Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: November Birthday Buddies For seed Extranaganza

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

November Birthday Buddies are...........

Just1morehosta November 8

Alwaysagarden November 24

{{gwi:1303327}}

THANKS again to you all for making this swap so much fun, and I hope to see you ALL, in the Santa Swap !

Comments (49)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Month Carol and Cindy!!!
    Hope the whole month is special!
    BD HUGS
    Dorothy

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Is Dan feeling better? No cakess yet.
    Hope everyone is well
    Dorothy

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Cindy.You and I share November. :0)
    Well, I will start,since my Bday is first.
    November 8th, i will turn 62.I can not believe it,where has all the time gone.I signed up for Soc Sec. never did i think THAT,would hasppen, but alas,it has.SIGHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    I am a mother of 4,grandmother of 6,4 boys,and two girls.
    I am married,my husband helps me with all the(no, not all, ,but a lot )labor in gardening,i dig my own holes and plant all my own plants, but he does all the constructon i can dream up,ha ha,and i do dream.
    I grow mostly hosta,but am learning about perennials,i never had sun to play in, but we took down several trees,and now i do.It is a good thing.
    I was not going to post a "Wish" list, but then i thought,yes, i will.teehee
    I got most of this from the new T&M seed catalog, so most of it is not even avaiable in traded seed yet,but i thought i would post it any way.Hope that is ok.
    Here is what I found to be interesting:Cosmos 'Double Click Snow Puff'
    Cosmoa 'Sweet Sixteen'
    Sweet Pea 'Blue Ripple'
    Sweet Pea 'Elegant Ladies'
    Butterfly Pea
    all,All,ALL,Japanese Morning Glories,Love,Love,Love them.
    Hairy Balls--now i am blushing---
    Agastache 'Apricot Sprite'
    Antirrhinum 'Tequila Sunrise'
    """"""""""" 'Frosted Lavender Bells'
    """"""""""" 'Royal Bride'
    Aster 'Spider Mix'
    Aster 'Florette Champagne'
    Centaurea 'The Bride'
    Celosia 'Flamingo Feather'
    Inula orientalis
    Monarda 'Bergamo'
    Osteospermum pluvalis 'Glisting White'
    Salva 'Artemis
    Salva 'Phoeniz Bright Lilac and 'Sangria'
    WOW, that is a long list.
    I really do not expect any thing,but a "Cake" would be fun.
    cAROL

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday to you too Carol! Yes we are the two last Birthday people for the year...: )
    This will be my last year in my 40's and I can't believe it! Time truly does seem to fly by the older you get. I don't have a hubby at the moment and though I do love being single I would love to meet a really special man to spend the rest of my life with.
    Gardening is my favorite hobby. I can spend hours just puttering, transplanting, pruning, watering... I never tire of it.
    These are some of my favorite flowers

Larkspur- Purples/ Pinks
    Morning Glory- Japanese Any- Milky Way- Tie Dye
    Clarkia- Any
    Pansy/Viola- Any
    Nasturtium- Any Red
    Thank you so much everyone. Kym that's one sexy little fairy up there.. sure wish I still had a shape like that! : )
    Cindy

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Cindy,
    Can you tell us a little about your self?This is how we will get to know you.
    cAROL

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi All!

I mailed two cards out today, I wonder who they are for...lol Happy mailboxing girls!

Lisa

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Okay Carol,
    Like I said this will be my last year in my 40's... and I just can't believe it!!! Gardening is my passion. This past year was my first year trying Winter Sowing. I was amazed at how many baby plants I had and then wondered where I would plant them all. I live in Northern CA and summers here get past 100 degrees so I have to make sure most of what I grow in the late Spring will be able to tolerate the heat.
    I'm single, never married. Engaged once but found out some things about him that he hid very well and called it off. I do hope to marry one day but he will have to be a great guy with like interests. I don't have children but have 2 nieces, one 18 and in her first year in college. Two nephews 16 and 14. They are all great kids and I have a blast with them.
    I have a real sweet gray cat named Smokey that I rescued from the animal shelter.
    I take walks with my friends on different trails here in town and always have a small brown bag with me to grab any drying seed heads from plants.
    I love going to antique stores, farmers markets, yard sales, anywhere I can find a bargain and something unusual!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Oh Cindy,
    You sound like my kinda gal.I love all the same things you do, except i do have a hubby.
    Used to have a gray cat named Smokey,he was as soft as a rabbit,is your Smokey the same?
    My daughter just turned 42,yesterday.42,was a wonderful year for me.I will be 62,tomorrow,tried really hard to have my girl on my Bday,almost made it,ha ha Wouldn't that have been grand!Your best years are still to come,trust me.
    cAROL

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Oh My Gosh,
    Late last night hubby brought in the mail,he hands me a small package,says"I think you got more seeds"either that, or theres a rattle snake in there.ha ha
    I open it up, and to my delightfull surprise,It is a Birthday Card for Coleen,how darn sweet is that!
    Written on heart shaped paper,with little red lady bugs all over it.I love hand writtn notes don't you guys.
    Along with my Birthday Card, she went way over board,and sent me the following goodies.
    1.4 o:clocks-broken colors,I tryed to grow these last year,they only got about 6 inches tall, so i am happy i will be able to try again.
    2.Blanket Flower,Burgundy,I actually tryed to buy this last week on e bay,so this is a wonderful surprise.
    3.Littleaf Pearshrub-I need to look this one up.
    4.Zabrina,Mallow French Hollyhock,love the name,i will look this one up also.
    5.One whole package os Sweet Peas-I LOVE Sweet Peas.
    6.One whole pack of Mixed Wildflower,looks very pretty
    7.One whole pack of Zinnia,Lilliput Mix
    8.One whole pack of tomato
    9.One whole pack of Mimosa,Sensitive Plant,will look up
    10.One whole pack of Forget-me=nots
    11.One whole pack of Morning Glories,Heavenly Blue,I adore MG.In my book, you can NEVER,EVER,have to many.
    Cosmos,Phlox,Bachelors Buttons,and Lobellia,all whole packs.
    I know!
    Thank you so very much,you went way over board.And I Loved It!:0)
    PS.
    speaking now in a soft wisper,``````````````````````
    I have your card sitting here on the kitchen table,been here for about 3 weeks,shame on me.I'm sorry.
    I will get it out on Monday.
    Again,Thank you.
    cAROL

• colcol
    14 years ago

Ah shucks! I knew I mailed it too soon! I wanted it to get there on your birthday day. It's so hard to plan! HA! Glad it arrived & that you enjoyed it :)
    colcol

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Hello Ladies! I'm back, feeling MUCH better, and best of all, I've got the house sanitized once again! (much thanks to my friend Joe!!!) I had cards for the October kids all ready to go out, but wound up throwing out those cards. I did NOT want to send any germs as party favors! So, tonight I went to the store, bought new cards for October and November, and will be sending out different seeds come Monday morning.
    Now, I see that no one has baked a cake for our November birthday kids yet, so I'll go whip one up right now...
    . ..
    . Okay, after slaving in the kitchen, for hours, I might add, here's November's Birthday Cake! Carol and Cindy, the first two pieces are yours! Enjoy!!!

p.s. Since this month can get a bit hectic, I thought I'd bake us all a rum cake. And yes, this one is absolutely soaked in rum! But don't tell anyone, okay? (hiccup)
    -Dan

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Oh Dan, so nice to see you back,i was wondering if Cindy and i were going to get a cake.And a Rum cake at that,yummy.
    Cindy, you cut the first piece for your self,i want an end piece,are we haning coffee,tea,or coke-a-cola, with our rum?
    cAROL

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Carol, there's enough rum in that cake, and icing, that you probably won't need anything else to drink. But, if you must, I'd suggest coke! LOL! Happy drinking, er, I mean, eating!

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday cAROL!!!

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday, Carol! Hope you have a fantastic day!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

**********************Happy Birthday To Me*****************
    Hi gang,thank you all for the Birthday Wishes,so far, so good.
    Guess what my hubby bought me?
    Ok, I know some of you hate guessing games.
    He bought me a Nikon,coolPIX L100 Digital Camera.YIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKS!!!What a nice gift eh.
    The camera i have now,for some reason, after just a few shots, the batteries go dead,this one is like a Cadillac of cameras to me.
    I will be able to take some nice pictures of bugs,and other garden related wonders.
    But first, SOMEONE,is going to have to teach me how to use it,ha ha,and it won't be hubby, he is challenged, when it comes to electronics.Any of you guys live close????
    We are having another beautiful day today,the last two have been just wonderful.
    I am hoping to get my new bed started today,i have a forest of leaves,they are going to good use this year.
    I was going to lay down some cardboard, then lots of shredded leaves, some garden soil on top of that, then some more leaves,and then some more soil, let it set all winter, and plant in it this spring, is this gonna work for me?
    Every one have a Great Day,and thank you for thinking of me today.
    cAROL
    dAN,cInDY, i Am sorRy,i cuT thE cAKe latE laSt niGhT,i wAs In bEd,wHen I rEMemBerEd,thE RE WAS CAkE,So i qUiEtly Got oUt Of BeD,cAme DOwn stAiRs,And hAd mE sOME,wElL, I HaD a cOuPLE O F PIEcEs,yowZZaaaAaaaA,i dOn't EveN ReMeMbeR GoInG BaCk Up To bED.sLePT LiKe a bAbY.i sTiLl FeEl FiNe.
    dAn,Ya MigHt hAvE To bAkE CIndY HeR OwN cAkE,i DiDn'T MeAn tO bE sUcH PiG.
    yOu dO BaKe a MeAn CaKe dAn.SaNk yOu.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happpy Birthday Carol !! Looks like You got a good amount of Dan's cake...lol too funny! Dan, go easy on the rum next time..

Dan glad ur doing better !! BOTH of my kids have been battlin swine flu AND bronchitis..has been a long few weeks here. I hope you ALL are well , and I cannot BELEIVE we are in NOVEMBER !

Thanks again to you all for makin the swap GREAT !! Hope to see you all in the Secret Santa Swap Again ..

• colcol
    14 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!!
    Oh, sounds like you realllly enjoyed the cake!!! And, it sounds like if we're fast, we can get a piece too! What fun!

Dan, very happy to hear your amungst the party gang again! I mean the birthday celebration group.

Sounds like you had quite a time disinfecting! But, on the bright side your spring cleaning should be done already!

flowers4ever, wishing your family an end soon to the illness!

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

I am embarassed once again.

First, I wanted to join this swap, but I had construction going on and life just became too stressful for awhile. I thought I notified Kym, but she never got a message from me. I didn't fill out a wish list, and thought I was dropped.

I had used ICQ mail for years for things like this then it became part of AOL. After trying to get into my mailbox for weeks, I finally gave up. (I have another mailbox). Weeks and weeks later I tried it again and it worked. I had hundreds of emails so I just deleted them all and started over. In May, I received a birthday card from dimples31312 and cards with seeds from shropshire_lad, taz56, and dirtduchess. I sent them thank-yous and contacted Kym.

A few months later, I had an email message that gave my name and said I had a birthday that month. I quickly wrote back to Kym and "copied" to everyone that I was not in the swap, nor was it my birthday, and to please not include me. LOL

Today, I received another birthday card with seeds that I am sure belongs to another Carol. Carol, if you will contact me, I will be happy to mail it to you.

I am so sorry that I have caused so much confusion. I loved getting the cards, but I am way too old to have three birthdays in one year. I will be happy to send this to the right person if someone will email the address. Thanks again. Carol

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

I think this is funny.:0)
    Enjoy!
    cAROL

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Carol!! I hope you had a wonderful day ; )
    Thank you Dan for the wonderful cake, I just love it! So very glad to hear you are feeling much better. I'll bet Bump and Stella are too!!

Carol you are just too funny! ; )

Cindy

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hello All!

I was the one who sent a card to soonergrand. The address and name that I have for always a gardener is Carol and the addy that I sent to.

Cindy, If you could send me your addy, I'll try to get another card out to you.

Lisa

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Good morning one and all,
    I received my card yesterday,thank you so much Lisa,I am trying to get a butterfly garden started,and the Gailardia,Fanfair,& Gailardia,Burgandy,will be just wonderful,you are very kind and thoughtful,I wish it was time to get started,ha ha.Thank you,:0)
    If I remember right,there are several Carols here,that is why i sign my name the way i do,so that when i say someting i shouldn;t. the other Carol,does not get blamed.
    Lisa, you are right,i have that same info.??????
    Happy Birthday to us all then,:0)
    cAROL

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Carol,

I'm glad at least one card was mailed to the right person..lol

Cindy, If you get a minute please email me your addy, I told soonergrand to keep the seeds that I sent.

Lisa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

As I had said before, For some reason I kept mixing up Carol and Cindy when the Christmas Swwap was goin on..and it ran into this swap..When I mailed addresses in OCT..Carol wrote and told me, so I resent the addresses in NOV with the correction.

I am sorry I made a mistake on the address, Carol and Cindy forgive me !!

Lisa, If u want I can send a card to Cindy to cover the one you sent.

ALSO, the Christmas swap has been posted..Hope you all will join !! My daughter has been collecting info for the games )

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Just stopping by for a moment before curling up for a nap to say there are more cards flying tonight! I sent to the October and November girls today... We'll see who gets what...

g'nite all!

Peace.
    -Dan

• carol57078
    14 years ago

Happy birthday to Carol and Cindy

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hey you guys,
    The party is not over yet,come see what I got today!!
    I received 3 more cards today,with really nice seeds.
    From Amy*morguegirl,A hand made Card,really pretty too.
    Lime Green,with one large flower head in the center,and two smaller ones,one on each side.Lavender with small polka dots,and pink with whits polkadotts.Cut all the way around with a pinking shears.
    Inside there are 4 packs of seeds.Zinnia*Orange Profusion,I will love this one.
    Dahlia,dwarf,mix,I will need to look these up.
    And two different kinds of MG,S**Scarlett O'Hara & Pearly Gates.I adore Morning Glories,one can never have to many.
    Thank you so much Amy,I loved them all, and the card was so nice.

I received a funny card from Dan,yes Dan, I am just a little "Over the Hill",ha ha
    Dan sent me Chocolate Flower,I will need to look this one up,sounds 'delicious;though
    Celosia*need to look up
    and Love-lies-bleeding,I have been turning this one over in my mind,now it is settled,I will grow it this year.
    Thank you Dan
    And a Birthday Card form our Sue*suecirish*The card looks almost like snow,but it is confetti,with lots of different Birthday hats,all different colors.(SUE, YOUR HAND WRITTING IS JUST BEAUTIFUL)She sent me Aster'Ballet Mix'will look up
    and
    Imila Elecampane??(spelling?)
    The seed packs are the cutest little packs,how did you make these Sue?
    They are white,with nice lines for writing the names of the seed,and computer printing who they are from,and pretty little birthday presents in the corner, with a stamp on the back.Very nice.
    Thank you all, this has been the best Birthday ever.
    cAROL

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Hi Carol! So much for my nice handwriting LOL... it's supposed to be Inula [aka] Elecmpane. Also I thought the Aster 'Ballet Mix' kinda looked like the Aster 'Florette Champagne' you had on your list. Glad you liked the seed packets - the magic of Microsoft Word is all I used. Hope they keep reminding how much fun your Birthday was at Gardenweb!
    Sue ~ Suecirish

• colcol
    14 years ago

WOW! The birthday just goes on & on! Today was a surprize with 2 more cards!~ Thank you Dan & Carol!!! You both sent me daylily seeds -- YAHOO! I'm dealing with a daylily addiction now. I think there's more named daylilies than iris! Anyway, getting back to topic...
    Carol sent a really really cool sunflower notecard! And I really enjoyed your note! Sunflower Junior Dwarf - Oh yes! Very special! and Green Envy Zinnia, and lavender also! Thank you so much!!!
    Dan, your card -- too cute! Pinata saying kids coming with baseball to "help" him down! Columbine MAGPIE -- YES one of my most wanted ;); and 4 others from my list; thank you very very much both of you!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

OMGosh,
    I received another card today.
    Margarita,sent me a nice card,with,OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA,
    Morning Glory "Minibar Rose"
    Morning Glory "Noah"
    and
    Morning Glory "Scarlet O Hara"(reminds me of Gone With the Wind)
    And a full pack of Celosia,mix.
    Thank you every one for making my birthday so special.
    cAROL

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

Cindy - I got one of your birthday cards today. Let me know where to forward it. Thanks. Carol

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

I just want to send out a BIG THANK YOU to Coleen (colcol) for the wonderful assortment of seeds she sent me!! Wow, I am going to have so much fun planting these next Spring!

Thank you sooooo much!!!! ; )

Cindy

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Carol57078,
    Thank you so much for my wonderful Birthday card,It is so pretty, I love sparkles,and some of my most favorite colors are lime green and lavender,are you psychic?ha ha
    I also received from Carol,Lily Trimphator,I will need to look these up,and YES!!!!,
    Gaillardia,burgundy
    Gaillardia,goblin
    and Gazania,I can't wait to start WSing,My trays are all ready,I hope to have a lovely butterfly garden next year.I will think of you when they are in bloom,and the butterflies will thank you also.
    Thank you Carol.
    cAROL

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

I got 2 more Birthday cards today both contained lovely assortments of seeds!
    A big THANK YOU to Carol57078 and J.J. shropshire_lad!!

I just love all these wonderful seeds from all of you very generous gardeners, I am going to have such a pretty garden next year ;)))

Cindy

• colcol
    14 years ago

Hello all! Today I received a bd greeting from carol57078 with 4 packets of seeds! I don't think I have a burgendy & White columbine!!! :)) AND I LOVE sky blue delphinium -- I saw it at a nursery and just fell in love with it! THANK you so much!!! the sweet peas I will plant at my moms where we can both enjoy it. and 4 O clocks are my favorite too!
    I love the sparkly glittery flower card!

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

Cindy - You card has been forwarded. Carol

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

I received another card today.
    A very nice card form Michelle, with a pretty hanging basket on the front,and real pretty flowers spilling out,inside was two packs of flower seeds,love them both,thank you Michelle,I got Obedient Plant,pinkish purple,love it.
    and Salvia,Snow Nymph,whooo whooooooo,how nice is that!!!
    Happy Birthday to me,:0)
    cAROL

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

I got 3 more Birthday cards today!! One from Carol (just1morehosta), one from Dan (dan the mailman) and one from Michelle (micyrey)...thank you all so much!! Each card had some wonderful seeds I want to try in my garden next Spring. My seed stash is really growing because of all you special gardeners ; )

Cindy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happy Birthdy Alwaysagarden ...CIndy !! May you have a wonderful day !!!

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Cindy,
    Hope you have a great day!!

Heidi

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday, Cindy!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Cindy,
    ((((((((((((((((((((HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU)))))))))))))
    hOPE YOUR DAY HAS BEEN A GOOD ONE.

Enjoy!!!!!!
    cAROL

• colcol
    14 years ago

Ditto! Hope your day was a great one!!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago
  • grovespirit
    14 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday Cindy, I was off-Net on your B-day due to family reunion...

Hope you had a great B-day!!

Grovespirit

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

I'm embarassed to admit this... I just "cleaned" off my counter where I put my mail and found 2 birthday cards....

Ellie (aphroditelaughs) and Dawn (aunt nawnee) sent seeds for my birthday...

Thank you so much, and I apologise for not responding sooner.

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Imagin my surprise today,when i go out to the mail box,and there is a Birthday Card from,AuntNawnee-Dawn-with a nice pack of wildflower seed,Thank you,Dawn,the card is very nice also,so nice of you to think of me a month later,these are the best,i love surprises.:0)
    cAROL

Sponsored
Landmark Surfaces / United Granite
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Award Winning Countertop Fabricator & Installer in Northern Virginia