Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

NEW: Secret Santa Swap 2012 5th year Celebration

flwrs4ever
11 years ago

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 30 wishes ON SECOND THREAD Marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS"

( also make sure your regular want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

++++++ ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST +++++++

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 23rd

3. pack your seeds and cards as you go, plan on having them ready by

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail by Dec 5th ( BUT DONT Mail, you will get a mail date )

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)

Santa Claus ( your full name)

100 Snow Lane

North Pole 00000

I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines and promise to ENJOY this swap :D

( put your name here )

please let me know if you are a NEWBIE. Newbie for this swap is defined as someone with NO SEEDS to share.

5. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs OR large size seeds. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 5th ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES....some people may receive multiples of the same seed, but the best part is...it may be a different color, or variety...ALSO,they can use them to trade later !

10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

THERE WILL BE GAMES .. SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKIN THE FORUM !

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !

Simplified :

1. Post your Wish list on the thread marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS" ( NOT this thread, thanks ! and NO chatter on the list thread )

2. Send me your mailing info as PER DIRECTIONS

3. decide how many people you are willing to send to..check their wish lists. pack up seeds

4. put together a Christmas Card with seeds inside.

5. Address envelopes after you receive the address list.

6. Mail cards on DATE SENT to you by Santa

ONE LIST POSTER PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND POST YOUR WISH LIST ON SECOND THREAD, AND UPDATE YOUR PROFILE WISH LIST SO SANTA CAN PEEK THERE TOO !!

Comments (142)

• jlee160
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I believe I sent you my list of who I would like to send to - but I did not get addressed back yet, are you not sending them until the 5th?

• keiki
    11 years ago

Oh no I can't believe I missed this!

• redthreaddiy
    11 years ago

Hopefully she'll let you in keiki!

• kchd
    11 years ago

jlee160, I was kinda wondering along the same lines. Which comes first?

Do I send in a list to Kym of who I'm sending cards to, then get addresses for those people emailed back to me?

Or will a master address list be sent to everyone, and then we let Kym know who we are sending cards to?

Katie

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

in years past she will email all us the full list of all players. I usualy print it out and use it to keep track of who I sent to and who sent to me.
    michelle

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Kym said in the instructions to send our list of whom we are mailing to, to her, by Dec. 5th. She will be emailing addresses as soon as she can, I would guess. That's a HUGE job. Then she will email us individually with a "mail by" date. Every one will have a different mail by date,so that the cards are flying all month long! Pretty neat set-up. Lots of work on Kym's part.
    Hope this helps!
    Shirley!

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

yep, go through the lists and decide who you can send to, and send that list of names to Kym. do not send her a list of what you are sending, just send a list of names to whom you are sending. she will send each of us an e-mail with a master list of names and addresses, and when she wants us each to send out our seeds and cards.
    if you find more people to send cards and seeds to later, that's okay too. just send Kym a quick note with those additional names.

Kym, thanks for all your hard work! You do an amazing job getting all this info out to everyone!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for answering the questions, I could see them on my email, but my internet went down with the snow last night, and it drove me crazy that I couldnt answer :)

I hope everyone is working on getting their seeds and cards ready ..I am waiting on a few addresses, my list is done and waiting to send to everyone.

keiki, if you quickly post a wish list, and send me your info..Ill allow ya to sneak in.

As I said in a post above, I will send out the addresses before December 1st.

Please Note : I am not allowing alwaysagarden to leave the swap, she has been sending for years, and I dont think she should be left out..it IS the season :)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    11 years ago

These people didnt post a wish list ( unless I missed it)

peaches0104
    pumpkingal
    thekens11

These owe me an address:

clipclop

Unsure if in swap:

plant-one-on-me
    keiki

• chefconnie
    11 years ago

Where can I send always garden some postage money? I may not have a lot of seeds, but I can spare some $$ for another gardener :)

• chefconnie
    11 years ago

Where can I send always garden some postage money? I may not have a lot of seeds, but I can spare some $$ for another gardener :)

• jimryder
    11 years ago

None of us here will allow alwaysagarden to be left out. Happy holidays to everyone!

Tonya and Jim

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Alwaysagarden was on my list to send to, and she still is.
    I've been behind the eight ball many times, and there has always been someone there for me. I pay it forward, in big ways and small ways, every chance I get. Nuff said!
    Shirley!

• keiki
    11 years ago

I will do it right now. THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU! I love this swap everyone is always so generous and kind!

• momgardens1
    11 years ago

:) ready...just patiently awaiting addresses

• redthreaddiy
    11 years ago

I just looked through all of the wish lists. I believe this will take me an entire week or more of packing/labeling seeds. WOW. Lots of wishes I can fill! So excited!

• detroitgirl77
    11 years ago

I just picked up some cards today. Now to get through the list and start packing! This is gonna be fun!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This swap is NOW CLOSED( no more info will be accepted), and emails have been sent to ALL..I did have ONE email come back to me, so If you didnt get an "SSS Addresses" email from me tonight, PLEASE let me know BY EMAIL.

I sent EACH email seperately..which took forever, but I wanted to take my time and work out the mailing info

The FIRST thing I need you to do ..is CHECK your address, and make sure I didnt make a mistake !!

HO~HO~HO

Santa Kym

• katkni
    11 years ago

Now I just have to sit on my hands until my date!!!!! Time to start making more packages.

• chefconnie
    11 years ago

I didn't get you email, I sent you an email but wanted to post here just in case.

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

I got my list of addies this morning! YAHOO!!! Now I can get out my seeds and cards and start sending them to their forever homes! This is SOOOO a part of my Christmas! THANKS KYM!!! YOU ROCK!!! HO! HO! HO!!!

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Kym, like chefconnie, I haven't received my list, either. Dunno of it's GW mail or Yahoo, or what.

• keiki
    11 years ago

YIPPEE I found lots of wishes to fill!

• keiki
    11 years ago

YIPPEE I found lots of wishes to fill!

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

My first batch is ready to go, and I've never been quite able to follow directions. I'll try though, I really will.
    I even had some help from the new addition to the family, Grumpy.

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Grumpy's adorable!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Dan, congrats on the cute new addition. How does Bump and Stella feel about this?
    Only four more cards to fill and then I start addressing. Why does time fly when the holidays come? So much to do and so little time.

Margo

• redthreaddiy
    11 years ago

Very cute new addition dan :)

• dan_the_mailman
    11 years ago

Bump has been acting like the big brother, showing Grumpy the ropes, telling him about the rules, and occasionally giving him a thump on the head when he gets to be aggravating.
    Stella is going to take some time. She's gone from hissing and loud growls to occasional growls and ignoring Grumpy. The funny thing is, he likes to interact with her and keeps trying to get her to play with him, so I think he's wearing her down.
    I'd say all will be well, and everyone will have adjusted within the next week or so.

• clipclop
    11 years ago

I have not received my addresses yet either. I WENT BACK AND checked to make sure I had not overlooked. Had spent all weekend out of town helping daughter paint tired but hopeful I can sit and address card today.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    11 years ago

***I just added CLIPCLOP's address to the list **********

cryptid, I have sent the email 3 times, if you havent received it..please email me directly, not thru GW and I will try again !

A two year little boy, Tripp, was outside playing at daycare..when a tree limb fell ( about 30 days ago) and hit him in the head. He was taken to the hospital and the parents were told he wouldnt make it through the night.It is a miracle he is alive, and doctors do not know what kind of recovery he will have...they had to remove his skull which is going to be replaced next week. The parents are going through a nightmare...and I thought MAYBE you all would be willing to mail just ONE more card. I know when life changes in an instant, that love and support is what gets ya through. If you would like to read more about them I have added a link to their FB page, and mailing address is on our list of addresses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tripp's story

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    11 years ago

********CLIPCLOP's address has been added *************

I am going to work on cleaning out my emails again this morning...then I will get a game posted, so stay tuned !!

People have asked where my Wish List is...I appreciate everyone asking, but I am not able to garden due to an injury from a car accident. I normally post asking for you to send to someone else each year...this year I have added Tripp's story. The past 5 years have been REAL hard for me but this swap ALWAYS brings SOOO much happiness and is a highlight to my year......so THANK YOU to everyone that has joined the past 5 years :)

Also, people have asked about Princess, My dog woke me two years ago and she couldnt walk. I thought for sure they would put her down. After 6 weeks of hand feeding, carrying outside to pee, etc. She began to walk again. Well, she is still with us and her back is weak, but as long as her quality of life is good, I will continue to snuggle with her :)

Again, THANK YOU for all the wonderful emails, the time you put into bringing a smile to someone else at this time of year. You ALL are the BEST !!

Ho! Ho! Ho! ~ Santa Kym

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    11 years ago

**********FIRST GAME *********

1. How many cards will we mail this year ?
    2. Who will receive first card ?
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ?

Post your guesses on HERE, one guess/post per person.(answer all three questions ) You can use the same number if someone uses your guess. Good Luck !!

Anyone up for a game of BINGO, or are you tired of it ?

• l1oness
    11 years ago

My guesses:

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 365
    2. Who will receive first card ? Kym
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 1900

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Here are my guesses:
    1. How many cards will we mail this year? 400
    2. Who will receive the first card? Cryptid
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 2500

Shirley!

• redthreaddiy
    11 years ago

I LOVE bingo! Bring it on!

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 550
    2. Who will receive first card ? micyrey
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 3,000

• chefconnie
    11 years ago

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 490
    2. Who will receive the first card? Kym....from me :)
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 2,450

• smitties
    11 years ago

Bingo, YES.

1. How many cards will we mail this year. 1201
    2. Who will receive the first card? Kym
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 4700

• kchd
    11 years ago

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 604
    2. Who will receive first card ? dan_the_mailman
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 1735

Bingo? Heck, YES!

Katie

• ruthz
    11 years ago

1. How many cards will we mail this year. 1232
    2. Who will receive the first card? sji1981
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 7759

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Santa Kym,

Oh my, how could you possibly think we would be tired of BINGO? I'll ditto Margo......BINGO, YES

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 998
    2. Who will receive the first card? Tripp...God Bless You Tripp
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 5858

Merry Christmas!! And thanks always Santa Kym!

Annie

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 900
    2. Who will receive the first card? neohippie
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 15001

Thank you Santa Kym!
    Alana

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

1. How many cards this year? 830
    2. First card? Kym
    3. How many cards total sent in the 5 years? 3550

Thanks Kym

Don

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

Yes to BINGO.

I have this song in my head now. Everybody sing along!

BINGO

There was a farmer had a dog,
    And BINGO was his name-o,
    B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    And BINGO was his name-o!

Don

• jaynine
    11 years ago

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 1277
    2. Who will receive first card ? Kym
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 7758

• redthreaddiy
    11 years ago

I just spent the last 3 hours stamping cards! I always underestimate how much time a simple stamping will take.

• redthreaddiy
    11 years ago

by stamping, I mean with ink. not the actual stamps - those are fun :)

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

Cards this year: 216
    First to get card: Kym and dan the mailman tied :)
    Cards mailed over last 5 years: 1565
    YES TO BINGO!!!
    I would love to send extra card to Tripp's family please!

• sjc48
    11 years ago

B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    B-I-N-G-O
    And Bingo was his name, O!
    Don said to sing along, so I am, but I'm really glad no one can hear me!
    What would the dog's nickname be? Bing? O?
    HO, HO, HO!
    Shirley!

• detroitgirl77
    11 years ago

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 747
    2. Who will receive first card ? me(detroitgirl77)--I received my first one today!
    3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 6,275

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Swap 2012 continuation thread

This post was edited by detroitgirl77 on Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 17:45