Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

new: obf: oct.: the w~i~t~c~h is in swap :)

flowergirl34
11 years ago

**Please pretend the OBF logo is right here :D***

THE WITCHES' SPELL

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake

In the cauldron boil and bake;

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,

Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,

Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,

Lizard's leg and owlet's wing,

For a charm of powerful trouble,

Like a hell-broth, boil and bubble.

Double, double, toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

William Shakespeare

Happy Halloween to all Our Bloomin' Friends and Welcome to the W~I~T~C~H~ is IN swap.

This is going to be a super duper easy swap.

Please spell our your package items using the letters in WITCH.

EX:

W: Wriggly Worms

I: Irrisistable Iguanas

T: Tumbling Toadstools

C: Cooky Clowns

H: Huckleberry Hounds

Okay, so that would be one really weird box, but you get the idea :)

You must include within your W~I~T~C~H 2 items:

1. a plant/garden related item. Seeds, garden markers or whatever your imagination can think of.

2. 1 Halloweeny/Fall themed item. Again, use your imagination :)

The rest of the items are up to you. Whatever you think your swapper would enjoy.

Please ship in a small flat rate box or a flat rate envie. And you must use Delivery Confirmation. Please post here when you mail.

Sign-Ups till October 11th.

Partners posted on the 12th.

Please mail by Oct. 26th.

Post here when you receive so we can all enjoy your W~I~T~C~H~Y Surprises with you. :)

**OBF is a year long swap group. You must be an OBF member to join this swap.**

If you have any ? please feel free to ask :)

Comments (90)

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Vina~ Your package of witchy goodness is on it's way! DC# 9405503699300170426548
    Hope you enjoy everything! :)

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

hello
    I need moonfires address please
    michelle

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Vina, i sent it through GW....let me know if you get it.

annie, we are about 2 hours from the ocean.

the wedding was fantastic. the entire weekend was great, from start to finish. the ceremony was absolutely beautiful, with a sand ceremony, which I had never seen before. it was the first time my granddaughter has seen the ocean and she was taken with it. it certainly wasn't a day to be in the ocean, but she managed on sunday to "accidentally" fall in while collecting shells. i'll have to make sure to take a vacation to the beach next summer!

maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Glad you ladies enjoyed the cornucopia idea. Maybe I should post it on pinterest. LOL

Maryanne-Glad the wedding turned out great. The first time seeing the ocean is awesome, I remember the first time I saw it. I'm sure your granddaughter will be ready to go on vacation with you back to the beach.

Vina-I don't dress up for Halloween anymore but used to. I dressed up at work and had the most fun ever. It was the only time of the year we could be like kids again. I will scan some of the pictures if I can find them and show some of the costumes I chose for Halloween. I love going to the banks each year all the bank employees dress up.

Shirley

• kchd
    11 years ago

Shirley, your package is headed your way today!
    DC # 9405503699300173477042

I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things after being gone, so it's hard to find the time to be chatty on the swap threads. I will share this photo, though. We brought our 3 1/2 yr old nephew Titus with us camping in Oregon - his first camping trip! Our dog, Woolie, always goes camping with us every year. On the ride back, I caught this picture of Titus making poor ole Woolie smell his stinky shoe! Ewww!

Katie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Shirley, I mailed out your supa prize :) Hope you enjoy.

Maryanne, got your email. Thanks!

Shirley, I wonder if all bank employees everywhere dress up? Our 2 local banks get embrace the Halloween too. Last year at one bank, they all dressed up from characters from the Wizard of Oz. It was very cute!

AND...drum roll....PARTNERS....

vina (flowergirl34) sends to maryanne (earthlydelights)

melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to vina (flowergirl34)**SENT**

maryanne (earthlydelights) sends to melissa (hazelnutbunny)

michelle (micyrey) and dianne (moonfire) send to each other

annie (canyonwind) and sue g. (sguanzon) send to each other

katie (kchd) and shirley (brittneysgran) send to each other **Katie SENT**

Our Halloween Poem for today is...

THE GHOST OF GOSHEN

Through Goshen Hollow, where hemlocks grow,
    Where rushing rills, with flash and flow,
    Are over the rough rocks falling;
    Where fox, where bear, and catamount hide,
    In holes and dens In the mountain side,
    A Circuit-preacher once used to ride,
    And his name was Rufus Rawling.

He was set in his ways and what was strange,
    If you argued with him he would not change,
    One could get nothing through him.
    Solemn and slow In style was he,
    Slender and slim as a tamarack tree,
    And always ready to disagree
    With every one that knew him.

One night he saddled his sorrel mare,
    And started over to Ripton, where
    He had promised to do some preaching.
    Away he cantered over the hill,
    Past the schoolhouse at Capen's mill;
    The moon was down and the place was still,
    Save the sound of a night-hawk screeching.

At last he came to a deep ravine,
    He felt a kind of queer, and mean
    Sensation stealing o'er him.
    Old Sorrel began to travel slow,
    Then gave a snort and refused to go;
    The parson chucked, and he holloa'd "whoa,"
    And wondered what was before him.

Then suddenly he seemed to hear
    A gurgling groan so very near,
    It scattered his senses nearly.
    "Go 'ome, go'ome," It loudly cried,
    "Go 'ome," re-echoed the mountain side,
    "Go 'ome," away In the distance died-
    He wished he was home sincerely.

And then before his startled sight,
    A light flashed out upon the night
    That seemed to "beat all creation."
    Then through the bushes a figure stole,
    With eyes of fire and lips of coal,
    That froze his blood and shook his soul
    With horror and consternation.

He lost his sermon, he dropped his book,
    His hair stood up, and his saddle shook
    Like a sawmill under motion
    .No cry he uttered, no word he said,
    But, suddenly turning Sorrel's head,
    Away and out of the woods he fled
    As fast as he could for Goshen.

The ghost he saw and the rattling bones
    Were a pumpkin, a gourd, and some gravel stones,
    That gave him all that glory;
    But ne'er again up that mountain side,
    In the light would Rufus Rawling ride,
    And many a time I've laughed till I cried
    To hear him tell the story.

-Anonymous

Have a super day!!
    vina

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Our bank employees dress up and have lots of fun doing it.

Maryanne, the beach is a wonder. So glad the wedding on the sand was fantastic. I think maybe I take the beautiful sandy beaches for granted, as I have always lived very close to them. I lived in Newport Beach, CA, one block from the sand, for several years...the shells, the sand, the waves, the salty air.....And the casual style, I love it!

Speaking of beaches, for those of you who go to the beach on occasion.......are you allowed to take your dogs (on or off leash) on the beach????

Vina, another great poem!!

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

• kchd
    11 years ago

Annie, Woolie (my dog) has gotten a ticket for being on the Atlantic coast beach in Brevard Co., Florida. Such an outlaw.

I've only ever lived in a landlocked state for 2 years, when I was in Kentucky. I prefer the Gulf Coast beaches, personally. So warm and gentle. But all beaches are lovely. There's just something about staring at the sea. Sometimes (oftentimes) I wonder what those places were like before they were all developed, when they were still natural. I'll bet they were amazing.

I usually dress up for Halloween. The past few years, I have joined my brother down in Baton Rouge for Halloween. He constructs a haunted house that runs across the porch of the house for the neighborhood kids. The first year we did it was in 2009. Holy cow, what fun we had!! In 2010, my husband and I got married on Oct. 30th. I joked to all our guests that I was going to wear a costume - - a white wedding dress (LOL)!

Katie

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Good evening everyone!

Saw the cardiologist today, everything is good, thank God. I'll go back to work once I complete my rehab, which is mid-November. Not looking forward to it -- it's not the most pleasant place to be, but, if I want to keep my house, car, etc., I guess I need to be working .

Annie, I didn't realize how much I missed the beach/ocean until we were there. I'm a mountain girl, through and through. I am not so much for the massive crowds, so the off-season really works for me.

As for dogs on the beach, I did notice plenty of them, plenty of walkers, plenty of guys running remote cars/trucks...but I think it's all because it's off-season. From what I understand, you have to have beach tags in order to be on the beach during the summer.

I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years. The last time I did, I won a prize. Of late, I just have an assortment of holiday tee or orther type shirts. I don't know if the bank tellers dress up, I'm a drive through or bank on line kind of person! Maybe this year, I'll stop in and see.

Katie, your dog ticket is as ridiculous! Did Wollie have his day in court?!!!!! Your nephew is adorable.

Vina, there certainly is no mistaking that you are so into halloween. Do you decorate your house inside and out?

sorry this pic is so big, but this is my girl all dressed up with her feet buried in the sand!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Maryanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Afternoon!!

I rec'd my WITCH from Bunny yesterday! It was such a surprise! Stuff just kept coming out of that package. Your quite a packer! :)

In my WITCH was:
    W: Witchy Black Seed Assortment:
    Poppy: Black Dragon
    Poppy: Black Swan
    Poppy: Black Peony
    Pepper: Sweet Chocolate YUM!
    Devils Claw
    Viola: Bowles Black
    Radish: Black Spanish
    Wormwood
    These are awesome!!

I:Ice Cube Tray (This is perfect! I was actually going to buy one of these this weekend! I had it written on my list and everything. Super cute skull and crossbones :) )

T: Trick or Treat Towel and Tissues (These are SO cute!! I don't think I can use them...they are called Swanky Hanky's, lol. )

C: Chocolate and Other Treats...YUMMY candy! Most of which is already gone. It never lasts long in this house, lol. I think the kids and hubby can actually smell it out, even when I try to hide it.

H: Houseplant Pot Hanger. A beautiful metal flower. Pink. Adorable. And Taylor already took it and has it hanging in her room. Not for pots, but she has 2 purses on it, lol. :)

She also included a BOO! Ghost notepad, candy scented hand sanitizer (it really smells like candy! ), and SPIDERWEBS!

I LOVE EVERYTHING!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I don't know about ocean beaches, but, on the lakes beaches around here, there is a leash law. The dogs can be there as long as you clean up after them. And they have to be leashed, no running in and out of the water. :( Beach patrols and sheriff boats patrol the water on each lake. They check you for everything! On and off the water.

Katie that haunted house sounds awesome! We have a similar house too. A man constructed the Black Pearl in his front yard along with a pirate graveyard. It's the whole boat. He dresses like Capt. Jack. (and looks JUST like him!) and for a canned food donation, you can take the tour. It's amazing! Last year he raised over $13,000 for the food pantry. His pirate ship and pirate graveyard are open every weekend till Halloween. We went last year and stood in line down the block to go through. We plan on going next weekend too.

Maryanne, yes! We decorate in and out. Usually we have the whole lit up, but, this year I'm in charge of the Pumpkin Walk at school. The PTA bought 600 pumpkins for the Elem. kids. On Sunday, they are being delivered, and I'll be there to help unload and make a pumpkin patch. Monday, each class will come out to the pumpkin patch, and pick any pumpkin they like. Tuesday and Wednesday, pumpkin decorating. Friday, we round them all up and put them in order according to class (hopefully, the teachers remember they are suppose to decorate one as well). Then, I start my lighting extravaganza! I'm doing all the electrical for this. Back lighting 600 pumpkins and creating a walkway, all done in lights. I only have 4 hours to get it done. The walk starts at 5 and goes till 8. The kids that come to the walk can bring the pumpkin home that they decorated. The rest will go back in the school to be brought home on Monday.

I'm also having my Girl Scouts Halloween Party next Thursday. I'm making them a mad scientist room complete with a haunted house. I do have a helper for this since we only have 2 hours to get it done before the girls come. I am prepping like crazy this week, trying to get all pre- things done that I can. So far I've made Mummy Skin, Mouse Brains, Witches Brew, Zombie Tears and Werewolf's Saliva...still so much more to go! :)

I hope to be taking plenty of pictures. I'll post some when we're done. Wish me luck!!

The Halloween Poem for today is...

Witches Stew
    by Gareth Lancaster

Bubble, blubber, squirm and gloop,
    Boiling broth of bat's tail soup.
    Wobble, slobber, liquid goo,
    Add the sole of one old shoe.
    Spooky shadows dance around,
    Of frogs and rats and snarling hounds.
    Steam swirls rising to the roof,
    Add one small ear and one old tooth.
    Gnarly, scratchy, tickle and itch,
    Stir round and round to make it rich.
    Mushy, sticky, sizzle and stew,
    They're making mischief just for you

Happy Thursday!!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

You're very welcome, Vina...I'm glad you enjoyed everything. It was fun getting it together for you. :)

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

dang vina, you are really into halloween. sounds great.

i posted a pic, not sure what happened to it, so i'll try again. there's a new way, not sure what i did that it didn't take.

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Maryanne, Great news at the Doc's office!!!! Your grandaughters feet must have been so happy! I agree with you about the crowds at the beach. I did that...done that... for so many years. The salt, the air, the waves, the style are still around without the people!

RE: dogs on beaches, interesting dog tags???? Have not heard of dog tags around here.

Sue, I will be getting your W I T C H of a package out sometime next week!

Happy Friday!

Annie

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

annie, no the tags are for the people. i don't know how much they cost, but they are only good for one season. i think it's a way to keep the beaches nicer, because from what i see now, they are compared to days gone by. i don't know if every area does it the same way though.

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness Maryanne your Granddaughter looks like an Angel, beautiful picture.

Katie-Titus is adorable. It amazes me that little boys are not taught that mischief stuff but they sure know all about it.

One year we went to Myrtle Beach on vacation and a horse group had just left and there was horse poop everywhere. I could not believe they let the horse owners leave that on the beach. You sure had to watch where you walked.

Shirley

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Oh wow I've missed so much on the posts!!...definitely gonna have to go back and read everything through for sure...just glanced at it this morning as I've got a lot going on and haven't really had time to get online to do much...haven't checked my email for a few days even...16 year old had shoulder surgery, been running with the kids to all kinds of school activities...helping my mom and another lady, and my hubby is out of town on a job so it's just me holding the house together lol...i'm not so used to that these days...anyways so much has been goin on that i didn't expect this month...but all in all things are good, just extra busy...

Michelle I sent you an email...sorry I'm so late gettin around to it...hope to hear from you soon...got band competition today that my youngest 2 kids are in with their school band...the 14 year old has a solo and i've only got to see her do it once as i'm always working concession stand during home games and don't make it to away games...but i will try to catch up with you tomorrow for sure...

Hoping all are having a Happy Halloween Month!

Dianne

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

I won't be online much for the next few weeks. It's been one bad thing after another here. I've posted most of everything that's going on over on my FB page. I know some of y'all are on there & I'm "friends" with you.
    The latest....I had an ultrasound on Thursday. They couldn't find the heartbeat, and it seems the baby has passed. I'm due to go back on Friday, for another scan, just to confirm everything. Assuming nothing happens between now & then. We'll carry on from there, I suppose.
    I'm trying to be strong, but this last bit of news has honestly broken me down. So I'm going to give myself some time, try to find my way back from this depression that's setting in.
    Sorry to post something so down, but I had to let y'all know where I was, since the swap isn't finished yet.

• veeja11
    11 years ago

sorry to have been mia for awhile been in oahu for two weeks, now back is acting up from 5 hr plane ride. Maryanne, happy you are feeling better, stay that way, grandaughter has gotten big and oh so beautiful. Melissa, I knew it was time for number 9 prayers are with you, hope and pray all is okay. notice a couple of new names did we get new members ? can't find your posts on fb Melissa so concerned as to what is going on. stay strong, you are the strongest women I know, so am sure this will all turn around for you. big hugs

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good Morning!

Maryanne, your grandbaby is adorable! What a beautiful scene for a wedding!

Dianne, hope your 16 year old is feeling better. Shoulder surgery doesn't sound like any fun! How long will they be incapacitated for? At 16 I'm sure it will feel like a lifetime, lol. And, CONGRATULATIONS! on your 14 year olds solo. How wonderful!!

Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear that. We completely understand. If you need anything please let us know. If I've learned anything at my time being on the GW its that we have the nicest bunch of people around :) You'll be in my prayers.

Carol, so nice you could swing in and say HI :) Oahu! How wonderful. What did you do for your 2 week vaca? I'm sure it was all amazing. Please share...

We unloaded 600 pumpkins at the school yesterday. For some reason I thought that 600 would take up more room. Maybe when they are all in a row it will look bigger, lol. Here are my 2 special bingo helpers. They helped unload all these pumpkins. We had a great time. :)

melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to vina (flowergirl34)**SENT**REC'D***

maryanne (earthlydelights) sends to melissa (hazelnutbunny)

michelle (micyrey) and dianne (moonfire) send to each other

annie (canyonwind) and sue g. (sguanzon) send to each other

katie (kchd) and shirley (brittneysgran) send to each other **Katie SENT**

Our Halloween Poem for today :)

The Spider and the Fly
    By Mary Howitt
    Will you walk into my parlour?" said the Spider to the Fly,
    'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
    The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
    And I've a many curious things to show when you are there."
    Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "to ask me is in vain,
    For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."

"I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
    Will you rest upon my little bed?" said the Spider to the Fly.
    "There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin,
    And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!"
    Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "for I've often heard it said,
    They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!"

Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, " Dear friend what can I do,
    To prove the warm affection I've always felt for you?
    I have within my pantry, good store of all that's nice;
    I'm sure you're very welcome - will you please to take a slice?"
    "Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "kind Sir, that cannot be,
    I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!"

"Sweet creature!" said the Spider, "you're witty and you're wise,
    How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
    I've a little looking-glass upon my parlour shelf,
    If you'll step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
    "I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you 're pleased to say,
    And bidding you good morning now, I'll call another day."

The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
    For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again:
    So he wove a subtle web, in a little corner sly,
    And set his table ready, to dine upon the Fly.
    Then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing,
    "Come hither, hither, pretty Fly, with the pearl and silver wing;
    Your robes are green and purple - there's a crest upon your head;
    Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead!"

Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little Fly,
    Hearing his wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by;
    With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew,
    Thinking only of her brilliant eyes, and green and purple hue -
    Thinking only of her crested head -- poor foolish thing! At last,
    Up jumped the cunning Spider, and fiercely held her fast.
    He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den,
    Within his little parlour - but she ne'er came out again!

And now dear little children, who may this story read,
    To idle, silly flattering words, I pray you ne'er give heed:
    Unto an evil counselor, close heart and ear and eye,
    And take a lesson from this tale, of the Spider and the Fly.
    Happy Monday!!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

Carol~ Since you can't find my FB posts, here's the quick update: there are many things going on, but the major one (beyond losing the baby) is that my 9yr old daughter went for her annual eye exam & they discovered swelling in the optic nerves in both eyes. We've had numerous tests done, but haven't discovered the cause as of yet. They are concerned because this is an early marker of an auto-immune disorder, and my 13yr old has lupus. They are also doing an MRI next week to rule out a brain tumor, as she's had some headaches & vision problems as well. The tests for leukemia came back negative, so that's some good news.
    We also had to rush hubby to the ER 2 weeks ago. He cut his palm on some metal- from thumb to wrist- and nicked an artery. So we had some exciting moments.
    We've had a lot of other things happening as well, but those are the 3 big things that have happened in the past few weeks.

Trying to get my mind off of everything & take a break, so I'm thinking of treating myself to a haircut. I've never had it professionally cut before. Ever! And I haven't had anything beyond a trim in the last 10 years. Though the last "trim" was pretty drastic- my 16yr old doesn't know the difference between 2" and 8"! My hair is still down to my hiney, though, so I still have plenty to work with. I will donate it, if I really do get brave enough to cut it.
    If I can't bring myself to do that, I may get a manicure. I have never had one of those, either!

Anyway...I need to go help the kids with their schoolwork. Trying to get back into the swing of things and homeschooling all these kiddos certainly keeps me occupied. Which does help.

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I'm traveling, but I wanted to let Shirley know about horses on the beach. I went on that ride many years ago. It is a funding raising event for the Heart Association and they raise mega bucks for that charity. It only happens once a year, so sorry you found yourself there when the beach was not as clean as normal, but it is allowed when there are few visitors and the tide washes the beach clean again.
    All I can say as a horse rider is it's a great experience!
    Hey, all, I'm in Paradise (Paradise, PA) - really enjoying my trip!
    Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Jeanne, what are you doing in that neck of the woods? Beautiful area, isn't it...although it's also very touristy. Hope you get to some of the back road amish areas to pick up their goods. are you on a quilting vacation? perfect area for that as well!!!!

Melissa, you are in my thoughts and prayers. When it rains, it truly pours. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope they are able to figure out what is going wrong with your daughter. My dear friend has lupus and it's not an easy disease. Keep the faith!

A 13 year old girl went missing on Saturday and was found last night stuffed into a recycling bin. Come to learn that two teenage boys killed her for her bicycle. Why they just couldn't have knocked her off the bike and took it, so senseless to murder over such an insignificant item.

I hope to get my swap mailed out timely.

Vina, your kids are adorable ~~ your daughter's smile is beautiful! and all those pumpkins...WOW!!!!! bet you were a little tired after that.

carol, i too have noticed all the new member....i just love how this group is still going strong. not as chatty as we all once were, but still going strong nonetheless.

has anyone checked out the new network show called Nashville? so far so good. would like to know who they are modeling the main characters after.

hope everyone has a great wednesday!
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Jeanne-Thank you so much for what should I say (The rest of the Story). No one shared with us about the fund raiser. It was rather late in the year as I remember so there were not many vacationers there. My sister-in-law was in real estate at the time and several of us went with her to close up one of the homes there. Anyway thanks for the info. Glad you are enjoying your trip.

I received my awesome box from Katie. Katie thank you so much and I hope to get your box mailed Thursday.

Katie sent:
    Witch's Thimble daylily
    Iris - Jazz Echo
    Tea - All kinds of delicious teas to try...Yum
    Chocoate Candy - My favorite
    Hand Soap - I love trying different soaps...thank you

No Katie I don't have the daylily or the iris so you did good.

Melissa-Praying for you and your family...may God lift you up during this trying time.

Vina-Love the picture of all those pumpkins and how cute are those two helpers. Thanks for sharing.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Bunny, prayers for all your little bunnies, Mr. Bunny and for you. Bless you all!

Jeanne, happy and safe travels!

Sue, I sent your package out today....
    DC# 0312 1430 0000 8254 2630...I would think you should receive on Thursday.

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

• veeja11
    11 years ago

Love ya miss bunny, sorry for your loss, sure God will bless you with more in the future, you are a bunny after all. just think how happy this one must be, in Gods arms. hang in there and give lots of love to mr bunny he hurts too.big hugs sis Carol

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Just wanted to pop in and say my box went out yesterday. It does have confirmation on it, receipt in the car, i'll post later. just letting Melissa know to look out for it.

Maryanne

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Michelle...I'll get your package in the mail by tomorrow I promise!!...I've been so scatter-brained lately with so many things goin on I'd lose my head if it weren't attached i think lol...just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten you and I'm trying to stay on schedule...will post a message when I get it sent out :)

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I received Michelle's box in the mail today :) and I so love it!! she included

W icked Window Halloween Stickers (which my oldest is putting on the living room door window as I type)

I credibly yummy butterscotch pop (one of my favorite flavor candy)

T reat Covered Box (this is awesome...as I always need these trinket boxes!! and the decorating on the outside of the box is really cute and imaginative lol...it's also 1 of a kind as I won't be able to find one like it...every halloween when I put it out i'll think of michelle and this group lol)

C hocolate Pumpkins (only thing better than butterscotch is chocolate lol)

H appy Surprise Lilies (love lilies and don't have any of these so they are my 1st)

I Love it all Michelle...thank you thank you thank you :)

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Katie-Your box was mailed today. Hope you like what I sent.

Melissa-Thinking of you today. Bless you each and every day.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Morning Everyone! So sorry I've been MIA the last few days. I'be been pumpkin'ed right up to my nose :)

Tonight is the Walk. We have 600 decorated pumpkins! PHEW! Teachers, office staff, nurses, even the superintendent decorated one. We have "garden marker" signs for each class decorated by each class and the teachers. The classes really go competitive with their signs. They are all so creative and glittery...very glittery! :)

Have to be back at the school in a short while to start setting up for tonight. I have not mailed out my WITCH yet. Maryanne, I'm so sorry!! I will be mailing it out on Monday. PROMISE :)

Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear about your family. Sending you BIG HUGS and PRAYERS your way.

I see the boxes are flying..or the WITCHES are, lol.

maryanne (earthlydelights) sends to melissa (hazelnutbunny)**SENT**

michelle (micyrey) and dianne (moonfire) send to each other ***Michelle SENT*** Dianne REC'D***

annie (canyonwind) and sue g. (sguanzon) send to each other***Annie SENT***

katie (kchd) and shirley (brittneysgran) send to each other **Katie SENT**Shirley REC'D***Shirley SENT***

And our awesome Friday poem for the day is from my son's Pre-School class...

Pumpkins, pumpkins,
    Round and fat.
    Turn into a Jack O'Lantern,
    just like THAT **then you snap your fingers** ;)

When you see 18 little tikes do this all at once, it is just too cute!!

Have a spooky Friday!
    vina

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Melissa, here's your tracking number 03052200000056083938. hope your spirits are lifting. keeping you in thought and prayer.

I should be prepping for this insane storm of storms that is heading, but I'm not. Instead I'm folding laundry!!!

Maryanne

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Hi Michelle :)

I got your witchy package in the mail...the tracking # is 0311 3268 0000 7254 9333

Hope you like it :)

Dianne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Maryanne-Heard the storm was headed that way..hope everyone stays safe.

I can't believe the only morning I can sleep in and my eyes come wide open at the usual time the alarm goes off. I do need to get busy though. The 3 boxes of daylilies from Sue arrived yesterday so I need to plant those today plus the dreaded house work.

Shirley

• sguanzon
    11 years ago

I received my wonderful box from Annie this week and the one I sent her will pale in comparison. I got:

Woo my feet are cold - cool fuzzy socks
    In the Garden - a Charles Grimaldi Brugmansia cutting I don't have any brugmansia and have always wanted one - this is a beauty - thanks so much!And Garden gloves!
    T - for Thinking Ahead a lovely Christmas ornament
    C -candy yum!
    H - Happy Fall - a lovely kitchen/hand towel and some handmade soaps - smell so good!

Thanks Annie!

Sue G

• kchd
    11 years ago

Shirley - So glad you liked your box o' Witchy goodies. After looking at your daylily and iris 'haves,' I thought it would be taking a chance to send you some you didn't have yet. But, I always like a challenge, and I checked & double checked your list carefully. Plus, I was so happy to discover a local grower of daylilies & iris. You can't beat buying local!

Shirley's awesome box arrived yesterday afternoon. She was so very thoughtful in here selections! She combined both Halloween & Autumn themes, and sent the following:
    A Fall Journal - this is so perfect for me. I am a birder, and always need journals for recording sightings!
    Happy Halloween plaque - which will be great to hang on the front door
    Welcome Harvest Friends wall hanging - with a Tom turkey and a pumpkin on it, which can go up as soon as the Halloween plaque is taken down
    Native Columbine 2 plants - planted these in a perfect spot.
    Seeds: sweet basil, parsley, & cilantro - perfect for my husband's up & coming herb garden!
    Cobweb Hens & Chicks - such cute little plants, they should do well here
    Tiarella - I had to look this one up, and saw that it was a foamflower, which I've seen in my native plant catalogs. Will be another lovely shade plant. Shirley, do you know if this one is a hybrid, or it's species name? It's leaves are just lovely!
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful gifts, and it was fun to get to know more about you and your gardens!

I have only been participating in the round robin swaps since July of this year; but I have noticed that as I get to know folks here on GW & their gardening likes, that I think about things they might like to receive on down the road while I'm out & about amongst the flora. Putting together the boxes for others is quite fun!!

Vina - thanks for hosting! Your enthusiasm, especially for Halloween, is just awesome!

Katie

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Hey everyone, hope you are all warm and dry. We are all under a state of emergency, schools are closed, all activites suspended, public transportation, airports, etc. As long as power remains, life is good. The winds are predicted over 70 mph. Last year this time, we had a freak snowstorm. this storm they are calling the "perfect" storm, with loss and damage in the gazillions.

vina, i would really love to hear more about this pumpkin walk. sounds interesting. my g-babe's school, they do a family scarecrow making night and then they are all on display outside the school, attached to the columns and treets, etc., visible until after the halloween parade, then they all come down. so many neat ones, already have ideas for next year.

nice boxes so far.

stay dry everyone!
    maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Katie the tiarella is Sugar & Spice. Glad you liked your box.

Vina-Thanks for a fun swap this month.

Maryanne-Yesterday was in the high 70's and today it is in the 40's. We are supposed to get high winds as well.

I read on facebook that Jeanne is in New York and spent the day with Remy. The post said she wanted to fly out on Tuesday but no luck now so she will be there all week.

Shirley

• remy_gw
    11 years ago

Hi All,
    Long time no see! I wanted to post the picture of Jeanne at the Buffalo Botanical Gardens with Christine.
    Jeanne did get a flight out which I'm glad, but she would of stayed at the cottage if she didn't get one which would of been better than the airport!
    So because Mother Nature is misbehaving right now, we only got one day together, and it was a good day even though it rained.
    I hope everyone is well.
    Remy

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Speaking of Remy...to funny, I was just on her website. Love her Sample Seed Shop!

Witch Sue, your package arrived today. WONDERFUL!

W...Watsonia bulbs...love Watsonia
    I...Impatiens (Orange New Guinea plant...in great shape)
    T...Tobacco, not the smoking kind LOL...Nicotiana Glauca seeds
    C...Candy...Kit Kat Bar
    H...Hockie Goalie Mask for Halloween (LOL!)

Thanks so much Sue.....You are one fine witch!!!!

And Vina, once again you have hosted a super swap! Thanks so much!

Happy Halloween!!

Witch Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    11 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Maryanne today! She packed so much, I hardly know where to begin!

W- What every homeschooler needs- a math, science/chemistry, home ec project- ROOT BEER KIT (this will be fun!)
    I- In a pinch appetizer- for home or parties - CHEESEBALL MIXES (yummy!)
    T- The HOME GARDENER'S JOURNAL (Oh, so handy to have!)
    C- CARAMEL APPLE (double yummy! I'm hiding this from the kids!)
    H- HALLOWEEN CRAFTS for all the kids (they've already started on these!)

Thank you so much, Maryanne! I absolutely love everything, and it was such a pick-me-up to get in the mail today.

I hope everyone is staying safe through the storm...it seems to be a huge one!

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Melissa, glad the box got there. I was starting to worry it was taking so long and then with all the storm stuff and everything delayed. I totally enjoyed putting it together for you. Glad the kids will enjoy their crafts! I was keeping my fingers crossed that the apple would make it!

The storm, as perhaps you have all seen on the news, was just too much for words. We were safe enough, the other side of town lost power, trees down in lots of places, but nothing in comparison to New York and New Jersey. So very devastating. One town in New York got hit by fire and 80 houses burned down. Boardwalks/amusement piers fell straight into the ocean, homes under water, deluged in sand. My granddaughter's school is closed again tomorrow. The winds were so forceful, I had hoped they would carry away all the leaves I raked, but no, that was wishful thinking on my part. As I drove around earlier today, massive trees split and yet a bale of hay with pumpkins on it, sits exactly where it was originally placed. Go figure.

Be well everyone, stay warm, stay safe!
    Maryanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

Witch Dianne sent me something.....
    W omans world magazene
    I ncense
    T ongue coloring candy
    C asper popping candy
    H ibiscus and honey dew seeds

she sent extra candy for my boys and a small card game.

thanks good use of the witch letters

michelle

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

hi Remy-Miss you, glad to see your post.

Jeanne-So glad you made it home safely. What a storm that Sandy is.

Maryanne-Following all the devastation on the news. So sorry for all the folks who have no homes, power outages and etc. Servpro (a local Company here) sent 4 guys from their Co. that way and some more are leaving in a day or so. My GD dates one of the guys who left today. My Son-In-Law works for the same Co. and has been in Tennessee since early Spring when the hurricane hit there. It destroyed a huge Church there and they are just now finishing up re-building that Church. He does get to come home on week-ends.

Take Care

Shirley

• beth_b_kodiak
    11 years ago

Oh ladies, the devestation on the East Coast is unbelievable. I grew up in Jersey and then spent about 30 years on the lower shore of MD. Most of my friends and nearly all of my family still live there. Of those I have been able to contact or get info about only one nephew has escaped damage. The others have damage of some sort and some have lost everything.

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Nov. nottougly
    Dec. margaret_2007

Faye-You have the month of Nov. Hope you see this.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    11 years ago

Booevening one and all!

Received my WITCH from Vina today, and what a great swap I received.

W- winter sewing fun goody bag (seeds, plant markers and seed envelopes)
    I - incredible spooky goody bag (icky edible gooey blood LOL and a ghost note pad)
    T - totally spooky kitchen towel
    C - Madison County Cookbook (this is fabulous...i already read through a bunch of pages before we went out for the night and have dog earred a couple of things I will make)
    H - Happy Halloween goody bag (lollipops, rings and tattoos - my granddaughter thanks you for thinking of her!)

also included was a halloween bracelet, which is another thing she claimed. it went well with her outfit!

thanks so much Vina, it's been a while since I swapped and this certainly was a lot of fun.

Jeanne, welcome home.

Shirley, I think it's so commendable what sacrifices people make to help others in such dire times. it's going to take forever and a day to right the results of this storm.

fun swap, glad i entered. looking forward to hearing about the next one.

hope all the kiddies got bags of goodies. we put together a big ziploc for the sharing bin at school, so that has to tell you just how much we still have!!!!!

be well everyone!
    Maryanne

• brittneysgran
    11 years ago

Sheila (My DD) loves dressing up for Halloween, the other two young ladies are my great nieces.

Dawson is in the middle with his two cousins. They are the Blues Brothers.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good Afternoon Everyone!!
    I'M SO SORRY it has taken me this long to post. Bracing for Sandy, and then, after Sandy...we've been a little busy. But, thank goodness no where close to the aweful devestation in lower NY and NJ. My prayers are with those poor people. We only lost power, a part of a tree went down and some siding blew off the garage. Even with that little bit we are just now getting back into the swing of things.

Those poor people I'm watching on the news, my heart just breaks for them. :(

Maryanne, so glad the package made it to you. I was a little worried with the way it was a kinda overstuffed, lol.

The pumpkin walk went terrific. We did have splendid weather for that. We had over 200 kids show up to claim their pumpkins. For a first year event, we think it was a super success. :)

The packages are certainly flyin....

vina (flowergirl34) sends to maryanne (earthlydelights)***SENT***REC'D***

maryanne (earthlydelights) sends to melissa (hazelnutbunny)**SENT**REC'D***

michelle (micyrey) and dianne (moonfire) send to each other ***Michelle SENT*** Dianne REC'D***Dianne SENT***Michelle REC'D***

annie (canyonwind) and sue g. (sguanzon) send to each other***Annie SENT***Sue REC'D***Sue SENT***Annie REC'D***

katie (kchd) and shirley (brittneysgran) send to each other **Katie SENT**Shirley REC'D***Shirley SENT***Katie REC'D***

I'm loving all the picture...Blues Brothers are priceless!

And, I believe this wraps up this swap...

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!! THIS HAS BEEN A FABULOUS OCTOBER!! Now, lets get ready for some Turkey...yum!!

Talk to you soon!
    vina

• veeja11
    11 years ago

ok between closin in hollidays, a mean lady named sandy and life we seem stuck so I was a thinkin maybe bunnies oldest could plan andhave a chisfurkey white elephant type swap encompassing both nov and dec it would be experience for then in organizing, creating boxes and helpin out old ladies for the hollidays, what ya think mommy ?I'm sure us oldies would enjoy the break and bunnies poor kids could finally get some computer time, just a thought let me know what you think of the idea, big hugs carol

• veeja11
    11 years ago

sorry just found the nov swap, maybe the kids could take on the next month we have no hostess for, carol is gettin senile sorry