Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap (4th Annual)

flwrs4ever
12 years ago

{{gwi:1303625}}

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 30 wishes ON SECOND THREAD Marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS"

( also make sure your regular want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

++++++ ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST +++++++

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 18th

3. All seeds need to be READY and PACKED by DEC 2nd

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)

Santa Claus ( your full name)

100 Snow Lane

North Pole 00000

I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines and promise to ENJOY this swap :D

( put your name here )

I want to be a special Elf this year.... not this year ( either is fine just let me know !! )

ALSO, please let me know if you are a NEWBIE. Newbie for this swap is defined as someone with NO SEEDS to share.

5. SEEDS MUST be ready to mail Dec 2nd. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs OR large size seeds. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 2nd ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES....some people may receive multiples of the same seed, but the best part is...it may be a different color, or variety...ALSO,they can use them to trade later !

10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

THERE WILL BE GAMES .. SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKIN THE FORUM !

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !

Simplified :

1. Post your Wish list on the thread marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS" ( NOT this thread, thanks ! and NO chatter on the list thread )

2. Send me your mailing info as PER DIRECTIONS

3. decide how many people you are willing to send to..check their wish lists. pack up seeds

4. put together a Christmas Card with seeds inside.

5. Address envelopes after you receive the address list.

6. Mail cards on DATE SENT to you by Santa

One last thing : I always ask for SPECIAL ELVES, that will help me send a few more after the counts are in...so we can make sure everyone recieves. If your interested in seeing the list of where I need help..PLEASE let me know when you send your address info. THANKS !!

Comments (137)

• lisa831
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Send you a e-mail with address, had a great time last year. Lisa

• habitat_gardener
    12 years ago

Kym, I sent my info on Oct. 31. Since you didn't receive it, I sent it again. If you still don't have it, let me know.

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

I'd like to participate. This is my 1st seed swap.

Corrine

• lexiegurl09
    12 years ago

Hey Kym. You have me on the right list, except my username is spelled lexiegurl. You forgot the second 'e'. Thanks! :)

• yotetrapper
    12 years ago

Hey Kym, sent my info once, but see you didn't get it... just sent it again.

• amoeba-meba
    12 years ago

I knew there was a reason I was obsessively collecting more seeds than I could ever use! Thank you, Kym, for organizing this swap.

The cards I send out will easily be the gifts I'm most excited to give this season. True Christmas spirit. Love it.

• nottougly
    12 years ago

Sign me up for this swap.
    I am ready to begin exchanging seeds and things again.
    Faye!

• molly_and_me
    12 years ago

I love this swap. My wish list has been posted.

Now I am making a list of cards to send and Molly is checking it twice. You better be good!

Margaret

• redthreaddiy
    12 years ago

Hi everyone!

I have made an excel spreadsheet of everyone's wish lists and am happy to share! Just send me an email with your email and I'll send it to you when the deadline for signing up is over.

This way, you can use the CTRL + F function and highlight any seeds that you have. It's a lot easier this way, trust me!

Super excited to get this going! :)

• sji1981
    12 years ago

Please sign me up.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Kym! I emailed youi twice, today! Our old cumputer bought the big one and only yesterday were we able to procure a new machine. - Count me in, count me in, count me in!

Cryptid

• audrey_gw
    12 years ago

I've sent you my info and posted a list. Thanks!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here is a list of all the SANTAS/ELVES : ( people who signed up )

PLEASE CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS LISTED HERE !!
    ( If it is, I have your mailing info)

perkybarb
    aggie bee
    Dirtdaddy
    Riley17
    dan_the_mailman
    Tl.Graham
    Jaynine
    Smitties
    barefootgardner12 GW
    Clc70
    Pumkingal
    rane_grow
    Flowergirl34
    Poisondartfrog
    Mchill320
    Ruthz
    Pseudacris_crucifer
    RedThreadDIY
    gardendad_2k10
    Onedaylily
    Hibiscusfan
    Nancyplants
    Browneyedsusan
    jas_IL
    Ishareflowers
    Cardinalwv
    Lois
    Keiki
    rbrady
    apoppyfield
    Nlb 52
    Aphroditelaughs
    Margarita10
    Canyonwind
    Paulan70
    Kellyk49
    Lily55rjw
    katkni
    amberroses
    Ilovefarac
    debby_1
    ptp813
    sassybutterfly_2008
    Rosemctier
    Graanieb
    Micyrey
    Neo hippie
    alwaysagardener
    Lekennedy4
    Xiangirl
    Pash
    Rqeversole
    Puffie
    Knufflebunnyfarmer
    Lexiegurl
    Risinsun
    Raisedbedgardener
    Karendee
    Dem_pa
    comfrey comfort
    salsa canner
    Dbannie04
    Daveedgeguitar
    wonder weasel
    klorentz
    Yotetrapper
    Rudolph25
    habitat_gardener
    Neo hippie
    Audrey
    Cryptid
    Retsec
    Molly_and_me
    Nottougly
    Yotetrapper
    Corrine1
    Amoeba-meba
    Dwouster
    Farmsteward
    JMT2213
    Appaloosa909
    fcoffill

NO MAILING ADDRESS:

msirie
    Lisa831
    TraceyOKC
    Celeegra
    Txnurse
    Jcp13

To the five listed that I dont have addresses for..please send them ASAP. ( I apologize if I didnt receive it, I double checked all my emails )

*****IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ******

*NOW...you should be going thru all the WISH lists.

*Make a list of screen names ONLY, and mail to me BEFORE Dec 1st.( sooner the better)

***EVERYONE MUST EMAIL ME A LIST OF WHOM YOUR MAILING TO !!(If your the one or two newbies you MUST just sent a message saying your a newbie)

PLEASE...always put your screen name when EMAILING to me !

*Address email will go to everyone soon ( I will let you know when it has been sent)

***EVERYONE WILL BE GIVEN A CERTAIN WEEK TO MAIL YOUR CARDS, TO TRY AND SPREAD OUT THE FUN DURING THE MONTH *******

We ALL are Santas/Elves...a "SPECIAL Elf" was one that would send AFTER initial lists were sent in..to one or two more people to help ensure that everyone receives.

***EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THEIR WISH LIST IS POSTED AND ADDRESS SENT TO ME BEFORE MIDNITE TONITE***

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

sji1981 ....I missed you on the list, have your info !

Santa is double, and triple checking her list, but I DO make mistakes.....PLEASE email me if I have missed you !

Santa Kym

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

MISSING WISH LISTS :

Cryptid
    JMT2213
    appaloosa909
    fcofill
    TraceyOKC
    Celeegra
    Txnurse
    Jcp13
    msirie

From my glancing over the lists, it looks like this is who still is in NEED of posting a WISH LIST.

You have till MIDNIGHT tonite...Hope everyone gets them posted !!

• lisa831
    12 years ago

Send mail address to you.

Happy Holiday Everyone

• flowergirl77
    12 years ago

Kym, I made it on 1 of your updated lists but not all of them! Since I am a newbie I would love to receive any seeds veggie or flower! I will post that on the wish list thread!! :-)

• graanieb
    12 years ago

I'm wondering, as we've done it before here...if anyone wants to share some quick riddles, funnies or recipes?

Thank you Santa Kym....It's beginning to look more like Christmas...already. :)

Graanieb

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Kym, you haven't mailed out the address list yet, have you? Not trying to add any pressure, just don't want to miss getting it.
    HAVE YOURSELF A GOOD WEEKEND, M'DEAR!!!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nope, havent mailed...expect it on Monday ;) ( May be sooner but Im double checking all the info first)

I will always post here saying that the info has been mailed.

Would everyone PLEASE check this list ( not for spelling errors) just to make sure I have your address !! TY

perkybarb
    aggiebee
    DirtDaddy
    Riley17
    dan_the_mailman
    Tl.Graham
    jaynine
    Yotetrapper
    Smitties
    barefootgardner12
    clc70
    Pumkingal
    rane_grow
    flowergirl34
    poisondartfrog
    mchill320
    ruthz
    Pseudacris_crucifer
    RedThreadDIY
    gardendad_2k10
    Onedaylily
    Hibiscusfan
    Nancyplants
    Browneyedsusan
    fcoffill
    Rudolph25
    jas_IL
    habitat_gardener
    Ishareflowers
    cardinalwv
    Lois
    Keiki
    rbrady
    Graanieb
    apoppyfield
    Nlb 52
    Aphroditelaughs
    margarita10
    canyonwind
    Paulan70
    Kellyk49
    lily55rjw
    katkni
    amberroses
    ilovefarac
    debby_1
    Appaloosa909
    JMT2213
    Celeegra
    ptp813
    sassybutterfly_2008
    Rosemctier
    KLorentz
    Wonder Weasel
    Dbannie04
    Salsa Canner
    ComfreyComfort
    dem_pa
    KARENDEE
    flowergirl77
    daveedgeguitar
    raisedbedgardener
    risinsun
    Farmsteward
    lexiegurl
    micyrey
    DWouster
    KnuffleBunnyFarmer
    Puffie
    Rqeversole
    Pash
    xiangirl
    Neohippie
    Lekennedy4
    alwaysagarden
    Audrey
    Cryptid
    retsec
    molly_and_me
    nottougly
    Yotetrapper
    Corrine1
    amoeba-meba
    sji1981
    herbal
    cashclan
    Rick_in_VA
    Lisa831
    Pinusresinosa

89 Santas/elves

Once I DO email the addresses, PLEASE FIRST thing you need to do is CHECK your address for any errors.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Emails with addresses HAVE been mailed !!

IF YOU DIDNT get an email PLEASE EMAIL ME ( dont post here ) I had two emails bounce back to me.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE DATES YOU WERE ASKED TO MAIL IN THE EMAIL... this will spread out the fun all month long.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

WHEN mailing me lists of WHOM you mailed to PLEASE put YOUR screen name IN the email !! ALso, just send me a list of screen names, it will make my life alot easier THANKS !

Bea, I promise to start up some games, always wait till after sign ups But it would be FUN if everyone would post a joke/riddle or a treasured recipe.

I am making Christmas Angels this year..If you would like to see them click on the blue link

Here is a link that might be useful: Kyms Angels

• cryptid
    12 years ago

I'm sooooo happy to be here again!!

Sorry my Wish List went way beyond 30,...I was going to edit the tomato list, in particular, but I was also down to the midnight hour by only a very few minutes and so I just kinda panicked-out and posted my list as it was. - Would've signed-on here and posted a lot sooner, but a while back our 4-year-old Presario-700 notebook bit-the-big-one and it wasn't only until very recently we were able to acquire a new machine (thank God for Carbonite). Then,...there've been other things going on, here, that have been energy draining to the point that one of the last things I felt like doing was to go online. For one thing, nearly 3 months ago my wife, Elly, was diagnosed with uterine cancer and, at one point, nearly bled to death due to a non-stop "period". Since then, she's had a total hysterectomy and we were assured "they got it all". Even so, Elly has endured 4 preventive radiation treatments to hopefully insure nothing nasty comes back. I've never been so scared in my entire life! I totally believe, though, that if I hadn't prayed everyday (as I always do), and if not for the prayers of others, things likely could have been a whole lot worse. - Also, Elly's 90 year old father passed away at the end of April, and two of our neighbor friends passed-on as well. - Anyway,...now, Elly and I are definitely looking forward to this year's SSSS (our absolute fave, as always)!! All I gotta do now is pick out who I'll be sending to, then make the cards-n-envelopes and get more stamps,...oh, and coffee, definitely gonna need more coffee! :)

• redthreaddiy
    12 years ago

Kym - those angels are adorable! I could never make anything as nice as that!

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

Kym, I absolutely loved the angels! Do they take long to make? I loved the variety!!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

redthreadiy and tl.graham I appreciate the kind words !

They take me just about an hour to make, and they actually look nicer in person. It gives me something to enjoy :)

Cryptid, so sorry to hear your year has been hard. May the new year bring blessings to you and Elly !

Why does Santa have three gardens ? So he can Hoe Hoe Hoe

Santa Stats

There are currently 78 people named S. Claus
    living in the U.S. -- and one Kriss Kringle.
    (You gotta wonder about that one kid's parents)

December is the most popular month for nose jobs.

Weight of Santa's sleigh loaded with one Beanie Baby
    for every kid on earth: 333,333 tons.

Number of reindeer required to pull a 333,333-ton s
    sleigh: 214,206 -- plus Rudolph.

Average wage of a mall Santa: $11 an hour.
    With real beard: $20.

To deliver his gifts in one night, Santa would have to
    make 822.6 visits per second, sleighing at 3,000 times
    the speed of sound.

At that speed, Santa and his reindeer would burst into flame
    instantaneously.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Good thing Santa's loaded with Christmas magic, eh kids?! :)

• redthreaddiy
    12 years ago

I like how the bearded santas get more $$

• Melinda Hagen
    12 years ago

Ok, here is a recipe that I have used for years! Loving homemade rolls and bread, but not liking all the kneading that goes with it! This recipe is from my grandmother and has been used 100's of times. Perfect to keep in refrigerator and only use when you just want a few rolls nightly or all at one time! I've kept it over a week and used as needed!

NEVER FAIL ROLLS

1 cup boiling water
    1 cup shortening (Crisco, etc.)
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 tblspoons salt
    Mix together until all dissolved. Allow to cool.
    Meanwhile dissolve 2 pkgs. dry yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
    When first mixture is cooled, add yeast and 2 eggs beaten. Then add another cup of lukewarm water.
    Slowly add 7 cups of flour and beat well.
    Place in covered bowl and refrigerate.When ready to use, make balls and place in muffin tins or baking pans. Allow to rise 2 1/2 to 3 hours (if using fast rising will be sooner). Bake 450 degrees until brown and done.
    Keep in refrigerator until needed. Punch dough down daily.

These are very good and easy! Great after work to make a few when get home and have hot rolls with evening meals!
    Enjoy!

Melinda

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Melinda, no fair, your rolls recipe sounds so good Elly & I want some right now!! :) I have a question, though: Might the recipe work as well using butter instead of shortening?

Here's a recipe for stuffed celery my dad always used to make for Thanksgiving, taken from Meta Given's Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking (c)1955, Volume 1, page 208.

Blend cream cheese with 1/4 to 1/2 as much Roquefort or Blue cheese (Dad always used Blue), season with salt, paprika, lemon juice and Worcestershire. - That's basically it, then just slap it on some celery ribs like you would peanut butter. It was always a hit. I've made it a few times, but I probably won't this year as we have an over-supply of peanut butter. ;)

Darrin

• Melinda Hagen
    12 years ago

Darrin, not sure about using butter, but I would think it would work. I was wondering that myself! It works pretty much the same way. I have a big bowl in refrigerator right now that is almost to the top and just made this afternoon. They are good!
    The celery sticks sound fabulous! Love everything in it. Will definitely have to try them!
    If you try it with butter, let me know! I may do that next batch!
    Melinda

• redthreaddiy
    12 years ago

I just picked up my cards to send along with seeds. Both Target and Wal-Mart have 32 cards for $3. AMAZING deal!

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Yeah, -LOL- I loved that cheesy stuffed celery even when I was a little kiddle, and I was kind of a fussy eater. Used to sneek one or two extra off the serving platter, sometimes, when Mom wasn't looking. She knew, though. :)

Oh, and I have another question. In your recipe is it really 2 "Tablespoons" of salt? I mean I realize it's 7 cups of flour, but,...?

• retsec
    12 years ago

ilovefarac, how many rolls will your recipe make. I'm needing an easy one to make for Thanksgiving. Haven't made yeast rolls since high school home economics class. That wasn't yesterday.

• jaynine
    12 years ago

I just got done mixing up the roll dough. Is it normal for it to be a bit sticky?
    PS Thanks for posting...I was looking for an easy recipe for rolls & I love trying new ones.

• Melinda Hagen
    12 years ago

Yes, the recipe does call for 2 tablespoons of salt! And yes,it is a little sticky! But it is good!
    Yes, I am sure I will love the celery sticks! Sounds great!
    I hope that all has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    I know that I am thankful for so many things this year! Esp. surviving my cancer thus far! So glad to wake up every morning!
    And Darrin, I hope that you and your wife also have a much better year than this past one. To all the others who have so much trial in their lives, just keep the faith! It is all that kept me going for quite a while and continues to do so daily!
    Once you are down, their is only one way up!
    Have a great day! Hugs to all and Happy Thanksgiving! Melinda

• graanieb
    12 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Kym, Melinda and all...it's almost here, can't you smell the aromas from the kitchens? :)
    Been preparing food and making side dishes so there is only turkey and baked potatoes to do in the morning, only one oven and got the improvise, dd and sil are coming over, she'll do the clean ups, sure am thankful.
    Kym... sorry if I seem to be rushing with my suggestions, forgot you'd do it after all signed in but knew it was coming up soon, smile.
    So sorry to hear of your struggles Melinda....Darrin and all others, glad you are keeping faith and hope that all speeds up improving.
    NEVER FAIL ROLLS look yummy, wish I could eat them, used to think myself wonder woman, ha...esp have to stay away from sugar.
    Darrin, celery sticks look good, reminds me to pick my celery, it's truly best ever, got 2 plants at Farmer's market 2 yrs ago and saved seeds, have 2 big ones and few babies now. I think seeds dont need to be covered when planted, same as basil and some other seeds. Getting my lemon and thai basil picked in the morning to stuff in turkey along with lots of garlic.
    See you all soon....take care and enjoy. HUGS.

Bea

Happy Thanksgiving.

• Melinda Hagen
    12 years ago

Retsec, I have never made them all at one time. Since it's just me and occasionally another person, I would do a few at a time. I am going to make them all today for tomorrow to take to my sisters. I would say they make at least 3 dozen or more. Wish I had a better answer, but the reason I loved them so much was they stayed for week or so and I took out the amount I wanted.
    Melinda

• pumkingal
    12 years ago

Oh Kym
    Your angels are just beautiful,,love them,, good ideas too thanks for sharing
    Happy Thanks Giving to you all
    Lisa

• graanieb
    12 years ago

Kym, meant to tell you those are some beautiful angels!

Just made double recipe brownies, tasty and moist...next is curry rice then I'm out of the kitchen til morning.

HEALTHY BROWNIES

All ingredients in approximate amounts:

3 eggwhites ( or all or part whole eggs, I often use 2 eggwhites and 1 egg)
    1/2 c each brown sugar or/ and honey -to taste
    3-4 T Truvia or Splenda ( or use either sweetener alone or in combination to taste)
    1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
    2 ripe bananas , mashed
    2 T vegetable oil or unsalted butter/ Smart Balance,softened- opt
    1/2 c unsweetened cocoa -use more if you like more chocolate
    2 tsp vanilla
    1/4 t almond- opt
    1 - 1/4 c flour -all purpose or whole wheat or combined
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/4 c chopped walnuts or other nuts- more or omit

In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and cocoa.
    In a larger bowl, beat whites slightly ( foamy) , add sweeteners, applesauce and mashed bananas, mix til combined.
    Stir in flour mixture and flavorings, mix thoroughly; fold in nuts.
    Spoon mixture into foil-lined and lightly greased and floured 10 in square baking pan.
    Bake at 350 deg about 20 minutes or until tested done.
    Remove from oven and cut into desired size squares.

( Good alone or topped with cream cheese and cool whip lite blend, for one suggestion.)

Variation: Blend Peanut Butter ( I like crunchy) with part of the batter and transfer into one side of pan before baking...or spoon into batter in pan and swirl.

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

A fun candy to have ingredients on hand & pull out when you have a group of people hanging out together. When my kids were younger their friends loved to make this & take some home to their family. Of course, eating mistakes is part of the fun!

Christmas Pretzel Reindeer Recipe
    *fun for kids of all ages to make & eat!

You will need:

Pretzels (2 inch size work better than the ones that are dollar coin size.)
    Melted White Chocolate/vanilla almond bark (your glue)
    M and Ms
    Whole Almonds

To make a reindeer:
    1. Melt some white chocolate according to directions on the package
    2. Lay the pretzel on a sheet of parchment paper
    3. Fill the three pretzel holes with white chocolate using a teaspoon.
    4. Place matching M and Ms in the two smaller holes for eyes setting on white chocolate.
    5. Place a red M and M just below the eyes, in the larger space, for the nose.
    6. Put almonds for ears above the eyes and a little to the outside
    7. Break pretzels to form antlers and set then between the ears.

Let it set up & store in an airtight container.

I couldn't find a photo of it this morning, but found one on someone's blog. The angle of the antlers make each one slightly different.

Here is a link that might be useful: photo of reindeer treats

• graanieb
    12 years ago

CURRY RICE

1 1/2 c basmati/jasmine or other fav. rice, uncooked
    4 c chicken broth, healthy
    1 pkt Lipton Onion Soup
    2 T chopped dried onion -opt
    1 T curry powder, or to taste
    3 T unsalted butter or Smart Balance, sliced

Combine all in ab 2 quart microwave-safe dish or reg. baking dish or saucepot, cover and cook on high/ medium ab. 30 min in microwave, ab. 40 on stove top-stirring ocassionally or ab. 1 hour in conventional oven, when done, stir once and let rest few minutes before serving.
    Opt- add peas or other vegetable about half way thru or at appropriate time during cooking. Sprinkle with sliced, toasted almonds before servings. Makes ab. 5 side dishes.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Sorry about the blank previous,...I'm really not sure how that actually happened.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!! :)

• retsec
    12 years ago

ilovefarac's rolls are delicious. Made a batch yesterday and cooked 6. I ate 3 for supper. Have the rest rising to take for Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's. Very easy to make also. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone.

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

I'm about to make one of my favorite lil holiday treats. And the best parts is....its SO simple.

Mini Pumpkin Muffins
    Spice cake mix
    can of pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
    Stir.
    At this point you can add whatever you like:
    mini chocolate chips,
    chopped nuts,
    craisins,
    etc

The batter will be thick. Place in greased mini cupcake pans-2/3rds full.
    Bake 18-22 min at 350 degrees

They are moist, tasty little morsels.

~*~Happy Thanksgiving Everyone~*~

• graanieb
    12 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Nancy and everyone again...thank you for being friends and for the Mini Pumpkin Muffins recipe, will have to try it soon, looks simple and good.

Watching Macy's Parade ( thanks Kym for the reminder) , good entertainment adds spark to cooking and all.

Thankful for dd Mary and hubby Stephen, about to get here.
    Bea

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY Thanksgiving, why is it I always feel stuffed like the turkey ?

Thanks SO much for the kind words on the Angels. I will be adding NEW Angels to the photo Album tomorrow :)

I will be spending some of my weekend recording the emails..I will start to send a list around sometime after the 1st to those that offered to help. ( Which I appreciate)

PLEASE, remember ...DO NOT Mail early..please go by the sending schedule. If you didnt receive the email with the address info PLEASE let me know by EMAIL :)

I hope you ALL had a wonderful day !

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Nancy, one of my mail customers makes those for me at both Halloween and Thanksgiving, and boy are they yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe.
    Dan

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

Just got home from the first of 3 Thanksgiving celebrations. My favorite part: getting to give my 20 month old grandson a bath this evening...awww, such a lil sweetheart :)

The muffin recipe made 5 dozen and they are ALL gone...haha

I hope you all had a wonderful day!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am LOVING all the recipes, my daughter is excited to try the rolls Melinda, THANKS ! I hope there is more to come :)

Last year I shared the recipe for OREO BALLS ( cookies) would anyone be interested for me to repost ?

I would LOVE to see cookie recipes that you love..I bake with my kids and then have them make a list of people that made a difference in their lives the past year. We make cookie trays and send as a thank you.

Ok I am off to count the day away :) We are at the END of this thread, so PLEASE click on this link..and join us on on the next 150 posts for GAMES, Recipes, Jokes, AND FUN recieving and sharing our Cards.

DO NOT MAIL BEFORE DEC 1ST. AND CHECK YOUR ADDRESS EMAILS FOR DATES TO MAIL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Santa swap continued here