Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulan70

UPDATE: Wishlist Swap Thread 2

paulan70
13 years ago

Wow so we had to start a second thread. Ok we had another package arrive today and it is from Ann - Kmpsmom. So that makes a grand total of 8 packages out of 28 to show up so far (mine included). There are a bunch of different seeds I really think everyone will be happy. Thanks for helping to make this a great swap.

So here is the list

1. Paulan70 HERE
  2. Phantom_white
  3. Shanti
  4. riley17
  5. suecirish
  6. countrycarolyn
  7. Ishareflowers ARRIVED
  8. tkhooper ARRIVED
  9. leann2800
  10. gmom2-6boys
  11. poisondartfrog ARRIVED
  12. kamiljablo
  13. kmpsmom ARRIVED
  14. jodie74 ARRIVED
  15. debby_1
  16. sassybutterfly_2008
  17. spoonietreasure
  18. angelady
  19. canyonwind
  20. hibiscusfan
  21. molly_and_me
  22. snapdragon36
  23. Lois ARRIVED
  24. Drippy
  25. bev2009
  26. clc70 ARRIVED
  27. pumpkingal
  28. beth_b_kodiak

Paula

Comments (126)

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I will wait until Monday to see if they contact me over the weekend. And then I will most likely pack them up and send them off on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the the contact so they should be recieved my the first week of Dec...

Paula

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    13 years ago

Mulberry, if it's a fruited variety rather than fruitless, it is well worth the wait. I'm not sure why, other than they're messy, but back in West Texas, almost every yard had a fruitless mulberry. I always wanted the fruited one! What's not to want about it? hee hee (Now, if spoonie doesn't respond, we might have a fight over those precious seeds, girl! hahahaha)

Blessings,
    Angela

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

They are fruited the taste is better than any blackberry, dewberry, or raspberry, I have ever eaten. The berries are at least an inch long and half an inch thick. Yummmm!!!! The tree itself is a beautiful tree, with huge glossy leaves.

As far as I am concerned, angela if you want them, then they are yours. They will need to be stratified, or you can winter sow them.

• riley17
    13 years ago

You wouldn't happen to have any more mulberry seeds would you? I'd be so happy to do a trade with you if you do and there's anything on my list you would like. :)
    Thanks,
    Holly

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

Riley I have some that I have been stratifying, I would be happy to send them to you. Just shoot me an email.

• riley17
    13 years ago

Thank you so so much! Sending you an email now!
    Holly

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well I have emailed spoonie and waited until today and there was response. But I did notice she signed up for another swap the christmas card wishlist one. So I will mix her seeds today and then get the envies ready to take and get mailed. Hopefully they will make their ways back to you next week.

Paula

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

I am excited!!! Paula thank you for the swap!!

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving, gobble gobble gobble, lol.

• tkhooper
    13 years ago

Let me add my thanks to Paulas, this has been a great swap to participate in. I look forward to seeing what I received.

Happy Turkey Day everyone.

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok I just spent almost an hour at the post office. Thank goodness it is a small one and not too busy of a place. Which is good. Anyways the packages are on the way. And those of you who said to use the extra stamps and change for others postage I thank you. Since there were a few who did indeed need some extra.

And for some reason I have some left stamps and some left over change so when you get your packages back and think that I forgot to put the left overs in please let me know so I can get it right back out to you. There was a bit of a mess up I kinda lost track on one package and it threw the rest into a mess.

So please post and let others know what you got or just to say hey it came and thanks. Since Shanta can't post I will relay her message when she emails me. Thanks so much

Paula

• tkhooper
    13 years ago

Wow you did great. There is always one that gets messed up in big trades. I'm sure it will all get sorted out.

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for all your hard work,, yippie on their way the excitement is so wonderful this time of year,, i just baked 3 pumkin pies,,all home made,, and I got to thinkin,,hey we only need 2, so making some whip creame later and havin some pie,,lol
    Happy thanks giving to all,,Lisa

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

When I make pecan pies I HAVE to make 2 to show up with 1. I do not know how one always comes up missing, lol.

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

And you are all so welcome and thanks for joining the swap.

I would have to say Apple pie is my favorite. Right now I am starting on making the cookies. We are having a big family get together with my side on Dec 4 so I have to get everything ready a head of time. My daughter and her frined just did the chocolate chip and I get to do the rest. hehe

Paula

• riley17
    13 years ago

Mine came today!! Thank you soo much to everyone who sent to me!! I got everything I asked for, plus wonderful surprises. :) I will be online looking up growing/care instructions for hours tonight, I am so excited!!! Thank you so much!
    :D

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

Mine came today also!! Thank you everyone that sent me all of the goodies!! I am extremely excited about all of the new seeds, thank you!!

Paula thank you for hosting this swap!!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    13 years ago

Got the seed package today, and wow! I got much more than expected. Thank you very, very much everyone for such a great variety of seeds. Thank you, too Paula, for hosting this swap. I think I am going to need more potting mix :o)

Lois in PA

• suecirish
    13 years ago

My package arrived today too! What a great stash of seeds. I am going to have the most beautiful Zinnia and Sunflower garden next year. Thanks, Everyone! And I have to say special thanks to drippy, who sent me such a wonderful assortment of special seeds from my list. Thank you Paula for hosting. It was a great swap.

Sue ~ suecirish

• gmom2-6boys
    13 years ago

I got my evenlope today!!!!
    What a suprise when I saw the package. What a large varity and my list must be filled by now. THANK YOU to all that sent to me. I got so many suprises I don't know where to start. I only filled 48 containers last week and I must have 50 plus. Thanks again to everyone.

Paula, You did such a good job of getting back this in the mail to us.

I am in heaven.
    gmom

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok So far the following People have recieded their envies back. I am so glad that the envies are arriving already. They are arriving sooner than I thought they were but that is great news.

1. Paulan70 RECIEVED
    2. Phantom_white
    3. Shanti
    4. riley17 RECIEVED
    5. suecirish RECIEVED
    6. countrycarolyn RECIEVED
    7. Ishareflowers
    8. tkhooper
    9. leann2800
    10. gmom2-6boys RECIEVED
    11. poisondartfrog
    12. kamiljablo
    13. kmpsmom
    14. jodie74
    15. debby_1
    16. sassybutterfly_2008
    17. spoonietreasure DROPPED
    18. angelady
    19. canyonwind
    20. hibiscusfan
    21. molly_and_me
    22. snapdragon36
    23. Lois RECIEVED
    24. Drippy
    25. bev2009
    26. clc70
    27. pumpkingal
    28. beth_b_kodiak

Paula

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

Received mine yesterday and what a great surprise getting so many of my wishes. Thanks to all for helping fulfill my wishlist and to Paula for such a good swap!!

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

I have tried to post this twice,,
    Yippie I got my wonderful seeds thank you all so very much,,I thanked you's all in rate and review also,,Happy Gardening to you all,,Lisa

• drippy
    13 years ago

I got mine! I got mine! (I'm not excited, can you tell? :)) Thanks so much to everyone! I am thrilled with it all - the different varieties of dianthus I received - and dianthus does so well here - well, that alone would make a beautiful garden. A special thanks to those of you who sent me echinacea tennesseensis, which is native to the area but scarce and on the federally endangered list - I want to help bring it back!

Paulan, you did a fabulous job. I think I got everything I asked for - like Christmas!

Hope that all of you have a great holiday season - yippee, I am off to sow some seeds.

• bev2009
    13 years ago

Mine arrived! Doesn't it feel like Christmas? I had so much fun looking at each packet. Thank you to everyone! This was so much fun and so well run, thanks Paula! Now I have to go look up the ones I know I requested, but can't remember what they looked like. I never get bored because I forget so much and have to look things up again, which I enjoy because you always stumble upon interesting information. No it's not dementia, just remaining a natural blond until the age of 58! I'm sure once I turn gray, the blonde brain cells will turn off.

• tkhooper
    13 years ago

Woohoo, I received my seeds today. I'm so excited about all of them I hardly know where to start. I'm definitely going to put some of the lilies in the soil now. And I'm very curious about the double feverfew. I don't think I've ever seen that. And the yellow blackberry lilies are going to be just terrific. And the plume celosia are going to be so welcome in my garden. Thank you all for your seeds to add to my garden.

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

My seeds have arrived! You were all so generous. Thanks so much. What a fun seed swap!

Paula, thanks for all your time on this. However, you were a bad girl. You sent the change back...you were supposed to keep it. It was your handling fee...LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend. Be well and be safe!

Annie

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Seeds arrived yesterday. Many thanks to all and especially to Paula for sponsoring. I'm a seedaholick and this will keep me going for quite a while. What fun!!!!
    Bethb

• snapdragon36
    13 years ago

My seeds have arrived. It felt like christmas opening the package up am so excited. thank you all so much for helping me fill my wishes. Paula thanks for such a wonderful job.
    Debbie

• leann2800
    13 years ago

I feel so spoiled. What an amazing day! I am so thrilled with the seeds. I think I got everything on my list AND so many different types of each one, many of which I have never heard of. I just love them! I don't think I can wait for the seasons to change to plant the garden of my dreams. I can't thank you enough for your generoisty. You are truly a wonderful bunch of ladies. I hope you are all as happy with your packages as I am with mine. Thank you again. And I ecspecially appreciate Paula and all the hard work she did in arranging this. Four stars****

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok so here we go aagain. hehe

And thanks you guys and gals. All I did was to shuffle the deck and then deal out the cards or seed packets as the case may be. You guys are the ones who made this great by sharing with other people with no assureance that you would get what you wanted if anything in return. Now that is great in these times.

1. Paulan70 RECIEVED
    2. Phantom_white
    3. Shanti
    4. riley17 RECIEVED
    5. suecirish RECIEVED
    7. Ishareflowers
    8. tkhooper RECIEVED
    9. leann2800 RECIEVED
    10. gmom2-6boys RECIEVED
    11. poisondartfrog
    12. kamiljablo
    13. kmpsmom
    14. jodie74
    15. debby_1
    16. sassybutterfly_2008
    18. angelady
    19. canyonwind RECIEVED
    20. hibiscusfan RECIEVED
    21. molly_and_me
    22. snapdragon36 RECIEVED
    23. Lois RECIEVED
    24. Drippy
    25. bev2009 RECIEVED
    26. clc70
    27. pumpkingal RECIEVED
    28. beth_b_kodiak RECIEVED

Paula

• drippy
    13 years ago

Paulan, don't forget me - I got mine, too! And Canyonwind is right - you could have kept the extra postage, you know!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Hello All!

I too got my package of seeds. I am thrilled with what I got in return..Drippy,Sue,Annie, everyone Thank you for sharing with me!

Paula, Thank you for taking time to put together a package for me..Well done!

Lisa/ishare

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Thank you!!! I received my pkg yesterday and was quite happy! Thanks for all your work on this swap Paula!!

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• Ann
    13 years ago

Paula:

Thanks so much for hosting this swap. My seeds arrived Saturday and I want to thank everyone for their generosity. This was lots of fun!

Happy gardening to all, Ann

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

I receive my seeds and I am thrilled.

Thank you all and especially Paula.

Margaret

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok only 8 more people left to recieve their packages though Shanti will most likely be the last one to recieve them since she is in Canada.

1. Paulan70 RECIEVED
    2. Phantom_white
    3. Shanti
    4. riley17 RECIEVED
    5. suecirish RECIEVED
    7. Ishareflowers RECIEVED
    8. tkhooper RECIEVED
    9. leann2800 RECIEVED
    10. gmom2-6boys RECIEVED
    11. poisondartfrog
    12. kamiljablo
    13. kmpsmom RECIEVED
    14. jodie74
    15. debby_1
    16. sassybutterfly_2008 RECIEVED
    18. angelady
    19. canyonwind RECIEVED
    20. hibiscusfan RECIEVED
    21. molly_and_me RECIEVED
    23. Lois RECIEVED
    24. Drippy RECIEVED
    25. bev2009 RECIEVED
    26. clc70
    27. pumpkingal RECIEVED

Paula

• clc70
    13 years ago

I got my seeds today. Wow! Everyone sent me great seeds. This swap was the BOMB! Thanks Paula for hosting. And thanks to everyone who sent me their great seeds. I can't wait to start winter sewing. Connie.

• jodie74
    13 years ago

THANK YOU ALL!! Got my seeds! Sat actually but just now got a chance to post! Received awesome seeds & am having a blast going through them.

Thanks,
    Jodie-

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I got some really wonderful seeds! They got here yesterday or Saturday but I was not here to enjoy them.
    Thank you everyone, and especially Paula.
    Alana

• debby_1
    13 years ago

I posted yesterday, but no clue where it went. I received my seeds Saturday and was amazed at the selection and the generosity of everyone. Thank you very much.
    Debby

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Only 4 more left to arrive into the anxious awaiting hands. They will come soon hopefully.

1. Paulan70 RECIEVED
    2. Phantom_white
    3. Shanti
    4. riley17 RECIEVED
    5. suecirish RECIEVED
    8. tkhooper RECIEVED
    9. leann2800 RECIEVED
    10. gmom2-6boys RECIEVED
    11. poisondartfrog RECIEVED
    12. kamiljablo
    13. kmpsmom RECIEVED
    14. jodie74 RECIEVED
    15. debby_1 RECIEVED
    18. angelady
    19. canyonwind RECIEVED
    20. hibiscusfan RECIEVED
    23. Lois RECIEVED
    24. Drippy RECIEVED
    25. bev2009 RECIEVED
    26. clc70 RECIEVED
    27. pumpkingal RECIEVED

Paula

• kamiljablo
    13 years ago

I got mine!

Thanks!
    Kamil

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

First off happy birthday to me.

Ok so far there were 2 more packages that arrived home and they are shanti and Kamil so now only 2 more left to go.

1. Paulan70 RECIEVED
    2. Phantom_white
    3. Shanti ARRIVED
    4. riley17 RECIEVED
    5. suecirish RECIEVED
    8. tkhooper RECIEVED
    9. leann2800 RECIEVED
    10. gmom2-6boys RECIEVED
    11. poisondartfrog RECIEVED
    12. kamiljablo RECIEVED
    13. kmpsmom RECIEVED
    14. jodie74 RECIEVED
    15. debby_1 RECIEVED
    18. angelady
    19. canyonwind RECIEVED
    20. hibiscusfan RECIEVED
    23. Lois RECIEVED
    24. Drippy RECIEVED
    25. bev2009 RECIEVED
    26. clc70 RECIEVED
    27. pumpkingal RECIEVED

Paula

• bev2009
    13 years ago

A belated Happy Birthday to you Paula! Hope you had a warm, happy day.

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    13 years ago

A very happy birthday to you, Paula!

• jodie74
    13 years ago

HAPPY BELATED PAULA!!!!

Jodie

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you for the birthday wishes,

Paula

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    13 years ago

Happy belated birthday, Paula! I'm so sorry I haven't checked the thread in so long. I got a wonderful assortment. I was just so blown away and happy at how everyone cared to pick things out that I love! Thank you all!

I would have posted sooner, but I've been really sick with a gallbladder infection/attacks almost for over 3 weeks now. I passed several stones now, though, and am working on herbal remedies which are helping greatly.

Anyways, thank you all so very much! I had a very general list and somehow you guys picked out some truly awesome things for my garden. I very much appreciate it!

Blessings,
    Angela

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok Well Angelady recieved her package so that leaves Phantom_white as the last one to post that her packaga arrived safe and sound. We are still waiting for her to tell us that they did in fact arrive safe and sound. I am just so glad that everyone got a kick out of what they got. I am glad this went off without too much trouble. Nice job with sharing your stash with as many people as you could and for that I thank you.

Paula

• paulan70
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well I just got an email from Abby - phantom_white and she has recieved her package in the mail. So I guess this swap can be considered Closed. Thanks everyone for making it a great swap.

Paula

CLOSED