Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zoegurl2001

UPDATE: October - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

zoegurl2001
17 years ago

Just thought I would start a thread for October, since we are a couple days in and Jeanne hasn't been around for a while. Jeanne, we are worried about you, girl. I hope you are okay!

Susan, I will be mailing out your package this afternoon. Will post conf. # later.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful start to fall!

Comments (66)

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

I had the best day yesterday. I got to play in the garden all day (no place to go, no people to see, no errands to run) That doesn't happen too often these days. And it was relatively cool, very comfortable outdoor weather. I really got a lot done, and best of all I managed to plant all my new daylilies.
    Ann, your package is all ready to go, I will put it in the mail tomorrow. Mostly gifts from my garden, hope you like them.

Karen

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

That four letter word is in the forecast already. Uugh. No thats not it,it started with s. Sxxx.

Dee your package is on its way :)

• wynative
    17 years ago

Suzanne ~

Your package is on its way :) conformation #0305-0830-0004-0714-2971

I took Megin in for more x-rays this morning, it is healing but kind of slow. She now has a Glow-in-the-Dark cast for the next 2 weeks and the pain isn't hardly noticable.

Hope you have a FUN filled Holiday!
    Marie

• atravers
    17 years ago

Hi Karen.
    Your day in the garden yesterday sounds divine - no errands, no one to see, lucky you! I can't seem to get a moment to do anything besides run around like a chicken with its head cut off. Can't wait for your package to arrive. Weather's been fabulous here. Cooler temps expected late in the week but still not too cold. Thanks for sending along some gifts from your garden - the best kind of gifts.
    Ann

• pastvast
    17 years ago

Ann,

I received your package today. It was dark when I got home, so I'll have to plant tomorrow. Thanks so much for the HUGE bundle of sweet woodruff!! It'll be perfect for my shade bed. I have issues with being able to see much of the ground in my beds. I don't like too!! The woodruff will be a perfect companion for my hostas and ferns.

I hope they survive the transplant well (not to mention winter). So far, we haven't had any frost, but there's the possibility of rain mixed with snow later this week.

Take care and thanks!
    -Stephanie

• abcgirltx
    17 years ago

Marie - your box went into the mail yesterday. Alicia

• sassyd
    17 years ago

I have Summer's package ready & waiting. Summer I'd love to be the person that sent your first package to your new home! Hope you enjoy for a long time! (The home & the package, lol)

Diane

• atravers
    17 years ago

Karen,
    I have to tell you what perfect timing your package was this afternoon. I was home early with an early release day having to head back for meetings this evening so I was home when your package arrived. We had heavy rains and thunder last night and the skies didn't clear until just about the time I got home at 1:30. Well the dreariness lifted and the sun warmed things nicely just in time for me to open your package to find the wonderful gifts you sent from your gardens.

Having the time this afternoon I was able to enjoy unwrapping each plant - the beautiful variety of irises, the late-blooming jonquils, the pretty pink Miss Ashley daylily, the specialty PEONY (oh my gosh!), and the NAKED LADIES!!!! Wow! How I've been wanting to try naked ladies! And then the the wallhanging bear, the Echinacea Razzamatz seeds, potpourri sachet, memo pad and magazines (the one with the pressed fern article is fabulous - I press flowers and leaves to include with cards or frame for hanging).

So I went out to my two favorite raised beds to plant everything, like nursery beds, so I can keep them in good shape over the winter and look forward to them coming up in nice warm beds in early spring.

I don't know how to thank you for all the special gifts from your gardens. You are the BEST Karen. And I think you sent me the peace and enjoyment from your Monday at home in your gardens. My afternoon was unexpectedly wonderful. Thank you for that as well.
    Ann

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Debbie,
    I received your lovely PINK package today. What a splendid idea. I loved it.

Debbie sent me a package full of pink surprises in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. She sent two different shades of tulips for my granddaughter's pink garden. She will love them next spring. Every time she comes to visit now, we have to go out and pick flowers for her baby doll. I also recieved a large bag of pink M and Ms, it arrived just in time, I was having a chocolate attack today. And lastly a very pretty pair of pink and white leather gloves. I just love them. I have quite a few rose bushes and they like to fight back when I try to work on them. These gloves will be invaluable for dealing with them. Thank you so much Debbie. You send such wonderful gifts!!!!!

Ann, I am glad that you liked all the plants. I wasn't sure what you already had, but figured that the ones I sent were pretty enough that you wouldn't mind duplication if it happened. I have had the "Bowl of Beauty" peony for several years and it is quite large. It is really covered with blooms in the spring. I hope it does as well for you. The naked ladies should multiply also. I started out with 3 bulbs and now have a couple of dozen. I dig them out and separate them every couple of years. Same with the jonquils. The "Space Viking" is a newer Iris that I bought from Cooleys and it has really done well. It is a lovely dark purple color. If I can track down the name of the other Iris I sent, I will send the info along. I am afraid that I have been a little lax about my records, especially in my early gardening years. And the Siberian Iris, Super Ego, is a lovely shade of light blue. I have a very special fondness for blue flowers and this one is one of my favorites.

I have been working on a very fun project. My youngest son has just bought his first house. It is a small starter-outer but has a nice sized yard. The front flower beds are completely bare except for one lone red rose bush. I have been given permission to landscape the area for him. He does have a large tree in his front yard, and so does his neighbor to the side, so I think I will be working on a shade garden. I plan to drop by at different times of the day to see how the sunlight is for sure. But what fun it is to get to work with a blank canvas. I am thinking a skyrocket juniper in one corner, with daylilies, siberian iris and hosta in front. If anyone has any good suggestions or ideas for plants, please let me know.

Karen

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Karen,
    I'm glad you liked the things I sent you. Don't throw away the tissue paper just yet, I think you are missing one item. ?

How cute that grandaughter enjoys the garden so much she wants to share it with her baby doll. :)

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Sorry Debbie, I did miss the socks. I love the pink hearts on them. It is really neat that they are doing so much for Breast Cancer awareness. I love to wear decorative socks so they are a perfect gift. Thank you so much.

Yes, Riley is cute about the flowers. She has to smell them and then have her baby smell them too. She also have to have a flower for each hand. I'll make a gardener of her yet.

Karen

• wynative
    17 years ago

Alicia ~ Thank you, love the shoe!

I recieved a really neat Orange Medal shoe and 2 pumpkins (cut out's) with tea lights. Also included for my daugter is a Halloween Chinese take out box with a spooky hand, a cute little ceramic pumpkin and tounge tatoos, these she will love!

THanks so much and have a great weekend and Halloween!
    Marie

• faintheart
    17 years ago

Suzanne,

Thank you for my package of surprises! (Daughter Missy thanks you too!) ;)

I received a spooktacular card, two cute Halloween mugs filled with hot cocoa mix and candy goodies, spidery Halloween bowls perfect for putting treats in, very neat holiday towel that can hang on the oven handle or by the sink, dish clothes, sweet little fairy plant poke, Dove energy glow bath bar (I need both energy and glow!), pretty garden themed stickers, more seed baggies and bubble envies...yaaaaaay! Did you crochet the towel top? Thank you so much, Suzanne!!! Everything is veryyyy appreciated.

It snowed here Thursday and everything froze hard. The snow has since melted and the sun is back! Harvest is going full swing here with most everyone having their soybeans fields done and the rush to do the corn is on! Today I have to work a Firemen's Benefit luncheon and I need to get my pies and chicken for sandwiches into town. Tomorrow I leave for Des Moines for the week. I can't say I am ready for winter but I AM ready for a bit of slow down in activities.

Have a great weekend and fun Halloween!

Hugsssss,
    Dee

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Hi, Beth -
    Just hoping that your October package has arrived. When I mailed it, they said it would be there on Thursday. I am thinking they were too optimistic, but I hope it has gotten there by now. Maybe it will be good once it's too cold to send plants because then we won't worry about the timing so much. LOL
    I hope our pals in the states where it got really cold made it through okay. We used to live near Buffalo and it sounds like they got hit really bad. It's dropping down to the low 40's at night here so almost all of my potted things are in the garage for a few days.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Jeanne

• veeja11
    17 years ago

deb your box went out today, will be there hopefully monday, I sent you one of my favorite haloween treats. hope you enjoy hugs carol

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Marie,
    Thank you for your package and the boys thank you also.

In package was halloween glow in the dark, in skeletons, bats and spider,(boys have them up)really cute little oil lamp, stationary gift set, alium and tulip bulbs. Those will get planted on Monday when it warms up ten degrees:) Pumpkin candle holder didn't make it without breaking, sorry to say. Plus some crazy string for boys to make me go crazier. LOL Also there was package of flower seeds. Cute BOO card. Thanks so much for thinking of the boys, Marie.

Dee-wish you a safe and fun trip tomorrow.

Happy Halloween
    Suzanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Jeanne and thanks so much for a fantastic package. It arrived on Fri the 13th but sure did not seem the least bit unlucky to me.
    Jeanne sent me daylily bulbs appropriate for the season.
    Pink Super spider.... I did not have any spiders so that will be a very good addition.
    Nordic night, beautiful rich color and I'm thinking Nordic nights are not so different from Alaskan nights. Great choice
    The other two, little Witching Hour and Masked Phantom are both dark eyes which is about my favorite pattern.
    Very good choices Jeanne. My daylilies look better by far now than they did all summer. They seem to really enjoy the rain and cooler weather. I'm thinking they may be better off planted in the fall in this climate
    Jeanne I envy you having a daylily garden nearby. Lucky lady there.
    The coleus cuttings looked good upon arrival and are now resting in a crystal wine glass. I'll get them potted this comming week. I especially like the pale creamy ones with just streaks of pink. Sure hope they make it through the winter. I have a perfect place for them next summer.
    The seeds purple majesty millet and the hyacinth beans will be great for next summer too. I love the dark colors. My house is light gray with dark maroon shutters so I'm working on things like artemesia , dusty miller,lambs ears, and dark accents.
    Jeanne, how in the world did you find time to bake goodies? I love merangue kisses. My daughter makes them, chocolate and cinnamon but I never had orange ones. So clever and seasonal.. The chocolate pumpking were nibbled away on Friday while I was preparing for the arrival of my new dog. I needed the energy. It is sorta like babyproofing a house as no one knew how she would behave in a house with plants, furniture, books and knick-knacks etc.
    Well actually, I didn't think about books being a potential problem but that is the first thing she grabbed. Fortunately it belonged to me and not the library.LOL. She did not chew it but it got slobbery.
    Jeanne, again, I think you for the very nice and thoughtful package. You area great pal.
    PS the little white pumpkin joined the arrangement on my DR table and I'll try to post a pic later. It is so cute!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Here is my fall decoration with stuff from GW swaps both on person and by mail.

Thanks to the folks in Mid Atlantic forum, DebA's Halloween swap and here at the Garden Circle for the things that went into making this table decoration. Not quite as good as having you all over for tea, but mighty nice.

• zoegurl2001
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All,

Well, tomorrow is moving day! Our computers will be disconnected shortly today, and the movers will be here to pack our stuff any time now. We are just waiting for the call. Just wanted to let everyone know that I will miss them until we can get the computers connected again, which hopefully will not be long!! I hope to be back on by next week when the computer guys come over to the new house.

And Susan, I apologize for not writing you, we have been CUH-RAZY busy. Looks like I won't be able to write you again until hopefully next week.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, please continue to pray for us these next few days, that all will go smoothly! Thank you again everyone! See you (err, I guess type with you) soon!

~Summer

P.S.- Diane, really happy your package will be the first one to my new house!! I'm sure I will love everything, as always.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Carol,
    Your package arrived today, thank you so much! I loved the pellican stained glass windchime, it's really beautiful! I also will enjoy the electric potpourri pot, all the candy, pink buttercup bulbs!

Hugs!

Deb

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Beth, your table decorations are really cute. Thanks for sharing the picture.
    Summer, I hope your move goes smoothly. Let us know when you arrive at your new home.
    It's early, but I want to see if someone else wants to be hostess for the Garden Circle Exchange Ring for 2007. I don't even know if people have the interest in joining for another year, but if someone wants to be hostess, I will be happy to share the information that I mailed to everyone to begin with, the bio form, etc. We had a few people drop out during the year, but even with those who dropped out, things went pretty smoothy. I will be around to answer questions or help if needed.
    ...and to my pals, you have been wonderful for this year. I could not have asked for better. This whole group has been lots of fun last year and again this year! Well, no point in getting sentimental quite yet - we still have 2 months to go!

Jeanne

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

Wow! Everyone has been busy this month! Still working on home improvements here....they never seem to end.

Jeanne--I'll give playing hostess a shot if no one else has jumped on it....just let me know. Also, watch for another box next week, I'll be mailing it Saturday. :-)

• atravers
    17 years ago

Hi Stephanie.
    I'm sending your November box a bit early since I know you'll be really busy next month. Should reach you Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Hope you're doing well.
    Ann

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Kelli, I think you just got elected leader for 2007! LOL

We can get in touch with each other whenever you want to start getting sign-ups --- maybe late November?
    For anyone who has been reading the Round Robin boards and is not already in the group, I hope you will join in next year. We have some great members and it's lots of fun. (Now if you are a member, you already know that!)

Jeanne

• zoegurl2001
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello All! Well, we have been at our new house for a few days now. We have been exhausting ourselves unpacking, and all the other millions of things that need to be done. My back is sore, my arms are tired and bruised from carrying boxes and such, and I am sleep deprived, but hey, we are here, the animals are starting to settle in a bit, and we really like our new house, and the yard is really nice, too. (And the previous owners left us a nice swing and set of patio furniture, which we love! Not to mention the beautiful rose bushes around the yard.)
    We had an eventful trip down here. On the way down, after dark on a busy turnpike highway with no street lights, and big semi trucks whizzing by at 80 miles an hour, we had a tire blow out on our Durango. We were right next to a semi and could not pull over right away, but he passed and we pulled over safely, and I thank God we are all okay, because that could've been dangerous. So with two big dogs and 2 guinea pigs in the car, we had to sit there for a long time waiting for the AAA affiliate in the nearest town to come find us, since we were in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully, everything turned out fine and we got here safely!!
    Susan and Diane, I hope you are both okay, you haven't posted or e-mailed since I left. I have missed you both!
    Well, just letting everyone know we are here, and safe, and very busy! Hope all is well with everyone! This thread sure has been quiet since I left. Hope you will all stop by and post and let us know how you're doing.

~Summer

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Hi, Summer -
    Glad you are getting settled in and thanks for letting us know that you are okay. That was a scary experience with the tire. Luckily it didn't cause you to wreck.
    Yes, things seem to be quiet right now. I have been out buying new plants and spending some time getting them planted and settled for the winter months ahead.
    Does anyone grow rex begonias? I bought one of those and it is beautiful. Just hope I can keep it going. In the house, I don't have the right kind of light for much of anything near my windows.
    Well, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Jeanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Jeanne, I have quite a few rex begonias and several of the rhizomatous ones, similar to rexs in growth habit but not so colorful.
    I started growing them in AK. They are so colorful even when not blooming. Up north there is not enough sun to keep stuff bloomingin the winter. I killed two or three right after I got here(MD) before the airconditioning was on. Since then they all seem to be doing well.
    Goodluck with your new plant.
    Warning, they can be addictive.

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Julie, my belated b-day wished also dear!

Summer I'm so sorry...I had planned to have your surprise waiting on you! Unfortunately, i've been ill for the last couple of weeks and couldn't do that, but I'll try to get it out tommorrow for you.

Jeanne good luck with the begonias

Sassy

• mellen
    17 years ago

I received another box full of wonderful gifts from Beth. Here is what she included:

-KreepyKakes(TastyKakes)--Beth, these are the best yet! They are/were chocolate cakes with cream filling and orange frosting with white ghosts, black bats, and orange pumpkin sprinkles. There were also a couple of packs of white cakes with maybe a brown sugar sprinkle on top? Delicious!!!
    -some skin softener petroleum jelly for dry skin--Beth, I read that it can also be used for diaper rash. Good for Depends-wearing ladies? :)
    -Halloween sox
    -2 hot pads with apples on them--a few weeks ago I had mentioned to DH that our hot pads were getting pretty skimpy. I guess that is what happens when you have had them for 31 years, huh?
    -2 kitchen hand towels also with an apple design on them-BTW, these match my kitchen perfectly.
    -a very, very pretty fall angel carrying a basket of pumpkins, and she has green leaves as her wings. I think she is wonderful. Thank you, Beth!
    -2 fall-colored, felt leaf-covered rounded lidded boxes. One was filled with assorted daffodils bulbs. The other was filled with pastel tulip bulbs. Eager to see them bloom.
    -2 great dog bones for Lady-thanks for always remembering her. She always devours and loves what you send.
    -and GUM for DH. He was sitting with me when I opened up your box. He just held out his hand this time without a word. It was funny, and we both laughed. You didn't disappoint!

Thank you many times over for another wonderful box! You are truly the best!!! Mary Ellen

P.S. Carol, your box will be going out one day this week, I hope. I will post when it goes. Our neighbor who is 78 just came home from the hospital. He had had leukemia but with a month of chemo, he is now cancer-free. After a long day at school, I have been stopping there every night checking in on him, getting him groceries every day, helping him with something, etc. Thus, things have been pretty crazy/busy here.

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

Wow! Thank you! I'd like to thank everyone who helped me get here.....Mom, Dad, Big Sis for tormenting me throughout my childhood, my Dear Hubby, and all the other people who helped make this happen! hee hee.....just kidding folks. Well, if you'll have me I'll be more than happy to take on the hosting duties. Any complaints, let Jeanne know, I don't want to hear them. LOL! :-)

Thanks again Jeanne, you've been such a wonderful host this year that I hope I can come close to measuring up to you!

Stephanieeeeeee! Are you out there? Hope the pregnancy isn't putting a damper on your Fall. Drop me an e-mail and let me know you're OK, 'K?

• zoegurl2001
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Diane,

Don't feel bad one bit. I didn't know you had been sick, I sure hope you are feeling better now! Looking forward to whatever you send, of course, as always, hee hee. ;) Take it easy and get well first, though.

~Summer

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Greetings All,
    Kelli thanks for Hostessing!!!

Summer, I am so glad you are all o.k.after your tire adventure. That is my big worry driving these hwys in FL, some of them you can go 10 miles in total darkness. Its nice the dogs have a yard they can play in while you all are setting up the house.

The teens and I just got back from another trip to Tampa area, (FL has Spring and FALL break, the wonders of Jeb Bush and No Child Left Behind never cease to amaze me....these kids need every minute of instruction in this county) son showed his art portfolio to admissions dean and got it approved for his application so that is a weight off him. Then we went to Dali museum in Sarasota and teens went to Busch Gardens. Now everyone is back to school and work and Otis and I are contemplating the garden again which is as it should be :)

To Miss Debbie, I have'nt forgotten you was waiting on some bulbs, will have your package in mail this week. Have a great day ladies!!!

• pastvast
    17 years ago

Daisy_me... I haven't forgotten about you. Truly! I've put together some items in the box, but wanting to add a couple more things in there. I think it's going to be an Oct./Nov. combo box. I'm figuring with the baby due in early Nov, it might be wishful thinking on my part that I'll get a box out then! However, I'm adding you onto the baby announcement address list, so you'll definitely be hearing from me in Nov.

Ann: I got the box you sent today. I love the bulbs (dutch irises and daffodils) and will plant over the weekend. They're huge, so I suspect they'll put on quite the show in spring! Is it safe to winter sow the flower seeds you sent? I know some like it and others can't take it... so if you've got experience let me know!!

Sorry I've been so bad about writing. I've been bringing home work almost every night and even weekends. Trying to get work stuff all taken care of before the baby arrives!!

Take care everyone!
    -Stephanie

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Kelli,
    Thanks for the package I received today. I know this is the second one in October - no wonder you got elected leader! LOL! I loved your election speech!
    Anyway, the bulbs and the candy are very much appreciated. I love to put out a few new bulbs each year. Many of ours do not reappear the second year because it doesn't get cold enough to keep them going. The pumpkin is really cute, too. I will but him out every year with my other Halloween decorations.
    Stephanie - when that baby arrives, please have someone post it here. We will all want to celebrate along with you. Seems to us like that 9 mo. went fast, but I'm sure that is not the case with you. Have a safe delivery and we'll be glad to see you back online.
    Night, all!

• atravers
    17 years ago

Stephanie,
    You've been so busy just trying to get ready for that baby to come.
    About the salvia, I know it doesn't winter sow well for me here in zone 5. I usually start it late Feb./early March under lights and grow them along indoors until I can safely put them outside. They're a bit of work but well worth the effort.
    Take care of yourself and keep us posted.
    Ann

• zoegurl2001
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey All,

Well, we are exhausted and sore, but things are coming along nicely, and our house is slowly starting to look more like a home and less like a box warehouse. And guess what?? We got a big jetted bathtub, it is awesome, I have never had one of those. For the first time in my life today, I took a real bubble bath in a jetted tub. Oh my, it was SO needed for my back. Now I've gotta get some bath salt and a bath pillow and all that relaxing bath stuff, because I will be using that tub whenever I can, LOL! And the bathroom has a skylight, so you can look up at the sky while in the bath. I am so thankful for it, it will be wonderful, hee hee. ;)

Anyway, though we have been super busy, I am taking it easy for a bit after a full morning, and I took a few minutes and snapped a few photos of the beautiful roses the previous owners left behind. I have never been a rose grower, and have no idea what any of these are called or anything, and I don't know much about growing roses, but I hope to learn, now that I have all these beauties to take care of! If anyone here has any idea what any of these are called, or if you have any tips on being a successful rose grower, feel free to post! Here are a few photos of the one's in bloom.

{{gwi:1303511}}

~Summer

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Beautiful roses, Summer! I'll bet if you post the pictures on the rose section of GardenWeb some will have a good guess of which variety they are. The first one that is yellow might be Michelangelo. Notice, I said MIGHT! I had Michelangelo for a little while, but it died.
    I am jealous of that wonderful sounding bathtub... wow... that will be great after a day of gardening (and the skylight in there, too, wow!)

Jeanne

• mellen
    17 years ago

Summer, gorgeous roses. You lucky gal! My October box for Carol will be mailed tomorrow/Friday. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

No hurry Stephanie, you just make sure you take it easy. :-)

• abcgirltx
    17 years ago

Kelli, I also thought your acceptance speech was a hoot! Thanks for hostessing, I think I'll probably play for year 3.

Summer, glad to hear your move went well. I laughed at your reference to a box warehouse, I know that feeling well! About your roses - I recommend talking to the folks and posting your pictures on the Texas Gardening forum. It is a very active forum, and you'll find lots of knowledgeable rose people on there.

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Morning Ladies! I have a confirmation # for Debbie -0305 1720-0000-8239-0651, I ended up sending bulbs I bought locally, the catalogue ones arrived and looked funky and the bulbs in my yard are weasly too. Arrrgh what a drag! I think they will go with your garden colors though....

Stephanie take care of yourself, I can't believe you are still working, good for you, will be keeping you in my prayers...

Summer, WOW. The roses are gorgeous. Its nice you have something beautiful to look at while you unpack, and get situated. You will probably be a rose expert this time next year...

O.k off to walk Otis the Terrierist, he is watching all the morning walkers go by from the window next to me and barking at all the regulars...losing his patience with me! Then we are cleaning and hanging the Halloween stuff up outside, better later than never, (Christmas is less than 2 months away now egads) hope you all have a nice weekend.

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Summer, your new roses are beautiful! You'll be an expert before we know it (and we need one!)

You should have your package today, so sorry, I was bummed so bad when you didn't get it Friday:(

Hope you like!

• zoegurl2001
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, I typed out a whole message, pushed submit, then my internet went off and I lost it all. GRRR.... ANYway, lol...

Diane,
    I received your package today. She sent me a really big and gorgeous garden statue!! I absolutely love it, thank you so much. It is beautiful, Diane. Here is a photo of it out in my yard:

Diane, you have been such a great pal these past few months, despite how crazy busy you have been. And I cannot thank you enough for that. I wish we could've been pals longer, but I am enjoying the time that we have been pals. E-mail me sometime if you ever get a spare minute, and I will do my best to respond. I am still way behind on e-mails to others, specifically Susan, who I want to apologize to for not writing in so long. Seems like there is always so much to do, and so little time. I hope to sit myself down and write a good e-mail to you sometime.

By the way Diane, here's a photo of the king frog statue you sent me last month, out on my back patio for now:

Thanks again Diane, for such a great housewarming gift!

~Summer

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Awwwe....sweetie, you're so very welcome, I have so enjoyed being pals with you! And I just adore garden stuff mingled in my flower beds and patios. So glad you're settled in now. I'll be emailing you soon!

LOL, love ya girl!

• atravers
    17 years ago

Karen!
    I just received a notice for a subscription to Horticulture magazine from you! What an absolutely generous gift. I'm so excited! This is one great magazine. And you're one great gardening friend that I'm going to miss once this exchange is over. You've been so wonderful to me. I appreciate your thoughtful gifts and having this chance to get to know you over the year. But I'll think of you all next year when I get each issue of Horticulture! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
    Ann

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I haven't read this thread for a little while and you vote in a new leader, I am opposed I liked Jeanne, I am old and don't take to change well. Sassy love your kitties in the tub, my sentiments exactly. Mellen, glad you got something for your diaper rash, can you share with earthly , jeanette and sassy. Thankyou for my wonderful box, first I must say I love my wolf lamp, looks like a birch stump lantern style top wolf carving in middle wolf head on top, I love it, then 3 colors of mums, a pumpkin bread mix now I can use the pumpkin pie filling that has been on my shelf for 7 yrs, a cute battery operated tea light and holder, a belt clip chattering skeleton a pink lizard pen, glow in the dark gummy worms a ghoulish berry baby bottle, boy has miss mellon spoiled me, I just love it all. thankyou hugscompliments of sassy

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

I just wanted to duck in here and wish all of you a Happy Halloween. We don't get trick or treaters at our house so I think it will be a normal day tomorrow. However, I certainly went ahead and decorated anyway. The weather has been so nice here the last few days. Wish I could spend all day outside!
    Don't scare too many people and don't eat too much candy. LOL

{{gwi:1303518}}

P.S. Carol, I think we have term limits here at the Garden Circle Exchange Ring - time to throw the old president out after one year. Kelli will be great!

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Thank you Giverny/Susan for another wonderful package & letter.

Susan sent me some beautiful tulip bulbs & freesia corms.
    A pumpkin cup full of candy plus some more candy on the side. Chocolate YUMMY! Plus some spiced tea bags.
    Stuff to adorn my table this fall included orange candles, napkins, plates & a cute stuffed pumpkin.
    Also the cutest little bugs & blooms buttons. Last but not least, an assortment of magnets. I love those. "The Queen of Everything" & "It's Good to Be Queen" are now on my refrigerator. :)

Thanks again Susan for the gifts. :)

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Happy Halloween Everybody!!!!

I just scored a whole bag of chocolate candy and I didn't have to say "trick or treat" even once. Debbie, thank you so much for the Halloween surprise. I am a confirmed chocoholic so I am very excited about this months package. The bag with the witch on it is really a hoot also. You have been a wonderful pal this year!

Ann, I am glad that you liked the magazine subscription. It is just a little something extra though. I have your November package ready and will try to get it in the mail to you in the next couple of days. I have really enjoyed being your gardening pal this year also.

Summer, it looks like you got yourself a lovely yard in the process of your move.I know you will have a lot of happy hours gardening there.

Karen

• mellen
    17 years ago

Carol, So happy you like your "stuff." You are so fun to have for a pal. I will not be sharing my diaper rash cream with anyone but you. I am going to really try to get your next box out earlier. Love ya, Mary Ellen/Mellen