Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

NEW: obf~ nov~~~ bountiful harvest

This month we will be sending a box of items that spell out HARVEST!

For example:

H~Hershey Bar

A~Apricot Ruffles Daylily

R~Red Socks

You get the idea!

Plants & Bulbs can be used for those that can still receive them. Be sure to check with your buddy.

Signups are now till Nov. 6

Partner list posted on Nov.7

Mail out by Nov.16

Later....April

Comments (150)

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Me too! Yeah! Melinda

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

No b13 here but Ive sent you an email Treasa. Happy Saturday everyone,
    ~Laura

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Friendly greetings to the new members of our group! : )

Way to go, Melinda. Congratulations.

Shirley, what a clever "dish garden". Nice.

Dottie, I haven't started your HARVEST box yet. Sounds challenging.

Got my BINGO card, but no B13 for me. (sob, sob)
    Great idea. I haven't played bingo in a coon's age.

Carol, how awful. There are so many terrible things happening.

It's a mild day in my neck of the woods today. I'm hoping to sell the two horses I have. There's an Arabian I want to buy. We recently bought 30 ready-to-lay pullets.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Treasa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glad to see a few of you had B 13!!! Next is.......
    O 65.

Will do one more around dinner time.

Bingo letters called:

B 13
    O 65

Later....April

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

I've got O 65!
    Yay! :O)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Last bingo call for the day.....N 39

Bingo letters called:

B 13
    O 65
    N 39

Hope everyone had a great afternoon. Was nice out! Kids actually rode their bikes for the first time in AWHILE!!!

later....April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

no O-65 here either... I hope yalls weather was as beautiful as it was here in Lansing. I actually wore a sleeveless shirt to do gardening! Also, I picked up a few irises at the local garden co-op's year end closeout, two Savannah Sunsets and a Chasing Rainbows for $5.95. I got those and the rest of my bulbs planted, AND picked up some goodies for the couple of swaps Im in. (Anyone else think its too early for Christmas? I do!)

How was everyone elses day?
    ~Laura

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Yay, I have N 39, too! Just a different row... :O(

Today's weather was gorgeous here, too, Laura! Upper 70's, sunny, breezy. We took the kiddos to a creek nearby and they caught toads, crawdaddys & minnows. They had lots of fun....until daddy found a leach! BLECH!!!!! So we decided that was enough playing in the water for today. LOL

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

My day was BUSY, Laura. I LOVE Chasing Rainbows! Sounds like you had a nice day. I have most of your box ready to go.

My Dawgs had a great game. Of course, they were playing Tennessee Tech, so there would be more to report if they HADN'T won. :(

I only have the B13 so far. I love Bingo, but I could probably count on one hand the times I have ever won though. :P

Hope everyone else had a nice day. We are going to the Jags game tomorrow, so I won't be around much. Carol, how are you feeling?

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Nice day, here, too. Spent most of it raking leaves with DH. He leaves on a trip tomorrow, so I should finish before Spring, if I'm lucky :O)

Don't stress on the box, Treasa; we're in similar zones, so anything you grow should translate well here. Just starting my box, too, as I wanted to wait to see who I'd be sending to before choosing my items.

I'm already reading Spring seed and plant catalogs. Seems a little early, but last year I ran into things being out of stock because I waited too long. (And you think it's too early for Christmas, Laura ?!)

Love the bingo game, April! I have to remember to check in more often!

Dottie

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Boo Hoo I did not get a BINGO Card. Can you try to send it again April? Thanks

Gorgeous weather here today also. I had to wear a back brace but did get some clean-ups done.

Laura-Nice irises you purchased...can't beat those bearded irises although when the japanese irises bloom they will take your breath away too.

Vina-I hope to send out your box next week and will let you know the exact day.

Shirley

• smitties
    14 years ago

I have two of the three numbers. B13 and N39 I love Bingo.

I am in Corbin, Kentucky for the weekend so won't be able to keep check once we leave the hotel. Our second oldest son moved to South Carolina a couple of months ago. We met him here to celebrate his birthday. It is a six hour drive for each of us rather than us spending twelve hours in the car to get to S. C. which you couldn't do in a weekend anyway.

The weather was absolutely perfect yesterday. It was 75 degrees. We went to visit Cumberland Falls and wow is that a pretty area.

I have my box ready and if I can get home early enough today, will tape it up and mail it after work tomorrow. If not then, Tuesday morning.

Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful weather weekend where you are. Margo

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday!

April, I put the finishing touches on your box yesterday and will mail on Monday. I took a little poetic license with some of the letters. Hope you don't mind.:0)

Yesterday was beautiful here. Cleaned out the pond, put the waterfall pump stuff away. You have to actually get in the water to do that...and I have been waiting for a half way decent day. Boy!!! Is that water cold!!!! I even spotted one of the fish. Sherbert. He/she is the only one I've seen. My daughter named him, because he's orange and white. I hope the others are okay and not heron bait. They are just too expensive to replace.

Have a great Sunday everybody...

vina

ps. I've only had 1 bingo number b13. 2 if you count the free turkey in the center :0)

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

That's all I have too, Vina.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning Ladies.Great to see so many of you ready to send out!!!

Shirley~ Will resend you your link for your card.So Sorry that it didn't come through!!!

Anyone else need their's?

Bingo this morning is 0 69.

Letters called so far....
    B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69

later....April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

YAY! Ive got my first number!!

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

LOL I've been skunked again! I have zero.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Your lunchtime bingo letter is......
    I 16

Hope this helps some of you.I don't have the best luck at Bingo either!

later....April

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

No new numbers for me! :(

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Christan...working on your H A R V E S T box!

BINGO...BUZZ...BUZZ...BUZZ...BUZZ........not a one yet!!!

Glorious Fall day here!! Happy Sunday!

Annie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great day here too! Raked up some leaves. Ok .....letting the 3 year old pull the number this time, maybe she brought you guys some better luck!!!

0 71

So far we have...
    B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71

later...April

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

I have O 71!!
    Woo-hoo!

3yr olds are the BEST! :O)

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Annie, I sent you an email. I don't know if you got it or not. Could you please send me your addy so I can mail your box! Thanks, Melinda

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Next up....G 49!!!!

So far we have...
    B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71
    G 49

later...April

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Woohoo! Let the 3 year old pick some more! She's bringing me luck! :0)
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

D'OH! So close....yet not close enough!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Had to let a different kiddo pick.The male child this time. Can't believe they are fighting of the job! LOL!!
    N 35

So far we have...
    B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71
    G 49
    N 35

later...April

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Still stuck with the free space and B13. Pick a different child, April.:P

Had a great day with hubby at the Jags game. It was a bit on the warm side, but I have been to worse. They won too, so that made it worthwhile. I really should be writing lesson plans for the week, but uggg, I don't wanna.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL!! You'll get your wish Christan, my oldest will pick before her bedtime.

later...April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

April, tell your little one that I need a number on my chart too, and that Im willing to pay candy! All I have is O 69 and a turkey :(
    ~Laura

• mellen
    14 years ago

Sounds like a fun game you are all playing.

Shirley, I don't remember-are you seeing a pain Dr.? How long has your pain been going on? You could always have a shot in your lower back if they will do that. The first couple of times the pain clinic Dr. did that for me, it worked very well. I've been thinking of you. My back is doing great although I am on huge amounts of painkillers. But, they don't make me sleepy, groggy, etc. I seem to be on the right regimen.

CAROL!!! I can't imagine what you just went through. You poor lady!
    ME

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Wow! You guys got through a lot of bingo numbers while I was out raking leaves! Of course, it doesn't matter to me :( April, don't you have any more kids to pull numbers?? Those are not working for me :O)

Shirley, ME is right. The shots in the back are an instant miracle - at least they were for me when I had such bad spasm I couldn't stand up straight a few months ago. I do hope you feel better soon. There's not much worse than having a part of your body refusing to cooperate when you have so much you want to do.

Hope everyone else had weather like ours today. Here is my little grandson in the leaves today.

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Precious! He'd be stuck with pinestraw in my yard. Almost all of our trees are long leaf pine.

April, I am willing to throw in some candy for a few sweet picks as well.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We still HALLOWEEN candy, need a better bribe than that!! LOL!!!

How does B 6 work for ya'll?
    So far we have...
    B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71
    G 49
    N 35
    B 6

Great pic Dottie!

later...April

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    I sent everyone an updated member questionnaire email. If you didn't get it, let me know.
    Sounds like everyone has been having a wonderful time! The weather was nice here today, but I had to work. Tomorrow I have off so I'll get to enjoy it.
    I only have 2 bingo numbers and they are not in the same row : (

Shirley,
    Hope your back was just a temporary thing.

Dottie,
    Great pic!

Margo,
    Hope you had a good time with your son.

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Why can't I post?

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Hey georgia teacher - you did post. Your last posting says "Why can't I post?" I can see it, maybe you can't. Try signing off and then signing on again.

Dottie

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Thanks, Dottie. That was more or less a test to see if it would let me post anything at all because I had been TRYING to post something to Vina.

I was looking at the info sheets and saw that she lives in Weedsport, NY. My husband's family is from there, and some extended family still lives there. My FIL goes home to visit several times each year. I tried posting, reposting and refreshing the page a gazillion times, but it kept saying I had already made that post. :(

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well....how about....... I 25?

So far we have...
    B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71
    G 49
    N 35
    B 6
    I 25

later....April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

You never have too much candy... Ill have you know that at 25 Im sitting here sucking on a lollypop shaped like a ghost, and when they say 'mystery flavor' they mean it! Also, I like Big-Sis's bingo pull of B6. You should wake her up to pull again (mostly kidding).
    ~L

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Mellen-No--no pain Dr. as of yet. I really did not think the exercises the therapist gave me to do on my own each night would help but I think they are. With the back brace and the exercises I have been able to do a little yard work this week-end. My Aunt brought the back brace to me so I need to buy me one and give hers back. How often do they give you the shots? I found some pain pills at the drugstore called BACK-AID and they really helped without the dizziness and sleepiness but they had a warning on the back about pro-longed use causing liver damage. So I try not to take them often.

Dottie-Sounds like the shots are an instant miracle. Whew I hate shots. I almost chickened out on the flu shot.

Remy-Thanks for all you do for the group. I received the new updated questionaire.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Things are looking up in the BINGO department!! April, your precious little pickers are doing a fine job!

Melinda, I did not receive your email but sent my address off to you.

Remy, thanks for the member info updates.

Annie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well you're all stuck with me picking this late!Last number for today....0 66.
    Good night all!!!
    later....April

B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71
    G 49
    N 35
    B 6
    I 25
    O 66

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Remy, got the email! I'm usually the one who never gets them, especially from you! Things are looking up!

Got another number, too! Way to go April's-Little-Bingo-Number-Picker-Person.

Christan, if you try to post twice in a row, the thread won't let you. So, if you forget to say something, or need to make a revision, a little trick I've used is to add a letter, or remove one from the title; i.e. instead of "bountiful harvest", delete or change a letter, as in "bountiful harvist". See? Then it will let you post a second time.

Shirley, my shot-in-the-back experience was a one-time thing. Never had it before and hope to never need it again . . . but it was WAY better to have seven shots in the lumbar region than to carry on the way I had been for over a week. No contest. Hope yours never gets bad enough to need shots, but it's good to know they exist and will fix you RIGHT NOW if you ever do.

Getting your box ready, Carol. Hope to be able to mail tomorrow.

Good night, all.
    Dottie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning!! First letter for the day......B9

Letters so far...

B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71
    G 49
    N 35
    B 6
    I 25
    O 66
    B 9

later...April

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Yay, I've got 2 more numbers!
    Now...if they were only in the same row.....! LOL!

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning all!!!
    I just got back from the PO and...
    April your DC is: 0307 1790 0002 5604 7173

My bingo board is looking a little sad...only the turkey and 2 numbers so far....Let's get to pickin!

Dottie, Your grandson is SO cute! What a happy face!!

Christan, where do they live???? Weedsport is extremely small...I might know them! How cool!!

My mother in law had a spine blocker in her back. She gets it every 6 months. If she didn't get it she would have to have surgery. She was once laid out on her couch for 8 months and couldn't walk without a walker anywhere. Not even to the potty. At the time she was only 55, I felt so bad for her. That was a few years ago. Now she gets that shot and feels great, she walks every morning, works all day...she only takes a couple of Aleve every now and then. In her case the shot was a miracle worker.

Have a super Monday...going to be 73 here today!!! I am so excited!!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Hey Remy!
    Thanks for the list...
    I sent you an email. I only got up to Mellen and nothing below her.
    Could you send me part 2.
    Thanks so much, and thanks for keeping up with all of the hullaballoooh!
    vina

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Okay....you are faster than a spring loaded jack rabbit!
    I go back to check and you already did it!!

Thanks a bunch!
    vina

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I 21, I 21, calling I 21.

Letters so far...

B 13
    O 65
    N 39
    0 69
    I 16
    0 71
    G 49
    N 35
    B 6
    I 25
    O 66
    B 9
    I 21

Sorta drab & overcast here.I'm about ready for a 2nd pot of coffee this morning!

Melinda~will be sending out your prize from the first game today.

Remy~ thanks for the updated Info sheets!!

List of boxes sent/received

~Bunny
    ~Margo
    ~Shirley
    ~Laura
    ~Vina- sent
    ~Remy
    ~Treasa
    ~Annie
    ~Dottie
    ~Carol
    ~Christan
    ~Melinda
    ~Me

On a more serious note.....my grandfather is in the ICU right now. Having some issues with his sugar & heart. All prayers are welcomed!!!!

later...April