Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: fresh christmas seed swap 2009

godsgarden9
14 years ago

Welcome to Fresh Christmas Seed Swap. I am just getting the remaining packets for the Back to School Swap, and so for those that were not able to join in that one or have more seeds to swap, this is for you. You can send as little or as many packets of seed that you would like.

So you can start to get all of the seeds you would like together. Seeds need to be in by January 1st

Details for the Swap

1) You can send as many seed packets in that you would like, try to limit to no more than 10 packets of the same variety unless they are a rare, new introduction, or specialty name varieties, and then the maximum will go up to 20 per same variety.

2) Seed Counts, just as a guideline. If large minimum 12, medium25+, small 50+, and tiny 100+, if you have lots of seeds you can put in as many per packet as you like, this is just a minimum guideline.

3) Make a... LIST... of the seed varieties that you are including, so I will try to send you all new and different varieties of seed. I will try to reward those that -send the more rare and unusual and exotic varieties with more unusual and rarer varieties in return.

4)Ideally it would be great to insert a self addressed bubble wrap envelope with the proper postage inside the one sent to me, so all I need to do is just put your new seeds in the self addressed envelope, but if unable to do just include enought postage and a return shipping lavel in with your seeds so that I can send them back to you.

5) If you want to send in extra seeds for newbies, please indicate how many thta you are sending in designated for newbies, and I will try to deistribute them evenly to the newbies. Just let me know how many for newbies, and how many packets of seed are returned back to you.

6) Unless specified, I will send you an assortment of all trypes of seed. If you prefer flowers, vergetbales, ornamental grassses, flowering bushes and tress, please indicate your preference.

7)People love variety, so try ot include as many different varieties as you are able to.

8) This should be fun, so have fun while you are doing this, it will be so much fun to receive your new seeds in January, a late Christmas gift. So again, thank you for you participation, to make this swap a success. May Christ be central to all your Christmas activities.. May the Lord bless and keep you this holiday season.. Willy

Comments (83)

• grovespirit
    14 years ago

bmp

• elliesfun
    14 years ago

My seeds should be coming.. Mailed on Thursday the 10th.

Ellie

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just an update from your host.. Willy... a few packages have come in, but there is still plenty of time to sign on and join in the fun, this probably will be my last swap until the fall, so please join in the fun.. everyone have a blest Christmas with your family and friends...

• dusty314
    14 years ago

Hi, Willy
    My seeds are on there way to you today. Newbie here... hope I did it correctly. I think I will enjoy this. Sounds like fun!
    Dusty314

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

I think I can...I think I can.... I'm in! First year gardener here so I'm ready to try new things next year. Thanks for hosting Willy.

Lynn

Dusty314 - Have you noticed that we newbies keep showing up in the same places? haha Guess we Texas folks naturally navigate toward each other, huh? (I'm only a transplanted okie).

• dusty314
    14 years ago

Hi carsons_mimi, Glad to meet you. What part of Texas were you from?

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    14 years ago

Mine were mailed out on Saturday so you should have shortly!!
    Linda

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

Dusty314,

I grew up in the other 'windy city' Wichita Falls. I can't seem to get out of tornado alley (now living in OKC)!!

Lynn

• dusty314
    14 years ago

Hi Lynn,
    Glad to meet you.. we're down by Lubbock way...

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

Nice to meet you too Dusty. Go Red Raiders!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi Willy and gang :o)

I want to join, Although I've done many swaps I've never done a seed swap.

Please count me in and I see what I can come with for '09'
    seeds.

I hope I'm not too late!!!!

Hugs Carmen

• mayblooms
    14 years ago

Oh, I'd love to join. I will email you!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Willy I sent you an email.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi all, I mailed my seeds today, I'm so exited cant't wait to see what I get back.
    This is my first seed swap I hope I did everything ok.

Merry Chistmas everybody!!!!!
    Hugs, Carmen

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Seeds are on their way...hope everyone will enjoy what I've sent along :)

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Toni

• acalgirl
    14 years ago

Hi Willy,

I just found your Christmas Seed Swap. I would love to join!

Thank you,
    Tina (acalgirl)

• rbrady
    14 years ago

My seeds are going out Monday. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas!

Rhonda

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

I know time is running out, but may I participate, please? Thank you. Treasa

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

Willy,

My packet of seeds was mailed out today from snow covered, iced over, these people don't know how to drive on this, Oklahoma.

Thanks!
    Lynn

• lisa831
    14 years ago

Willy,
    My packet of seeds was mailed out today, Thanks for Hosting.
    Lisa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

Hi Willy...just to let you know, I mailed my seeds to you today. Thank you! - Lisam627

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Happy New Year

FACING THE NEW YEAR

As we stand upon the threshold
    Of another brand New Year,
    Let us breathe a prayer that always
    We shall have God's presence near.

Perhaps last year brought trials,
    Heartaches, disappointments, too;
    It also brought real triumphs,
    Happiness and friendships new.

Only God, Who sees the future,
    Knows all that lies ahead;
    If we knew, our hearts might only
    Fill with worry, fear and dread.

Let us face the year believing
    That He Who loves us so
    Will direct our every footstep--
    Daily point the way to go.

Hugs Carmen

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    14 years ago

Hi Willie,

Just checking to see how things are going?

Thanks
    Linda

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

looking out the window taping my foot, no seed box today.

I hope it comes soon.... I have to do some winter sowing as I lost most of my plants in this horrid freeze we had this past week.

Willy,where are you??? LOL

Hugs Carmen

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

Just an FYI ~ I sent Willy a PM this morning just to state that we hope all is well since he's not be in communication with the group since Dec. 15th. I suspect something has happened that has pulled his focus in another direction. I guess the best thing we could do for him is just 'lift him up' in our thoughts. I'll post if I receive a response.

Lynn

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Happy New Year to everyone.. Yes, the long awaited update, sorry about the delay everyone, just playing catch up, anyway... I just wanted to let everyone get their seed packets in, many were running late, but I am working on the packages, but I need your help. So for those that need them right away, for winter sowing or whatever, just email me, and I will try to get yours out as soon as possible, for others, if you dont need them right away, as you are not planting anything for a while, you dont need to respond, as I want especially to get those whom need them right away out, and then I will try to get the remainder out, thank you for your help... if you need them right away, please email me directly at godsgarden9@yahoo.com, the urgent ones, thank you.. and everyone have a great growing season.. Willy.

• carsons_mimi
    14 years ago

lol... what timing. ;-)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hey Willy,How are you??
    Just a quick note to see where we are with the seeds.

I'm hoping to get those seeds soon so I can get a head start on my garden. I live in sunny Florida so I can start things early.
    Just please let me know or I nedd to go buy some seed.

Thanx and blessings to you
    Carmen

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Has anyone received yet? Just curious.
    Alana

• shadyside
    14 years ago

Not yet Alana--I'm one of those who contacted Willy to see if I could get mine early since I DO winter sow...he answered me on the 14th of Jan. that he would be mailing that weekend (I guess Monday the 18th), but I haven't received any yet so I'm a bit concerned at this point. I hope all is ok with him.--Susan (Shadyside)

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

Hi Willy, I hope everything is OK. We haven't heard from you, and I wanted to know if you need some help with the swap? Will help if I can, just let us know what is going on. Bev

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dear Friends,
    Thank you for your patience, Sorry the emails are not going through to me.. but I had to leave town for 10 days, but am back and this week working on getting more packets out, so hopefully over the next couple of weeks most if not all the seed packages will be sent out.. It has been an extremely busy start of the year, but finally I am caught up on the neccesities, and now I can finish getting the seeds out, so especially those that are winter sowing, I am sending those seed packages out first and then I will work on the remainder, so thank you again for your prayers and patience, and soon you will receive your packages, many blessings... Willy-

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

Has anybody recieved their seeds from this swap? Let us know if you did. I'm beginning to think I've been dooped. Bev

• drippy
    14 years ago

Hi folks - I didn't participate in Willy's swaps this year because I had a rough gardening season and not as much to share as in years past. However, I have participated in several of his swaps in the past, and my experience has been that he is very reliable, and a good swap host. I don't know what's going on with him, but sometimes "real life" gets in the way, and seeds and trading have to take a back seat. If he's a private sort, he may not want to share whatever it is that has taken priority, but I'll bet it's pretty important. I believe he'll come through for you all.

Just my two cents.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I'll "ditto" what Drippy said. I had a few personal issues of my own in December and had to drop out of the swap. However, I know in past swaps he's been very reliable. I've gotten some great things from his swaps.

Becky

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

Drippy and booberry, thanks for the info. I do hope everything is OK with Willy. As I well know, life doesn't always go as planned. Hopefully we will get our seeds soon.

• shadyside
    14 years ago

I ditto that this has been a reliable swap in the past...and I know there must be some "issues" that are keeping Willie from dealing with mountains of seeds!! That doesn't keep me from hanging expectantly on my mailbox each day hoping, and hoping that there's a fat package waiting for me! Maybe tomorrow?!?!?

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello everybody, I have sent some out, and am trying to get all of the winter sowing ones that have requested theres out first, and then will try to get the remaining ones out, sorry, I dont have direct contact with most everyone, as when you post, I dont get a email from you, unless I come back and look at this posting, which in the past, I have been able to respond directly as the emails would go directly to you.. yes, everyone will get their seeds, and more will receive them this week.. thanks again and enjoy your packages as they are coming soon.. thank you and God bless..Willy-host... godsgarden9.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Thank you for the update, Willy. I don't winter sow much, but we do start things indoors and will need to get them going soon. I'm sitting pretty well on most things, so it was just a bit of my addiction...err passion ;) that caused me to join...and I've always enjoyed your swaps. I knew there must have been something going on...after all, Life happens...and we can't control things that are put in our path. I know that situation all too well. Take care and thank you so much for hosting this swap.

Toni

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, Praise the Lord.. all the packages should arrive this week, at least those of you that have been patiently waiting.. thank you for your participation.. have a blest growing season in 2010... see you in the fall.. Willy.

• morguegirl
    14 years ago

Yay. I got my seeds today. Great selection, as always. Thanks Willy, and everyone who participated .

Amy

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Got 'em. Nice assortment!

Thanks, Alana

• diggindirt49
    14 years ago

Willy,
    I recieved my seeds today. Thank you, thank you. A wonderful assortment and well worth the wait. Bev

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Received my package today...well at least I believe it was from this swap. Not quite sure cause no communication inside and no return address.

Received back 10 of my own pkgs...

Not quite sure if they were not up to the trade or what, but got them back. I thought they would be nice for others...doesn't seem so..you tell me....

black calypso bean
    asparagus bean
    amethyst bean
    red noodle bean
    purple french filet bean
    red calypso bean
    stavros sweet pepper
    flor de mayo half runner bean
    appaloosa bean
    and
    brown rice bean

• shadyside
    14 years ago

Received mine--thanks so much Willie and to all who participated.

• northforker
    14 years ago

As always Willie, a wonderful selection of seeds. Thank you for making time for this annual swap each year!

Nancy

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

got mine too!! nice selection thank you Willy

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

The lack of response is really upsetting. I really wish that I had received SOME sort of communication!!!!!! After being involved with multiple swaps, I don't even know if the package I receivedd was from this swap!

If the package I received was from this swap....Wondering why 1/5th plus of my seeds were returned to me!

Please, Willy...respond!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    14 years ago

Hi Willy,

I am late to thank you - sorry my schedule has been hectic!
    I received your package and you had included some very interesting seeds for me! I am looking forward to Googling several of these varieties...I have not heard of many of them.

Thanks for all your work on this swap and thanks for sending me out a nice package! - Lisa

• dusty314
    14 years ago

Received mine too,thanks so much for hosting Willie and to all who participated.