Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: New Spectacular Fresh Fall Seed Swap 2008

godsgarden9
15 years ago

Welcome to the New Spectacular Fresh Fall Seed Swap 2008

For those that already have participated in my Back to School Swap, its the same directions so you have until November 31st to get your seeds in, then I can have to you before Christmas..... Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas.

DIRECTIONS FOR SPECTACULAR FRESH FALL SEED SWAP:

1) Sign up today, whether you a a seasoned veteran or a newbie, this is the best way, and easiest way to get new seeds, so try it and you'll love it.... guaranteed...

2) Please Note: If you keep your email hidden, email me at godsgarden9@yahoo.com for where to mail the seeds to.

3) Seeds per package: This is a general minimum, so not the law, just to give some general guidelines.. use your own discretion, many give more seeds, thats up to you... Large- if unusual seeds(6+), if cheap ex, Mammoth-sunflowers, (12+), Medium (20+), Small(35+). Tiny (50+), if common seeds you can add more, if specialty seeds you can add less.. just a guideline...

4) Please list the seeds you send me, this will help, so you will get little of your own seeds back, include enough postage to return your new seeds back to you, and a sticker with your return address is good, I can reuse the envelopes you send to me. If you have a wish list, if able will try to give you some of your wants if possible.

5) I will try to reward those that send more unusual or unique seeds, with filling their wish list or more unusual ones in return, but everyone should receive a nice selection regardless of what you send. But will get what people send in.

6)If you have any other questions you can contact me at godsgarden9@yahoo.com.

7) So what are you waiting for, you have two months, and even if you are a little late, for some reason, you can send your seeds in late... so sign on today.. many of you that sent in for Back to School, will soon be receiving your seed packets.. enjoy yourself and be blest.. Willy.

Comments (137)

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi Willy!
    I sent my seeds out yesterday. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    and thanks so much for hosting another great swap!

Monica

• jworth
    15 years ago

Hello!
    I've never participated in a swap before, but it sounds like great fun! I will mail my seeds tomorrow.

J

• ramazz
    15 years ago

Mine went out today. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Becky

• gee_oh_nyc
    15 years ago

Seeds are on their way to you Willy.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving, everyone!
    Peace
    George

• mach_y
    15 years ago

My first swap, can't wait!! My seeds shipped this morning :)

All the best,
    Mark

• dancinginthegarden
    15 years ago

Hi Willy,

Just found your posting. I'm new to WS and only have a few seed packets to share. Please count me in and THANK YOU!

I'll be sending you an email today and mailing my seeds tomorrow.

Dancing in the Garden

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Hi Willy,

As usual of late, I am running behind, but my seeds are all packaged and labeled, just need to put them in my envie. I will get them in the mail tomorrow. I hope this doesnt cause too much delay. Sorry!! :(

Karen

• greensingh
    15 years ago

I mailed my seeds today.
    Cheers,
    greensingh

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Bump! Eagerly awaiting! I hope you're not overwhelmed, Willy.

• drippy
    15 years ago

Boo, I don't know if Willy answered you in an email or not, but I just want to tell you I've been participating in his swaps for a few years, and he is a great host. He's a member of the clergy, so this is a really busy time of year for him - and a ton of people signed up for this swap, too, so I'm sure he's got scads of sorting to do in between the extra services that often happen at this time of year. He typically has a fairly speedy turnaround time, but if we have to wait, the results will be well worth waiting for - of that I have no doubt.

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Drippy, thanks for responding. I guess I was spoiled in the "Back to School Swap" he sponsored. I got seeds back amazingly fast. I wasn't meaning to pester him. Just curious. I'm like a little kid every time I get seeds in the mail.

• Rachelle
    15 years ago

Hi, Willie. When can we expect the seeds from the November exchange? I mailed 300 seeds in late November.

Thanks! Rachelle DeLaurier / GardenPrincess

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Wondering the same, thanks for asking Rachelle.

Cindy : )

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

The instructions for the swap indicate that they will be mailed out by Christmas so it won't be much longer.

• shadyside
    15 years ago

Just bumping this up and very excited that the time is drawing near!!

• suecirish
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today! Yippee! Thank you so much Willy. Will be able to take time later to go through and study and sort what I received, but at first glance it looks really great! Only one question - what is St. Patrick's Amaranthus?

• ptp813
    15 years ago

I received my seeds today. I hate to admit I've been so busy with other things I completely forgot about it. :) It was a wonderful surprise to receive them.

Thanks so much,
    Pam

• morguegirl
    15 years ago

Hi All,

Just received my seeds yesterday. Thanks Willy.I got tons of great stuff.This has been a really great swap.
    Happy Holidays all!

Amy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday(didn't check the mail until today) and I have to say, what a GREAT selection of seeds!! I'm always amazed when I receive a bunch of seeds that I've yet to hear of!! Thanks for hosting this Willy, great swap!!

Karen

• threeshyacres
    15 years ago

Hello Willy,

I also received my seeds on either Friday or Saturday....what fun! There are so many that I need to look up on Google, and that is a great thing! I also received many wonderful varieties that I do know, but did not already have.

Thanks so much, and count me in for next year!

Happy Holidays,
    Jodi B.

'ThreeSHyAcres'
    : )

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Willy,
    I received my seeds today and I was so excited. It's about 10 degrees here with a wind chill factor of -10 so thoughts of spring are definately welcome!! Thanks so much!! Linda

• drippy
    15 years ago

Hi, Willy - you've done it again! I received my lovely selection of seeds today. If I had nothing in my garden, this would be enough to have a magnificent cottage garden with. Thank you so much for your time and effort, and I am delighted (as usual)with the result!

• gee_oh_nyc
    15 years ago

Thanks Willy, and everyone! This is a great assortment.
    Now to get wintersowing!
    I hope your holidays are a blessing to you all.
    Peace
    George

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Thank you Willy for hosting this swap and for everyone who participated. Really enjoyed checking the mail today and later digging through all those seeds. Some will require googling.

I did get a package of hyacinth bean vine which read, "purple pods and flowers. Edible when tender-young, in small quantities." I don't know why anyone would write that on hyacinth bean vine seeds. So in case anyone else got seeds saying the same thing, HYACINTH BEAN VINE SEEDS AND SEED SHELLS ARE HIGHLY TOXIC DO NOT EAT THEM!!!

Best to you and Happy Holidays!!,
    quiltingfox

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Received my seeds today. Thanks so much for all your efforts Willy!

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I received my seeds today! Thank you Willy, and thanks to all of the folks who sent in seeds. I got a few really choice ones that make all of that packaging and labeling really worthwhile.
    Alana

• sandycj
    15 years ago

Hi, I received my seeds today. Thanks Willy for all the work that you put into all this.

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

I received my seeds today too!

Thanks so much to Willie for all the hard work sorting and to everyone for such a great selection.

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Willy,
    Package of seeds came in the mail today. Got a few that look like they will be very pretty in my garden. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Cindy

• maria
    15 years ago

Hello Willy,

The package arrived today with a huge assortment of seeds. Thank you, Willy, for hosting this RR and many thanks to everyone who joined and shared their seeds. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a healthy, bountiful 2009.

Happy sowing!

Maria

• wishdesign
    15 years ago

I got my package too, and I'm really excited about some of the seeds I got. Thank you so much, Willy and everyone who participated in this swap! Happy holidays to all!

--Jean

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I received my seeds to day WOW thank you all. Just finished w/ wrapping and looking forward to researching my new seeds. Happy Holidays to all of you!!

Thank you Willy!!

Annette-playintheyard

• colcol
    15 years ago

Ditto for me too! Totally fun Christmas gift! So many in there my little heart desired! Thank you all so very very very much!
    colcol - Coleen Thompson

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Received my package today....WOW!!!!! What a wonderful array of goodies!!!! I'm so excited...gotta start looking things up to see what they are....lol

Thank you everyone for your trades and Willy for hosting this wonderful swap! What a wonderful Christmas Gift!!!!!!

Thanks again :)

Blessings and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

• greensingh
    15 years ago

I received my seeds and a lot of surprizes there. Thanks for another great swap Willy. Happy holidays, Manny

• ramazz
    15 years ago

I received my seeds, too, and am thrilled with the wonderful selection. I am so looking forward to getting these growing in my yard.

Thanks so much, Willy, for all of your hard work in organizing this swap and getting all of these seeds sent out before Christmas.

Best wishes,
    Becky

• shadyside
    15 years ago

I received mine yesterday, along with the other swap I was waiting for...wow!! I'm overwhelmed and thank you Willie and everyone whose seeds I got. I can't wait to see them grow.--Merry Christmas to all.

• jas_il
    15 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday.
    Thank you so much Willie for all the hard work sorting and to everyone for such a great selection.

Jasmine

• austinnhanasmom
    15 years ago

Received seeds yesterday - Denver area

THANKS to Willy and all who participated -

Happy Holidays -

• northforker
    15 years ago

My package arrived yesterday too and I had a great time going through it and seeing all the "goodies"!!!!

Thanks to Willy for another great swap!!!!

Nancy

• rbrady
    15 years ago

I received my seeds, thank you Willy for all your work and for the wonderful selections. It will be fun looking up all the new seeds.

Rhonda

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Got my seeds today, actually they were around in neighbor's mailbox yesterday, thank you Willy, especially for the sweet peas, planting them asap. Weather's fooling us and plants, can't possibly be early spring already, even zinnias are reseeding themselves.
    Happy New Year!! and all the best to you and all.

GB, Bea

• evonnestoryteller
    15 years ago

Mine did not arrive yet. I am hoping either the mailings are staggered or the holiday mail slowed the shipment down!

• roflol
    15 years ago

27 people have posted they received theirs so far... I didn't go back and check but I think there were a lot more than that who signed up. Granted, not everybody comes back to post they received theirs. I also requested nothing back if it wasn't on my wants list, but just wondering if that's going to be the case - could you let me know, please, Willie? Thanks either way. :]

Terri

• chitownladyd
    15 years ago

Willie,

Received your wonderfully generous seed package. Thanks so much for all you do.

All the best and many blessings in the new year.

La Donna

• evonnestoryteller
    15 years ago

If anyone knows if this swap is over and completed, I would appreciate hearing from them. I have not received my seeds so far.

• roflol
    15 years ago

I don't think he's completely done yet. I emailed him direct and he replied, said he still has mine, got overwhelmed with life stuff and plans to send it soon. Sorry, Evonne, I meant to forward that to you right off.

• evonnestoryteller
    15 years ago

Thanks for the note!

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Gosh that's a long time to wait for your seeds. Hope Willy is doing okay and that you both do get your seeds soon. If either one of you winter sow I'm sure your anxious to get some of those seeds started.

Cindy

• roflol
    15 years ago

Heya! I received my seeds in the mail Monday. On checking with Evonne at that point, though, she had not received hers yet. Here's hoping she hears from Willy soon. :]