Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap (3rd Annual) thread 2

dan_the_mailman
13 years ago

the first thread is full, so here's the beginning of the 2nd thread. And, here are all of Kym's wonderful comments and instructions...lol!

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 25 wishes , here on the SS thread..( also make sure your

want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !) [ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST]

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 17th

3. All seeds need to be READY to mail out DEC 1st ( I WILL BE SENDING A SCHEDULE FOR WHEN TO MAIL THIS YEAR)

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail before DEC 1st !!

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever

Santa Claus

100 Snow Lane

North Pole 00000

5. SEEDS MUST be ready to mail Dec 1st. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 1st ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

THERE WILL BE GAMES, AND PRIZES !!!!!!!!!! SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKIN THE FORUM !

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !

Comments (140)

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi Kim, it REALLY is nice to see ya back...and I Hope Jordan is doing well, miss seeing the cute photos of her !

Lisa, much thanks for always helping "behind the scenes"

ANYONE else, that wouldnt mind sending one or two more cards come December, to help make sure everyone recieves..just let me know !

KIM...Also the addresses will be sent out once sign ups are over ! Sign ups are till Nov 17th

ANYONE lurking, you have 6 days left to sign up !! Come join the fun..

• aimsterfl
    13 years ago

This sounds so fun! I'm in (and an easy one to please!) :)

Here's my wish list:
    Calendula/Marigolds(any color)
    Jasmine
    Lavendar
    Nasturtiums
    Sunflowers
    TOMATO (Any! I love em all. I am looking for a good canning/paste variety to save seeds from Opalka, Amish Paste...)
    Peppers....any
    Any easy to grow veggies ...we are trying to grow a bunch of our own produce this year.

Thanks All!

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Finally,...here's my wish list! Been busy having fun making-n-filling seed packets and designing this year's Christmas card. Been busy in other ways, too, which is why I haven't posted here again till now.

1. Thai Pink Egg tomato
    2. Amish Paste tomato
    3. Viva Lindsey's Kentucky Heirloom tomato
    4. Orange Banana tomato
    5. Ilini Gold tomato
    6. Any Culinary/Medicinal Herb (except Basil, Rosemary, Dill or Feverfew)
    7. Goji Berry
    8. Tomato Soup echinacea
    9. Unusual Snapdragons
    10. Any kind of berry
    11. Black Pearl Pepper
    12. Lemon Drop Pepper
    13. Dragon's Claw Pepper
    14. Chocolate Habanero Pepper
    15. Celeriac
    16. Any flower with "Chocolate" in its name
    17. Styrian Pumpkin
    18. Your favorite heirloom veggie!
    19. Your favorite heirloom melon!
    20. Your favorite heirloom "ANYTHING"!
    21. Elly & I LOVE surprises!
    22. Anything weird, unusual, productive and fun!
    23. Toad Lily (*ANY*!!)
    24. Out of the ordinary Rudbeckia/Echinacea
    25. Again,...Elly & I LOVE surprises! :)

Okay, Kym, you can send addresses whenever you're ready! Meanwhile, I'm off to get more stamps! :)

• carolynp
    13 years ago

Hey Kim: Sorry to hear of your loss! Happy to see you back gardening. It sounds like you're looking up.

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

{{gwi:1303135}}

Dearest Elves,

To those that have waited to send in a list of who you are mailing to THANK YOU ! To those that snuck one in already, THANK YOU too...lol

When sending me a list of WHOM you are mailing to, PLEASE add your screen name to the email, It makes life easier for me :)))

IF, for some reason you want to add to your list ..when sending me a SECOND email/list PLEASE do it this way !!

My initial list :

flwrs4ever
    santa
    Mrs Seedy claus

Add ons:

Elf 1
    rudolph
    the grinch

I RECORD THE LISTS ONCE YOU SEND THEM TO ME, IF YOU JUST SEND A LIST AGAIN NOT LETTING ME KNOW THE CHANGES...IT GIVES ME A HUUUGE HEADACHE..LOL SO KINDLY SEND THEM THIS WAY !!

Much thanks,

Mrs Seedy Claus

PS. Get your blotters and voices ready, I feel a B-I-N-G-O game coming onnnn !! ( Will post game info this weekend! )

• keiki
    13 years ago

Redthreaddiy thanks for the seed packet templates! I will be using them.

I hope everyone doesn't just use our exchange page wish list. I put the stuff I was really hoping for on the first thread (SSSS page 1). I thought that was the way it was supposed to be and that you could have more stuff on your trade page. It probably to late to change my exchange page now.

I was hoping to paint all my cards but have been ill so Im not sure about that one. I do have time still so hopefully! It is so fun to personalize the little gifts.

• redthreaddiy
    13 years ago

Oops.. sorry flwrs4ever... I'm guessing my recent message to you gave you headaches. I can resend it the right way if you want!

Keiki - glad you like the link! They're cool because you can add in all the info right on your computer to print out. I feel that it's much easier that way instead of writing everything in after printing.

• karendee
    13 years ago

Thanks Dan!! I loved Larkspur. It grew so well for me.

Karen

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    13 years ago

Kim, it's SO nice to see you back trading. You've been in my thoughts and prayers many times over the last year. I've wondered how you were doing. Thanks so much for the awesome update! I can't tell you. I was so happy to see your post that I screamed, "Yea! Kim's back!". :-D

Blessings,
    Angela

• ggwrn
    13 years ago

I want to join the swap. It was a lot of fun last year. Kym, I will send you my address this weekend.
    Ginger

Here is my wish list:

rudbeckias other than black-eyed susan
    asters
    phlox
    fragrant flowers
    flowers that attract hummingbirds
    Your best songbird attracting plant
    flowers for a moon garden
    bog garden plants
    Paw Paw
    osteospermum (any variety)
    lotus
    native wildflowers
    your best butterfly attracting plant
    butterfly host plants
    wine cups
    ice plant YELLOW OR WHITE ONLY
    heart leaved golden alexanders
    flying hedgehogs
    red bunny tails
    plants suitable for wildlife habitat
    native grasses
    carolina moonseed vine
    Your favorite flower, tomato or hot pepper in your garden
    brugmansias
    penstemon huskers red

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

Keiki...people are going by the WISH LISTS ..but can also look at your exchange page to add a few more items you may be lookin for, or maybe they dont have a wish but they DO have something on your exchange page.

readthreaddiy...that comment wasnt directed at you ! It was just to ask people to send that way, so when I start getting 15 emails at once, I can keep up :) This info goes out each year..to try and keep me sane !

Have a great weekend, everyone ! Are you preparing for Thanksgiving ? What are your plans ??

• bustani_mama
    13 years ago

i know i wanna do black friday will be first year with a total novice unlike the near pros me and my mom have become and the novice is not the most patient of sorts so it will be intreasting to see what really happens

i still have lists to go thru think once its declared regristrations are over ill print up the pages here or something to figure who all i can send to i have a partal list right now but i dont know how it will work i do think it will be kinder if i send who im thinking of after regristration ends so i can get anyone last minute in too

heres to hoping everything goes well *passes everyone a glass of eggnog from the fridge section of the grocer*

• carolynp
    13 years ago

If I could wrap bubble wrap around the seeds and send them in a normal envelope, I would be happy to take on a few more folks. Let me know when you can.

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi everyone -

I'm in. Here is my list.

cilantro
    turnips
    rosemary
    white sage
    English Thyme ( Thymus vulgaris )
    large variety tomato i.e. beefsteak
    yellow cherry tomato
    broccoli
    parsley
    cucumber, burpless
    kale
    collard greens
    mustard greens
    kohlrabi
    watermelon, bush sugar baby
    cantaloupe,early harvesting variety
    bush beans any variety
    carrot, purple dragon
    carrot,kaleidescope mix
    cinnamon basil
    lemon mint
    peppermint

Heirloom
    Lima Bean, Big Mama
    Bean, Italian Rose
    Eggplant, Black Beauty
    Pepper, Sweet Banana
    Nasturtium, Peach Melba
    Nasturtium, Vesuvius

Blue Picotee morning glory
    Akahigezaki Hige Japanese Morning Glory
    Rose Feather Morning Glory
    Split Personality Morning Glory

lupine
    zinnia senora
    zinnia pinwheel
    dahlia, cactus
    dahlia, victorian
    Korean Beauty Clematis ( Clematis chiisanensis )
    Clematis macropetala(Early Blue Clematis)

That should just about do it.

• gmom2-6boys
    13 years ago

OK!!!
    Lets see if this works out for me today. When I posted last week or so I posted on the wrong swap. So I will try it again.

The most wanted seeds are in order of listing.

Oregano-Kents Beauty
    Crowder Peas
    Heather
    Pansy-large
    Chrysanthenum-any color
    Allium-large
    Green onions
    Broccoli
    Lettuce
    Dianthus-Blue-any color
    Dragon flower
    Grasses-Pompas, Rose fountain, Zebra
    Grecian Wildflower
    Hydrangia-Perennials zone 5
    Lisianthus
    Lily-African Queen
    Phlox-Bright eye, crimsom red, Orange, Royal purple
    Primrose
    Sunflowers-Mexican

Now I'm officaly in this swap.

gmom

• frostythecat
    13 years ago

I'll post my wish list later tomorrow or the day after but one question first. Are we sending seed packets or can we send ziplock bags with seeds and information about the seeds?

• aphroditelaughs
    13 years ago

Frostythecat,

In my experience, you can send seeds in almost anything (though including some information is really appreciated!) I have received seeds in little envelopes made from the pages of seed catalogs, construction paper, coffee filters, etc, as well as ziplocks and coin envelopes. The variety is fun, and it is so interesting to see how different people store and share their seeds.

Ellie

• sheriannricherson
    13 years ago

Hello fellow plant-a-holics! First I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

It has been a VERY rough year here. My dad almost died in September and now lives with us due to lack of insurance and funds to put him elsewhere. About a month or so ago a storm with 1-inch hail destroyed my greenhouse, and needless to say, I lost most of my tropical plants.

My wish list is short and sweet - anything is fine. I have lots of herbs and vegetables though, so unless they are unusual, I prefer not to receive those.

To everyone I have traded with before, I hope to be back in the forums by spring!

Thank you Kym for encouraging me to post this year. It took a while, but I finally made it over here!

Again, I hope everyone has a very happy holiday season!

Sheri Ann

• kamiljablo
    13 years ago

Can I join?! I will post my list later

Kamil

• lisa831
    13 years ago

Like to join, send email

X-mas wish list

christmas or thankgiving or easter castus white
    cockscomb (big head) ones
    White Marigold
    Ornamental Pepper
    unique or unusual tomatoes and peppers
    bunny tails grass
    salvia any color
    peter pepper
    Bells of Ireland
    Trailing Lobelia
    Bleeding Heart
    pumpkin on a stick
    Dianthus
    And peace and heath to all my gardening friends

• keiki
    13 years ago

Thanks to red threaddiy I spent hours printing, cutting and glueing Christmas seed envelopes. LOL it was actually kinda fun.

Sheri Ann sorry to hear about your dad and troubles. I agree it has been a rough year, I lost my brother, just found out another has cancer and have been quite ill myself. If you contact me after it warms up maybe I can help you replace a few tropicals.

• columbusgardener
    13 years ago

Wish List 2010

Sweet Autumn Clemantis
    Coleus ��" any yellow/green or black/reds
    Thunbergia
    Cosmos ��" white
    Primula
    Nicotiana ��"white
    Aquilegia ��" white
    Chrysanthemum ‘Northern Lights’
    Cleome ��" white
    Euphorbia
    Gaura
    Knautia ��" Melton Pastels
    Malva ��" Mystic Merlin
    Salvia farinacea ‘Fairy Queen’
    Thalictrum
    Cherry tomato
    Lemon balm
    Cilantro
    Fennel
    Marjoram Sweet

• frostythecat
    13 years ago

Polianthes tuberosa
    Canna Ehemanii or any other ones
    Milk and Wine Lily
    La Lot aka Wild Betel (Piper sarmentosum )
    Rau Cang Cua aka Vietnamese Crab Claw Herb (Pepperomia Pellucida)
    Any Indigo, dark blue or black Hyaciths.
    Any non-red heirloom tomatoes (especially any red or black ones)
    Your favorite Lettuce or Lettuce mix
    Any flowers that will do well several weeks of 100+ weather in Usda zone 8b.
    Any flowers with blooms in the Burgundy, Indigo, Black or Crimson color zone.
    Night Blooming Cerus
    Any type of blooming cactus (day or night)
    Sweet Olive (or any plants with this scent)
    Plumerias
    Desert Rose
    Sweet Pea
    Moon Flowers

• plant-one-on-me
    13 years ago

HaHa...got to get the seeds back out for a look through for all the new people who signed up since I was out of town :)

So glad to be back!!!

Kim

• riley17
    13 years ago

Finally figured out my list! :)
    Wow, I saw quite a few wishes I can fill! Last year, I didn't have much on anyone's list but this year I think I have something for almost every one! : D

1 Russian sage
    2 Goji berry
    3 Poblano pepper
    4 Viva italia tomato (or your favorite heirloom variety)
    5 Bougainvillea
    6 Cow peas
    7 Blue flax
    8 Grape leaf anemone
    9 Lungwort
    10 Agastache
    11 Asian veggies
    12 Early golden bantam sweet corn
    13 Quinoa
    14 Gooseberry
    15 Sea buckthorn (sea berry)
    16 Honey berry
    17 Lady’s mantle
    18 Pawpaw
    19 Any water plants (I only have one orange water lily)
    20 Chokecherry
    21-25 Ummm….suprise me! :)

Thanks!
    Holly

• ivyp
    13 years ago

Wish list

Snapdragons
    moonflower
    Nicotina
    Geranium
    Violas
    pansy
    Snow in the summer
    Lily of the valley
    delphinium
    dianthus
    foxglove
    gaura
    liatris
    peony
    pphlox
    mosspink
    columbine, any but purple
    coreopsis,
    heuchera
    lupins
    poppy oriental and california

I would be happy to recieve any flower seeds suitable for wintersowing, flowers for containers and hanging baskets.

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

BINGO WORDS

A Christmas Carol
    Angel
    Bells
    Bethlehem
    blitzen
    candles
    candy canes
    camel
    carol
    celebrate
    Christmas
    Christmas tree
    chestnut
    chimney
    cookies
    comet
    cupid
    dasher
    donkey
    donner
    ebeneer scrooge
    eggnog
    elves
    frosty the snowman
    fruitcake
    greeting cards
    gifts
    gift tags
    gift boxes
    holiday
    holly
    icicle
    ivy
    jingle bells
    jolly
    joy
    lights
    love
    mistletoe
    Mrs Seedy Claus
    Noel
    North Pole
    ornaments
    Prancer
    peace
    presents
    pie
    pine
    poinsettia
    Rudolph
    Reindeer
    twinkle
    Santa
    season
    Scrooge
    sled
    sleigh
    sleigh bells
    snow
    snowflake
    spirit
    star
    stable
    stand
    stocking
    tinsel
    tradition
    togetherness
    toys
    Vixen
    Winter
    wrapping paper
    wreath
    yule log

HOW TO PLAY : Choose 25 words, put them in an email to send to me, and SAVE a COPY so you can keep it for your BINGO CARD !!

HOW TO WIN: Be first person to get ALL 25 words on their card !!

PLEASE put BINGO as the Subject line..so I can save ur cards to a seperate file :)

I will accept BINGO CARDS Till Sat Nov 20th, and start the game on Sunday !!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Cool! Just checked the thread and a GAME! Sending my email. vina

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

Hi Kym! Since I won the first game that Dan posted, I wanted to be sure I was eligible before I signed up for the bingo game. Just let me know.

I've been debating using store bought cards this year, as I am very busy trying to finish up canning, and freezing of this year's harvest, plus all of the Thanksgiving activities. So in the end I left it up to the kids. They all said they would help again this year (yeah, free labor, LOL), so today I picked up some art supplies. They are out of school all next week, so hopefully we'll have them ready to mail out on time.

Bonnie

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie..everyone in the swap is able to play ALL the games :))

Soo glad to hear the kids are making cards again this year ! Tell them thanks for their creativity and for helping mom.

• keiki
    13 years ago

Im in, sent you my 25 words :)

• redthreaddiy
    13 years ago

I'm in too! One more day left for people to join the swap!!!

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

YES..ONE MORE DAY...SIGN UPS ARE over midnight (EST) tomorrow nite, so if you havent posted a wish you, you have till then !!

We have 100 wonderful Elves already, thanks to you ALL for joining !!!!!!!

For those that have lists ready of whom your mailing to, please go ahead and start sending them to me ! THANKS :)
    ( Dont panic if you dont, you have till Dec 1st)

• buturfliis_mom
    13 years ago

wow

I am having trouble finding everyones wish lists and I am feeling overwhelmed.

Could a post be started that is JUST ONLY the wish lists ?

I guess I need to slow down, and find more time in my day....

• graanieb
    13 years ago

I wish I could scroll down to the bottom of page with Arrow or End key- used to be able, any help with this? I'd check here more often...but sure have been taking notes.

Yay, Kym...thanks for Bingo, will email you!

You all be well and enjoy!

Bea

• klorentz
    13 years ago

Been looking in every now and then.Good to see folks having fun with this.Hope everyone has a great Holiday season.

Kevin

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

YES Angie is working on a new thread with the lists !! Thanks Angie for the help !!

When you send me a list of WHO you are mailing to..I ONLY need the screen names :) Thanks so much for all the work you all are doing ...it sure will be GREAT fun when you start checking your mailbox daily !!

• yotetrapper
    13 years ago

No idea why you can't bea, I have no problem scrolling down with arrows or end key....

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

***************PLEASE READ !!! ********************

I need address info from the following people before Midnite Nov 17th (EST)

orgogal
    adrock430
    kamiljablo
    suegardens2

ADDRESSES WILL GO OUT THIS WEEKEND !! ( at the latest )

** Send in your Bingo words, there will be PRIZES :)

• flwrs4ever
    13 years ago

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

THIS THREAD IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED PLEASE COME TO THE NEW THREAD AND POST, THE LIST OF WISHES HAS BEEN ADDED AND WE ARE STARTING BINGO

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

DO NOT POST UNDER THIS MESSAGE, COME TO THE NEWWWWWWWW THREAD, MUCH THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: SANTA SWAP FUN

13 years ago

Please, see the new thread for all wish lists posted as well as games and fun... link below...

Blessings,
    Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Swap, thread 3

13 years ago

thread completed....

13 years ago

thread completed....