Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: obf-thanksgiving blessings

Posted by ilovefarac z6 AR (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 12:58

It is that time of year again, FAll, Thanksgiving, and time to look back and reminisce about all the blessings we have had in our life. Most have to do with family and friends.

So, for this swap we are going to be doing the words FAMILY or the word FRIEND. Pick one of these to use (not both) and then send things that match these letters. But for the A in family and the R in friend, I would like you to send a recipe that you make in your traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. If you don't do a traditional one, any recipe that would be good on a holiday would do. EXAMPLE-
F-
R-recipe
I-
E-
N-
D-
Also pick 3 packs of seeds that match the letters to send to your partner. And not on the word, please send a nice Thanksgiving card.
So that leaves 2 letters to send what you want!

Please use bubble mailer.
Please use tracking #
Please have fun with this!
Should be a SIMPLE AND INEXPENSIVE one to do.

I will be doing a couple games. One of which is a bingo, as most of you, I love doing the bingos.
I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving traditions, your families, and friends also!

I will take signups until the 9th and partners will be posted on the 10th. Please mail by the 20th so your partner can receive by Thanksgiving.

This is a closed group, so if you would like to join, please contact Carol Bea or Shirley.

So let's have fun and start the signups!
Bless you all and Have a Happy Halloween!
Melinda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: obf-thanksgiving blessings

Melinda, I love Fall, I love Thanksgiving and I love cooking for family and friends So, please count me in. What a terrific theme.
Good to have you back active again

o

Melinda,

So nice to see you back on GW!!

Love this!!! I want to play!! THANKS,FAMILY, FRIENDS and FUN, that is what life and living is all about!!

Happy Halloween!!

Annie

o

Yeah! Good to see both of you also! Thrilled you are playing!

So far playing are-
Beth
Annie

We have plenty time for more sign-ups though!

o

I would also love to join in! Always love this time of year, so many things to be thankful for =)

Jayeanne

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 2, 13 at 12:39

sign me up, Melinda.
ME

o

Yeah, good to see you Mellen and welcome Jayeanne!
I hope everyone is enjoying this weather. Here it is beautiful and sunny. Mid 50's.

Now we have these ladies playing:
Beth
Annie
Jayeanne
Mary Ellen

Tell us about your dinners, blessings, and traditions anytime you like! Love to hear from all of you!
Melinda

o

Sign me up Melinda....

Mellen what a nice surprise....welcome back

Shirley

o

Good Morning everyone! Welcome Shirley!

Players so far:
Beth
Annie
Jayeanne
Mary Ellen
Shirley

Another beautiful morning here. Time to get ready for church and after having a chili dinner there. Donations to help missions out. Should be lots of fun.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

o

In addition to family and friends, I'm thankful for good health so I can get out and enjoy the beautys of the world.
Chili dinner sounds good too. We are having a sort of international festival after church. They take orders for handmade items crafted by women in small villages to help them support their families. I always enjoy these events.
Have a beautiful day wherever you are

o

I will join! I have much to be thankful of this year!

Sue G

o

I love the beautiful leaves, Beth! They are gorgeous! We are starting to get beautiful ones around here also! Just not enough time to get out and see them all. I have also been blessed with better health most days and been walking by a creek on a dirt road that I LOVE!
Welcome Sue! So glad you could join us!

Now playing are:
Melinda
Beth
Annie
Jayeanne
Mary Ellen
Shirley
Sue

Great turn out ladies!!

o

Melinda,
Simple is all I can manage these days so thanks for thinking of a simple and fun idea. Add me to the list.
Jeanne

o

Great turn out ladies....such good friends to be thankful for.
This must have been the day for eating at Church...Our Church gave all the staff who participate in jobs at Church a wonderful dinner.

Beth-The leaves on that tree are beautiful. I have some trees that are totally bare now, I sure know what comes next....Winter....Yuk

Sue-Hope you are still doing well....my daylilies are all looking good, I think I have only lost a couple.

Having our garden club meeting tomorrow so I need to find something to take for the raffle. We lost a lovely lady last week who turned 100 years old this year. She will be missed and her family is donating a tree to our gardens in her memory.

Shirley

o

Good morning ladies! So nice to see all of you today here! Welcome Jeanne!

DING,DING.DING---our first winner of a small surprise!
Jeanne- you used the word simple first!! Congrats!!
Had to use the word simple or inexpensive.

So far we now have playing---

Melinda
Beth
Annie
Jayeanne
Maryellen
Shirley
Sue
Jeanne

I am so blessed to be able to visit with you all again and catch up on things. I don't know Jayeanne, but I'm sure I will during this swap. So nice to have new computer and just in time to do the swap!

The sign-ups are until the 9th and hope we see a few more! I will be leaving tomorrow, but will try and check in daily at least. My brother-in-law is having surgery Wednesday. He has a mass behind his heart, by his aorta and up in his diaphragm. Doesn't look good and need to be there to help support my sister and she is raising her 2 granddgts. who are 13 and 8, so this is a big stress on them! I have to be back here for dr. appt. on the 8th so will pick our partners on Sat. and let you all know on the 10th!

My family has always done the same traditional dinner for as long as I can remember. It never changed even after my mother passed. I will post more on that later, as this year things will probably be a little different!

But feel free to post about yours, your blessings, your trials, anything you feel like!
Have a great day and God Bless all of you! Melinda

o

Wow, I didn't expect to see that I won something when I logged on this morning. What a nice surprise!

Melinda, I'll pray for your brother-in-law that surgery goes well.

As for fall leaves, ours began dropping a few weeks ago but no color to speak of. Now we are getting a little color in those still on the trees. I think it stayed too warm too late into the year for color. The picture you posted, Beth, is gorgeous!

Jeanne

o

Melinda, I am going to sit this one out due to the demands of November. I am hosting the MNF swap and are taking a trip to Texas to see the new grandbaby.

I hope everyone has fun and I will stop in from time to time to see how it is going.

Margo

o

Melinda,

Prayers for your brother in law, your sister and their two young grand daughters. I do hope his surgery goes well.

Congratulations Jeanne!!!

Happy Evening!

Annie

o

Thanks for the prayers all! I'm afraid things aren't going to turn out well, like we'd like.
Margo, I understand! What an adorable grandbaby! You enjoy your trip!
I will try to check in daily. Getting Bingo words ready, so will be posting those before long!
Everyone have a great day!

o

Melinda-Praying for your brother-in-law, I know the surgery is happening tomorrow. May God be with your family and guide the Drs. hands.

What I am thankful for during this month of thanksgiving!
My Nephew is in med school now and our family is so proud of him. He almost died when he was born and had to have open heart surgery so he always said he would become a doctor someday and his dream is coming true.
I wasn't sure this was what God's calling for Tim was because he was a youth pastor and helped so many troubled teens straighten out their lives. I have never seen so many teenagers respect someone like they did him. He got married in May of this year and his wife is with him and I am so thankful for her being his helpmate during this time. I'm sure he would have been very lonely in the Caribbeans all by himself. They will be home for Christmas and then back to the Islands.

Shirley

o

Just dropping in to let everyone know that my brother-in-law's surgery went great! They took out part of a lung and the tumors and they were a benign type they told us!
Thanks be to God and all the prayers!
Anyway, not trying ignore all of you, just been out of town and that was one of my blessings this month. He has been in the family for 40yrs come March.
I will try and post the Bingo words later for everyone to pick from and we can start after the sign-ups are done.
Everyone have a great and blessed day!
Anyone else out there want to play with us? You still have time to join!

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-I think I would like to be involved in this swap as it is a simple one-Thanks Melinda for that. Suppose to be a hard frost tonight here & I still have plants coming In the mail I ordered in June. I received some yesterday, too. It is supposed to be not too bad later & over the weekend so will get them in then, Then will mulch them good. I do hope they will carry through the winter as I was really wanting them. Sometimes I am a glutton for punishment.

So glad to hear the good news, Melinda. What a blessing to be thankful for! And Jeanne, so nice to see you signup.

I have so much to be thankful for-Bren's surgery went well & she gets the boot off the 18th. I am also looking forward to my Granddaughter, Husband & 4 precious great granddaughters coming for Thanksgiving. I have a Charlie Brown tree that all my Great grandchildren put up for me. They love it & it's so fun with them all here.

Have a wonderful weekend & can't wait to see who I will send to! Blessings, Margaret

o

Melinda, WONDERFUL news about your brother in laws surgery!

Margaret, I have never heard of a Charlie Brown tree...better look that one up.

Shirley, Bless Tim! He is fulfilling his dream...happy smile!

Happy weekend to all!

Annie

o

Welcome Margaret! So glad to see you joining us this month!

So players now are--
Melinda
Beth
Annie
Jayeanne
Mary Ellen
Shirley
Sue
Jeanne
Margaret

Great group of ladies! So glad to see everyone! Thanks to everyone for prayers for my brother-in-law. They were very appreciated and he is doing great!

THANKSGIVING BINGO----- Pick 15 words from the list below and email them to me. I will start on the 11th after partners are picked! So here they are--

1. Happy Thanksgiving
2. Thanksgiving
3. Turkey
4. gravy
5. Thursday
6. oysters
7. dressing
8. cranberry sauce
9. North America
10. Plymouth Rock
11. hunting
12. Pilgrims
13. bread
14. parade
15. family
16. friends
17. cranberries
18. Mayflower
19. squash
20. cornucopia
21. pumpkin pie
22. Indians
23. corn
24. pumpkins
25. harvest
26. football
27. mashed potatoes
28. dessert
29. November
30. Provincetown
31. muskets
32. bows/arrows
33. Black Friday
34. pecan pie
35. acorns
36. pilgrim hat
37. Massachusetts
38. leftovers
39. family feast
40. apple cider
41. turkey giblets
42. turkey drumstick
43. fruit salad
44. kid's table
45. green salad

So, don't forget if you want to play, please email me your 15 choices!
And if someone happens to have the newer OBF list of names and addy's, I would love for someone to send it to me!
Thanks, and everyone have a great day and be thankful! Blessings to all, Melinda

o

Hi Melinda!

I sent my words to your email, hope you get them

Jayeanne

o

Melinda....BINGO "15" emailed to you. Hope you receive!

Thanks,

Annie

o

Melinda....sent my words to you....thanks for playing BINGO with us. Hope your Brother-In-Law is having a good day.

Today I am thankful for good health and family. I have always been blessed to have my grandkids live beside us. So sad when I hear about couples splitting up and one can't see the kids, grandparents can't see their grandkids. I had a pastor who had to take his ex-daughter-in-law to court to see his grandchild and get visiting rights. So much hate and anger when this happens to you. Those grandkids can steal your heart.

Blessings and thankfulness....

Shirley

o

been down with a cold for 3 weeks now, so will be sitting out, goin on vacation first part of dec so looks like it will be jan before I can play, will check in tho. big hugs to you all photo swineflu.jpg my swine flu, carol

o

PARTNERS:
Here is who sends who:

Melinda sends to Beth
Beth sends to Annie
Annie sends to Jayeanne
Jayanne sends to Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen sends to Shirley
Shirley sends to Sue
Sue sends to Jeanne
Jeanne sends to Margaret
Margaret sends to Melinda

Great group of ladies playing! Love your swine flu Carol!
Yes, Shirley it is a blessing to have grandchildren close! They are special for sure!

I have Bingo words from Annie, Jayeanne, Shirley, Sue, and Margaret! I still need from Beth, Mary Ellen, and Jeanne if you are playing. Will give until after 5 tomorrow and then the game begins!

Hope all have had a great day and continue to be blessed with life's blessings! Hugs to all, Melinda

o

Hi beautiful ladies,

It's been awhile since I've been able to check in. I'm doing dialysis as I type to you all. Just to update, hubby has applied and been accepted to the National Aviation Academy in Clearwater, Florida. Big changes for us both but exciting. Okay, I'm not happy about having to leave my plants but I'm hoping they will be ok til we get back....in a couple of years :( Moving from Mississippi is going to be big for me. I'm a little nervous. Packing doesn't excite me either haha I've started using a sleep apnea machine....slowly adjusting. Otherwise, we're doing good.

I'm going to continue sitting out of swaps for now but popping in on occasion to say hi and catch up. Hope everyone is enjoying the fall weather and doing well. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Til next time,
Janet

o

Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 23:19

Just sent my list of words.

Gosh, Today came up fast.

I got Shirley! Nice!

ME

o

I just send my list of words. Sorry to be last minute with it.

Margaret, I'll start working on your package. Will you please e-mail your address to me? Thanks!

Wishing all the veterans a happy day and saying thanks to them, too.

Jeanne

o

Good morning, Ladies-I input a long email yesterday & it wouldn't take it. I thought I couldn't do another then, so trying to get through now.

Partner's are out & I get to send to Melinda. Wonderful! I will be emailing you for address after I get this posted.

For blessings-Yesterday was our Holiday Open House at florists & downtown. I didn't go downtown but to a couple florists. The one I went to 1st was designated "Winter Wonderland" & was gorgeous. Last year at the same place, I got my sister a large penguin & this year I bought 2 small ones to set aside that one for her Christmas decoratiing. I love penguins & she does, too. Then the other florist always has a special something that is very reasonable. This year they had light up Holiday pins of Penguins, Snowmen, Trees & others. My Great granddaughters from Memphis is to come for Thanksgiving & I'm sure they will love them. I also picked up a few for gifts for friends. It was a beautiful day that I enjoyed immensely. I do so love to browse before the holidays (& other times, too). It gets my mind cleared of lots of things. I watched a special on PBS about England earlier not ever browsing but just went in to stores to buy exactly what they needed. I think we Americans never did that! Thinking of catalogs before a lot of stores were available. Are any of you watching " The Paradise" on Sunday evenings on PBS? That is sort of getting people to shop in that store. I think next Sunday is the last episode & I can't wait to see what happens!

Enough rambling from me. I did get my Bingo names in & thanks for hosting, Melinda.

Praying you all have a great week & especially Janet with all the changes coming your way.

Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello Janet, I never met you but I wish you all the best with your medical issues and the move! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of you wonderful ladies!
Sounds like so much fun Margaret, I wish they did that here. I love to browse before I buy also!

I do need addy's of players if anyone can send them to me.

I have had several blessings the past few weeks! My brother-in-law was cancer free! And of course, it's a long road to recovery but he is doing well. And now, my cousin's husband has found out that his prostate cancer is contained in the prostate and not the bladder! So pleased and now they have a new surgery that will just take the prostate and he won't have to have chemo, radiation or anything! My cousin is like a sister to me and I'm so thrilled it isn't worse. I was planning on going to her house come the weekend, but will see when surgery is. It's about 4 hrs. from me and miss them!

Ok, Now for BINGO TIME!!! I have lists from everyone but Beth. She doesn't get on much, but we need to get it going if going to get done this month!
So will draw 3 one night and 2 the next, etc.

Here are the first 3 words--
10. Plymouth rock
1. Happy Thanksgiving
11. hunting

Good luck everyone!
Blessings to all!
Melinda

o

Great start-two BINGO words.

The word hunting makes me think of the HUGE bear DH and his hunting buddies killed Saturday...weighed 450 pounds, it looked like a cow.

Janet-Happy thanksgiving to you...so nice for you to drop in. I found a list of previous OBF'ers on an excel spreadsheet the other day. Wish more of the ladies would drop in to swap or just say hi. I'm sure you will love Florida. I have several friends there and visit them. In fact I am going for a visit to Naples, Fl in January. Wishing you and your DH the best in health and your move.

Margaret-I have so enjoyed 'The Paradise', can't wait to see what happens next week....hope he picks Denise. I plan to go to the video store and see if they have any of the American Classic movies. I just love all the ones I have seen so far. I heard Downton Abbey will start its 4th season in January.

Mellen-I have so many beautiful plants in my yard from your yard. I was thinking about you during the summer looking at my hosta 'Captain Kirk'. I love that hosta and all my plants from gardening friends. Blessed to be receiving from you.

Thankful today for good health...I have always tried to keep healthy and exercise and eat right. I am going to have foot surgery next year after the holidays and hope it helps. My toes are growing sideways and I find somedays it throws my walking off. Not going to get any better so what do you do....

Shirley

o

Just have a minute to get on here! So here are the words for tonight---

4. gravy
23. corn

Good luck to you all! Melinda

o

Good morning to all! It is cold, but very sunny outside. I am thankful for that!
Hate to hear about your toes Shirley, I've seen a lot of people do that through the years, I'm sure it's not fun! Good luck on the surgery!
I am also blessed with family and loved ones! The Lord has blessed so many of them and I am thrilled!

Bingo Words for today---
20. cornucopia
40. apple cider
30. pilgrim's hat

Words picked prior-
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth Rock
hunting
corn
gravy

I wish you all good luck!

Well for years, our Thanksgiving dinner has always been the same. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, the usual. Always pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, plus other desserts that others bring. This year it's going to just be me, my stepfather, and my dgt., her husband, and 3 sons are all that are coming. And a friend of mine. My sister will be at home due to her husband recuperating from his surgery and my son has to work that day so they are doing dinner with her family. It's sad that we all aren't together like it always has been, but understandable and we will all be together in spirit.
Since, my mother passed we have always tried to keep the traditions together but things do change, even if we don't like it. Time changes, things do also!

What about the traditions in your family? Any one have any special ones?
Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed day!
Melinda

o

Mary Ellen,

Mailed your package off today, I have tracking if we need it =)

Enjoy!
Jayeanne

o

Melinda, today I will send you what I have RE: OBF addresses. I don't think everyone is on it.

Jayeanne...working on your package!!

I am thankful for everything. The "not so good" things make me appreciate even more all the "good and wonderful" that is in my life.

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

Hi, Ladies-Just checking in & something is amiss-Words that have already been chosen 20 Cornucopia & #40 apple cider--# 30 on my list is Provincetown. Sure hope I got these down alright. Masybe I am having a bad ?

What a gorgeous day here. I received the information that my last 3 items I ordered in June were no longer available so no more planting. What a surprise, although I really wanted the coral bells. O, well, next year will be here before we know it.

Must get busy so will close. Blessings, Margaret

o

Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 15:01

Jayeanne, You are on the ball! I will be 'looking' for your package. Thank you.

Shirley, How sweet of you to mention the plants we shared over the years. That Captain Kirk is a very nice hosta, isn't it? When we first knew each other, your granddaughter was just a little girl. Wow....

Margaret, It is a gorgeous day, I agree. What coral bells were you wanting?

Am canning applesauce today...will be a week-long project as I got 9 sacks of apples from a dear friend. Besides applesauce, also doing dried apples, apple leather, and apple butter. Yum yum.

ME

o

Melinda

I have to agree with Margaret on the #30 is Privincetown.
you listed #30 as pilgrims hat but that is #36. maybe just a typo but not sure which word it is now, LOL!

Hey Annie!! Always love hearing from you!

And yes Mary Ellen I have your delivery # if you want it =) Just let me know

Jayeanne

o

Mellen-I made apple butter later this year. I like apples any way you fix them. Yes I guess Brittney was a little girl when we all first joined the swap groups. I'm looking forward to my great grandchildren. I hope to be retired so I can keep them.

It was so cold here last night and today, it's supposed to be really cold again tonight and tomorrow and then warm up again.

My house looks like a jungle with all the house plants I have brought inside. I took 40 to work and have them in the waiting room, my office and also in the guys offices. They don't care as long as I take care of them. Just hope the heat doesn't go off any this winter. I have back up heat at home but not there.

Shirley

o

My bad!! I will just post the words from now on and leave the number off.
These are the words that have been picked so far:

Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat

I apologize if it messed anyone's game up, I put wrong number up!

Sounds like everyone is busy! I too put up apple butter, concord grape jelly, blackberry jelly and will use some of these as gifts come Christmas. My son loves them all! And they all came from my yard! That makes them even better!

Ok, for today's Bingo picks---

turkey
mashed potatoes

Good Luck all! Have a great day! Melinda

o

Good evening! Little late, but here are tonight's words (for today)!

oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie

Previously used words are:
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes

Good Luck!
We might even start a new game tomorrow! Add some more fun!
Good night all, Melinda

o

Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 22:40

Jayeanne, quick message to let you know that your wonderful package arrived today. I will tell everyone all about it tomorrow!
ME

o

Margaret, your package was mailed yesterday and should be delivered on Monday. I hope you like it.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Jeanne

o

Good morning all! I see packages are starting to fly! So better get it on a list to see where we are:

Melinda sends to Beth
Beth sends to Annie
Annie sends to Jayeanne
Jayanne sends to Mary Ellen -sent and rec'd
Shirley sends to Sue
Sue sends to Jeanne
Jeanne sends to Margaret -sent

GAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another game for everyone! First one to list all correct answers will win! It's easy, so good luck! Just unscramble the words!

1.ytuerk
2. rcpniaocou
3. ehsamd stopoate
4. ktshan
5. gmrispli
6. yrwafoerlm
7. tnviae mrsmeaicn
8. ythomupl kcro
9. yiflam
10. sftea
11. stidtnaori
12. klbac dyrifa
13. brnacyrer uesac
14. solfretev
15. kpunmip epi

Have fun!

Now for today's
Bingo words--------

turkey drumstick
fruit salad

Previously used words----

Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie

I hope everyone is blessed with a wonderful weekend! Hopefully no one will affected by storms in some areas. We have 30 to 35 mph wind gusts but sunny and temps already in mid 60's and tomorrow suppose to be in 70's. That is a blessing for me, just any day the sunshines. I don't do well on gray days!
Bless you all and have fun, hug your loved ones, and have faith that this weekend will be a great one for you!
Hugs, Melinda

o

Bingo, I think. Let me know, Melinda. Blessings, Margaret

o

I think I have the words unscrambled!
1 turkey
2cornucopia
3 mashed potatoes
4thanks
5pilgrim
6mayflower
7invite Mrs Meacin??? OK,( native americans)
8Plymouth Rock
9family
10feast
11traditions
12black friday
13 cranberry sauce
14 leftovers
15pumpkin pie
My brain has been on sick leave along with my body. Hope it is awake today
Beth

o

Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 18:50

Been a busy, busy day here. Helped hubby all day bringing cornstalk bales home.

I did receive my gifts from Jayeanne.

F-a package of leaves that I will use on the Thanksgiving table and a package of French vanilla hot chocolate

R-recipe for candied sweet potatoes--LOVE these

I-Impatiens seeds called Midnight Blend and ipomopsis(standing cypress) These both look Gorgeous!

E-Thanksgiving card---really cute

N-a darling turkey knickknack--I have it sitting on the end table here beside me.

D-double giant zinnia seeds---Zinnias have a special place in my heart. They were the favorite flower that Dad always planted every year.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, Jayeanne, for the thoughtful gifts. I do feel blessed.

ME

o

Hi everyone!

Super busy day for us here my son had competitions today in his Martial Arts - forms and sparring. Not many kids showed up for his age group only 4 kids (ages 9-11) so they put his group into the next group of kids (ages 12-15). I thought oh gosh this is gonna be tough! Well turns out he got 2nd place! Even with all those older kids! I was so impressed and proud of him. This was an all day event, just got home around 7ish.

Thanks for letting me know Mary Ellen =) Glad you enjoyed your package. I love zinnias, I plant zinnias every year in memory of my grandmother who loved to garden, she had zinnias every year =)

Jayeanne

Here is my guess at the new game

1. turkey
2. cornucopia
3. mashed potatoes
4. thanks
5. pilgrims
6. mayflower (extra r in there)
7. native americans (missing letter a)
8. plymouth rock
9. family
10. feast
11. traditions
12. black friday
13. cranberry sauce
14. leftovers
15. pumpkin pie

o

Margaret....congrats on BINGO...gosh that was quick. I only had 7 words.

Mellen-Nice box you received....you just can't wait to open those swap boxes....just like Christmas morning.

Jayeanne-Congrats to your son on second place....way to go. I love seeing kids playing sports and not sitting in front of the TV and computer all day.

Rain moved out so today was not a total wash out. It actually warmed up and that is always a plus.

Our hometown football town went to State again this year. Their record is 12-0. Go panthers...................

Shirley

o

Hello everyone! I hope all are having a wonderful day. I missed church, but my oldest grandson was in and he was leaving back to Oklahoma today to work, so he came out and packed up a bunch of things in his room and we took them to his new place in Berryville. It is nice to see him working and settling down as an adult. I figured God would understand.
Margaret, so sorry on the Bingo, but you still have 7 words left to get one! SO BINGO GAME IS STILL ON!

Todays words are
Massachusetts
November
harvest

Words previously used are:
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad

And for the winner of the scramble it is Jayeanne!
Sorry Beth, I thought you had it but you put pilgrim and not pilgrims! So congrats to you! Please be sure you send me your addy!
Maryellen sounds like a nice envelope you rec'd!
Congrats to all with sports players! My grandson's do sports and I think I am the loudest at their games! LOL!
So good luck on the Bingo and hope all have a great day! Melinda

o

Oh, my, Melinda-You are so right. I checked off the latest letters sent Saturday as I was leaving for a Income Tax Seminar & didn't use the system I had set up to check right ones. I am so sorry. Just had time to sit down now & check again-realized my mistake & was getting ready to call or email you when I got on here & found you had already discovered it. I am so sorry!!!! Please eliminate me from that game all together. I thought my system was fail proof-just goes to show you can't always trust elderly women! I am glad I have someone else to do my taxes for me as I probably can't trust the things I thought I learned at the Seminar either.

Melinda-I am going to try & get your package sent today or tomorrow, if I can handle it!

Thanks so much for all of your understanding. I thought I had made a mistake as I never win anything! Blessings to all you lovely ladies. Margaret

o

Oh, Margaret, I so wish you would continue to play! It's no big deal! We all make mistakes. The easiest way for me to do it is to take my list and if that word is used, I mark it off. If I get them all marked off then I have Bingo!
We all make mistakes! We are all human! Thank God for that! So hope you other ladies haven't thrown your cards away!
Here are today's Bingo words:

bows/arrows
cranberries

Already picked are these:
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest

I hope you continue to play Margaret! Hope you all have a wonderful evening. I am going to a basketball game in Berryville where meeting my best friend as her dgt. is playing. Then will be going to Fayetteville in the morning for dr. visit and stay with my son and family a night or so! Will be taking Bingo words with me!~
Hugs to all, Melinda

o

Hi, ladies-Just received my swap from Jeanne:
F=French Dwarf Marigolds seeds
A=Recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole (with several other
recipes included)
M=Red Grandpa Ott's Morning Glory Seeds
I=Mint Hot Chocolate "i underlined"
L=Hazelnut Hot Chocolate "L underlined"
Y=Yarrow "Love Parade" seeds
and a lovely Thanksgiving Card with the message
"To the heart that knows contentment, every day is Thanksgiving" So very, very true!!

Thanks so much Jeanne. I love the flavored hot chocolates & will mark the seeds from you so I will remember where I got them when I plant them in the Spring.

Didn't get Melinda's out today. Sure hope I get it done to mail tomorrow. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hi, ladies-Just received my swap from Jeanne:
F=French Dwarf Marigolds seeds
A=Recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole (with several other
recipes included)
M=Red Grandpa Ott's Morning Glory Seeds
I=Mint Hot Chocolate "i underlined"
L=Hazelnut Hot Chocolate "L underlined"
Y=Yarrow "Love Parade" seeds
and a lovely Thanksgiving Card with the message
"To the heart that knows contentment, every day is Thanksgiving" So very, very true!!

Thanks so much Jeanne. I love the flavored hot chocolates & will mark the seeds from you so I will remember where I got them when I plant them in the Spring.

Didn't get Melinda's out today. Sure hope I get it done to mail tomorrow. Blessings, Margaret

o

Margaret, very nice package from Jeanne.....I also love the message on the card!!!!

And Margaret...you must keep playing BINGO!

Enjoy your day!

Annie

o

Here are today's Bingo words:

Indians
muskets
turkey giblets

Previously used words-----
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries

Nice package you have rec'd Margaret. I have to apologize as I picked the 20th to mail by, and I have mine but am not going to be home tomorrow. Dr. ordered more tests tomorrow and another visit after that, which is nice so don't have to drive an hr. and half back and come back. So mine won't go out until after the 20th. Sorry Beth!
But as soon as I get home it's on it's way!~

So here is where we stand:Melinda sends to Beth
Beth sends to Annie
Annie sends to Jayeanne
Shirley sends to Sue
Sue sends to Jeanne
Jeanne sends to Margaret -sent and rec'd

I hope that you all have a blessed evening and love one another! Hugs, Melinda

o

I'm glad you liked your package, Margaret. I certainly wish you and all OBF members a Happy Thanksgiving.

(... and yes, i agree, keep playing Bingo. Apparently I picked all the wrong words because I only have 4 so far. LOL)

Good luck at the doctor's, Melinda.

Jeanne

o

Jayeanne, your OBF and MNF swaps were sent yesterday...together in a priority flat rate padded envie. I had to remove two items from their comfie boxes to manage the envelope but I think things should arrive A-OK. Let me know if anything breaks. Delivery should be Thursday or Friday. OBF (THANKSGIVING BLESSINGS) items are wrapped in WHITE TISSUE and a WHITE envelope. MNF (I AM THANKFUL)items are wrapped in RED TISSUE and a PINK envelope.
Tracking label # 9114901159815338566452

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie
And I forgot...congrats Jayeanne on the scramble.

o

Here are today's Bingo Words!

kid's table
parade

Previously used words:
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries
Indians
muskets
turkey giblets

Good luck! I will catch up on posts tomorrow!
Good night, Melinda

o

My BINGO started off great but has went down hill, still only 7 words.

Shirley

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Had lots of rain today , getting some tomorrow & maybe rain mixed with snow for Friday, then lots colder the weekend. It's that time of year for us in Iowa, huh, Mellon? Thanks for asking about the coral bells. I really like all of them & planted some miniatures this fall. If you have some extra this next Spring, please let me know. Maybe we can trade some.

Melinda- I sent your package today & hope you enjoy all things in it. The tracking # is 9114 9011 5981 5569 7501 56
It shouldn't take too long to get to Ark. from here so maybe by Saturday.

Pray all are doing well. Blessings, Margaret

o

Hello, Lovely Ladies-Had lots of rain today , getting some tomorrow & maybe rain mixed with snow for Friday, then lots colder the weekend. It's that time of year for us in Iowa, huh, Mellon? Thanks for asking about the coral bells. I really like all of them & planted some miniatures this fall. If you have some extra this next Spring, please let me know. Maybe we can trade some.

Melinda- I sent your package today & hope you enjoy all things in it. The tracking # is 9114 9011 5981 5569 7501 56
It shouldn't take too long to get to Ark. from here so maybe by Saturday.

Pray all are doing well. Blessings, Margaret

o

Well temps are going up a little woke up to 24 degrees...brrrrrrr.....Its cold! LOL

Annie - Ill be watching for your package, thanks for letting me know. =)

Shirley - yes Im not big on the TV, games, xboxing, and those sorts of things....Im very happy with the martial arts program he is in, Im very thankful and very proud of him and he is doing his best and enjoys it. He was promoted to leadership only about a month ago (which means he is helping others now =)

Melinda - I sent you an email for the unscramble game.

Enjoy the day ladies! Im cleaning and organizing today!

Jaye

o

Beth, just found your package at the front door. I am headed out the door in a few minutes....will open and post later today.

Enjoy the day!!

Annie

o

Thu, Nov 21, 13 at 13:38

Shirley, I have not forgot you. I will let you know when I send.

Seems like we went from summer to winter temperature-wise. We almost always have more moderate temps in Oct/Nov. It is just plain cold. Still have Spring bulbs to plant. Kept waiting for those 'warmer' temps, but it seems it's not to be. I WILL still get the bulbs out, though.

Margaret, I have LOTS of coral bells. Some I still have the names, and some have lost their name tags. I will gladly send you any in the Spring.

Is anyone even close to a Bingo? I'm not! But it is fun to play.

My sister, Carol, has been here the past 3 days with her dog. We always have the BEST time. The plan was to bake pumpkin 'stuff.' But after she got here, she just wanted to hang out.....which was fine with me. She now lives with Mom 45 min. away so we do get to see each other often. I am soooo glad she moved back to Iowa from Texas. I am being selfish.

Have a super day, all.
ME

o

Hey Annie! part 2 of your wonderful package arrived! =)

F - For a change, some different cabbage..tonchuda cabbage, and savoy di piarenza cabbage wow! these sound good! (love cabbage!)

R - Recipe..."cream spinach" cant wait to try this!

I - I know you like peppers.... I sure do! pepper seeds were Yellow peter pepper (been trying to find this all year! LOL) Caloro Pepper and Shishito Pepper...cant wait to get these started!

E - Eat your spinach... spinach seeds were Hablitzia Tamnoides, and Red Malabar Spinach

N - not pink for your Christmas tree was - a beautiful Christmas stocking with the letter "J" on it - (the little one thought this was his when he saw the letter J - his name also starts with J - LOL

D - Dont forget the salt and pepper... a beautiful pair of little birds that are salt and pepper shakers - they are precious Annie! I already have them on the table =)

Thank you so much Annie! I feel truly blessed.
Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving,
Jayeanne

o

I just had a whole post written, don't know where it went. So will just post the bingo words for today and post the other things tomorrow. It's been a blah day, but after about 6 paragraphs of things,don't want to redo it all right now!

So today's BINGO WORDS-----
friends
squash
family feast

Previous words used------
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries
Indians
muskets
turkey giblets
kids table
parade

Am glad to see packages flying and arriving. Will catch that up tomorrow. Good luck and have fun! Hugs, Melinda

o

Sue-Your package was mailed today...It should arrive on Monday.

After 15 years of driving my SUV blazer I bought another SUV and plan to sell the blazer. I have never been one of those who every year or so buy new vehicles. The one I bought is a 2005 Ford Explorer so we will see if I like it better than the Chevrolet.

Night Ladies....Yeah tomorrow is Friday

Shirley

o

Thanks for the heads up Shirley!

Jeanne, your package will go out today IF the streets don't flood because...........IT'S RAINING!!! HOORAY !!!
I know most of you consider rain a common event or sometimes an inconvenience but to us it is HEAVEN. We have not had measurable rain since Sept 9th and this is a nice steady rain. My husband planted a winter lawn which should love this!!

o

Good morning ladies! Here's where we stand on the swap!
Melinda sends to Beth-sent
Beth sends to Annie -sent and rec'd
Annie sends to Jayeanne -sent and rec'd
Shirley sends to Sue-sent
Sue sends to Jeanne
Margaret sends to Melinda-sent

I hope this is right, if anyone sees anything wrong, plmk.
Ok now for BINGO WORDS------

bread
Mayflower

Previous words are-----
Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries
Indians
muskets
turkey giblets
kids table
parade
friends
squash
family feast

Now, does anyone have anything they want to add as a family tradition or blessings they've rec'd this year?
Most of you already know, that I had Stage 3 invasive breast cancer 2 1/2 years ago. I feel blessed everyday that I am still here and loving my grandchildren and family I have left. My mother died 7 years ago with the same type of cancer. I am blessed to have been her daughter, she was a wonderful mother and taught me gardening and wintersowing and have many flowers left that we wintersowed together! I am blessed that I live where I can get outdoors in the beautiful woods and creeks and walk when I feel like it and soak up nature, it is definitely a good therapy for me! I don't take things for granted anymore! Never a day goes by that I am not thankful for something.
I am blessed with 3 grandsons and a granddgt. So far, they are the light of my life and have been good to me. My oldest grandson just bought me this new computer as a surprise (and boy was it!).
I have faith that all things work out the way they are supposed to, and hopefully someday will find a man that will love me, deformities and all.
So love one another today, don't forget to stop and count your blessings, we all have them, even when times are tough!
I'm going to ask for prayer from those of you who pray for myself. I am going into surgery next Wednesday as they have found something in my left kidney. They don't want to wait until after Thanksgiving, so my dgt. and I will do most of the cooking on Tuesday and she will stay with me after that and finish up on Thanksgiving. It is suppose to be a one day thing. I have utmost faith that it is not cancer, but prayers are a good thing. For me anyway!

Good luck on the bingo game. I sent all my packages for the 2 game winners and Beth's this morning. I have the tracking # Beth if you need it.

Big hugs to you all today! Melinda

o

This is my oldest grandson Austin and my granddgt. Kaitlin, they are 2 months apart in age. Her being the oldest.

o

This is my oldest also with the middle one being Tanner and the little one being Stoney Matthew. They all make my life worth going!

o

Melinda, thoughts and prayers for you.....be well!!!!

I apologize for not posting my "Thanksgiving Blessings" from Beth last night. Came home to lots of rain, more than had been predicted, so some clean up needed to be done pronto. It was a welcome clean up.....Sue from AZ is right on....the rain is HEAVEN to us out here. Sue and Beth enjoy the pitter patter of the rain drops!!! Our rain meter shows 4 inches fell yesterday.....DIVINE!!

And now for my WONDERFUL box from Beth......

*A lovely THANKSGIVING card

F A M I L Y....

F...Bronze Fennel seeds. Beth uses this as filler in her flower garden and in Boquets. Bronze Fennel is also a yummy for the Swallowtails and the Caterpillars.

A...Apples make it yummy...Beth sent me a recipe for BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH APPLES AND RAISANS.....this sounds good!

M...Muncher Cucumber seeds are a tasty treat......I bet they are.

I...Inglenook Cookbook is headed my way. You know I love wine...will love this cookbook. I will let you know after I receive.

L...A Little Lady and a Little Man....Little Pilgrims. These are darling!

Y...YUMMIES....Home made Caramel Corn from a favorite family recipe, "Skinners Caramel Corn". And also something that will last a a little longer than the caramel corn...a beautiful dish towel with YUMMY vegetables on it, onions, tomatoes, peppers.

Well, your not kidding about the YUMMIES. Just around midnight, my husband and I cut that vacum packed bag of Skinners Caramel Corn and enjoyed. That was really good and it had nuts in it too...delicious! There is one little clump left...LOL!

Beth, I can not thank you enough!!! What a cool box of F A M I L Y!!!!

Annie

o

Another very nice package! Thanks for the be well thoughts Annie!
Anybody want to share some pics or blessings or traditions, I'd love to see or hear them!
Have a great day!
Melinda

o

Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 19:13

Melinda, I do remember when you were sick a couple of years ago, and you dropped out for a period of time.....understandably. I will be praying for you especially on Wednesday and for the Doctors.

Shirley, your package went out today so you should get it before Thanksgiving.

Enjoyed the pics above. Handsome guys and lovely young lady.

ME

o

Melinda-Prayers for you today and Wednesday, may God hold your hand during the surgery. I truly believe in prayer and it's what gets me through this life. Your grandkids are so handsome and beautiful. I feel the same about grandkids. I love the tag that says IF I HAD KNOWN GRANDKIDS WERE SO GREAT I WOULD HAVE HAD THEM FIRST.

Annie-Nice box from Beth....glad you, Sue and Beth are enjoying the rain. We get lots of rain here in the Blue Ridge Mountains but did have a drought one year.

We are spending Thanksgiving with our Son this year. He has an indoor pool so the young kids are excited about swimming at this time of year. We always have fun no matter where we gather.

Shirley

o

Melinda, I'll be praying that the outcome of your surgery is positive. Have a Happy Early Thanksgiving. I loved seeing the pictures of your family.

As for Thanksgiving traditions, I guess the biggest one for me is that we begin our meal with fruit salad (mixed fresh and canned fruit) topped with a scoop of sherbet and it's served in little pedestal style depression glassware that belonged to my maternal grandparents years ago. The pedestal part is metal; obviously they have been used for many, many years on Thanksgiving and Christmas. As the family grew I needed a few more and sure enough I looked online and one of the places were you can list and sell things had some! Amazing what you can find online.

In case i'm not back to post again before Thursday, I'm wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeanne

o

Good morning ladies! Thanks for the prayers! I do believe in the power of prayer!
Sounds like all are going to have a great Thanksgiving! That is amazing that you have those little depression glassware still, Jeanne.
I hope everyone has a great day today!

So this is where we are on the packages! Some great ones by the way! ---------

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley-sent
Sue sends to Jeanne - ?sent
Margaret sends to Melinda- sent

Ok for BINGO WORDS----

pilgrim
family
thanksgiving

Previous words are--------

Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries
Indians
muskets
turkey giblets
kids table
parade
friends
squash
family feast
bread
Mayflower

Someone ought to be getting close by now!
Hugs and
Good Luck to all! Melinda

o

Annie, glad the package arrived OK and that you enjoyed it. Hope the cookbook is fun. I looked for a bottle from Inglenook but could not find one. ( sorry there)
Melinda, I'm sure I remember your Mom. I think she was my secret pal many years ago. What a generous and thoughtful gal she was.
You are in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us posted, (hugs)
bb

o

Hello ladies! Hope everyone is having a good day! Yes, Beth you did swap with my mother and a lot did. Don't see the names anymore of all the people that use to be regulars! So many new names!

Well, I got my wonderful package from Margaret yesterday!
Rec'd-----
F--favorite seeds, and I love them!
R--real sweet candy and loved the peppermint kisses and
the andes peppermint, all wrapped in little white draw-
string cloth bag
I- I'm so pleased to be sending to you!
E- earrings, beautiful silver pinecones with pink shimmery
on them
N- purse Kleenex with n underlined
D- dutch iris, purple sensation Love them. Have some but
not these!!
and also a recipe for chocolate frosting that sounds devine!
Thank you so very much Margaret! A wonderful pkg.

Now BINGO WORDS-------

dressing
leftovers

Previous words-------

Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries
Indians
muskets
turkey giblets
kids table
parade
friends
squash
family feast
bread
Mayflower
pilgrim
family
Thanksgiving

Good Luck ! Anyone close yet?

Now on PACKAGES------

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley-sent
Sue sends to Jeanne - sent
Margaret sends to Melinda- sent and rec'd

Very cold here today! Suppose to get some freezing rain. I hope wherever you all are that you are warm and things are well! Hugs, Melinda

o

I need three..getting close.

My DD and I went to see The Hunger Games:Catching Fire. Loved it and there will definitely be a #3 with the way this one ended.

Melinda-Cold here as well...no yard work for me today after Church.

Shirley

o

Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 11:43

Melinda, remind me.....what was your mom's name? GW/Dave's

I am down to needing 2 more words. This is really down to the wire this time.

Got some more snow overnight. Was surprised to see it this morning as I don't recall that it was 'predicted.' Supposed to be cold all week......20's and 30's.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. My 83 year-young mother is having it at her place, as usual. There will just be 6 of us this year as my others sisters' kids are going to the in-laws including our son and family. Twill be the first Thanksgiving without Dad. Will sure be different.

ME

o

I received the BEST envelope from Shirley!!!

F = Fashion Jewelry ( very pretty!!)
R = Recipe (for Creamy Potoato Soup - looks easy and very yummy!)
I = Morning Glory Seeds (an assortment and can't wait to plant!)
E= Echinacea "Salsa Red" looks gorgeous!
N= Notecards (always come in handy!)
D = Daylily Seeds two kinds ( Shirley knows how I love daylilies!)
S = Sweet Pea Seeds - Blanche Ferry "Summer Love" (another I can't wait to plant)

and a thoughtful and very appropriate Thanksgiving card

Thank you very much Shirley!

Sue G

o

Thank you so much Melinda for game prize... the turkey pot holder and hand towel, I was just thinking that i needed to pick up a new pot holder before thursday...lol Thank you so much I will definitely be using them both =)

Jayeanne

Happy Thanksgiving ladies....

o

Melinda, my prize arrived today, too, and I love what you sent:
Thanksgiving paper napkins and a cute Thanksgiving turkey and fruit screen. It will look cute as a decoration. Thanks so much.

It has turned very cold here and we have rain heading our way. Tomorrow sounds like a good day to stay indoors. We went out today to get our turkey so it can thaw and also got tetanus and whooping cough shots. Apparently if you are going to be around small children now they recommend you get the whooping cough vaccine again. As for tetanus, it was time. Every 10 years. We do lots outdoors so you never know...

Jeanne

o

Glad things are arriving! Sorry for not being on today, have so much to do.

I'll post Bingo Words and get caught up tomorrow!

pecan pie
football
cranberry sauce

Have a good night! Hugs, Melinda

o

OK need two more bingo words....

Glad you liked your swap package Sue...I have so many neat seeds to plant next year. I am hoping Santa will bring me a greenhouse.

Mellen-I received my wonderful package today...Thank you so much.

Mellen chose family and sent:

F-fuzzy socks (I love these and also the color)
A-A lot of seeds (Toad Lilies-Yellow/Orange) (Aster-'Pink Tower') (Cosmos-'Bright Summer Color') more wonderful seeds.
M-Mushy Card
I-Individual notecards made by Mellen's daughter-in-law. Oh my goodness these are beautiful....great job
L-Largest Hosta 'Empress Wu' -Can't wait to see this beauty put on leaves in the Spring. Woo Hoo
Y-Yummy recipe (Pumpkin Jiffy Cake) buying the ingredients to make this for Thanksgiving.

Shirley

o

Good morning! Have a lot to do today, most of the cooking can do ahead of time. Dgt. will be here and finish on Thursday! Been so busy this time of year and then trying to get things done before tomorrow for surgery.
Wow, some very nice pkgs. being sent. I hope everyone liked theirs as well as I did mine!
Mellen- my mother's GW name was MargeC. She was on many years and the one who got me started here. She taught me a lot !
Well, let's see where we are on packages------

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley-sent and rec'd
Shirley sends to Sue-sent and rec'd
Sue sends to Jeanne - sent
Margaret sends to Melinda- sent and rec'd

Wow, just 2 left to arrive! That is wonderful! Great job ladies!

Now for BINGO WORDS-----------

desert
acorns

Previous words-----

Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries
Indians
muskets
turkey giblets
kids table
parade
friends
squash
family feast
bread
Mayflower
pilgrim
family
Thanksgiving
pecan pie
football
cranberry sauce

Surely someone is almost there!
I will be on in the morning before I leave for surgery. Mine isn't until afternoon but have to be there at 11:30, so will leave her around 10:00.
Good Luck to you all! I hope everyone has a great day and stay warm! We are having very low temps for us here for this time of year! Hugs, Melinda

o

Melinda, my fun filled and friendly package arrived yesterday and I'm enjoying it so much.
F- a Fall theme tablecloth and potholders,nice colors and already on the table.
R- recipe for Corn Casserole, I'll pick up the few things I don't have for this and make it Thursday. Sounds great and is a recipe from Melinda's Mom so that ties in Family too.
I- ideal picottee dianthus seeds, sounds pretty and I love dianthus
E- Envelope of seeds, beautiful fall orange packet with seeds for two types of salvia
N- for note carts, these are pretty too and always needed
D- A pair of Thanksgiving Pilgrims, these are so cute. Did you make them?
Also, a perfect size reusable shopping/tote bag I do use these but like this size better than the big ones.
Melinda thank you so much for all the thoughtful goodies.
You remain in my prayers and thoughts, Sending hugs
Bethb

o

So very glad that you liked your package! I had fun trying to decide what to send! Thanks to everyone for the prayers and best wishes!
Yes, I did paint them. I found them a couple years ago and painted. Garage sale or something. They are cute!
Have a great day all!
No Bingo yet?
Hugs to all, Melinda

o

Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 15:24

Shirley, you are welcome for the pkg. It was fun to send to you after being 'gone' for awhile.

Melinda, I remember your mom now. Niiiiice lady!

I need 1 more word. Want me to just tell you what it is, and we can call it? LOLOL

Did some errands this morning. Needed to do more, but it is just frigid with the blustery wind! I did get a couple of bags of daffies planted yesterday afternoon. More to go but not today!

Melinda, still praying.
ME

o

Mellen I need one word as well....we probably need the same word.

Got home and the house felt cooler than normal so I checked the thermostat and found the heat was not coming on at all....thank goodness our Son-In-Law knows all these people who work for him that can fix a heating unit...the guy came right out and fixed it. Temps are way to cold for no heat.

Melinda....God be with you tomorrow....prayers for a speedy recovery.

Shirley

o

I have been gone for a couple of days....BINGO need one more!!

Loving these Thanksgiving Blessings packages!!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

Good morning to all! I am sure Jeanne has her package, she said might be awhile before she got back on.
Thanks to all of you for sending such thoughtful packages and all before Thanksgiving! Yeah!

Well here are the BINGO WORDS-----------

North America
Thursday

Previous words------------

Happy Thanksgiving
Plymouth rock
hunting
corn
gravy
cornucopia
apple cider
pilgrim's hat
turkey
mashed potatoes
oysters
Provincetown
pumpkin pie
turkey drumstick
fruit salad
Massachusetts
November
harvest
bows/arrows
cranberries
Indians
muskets
turkey giblets
kids table
parade
friends
squash
family feast
bread
Mayflower
pilgrim
family
Thanksgiving
pecan pie
football
cranberry sauce
desert
acorns

I wish you all good luck!
I probably won't see who Bingo's until later.
Wishing you all a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm off to get ready to go for surgery. Did most of my cooking yesterday. Dgt. just has to do turkey and few other things.
Hugs to all! Melinda

o

My wonderful package from Sue arrived this afternoon. Sue went way beyond "simple" but I do appreciate everything so much. Sue used the word friend. She underlined the letter in the words of the items... I did that, too!

F - Daffodil bulbs (I absolutely love daffodils and had not bought any this year and they are so beautiful - double, ruffled varieties!)
R = Recipe for Cajun Roasted Pecans (sound great)
I = Moose Rain Gauge (This is so cute. The moose is holding an umbrella)
E = Plant markers (always handy)
N = Cardinal ornament (very pretty)
D = Seeds (several packs - some favorites!)

A Thanksgiving card, a pack of walnuts - which sound very handy for Thanksgiving dinner - and a Quilt Sampler magazine. Wow, once I get everything sort of together for Thanksgiving I will relax and enjoy my quilt magazine.

Thanks so much, Sue, for this stupendous package!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and Melinda, thanks for being the hostess. I haven't checked Bingo today, but was pretty far behind so I don't think I have it.

Jeanne

o

Happy Thanksgiiving Ladies! Here's hoping you all have a wonderful and blessed day! I'm fixing to post the last of the words!
So the first one who hollers wins!

BINGO WORDS----------

PUMPKINS
GREEN SALAD
BLACK FRIDAY

So I know that someone now has the bingo! Good luck!
My blessing for today is no cancer found. Pretty sore, but thanking God and all those who prayed!
Hug your loved ones and have great day! Melinda

o

Thu, Nov 28, 13 at 11:32

Bingo!

Melinda, Thanking the Lord for no cancer. God is good.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ME

o

Beth, my Inglenook cook book arrived. It came on Tuesday but am now just opening my mail. I apologize for the delay in reporting! This cook book is a reprint of the original 1901 edition...yes, I said 1901. A quick peruse.....very interesting recipes. Recipes/cooking in 1901 was certainly different than it is today. Home made noodles will be the first recipe I try. Thank you so much. I love this!!!!

Melinda, what great news!!! No cancer....rejoice!!

Mary Ellen...congrats on BINGO!!!!!!

And Melinda, thank you for a super swap. To all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Annie

o

Happy Thanksgiving!

So happy for your news, Melinda.
I've really enjoyed the swap. Thank you for being such a great hostess. I hope you heal quickly, but it's nice to have the surgery behind you.

Congratulations on Bingo, Mary Ellen!

Jeanne

o

Mellen-Congrats...on BINGO Some wonderful packages sent and received.

Great News Melinda....God is good.

Happy Thanksgiving ladies...so blessed to be in this great group. Looking forward to our December swap.

Shirley

o

Congratulations, Mary Ellen!!! You got the Bingo!
Thanks to all who prayed and gave me good thoughts! I had a good day, albeit a very painful one! Hate the pain meds, but can't do without them.
But the pain lets me know I am blessed, thanks be to God and all who prayed!
I have enjoyed all you ladies again! I do hope that you all had a blessed day also!
You have made this a great swap and I am thrilled it went so well! Seems everyone rec'd a very nice package!
Thanks again! Looking forward to the December swap now!
Hugs to all, Melinda

P.S. Mary Ellen please send me your addy and I'll get your prize out to you!

o

Fri, Nov 29, 13 at 13:10

Happy day after Thanksgiving! Anyone go shopping early today? Me? Not interested, thanks.

This has been a fun month here. Lots of nice gifts.

I really won, eh? Thanks. Sending you my addy shortly, Melinda.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
ME

o

What a great month it has been...Thanks Melinda for hosting this month.

Maryanne-If you check in just a reminder that you are the host for December. I will try and remember to send you a message on facebook.

Another day to spend with family tomorrow. DH's family has a get together the Saturday after Thanksgiving so it's tomorrow. His family is so huge we rent a school house so the kids can have the gym to play in. Of course us adults have to play to so we always have a volleyball game after lunch.

Mellen-I actually went to Wal-Mart last night and stood in line for a fabulous sheet sale. If it's one thing I like it's good sheets and these were 700 thread count for $24.96. DH and I were the second ones in line so we got 7 sets. Some I got for family members, there was no limit.

Shirley

o

Again, I want to thank all of you for participating in the swap! I had fun and hope you all did also!

Wow, what a great deal on the sheets, Shirley! I didn't do any shopping yet, but couldn't have if wanted to. Pretty much doing nothing. We had a great Thanksgiving, thanks to my dgt. We made everything ahead of time as much as possible and she finished it up and did the turkey.
Yes, Mellen you won. I will get your prize out Monday. Don't think I am able to drive yet, so will have to have someone take it for me. And our po closes at 11 today so won't get it out before then.
May you all have a wonderful weekend! God Bless and Big Hugs to all! Melinda

o

Thanks again Melinda for a wonderful month of "Thanksgiving Blessings"....we OBFERS are a lovely group!

Shirley, great deal on the sheets!!!! I am with you on high thread count sheets.....my skin loves them...LOL!

Happy day!!

Annie

o

December can you believe it, this year has flown by.

I have sent Maryanne a message so hopefully she will see it and respond about hosting for December.

Night Ladies,

Shirley

o

Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 0:59

Melinda, Just wanted to let you know that today I received the gift you sent......for winning Bingo. Very much appreciated!
Thanks,
ME

o

Well, I guess that concludes my swap. All prizes are rec'd and all packages have been rec'd. I enjoyed it and hope all did also. Feel free to do whatever you want with the prizes! Just fun things!
I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!
Now it's on to Merry Christmas! Melinda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here