Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

NEW: 'winter sowing swap '

skohler
16 years ago

Hi

Would like to find special seeds for all our garden's & have a show & tell as to what is popping up in the spring :)

this will be open to anyone wanting in .

Just list the type of seeds your looking for Anyone Having the seeds can send them in with your name on them.

Just make up your wish list .

any new members to GW that have no seeds to share just send me

$1.25 for postage along with your addy & we will be happy to share our seeds with you also .

If there is anyone that have seeds & do not want or need any more you are welcome to donate to the new members .

Now when you send your seeds to share with others please Don't forget to add return postage for the new

seeds you will be getting back .

so work on your want list So I can get it printed off.

& In the mean while get your seeds collected & dried .

all seeds to be in By

NOV 15th & will get them back out to you by

Nov 20th.

Oh This can be for Veggies /flowers wants

Just Be sure that all seeds are marked properly.

I hope we can have a big turn out on this :)

Happy Gardening

susie

looking for

red/white/blue columbines

sunflowers / short types /taiyo/teddy bear/vari sunspots

creeping phlox / white/blue/pink

tithonia mixed colors

stock any

Tomato 's/cukes/ (Green Hubbard Squash)

salvia orange/blue/reds/white/turkestanica

primula's any & all :))

pansies can can mix/oh any will do

gillardias of all colors

Anyway we all have a few wishes :)) lets see yours .

lets try to keep it to your 10 most wanted at this time :))

well sun is out time to go collect a few seeds .

Hope you will Join us .

Back later

susie

Comments (150)

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Glady: I have you Down for 1 ea of the B Bush :)
    I hope everyone is keeping track of your wants so that you can send me or email your wants :))) or wishes :)
    I'm writing them down but hope i don't lose it so please help me :)))
    well i need to go check out a couple more forums for the night . stay well .
    susie

Ps
    a couple more on my wish list
    red yarrow Yellow Neck Squash, fringed bleeding heart,

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I would like to add a category to my wish list if I may. I used to grow quite a few everlastings and somehow I have gotten away from them over the years. If any one has Helichrysum, Gomphrena (I already have QIS), Helipterum, Acroclinium, Statice or other kinds of everlastings, I would love to have some.
    So far I have Zinnia haageana Aztec Sunset for the folks with zinnia on their list, Black Dragon Coleus for those requesting Coleus, at least a couple of types of Petunias for those requesting Petunias.
    Remy, I am sending you a few seeds from Frillytunia white that I had this year. It was less productive of seed than most and I have no idea how true they will be.
    Momcat I have a few Japanese MG's for you, three different Celosias for Trish, Tithonia for those who requested it and I think I have a few Lupin seeds for Brittneysgran.

I have quite a few packs of Gomphocarpus physocarpus syn Asclepias physocarpus if anyone wants it. I had 5 large plants this year that were totally eaten by Monarch cats and grew back out each time for at least 3 generations of butterflies. LMK
    Alana

• shimla
    16 years ago

I'd like to play too! I will update my wish list and post it as well. I went into everyone's pages because I don't have the latest and greatest to grant everyone's top 10 wishes. Don't be bashful about telling me "no"! Unfortunately, I don't have everything 'named' and I grow flowers in mixes so colors are hard to identify once they all go to seed!

cottageflowers
    Alliums, any - I have common white garlic and purple chives if you need those?
    Asclepias - Ice Ballet white
    Balloon flower - purple about 18-24" unnamed
    Gaillardia - burgundy
    Rose Campion - magenta
    kekla
    Foxglove - pink
    Hostas - I have loads of hybrid green hosta
    Ruta Graveolens
    I *may* have some Monkshood (purple). I'm waiting for it to dry. Apparently you have to plant it fresh which is why I've never gotten it to germinate for me. I will email you if I get enough seeds from it and mail it to you directly if that's okay. This way it's not floating about for too long.
    flowergardenlady
    Gold Flame Spirea - (shrub seed)
    I can send you Rose of Sharon also, if you want that. Mine is purple with a maroon center.
    Jackier123
    Columbines pink - these are unnamed and a mix of 3 light, medium and dark pinks
    Daylily seeds - I have loads of daylily seeds. Almost all have been cross pollinated. I'll send you an assortment and mark the color of the parent on the pack.
    threeshyacres
    Poppies - White Cloud, Atlas poppy (orange) and "Double Tangerine Gem". These are coming from commercial packets I just ordered so I won't have a huge amount of seed to send but they reseed so easily...
    remy
    What kind of bellflowers are unusual for you?
    I have Campanula persicifolia (Peach-leafed bellflower). I just got these with an order if you'd like some.
    I also have Gomphrena but I don't know which one. It's about 12-18", purple and has clustered flowers.
    shadyside
    Tetraploid DL's - Mary Todd (giant yellow flowers). The only other Tet I have in the area is Orange Crush and I didn't cross these so good chance they'll be all yellow!
    Leopard's Bane - I have a small packet of these left for you
    Veronica - Longifolia alba (white)
    Veronica - Red Fox speedwell (which actually blooms pink)
    I'm thinking the seeds are tiny on the Veronica's so I gathered the whole pod??? Does anyone know for sure on these because I'd feel bad sending in bags of chaff lol???
    lisa627ohio
    Coreopsis - plains
    trish robertson
    Gold Flame Spirea - (shrub seed)
    linda0210
    Coneflower - white swan
    ladyglady
    Nicandra shoo-fly
    flwrs4ever
    Coneflower - white swan
    Helenium - I have yellow and autumnale
    Gaillardia - burgundy
    Sneezeweed
    moonphase
    Daylily seeds - all cross pollinated so I'll mark the color of the parent on them
    Hosta - I have LOADS of green hybrids
    Any Asters - I have a 'hot pink' mix that bloom later in the season for me. They came from a round robin many years ago so I don't have any other info on them. I just keep planting them because they are pretty!
    Coneflower - white swan and purple magnus (to replace the ones you lost)
    Bleeding Heart - pink fernleaf
    Chinese Houses - Is this the same as Chinese Lanterns??? I couldn't find them on google. I have Chinese Lanterns if that's what you want. Does anyone know the proper time to harvest these??? They have a little orange 'tomato' inside them. Do I need to wait for this to dry on its own???
    lisa831
    Nicandra shoo-fly
    stagerat
    Tansy - vugare cripsum

This is all I have so far. I'm going to go back over the lists this week to see if I can try to send something for everyone. I just started to try to get my 'have' list together but it's a nightmare not having it done for so long...

• momcat
    16 years ago

ramazz, I would love to try some of any of your salvias.

I have some Penstemon Husker's Red, Rudbeckia Indian Summer, Echinacea Magnus that I have harvested so far if anyone is interested. White Four O'Clocks will be ready soon.

Deb

• ladygladys
    16 years ago

shimla, I wouldn't mind getting any of these from your have list:
    Alpine Aster
    Black Eyed Susans
    Chinese Lanterns
    Gaillardia - blanket flower
    Jacob's Ladder
    Knautia Macedonica
    Mexican Hat
    Weigela
    Lilac - common purple
    Adams Crabapple - Hot pink blooms

Susie, I think has already offered to sne dme some nicandra-shoo fly. Also I just wanted to give ya a hug ((HUG))since I read your member page. I hope in time there will be better treatments for that syndrome.

Gladys

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Deb -
    I would enjoy trying: Rudbeckia Indian Summer, Echinacea Magnus, and White Four O'Clocks. At this point I am just hoping I harvest enough seed packets to get back those that interest me. I'm trying! I suspect it won't be too long before we get a night time frost.
    Jeanne

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Deb, I would LOVE to try Rudbeckia Indian Summer, I have actually been really wanting it. THANKS !

Jeanne...I hope Im not wrong, but i dont think this one matters how many you send...everyone will send what they can on each others lists...just do the best you can.

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

i would love to join......... to whoever tried to reach me my e-mail addy is donnawilmoth2000@yahoo.com...please send me the info on this round robin thanks donna

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Donna
    that was me & I sent an email letting you know how seed exchanges worked .
    as you had ask for you said you had never been in one before So I hope I Have not confused you .
    Thought I better post here just incase my email didn't get to you again . Please let me know .
    if you need more info .

Have been sorting & gathering :) The Frost Hit Hard again last Night .
    would you all take time to post a picture of your Back yards or someplace in your state :) to share with others
    Like Me who cannot Travel to others State to see your fall colors even if your in AZ Or Calf Or Fla Its Fall
    Everywhere Show us what is Blooming Or the Color of your trees :) Or Even an Ocean side :))
    I want to one day travel &I know I will never get to.:)
    Only in picture :)) So I started a Thread for the Pictures & hope you will go share with us :)

thank you all Have a great day

susie

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Hi Deb

If you could put my name on a packet of the Echinacea Magnus, and White Four O'Clocks - Thanks a BUNCH!!!!

Linda

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well I just wanted to let you all know the up-date list as to who is playing .
    shimla : That is a very nice list you are sharing with us all thank you .

Kek19 gw
    etravia
    ladygladys gw Received seeds
    jackier123 gw
    flowergardenlady gw
    threeshyacres
    Sandlapper_rose gw
    Dorisl gw new member RECIEVED SEEDS
    Shadyside gw RECIEVED SEEDS
    Ramazz
    Remy
    Cottageflower
    blooms2007
    wilmoth
    Lisa627_ohio_z6
    Brittneygran
    trish_robertson
    linda0210
    momcat
    poisondartfrog
    kandituft
    candycow
    ladyglady NEW RECEIVED SEEDS
    flwers4ever
    moonphase
    lisa831
    suzydaze
    peatreeinky
    nikkicasarez / new member
    stage_rat
    Shimla

please if I have your name or information wrong please let me know .

stage rat : sorry but your email I send is still comming back to me so you will have to email me direct so i can contact you .

well I'm going up north this afternoon to be with my sister & Niece .
    My Niece 54yrs old Had a Heart attact yesterday morning
    & is going to be haven more test today so taken my sister up to be with her.

will be back later tonight or tomorrow .
    have a great day all .
    susie

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween! I also wanted to let you know my list is basically a "dream list" - I've got plenty of theme gardens in the yard - the kids have named them "butterfly corner," "wildflower u(niversity)," "the peanut - (roses, columbine, asters, peony)", the "clothesline" (hmm they're starting to get a little less creative - aren't they - basically tall perennials), the "kiss" (oranges, yellows, and reds), and next year there'll be a "chocolate" garden for my daughter, a "Man" garden for DH (natives to Nebraska), and my purple/yellow corner.

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

oops forgot two - the shade wildflower garden - it belongs to the old man maple (tree is over 150 years old) so I try and get older flowers that have maybe been around as long as he has and a rock garden with basically sedums in it for now

• squirrel_girl
    16 years ago

Susie, I'm sorry to hear about your niece. I hope she is feeling well very soon.

This seed swapping thing has me hooked. I was only going to do one this year, but it's so fun that I want in on another one. Since I'm not very specific, I've put a description of my gardens at the bottom.

My Zone 5b dream list starts with:
    1)COLUMBINES-Every color/Every size. I just love them.
    2)Great Blue Lobelia (Lobelia siphilitica)
    3)Panicum Shenandoah (Red Switchgrass)
    4)Kiss Me Over the Garden Gate
    5)PURPLE AND BLUE PERENNIALS-Especially need tall ones (1000+ sq ft of blue/purple to plant next year)
    6)Blue/Silver foliage with no flowers or cool tone flowers
    7)Native woodland plants (full shade/moist/peaty/NOT boggy area)
    8)Native perennials (Any color. I'll find them a good home)
    9)Winter interest/bird food source
    10)Something you think my garden wants.

I love working with cottage garden and native plants. I prefer PERENNIALS as I have too much area to keep up with annuals every year.
    Garden descriptions:
    1)I have 1000+ sq ft of blue/purple garden to plant next spring/summer. Full and partial sun tall plants would create good perspective. 2) My heavy shade/moist woodland area gets only US natives. I would love some interesting specimens there to baby. 3-7)I have 5 other gardens with various personalities. They are 100% sun and mostly amended clay.

Thank you Susie for hosting this exchange. I certainly appreciate all the work you are doing.

Squirrel Girl

• shimla
    16 years ago

Sorry, to hear about your niece, Susie. I hope she's feeling better soon.

I couldn't sign into my page on Sunday to updated it but I think I have it set to go now. I don't know how you all keep up on them. Please feel free to post or email me with anything you like! This is the last wish-list swap I'm doing so feel free to ask. If I have it, it will go into your baggy.

Ladyglads, most of my shrubs aren't setting seed. (I do have spirea). They were new this season so didn't put out many flowers at all. I have my eye on the wine Weigela for you though and will send a packet if I can get any.

Here is my wish list that seems to change daily!
    Alliums - the big tall ones!
    Baptisia - yellow (I have purple)
    Coneflowers - all colors except purple and white
    Flax - Scarlet
    Geraniums - perennials
    Heavenly Bamboo - (the 'fake' bamboo) my new shrubs didn't put out seeds this year :(
    Iris - Reblooming ones only
    Jacob's Ladder - yellow
    Jacab's Ladder - "Stairway to Heaven" I've wanted for 3 years now!
    Lilac - Yellow (or colors other than purple and white)
    Linum - Yellow (I have blue and white)
    Lobelia - cobalt blue
    Malva - windsor castle or marlin
    Mountain Laurel shrubs
    Pansy seeds
    Peony Bush seeds (not poppies!)
    Poppies - Red
    Poppies - Purple
    Sedums (not autumn joy)
    Steppables - your choice
    Torenia - any colors or mixed!
    Toad Lily
    Verbascum

I really need shade lovers, although that's not apparent from my list LOL! I just put in an arborvitae hedge which is going to get huge and block out my sun! If you have something you think I shouldn't be without, it would be much appreciated. I'm not fussy in the least bit. I've been leaning toward variegated plants lately.

I won't have a package out for another couple of weeks in case we get some more sign-ups. I have some stuff for the newbies, too but I'm going to have trouble with our new Zone 9 friend from here in NY!

• janet1_2007
    16 years ago

Susi, I am a newbie that would love to be included in this swapHopefully by next year, I will have some interesting seeds to share. I am new to starting seeds, but looking forward to ws.I hadn't had a place to actually garden for 14 years, but have recently moved and am anxious to get started again.I put a few plants in this fall, after faithfully visiting LOWES "Death Row" every week and they are looking very promising. I am in zone six. For some reason my number six won't work tonight. I will send you my $2 postage. I want "pretty easy" stuff. Thanks, Janet1_2007

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

i see alot of seeds i have on peoples wish list so i will send them i would love some delphiniums..cockscomb..columbine large purple.. and any shade loving plants i have alot of trees and they compete for sun but i do have 3 little areas for some cool sun lovers that are drought tolerant...I really love perennials the most and of course I lOVE brugs and Daturas the most. i really want a pink datura...donna...p.s. I fixed a Datura bed this year for the spring and hope they seed well cause Id love to share those with everyone...wilmoth...ps i would love butterfly bush do they grow good from seeds?...p.s. Susie I hope your neice is doing better she is young to be going through all of that...wilmoth

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

shim Are your poppies dbl's ??? or peony I love those :)

Welcome : Squirrel-girl you also have mail .
    Janet : welcome I sent you a Email :)

well my niece is feeling better although they have not found why so they will be doing an MRI today .

well I its time to winterize around here & I hate thought
    but sure looking forward to my winter gardening :)
    I have the front porch all wrapped up :) like a green house & today I will put in the shelves for all my planters & pots for my new seeds :)
    I don't know about the rest of you but I find there are 100's of webs out there with so much Good info as to winter gardening & it is much fun to read :) & try .

well have a great day & keep gathering those seeds :))
    anyone going to have any of the newer Sunflowers :) ??

susie

• ladygladys
    16 years ago

OH, Susie that is terrible! I hope your niece is doing better now. And you are such a sweetheart for being there for your sister and her daughter.

I just wanted to update a want. Another SASE that I did ran out of balloon flowers so I wouldn't mind getting your white balloon flower seeds afterall. I hope I am not being too much trouble.

Gladys

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

gladys - i have some fuji white balloon flowers that i'll send in

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

as to wants i havecolumbine,gallardias,zinnias,my favorite its a secret i will include a pack for each player...shasta daisy ..columbines ..mixed poppys mixed portulacas,snapdragon,blue flax,cactus,petunias and some ones not listed that i think everyone will like i hope to be able to add at least 2 packs of extras to each person on our round robin also i have 400 seed packs coming in next week so i will let you know what I recieve so if you want to share we will do just that thanks to all and thanks susie for letting me in this round robin your the best.....donnai love vines,pink flowers red flowers annuals or perennials and i have not one single white flower except a single hollyhock....id love cup and saucer plant and dutchmans pipe....i will post again when i get the seeds next week ...donna

• dem_pa
    16 years ago

I would like to join this swap.

I have a "white" garden started.
    I like asters, yellow and purples, and drought resistant plants.

I will send seeds for new members, too.

dem_pa

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I did not need as much time as I thought I would.
    My package is en route.
    Alana

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow Donna 400 pks ??? how are you going to get all them planted ?? you will need a huge yard .

Welcome dem_pa
    ALana I will let you know when they arrive .

Flowergardenlady : Received your wonderful packs of seed's & I have to say thank you for marking them all so clearly & with everyones names on them .

thank you all its time to lay back
    so have a great weekend
    susie

• ladygladys
    16 years ago

kandituft, I wouldn't mind some or either of your scabiosa butterfly blue, hardy geranium and grenadin red carnations since Susie is already sending me some white balloon flowers. Thanks!

Gladys

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

Are the seeds due by November the 15th I thought someone said it may be moved up to a later date please let me know SOON.......donna

• roflol
    16 years ago

Oh lordy, you put my two favorite things together in one thread - wintersowing and seed swapping. I am so in. :-)

Janet1_2007, I am a regular at the big box death rows too. Yay for frugal landscaping and plant rescues all in one! :-)

I am low on seeds to send to swaps thanks to the two big swaps I've done so far already, but I'm still collecting seeds so will have more to share here by the time I send in my package.

My top 10 wish list:
    Butterfly bush Honeycomb (Please, Susie?)
    Morning Glory Heavenly Blue
    Knautia Macedonia - any
    Echinacea paradoxa - yellow coneflower (not Sunrise)
    Edelweiss
    ANYTHING *scented* Chocolate or cloves/spice mmmmmm...
    Toadflax - Northern Lights - must... have... more!
    Agastache Purple Pygmy
    Agastache rupestris aka Agastache rupestins aka Sunset Hyssop
    Anything named Abby (Abra), Adam, Anna, and Aaron

Also awaiting final word on the actual deadline. Sweet autumn clematis seed here is finally ripening, but not ready yet. Not sure if it would be ready by November 30, but almost positive it won't be by November 15.

Thanks for hosting, susie!

Terri
    ;-)

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

GM & Welcome Terri .
    Everyone Please Note You all Have till the 30th of Nov
    & if we need extra time another week we can do so .
    we are trying to give everyone something on there wish list from our gardens , Not just send the everyday common
    seeds we can buy in the store , well some are common
    to other's but to some they mean getting started & lets
    face it Look at the price of seeds Now day Then they want &6.99 for postage its crazy.

Anyway the seeds that I have received so far are just really packed so nice properly labled so you can read them . & I just want to say thank you for being so generous with others filling their wish list . this is really going to be a great swap .

Well I will Be off to Bingo later :) so I hope that you all have a great day .
    they predict the dirty word will hit here Tuesday or Wednesday "SNOW"
    Anyone have a nice little get-a-way where its warmer ???
    I can rent for a few months :))

hugs to all stay well
    susie

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Now I wish I had waited to send my seeds! I have 3 things on Terri's list. I will wait until closer to the end date and send a follow-up envelope. Someone else may post a want that I have or I may happen onto some different seeds that someone is looking for.

• shimla
    16 years ago

Yuk, it's too early for snow! Thank goodness for winter seed activities to keep us busy during the cold months. I put poppies in your baggie for you, susie. I just got them in a commercial order, haven't tried to grow them yet. The White Cloud is linked below. The other 2 are similiar to the orange CA. poppies but they have double petals and are a little ruffled. I have a section of the wild ditch daylily under a tree in my yard and thought they would go nicely if they bloom around the same time.

Is there a cut off date for sign ups by any chance? I wanted to try to send something in for each player even though I won't have a match for everyone. I don't want to mail my package too early and miss any late sign-ups.

lol, Linda, death row is a gardener's dream! They aren't very good at deadheading the plants, either. I like to 'pardon' the plants that still have seed heads attached to them first so I can try to grow more over the winter!

Here is a link that might be useful: white cloud

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LADIES & Gents If there is :)
    Please You can take your time on this We Usually do not
    Start Planting our seeds till Jan In Milk Jugs & other container This is our winter project some start earlier

anyone who has sent seeds you can send more for other
    I will make Note on your wish list you sent & be sure
    that you are rewarded for it :)))

shimla : OH My Now you have just brighten my day even that much more what can I say but thank you ever so much I'm doing all around my Garage in poppies for i cannot get nothing else to grow there for it is all mostly all sand & what few poppies I have love it there .
    so I want more :) I have shirley poppies there now .
    thank you for the link .

Players list as of now
    Kek19 gw
    etravia /ladygladys gw
    jackier123 gw
    flowergardenlady gw
    threeshyacres
    Sandlapper_rose gw
    Dorisl gw new member
    Shadyside gw
    Ramazz
    Remy
    Cottageflower /jenny/steve
    blooms2007
    wilmoth
    Lisa627_ohio_z6
    Brittneygran
    trish_robertson
    linda0210
    momcat
    poisondartfrog
    kandituft
    candycow
    ladyglady
    flwers4ever
    moonphase
    lisa831
    suzydaze
    peatreeinky
    nikkicasarez / new member
    stage_rat
    Shimla
    Squirrel Girl (Liz)
    roflol / Terri
    Michiganalice I hope will be joinning us :)))

Please if you do not see your name on the list let me know . I'am human & make misstakes :) Sometimes :)

thank you
    susie
    P.S
    If You are a new member & It is Not marked By your name Also let me know . ty

• michiganalice
    16 years ago

Count me in too!

My wish list:
    ~yellow canna seeds
    ~seedds for a WHITE GARDEN (Holly hock, Nicotina, Campion, Cosmos, 4:00, Cleome, Zinnia, Nigella,etc.)
    ~daturas, doubles or triples
    ~japanese morning glories
    ~black eyed susa vine
    -corn flower "Black Gem"
    ~lavatera
    ~holly hock "creme de cassis"

Thanks, Alice
    michiganalice

• michiganalice
    16 years ago

I have a few items from other members' wish lists.

sandalaper_rose.....balsam impatience

kek19.....butterfly weed

remy.....misc. blue flowers

ramazz.....gailardia "dazzler", dwarf sunflower

trish_robertson.....columbine, herbs, salvia, morning glory, vines

linda0210.....echinacea 'sunset'

lisa831.....canna, nicandra

peatreeinky.....columbine, echinacea, 4:00, sweet william

momcat.....phlox, snap dragon, salvia, columbine

flwrs4ever.....echinacea, datura, columbine

moonphase.....dianthus, hosta, nigella

I'll keep checking to see if I can send anyone their "wants."

Alice
    michgianalice

• shimla
    16 years ago

Michigianalice - I just plucked some white hollyhock seeds for you. In white, I also have liatris, Nicotina "only the lonely", garlic chives, Veronica - Longifolia alba and I'll send you some of those white cloud poppies. I harvested Valerian garden heliotrope. It was fantastic at the back of the border in my garden this year. It bloomed later in the season and was about 4-5' tall. Just snip it down when it finishes blooming because it creates an abundance of seed. It didn't come with a warning to me lol but was so pretty!

• mokey
    16 years ago

susie
    i also sent a copy in email of this to you. everyone this
    is my wish list

Maltese Cross
    Purple Coneflower 'Magnus'
    Yarrow 'Colorado,' 'Summer Pastels'
    African Daisy Passion Mix
    Paper Daisy Pierrot
    Zinnia Old Mexico
    Chocolate Joe Pyeweed
    zebra mallow
    SHOO-FLY PLANT Nicandra
    Pyrethrum plant
    Ornamental Grasses
    CHINESE HOUSES
    Persicaria Lance Corporal
    uliginosa
    Weigela
    shrubs
    things that bloom red
    zinnia envy

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

welcome Alice & mokey Great to have you & we also Have dem_pa On our list also So we Now have .
    yep 35 players I would also love some chinese Houses
    I have 3 weigela bushes but never new they set seeds I will go check tomorrow if they do I will be happy to share with anyone .

I have little red berries from a white dogwood tree would these be the seeds ???
    Please let me Know if you are a New Member & It Is not marked Next to your name so others will Know .

well I don't well at Bingo $172 .:) Not Huge But
    at lease it was better then nothing :)
    & A fun day out . & Now its time to check out my other forums .

Again thank you all for making this so much fun
    I see ones i have never heard of & have to look them up .
    anyone have any Salvia ORANGE ZEST ???? OR
    THYME SERPLYLLUM ???? Any thymes realy would be nice .

susie

1.Kek19
    2.etravia
    3.jackier123
    4.flowergardenlady
    5.threeshyacres
    6.Sandlapper_rose
    7.Dorisl *************** NEW MEMBER
    8.Shadyside
    9.Ramazz
    10.Remy
    11.Cottageflower
    12.blooms2007********** NEW MEMBER
    13.wilmoth
    14.Lisa627_ohio_z6
    15.Brittneygran
    16.trish_robertson
    17.linda0210
    18.momcat
    19.poisondartfrog
    20.kandituft
    21.candycow
    22.ladyglady********** NEW MEMBER
    23.flwers4ever
    24.moonphase
    25.lisa831
    26.suzydaze
    27.peatreeinky
    28.nikkicasarez / NEW MEMBER
    29.stage_rat
    30.Shimla
    31.Squirrel Girl (Liz)
    32.dem_pa
    33. roflol / Terri
    34.Michiganalice
    35.MOKEY

• squirrel_girl
    16 years ago

My seeds went out this morning. I wish I had seen Michigan alice's seed list before I sent it. I have several packs of white Datura moonflowere in there but they didn't get her name.

-Michigan Alice, if you don't end up with the moonflower, let me know, and I will pop an envelope in the mail for you.

Thank you Susan for such an undertaking.

Squirrel Girl

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I mailed my seeds today so hopefully they will make it there just fine. Thanks for hosting this swap, Susie!

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ty all not a problem :) you all so far have made this so easy by sending your wish list along with puting
    Names on the packs going to others :)) I have lunch bags set up with your names :)) I feel like MRS SANTA Filling Your Stocking :))) It is so much fun giving :))

I hate to do this but I have had 3 packages come in with postage due & Both Had $1.98 postage on them
    & I had one for .31 & another ,34 These pouches are going to be bulging comming back to many of you so I Hate to say this but I thing its going to take at lease $2.50
    to send them back out .

I hope this is ok with everyone you all are getting many of your wishes filled & I don't think anyone will be unhappy with these :))) .

Squirrel Girl I will Make sure Alice Gets the moonflower seeds .

I have posty note all around me as reminders :)))

Janet1_2007 I received your Info eveyone Please
    I didn't get Her name On the list Janet Is A New Member . looking for
    RED OR PINK Coreopsis , Pink & White Cosmo's, Peony poppies or feather poppies , & any Asters .
    WELCOME TO GW JANET & Hope to find your wishes :)

Witch I have no doubt :)

Well our winter is here tonight at about 6pm we Had A Heavy rain then it turned to Hail look like snow on the ground tried to load up a picture to show you but
    just to slow tonight so will try tomorrow .

poisondartfrog Was The Big santa for many of you :)))
    thank you for making it so easy for me :)))

well i have to do some sorting :)) have a great evening .
    susie

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi all,
    I finally read down the page to try and write down wants! Wow, I got some work ahead of me, lol. It is good work; I like to give seeds.

Shimla,
    I caught your note about the peach leaf bellflower. It is one of the ones I already have. Thank you for asking though.
    Remy

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    16 years ago

michiganalice - I have some tall white cosmos for you.

roflol - I have some Agastache rupestris aka Agastache rupestins aka Sunset Hyssop. I also have a morning glory mix of heavenly blue and grandpa otts too

Cheers!

• roflol
    16 years ago

Hey, Alana. If mine is all you have to send in your final pack, let me know and I'll send you a SASBE for it. Thank you! Are you still looking for dwarf mexican petunia? If you are, I have one more packet of seeds for that I will mark for you. :-)

Linda - I'd love some Sunset Hyssop! And I'm aiming for a solid wall of Heavenly Blue MGs this year, but I won't say no to the mix - that might be all I get! ;-) Thank you!

Terri/rofLoL

• ramazz
    16 years ago

Suzi, did anyone answer your question about the dogwood? When the red berries fall off, that is where the seeds are.

I have been checking periodically and labeling seeds with people's names, so if mine end up being duplicates, cross the name off and give them to some one else! I have not been posting here very much.

Also, I have Japanese morning glory 'Keiryu' for kek, michigan alice and momcat and can send a few more packs if anyone else is interested. It should come true since it is the only morning glory I had - I got it as part of a plant trade.

Becky
    ramazz

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Beck thanks for the Info I thought that they were the seeds but I just wanted to be sure .

& TO ALL DO NOT BE AFFRAID TO SEND DUPLICAS Of ANYTHING YOU HAVE :))) we have about 5-6 new members NOw & I know they would love to have what ever we can spare .
    MRS Santa Has Been Busy this Morning :))

Also For any of you that have a Big Baggie of certain seeds & don't want to take the time to bag each seperately that is fine I will bag them to add to all the players who would like them . I will be sure to put your GW Name on them . I have plenty of hand made seed packet & zip baggies I'm sure .

Please include you zone with your information .

OK I have been looking Through everyones list
    & The only ones I'm Haven problems of finding are
    the Herbs & spices as for the flavored sents

apple, lemon ,lime ,pear,orange or veriegated herbs
    red or purple basil ,stevia, pennyroyal,

thyeme 's, Golden oregano , chives, sages

anyone into herbs that can tell me where to look ???

Really trying Hard here to fullfill some wishes So if you can help Mrs Claus Here :))) Please Email her :))

well time for me to get into town before the snow fall :(

have a great day
    MRS CLAUSE

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Becky,
    I would like to have Japanese morning glory 'Keiryu' if you have another pack to put my name on.

Snow??? Oh dear!

• kek19
    16 years ago

Oh WOW, I don't check in for a bit, and look how long this thread has gotten!!! And it looks like I'm actually gonna get some of my wants! This swap is so cool! I just hope I have some other peoples wants, it almost looks like they're all being taken care of!

Anyways, why I'm here.... I have harvested some Ornamental grass seeds. I have seeds from Japanese Silver Grass, which doesn't come true to seeds, but I'm sure it'll still produce a nice hardy tall fountain grass. And another grass that looks simular, 8-12ft tall, fountainy, large white plumes, no white stripes, but I know it's perrenial and hardy to at least zone 5. I'll packet some up and send it in if anyone's interested.

• shadyside
    16 years ago

Hi KEK--I'd love some of that tall grass--so Susie, you could add that to my bag (that's of course unless my bag is totally filled with all my other wants already!!) This is going to be a great swap--thanks to you all--

• wilmoth
    16 years ago

well i still havent recieved my seeds they should be in by the weekend ...i would love some delphiniums any color daturas or brugs.. and any orange or yellow flowers would be great i dont have any red flower seeds i think they would be cool i like any ornamentals grass seed and the shoo fly is cool and any perennials of any kind is great im getting my seeds ready to mail out we did say november the 3oth right for the deadline let me know in our thread ok .....donna

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

GD To All Well still No snow I think the weather people Just trying to put the scare into us .we just had the hail the other night . :) It is very cold this morning .32 this morning

shady I have tall grasses added to your list' I have about
    4 type of ornamental grasses going to make a list of a few
    seeds I have & how many ,& then 1st ones to email me
    I will put your names on them ..

Going to Make a new forum also this one has about reached its limit.
    have a great day to all.
    susie
    will post them later in the morning .

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Terri, I would love to have the Ruellia; please mark it for me. Among the things I am sending in for you is an unopened commercial pack (2006) of Heavenly Blue MG. Maybe that will get you started with them, but it won't be enough if you are planning a massive wall of them.
    I have a few things for michiganalices's white garden and a couple of other goodies for folks, so no need to do an external trade. I will be sending in another little envelope. There are still a couple of folks out there that I did not have anything for. I am still looking for them, too.
    Alana