Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

New: OBF Nov. Swap - Thanksgiving Treats

sandlapper_rose
13 years ago

First of all, let me mention that Our Bloomin' Friends is a membership group and we hold a monthly swap here at the Round Robin Forum. You must be a member in order to participate. If you are interested in joining, you need to contact Shirley or Carol. If you contact me by e-mail, I will get more information to you about that.

Here is the information about the November Swap. The title is Thanksgiving Treats. The treats will be of your choice but should reflect the season. They do not have to be edibles, but think about the harvest season and Thanksgiving. You can send edible treats for your swap partner, garden seeds, a favorite family recipe that is served at your house for Thanksgiving dinner, fall napkins (paper or cloth), something with a turkey design on it, napkin rings, or maybe something with a pumpkin or Indian corn or a Pilgrim design, something to use on the Thanksgiving dinner table, or whatever other kinds of things you think the person would enjoy receiving.

This part is essential, what you send must fit in a small flat rate priority box. The kind that cost $4.95 to ship. If you don't have access to that kind of box, just look up the size limitations and use one of that size.

Once we have finished signing up for this, everyone will play a game and that will determine who you will send to for this month. The theme for the game will be the Thanksgiving Dinner Table. As you sign up, I will secretly select an item that goes with your name - cranberry sauce, gravy, pumpkin pie, etc. When it is time to see who you send to - after everyone has signed up - I will put the list of what is on the table here for all to see and you will post here to select something from the list. This will be in no particular order - just a free for all for whoever gets in line first. The first person to pick the item will send to that person who is represented by the item. I will provide the "key" once everyone has selected something from the table.

Okay, so hopefully this sounds simple, inexpensive, and fun.

Please sign up by Nov. 3rd. We will start serving ourselves from the table on the 4th and you will mail your package by Nov. 15th. That should give us time for everyone to get online and pick something from the table and for the boxes to reach their destination in time for Thanksgiving.

If you have any questions, let me know... and with that, I am signing myself up! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Jeanne

Comments (93)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's where we are now with our food choices:
    turkey picked by Melinda
    gravy picked by Dottie
    apple pie picked by Melissa
    cranberry sauce picked by Dan
    dressing (stuffing) by April
    sweet potatoes picked by Margo
    mashed potatoes picked by Laura
    pumpkin pie picked by Vina
    biscuits (dinner rolls)
    green bean casserole
    corn on the cob

Okay, so now we just need a return visit from Shirley so she can pick something different and to hear from Sue G. and then I will make the final pick. Don't worry. I love Thanksgiving leftovers!

Jeanne

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Thanksgiving plans? You betcha! First there's the dinner hosted by my oldest sister. The whole family will be there except for my brother, which is just fine with me. Laura, I know exactly what you mean about a little "extra" being needed for those family get-togethers! With that in mind, could you pass me some of that rum? You can keep the coke though, it'd just water down the rum...lol!
    Then, after the family thing, it's back to my house to enjoy the rest of a 4-day weekend. No Black Friday mobscenes for me either. We're just gonna kick back and make a smaller version of the thanksgiving meal here on that Friday, complete with my "from scratch" cranberry sauce! The lemon and orange zest makes all the difference! YUM!
    Since all the cooking will be done already, Saturday and Sunday are going to be two awesome days of laziness, something I don't get to do very often. While I'm being lazy those days, I'll be going through the lists on Kym's Christmas Card Swap to see just who I can play Santa for.
    And that will be my holiday weekend. What's everyone else got planned?

Later!
    -Dan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Afternoon ALL!!

Just finished bring in my Brugs & some firewood. We are under a freeze warning. It's too soon for that crap!!

We are headed to a resort in Gulf Shores Alabama for Thanksgiving this year!!Hoping that the temps will still be warm enough to play in the sand,if not I'll "try" to console myself in the indoor pool & many hot tubs. My sister from Lousianna will hopefully join us that Wed & Thurs.Haven't decided if I want to cook or not. We may just go out for seafood that day!!

later...April

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shirley? Sue G? The food is getting cold. LOL

Anyway, I suspect we may hear from them later today or tomorrow. If not, I will let each of you know who to send to by Sunday and then the three of us who remain can make sure no one gets herself.

Yes, it is getting quite a bit colder here, too. Doesn't bother me a bit. I suffered enough with that long hot summer --- even if I need to put a sweater on, it will feel good! As soon as the frost gets my plants, I will clean up the flower beds. They really need cleaning up, but I figured I would let Mother Nature help.

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Green Bean Casserole sounds good to me.

My family gets together Thangsgiving Day and then on Saturday DH's family. Way too many calories for two huge meals but we love it.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Shirley has been served!

Here's where we are now with our food choices:
    turkey picked by Melinda
    gravy picked by Dottie
    apple pie picked by Melissa
    cranberry sauce picked by Dan
    dressing (stuffing) by April
    sweet potatoes picked by Margo
    mashed potatoes picked by Laura
    pumpkin pie picked by Vina
    biscuits (dinner rolls)
    green bean casserole picked by Shirley
    corn on the cob

Actually, I am going to go ahead and tell who we each send to because Sue G. is corn on the cob and cannot pick that food or she would be sending to herself, so I am going to list that she picked biscuits (dinner rolls) and I will pick corn on the cob. YUM! I hope that is okay with you, Sue.

Here is how it played out.
    I was the turkey. Melinda sends to me (Jeanne.)
    Dan was the gravy. Dottie sends to Dan.
    Margo was the apple pie. Melissa send to Margo.
    Shirley was the cranberry sauce. Dan sends to Shirley.
    Dottie was the dressing (stuffing). April sends to Dottie.
    Vina was sweet potatoes. Margo sends to Vina.
    Melinda was mashed potatoes. Laura sends to Melinda.
    Melissa was the pumpkin pie. Vina sends to Melissa.
    Laura was the biscuits(dinner rolls.) Sue G. will send to Laura.
    April was the green bean casserole. Shirley will send to April.
    Sue G. was the corn on the cob. Jeanne will send to Sue G.

Okay, so that takes care of serving dinner. Now we can work on stuffing treats and a Thanksgiving card in one of those little boxes and see how creative we can get. The boxes are small, but I think we can manage to have fun with just a little swap and not have it be a burden right before the holidays.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and if you have any questions, let me know. I am going to print off this list to make sure everyone is on there twice - once to send and once to receive. Don't want to mess it up! Yup, just printed it out and it looks like it turned out right.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oops. Sorry about the mention of a Thanksgiving card. That is not required. I am also hosting the Seeds & Stitches Swap for November and that swap involved a card. Of course, you can include one for this swap if you like, but it is not necessary for OBFs.
    Again, hope that is clear as gravy! LOL
    Jeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Yeah! Sounds great! Please send me your addy Jeanne! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Melinda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

just e-mailed shirley for her address...lol. this box has been waiting for dinner to be served, oh yeah! and now we get to send'em out... yeehaw!!!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sue G., I mailed your swap today. I had to go into town and had the small flat rate box already so off it went. Please let me know when it arrives and I hope you like it.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Jeanne

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

I now have Shirley's address, so I'll be mailing my box to her in the morning. Haven't heard from Dottie yet.
    -Dan

• earthlydelights
    13 years ago

happy sunday everyone. did ya all remember to turn the clocks back?

swap sounds fun jeanne, love the food idea of a pick. sorry i didn't get to join, i did get a box, but i didn't know what to put in one that size. i was still so concerned that my october box still hadn't been delivered, but from tracking, i can see that it finally got there on friday. i need to head to the post office tomorrow to complain. that took way too long.

we have had some light frost, you can see it early on the grass or the car windows. but i am loving this weather. i'll take the cold over the hot any day.

shirley, glad to hear we will be having some new players join and i'm so sorry to hear about sharon. can you email me her (physical) address if you still have it? i'd like to get a card out.

laura, i'd need more than a R&C!!! LOL

dan, my friend makes the fresh cranberry sauce every year, so different than that canned stuff, although i admit, i do like the canned stuff also. if there's every any left, i usually use some to make some kind of cake or muffin the next day, or even as a filling to a cake.

i usually cook dinner, make way too much food, at least whoever wants it, walks away with a decent plate for their leftovers.

have a great day,
    maryanne

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Hi Dan,

I haven't forgotten you! I was figuring that I had your address on the bio sheets that were done before, but now that I look for it, I find I don't. Guess you sneaked in under the wire when I wasn't paying attention. I did look you up on previous posts and found photos of Bump and Stella, though. They are SO cute!

I am working on your box, so if you will send me your address, I will get my act together and get it out to you.

Maryanne, isn't the weather DIVINE?? I've been working on leaf raking for several days (lots of leaves, lots of flower beds, lots of wine at the end of the day :) We still haven't had a hard frost here, and my cannas are still standing tall. Not so much the EEs, who are falling down one leaf at a time.

I haven't been posting a lot lately because my little dog, who is 14, has been needing attention. She has had another bout of pancreatitis. And now it's been decided that she has Cushings disease. After being hospitalized for a couple of days with IVs, she has had to have chicken and rice meals twice a day and a variety of pills for a week. She's much better now, but I could not seem to get much else done except cook and care for my dog. Now she'll be on a super low fat diet, so this morning I spent reading the ingredients on prepared dog foods at the Rosedale Mills store. As someone here previously said, getting old isn't as much fun as it should be.

On that note, off I go to bust my a** on leaves one more time. Starting is the hard part, right?

Dottie

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Just wanted to let Jeanne know that her box is on it's way! Have a great evening all! Melinda

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Shirley, your box is on it's way! The dc# is out in the car, so I'll post it tomorrow.
    Dottie, I'm dropping you an e-mail in a minute or so.

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Jeanne, can you let Miss Bunny know that her box will be going out either tomorrow or Thursday. I have everything, its just the logistics of getting it in the box. :)

Thanks and have a great day!
    vina

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Melinda, I'll let you know when my box arrives. Definitely looking forward to it.
    Vina, I will let Melissa know you will be mailing today or tomorrow. You are right about the logistics of getting things into the box. When I set this up I was thinking "Keep this simple" but not so simple finding small things and trying to cram every bit of it into the small flat rate box. I hope most people managed. LOL
    Dottie, Sorry your little dog is ailing. They sure are part of the family.
    Who is our hostess for December? Wondering what ideas are brewing for that one.
    Jeanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Afternoon All!!
    Just popping in to let Dottie know that her package went out today. DC#9405 5036 9930 0395 0254 58

later...April

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks, Jeanne. She's actually back pretty much to her old self now. Hates the rice diet, lol, but so would I! She sure is family; and my faithful walking partner.

April, I'll be on the lookout!

Dan, Yours is on its way, too. DC # 0309 3220 0000 8219 0270. Oh damn, damn DAMN! I forgot to put something in I meant to! Just thought of it now. Oh well, I'm saving it for the next time I draw your name in a swap!

Dottie

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Hello all,
    Melinda, your Turkey flew the coop today. DC# is 9405503699300398248434. As soon as I was done taping, I noticed the 'supervisors' had pulled out and chewed on the note that was supposed to be inside. Just pretend there is one full of holiday good wishes, and a warning to pull the blue part out carefully because there are things inside.
    Enjoy,
    ~Laura

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Dottie, your package(s) came today...lol! I loved it all, even the way you packaged it! It was great to come home after an 11-hour day at work to open it up, thank you!
    Okay, for the benefit of everyone else, let me tell you what Dottie did. She took 2 of the small flat-rate boxes, filled them to bursting, and then sent them in a bigger box. Finding boxes within boxes always reminds me of Christmas mornings when I was but a young lad. Lol! Not only was there a great card, but a letter, which is always nice! There were seeds, paring knives, cookie cutters, a bottle topper with a vase full of blue flowers, a sauce brush, wooden pumpkins for me to paint, cloth napkins, an excellent table runner, paper napkins, and dark chocolate cherries. Someone sure did their homework! I may have forgotten something, but my eyes are shutting so you all will have to forgive me. I'm off to bed now, and it's just after 7pm.
    Dottie, THANK YOU!!!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My package from Melinda arrived today. It was packed with all kinds of fall and Thanksgiving things. Melinda, you sent great things. Thanks so much. There was a Thanksgiving card, two packets of hot chocolate (I have already enjoyed one of them), a cute fall bookmark (that is already in the book that I began reading this afternoon), a fall dish towel, a note pad, a set of stationery (all with fall designs), and a wooden scarecrow. He is already out on display and I will keep him with my fall decorations.
    Thanks again for everything and Happy Thanksgiving.

Melissa let me know that her package is on its way to Margo. I know you will post when you receive it and I will let her know. Even though it's a little confusing to get her involved in the swaps because she can't read GardenWeb, I'm sure she would like to do one with us from time to time so keep her in mind.

Jeanne

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

My package from April arrived today. It was a packet of sugar cookie mix and cookie cutters in the shapes of the fall season, a pilgrim magnet (very cute!), a packet of cupcake cookie stencils (I've never seen them before and they look like such fun!), a package of six votive candles which smell lovely, a pretty card and recipe for April's family's Carrot cake. Thank you, April! I will make the cookies for DH, who is arriving home from a trip tomorrow, and for my college-going son, who is coming home this weekend.

Dan, I'm glad your box arrived in good time. God bless the post office, and you poor fellows who have to work for 11 hours a day this time of year. I hope you are sleeping like a baby and will have some time off over the weekend.

I'm off to forage for dinner.

Cheers,
    Dottie

• sguanzon
    13 years ago

I received my box from Jeanne earlier this week and you won't believe all she managed to get in the box!

Thanksgiving napkins
    Fall type stickers (I absolutely love stickers!)
    Rose Campion seeds
    The cutest Thanksgiving card
    An assortment of candies (yum)
    A Thanksgiving gift bag full of plant markers
    Chocolate Silk Morning Glory seeds (one of my wants!)
    Choc Joe Pye Weed and Black Eyed Susan and Japanese M.G. seeds (more of my faves!)
    Packets of spiced apple cider (starting to get cold here at night so very timely!)
    Recipe cards (which I will use soon...)
    and a 2011-12 month planner!

Thanks so much I love it all...I'll be getting my box out to my partner in the next couple days!

Sue G.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Glad you liked what I sent, Sue. As I've already mentioned, it was a challenge getting things into the box! LOL

Here is where we are at with what has been mailed, received, etc.

Melinda sent to Jeanne. RECEIVED
    Dottie sent to Dan. RECEIVED
    Melissa sends to Margo. MAILED
    Dan sends to Shirley. MAILED
    April sent to Dottie. RECEIVED
    Margo sends to Vina.
    Laura sends to Melinda. MAILED
    Vina sends to Melissa. MAILED
    Sue G. will send to Laura.
    Shirley will send to April.
    Jeanne sent to Sue G. RECEIVED

I hope I got all of this straight from reading the messages. If there are any corrections, just let me know.
    Jeanne

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

I'm amazed at how much yall can fit into those little boxes! It felt like origami sliding this inside of that, folded around the other...
    ~Laura

• earthlydelights
    13 years ago

hi everyone. hope you are all well and enjoying some wonderful weather. i don't think it's going to last long here though, as rain is on its way.

the swap boxes all sound like fun. can't believe we are halfway through november already!

stay well,
    maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

My box from Shirley arrived today!!! Inside there was:
    ~Fall Tablecloth
    ~Turkey Hot Pads
    ~Fall Leaves Salt & Pepper Shaker Set
    ~Assorted Candies
    ~Fall Leaves Cream & Sugar set

My table will be very festive!!! Thanks soo much Shirley!!

later...April

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm passing this along from Melissa:

Please pass this message on to the group.
    I received my box from Vina today! She sent lots of goodies: some Hershey's miniatures, a Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer dvd (yay! I really look forward to watching this, I LOVE this movie!), a cinnamon scented pot trivet, crocheted butterfly magnet, a garden magnet (with daffodils), and a 2011 flower calendar (which I really needed!).
    Thank you so much, Vina! I love everything!
    I really appreciate Jeanne making it possible for me to take part of this swap. I really miss everyone. Hopefully, things will work out & we'll be able to get a computer soon.
    It's been especially difficult to homeschool the kids without one. But I love a challenge! :)
    Hugs to all!
    Melissa

...and here's the update on our list:
    Melissa sends to Margo. MAILED
    Dan sends to Shirley. MAILED
    Margo sends to Vina.
    Laura sends to Melinda. MAILED
    Vina sends to Melissa. RECEIVED
    Sue G. will send to Laura.
    Shirley sent to April. RECEIVED

Okay, off to run some errands. I love fall, but don't like the part about it getting dark so early.

Jeanne

• smitties
    13 years ago

Sorry about procrastination. My package to Vina is on the way. DC 03102010000169929100.

Hope she enjoys receiving it. Margo

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Sorry I didn't post yesterday! Came in from work and went to bed! But, one good thing of the day was my box from Laura!
    I rec'd the cutest little pumpkin couple, bread and jam spreaders with pumpkins on handle, Christmas apron and oven mitt. Lots of seeds-flowers and veggies! I loved it all. Thanks so much for making a bad day brighter.
    Melinda

• sguanzon
    13 years ago

Sorry for being late! My box is going out to Laura today!

Sue g.

• smitties
    13 years ago

I received my box from Melissa today and it was packed full of fun.

Snail pot gripper with the cutest bulging eyes.
    Reusable shopping bag which I will use all the time.
    12 handy plant markers
    Mint anti-bacterial hand gel and it is the season to start using this.
    Daylily seeds
    A 2 cd set with candle in a tin. The cds are jazz and the candle is cinnamon. Burning and playing for dinner tonight.
    A lastly, a screen door saver in the shape of a hummingbird.

This leads me to a story of something that happened last week. It was a very pleasant evening so we opened our deck door and pulled the screen over. Our little kitten Peanut saw us eating and ran up the stairs, across the deck, and bam, right into the screen. The look on her face was priceless. I don't suppose the hummingbird would be noticed by the kittens. LOL

Thank you Melissa and since I know she doesn't have internet, I will be mailing her a thank you. Margo

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Dan-Sorry I have not posted my box but I am having computer issues again. It's a no no to do this at work but just had to let you know I did receive it...will post the contents when I can.

Shirley

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

okay Shirley, thanks. I saw that it had been delivered, but it's good to know it was delivered to the right person...lol!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

An update:
    Melissa sends to Margo. RECEIVED
    Dan sends to Shirley. RECEIVED
    Margo sends to Vina. MAILED
    Laura sends to Melinda. RECEIVED
    Vina sends to Melissa. RECEIVED
    Sue G. will send to Laura. MAILED
    Shirley sent to April. RECEIVED

Laura and Vina should have their packages very soon - or maybe already have them - and that will wrap up this swap!

I hope it helped to make everyone's November a bit more special.

Jeanne

• veeja11
    13 years ago

I"m back from hawaii to cold windstorm, electric out for first two hrs home. still freezing compared to Maui. ready to swap next month, hope its another simple one. this one looks like it was fun. Almost got washed off boat on snorkel trip. Greg had to rescue me when I went in to snorkel, I looked down, saw it was 30ft deep and panicked. Greg pushed me back to the boat by my belt. all in all scary adventure. hugs to all my bloomin friends.
    carol

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Glad to hear you made it back home just fine, Carol. I'll bet you had a wonderful vacation. Sounds like quite a change in the weather for you! Anyway, we are glad to have you back in touch. I, too, am wondering about December. (If we think November went by fast, I think December will go by twice as fast!)
    Jeanne

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Carol, Glad you had a good time and survived the snorkel trip! Did you see plumeria??

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

I'm off GW till after Thanksgiving. Who ever Dec hostess is....go ahead & sign me me up. I'll be back Nov 28.

later...April

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all! I am sorry I wasn't able to post until today. My computer caught a virus and my hard drive crashed. I'm am just able to check emails and this thread today.

My package(s) arrived from Margo a couple of days ago (and couldn't have come at a better time! to lift my spirits)

She sent
    -a Thanksgiving card
    -seeds: cotton, sunflower: vanilla ice, lemon queen, citrus, super mane (I LOVE SUNFLOWERS! :), rudbeckia: marmalade (from my want list), helenium mardi gras (another from my want list)
    -snowman playing cards...my daughter snatched these and we've been playing go fish!
    -chocolate candy bars...already gone :0)
    -dark choc. cocoa mixes
    -fall thanksgiving cups
    -beautiful journal book
    -butter cookies...yummy!
    -2 fall pot holders
    -fall dishtowel
    and in surprise pack #2
    -another hand towel
    -and a whole stack of recipes! I'm trying the Individual Apple Crisps today and tonight we are all having the cheesecake smoothies for dessert...SO GOOD!!!

Thanks again Margo!
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
    vina

• veeja11
    13 years ago

boy plumeria is a tree saw lots of it, a nice yellow one outside our hotel balcony. all my fav flowers are trees there

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Hello all,
    I got my box from Sue G. over the weekend and it was literally overflowing with goodies! She sent 4 tulip bulbs, 6 grape hyacinth bulbs, 2 pot holders and a matching dish towel, Thanksgiving scrapbook stickers, leaf shaped decorations, and a pack of fall note cards. I hope I didn't forget anything, it's all great and really made my day!
    ~Laura

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Does anyone know who has December. I am not even sure it isn't me. Remy or Shirley one of you must know. hugs to all my bloomin friends. cold, under 2 ft of snow carol

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Everyone has sent and received.
    Another successful month of swapping!
    Thanks for doing such a great job with the swap.

Jeanne

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Carol,
    I have no clue. You are under 2 feet of snow?!! It hasn't even snowed once here yet this year. I heard it is coming real soon.
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Carol I do not think anyone ever took Dec. If no one steps up for it we can do a Card, Ornament, Favorite Recipe like Jeanne hosted last Dec. That worked out perfect for the hectic month everyone had.

I will post all the info this afternoon for the Dec. swap.

Brittney brought me her lap top computer to use. I have two computers that went down so need to buy a new one. Wal Mart has one on sale Black Friday for $198.00 but I can't stand the thought of standing in line 5 hours to get one.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day for their Thanksgiving Holiday. My family will be gathering at 5:00 so that gives me plenty of time to cook what I need to take.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

We now have two new members who have joined the group.
    Rose and Faye. I have traded with both of these ladies so please welcome Rose and Faye to the group.

Remy-I will e-mail you their e-mail addresses so you can send them a questionaire to fill out.

Shirley

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Shirley, when I was at wal-mart doing some grocery shopping for the weekend, there were over 30 people in line at 6pm for those $198 computers going on sale at 5am. And, you'll love this, there are only 15 of them in the whole store. You just know there are going to be some fights in the morning! Kudoes to you for being wise enough to stay away from that kind of mess!

-Dan

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Welcome, Rose and Faye!
    Very happy to have you join our group.
    I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We have eaten Thanksgiving here at home for years and years and years and years... anyway, you get the picture. This year our younger daughter in Durham wanted to have Thanksgiving at her house. Because of our pets, it's really hard to get away, but we took the dog and spent 9 hours or a little longer in the car and ate with them this year. The food was great and she had set her table so pretty and all. It would have been nice to be able to stay there overnight or something and gotten more of a visit, but normally we both do not leave home at once so we can keep the arrangements normal for our pets. (Those of you with family close by, be thankful! If you have family who will take care of your pets so you can travel, be even more thankful! LOL) We have horses and a cat as well as the dog so about 13 hours was as long as we could be gone. You can bet there were some hungry horses and a hungry cat when we got home! For a few years after he retired and they moved near us, my dad would take care of the pets for us for a few days so we could get away. Wow, was that a luxury!
    Now to plan what to do today... maybe some online shopping? I sure don't want to mingle with the crowds in the stores. Once in a while I will shop later in the day on the Friday after Thanksgiving, but I will not get up super early and do it. I much rather be sleeping and have no clue what anyone wants for Christmas anyway. "Browsing" at 4 a.m. is not my idea of fun. LOL
    Enjoy your day!
    Jeanne