Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazyweeder

NEW: Lazyweeder's Wish List Swap info

lazyweeder
16 years ago

I thought I should post a message in case some of you were looking for my Wish List Swap this fall. On Aug 13th a nasty hail storm hit my home. My garden was completely shredded. It was damaged bad enough that I had to cancel a plant swap/tour scheduled for my home in Sept. I lost all my flowers and ended up with only a few seed heads this fall. Most of the plants should be good as new next year...I hope.lol.

Seeing as I usually add a bunch of my own seeds to the swap I decided not to do it this year. I do plan on having it again next year.

Happy Gardening!

Dave

Comments (9)

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

So sorry to hear that your plants were damaged so badly. I was in your swap last year and it was great! Hope to be in it next year and let's hope you have a good garden year then. We (SC) have suffered from heat and drought all year here, so not a good year for us either.

• shimla
    16 years ago

Oh, I'm going to miss your swap this year! I'm sorry to hear about your garden. It must have been heartbreaking. I had a tree taken down and it demolished one of my beds this year so I have an idea of what it must have looked like after the storm. Do keep us posted and give a shout-out if you need any replacement plants. I'd be happy to send a package your way in the spring.

I had a wonderful suprise this year in my garden. I received some bonus bulbs from the last swap I played in. They arrived with a note to plant them right away. It was getting cold here and I rushed out to plant them that night and promptly forgot about them. Then this year, out of nowhere, up comes a mass of lovely, tiny white flowers. It was a real treat!

• drippy
    16 years ago

Dave, I think you deserve a break anyway, although I wish it had been under less miserable circumstances. I know your garden will bounce back, but still - it's disappointing when you put all that work into it and it gets knocked down in a day. This would have been the year for Wish List FIVE - I think you qualify for sabbatical!

So, what's your wish list? Your "old friends" may have some of the things you're looking for!

Best wishes,

Kim

• Aurore
    16 years ago

Sorry to hear about your garden. I enjoyed the swap last year and have been keeping an eye out for it, but then I have way too many seeds as it is. Do you have a wish list to help replenish your garden? Aurore

• lazyweeder
    Original Author
    16 years ago

About this time I'm usually up to my eyeballs in seed packets sorting, sorting, sorting. Thanks for permission to take a sabbatical I was feeling a little guilty.

I'm glad those bonus bulbs worked out. I was a little concerned they wouldn't get there in time. I had a few nice surprises from those bulbs earlier this summer too.

"So, what's your wish list? Your "old friends" may have some of the things you're looking for!"

I'm sure you do! Probably have seeds I don't know about that I should be looking for too. lol.

Look for #5 around Oct 1st next year I plan on making it extra special.

• kilngod
    16 years ago

Lazyweeder, I'm so sorry to hear of your garden loss. A painful thought. I hope that as you slowly replace things, the garden somes out even better than it was before. Here's hoping patience and good "dirt" luck for you :)

If you or any of your usual wish list swappers want to join a similar one, Patty's running her annual Want list one earlier this year (sign-ups now through Dec 1). It was a fab and fun swap last year.

My best,
    --Tina

Here is a link that might be useful: 3rd Annual What's Left on My Want List Swap

• chelty2
    16 years ago

Dave,
    Please post a list of Seeds Wanted on your member page.
    Thanks.

chelty2

• kilngod
    16 years ago

Yes, Dave, as Chelty2 said. I'm involved in the Adopt-A-Newbie swap, and would be happy to Adopt-A-Veteran if I have things that you might want.

Chelty2 might have the same thing in mind :)

let us know!
    --Tina

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Dave,

Sorry it's not going to happen this year. They are a lot of work. Mother nature said you needed a vacation from it this year!
    Hoping it all bounces back for you. If not take a look at my list and see if you need any of them:)

Looking forward to number 5!
    Karen