Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovefarac1

new: obf-thanksgiving blessings

Melinda Hagen
10 years ago

It is that time of year again, FAll, Thanksgiving, and time to look back and reminisce about all the blessings we have had in our life. Most have to do with family and friends.

So, for this swap we are going to be doing the words FAMILY or the word FRIEND. Pick one of these to use (not both) and then send things that match these letters. But for the A in family and the R in friend, I would like you to send a recipe that you make in your traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. If you don't do a traditional one, any recipe that would be good on a holiday would do. EXAMPLE-
F-
R-recipe
I-
E-
N-
D-
Also pick 3 packs of seeds that match the letters to send to your partner. And not on the word, please send a nice Thanksgiving card.
So that leaves 2 letters to send what you want!

Please use bubble mailer.
Please use tracking #
Please have fun with this!
Should be a SIMPLE AND INEXPENSIVE one to do.

I will be doing a couple games. One of which is a bingo, as most of you, I love doing the bingos.
I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving traditions, your families, and friends also!

I will take signups until the 9th and partners will be posted on the 10th. Please mail by the 20th so your partner can receive by Thanksgiving.

This is a closed group, so if you would like to join, please contact Carol Bea or Shirley.

So let's have fun and start the signups!
Bless you all and Have a Happy Halloween!
Melinda

Comments (111)

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here are today's Bingo Words!

kid's table
    parade

Previously used words:
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Plymouth rock
    hunting
    corn
    gravy
    cornucopia
    apple cider
    pilgrim's hat
    turkey
    mashed potatoes
    oysters
    Provincetown
    pumpkin pie
    turkey drumstick
    fruit salad
    Massachusetts
    November
    harvest
    bows/arrows
    cranberries
    Indians
    muskets
    turkey giblets

Good luck! I will catch up on posts tomorrow!
    Good night, Melinda

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

My BINGO started off great but has went down hill, still only 7 words.

Shirley

• margaret_2007
    10 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Had lots of rain today , getting some tomorrow & maybe rain mixed with snow for Friday, then lots colder the weekend. It's that time of year for us in Iowa, huh, Mellon? Thanks for asking about the coral bells. I really like all of them & planted some miniatures this fall. If you have some extra this next Spring, please let me know. Maybe we can trade some.

Melinda- I sent your package today & hope you enjoy all things in it. The tracking # is 9114 9011 5981 5569 7501 56
    It shouldn't take too long to get to Ark. from here so maybe by Saturday.

Pray all are doing well. Blessings, Margaret

• margaret_2007
    10 years ago

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Had lots of rain today , getting some tomorrow & maybe rain mixed with snow for Friday, then lots colder the weekend. It's that time of year for us in Iowa, huh, Mellon? Thanks for asking about the coral bells. I really like all of them & planted some miniatures this fall. If you have some extra this next Spring, please let me know. Maybe we can trade some.

Melinda- I sent your package today & hope you enjoy all things in it. The tracking # is 9114 9011 5981 5569 7501 56
    It shouldn't take too long to get to Ark. from here so maybe by Saturday.

Pray all are doing well. Blessings, Margaret

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Well temps are going up a little woke up to 24 degrees...brrrrrrr.....Its cold! LOL

Annie - Ill be watching for your package, thanks for letting me know. =)

Shirley - yes Im not big on the TV, games, xboxing, and those sorts of things....Im very happy with the martial arts program he is in, Im very thankful and very proud of him and he is doing his best and enjoys it. He was promoted to leadership only about a month ago (which means he is helping others now =)

Melinda - I sent you an email for the unscramble game.

Enjoy the day ladies! Im cleaning and organizing today!

Jaye

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Beth, just found your package at the front door. I am headed out the door in a few minutes....will open and post later today.

Enjoy the day!!

Annie

• mellen
    10 years ago

Shirley, I have not forgot you. I will let you know when I send.

Seems like we went from summer to winter temperature-wise. We almost always have more moderate temps in Oct/Nov. It is just plain cold. Still have Spring bulbs to plant. Kept waiting for those 'warmer' temps, but it seems it's not to be. I WILL still get the bulbs out, though.

Margaret, I have LOTS of coral bells. Some I still have the names, and some have lost their name tags. I will gladly send you any in the Spring.

Is anyone even close to a Bingo? I'm not! But it is fun to play.

My sister, Carol, has been here the past 3 days with her dog. We always have the BEST time. The plan was to bake pumpkin 'stuff.' But after she got here, she just wanted to hang out.....which was fine with me. She now lives with Mom 45 min. away so we do get to see each other often. I am soooo glad she moved back to Iowa from Texas. I am being selfish.

Have a super day, all.
    ME

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Hey Annie! part 2 of your wonderful package arrived! =)

F - For a change, some different cabbage..tonchuda cabbage, and savoy di piarenza cabbage wow! these sound good! (love cabbage!)

R - Recipe..."cream spinach" cant wait to try this!

I - I know you like peppers.... I sure do! pepper seeds were Yellow peter pepper (been trying to find this all year! LOL) Caloro Pepper and Shishito Pepper...cant wait to get these started!

E - Eat your spinach... spinach seeds were Hablitzia Tamnoides, and Red Malabar Spinach

N - not pink for your Christmas tree was - a beautiful Christmas stocking with the letter "J" on it - (the little one thought this was his when he saw the letter J - his name also starts with J - LOL

D - Dont forget the salt and pepper... a beautiful pair of little birds that are salt and pepper shakers - they are precious Annie! I already have them on the table =)

Thank you so much Annie! I feel truly blessed.
    Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving,
    Jayeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just had a whole post written, don't know where it went. So will just post the bingo words for today and post the other things tomorrow. It's been a blah day, but after about 6 paragraphs of things,don't want to redo it all right now!

So today's BINGO WORDS-----
    friends
    squash
    family feast

Previous words used------
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Plymouth rock
    hunting
    corn
    gravy
    cornucopia
    apple cider
    pilgrim's hat
    turkey
    mashed potatoes
    oysters
    Provincetown
    pumpkin pie
    turkey drumstick
    fruit salad
    Massachusetts
    November
    harvest
    bows/arrows
    cranberries
    Indians
    muskets
    turkey giblets
    kids table
    parade

Am glad to see packages flying and arriving. Will catch that up tomorrow. Good luck and have fun! Hugs, Melinda

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Sue-Your package was mailed today...It should arrive on Monday.

After 15 years of driving my SUV blazer I bought another SUV and plan to sell the blazer. I have never been one of those who every year or so buy new vehicles. The one I bought is a 2005 Ford Explorer so we will see if I like it better than the Chevrolet.

Night Ladies....Yeah tomorrow is Friday

Shirley

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Shirley!

Jeanne, your package will go out today IF the streets don't flood because...........IT'S RAINING!!! HOORAY !!!
    I know most of you consider rain a common event or sometimes an inconvenience but to us it is HEAVEN. We have not had measurable rain since Sept 9th and this is a nice steady rain. My husband planted a winter lawn which should love this!!

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good morning ladies! Here's where we stand on the swap!
    Melinda sends to Beth-sent
    Beth sends to Annie -sent and rec'd
    Annie sends to Jayeanne -sent and rec'd
    Jayanne sends to Mary Ellen -sent and rec'd
    Mary Ellen sends to Shirley
    Shirley sends to Sue-sent
    Sue sends to Jeanne
    Jeanne sends to Margaret -sent and rec'd
    Margaret sends to Melinda-sent

I hope this is right, if anyone sees anything wrong, plmk.
    Ok now for BINGO WORDS------

bread
    Mayflower

Previous words are-----
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Plymouth rock
    hunting
    corn
    gravy
    cornucopia
    apple cider
    pilgrim's hat
    turkey
    mashed potatoes
    oysters
    Provincetown
    pumpkin pie
    turkey drumstick
    fruit salad
    Massachusetts
    November
    harvest
    bows/arrows
    cranberries
    Indians
    muskets
    turkey giblets
    kids table
    parade
    friends
    squash
    family feast

Now, does anyone have anything they want to add as a family tradition or blessings they've rec'd this year?
    Most of you already know, that I had Stage 3 invasive breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago. I feel blessed everyday that I am still here and loving my grandchildren and family I have left. My mother died 7 years ago with the same type of cancer. I am blessed to have been her daughter, she was a wonderful mother and taught me gardening and wintersowing and have many flowers left that we wintersowed together! I am blessed that I live where I can get outdoors in the beautiful woods and creeks and walk when I feel like it and soak up nature, it is definitely a good therapy for me! I don't take things for granted anymore! Never a day goes by that I am not thankful for something.
    I am blessed with 3 grandsons and a granddgt. So far, they are the light of my life and have been good to me. My oldest grandson just bought me this new computer as a surprise (and boy was it!).
    I have faith that all things work out the way they are supposed to, and hopefully someday will find a man that will love me, deformities and all.
    So love one another today, don't forget to stop and count your blessings, we all have them, even when times are tough!
    I'm going to ask for prayer from those of you who pray for myself. I am going into surgery next Wednesday as they have found something in my left kidney. They don't want to wait until after Thanksgiving, so my dgt. and I will do most of the cooking on Tuesday and she will stay with me after that and finish up on Thanksgiving. It is suppose to be a one day thing. I have utmost faith that it is not cancer, but prayers are a good thing. For me anyway!

Good luck on the bingo game. I sent all my packages for the 2 game winners and Beth's this morning. I have the tracking # Beth if you need it.

Big hugs to you all today! Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my oldest grandson Austin and my granddgt. Kaitlin, they are 2 months apart in age. Her being the oldest.

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my oldest also with the middle one being Tanner and the little one being Stoney Matthew. They all make my life worth going!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Melinda, thoughts and prayers for you.....be well!!!!

I apologize for not posting my "Thanksgiving Blessings" from Beth last night. Came home to lots of rain, more than had been predicted, so some clean up needed to be done pronto. It was a welcome clean up.....Sue from AZ is right on....the rain is HEAVEN to us out here. Sue and Beth enjoy the pitter patter of the rain drops!!! Our rain meter shows 4 inches fell yesterday.....DIVINE!!

And now for my WONDERFUL box from Beth......

*A lovely THANKSGIVING card

F A M I L Y....

F...Bronze Fennel seeds. Beth uses this as filler in her flower garden and in Boquets. Bronze Fennel is also a yummy for the Swallowtails and the Caterpillars.

A...Apples make it yummy...Beth sent me a recipe for BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES AND RAISANS.....this sounds good!

M...Muncher Cucumber seeds are a tasty treat......I bet they are.

I...Inglenook Cookbook is headed my way. You know I love wine...will love this cookbook. I will let you know after I receive.

L...A Little Lady and a Little Man....Little Pilgrims. These are darling!

Y...YUMMIES....Home made Caramel Corn from a favorite family recipe, "Skinners Caramel Corn". And also something that will last a a little longer than the caramel corn...a beautiful dish towel with YUMMY vegetables on it, onions, tomatoes, peppers.

Well, your not kidding about the YUMMIES. Just around midnight, my husband and I cut that vacum packed bag of Skinners Caramel Corn and enjoyed. That was really good and it had nuts in it too...delicious! There is one little clump left...LOL!

Beth, I can not thank you enough!!! What a cool box of F A M I L Y!!!!

Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another very nice package! Thanks for the be well thoughts Annie!
    Anybody want to share some pics or blessings or traditions, I'd love to see or hear them!
    Have a great day!
    Melinda

• mellen
    10 years ago

Melinda, I do remember when you were sick a couple of years ago, and you dropped out for a period of time.....understandably. I will be praying for you especially on Wednesday and for the Doctors.

Shirley, your package went out today so you should get it before Thanksgiving.

Enjoyed the pics above. Handsome guys and lovely young lady.

ME

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Melinda-Prayers for you today and Wednesday, may God hold your hand during the surgery. I truly believe in prayer and it's what gets me through this life. Your grandkids are so handsome and beautiful. I feel the same about grandkids. I love the tag that says IF I HAD KNOWN GRANDKIDS WERE SO GREAT I WOULD HAVE HAD THEM FIRST.

Annie-Nice box from Beth....glad you, Sue and Beth are enjoying the rain. We get lots of rain here in the Blue Ridge Mountains but did have a drought one year.

We are spending Thanksgiving with our Son this year. He has an indoor pool so the young kids are excited about swimming at this time of year. We always have fun no matter where we gather.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Melinda, I'll be praying that the outcome of your surgery is positive. Have a Happy Early Thanksgiving. I loved seeing the pictures of your family.

As for Thanksgiving traditions, I guess the biggest one for me is that we begin our meal with fruit salad (mixed fresh and canned fruit) topped with a scoop of sherbet and it's served in little pedestal style depression glassware that belonged to my maternal grandparents years ago. The pedestal part is metal; obviously they have been used for many, many years on Thanksgiving and Christmas. As the family grew I needed a few more and sure enough I looked online and one of the places were you can list and sell things had some! Amazing what you can find online.

In case i'm not back to post again before Thursday, I'm wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good morning ladies! Thanks for the prayers! I do believe in the power of prayer!
    Sounds like all are going to have a great Thanksgiving! That is amazing that you have those little depression glassware still, Jeanne.
    I hope everyone has a great day today!

So this is where we are on the packages! Some great ones by the way! ---------

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley-sent
    Sue sends to Jeanne - ?sent
    Margaret sends to Melinda- sent

Ok for BINGO WORDS----

pilgrim
    family
    thanksgiving

Previous words are--------

Happy Thanksgiving
    Plymouth rock
    hunting
    corn
    gravy
    cornucopia
    apple cider
    pilgrim's hat
    turkey
    mashed potatoes
    oysters
    Provincetown
    pumpkin pie
    turkey drumstick
    fruit salad
    Massachusetts
    November
    harvest
    bows/arrows
    cranberries
    Indians
    muskets
    turkey giblets
    kids table
    parade
    friends
    squash
    family feast
    bread
    Mayflower

Someone ought to be getting close by now!
    Hugs and
    Good Luck to all! Melinda

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Annie, glad the package arrived OK and that you enjoyed it. Hope the cookbook is fun. I looked for a bottle from Inglenook but could not find one. ( sorry there)
    Melinda, I'm sure I remember your Mom. I think she was my secret pal many years ago. What a generous and thoughtful gal she was.
    You are in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us posted, (hugs)
    bb

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is having a good day! Yes, Beth you did swap with my mother and a lot did. Don't see the names anymore of all the people that use to be regulars! So many new names!

Well, I got my wonderful package from Margaret yesterday!
    Rec'd-----
    F--favorite seeds, and I love them!
    R--real sweet candy and loved the peppermint kisses and
    the andes peppermint, all wrapped in little white draw-
    string cloth bag
    I- I'm so pleased to be sending to you!
    E- earrings, beautiful silver pinecones with pink shimmery
    on them
    N- purse Kleenex with n underlined
    D- dutch iris, purple sensation Love them. Have some but
    not these!!
    and also a recipe for chocolate frosting that sounds devine!
    Thank you so very much Margaret! A wonderful pkg.

Now BINGO WORDS-------

dressing
    leftovers

Previous words-------

Happy Thanksgiving
    Plymouth rock
    hunting
    corn
    gravy
    cornucopia
    apple cider
    pilgrim's hat
    turkey
    mashed potatoes
    oysters
    Provincetown
    pumpkin pie
    turkey drumstick
    fruit salad
    Massachusetts
    November
    harvest
    bows/arrows
    cranberries
    Indians
    muskets
    turkey giblets
    kids table
    parade
    friends
    squash
    family feast
    bread
    Mayflower
    pilgrim
    family
    Thanksgiving

Good Luck ! Anyone close yet?

Now on PACKAGES------

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley-sent
    Sue sends to Jeanne - sent
    Margaret sends to Melinda- sent and rec'd

Very cold here today! Suppose to get some freezing rain. I hope wherever you all are that you are warm and things are well! Hugs, Melinda

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

I need three..getting close.

My DD and I went to see The Hunger Games:Catching Fire. Loved it and there will definitely be a #3 with the way this one ended.

Melinda-Cold here as well...no yard work for me today after Church.

Shirley

• mellen
    10 years ago

Melinda, remind me.....what was your mom's name? GW/Dave's

I am down to needing 2 more words. This is really down to the wire this time.

Got some more snow overnight. Was surprised to see it this morning as I don't recall that it was 'predicted.' Supposed to be cold all week......20's and 30's.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. My 83 year-young mother is having it at her place, as usual. There will just be 6 of us this year as my others sisters' kids are going to the in-laws including our son and family. Twill be the first Thanksgiving without Dad. Will sure be different.

ME

• sguanzon
    10 years ago

I received the BEST envelope from Shirley!!!

F = Fashion Jewelry ( very pretty!!)
    R = Recipe (for Creamy Potoato Soup - looks easy and very yummy!)
    I = Morning Glory Seeds (an assortment and can't wait to plant!)
    E= Echinacea "Salsa Red" looks gorgeous!
    N= Notecards (always come in handy!)
    D = Daylily Seeds two kinds ( Shirley knows how I love daylilies!)
    S = Sweet Pea Seeds - Blanche Ferry "Summer Love" (another I can't wait to plant)

and a thoughtful and very appropriate Thanksgiving card

Thank you very much Shirley!

Sue G

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Melinda for game prize... the turkey pot holder and hand towel, I was just thinking that i needed to pick up a new pot holder before thursday...lol Thank you so much I will definitely be using them both =)

Jayeanne

Happy Thanksgiving ladies....

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Melinda, my prize arrived today, too, and I love what you sent:
    Thanksgiving paper napkins and a cute Thanksgiving turkey and fruit screen. It will look cute as a decoration. Thanks so much.

It has turned very cold here and we have rain heading our way. Tomorrow sounds like a good day to stay indoors. We went out today to get our turkey so it can thaw and also got tetanus and whooping cough shots. Apparently if you are going to be around small children now they recommend you get the whooping cough vaccine again. As for tetanus, it was time. Every 10 years. We do lots outdoors so you never know...

Jeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad things are arriving! Sorry for not being on today, have so much to do.

I'll post Bingo Words and get caught up tomorrow!

pecan pie
    football
    cranberry sauce

Have a good night! Hugs, Melinda

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

OK need two more bingo words....

Glad you liked your swap package Sue...I have so many neat seeds to plant next year. I am hoping Santa will bring me a greenhouse.

Mellen-I received my wonderful package today...Thank you so much.

Mellen chose family and sent:

F-fuzzy socks (I love these and also the color)
    A-A lot of seeds (Toad Lilies-Yellow/Orange) (Aster-'Pink Tower') (Cosmos-'Bright Summer Color') more wonderful seeds.
    M-Mushy Card
    I-Individual notecards made by Mellen's daughter-in-law. Oh my goodness these are beautiful....great job
    L-Largest Hosta 'Empress Wu' -Can't wait to see this beauty put on leaves in the Spring. Woo Hoo
    Y-Yummy recipe (Pumpkin Jiffy Cake) buying the ingredients to make this for Thanksgiving.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good morning! Have a lot to do today, most of the cooking can do ahead of time. Dgt. will be here and finish on Thursday! Been so busy this time of year and then trying to get things done before tomorrow for surgery.
    Wow, some very nice pkgs. being sent. I hope everyone liked theirs as well as I did mine!
    Mellen- my mother's GW name was MargeC. She was on many years and the one who got me started here. She taught me a lot !
    Well, let's see where we are on packages------

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley-sent and rec'd
    Shirley sends to Sue-sent and rec'd
    Sue sends to Jeanne - sent
    Margaret sends to Melinda- sent and rec'd

Wow, just 2 left to arrive! That is wonderful! Great job ladies!

Now for BINGO WORDS-----------

desert
    acorns

Previous words-----

Happy Thanksgiving
    Plymouth rock
    hunting
    corn
    gravy
    cornucopia
    apple cider
    pilgrim's hat
    turkey
    mashed potatoes
    oysters
    Provincetown
    pumpkin pie
    turkey drumstick
    fruit salad
    Massachusetts
    November
    harvest
    bows/arrows
    cranberries
    Indians
    muskets
    turkey giblets
    kids table
    parade
    friends
    squash
    family feast
    bread
    Mayflower
    pilgrim
    family
    Thanksgiving
    pecan pie
    football
    cranberry sauce

Surely someone is almost there!
    I will be on in the morning before I leave for surgery. Mine isn't until afternoon but have to be there at 11:30, so will leave her around 10:00.
    Good Luck to you all! I hope everyone has a great day and stay warm! We are having very low temps for us here for this time of year! Hugs, Melinda

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Melinda, my fun filled and friendly package arrived yesterday and I'm enjoying it so much.
    F- a Fall theme tablecloth and potholders,nice colors and already on the table.
    R- recipe for Corn Casserole, I'll pick up the few things I don't have for this and make it Thursday. Sounds great and is a recipe from Melinda's Mom so that ties in Family too.
    I- ideal picottee dianthus seeds, sounds pretty and I love dianthus
    E- Envelope of seeds, beautiful fall orange packet with seeds for two types of salvia
    N- for note carts, these are pretty too and always needed
    D- A pair of Thanksgiving Pilgrims, these are so cute. Did you make them?
    Also, a perfect size reusable shopping/tote bag I do use these but like this size better than the big ones.
    Melinda thank you so much for all the thoughtful goodies.
    You remain in my prayers and thoughts, Sending hugs
    Bethb

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So very glad that you liked your package! I had fun trying to decide what to send! Thanks to everyone for the prayers and best wishes!
    Yes, I did paint them. I found them a couple years ago and painted. Garage sale or something. They are cute!
    Have a great day all!
    No Bingo yet?
    Hugs to all, Melinda

• mellen
    10 years ago

Shirley, you are welcome for the pkg. It was fun to send to you after being 'gone' for awhile.

Melinda, I remember your mom now. Niiiiice lady!

I need 1 more word. Want me to just tell you what it is, and we can call it? LOLOL

Did some errands this morning. Needed to do more, but it is just frigid with the blustery wind! I did get a couple of bags of daffies planted yesterday afternoon. More to go but not today!

Melinda, still praying.
    ME

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Mellen I need one word as well....we probably need the same word.

Got home and the house felt cooler than normal so I checked the thermostat and found the heat was not coming on at all....thank goodness our Son-In-Law knows all these people who work for him that can fix a heating unit...the guy came right out and fixed it. Temps are way to cold for no heat.

Melinda....God be with you tomorrow....prayers for a speedy recovery.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

I have been gone for a couple of days....BINGO need one more!!

Loving these Thanksgiving Blessings packages!!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good morning to all! I am sure Jeanne has her package, she said might be awhile before she got back on.
    Thanks to all of you for sending such thoughtful packages and all before Thanksgiving! Yeah!

Well here are the BINGO WORDS-----------

North America
    Thursday

Previous words------------

Happy Thanksgiving
    Plymouth rock
    hunting
    corn
    gravy
    cornucopia
    apple cider
    pilgrim's hat
    turkey
    mashed potatoes
    oysters
    Provincetown
    pumpkin pie
    turkey drumstick
    fruit salad
    Massachusetts
    November
    harvest
    bows/arrows
    cranberries
    Indians
    muskets
    turkey giblets
    kids table
    parade
    friends
    squash
    family feast
    bread
    Mayflower
    pilgrim
    family
    Thanksgiving
    pecan pie
    football
    cranberry sauce
    desert
    acorns

I wish you all good luck!
    I probably won't see who Bingo's until later.
    Wishing you all a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!
    I'm off to get ready to go for surgery. Did most of my cooking yesterday. Dgt. just has to do turkey and few other things.
    Hugs to all! Melinda

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

My wonderful package from Sue arrived this afternoon. Sue went way beyond "simple" but I do appreciate everything so much. Sue used the word friend. She underlined the letter in the words of the items... I did that, too!

F - Daffodil bulbs (I absolutely love daffodils and had not bought any this year and they are so beautiful - double, ruffled varieties!)
    R = Recipe for Cajun Roasted Pecans (sound great)
    I = Moose Rain Gauge (This is so cute. The moose is holding an umbrella)
    E = Plant markers (always handy)
    N = Cardinal ornament (very pretty)
    D = Seeds (several packs - some favorites!)

A Thanksgiving card, a pack of walnuts - which sound very handy for Thanksgiving dinner - and a Quilt Sampler magazine. Wow, once I get everything sort of together for Thanksgiving I will relax and enjoy my quilt magazine.

Thanks so much, Sue, for this stupendous package!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and Melinda, thanks for being the hostess. I haven't checked Bingo today, but was pretty far behind so I don't think I have it.

Jeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiiving Ladies! Here's hoping you all have a wonderful and blessed day! I'm fixing to post the last of the words!
    So the first one who hollers wins!

BINGO WORDS----------

PUMPKINS
    GREEN SALAD
    BLACK FRIDAY

So I know that someone now has the bingo! Good luck!
    My blessing for today is no cancer found. Pretty sore, but thanking God and all those who prayed!
    Hug your loved ones and have great day! Melinda

• mellen
    10 years ago

Bingo!

Melinda, Thanking the Lord for no cancer. God is good.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ME

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Beth, my Inglenook cook book arrived. It came on Tuesday but am now just opening my mail. I apologize for the delay in reporting! This cook book is a reprint of the original 1901 edition...yes, I said 1901. A quick peruse.....very interesting recipes. Recipes/cooking in 1901 was certainly different than it is today. Home made noodles will be the first recipe I try. Thank you so much. I love this!!!!

Melinda, what great news!!! No cancer....rejoice!!

Mary Ellen...congrats on BINGO!!!!!!

And Melinda, thank you for a super swap. To all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!

So happy for your news, Melinda.
    I've really enjoyed the swap. Thank you for being such a great hostess. I hope you heal quickly, but it's nice to have the surgery behind you.

Congratulations on Bingo, Mary Ellen!

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Mellen-Congrats...on BINGO Some wonderful packages sent and received.

Great News Melinda....God is good.

Happy Thanksgiving ladies...so blessed to be in this great group. Looking forward to our December swap.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Mary Ellen!!! You got the Bingo!
    Thanks to all who prayed and gave me good thoughts! I had a good day, albeit a very painful one! Hate the pain meds, but can't do without them.
    But the pain lets me know I am blessed, thanks be to God and all who prayed!
    I have enjoyed all you ladies again! I do hope that you all had a blessed day also!
    You have made this a great swap and I am thrilled it went so well! Seems everyone rec'd a very nice package!
    Thanks again! Looking forward to the December swap now!
    Hugs to all, Melinda

P.S. Mary Ellen please send me your addy and I'll get your prize out to you!

• mellen
    10 years ago

Happy day after Thanksgiving! Anyone go shopping early today? Me? Not interested, thanks.

This has been a fun month here. Lots of nice gifts.

I really won, eh? Thanks. Sending you my addy shortly, Melinda.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    ME

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

What a great month it has been...Thanks Melinda for hosting this month.

Maryanne-If you check in just a reminder that you are the host for December. I will try and remember to send you a message on facebook.

Another day to spend with family tomorrow. DH's family has a get together the Saturday after Thanksgiving so it's tomorrow. His family is so huge we rent a school house so the kids can have the gym to play in. Of course us adults have to play to so we always have a volleyball game after lunch.

Mellen-I actually went to Wal-Mart last night and stood in line for a fabulous sheet sale. If it's one thing I like it's good sheets and these were 700 thread count for $24.96. DH and I were the second ones in line so we got 7 sets. Some I got for family members, there was no limit.

Shirley

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Again, I want to thank all of you for participating in the swap! I had fun and hope you all did also!

Wow, what a great deal on the sheets, Shirley! I didn't do any shopping yet, but couldn't have if wanted to. Pretty much doing nothing. We had a great Thanksgiving, thanks to my dgt. We made everything ahead of time as much as possible and she finished it up and did the turkey.
    Yes, Mellen you won. I will get your prize out Monday. Don't think I am able to drive yet, so will have to have someone take it for me. And our po closes at 11 today so won't get it out before then.
    May you all have a wonderful weekend! God Bless and Big Hugs to all! Melinda

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Thanks again Melinda for a wonderful month of "Thanksgiving Blessings"....we OBFERS are a lovely group!

Shirley, great deal on the sheets!!!! I am with you on high thread count sheets.....my skin loves them...LOL!

Happy day!!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

December can you believe it, this year has flown by.

I have sent Maryanne a message so hopefully she will see it and respond about hosting for December.

Night Ladies,

Shirley

• mellen
    10 years ago

Melinda, Just wanted to let you know that today I received the gift you sent......for winning Bingo. Very much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    ME

• Melinda Hagen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I guess that concludes my swap. All prizes are rec'd and all packages have been rec'd. I enjoyed it and hope all did also. Feel free to do whatever you want with the prizes! Just fun things!
    I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!
    Now it's on to Merry Christmas! Melinda