Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Secret Santa Swap 2012 5th year Celebration

Posted by flwrs4ever 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 14:09

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 30 wishes ON SECOND THREAD Marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS"

( also make sure your regular want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

++++++ ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST +++++++

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 23rd

3. pack your seeds and cards as you go, plan on having them ready by

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail by Dec 5th ( BUT DONT Mail, you will get a mail date )

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)
Santa Claus ( your full name)
100 Snow Lane
North Pole 00000

I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines and promise to ENJOY this swap :D
( put your name here )

please let me know if you are a NEWBIE. Newbie for this swap is defined as someone with NO SEEDS to share.

5. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs OR large size seeds. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 5th ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES....some people may receive multiples of the same seed, but the best part is...it may be a different color, or variety...ALSO,they can use them to trade later !

10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

THERE WILL BE GAMES .. SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKIN THE FORUM !

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !

Simplified :

1. Post your Wish list on the thread marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS" ( NOT this thread, thanks ! and NO chatter on the list thread )
2. Send me your mailing info as PER DIRECTIONS
3. decide how many people you are willing to send to..check their wish lists. pack up seeds
4. put together a Christmas Card with seeds inside.
5. Address envelopes after you receive the address list.
6. Mail cards on DATE SENT to you by Santa

ONE LIST POSTER PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND POST YOUR WISH LIST ON SECOND THREAD, AND UPDATE YOUR PROFILE WISH LIST SO SANTA CAN PEEK THERE TOO !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
swap

I am sorry I need to relearn the new way of posting photos ! I hope you ALL will help spread the word :)

o
RE: NEW: Secret Santa Swap 2012 5th year Celebration

Hello Kym,

Thank you so much for hosting this Seed Swap for the 5th year. This is my 3rd year. I really do enjoy it and was indeed looking forward to it.

Let the seed sharing begin!

o

Wow, Kym, is your timing ever great! I've been planning on sitting down with my seeds this weekend and figuring out what I have, and what I can do with the ones I won't be using next year! Ho! Ho! Ho! Now to get cracking on what you've told me to do! Lol!

Bump and Stella meowed to tell you "hello"!

Dan

o

Love, love, love this swap !!! Kym, thank you so much for being our hostess with the mostest again ! This is one of the best things about the holidays ! Sending my info asap!

Iris

o

My third year, and one of my favorite swaps. Thanks Kym for all of time and effort you put in. I'll be sending my info.
Debby

o

I'm in for sure. I have been thinking about this swap and hoping we would be doing it again this year. I can't believe it is that time again already. Will be sending my info to you as soon as I post this. Thanks so much for doing this.

Margo

o

I'm in! It's just not Christmas without this swap! Low on cash, but got lotsa seeds! dirtdaddy

o

I also want in. Missed it last year. Christmas is my favorite season of the year.

Ellie

o

Hi Kym,

I have been watching out for this swap. This will be my 5th year.

I can't wait to start mailing this really makes a huge part of my Christmas.

Thanks for hosting again you are the best.

margarita10

o

I'm in on this again. As this will be my 3rd year and it is so much fun. I do have more seed than I need. I will get my list ready and my Forum page should be up to date but will check it out.
gmom

o

Kym

Please add me to the list as playing. Though this year was crazy for me in collecting seeds. I have a smaller stash this year but I am still willing to share it. Thanks for hosting again.

Paula

o

So happy to see this again! I love this one! Will post wish list in day or so. Thanks,Melinda

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 14:59

This will be a new one for me, but with everyone loving it so much, I just have to participate. It looks like a lot of fun, and I just love the idea of sending seeds out in the spirit of sharing holiday cheer!
Posting my wishlist & sending an email tout suite!
Katie

o

Hi Stella! Hi Bump! dd.

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 23:22

New for me too! Count me in. Sent you an email, Kym.
Shirley!

o

I want to join! :-)

Tonya

o

I want to join! :-)

Tonya

o

I love this swap lots of fun.

I have posted my list. Sorry I didn't read this thread first. I will not post another list kym.

o

Hiya DirtDaddy!

o

Hi! Glad to see u both keeping busy for the holidays! Have a great seed swap! dd.

o

Santa Kym,

So looking forward to the 2012 Secret Santa Swap Celebration!! I will email my information off to you!

Thanks so much!!

Annie

o

This is my third year too. I would love to join again.
Thanks

o

I'm in, this is one of my favorite swaps.

o

Hi! I want to get in on this as a newbie, we just moved to Oregon and guess what? i forgot all of my seeds!! i know right? how could i do something like that?? LOL i didn't read all the stuff, but I would be happy with anything, but i wanted to try getting a herb garden again, and i love anything hummingbirds and butterfly's love! **big smile** hope ya'll have an awesome day!! ~Medo

o

Wow! Great response in such a short period of time. I will say it is one of my favorite swaps. There is nothing like finding a surprise in your mailbox from a fellow gardener.

Margo

o

Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 9:20

Hi all, Just thought I'd ask about how most of you send your seeds in greeting cards. Do you just line the card with bubble wrap to protect the seeds? This seems appropriate for 1 or 2 packs of small seeds. Or do you stick the whole thing in a BEAP? This seems the best choice for big seeds or lots of seed packs.

Just curious about everyone's method to their madness ;)

o

Hi,
I am in again this year. I really love this swap.
Faye!

o

Hi,
I am in again this year. I really love this swap.
Faye!

o

I want to join. I did not do any trading last year and missed this swap. I'll send you my information.

Ginger

o

kchd, it sounds like you've got a good handle on how to send your seeds. the thing to remember is that, eventually, all envelopes go through some kind of machinery before they get delivered, so plan, plan, plan. what I do with my seeds when mailing them out is to put them inside the christmas card, and put that inside a bubble envelope. the more cushion you put between your seeds and the outside world, the better.

also remember that it is best to take your envelopes to the post office for proper postage. what's worse than receiving a package of seeds and having to pay for postage due? no one intends for it to happen, but sadly it does. personally, I received 3 postage due envelopes last year, and I know I wasn't the only one.

-Dan

o

o

Just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone ! I see Santa is making his list and checking it twice hehe I am really looking forward to the holidays and being a busy seed sharing elf ! I've been looking at the wish lists and already see many wishes I can help fill ! I hope the newbies are not shy about posting what they would like to grow ? I have to remember to get some new " sparkly " gel markers at the store next time I go , mine ran out of ink last year ! Stickers too ! I already got my bubble wrap cut into nice handy dandy squares ready to go !I think I will also make more homemade seed envelopes from last year's seed catalogs , they are so colorful and pretty ! Are you all ready ??? HO HO HO !!!

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 10:45

kchd, I use bubble wrap inside the card.
I also put tape around the corners of the ouside envelope.
Like Dan said, I take them to post office to have them weigh for postage needed.

o

I like to join again this year.Had alot of fun last year.
Sending my info.

lisa

o

Sun, Nov 4, 12 at 13:16

Ranegrow, I'm getting there! I got my cards printed today, hopefully will get the envies done today too. Also have some of my seeds packed up. I figure if I'm organized now, then later on, when the MADNESS hits, I'll at least have this much done!

Katie, those sheets of thin, packing foam work well for packing the smaller seeds! And I always check with the Post Office, about weight, before mailing. Like Dan said, it prevents problems! WEll, he kinda said that!

Gotta go make envelopes - very boring process but it needs to be done!
Shirley!

o

Hi everyone , i,m so glade your doing this again this year Kym , it lets us all have something to look forward to when there might not be much of anything elss. Its so fun and exciting when the cards start to show up , and well it just wouldnt be the same if we didnt . Love to all , and may you have the best of the Hoilday Season . Oh yes , love the picture of the Kitties Dan.

o

Last year was my first year, and I'd love to participate again. I also have a bunch of new, open-pollinated stuff to send out! Thanks again to Kym for taking her personal time to organize such a great event!

--Jordan (WonderWeasel)

o

I am so excited. I tell everyone about this swap year-round! This will be year 3 for me. Can't wait!

Dan - love your cat photos :)

o

Oh this is it,, it is here been waiting and waiting for a year for this,, have alot of new great seeds this year,,I am having problems getting into garden web on my putor,, so have to use my son's..my nails are too long to type on this kind,, ouch..Oh this is the greatest swap of the year,,I will go threw the lists to see who has been vary good this year,,lol I have to go update my list's so will get to my wishes soon,, that you so much Kym for hosting this great swap..
Let the seeds fly
Lisa

o

I would like to join this swap. I did it that year and it was so much fun.

o

I'm in as well. Thanks to redthreaddiy for recommending this! Looking forward to giving and receiving!
Michelle

o

I'm in! Just need to think up a wish list. I actually don't need a lot of seeds this year, but I love getting the cards. I also love being able to send out extra seeds to people who want them.

o

Kym,

I will be joining in again this year. Iwill send my info soon.

Lisa

o

I am a new gardener, I am really excited to participate in this exchange. I don't have a lot of seeds this year, but I already have thoughts in my mind to plan for this next year.

o

I'm getting excited also! Have some things ready for some. Don't have my list up yet. Guess I will have to get that done today! This is always my fav. swap! Melinda

o

I'm getting excited also! Have some things ready for some. Don't have my list up yet. Guess I will have to get that done today! This is always my fav. swap! Melinda

o

Is it too late to join?

o

Wow I would like play too. It sounds like lots of fun. I think it would be great to get cards/w seeds.

o

I'm in. I really loved this swap last year and I'm looking forward to this year's.

o

I have started an excel spreadsheet of everyone's wish lists. I find that it's easier to view them that way, so you can highlight seeds that you can send out. I will update it daily, so please let me know if you'd like a copy. Just email me and I'll email you the attachment!

o

I would love to join the great xmas swap. I am a newbie again and have some seeds to trade but they might be to common. Sending u my info
Thanks so much
Lisa

o

This will be my first time with Secret Santa. Really looking forward to participating.
Sheila

o

Yes, I am in! Love this swap and always look forward to it. Thank you Kym for hosting another year! :)

Cindy

o

Making cards next Sunday! My list keeps growing.

o

Wow, what a great response. For those of you who are new to this, you will not regret joining in. SO much fun. I have 24 cards I am in the process of filling and will be looking for more requests to fill once I finish those.

Thanks to flwers4ever for hostess. It looks like you are headed for success. Margo

o

Newbie here, I thought I signed up but don't see my post here. Newbie confussion I guess lol. I'm so excited! Happy Holidays Everyone!

o

This sounds like a lot of fun in the spirit of the holidays! I'd love to join, will send my info and post a wishlist soon. I've started packaging some seeds already.

o

I'm working on my list of people to send to and filling cards with seeds. This is the perfect thing to get a tired mailman through the busy holiday season! Nothing better than a cup of hot spiced cider while playing Santa!
Thanks Kym for doing this again!
Dan

o

I'm working on my list of people to send to and filling cards with seeds. This is the perfect thing to get a tired mailman through the busy holiday season! Nothing better than a cup of hot spiced cider while playing Santa!
Thanks Kym for doing this again!
Dan

o
It's a Bump thing

Here's a picture I took last night of His Majesty sitting on my sewing desk. That's my sewing wall behind him. -Dan

o

Making cards (prototype/mock-up complete as of this evening). Seeds are nearly all packed-up for those whom I'll be sending to. No snow or ice here, yet (thank goodness), but a fair amount of rain (which isn't such a bad thing). This year's "sss swap", as was last years, will definitely be the highlight of our Christmas holiday season!:)

Fab picture of Bump, Dan!

o

yippee!! I would love to join in again this year! Please add me to the swap list. Sending you my info now. :)

Sassyb.

o

Hi Bump! dd

o

Hi Bump! dd

o
Please read

********************************************************************** ***************. Hi everyone, no one is late..sign ups are still going till November 23rd.

If you haven't, PLEASE send me your mailing info in the exact way asked.

*************A newbie for this swap means you own NO SEEDS , and remember to pay it forward next year.******************otherwise, everyone is an elf.
(A 'special elf' is an extra duty mailing an extra card or two helping to make sure everyone receives )

I have a favor to ask....could you ALL, go to your favorite forums and post about the swap, I'd appreciate the help ! (Or encourage a friend to join )

what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving ? Any special recipe or tradition you would like to share ?

Ho! Ho! Ho,
Santa Kym

o

I'd love to participate. Last year was my first secret santa swap and it was so much fun. Thanks for hosting!
Margie

o

Our cat Tobor is practicing his after-Thanksgiving nap

o

I missed last year, so I'll sign up this year..This is the one where we
send out christmas cards with seeds in them, right.

Linda

o

I missed last year, so I'll sign up this year..This is the one where we
send out christmas cards with seeds in them, right.

Linda

o

I would like to join this card/seed swap this year. It sounds like fun.

o

Count me in! My kids just love racing to mailbox to see if any seeds arrived. It has become something of a Christmas tradition in our family.

As for favorite recipes, google "pumpkin stuffed with everything good." it is a decadent stuffing served in a pumpkin shell. The only downside is that it competes with the turkey for oven time and space.

o

I haven't heard anything back either. She is probably busy right now.
I'm sure she will get back to you.

o

Unless you ask a question you might not necessarily receive a response.
Posting a wish list on the Wish List thread is how you sign up; that and emailing the requested information, per the instructions at the start of the thread.
Busily looking at lists,
Alana

o

Changing my name to Alana SUE for today, lololol.

o

GOBBLE, GOBBLE! dd.

o

Happy Thanksgiving :)

o

Happy Thanksgiving :)

o

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Bump and Tobor you are both such sweet handsome cats :)

o

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Bump and Tobor you are both such sweet handsome cats :)

o

Thu, Nov 22, 12 at 6:22

Happy Turkey Day!

o

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
-Bump & Co.

===========================================================

I found more people I can send seeds to, kewl!!
-Dan

Is the turkey done yet???
-Stella

o

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
-Bump & Co.

I found more people I can send seeds to, kewl!!
-Dan

Is the turkey done yet???
-Stella

o

Happy Thanksgiving....
the pies are done, the pumpkin bread is baked, my sons choc cake is frosted, the cranberries are chilling, and turkey is roasting. now I can start on the christmas decorations.
WOW I'm pooped

o

Happy Thanksgiving. Went to my sisters, ate & picked persimmons
from her back yard. Also picked some of her double marigolds that
are orange with red speckles (very pretty) Will send these to the ones
that have marigolds on their list. If anyone else wants some, let me
know. I'm going to take a picture of them tomorrow. Also have white
datura if anyone wants some.

Tasha says early "Merry Christmas". She's not crazy about hats.

Tasha 2007

o

Hope y'all had a totally fab Thanksgiving, with lots o' lovely memorable moments and luscious leftovers!

o

I hope I'm in I had great fun before and things have been insane around lol

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
There's my ham that I made myself lol first year making a large meal on my own

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And my first helping I had great time and a bit of fun making it too was pretty easy too lol

o

Is it too late to sign up for this ?

o

You're not too late Smokey, just say add me on this post and then go to the secret santa wish list post and write your wish list, Happy holidays :)

o

Sign ups actually ended yesterday (according to swap rules), but perhaps our hostess will let you sneak in...

o

Yay !! Thanks for letting me squeeze in..I have alot to offer from some of these lists I'm seeing !!

Ok add me :o)

o

I thought the deadline was today! Woops.

o

I made a spreadsheet of everyone's wish lists - email me if you want one! It's much easier to look through because you can highlight seeds you're sending :)

o

Hi All, so sorry to say I'm going to have to drop out of this wonderful swap... one of my favorites!! Money is so tight this year I just can't afford the postage. Really bummed.

Everyone have a fantastic Christmas and hope to be back next year.
Cindy
alwaysagarden

o

Can I still join this year? My computer has been down for months and I just finally got it fixed!

o

My packages are just about ready to go, and I made my cards today. Everything should be totally done by the end of this week. Can't wait!!!

o
UPDATE from Santa Kym

The deadline was the 23rd, but this is the holiday season..so Plant-one-on-me is the last elf to sign up this year.

PLEASE NOTE: you MUST be in good standing to join this swap

I am working hard on the address list, and will email once completed. ( yes, I am a bit behind this year, life got in the way ) We have plenty of time...I promise to have it to you no later than Dec 1st.

PLEASE NOTE ***** everyone will be asked to mail at a certain time, to ensure the cards keep flowing for the month....do your best to follow the rules :)

Make sure your wish is list is posted, and THANKS to everyone for joining !!

o
One more note

PLEASE READ !!!!!!!!!!

When you send me a list of WHO you are mailing to, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add YOUR screen name, so I dont have to ask...THANKS !!

o
Crabby Santa!

grrrr

o

oh my gosh lol how adorable

o
Address list

PLEASE check this list, make sure your screen name is here ! This is a list of people I have recorded addresses for........If your name isnt listed PLEASE send me your info ASAP. I also apologize if I missed your info I just went thru over 800 emails.

alwaysagarden
Audrey
barefootgardner12
canyonwind
Chefconnie
"Cryptid"
dan_the_mailman
debby_1
dem_pa
detroitgirl77
Dirtdaddy
domesticdiana
edh87
farmergirl2009
gardendad_2k10
ggwrn
grdngramma
Hibiscusfan
ishareflowers
ilovefarac
jaynine
jas_il
jimryder
jlee160
katkni
kchd
kimnkell
LEKennedy4
lexiegurl
l1oness
lisa831
Lois
Lysa39
margarita10
mchill320
micyrey
MOMGARDENS1
msirie
NancyPlants
Neohippie
nlb52
nottougly
OceanDweller
Onedaylily
orgogal
Paulan70
peaches0104
poisondartfrog
Pseudacris_crucifer
pumkingal
rane_grow
redthreaddiy
risinsun
roper2008
Ruby_Dog
ruthz
SalsaCanner
sandysoil_2008
Sassybutterfly_2008
sjc48
sji1981
Smitties
Smokymist
socalgardengal
TheKens11
TheMidnightGarden
VaJeff
WonderWeasel
xiangirl
Zackey

If I missed you, kindly send me an email with your info. I will wait till TUESDAY night, 5 pm EST for anyone to contact me.

ALSO, remember everyone MUST send me a list whom your mailing to before midnight EST Dec 5th. If your a NEWBIE, just send me an email with the word "newbie" in the message, so I can keep good records.

THANK YOU to everyone for joining...

Ho! Ho! Ho! ~ Santa Kym

*** I cant wait till the "mailboxing" begins !! ***

o

I believe I sent you my list of who I would like to send to - but I did not get addressed back yet, are you not sending them until the 5th?

o

Oh no I can't believe I missed this!

o

Hopefully she'll let you in keiki!

o

Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 11:56

jlee160, I was kinda wondering along the same lines. Which comes first?

Do I send in a list to Kym of who I'm sending cards to, then get addresses for those people emailed back to me?

Or will a master address list be sent to everyone, and then we let Kym know who we are sending cards to?

Katie

o

in years past she will email all us the full list of all players. I usualy print it out and use it to keep track of who I sent to and who sent to me.
michelle

o

Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 13:56

Kym said in the instructions to send our list of whom we are mailing to, to her, by Dec. 5th. She will be emailing addresses as soon as she can, I would guess. That's a HUGE job. Then she will email us individually with a "mail by" date. Every one will have a different mail by date,so that the cards are flying all month long! Pretty neat set-up. Lots of work on Kym's part.
Hope this helps!
Shirley!

o

yep, go through the lists and decide who you can send to, and send that list of names to Kym. do not send her a list of what you are sending, just send a list of names to whom you are sending. she will send each of us an e-mail with a master list of names and addresses, and when she wants us each to send out our seeds and cards.
if you find more people to send cards and seeds to later, that's okay too. just send Kym a quick note with those additional names.

Kym, thanks for all your hard work! You do an amazing job getting all this info out to everyone!

o

Thank you for answering the questions, I could see them on my email, but my internet went down with the snow last night, and it drove me crazy that I couldnt answer :)

I hope everyone is working on getting their seeds and cards ready ..I am waiting on a few addresses, my list is done and waiting to send to everyone.

keiki, if you quickly post a wish list, and send me your info..Ill allow ya to sneak in.

As I said in a post above, I will send out the addresses before December 1st.

Please Note : I am not allowing alwaysagarden to leave the swap, she has been sending for years, and I dont think she should be left out..it IS the season :)

o
update

These people didnt post a wish list ( unless I missed it)

peaches0104
pumpkingal
thekens11

These owe me an address:

clipclop

Unsure if in swap:

plant-one-on-me
keiki

o

Where can I send always garden some postage money? I may not have a lot of seeds, but I can spare some $$ for another gardener :)

o

Where can I send always garden some postage money? I may not have a lot of seeds, but I can spare some $$ for another gardener :)

o

None of us here will allow alwaysagarden to be left out. Happy holidays to everyone!

Tonya and Jim

o

Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 23:05

Alwaysagarden was on my list to send to, and she still is.
I've been behind the eight ball many times, and there has always been someone there for me. I pay it forward, in big ways and small ways, every chance I get. Nuff said!
Shirley!

o

I will do it right now. THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU! I love this swap everyone is always so generous and kind!

o

:) ready...just patiently awaiting addresses

o

I just looked through all of the wish lists. I believe this will take me an entire week or more of packing/labeling seeds. WOW. Lots of wishes I can fill! So excited!

o

I just picked up some cards today. Now to get through the list and start packing! This is gonna be fun!

o
UPDATE on swap

This swap is NOW CLOSED( no more info will be accepted), and emails have been sent to ALL..I did have ONE email come back to me, so If you didnt get an "SSS Addresses" email from me tonight, PLEASE let me know BY EMAIL.

I sent EACH email seperately..which took forever, but I wanted to take my time and work out the mailing info

The FIRST thing I need you to do ..is CHECK your address, and make sure I didnt make a mistake !!

HO~HO~HO

Santa Kym

o

Now I just have to sit on my hands until my date!!!!! Time to start making more packages.

o

I didn't get you email, I sent you an email but wanted to post here just in case.

o

I got my list of addies this morning! YAHOO!!! Now I can get out my seeds and cards and start sending them to their forever homes! This is SOOOO a part of my Christmas! THANKS KYM!!! YOU ROCK!!! HO! HO! HO!!!

o

Kym, like chefconnie, I haven't received my list, either. Dunno of it's GW mail or Yahoo, or what.

o

YIPPEE I found lots of wishes to fill!

o

YIPPEE I found lots of wishes to fill!

o

My first batch is ready to go, and I've never been quite able to follow directions. I'll try though, I really will.
I even had some help from the new addition to the family, Grumpy.

o

Grumpy's adorable!

o

Dan, congrats on the cute new addition. How does Bump and Stella feel about this?
Only four more cards to fill and then I start addressing. Why does time fly when the holidays come? So much to do and so little time.

Margo

o

Very cute new addition dan :)

o

Bump has been acting like the big brother, showing Grumpy the ropes, telling him about the rules, and occasionally giving him a thump on the head when he gets to be aggravating.
Stella is going to take some time. She's gone from hissing and loud growls to occasional growls and ignoring Grumpy. The funny thing is, he likes to interact with her and keeps trying to get her to play with him, so I think he's wearing her down.
I'd say all will be well, and everyone will have adjusted within the next week or so.

o

I have not received my addresses yet either. I WENT BACK AND checked to make sure I had not overlooked. Had spent all weekend out of town helping daughter paint tired but hopeful I can sit and address card today.

o

***I just added CLIPCLOP's address to the list **********

cryptid, I have sent the email 3 times, if you havent received it..please email me directly, not thru GW and I will try again !

A two year little boy, Tripp, was outside playing at daycare..when a tree limb fell ( about 30 days ago) and hit him in the head. He was taken to the hospital and the parents were told he wouldnt make it through the night.It is a miracle he is alive, and doctors do not know what kind of recovery he will have...they had to remove his skull which is going to be replaced next week. The parents are going through a nightmare...and I thought MAYBE you all would be willing to mail just ONE more card. I know when life changes in an instant, that love and support is what gets ya through. If you would like to read more about them I have added a link to their FB page, and mailing address is on our list of addresses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tripp's story

o
update

********CLIPCLOP's address has been added *************

I am going to work on cleaning out my emails again this morning...then I will get a game posted, so stay tuned !!

People have asked where my Wish List is...I appreciate everyone asking, but I am not able to garden due to an injury from a car accident. I normally post asking for you to send to someone else each year...this year I have added Tripp's story. The past 5 years have been REAL hard for me but this swap ALWAYS brings SOOO much happiness and is a highlight to my year......so THANK YOU to everyone that has joined the past 5 years :)

Also, people have asked about Princess, My dog woke me two years ago and she couldnt walk. I thought for sure they would put her down. After 6 weeks of hand feeding, carrying outside to pee, etc. She began to walk again. Well, she is still with us and her back is weak, but as long as her quality of life is good, I will continue to snuggle with her :)

Again, THANK YOU for all the wonderful emails, the time you put into bringing a smile to someone else at this time of year. You ALL are the BEST !!

Ho! Ho! Ho! ~ Santa Kym

o
games

**********FIRST GAME *********

1. How many cards will we mail this year ?
2. Who will receive first card ?
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ?

Post your guesses on HERE, one guess/post per person.(answer all three questions ) You can use the same number if someone uses your guess. Good Luck !!

Anyone up for a game of BINGO, or are you tired of it ?

o

My guesses:

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 365
2. Who will receive first card ? Kym
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 1900

o

Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 20:22

Here are my guesses:
1. How many cards will we mail this year? 400
2. Who will receive the first card? Cryptid
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 2500

Shirley!

o

I LOVE bingo! Bring it on!

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 550
2. Who will receive first card ? micyrey
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 3,000

o

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 490
2. Who will receive the first card? Kym....from me :)
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 2,450

o

Bingo, YES.

1. How many cards will we mail this year. 1201
2. Who will receive the first card? Kym
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 4700

o

Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 22:36

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 604
2. Who will receive first card ? dan_the_mailman
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 1735

Bingo? Heck, YES!

Katie

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 22:46

1. How many cards will we mail this year. 1232
2. Who will receive the first card? sji1981
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 7759

o

Santa Kym,

Oh my, how could you possibly think we would be tired of BINGO? I'll ditto Margo......BINGO, YES

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 998
2. Who will receive the first card? Tripp...God Bless You Tripp
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 5858

Merry Christmas!! And thanks always Santa Kym!

Annie

o

1. How many cards will we mail this year? 900
2. Who will receive the first card? neohippie
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years? 15001

Thank you Santa Kym!
Alana

o

1. How many cards this year? 830
2. First card? Kym
3. How many cards total sent in the 5 years? 3550

Thanks Kym

Don

o

Yes to BINGO.

I have this song in my head now. Everybody sing along!

BINGO

There was a farmer had a dog,
And BINGO was his name-o,
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
And BINGO was his name-o!

Don

o

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 1277
2. Who will receive first card ? Kym
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 7758

o

I just spent the last 3 hours stamping cards! I always underestimate how much time a simple stamping will take.

o

by stamping, I mean with ink. not the actual stamps - those are fun :)

o

Cards this year: 216
First to get card: Kym and dan the mailman tied :)
Cards mailed over last 5 years: 1565
YES TO BINGO!!!
I would love to send extra card to Tripp's family please!

o

Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 16:14

B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
And Bingo was his name, O!
Don said to sing along, so I am, but I'm really glad no one can hear me!
What would the dog's nickname be? Bing? O?
HO, HO, HO!
Shirley!

o

1. How many cards will we mail this year ? 747
2. Who will receive first card ? me(detroitgirl77)--I received my first one today!
3. How many cards total have been sent in the 5 years ? 6,275

Here is a link that might be useful: Secret Santa Swap 2012 continuation thread

This post was edited by detroitgirl77 on Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 17:45

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here