Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap (4th Annual)

Posted by flwrs4ever (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 23, 11 at 14:30

merry christmas Pictures, Images and Photos

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 30 wishes ON SECOND THREAD Marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS"

( also make sure your regular want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

++++++ ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST +++++++

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 18th

3. All seeds need to be READY and PACKED by DEC 2nd

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)
Santa Claus ( your full name)
100 Snow Lane
North Pole 00000

I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines and promise to ENJOY this swap :D
( put your name here )

I want to be a special Elf this year.... not this year ( either is fine just let me know !! )

ALSO, please let me know if you are a NEWBIE. Newbie for this swap is defined as someone with NO SEEDS to share.

5. SEEDS MUST be ready to mail Dec 2nd. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs OR large size seeds. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 2nd ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES....some people may receive multiples of the same seed, but the best part is...it may be a different color, or variety...ALSO,they can use them to trade later !

10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

THERE WILL BE GAMES .. SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKIN THE FORUM !

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !

Elf Quartet Pictures, Images and Photos

Simplified :

1. Post your Wish list on the thread marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS" ( NOT this thread, thanks ! and NO chatter on the list thread )
2. Send me your mailing info as PER DIRECTIONS
3. decide how many people you are willing to send to..check their wish lists. pack up seeds
4. put together a Christmas Card with seeds inside.
5. Address envelopes after you receive the address list.
6. Mail cards on DATE SENT to you by Santa

One last thing : I always ask for SPECIAL ELVES, that will help me send a few more after the counts are in...so we can make sure everyone recieves. If your interested in seeing the list of where I need help..PLEASE let me know when you send your address info. THANKS !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap (4th Annual)

Yay !! I would love to be the first to sign up !Kym, Thank you once again for hosting this wonderful swap ! Nothing better than giving and receiving seeds to make the holiday season merry !!

Iris

o

Hi Kym, Hi Iris, sign me up! dd

o

I'm in! I just e-mailed you. Thanks for organizing again.

o

i have been waiting for this all year! yippee!

o

I'd like to join this year.
Janine

o

Sign me up! I've got seeds that'll need good homes so they can grow next summer!
This swap has become part of my Christmas traditions. I like putting on some Christmas music while packing the seeds into their envelopes and thinking of the smiles I'm putting on the faces of people when they see another card with seeds in their mailbox!
And yes, you should see the smile on my face when I receive one...lol!

Kym, a big THANK YOU for hosting again this year!
-Dan

o

Hi Kym, Count me in and thanks for hosting this once again. It is great fun! I will post my list and send my email.
PerkyBarb

o

Just sent my address etc. to you Kym.
Thanks again,
PerkyBarb

o

I would love to join this swap. I have many seeds that need homes.
Thanks Kym for hosting this swap. I have never done this swap but it looks like alot of fun. You will get an email shortly.

Michelle H.

o

Hi Everyone, SOO Happy to see you all , and I just love that Dan's tradition is to break to the rules...my buddy may have to get a lump of coal from me this year !! LOL

Someone said they couldnt contact me thru GW..so here is my email address

flwrs4ever@yahoo.com

Pretty Please send me ALL the info on #4 when you email, in the EXACT order to make my work easier... THANKS !!

I cant tell you all how special this swap has become to me, and I cant wait to enjoy the SEASON with you :)

HO! HO! HO!

~Santa Kym

o

I would like to join this!

o

I've been in this since the start, and I just can't seem to give it up, lol, even though I always stress over it, lol. So I'm in, but I'll not be able to send to as many people as I have in previous years. Thanks for hosting again Kym.

o

you're too late Kym! I've already received coal for Christmas before...lol! Thankfully, my parents only meant it as a prank. And NOW you know where I get it from!!!

o

This was great fun last year. I am in on it again. Thanks for hosting. Margo

o

This looks fun! I am interested in participating, and am wondering how much of someone's wish list you should be able to fill in order to pick them to send to.

o
Sending Seeds

Hi Katkni !

You can send just one type of seed to them, or several if you have them. No minimums on this swap..its ALL in the name of sharing the SPIRIT of Christmas.

I cant tell ya how much FUN "mailboxing" becomes in December..

Good Question :)

o

Yippie
I wait all year long for this wonderful funfilled swap
Thank you so much Kym for hosting this,,
Oh I love this one so much it just makes my christmas,,
Let the cards start
Lisa

o

PLEASE ~PLEASE~ PLEASE Send me ALL of this info...in this way...it sounds petty Im sure, but last year I recieved over 4,000 emails..AND I have to add ALL the info into a spreadsheet..so KINDLY help me :D

I will not add ya to the list as received, if I dont recieve all the info in this manner this year ( ok, ok Im not a meanie..just want you all to help me !! )

Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)
Santa Claus ( your full name)
100 Snow Lane
North Pole 00000

I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines and promise to ENJOY this swap :D
( put your name here )

I want to be a special Elf this year.... not this year ( either is fine just let me know !! )

*** a special elf, just means you will help me make sure everyone is receiving after the counts are done. ( YES, I count them ALL ! )

THANKS to everyone for joining !! Some great wish lists already posted :) Dont forget to update your WANT list on GW, some Santas and Elves will check them !!

Have a SUPER week !!

o

for some reason i can't send you an email with my info.
what do i do?

o

Sure Kym

Sign me up for this year. I loved the previous years swap.

Paula

o

Sign me up!

Like Dan this is becoming a part of our Christmas tradition.sorting through the lists, making cards, and then racing to the mailbox to see what Santa sent. I am always amazed by the generosity of this community.

o

This is one of the best swaps. When the cards start coming, my days are a lot brighter. Count me in. Thanks Kym.
Debby

o

I'm already seeing wishes I can fill, but I'm going to wait until at least mid-November before I begin putting seeds into envelopes. It's more fun to send 1 seed packet to 50 people than 50 seed packets to 1 person. But then again, I also like to find someone I can just send tons of seeds to...lol! I'll find a happy medium somewhere!
-Dan

o

I would like to join. It was fun last year.
Jasmine

o

HO HO HO!
I look forward to this every year...its actually part of my holiday tradition now :)

I already have my cards, lol!

Please sign me up!
vina

o

I will email my information shortly. Thanks for hosting this again, Kym. I know it is an enormous undertaking.
Alana

o

• Posted by ruthz DFW/TX (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 16:06

Information is sent and my list is posted.
Thank you Kym, for hosting this fun swap again this year.

o

I picked up some adorable cards today, I'm looking forward to helping fill some wishes!

Thanks for hosting, Kym!

o

I loved this swap last year! I almost loved the cards more than the seeds. Is that sacriledge? LOL
This time I'm making my own cards. Wish me luck!
Kym, big thanks for hosting again!

o

Sanya Kym is HERE!

I to love this swap! I always feel good but the Secret Santa Swap just makes me feel better!!!

Kym, I will get the requested info off to you ASAP!!

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Annie

o

I love this swap! I think the only one I have done all year!! Sending info!
Melinda

o

Hooray! I was just wondering about this swap the other day. Time to start organizing my seeds so I can figure out what I have to share! Maybe my little boy can help me with my cards this year(although I think he may be more interested in eating and ripping the cards- he's that age). Good to see so many familiar faces back again!

o

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year, didn't someone post a way to look through all the wishlists for a particular type of seed they had to offer? It made a huge difference in looking through the lists. Anyone remember what I'm talking about?
Dan

o

Some one set it up in a Google document(I think).

It was a great tool and time saver.

Margaret

o

Dan..what we did was use the FIND feature.

You click the CTRL and F, it brings up a search box for you to search the lists.

I am SO happy to see everyone again this year..yotetrapper that is one of the nice things about this swap, you send what you CAN ! No pressure here, it is just a nice way to bring some Holiday Spirit into our friends homes and gardens.

HO! HO! HO!

Santa Kym

o

Kym's memory is much better than mine.

I had my swaps mixed up.

The CTRL and F is great. I learn so many practical things from these swaps.

Margaret

o

Thanks Kym! It was a great way to go through my seeds and find out who wanted what.

o

I am in and I will go send you the email now!

~Randi

o

I don't have a lot of seed to share this year, but I'm going to check and see if I can put together at least a few packets to send. I feel a little bad about the possibility of getting more seed than I send, but I just love this swap so much. I'll see what I can do.

o

Please add me to the swap. I love all holidays and think this will be great fun!!I'll send my info and list in by Friday, Thanks,

Kelly

o

Hi Kym,

I'm in. I was just looking for this Swap so happy you are hosting again.

Margarita10

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 27, 11 at 23:04

Yeahhhhh! I'm in! I love sending out a little Christmas cheer:-) Thanks Kym for hosting this again this year!

Rhonda

o

Hi Kym and all...I'd love to join in the fun again, thank you so much Kym for doing such great job and sharing the enjoyment with us. Going to send at least a few cards and will email you info, be well everyone and see you soon.

Bea

o

Hi Kim,

I'm not sure I understand all the details, but I'd like to join and give this a try. It sounds like so much fun and you all sound like you enjoyed it so much. I'm sending my contact info now.

o

I'm signed up and am enjoying watching the wish lists being added. I am new to this, and don't have a huge variety of seeds, or many unusual varieties, but it looks like there are still seeds I can share.

o

I would love to join again this year! I am already thinking about making cards. Thank you for hosting this Kym!

o

Just wanted to say that, if the thought of making cards is a bit daunting and keeping you out of this swap, the dollar store is a great place to buy Christmas cards, and they're in stock. I like using the smaller ones because they'll fit into the bubblies and the seeds will be safe in transit. I just bought 3 boxes of 20 each for $3, and am ready to start filling wishes. I've been going through the lists and finding good homes for the seeds I have.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!
-Dan

o

Ah, so many lists and so many seeds. I have to get to the $ store to pick up some cards and get started. Otherwise, I am going to be swamped doing up cards at the end of the month.

This is such a great swap. You can tell by the number of members signed up that it is a popular one.

Thanks for the "FIND" feature advice too. Margo

o

Kym,
I have a question about how this swap works. Do we mail our seeds to you or do you send us the addresses of the people to whom we want to send seeds?

Thanks,
Susan.

o

Hi Kym,

I don't know if I have much of a wish list but I would love to be able to send out some cards...Please sign me up.

Lisa

o

Hi everyone! I'm glad to be joining the seed swap again. Last year was my first year...my user name was Darlyn58. Using that name was not allowing me to post follow ups, though, so I had to create a new account..Rudolph25, lol This swap is so much fun, that I didn't want a little technicality to stop me!! Kym..I will be emailing you with my new information!

o

Getting excited! Todays goal is to go through everyones list to see whos wishes I can fill. So far so good! Going to take a lunch break and get back to it. Kym, you want an email with who and how many, right?

Randi

o

Lots of flowers on the wish lists! Mine will be mostly vegetables, and I probably won't post it for another week or two, when I have more time.

o

Susan, Kym will be e-mailing us a list with everyone's information. That way we can all write out our cards, insert the seeds, and mail them all out ourselves. That way she doesn't wind up going to the post office with a few thousand envelopes to mail out. Can you imagine? Lol, she'd look like Mrs. Claus hauling in a bag with that many envelopes!

o

Please sign me up,

I have enjoyed this swap every year and can really use a little project to cheer me up this Season! Not sure I will have a lot of cards this year, but will be watching for wishes I can fill

Will send my info along pronto!

Frances

o

sorting my seeds and going through the lists tonight. it feels so cool to find people I can send seeds to!
Dan

o

Thanks!
I'm in!
Susan

o

Welcome Everyone ! I am SO happy to see everyone :)

Susan, as Dan said..After the sign ups are over, you will recieve a list of the addresses by email.

I love the thought of me dragging a Santa sack of cards Dan !!

I have a few questions by email..promise to email everyone back by Friday. I am compiling my lists as I sort them.

For those working on packing seeds, dont forget we still have time for people to sign up ! If you are a procrastinator..PLEASE start at the bottom of the list :)

Do you have a favorite forum ? Feel free to pass the word about the swap, EVERYONE is welcome to join. (If they are in good standing on the site )

HO HO HO !!

Santa Kym

o

I'd like to join :)

I'm happy to see others that are interested in veggies...thats what I have the most seeds of.

I hope I have time to make the cards I have in mind.

It will be such fun to get and give suprise Santa cards!
...now to work on a wish list.

o

What fun, this swap makes Christmas a fun time for me. I'll sign up again.

o

Hi Kym,

Did I send my info correctly????

Lisa

o

Wow, what a nice way to share some holiday spirit. I'd love to participate - hope I can fill some wishes. Margie

o

I spent the day getting caught up on the emails..here is a list of whom I received INFO from.... PLEASE gently let me know, by email, if you did send your info and I dont have it marked on this list !

If your name is listed, I HAVE your info...
* means you posted a wish list.

perkybarb *
aggiebee
Dirtdaddy *
Riley17
dan_the_mailman *
Tl.Graham *
Jaynine *
Yotetrapper
Smitties *
barefootgardner12 GW *
Clc70 *
Pumkingal *
rane_grow *
Flowergirl34 *
Poisondartfrog *
Mchill320 *
Ruthz *
Pseudacris_crucifer *
RedThreadDIY *
gardendad_2k10 *
Onedaylily *
Hibiscusfan
Nancyplants *
Browneyedsusan *
fcoffill
Rudolph25
jas_IL *
habitat_gardener
Ishareflowers
Cardinalwv *
Lois
Keiki
rbrady *
apoppyfield *
Nlb 52 *
Aphroditelaughs *
Margarita10 *
Canyonwind *
Paulan70 *
Kellyk49 *
Lily55rjw *
katkni *
amberroses *
Ilovefarac *
debby_1 *
Appaloosa909
JMT2213
Celeegra
ptp813 *
sassybutterfly_2008 *
Rosemctier *
Graanieb *

NO INFO REC'D BUT POSTED A WISH LIST:
Micyrey *
Yotetrapper *
neohippie *
msirie *

56 WONDERFUL ELVES/SANTAS HAVE SIGNED UP AS OF TODAY !!

PLEASE NOTE: SPECIAL ELF....this JUST means you are willing to send one or two more cards to someone that may not be receiving AFTER the intitial lists are submitted. THANKS to everyone that has offered.

o

Hi Kym would like to participate, please sign me up!

Cindy

o

Welcome Cindy ! It is really nice to see everyone .. I feel like we are a family all getting together for the Holidays :)

Christmas Banner Pictures, Images and Photos

Sign ups are until Nov 18th, so you have till then to post your WISH LISTS, and remember ONE list !! If you have corrections or add-ons, post them on ur regular want/have page.

HO!HO!HO!
~Santa Kym

o
Secret Santa Seed Swap (4th Annual)

Just HOW GOOD do I have to be, Santa Kym? I want to do this.
Heidi

o

I sent you an emailwith the info Kym.

o

This is going to be so much fun, I've already found 12 people that are gonna get something they want! So glad to see some vegi lovers on here!

o

Thanks for posting in the Seed Exchange Forum,Kym. I don't know why I haven't ventured into the Round Robin Forum until now, this is where the action is!

I just printed out the lists so far and went over everyone's lists with a highlighter. It's neat to see trends in people's lists, and it's given me ideas of new plants to check out. This is already turning out to be a lot of fun!

If Grannie Bea is reading this, 'Hi!'

o

I just sent my info - let me know if you didn't get it or if I didn't do it correctly.
I've been looking over the wish lists, and I'm getting ready to post one of my own.
I'm excited to be part of the swap!

o

hello
wow I sent you my info the day I posted my list
I'll try again
michelle

o

Hello again Kym and thank you again, hello everyone, many familiar faces and some I've not seen in a year and it was right in this swap, one of 2 RR's a year for me.
Makes me realize more- only 48 days til Christmas! :)
Going to update my lists in my have and want lists....prefer to look in these anyway- easier to print...enjoy checking the lists....this swaps always brings extra Holiday Cheer!

Hi Pash, glad you joined, besides the obvious there were games , riddles, other fun and prizes, may be some will appear again...it's a best RR around, imho.

Bea

o

Hi! This will be my first time in a round robin swap. I'll send you an email with all the info.

Thanks

o

Hello I would LOVE to join this swap!! Thanks kym for the post on fb to let me know!!! :-)

Thanks,
Heather B

o

I would love to join the swap again.

I love this swap so much!!!

I sent my info to Kym.

Karen

o

This sounds so fun! I would love to join in. Sending my info to Kym.

o

I'd like to join. I sent you my info.

Don

o

Hey Kym,

will be back tonight to send my info and post my wish list.

Kevin

o

I have been having a heck of a time posting. Took me 3 days trying numerous times to get my wish list posted. I think I can get the cards started now.

o

I would love to get in on the swap. This is my first time to do one like this, but it sounds really fun! I just sent you an e-mail with my info. Thanks!

o

WELCOME Everyone !! I have been watching the emails, and promise to post an updated list of all our Elves this weekend :)

Feel free to spread the word about the swap !!

**To anyone NEW to the round robin forum...the thread can onnly hold 150 posts, then I will make a NEW thread, so PLEASE check for thread 2, and so on as the swap gets going. THERE WILL BE GAMES **

HO!HO!HO!
~Santa Kym

o

Hi Kym,

Here is my wish list.

Detroit Dark Red Beet
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cucumber
Bell Peppers
Kabocha Squash
Egg Plant
Little Finger carrot
Onions
Winter Luxury Pumpkin
Howden Biggie Pumpkin
Polar Bear Pumpkin
Genovese Basil
Greek Oregano
Thyme
Sage
Marigolds
Pansies
Calindula
Salvia
California Poppy
Butterfly Bush
Hollyhock
Larkspur
Petunia
Dianthus
Sweet Pea
Mammoth Russian Sunflower
Nasturtiums

That covers my list.Thanks so much Kym for hosting this fun event.

Kevin

o

Hi Kym,

I emailed my sending to list,please let me know if you didn't get it.

Lisa

o

Is it to late to join,had fun last year doing this. Lisa

o

Sounds like fun, I'd like to join.

o

o

Here is Santa's List, she has been checking it twice. PLEASE let me know in an email if I missed something..as my eyes are blurring with all the lists :)

Secret Santa Sign up list

(* means wish list is posted )

perkybarb *
aggie bee*
Dirtdaddy *
Riley17*
dan_the_mailman *
Tl.Graham *
Jaynine *
Smitties *
barefootgardner12 GW *
Clc70 *
Pumkingal *
rane_grow *
Flowergirl34 *
Poisondartfrog *
Mchill320 *
Ruthz *
Pseudacris_crucifer *
RedThreadDIY *
gardendad_2k10 *
Onedaylily *
Hibiscusfan*
Nancyplants *
Browneyedsusan *
jas_IL *
Ishareflowers*
Cardinalwv *
Lois *
Keiki*
rbrady *
apoppyfield *
Nlb 52 *
Aphroditelaughs *
Margarita10 *
Canyonwind *
Paulan70 *
Kellyk49 *
Lily55rjw *
katkni *
amberroses *
Ilovefarac *
debby_1 *
ptp813 *
sassybutterfly_2008 *
Rosemctier *
Graanieb *
Micyrey *
Neo hippie *
alwaysagardener*
Lekennedy4*
Xiangirl*
Pash*
Rqeversole*
Puffie*
Knufflebunnyfarmer*
Lexigurl*
Risinsun*
Raisedbedgardener*
Karendee*
Dem_pa*
comfrey comfort*
salsa canner*
Dbannie04 *
Daveedgeguitar *
wonder weasel *
klorentz *
Yotetrapper*
Rudolph25 *
habitat_gardener*
Neo hippie*

NO WISH LIST POSTED :

fcoffill
Appaloosa909
JMT2213
Celeegra
Farmsteward
Dwouster
Txnurse
Jcp13
Flowergirl77
Sky2009
kasha

NO EMAIL:
Yotetrapper *
msirie *
Habitat_gardener*
Kasha
Sky2009
Lisa831
TraceyOKC

I MUST have your mailing info by Nov 18th, and your wish list MUST be posted by then. NO LATE INFO will be accepted !

o

Send you a e-mail with address, had a great time last year. Lisa

o

Kym, I sent my info on Oct. 31. Since you didn't receive it, I sent it again. If you still don't have it, let me know.

o

I'd like to participate. This is my 1st seed swap.

Corrine

o

Hey Kym. You have me on the right list, except my username is spelled lexiegurl. You forgot the second 'e'. Thanks! :)

o

Hey Kym, sent my info once, but see you didn't get it... just sent it again.

o

I knew there was a reason I was obsessively collecting more seeds than I could ever use! Thank you, Kym, for organizing this swap.

The cards I send out will easily be the gifts I'm most excited to give this season. True Christmas spirit. Love it.

o

Sign me up for this swap.
I am ready to begin exchanging seeds and things again.
Faye!

o

I love this swap. My wish list has been posted.

Now I am making a list of cards to send and Molly is checking it twice. You better be good!

Margaret

o

Hi everyone!

I have made an excel spreadsheet of everyone's wish lists and am happy to share! Just send me an email with your email and I'll send it to you when the deadline for signing up is over.

This way, you can use the CTRL + F function and highlight any seeds that you have. It's a lot easier this way, trust me!

Super excited to get this going! :)

o

Please sign me up.

o

Kym! I emailed youi twice, today! Our old cumputer bought the big one and only yesterday were we able to procure a new machine. - Count me in, count me in, count me in!

Cryptid

o

I've sent you my info and posted a list. Thanks!

o

Here is a list of all the SANTAS/ELVES : ( people who signed up )

PLEASE CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS LISTED HERE !!
( If it is, I have your mailing info)

perkybarb
aggie bee
Dirtdaddy
Riley17
dan_the_mailman
Tl.Graham
Jaynine
Smitties
barefootgardner12 GW
Clc70
Pumkingal
rane_grow
Flowergirl34
Poisondartfrog
Mchill320
Ruthz
Pseudacris_crucifer
RedThreadDIY
gardendad_2k10
Onedaylily
Hibiscusfan
Nancyplants
Browneyedsusan
jas_IL
Ishareflowers
Cardinalwv
Lois
Keiki
rbrady
apoppyfield
Nlb 52
Aphroditelaughs
Margarita10
Canyonwind
Paulan70
Kellyk49
Lily55rjw
katkni
amberroses
Ilovefarac
debby_1
ptp813
sassybutterfly_2008
Rosemctier
Graanieb
Micyrey
Neo hippie
alwaysagardener
Lekennedy4
Xiangirl
Pash
Rqeversole
Puffie
Knufflebunnyfarmer
Lexiegurl
Risinsun
Raisedbedgardener
Karendee
Dem_pa
comfrey comfort
salsa canner
Dbannie04
Daveedgeguitar
wonder weasel
klorentz
Yotetrapper
Rudolph25
habitat_gardener
Neo hippie
Audrey
Cryptid
Retsec
Molly_and_me
Nottougly
Yotetrapper
Corrine1
Amoeba-meba
Dwouster
Farmsteward
JMT2213
Appaloosa909
fcoffill

NO MAILING ADDRESS:

msirie
Lisa831
TraceyOKC
Celeegra
Txnurse
Jcp13

To the five listed that I dont have addresses for..please send them ASAP. ( I apologize if I didnt receive it, I double checked all my emails )

*****IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ******

*NOW...you should be going thru all the WISH lists.

*Make a list of screen names ONLY, and mail to me BEFORE Dec 1st.( sooner the better)

***EVERYONE MUST EMAIL ME A LIST OF WHOM YOUR MAILING TO !!(If your the one or two newbies you MUST just sent a message saying your a newbie)

PLEASE...always put your screen name when EMAILING to me !

*Address email will go to everyone soon ( I will let you know when it has been sent)

***EVERYONE WILL BE GIVEN A CERTAIN WEEK TO MAIL YOUR CARDS, TO TRY AND SPREAD OUT THE FUN DURING THE MONTH *******

We ALL are Santas/Elves...a "SPECIAL Elf" was one that would send AFTER initial lists were sent in..to one or two more people to help ensure that everyone receives.

***EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THEIR WISH LIST IS POSTED AND ADDRESS SENT TO ME BEFORE MIDNITE TONITE***

o

sji1981 ....I missed you on the list, have your info !

Santa is double, and triple checking her list, but I DO make mistakes.....PLEASE email me if I have missed you !

Santa Kym

o
missing wish lists

MISSING WISH LISTS :

Cryptid
JMT2213
appaloosa909
fcofill
TraceyOKC
Celeegra
Txnurse
Jcp13
msirie

From my glancing over the lists, it looks like this is who still is in NEED of posting a WISH LIST.

You have till MIDNIGHT tonite...Hope everyone gets them posted !!

o

Send mail address to you.

Happy Holiday Everyone

o

Kym, I made it on 1 of your updated lists but not all of them! Since I am a newbie I would love to receive any seeds veggie or flower! I will post that on the wish list thread!! :-)

o

I'm wondering, as we've done it before here...if anyone wants to share some quick riddles, funnies or recipes?

Thank you Santa Kym....It's beginning to look more like Christmas...already. :)

Graanieb

o

Kym, you haven't mailed out the address list yet, have you? Not trying to add any pressure, just don't want to miss getting it.
HAVE YOURSELF A GOOD WEEKEND, M'DEAR!!!

o

Nope, havent mailed...expect it on Monday ;) ( May be sooner but Im double checking all the info first)

I will always post here saying that the info has been mailed.

Would everyone PLEASE check this list ( not for spelling errors) just to make sure I have your address !! TY

perkybarb
aggiebee
DirtDaddy
Riley17
dan_the_mailman
Tl.Graham
jaynine
Yotetrapper
Smitties
barefootgardner12
clc70
Pumkingal
rane_grow
flowergirl34
poisondartfrog
mchill320
ruthz
Pseudacris_crucifer
RedThreadDIY
gardendad_2k10
Onedaylily
Hibiscusfan
Nancyplants
Browneyedsusan
fcoffill
Rudolph25
jas_IL
habitat_gardener
Ishareflowers
cardinalwv
Lois
Keiki
rbrady
Graanieb
apoppyfield
Nlb 52
Aphroditelaughs
margarita10
canyonwind
Paulan70
Kellyk49
lily55rjw
katkni
amberroses
ilovefarac
debby_1
Appaloosa909
JMT2213
Celeegra
ptp813
sassybutterfly_2008
Rosemctier
KLorentz
Wonder Weasel
Dbannie04
Salsa Canner
ComfreyComfort
dem_pa
KARENDEE
flowergirl77
daveedgeguitar
raisedbedgardener
risinsun
Farmsteward
lexiegurl
micyrey
DWouster
KnuffleBunnyFarmer
Puffie
Rqeversole
Pash
xiangirl
Neohippie
Lekennedy4
alwaysagarden
Audrey
Cryptid
retsec
molly_and_me
nottougly
Yotetrapper
Corrine1
amoeba-meba
sji1981
herbal
cashclan
Rick_in_VA
Lisa831
Pinusresinosa

89 Santas/elves

Once I DO email the addresses, PLEASE FIRST thing you need to do is CHECK your address for any errors.

o

Emails with addresses HAVE been mailed !!

IF YOU DIDNT get an email PLEASE EMAIL ME ( dont post here ) I had two emails bounce back to me.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE DATES YOU WERE ASKED TO MAIL IN THE EMAIL... this will spread out the fun all month long.

o
reminder

WHEN mailing me lists of WHOM you mailed to PLEASE put YOUR screen name IN the email !! ALso, just send me a list of screen names, it will make my life alot easier THANKS !

Bea, I promise to start up some games, always wait till after sign ups But it would be FUN if everyone would post a joke/riddle or a treasured recipe.

I am making Christmas Angels this year..If you would like to see them click on the blue link

Here is a link that might be useful: Kyms Angels

o

I'm sooooo happy to be here again!!

Sorry my Wish List went way beyond 30,...I was going to edit the tomato list, in particular, but I was also down to the midnight hour by only a very few minutes and so I just kinda panicked-out and posted my list as it was. - Would've signed-on here and posted a lot sooner, but a while back our 4-year-old Presario-700 notebook bit-the-big-one and it wasn't only until very recently we were able to acquire a new machine (thank God for Carbonite). Then,...there've been other things going on, here, that have been energy draining to the point that one of the last things I felt like doing was to go online. For one thing, nearly 3 months ago my wife, Elly, was diagnosed with uterine cancer and, at one point, nearly bled to death due to a non-stop "period". Since then, she's had a total hysterectomy and we were assured "they got it all". Even so, Elly has endured 4 preventive radiation treatments to hopefully insure nothing nasty comes back. I've never been so scared in my entire life! I totally believe, though, that if I hadn't prayed everyday (as I always do), and if not for the prayers of others, things likely could have been a whole lot worse. - Also, Elly's 90 year old father passed away at the end of April, and two of our neighbor friends passed-on as well. - Anyway,...now, Elly and I are definitely looking forward to this year's SSSS (our absolute fave, as always)!! All I gotta do now is pick out who I'll be sending to, then make the cards-n-envelopes and get more stamps,...oh, and coffee, definitely gonna need more coffee! :)

o

Kym - those angels are adorable! I could never make anything as nice as that!

o

Kym, I absolutely loved the angels! Do they take long to make? I loved the variety!!

o

redthreadiy and tl.graham I appreciate the kind words !

They take me just about an hour to make, and they actually look nicer in person. It gives me something to enjoy :)

Cryptid, so sorry to hear your year has been hard. May the new year bring blessings to you and Elly !

Why does Santa have three gardens ? So he can Hoe Hoe Hoe

Santa Stats

There are currently 78 people named S. Claus
living in the U.S. -- and one Kriss Kringle.
(You gotta wonder about that one kid's parents)

December is the most popular month for nose jobs.

Weight of Santa's sleigh loaded with one Beanie Baby
for every kid on earth: 333,333 tons.

Number of reindeer required to pull a 333,333-ton s
sleigh: 214,206 -- plus Rudolph.

Average wage of a mall Santa: $11 an hour.
With real beard: $20.

To deliver his gifts in one night, Santa would have to
make 822.6 visits per second, sleighing at 3,000 times
the speed of sound.

At that speed, Santa and his reindeer would burst into flame
instantaneously.

o

Good thing Santa's loaded with Christmas magic, eh kids?! :)

o

I like how the bearded santas get more $$

o

Ok, here is a recipe that I have used for years! Loving homemade rolls and bread, but not liking all the kneading that goes with it! This recipe is from my grandmother and has been used 100's of times. Perfect to keep in refrigerator and only use when you just want a few rolls nightly or all at one time! I've kept it over a week and used as needed!

NEVER FAIL ROLLS

1 cup boiling water
1 cup shortening (Crisco, etc.)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tblspoons salt
Mix together until all dissolved. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile dissolve 2 pkgs. dry yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm water.
When first mixture is cooled, add yeast and 2 eggs beaten. Then add another cup of lukewarm water.
Slowly add 7 cups of flour and beat well.
Place in covered bowl and refrigerate.When ready to use, make balls and place in muffin tins or baking pans. Allow to rise 2 1/2 to 3 hours (if using fast rising will be sooner). Bake 450 degrees until brown and done.
Keep in refrigerator until needed. Punch dough down daily.

These are very good and easy! Great after work to make a few when get home and have hot rolls with evening meals!
Enjoy!

Melinda

o

Melinda, no fair, your rolls recipe sounds so good Elly & I want some right now!! :) I have a question, though: Might the recipe work as well using butter instead of shortening?

Here's a recipe for stuffed celery my dad always used to make for Thanksgiving, taken from Meta Given's Modern Encyclopedia of Cooking (c)1955, Volume 1, page 208.

Blend cream cheese with 1/4 to 1/2 as much Roquefort or Blue cheese (Dad always used Blue), season with salt, paprika, lemon juice and Worcestershire. - That's basically it, then just slap it on some celery ribs like you would peanut butter. It was always a hit. I've made it a few times, but I probably won't this year as we have an over-supply of peanut butter. ;)

Darrin

o

Darrin, not sure about using butter, but I would think it would work. I was wondering that myself! It works pretty much the same way. I have a big bowl in refrigerator right now that is almost to the top and just made this afternoon. They are good!
The celery sticks sound fabulous! Love everything in it. Will definitely have to try them!
If you try it with butter, let me know! I may do that next batch!
Melinda

o

I just picked up my cards to send along with seeds. Both Target and Wal-Mart have 32 cards for $3. AMAZING deal!

o

Yeah, -LOL- I loved that cheesy stuffed celery even when I was a little kiddle, and I was kind of a fussy eater. Used to sneek one or two extra off the serving platter, sometimes, when Mom wasn't looking. She knew, though. :)

Oh, and I have another question. In your recipe is it really 2 "Tablespoons" of salt? I mean I realize it's 7 cups of flour, but,...?

o

ilovefarac, how many rolls will your recipe make. I'm needing an easy one to make for Thanksgiving. Haven't made yeast rolls since high school home economics class. That wasn't yesterday.

o

I just got done mixing up the roll dough. Is it normal for it to be a bit sticky?
PS Thanks for posting...I was looking for an easy recipe for rolls & I love trying new ones.

o

Yes, the recipe does call for 2 tablespoons of salt! And yes,it is a little sticky! But it is good!
Yes, I am sure I will love the celery sticks! Sounds great!
I hope that all has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I know that I am thankful for so many things this year! Esp. surviving my cancer thus far! So glad to wake up every morning!
And Darrin, I hope that you and your wife also have a much better year than this past one. To all the others who have so much trial in their lives, just keep the faith! It is all that kept me going for quite a while and continues to do so daily!
Once you are down, their is only one way up!
Have a great day! Hugs to all and Happy Thanksgiving! Melinda

o

Happy Thanksgiving Kym, Melinda and all...it's almost here, can't you smell the aromas from the kitchens? :)
Been preparing food and making side dishes so there is only turkey and baked potatoes to do in the morning, only one oven and got the improvise, dd and sil are coming over, she'll do the clean ups, sure am thankful.
Kym... sorry if I seem to be rushing with my suggestions, forgot you'd do it after all signed in but knew it was coming up soon, smile.
So sorry to hear of your struggles Melinda....Darrin and all others, glad you are keeping faith and hope that all speeds up improving.
NEVER FAIL ROLLS look yummy, wish I could eat them, used to think myself wonder woman, ha...esp have to stay away from sugar.
Darrin, celery sticks look good, reminds me to pick my celery, it's truly best ever, got 2 plants at Farmer's market 2 yrs ago and saved seeds, have 2 big ones and few babies now. I think seeds dont need to be covered when planted, same as basil and some other seeds. Getting my lemon and thai basil picked in the morning to stuff in turkey along with lots of garlic.
See you all soon....take care and enjoy. HUGS.

Bea

Happy Thanksgiving.

o

Retsec, I have never made them all at one time. Since it's just me and occasionally another person, I would do a few at a time. I am going to make them all today for tomorrow to take to my sisters. I would say they make at least 3 dozen or more. Wish I had a better answer, but the reason I loved them so much was they stayed for week or so and I took out the amount I wanted.
Melinda

o

Oh Kym
Your angels are just beautiful,,love them,, good ideas too thanks for sharing
Happy Thanks Giving to you all
Lisa

o

Kym, meant to tell you those are some beautiful angels!

Just made double recipe brownies, tasty and moist...next is curry rice then I'm out of the kitchen til morning.

HEALTHY BROWNIES

All ingredients in approximate amounts:

3 eggwhites ( or all or part whole eggs, I often use 2 eggwhites and 1 egg)
1/2 c each brown sugar or/ and honey -to taste
3-4 T Truvia or Splenda ( or use either sweetener alone or in combination to taste)
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
2 ripe bananas , mashed
2 T vegetable oil or unsalted butter/ Smart Balance,softened- opt
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa -use more if you like more chocolate
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 t almond- opt
1 - 1/4 c flour -all purpose or whole wheat or combined
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 c chopped walnuts or other nuts- more or omit

In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and cocoa.
In a larger bowl, beat whites slightly ( foamy) , add sweeteners, applesauce and mashed bananas, mix til combined.
Stir in flour mixture and flavorings, mix thoroughly; fold in nuts.
Spoon mixture into foil-lined and lightly greased and floured 10 in square baking pan.
Bake at 350 deg about 20 minutes or until tested done.
Remove from oven and cut into desired size squares.

( Good alone or topped with cream cheese and cool whip lite blend, for one suggestion.)

Variation: Blend Peanut Butter ( I like crunchy) with part of the batter and transfer into one side of pan before baking...or spoon into batter in pan and swirl.

o

A fun candy to have ingredients on hand & pull out when you have a group of people hanging out together. When my kids were younger their friends loved to make this & take some home to their family. Of course, eating mistakes is part of the fun!

Christmas Pretzel Reindeer Recipe
*fun for kids of all ages to make & eat!

You will need:

Pretzels (2 inch size work better than the ones that are dollar coin size.)
Melted White Chocolate/vanilla almond bark (your glue)
M and Ms
Whole Almonds

To make a reindeer:
1. Melt some white chocolate according to directions on the package
2. Lay the pretzel on a sheet of parchment paper
3. Fill the three pretzel holes with white chocolate using a teaspoon.
4. Place matching M and Ms in the two smaller holes for eyes setting on white chocolate.
5. Place a red M and M just below the eyes, in the larger space, for the nose.
6. Put almonds for ears above the eyes and a little to the outside
7. Break pretzels to form antlers and set then between the ears.

Let it set up & store in an airtight container.

I couldn't find a photo of it this morning, but found one on someone's blog. The angle of the antlers make each one slightly different.

Here is a link that might be useful: photo of reindeer treats

o

CURRY RICE

1 1/2 c basmati/jasmine or other fav. rice, uncooked
4 c chicken broth, healthy
1 pkt Lipton Onion Soup
2 T chopped dried onion -opt
1 T curry powder, or to taste
3 T unsalted butter or Smart Balance, sliced

Combine all in ab 2 quart microwave-safe dish or reg. baking dish or saucepot, cover and cook on high/ medium ab. 30 min in microwave, ab. 40 on stove top-stirring ocassionally or ab. 1 hour in conventional oven, when done, stir once and let rest few minutes before serving.
Opt- add peas or other vegetable about half way thru or at appropriate time during cooking. Sprinkle with sliced, toasted almonds before servings. Makes ab. 5 side dishes.

o

o

Sorry about the blank previous,...I'm really not sure how that actually happened.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!! :)

o

ilovefarac's rolls are delicious. Made a batch yesterday and cooked 6. I ate 3 for supper. Have the rest rising to take for Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's. Very easy to make also. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone.

o

I'm about to make one of my favorite lil holiday treats. And the best parts is....its SO simple.

Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Spice cake mix
can of pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
Stir.
At this point you can add whatever you like:
mini chocolate chips,
chopped nuts,
craisins,
etc

The batter will be thick. Place in greased mini cupcake pans-2/3rds full.
Bake 18-22 min at 350 degrees

They are moist, tasty little morsels.

~*~Happy Thanksgiving Everyone~*~

o

Happy Thanksgiving Nancy and everyone again...thank you for being friends and for the Mini Pumpkin Muffins recipe, will have to try it soon, looks simple and good.

Watching Macy's Parade ( thanks Kym for the reminder) , good entertainment adds spark to cooking and all.

Thankful for dd Mary and hubby Stephen, about to get here.
Bea

o

Just wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY Thanksgiving, why is it I always feel stuffed like the turkey ?

Thanks SO much for the kind words on the Angels. I will be adding NEW Angels to the photo Album tomorrow :)

I will be spending some of my weekend recording the emails..I will start to send a list around sometime after the 1st to those that offered to help. ( Which I appreciate)

PLEASE, remember ...DO NOT Mail early..please go by the sending schedule. If you didnt receive the email with the address info PLEASE let me know by EMAIL :)

I hope you ALL had a wonderful day !

o

Nancy, one of my mail customers makes those for me at both Halloween and Thanksgiving, and boy are they yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe.
Dan

o

Just got home from the first of 3 Thanksgiving celebrations. My favorite part: getting to give my 20 month old grandson a bath this evening...awww, such a lil sweetheart :)

The muffin recipe made 5 dozen and they are ALL gone...haha

I hope you all had a wonderful day!

o

I am LOVING all the recipes, my daughter is excited to try the rolls Melinda, THANKS ! I hope there is more to come :)

Last year I shared the recipe for OREO BALLS ( cookies) would anyone be interested for me to repost ?

I would LOVE to see cookie recipes that you love..I bake with my kids and then have them make a list of people that made a difference in their lives the past year. We make cookie trays and send as a thank you.

Ok I am off to count the day away :) We are at the END of this thread, so PLEASE click on this link..and join us on on the next 150 posts for GAMES, Recipes, Jokes, AND FUN recieving and sharing our Cards.

DO NOT MAIL BEFORE DEC 1ST. AND CHECK YOUR ADDRESS EMAILS FOR DATES TO MAIL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Santa swap continued here

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here