before I turn in. I'm off to pack...
later...April

Called so far....
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37
S 15
A 70
A 21
N 45
A 29
N 44
A 67
T 50
A 20
A 25
T 47
T 57
N 43
S 14
S 9
S 6
A 27
A 24
S 12

o

Last ones for tonight....
N 40
A 23
T 49

Goodnight!!!

Called so far....
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37
S 15
A 70
A 21
N 45
A 29
N 44
A 67
T 50
A 20
A 25
T 47
T 57
N 43
S 14
S 9
S 6
A 27
A 24
S 12
N 40
A 23
T 49

o

i'm still 2 away. faye is still ahead :) is anyone else playing?

o

Really keeping my figers crossed that these will help!!!Last post until AFTER Thanksgiving.I don't think I can post here from my phone like I can on facebook....
S 7
A 75
A 68
A 62
T 60
S 10
A 18
A 71

Called so far....
A 73
N 34
T 58
T 53
T 48
N 37
S 15
A 70
A 21
N 45
A 29
N 44
A 67
T 50
A 20
A 25
T 47
T 57
N 43
S 14
S 9
S 6
A 27
A 24
S 12
N 40
A 23
T 49

S 7
A 75
A 68
A 62
T 60
S 10
A 18
A 71

later...April

o

BINGO!!!

o

BINGO here too !!!

o

I got BINGO!

o

I'm BAAACCCKKKK!!!It's good to be home again.

Congrats to ALL 3 Bingo winners. Please post your winning numbers!

later...April

o

Hi,
My bingo numbers are:
S 10
A 29
N 44
T 53
A 70

Faye!

o

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! i'll be mailing my box out tomorrow!

o

Hey Gang!!

Anyone brave the Black Friday madness? Not me,I'm chicken!!

Rose~Thanks for the heads up. Will let you know when it arrives!!!

Who else is ready to mail??

later....April

o
RE: re: NEW: Christmas Stocking Swap 2010

no, i stayed home and did some online shopping. i did venture out yesterday and people were still a little crazed, especially driving! thank goodness i'm almost done!

o

My box is ready to mail.
I am just slow in getting it addressed.
I will mail mine out by Friday.
Happy Holidays,
Faye!

o

april, do you want me to send you the confirmation number for the package?

o

Rose~you can just post the number on here if you want!!

Planning on getting tree up today. Home Depot has some live ones in our price range.1st REAL tree in anout 5 years. Might be the last one for another 5 years if it's as messy as I remember!! LOL! You can't beat the way a real one smells though.Very Yuletidy!

later....April

o

1st stocking has made it's way to my house!!

Tree's up, just naked! WHEW...I forgot what a pain they were to get straight!!I'm off to make sure the kid's don't put ALL the orenments one just 1 branch.

later...April

o

Here are my numbers:
S 6
A 27
Free Space
T 49
A 70

Happy Holidays!

o

I am mailing my stocking in the morning...in a few hours. It's the holidays, no time to sleep, can't believe it's 2:30 a.m. Wow, way past my bedtime!

Speaking of live trees, many moons ago when my children were small, my husband and I decided to purchase a live Christmas tree. Well, being inexperienced in letting the tree sit overnight etc. I decided to string the lights and place the ornaments just right the same day we brought it home. Well, the next morning, much to my surprise, it had toppled over during the night. I have learned much since that time, but I still get a chuckle every time I think about this huge 8 ft tall, 4 ft wide tree toppled over taking up half the living room! The kids thought the grinch had visited our house and tried to take our tree...lol!!!

Ah those fond Christmas memories when my children were young and innocent, those were the days!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Later,

Sue

o

Sue~I would have been pretty freaked out if I heard the tree crashing during the night!

YAY!!! 2 more stockings made it here today!!!!

Later...April

o

I was so tired back then with the kids being young and working so many hours that I was sound asleep upstairs and didn't hear a thing! I sent my package yesterday, so you should receive it tomorrow.

o

Another WONDERFUL stocking & box CRAMMED full of goodies arrived today!!!

Remember the sooner I get them ALL the sooner they go back out!!

later...April

o

A blustery & cold night here. BRRR.... The good news...another stocking has found it's way to my house!!!
That's 5 down.....2 to go!!!

later...April

o

Hope everyone is staying warm. It has been unseasonably cold and snowy here in NE Ohio. Would anyone like a few inches of lake effect snow...lol?

April - I'm sure the folks that haven't mailed their stockings yet will get them out to you soon. I know the Christmas rush at the post office can be dreadful.

Sue N.

o

One more stocking arrived today!!! One more to go!!! It should be here tomorrow!! YAY!!!

Sue N.~ I'll pass on the snow,thank you very much. It's 36 out there right now, dropping down to 19 tonight!!

o

WOO HOO!!! ALL the stockings are here.....Now I get to sort & stuff!!

later...April

o

All stockings are on there way!!!

Posting all DC #s here

Dave~9405 5036 9930 0429 7837 81
Sue~9405 5036 9930 0429 7838 04
Kamil~9405 5036 9930 0429 7837 74
Patricia~9405 5036 9930 0429 7837 98
Rose~9405 5036 9930 0429 7838 11
Faye~9405 5036 9930 0421 5860 69
Carrline~ You should have it on the other half from the label you sent.

Please post when your stocking arrives!!

later....April

o

Thanks for everything April. I will keep you posted.

o

that's so exciting! it must've been fun divvying everything up--i love those kind of jobs :) thank you so much for organizing this :D

o

woohoo! got my box today, jam-packed with goodies! i'll refrain from posting about them until everyone else gets theirs!

o

My package arrived full of wonderful goodies! I too will wait until everyone gets theirs before I comment. Thanks everyone!!!

Sue

o

Hey Gang!!!
Glad your stockings arrived safe & sound. I just checked the DC #s. It's showing that they are ALL out for delivery!!! Which means everyone SHOULD get theirs today!!!

later...April

o

Woo Hoo !! I received my wonderful box of goodies yesterday afternoon. Thank you April for doing this and letting me join at the last minute. This has been so much fun and I will definitely join in next year.

Patricia

o

I received my stocking stuffed full of goodies.
Thanks to everyone. I love it.
Faye!

o

OMG!!!! I received my stocking it was so full of HAPPIES, THANKS EVERYONE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Carrline Sue

o

Hi everyone

By now I think everyone has received their stockings, so I wanted to post a few comments here. I really enjoyed this swap. April, you did a phenominal job of hosting. Thanks for all of your hard work, especially during this busy Christmas season. I received a lovely handmade stocking stuffed with a wonderful assortment of goodies that included so many neat gardening accessories, (I especially loved the plant markers) hand sanitizers,candy, a huge variety of seeds, warm socks, wonderful cards with lovely sentiments from the other participants, and various other very useful items that I will enjoy over the coming months. You were all so thoughtful and generous. Thank you to everyone and Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

o

Merry Christmas!! Hope everyone had a great day & maybe got to use something from you stocking today!! Thanks again to all who joined this year!!

later...April

o

i wanted to say thanks again to April for hosting this swap-- both filling and receiving stockings was so much fun! i'm sitting here sipping on my cocoa sorting through seeds, trying to figure out where to put what and what i can wintersow :) i can't wait til spring, and i have all of you to thank for that!

kamil, did you get the sweet autumn clematis seeds you were looking for? i have some, but they were too wet to send when i packed up my box. let me know if you still need some and i'll send them off when they are totally dry :)

o
RE: NEW: new: Christmas Stocking Swap 2010

hey guys! i had no much fun with this swap that i now want to organize one LOL. i was wondering what you guys thought of doing an easter basket swap? i did a search and it doesn't look like anyone has hosted one before, so i wouldn't be intruding on anyone's space, and i all of a sudden want to fill "something" with gardening "stuff" :) what do you guys think? too early to post about it and i wanted some feedback. can't ask the family-- they already think i am nuts!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here