Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: November's Beans, beans, beans swap

Posted by mchill320 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 15:09

Hi Everyone. It's time for the Beans, Beans, Beans swap.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to join this swap.

Here are the rules:

This swap is beans only.
You will receive the same amount of seed packets that you send in so if you send in 50 packs you will receive 50 packs back, unless you indicate that you would like to give away some packs.

Send in no more than 100 packs; this ensures that you get different beans than the ones you sent in. Because last year someone sent in over a 100 packs and they received most of their packs back. Do not send more than 5 packs of the same variety, or will get the multiples sent back to you. Please put 10-16 seeds in each pack. A smaller amount for rare varieties is ok. You can send in extras if you would like so I have a variety of beans to send out to everyone.

Please send only viable beans, beans from the grocery store will not sprout.

Feel free to send in commercial beans and/or beans harvested from your own garden. Just please indicate if they are commercial or garden harvested on your packet and please include the year they were harvested. If you just harvested your, please allow them to dry so they don't mold while in the package.

Please send beans that are no older than 2 years! No bean mixes.

Send your beans in a bubble envelope. However much it takes to send them in, please include that same amount in your package for its return. If you do not give me enough postage I will send you an email telling you to send me more postage. Also include if you can an address label, it is not required it just makes it easier for me to get your package back to you. Please include a list of what you are sending; this just helps me make sure that you don't get back what you sent in. Please put a wish list in your package so I can get you the Beans you would like.

If you are sending them in a bubble envelope, please make sure that the envelope is strong enough to protect the beans coming in and going out. I will reuse the same box/envelope that you sent your beans in to save you money.

I will hold sign ups for 2-3 weeks. Sign ups will end on November 10th. Please send in your seeds as soon as you can, so I can get them out to you quickly. Please send them in by November 20th. You will receive your seeds 2-3 weeks after November 20th.

Send me an email as soon as you can so I can email you my address. Send your email to michelle320ch@gmail.com, I set up this email just for this swap. Please include your screen name in the email.
If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

Thank You!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: November's Beans, beans, beans swap

I would like to join your bean swap. They are one of my favorite veggies! Rec'd your mailing address - thank you.

o

Ooh, I would like to join this one too! I don't have very many varieties yet, but beans are what got me started on heirlooms.

o

Please count me in. I'll email you shortly.

o

Add me to the list.

Don

o

Yea for bean trade time, count me in!! Will send an email

Thank you so much for hosting this swap :)

o

Please add me to the list, thank you!

Jayeanne

o

Please add me. Will email my info. .thanks

Missy

o

This sounds like fun!

Now, just for clarity, what do you consider a "bean"? lol

I assume "common" beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) are ok, and it doesn't matter if they're bush, half-runner or pole; snap, shellie or dry.

But what about:

Tepary (P. acutifolius)
Runner (P. coccineus)
Lima (P. lunatus)
Cowpea (Vigna unguiculata)

I don't want to send in the wrong thing!

Thanks

Rick

o

Rick, all of those are fine.

So far we have:
midwestfarmwife
mermaidinthegarden
crystalline_ca
dem_pa
BeesNees
pinkiris
MissyGA64

o

I would like to join, please.

o

Count me in!

o

remember to send me an email so i can send you my address.
i still need emails from:
dem_pa
pinkiris
johnboyjim

Thanks

o

I sent you an email, hope you got it.

thanks!

o

today i got a package from:
travis

o

I would like to participate again; sent you an email.

Thanks so much for taking this on again!

spacetogrow

o

I would like to be included.....I just love beans. I will send you a PM.

Thanks

Karen

o

I would like to join this trade as well. I only have a few varieties though. Sending an email -- Thanks!

o

here is who we have:

Midwestfarmwife (mary)
Wildmantrav (travis) received
Mermaidinthegarden (Miriam)
Crystalline_ca
MissyGA64 (missy)
BeesNees (bea) received
Pinkiris (jayeanne)
Dem_pa
Spacetogrow (chris)
forgetmenot_Orlando (Karen)
ForeverRecycleReuse (Jessica)

o

Mailed mine this morning.

I planted "Will Rogers" zinnias between my pole bean varieties this year.

o

I'd love to join this swap. : ) Sending you an e-mail.

o

Mailed my package today. Thanks -- Jessica

o

Ok here is my list so far:
Midwestfarmwife (mary)
Wildmantrav (travis) received
Crystalline_ca
MissyGA64 (missy)
BeesNees (bea) received
Pinkiris (jayeanne)
Dem_pa
Spacetogrow (chris)
forgetmenot_Orlando (Karen)
ForeverRecycleReuse (Jessica)
Gary Fitzgerald
Em247 (Emily)
Sorellina (jules)
GreatLord (Etienne)

Just a reminder: Please post here before you send me an email. It helps me keep track of all the participants.

o

Just letting you know that I have mailed in my package to you today. I enclosed 21 packages of beans, a return sticker and three dollars of postage, so I should be covered. I am really looking forward to this swap, as I really love growing and eating beans.
Thanks,

Karen

o

Count me in.

E-mail on the way.

Rick

o

Almost missed it! Thanks, Gary, for the reminder. I'm in!

o

Here is an update:

Midwestfarmwife (mary)
Wildmantrav (travis) *
Crystalline_ca
MissyGA64 (missy)
BeesNees (bea) *
Pinkiris (jayeanne) *
Dem_pa
Spacetogrow (chris)
forgetmenot_Orlando (Karen) *
ForeverRecycleReuse (Jessica) *
Gary Fitzgerald
Em247 (Emily) *
Sorellina (jules)
GreatLord (Etienne)
Yorktown (patty)
Divina3315 (elise) *
Rdback (rick)
Habitat_gardener

* means i have received your package.

o

beans went out and tracking says you should have it on tues.

o

Thank you for hosting.
My package went in the mail this morning from Kentucky.

o

I'm new but I hace some beans ill love share I'm not familiar with any of the mentioned seeds but I'll like to grow them anyway. I would like anything of purple color :) I don't have many cool ones but I have pigeon peas and cranberry bean. (Just looked up "true red cranberry bean" beatiful things would love to eat those. Count me in ill send some of what I got I got lima beans too I'm excited first swap that I can send something :)

o

My 60 packs went in the mail today.

o

o

Update!
Midwestfarmwife (mary)
Wildmantrav (travis) *
Crystalline_ca *
MissyGA64 (missy) *
BeesNees (bea) *
Pinkiris (jayeanne) *
Dem_pa *
Spacetogrow (chris)
forgetmenot_Orlando (Karen) *
ForeverRecycleReuse (Jessica) *
Gary Fitzgerald
Em247 (Emily) *
Sorellina (jules)
GreatLord (Etienne) *
Yorktown (patty)
Divina3315 (elise) *
Rdback (rick)
Habitat_gardner (Tanya)
Yeli0507
Johnboyjjm (James) * Need a wish list.

* means i have your package.

o

Would like to receive if you have extras to donate. Thanks

o

Well POOH,,,,I missed this.......:(

o

I'm sending my package today and will e-mail my wish list and sent list.

o

Me too if you have extra I would loveeeee that

o

I have all packages. I will put them together and send them out as soon as possible.

o

awww im excited!!!!!!

o

Hi Mcchill320,

Can you please tell us the status on the beans? I hope you are doing well and enjoying the holiday season.
Thanks

Karen

o

I am in the process of putting packages together and i will send them out as soon as possible.

o

I will start sending out packages tomorrow. I will have all packages out to you by Christmas. Sorry for the delay, finals at school took a lot more of my time then i expected.
Thanks for being patient.

o

mcchill320,

Thanks for the heads up, I hope your finals went well, no
worries. I am looking forward to my beans. Have a wonderful holiday and happy new year.

Karen

o

Finals are killer. . . trusting you did well.

Hope your holidays are wonderful.

Missy

o

I got my beans in the mail yesterday, what a nice selection! I just wanted to thank mchill320 for hosting the swap and everyone else who participated, I'm really looking forward to next years garden season!

o

I received my beans today. What a great variety and many that I had asked for, mchill320 you did a great job of hosting this wonderful swap. I am looking forward to the next one. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and happy gardening 2014!!

o

Were the bean seeds mailed? It looks like only two people received their packages.

o

I'm curious as to if the beans were mailed out too please.

o

I too have not rec'd my package....have they been mailed? thanks for the update =)

o

I got my beans just prior to Christmas, if you have not received yours, you need to check with the person who started this swap. It sounds from her email that all went, but I can only speak for myself .
Karen

o

I also have not received my seeds. Curious if all have been mailed and if there is a tracking #.

o

I sent mchill an email. I wrote this:

"Several people are questioning getting the bean swap on GW. It seems that a couple people got packages before Christmas, but many people have not heard anything nor gotten a bean package in the mail.

Could you please let us all know what is going on with the packages please?

Thank you :)

Bea"

I hope no one objects to what I have sent the host.

o

That sounds reasonable. I haven't gotten mine either, but I wasn't sure if it was because they hadn't been mailed yet, or if the mail was delayed with the holidays.

o

Yes, several of us are wondering. I sent in 60 packs.

o

I received my beans, probably a week before christmas. I was out of town and dont know exactly when they arrived. I thought I posted a thank you then.

o

Ditto what MissyGA64 said.

o

I am so sorry for the delay. i will get all packages out this week. I will not host again next year because i did not get them out on time this swap.

o

Thanks for letting us know whats going on mchill, glad you got through the holiday season ok :) I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think you should decide now not to host again in the future. Delays happen, especially with finals and the holidays. It's just good to know what's going on when delays happen.

o

Packages away. Tomorrow I will mail out the last three packages. Again I am sorry for the very long wait. Thank you so much for your patience. I hope everyone enjoys their new seeds.

o

I received my package yesterday -- Thank you!

o

I received my beans today. Thanks for all of your hard work hosting and for the great selection of seeds. I was short a package from the number I sent in, but hopefully it went to a good home that will plant them and appreciate their beaniness. : ).

o

Squee with joy, my hubby just brought in the mail. I barely took a moment to open the envelope and pour out the contents before hopping onto GW to say yay!

Thank you so much mchill for hosting this swap. Just at first glance I'm seeing colors and names I know I will be well pleased to grow :)

o

I received my envelope with my seeds today. Thanks to our hostess and all who shared their seeds with me.

o

I was so excited to see the bubble envelope in the mail today, but when I picked it up, it seemed lightweight and flat for an envelope full of beans. I looked more closely and the end was already wide open, nothing left inside but my list. :-( I guess I will be contacting my post office, though it probably wont do any good. A year ago an envelope with tomato seeds was open when I got it and missing some seed baggies. Never did get them back.... You would think if they found a package was damaged and opened, with the contents spilling out, they would tape it up.

o

i am sorry to hear about your package. when i sent it i made sure it was taped very well.

o

I rec'd my package today, thank you everyone for sharing! Very happy with the great selection.

o

Mermaidinthegarden said:

"Ooh, I would like to join this one too! I don't have very many varieties yet, but beans are what got me started on heirlooms."

and

"I was so excited to see the bubble envelope in the mail today, but .... nothing left inside but my list. :-("

Now that there is a damn shame, as they say. I would be more than happy to share some of my bounty from this swap. Mchill320 did an awesome job, and it will be years before I could grow them all.

If interested, send me your mailing info (and your wish list, if you want) and I'll see what I can do.

Rick

This post was edited by rdback on Mon, Jan 13, 14 at 15:57

o

My package got to me safely. Thank you to Michelle, and all who participated.

o

Thanks Rick, Michelle, and others who offered to send me some seeds. What a generous group of people! My coworker works at the local post office and I told her what happened, so she just texted me the phone number for lost packages. She said when things fall out of packages they are cataloged and sent to a main office, and that there is a chance I would be able to get them back. So I will call and see what they can do. *fingers crossed* I know everyone worked hard sending in their seeds and Michelle worked hard distributing them, and would be a shame for that to be wasted. Lets see what the good ol' USPS can do.

o

I am still waiting on mine. Maybe they will arrive in today's mail.

o

My beans arrived yesterday. It made my day! Thank you so much to everyone who participated and to our hostess for all her work. I received many nice varieties, including some I haven't heard of. I will really enjoy researching the new ones and can't wait to plant (and eat) them this summer.

o

Mine came in yesterday. Just enough new ones to keep me very busy, but not over busy, this year.

I'm thinking about being the host next fall.

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here