Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neonposey

NEW: ~Trick or Treat ~ smell My Feet~ '07

neonposey
16 years ago

Hello all! I did this swap a few years ago and everyone really enjoyed it. I thought I would revive it if there's any interest and we can get enough folks to play. Here are the rules from the original swap and the rules are pretty much the same:

I LOVE HALLOWEEN and think its only fitting that I host a swap. Here are the rules:

* Send as many packs of seeds as you would like to receive back. No more than 4 of one variety.

* Send some seeds that remind you of Halloween. For Example: seeds with bat, cat, or candy in the name. Pumpkins would qualify. Things that are orange, black, crimson red or deep purple. Also things that 'smell' good! These suggestions are optional -- all types and colors of seeds are welcome!

* Send one package of Âsurprise seedÂ. This could be a mixture of seed or a single type, however include some details such as light & water requirements, height, etc. so the recipient will know where to plant and how to care for it. Note: please be considerate of your fellow gardeners and donÂt send anything invasive. That would be a lousy Trick.......

* Include a LIGHTWEIGHT and inexpensive Halloween trinket. Nothing perishable please. (Please no candy that will melt in transit)

* Pack in a bubble envelope and include return postage equal to the amount it cost you to send. Also include a return address label or sheet of paper with your name and address and a copy of your wish list if you like.

You will receive back as many packages of seeds as you sent plus 2 bonus packs and an inexpensive Halloween trinket. One of your seed packs will be a surprise and will only be marked with directions, so you will have to grow them to see what wonderful treat you received.

Deadline for signup is October 15. Deadline for package to be received by me is October 20. You will receive your package back before Halloween on October 31. Anyone wanna play????

Comments (124)

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

KEK said she didn't have 108 packs of seed yet. Oh dear, you shouldn't have told me that.... MAH HA HA HA HA! ! !

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Q: What's a ghoul's favorite game?
    A: Hide-And-Go-Shriek!

Q: What do you get when you take the circumference of your jack-o-lantern and divide it by its diameter?
    A: Pumpkin Pi

Q: What do witches use on their hair?
    A: Scare spray

Q: Which story do all little witches love to hear at bedtime?
    A: "Ghoul Deluxe and the Three Scares."

• etravia
    16 years ago

Here's my pumpkin!

Isn't she cute!!!

Maggie

• gee_oh_nyc
    16 years ago

Awesome pumpkin carving!!! and wow Paula 108. My little patio garden would burst. Fun to hear all of the updates. Thx neonposey

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maggie, your pumpkin is gorgeous. Truly bewitching!

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yesterday I received packages from Singingcrk, Etrivina and 3Shyacres. Great job, my faithful spooks. I'm waiting for 2 more packages to come in, but the swapping has begun!

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

So exciting! The suspense Suzy creates is driving me crazy!

• etravia
    16 years ago

I am so happy my package has arrived! It was mailed on the 12th of October, & it "disappeared" for a few days. Spoooookkkkkkky!!! But it has risen from the dead :)

Happy Dance!

Maggie

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Maggie,I love your pumpkin!I wish I could do that.

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No packages came in the mail yesterday. It was sad to have an empty mailbox. I'm still waiting on 2 more to come in. Hopefully they will come today.

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No packages came today either. Just an empty, sad mailbox. 2 more packages still out there somewhere. I think I'll tell jokes to cheer myself up!

Q. Why did the ghost go into the bar?
    A. For the Boos.

Q. What is a vampires favorite holiday?
    A. Fangsgiving

Q. What do you call two spiders that just got married?
    A. Newlywebbed

Q. Why can't the boy ghost have babies?
    A. Because he has a Hallo-weenie

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Today I received a package from Moonphase. Nicely done. Still one package out there floating around somewhere but most everything will be mailed out tomorrow. I sure hope they make it to you on time. I wanted to give everyone that wanted a chance to play, to be able to so that pushed me a little behind.

HALLOWEEN IS COMING!!!!

• etravia
    16 years ago

My grandson came over tonight & we carved more pumpkins (we love Halloween!)

Happy Halloween!!!!
    Maggie

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm so jealous! Those are awesome.

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Fabulous pumpkins Maggie!

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Those are wonderful!!!!!!! The spider is my favorite.

• etravia
    16 years ago

Thanks guys! That spider was a pain in the arse! If you look close you can see the toothpicks holding his top right leg in place! Bummmmmer!
    Maggie

• singingcrk
    16 years ago

Wow! Those really are amazing! I think the middle one is too cute. :)

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Please post to let me know when your package arrives. I hope they get there by HALLOWEEN !

• paulan70
    16 years ago

The 108 that I sent in weren't even a drop in the bucket with my seeds. I just didn't want to have everyone to get two if everything just from me. And I hope everyone has fun planting away. I know I will be. And I am anxious to see what everyone sends in. I am sure there will be a be a wide variety of seeds for everyone to have a new type or two of seeds to try for the first time and then to pass around later.

I can't wait to see what we get back in return. And no way do I want 108 seed packs back.

Paula

• drippy
    16 years ago

I guess I must be first! Suzy, Suzy, Suzy - I just opened my packet and I cannot even BELIEVE for a minute you were worried about what to send me - this is an AWESOME selection! I hope you had enough good stuff left to give to other people! I am very, very pleased.

It amazes me how you do this - such a quick turnaround time, and your packaging is so adorable. You must be the Halloween Queen!

Uh, did I say...thank you! :D

Hope you have a great Halloween - you deserve it!

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY! I'm so excited that someone got a package. I miss the activity on this thread. I'll be hanging around until everyone has their package and hope everyone else will too. Plus. Its not even HALLOWEEN yet! LOL.

Drippy - I'm so pleased that you like your selection. There were alot of duplicates in the swap because of the theme but there were also lots of great seeds to pass around. I hope everyone will be happy with what they receive. Thank you so much for all of your help, extra seeds and stamps, and GREAT advice.

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

mine came today! thank you everyone - i've already got plans of spreading the fright ;) my daughter and youngest don't like spiders so the spiderweb and a couple spiders are going on the controller for the game cube before they get home! and believe it or not my dh is going to find the oh so cute pumpkin magnet with the cat on it horribly scary! the only thing he and i don't agree on is how we feel about cats and i've already got him living with three (2 of which are black cats) - so the magnet will just be a little added...hmm maybe i can find more "black cat" stuff and spread it around the house and truly horrify his halloween - thanks for the inspiration, the seeds, and the fun! happy halloween everyone

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Wow Suzie!
    That was really fast (must know someone at the post office) Eagerly waiting to hear about all of the great Halloween Tricks and Treats!

Kandituft
    I understand the cat thing, we have the same problem at our house, one cat person and one dog person. So far we don't have a pet and to be honest, I am not sorry, I cannot decide what would be worse, another dog in an area where I swear there are more dogs than people or giving all of those dogs something 'new' to bark at by getting a cat.

• singingcrk
    16 years ago

Hooray! What a surprise! My package arrived today - my oldest daughter and I opened it right there on the porch, we couldn't wait to see the goodies. :D

Thank you, so much, Suzie! (And everyone else who sent in seeds!) The Halloween treats were adorable, we're all in the Halloween mood here. I've been sharing your "ghastly" jokes with the kids and hubby every time you've posted more, and they love them.

And I can't believe the seeds. :D Yum. I can't wait to start winter sowing. The biggest surprise? I got my most-wanted: the "Black Pearl" pepper!!! Wooooo hooo! *does a little dance* Besides being a gorgeous plant, I'm off to a great start on my Johnny Depp theme garden. ;) LOL Hope everyone else is as happy as I am.

This has been an awesome swap! I think there's nothing more fun than getting one of your packages in the mail, Suzie, you put so much time, and pack so much fun INTO them. I sure hope you're thinking of doing it again next year (hint, hint), I plan on being able to share more seeds next time!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Suzie!

you really did out do yourself! Adorable packets! you really shouldn't have sent so much! I hope we get some rain soon...... I am going to be very disappointed if I can't try all of this fabulous seed! I think I will have to take up WSing for sure now.... no way I can wait for spring!

Candy and spiders and love the little confetty bits, you worked very hard!!! Little treat bags tied up with a bow, you really do love halloween!

Frances

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY! Treats are flowing in. I'm so glad. I feel like I've been the only one having the fun. Now its y'alls turn. LOL.

Singingcrk: the black pearl is a great plant. 2 people had it on their wish list and it just so happens that 1 pack came in and I had some too, so it all worked out well. It is soooo cute and looks great with almost any color flower. Germination was very easy and it does come true from seed... as true as true gets. Good luck on your Johnny Depp garden. (how yummy is he??) And tell DH and the kiddos - more jokes to follow.....

{{gwi:1303878}}

• paulan70
    16 years ago

suzie

Mine came in as well. You did a great job on them. And I love the confettie that will be going into my scrapbook ollection for later use on some lay outs. And everyone did great in sending alot of different seeds. I am just happy that someone included some black hollyhock I was looking for some of those. And I love the spider zinnias.

Everyone especially Suzie thank you for the great swap.

Paula

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I got my super spooky seed package today. It was filled with goodies, especially lots of white flowers-my favorite!
    All the little Halloween touches made it a very special swap. Thanks to all who sent in a wonderful assortment of seeds!
    Alana

• etravia
    16 years ago

Susie, I'm Woozie! That JD picture is not scary at ALL!

Okay, I'm better now. I got my package today too, and it was SPOOKTACULAR! Thank you for doing such a great job! Hmmmm, mystery seed has almost black flowers, plant after last frost...takes full sun...hmmmm...I don't know! But I'm realllly excited! Oh, & your packages were bootiful! I love morning gories! I am going over to the rate & review & rant and rave about what a scarific host you are!
    Thanks!
    Maggie

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maggie: NOT SCARY? He's not? Then why do I get goosebumps everytime I look at him ? ?

• etravia
    16 years ago

Okay, so he is "drop dead gorgeous",

(have you seen "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" ? You MUST see it! It is a JD classic, with Juliet Lewis, & Leonardo DeCaprio also)!

Maggie

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! Drop dead gorgeous he is! He can carve my pumpkin any day.

No. I haven't seen Whats Eating Gilbert Grape. I'll check it out. And thank you for all of the nice things you said on the Review forum. But it wasn't me that made the swap a good one - it was all of you players and your great seeds. I just added the trimmings. And if I get throwed off this forum for making suggestive comments, y'all please email me to say 'Hi' and send me a seed every now and again...

• kek19
    16 years ago

I got my package today!! How exciting!! I didn't wait to get inside either to find all the goodies! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!! AND thank you sooo much for the Black Moudry Grass!! I've been trying so hard to get my hands on it!! What a great Bonus! My husband saw the brugmansia seeds and rolled his eys, says I've become obsessed. (I just bought a bunch of cuttings on ebay too LOL!)

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY! Kek got her package today too. I'm surprised so many of you got them today, but very pleased. Kek: the Black Moudry came straight from my garden to yours. I picked it just for you. I hope you get good germination but if something happens and you don't, please let me know and I'll send you more. I have something else to discuss with you. I'm sending you mail.

• gee_oh_nyc
    16 years ago

Hi Suzie, et al.
    What a great thing to come home to after a very long day at the office.
    I felt like a kid again opening my treats. So many fun selections AND your special attention to our "want-lists" is admirable.
    A big Halloween THANKS to you and all who played. I now have a new Halloween tradition!
    Peace to you all,
    George

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

I'm chiming in too - Got my Wonderful packet in Monday's mailbox! I wasn't expecting all the Halloween confetti so had quite the explosion on the kitchen floor when I untied my loot/treat bag to examine the seeds!

Received Black Pearl pepper seeds too, so can't wait to start them under my grow lights this winter! Lot's of other interesting and excellent seeds to sow too. I canÂt wait for next spring to see all this seed loot turn into plants.

Thanks Suzy and everyone, this was/is an enjoyable swap and group of gardeners.

Sandy

• singingcrk
    16 years ago

Wow! Suzie, you just made my day, AGAIN, haha. Sigh.
    I've seen Gilbert Grape, but Benny & Joon is my all-time favorite JD movie.
    The funny thing is, he never was my "type" when he was younger (but oh, my, these days...), but I've LOVED all of these characters he's played, without realizing they were all HIM! I sat through the first third of the Pirates of the Caribbean, saying "I thought Johnny Depp was in this movie? This pirate guy's brilliant, though!" Ha ha ha So much for being the observant one in my family. I'll chalk it up to his acting ability. ;)

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay! George and Sandy got treats too! I'm glad you both were happy with your packages. It does feel like being a kid again, doesn't it? Anyone who doesnt want to wait to sow seeds should check out the Wintersowing forum. Theres a great group of people there and wintersowing is so much fun and so easy. Depending on your zone, the peppers would probably have to wait anyway, but the wintersowing method is so much easier than starting inside under lights. The peppers are eatible too and VERY hot from what I understand, but I didn't taste. LOL. I just think they're beautiful. Like shiny little black marbles and the foliage is very dark too. Just a great plant.

I'll probably start my NetFlix subscription back up now that its getting wintertime. I usually cancel early spring and start back early winter. I just don't have time to watch moves in the spring/summer. Way too much to do, but I'll be sure to check out the other Johnny Depp movies. The first one I ever saw him in was Edward Scissorhands. And to this day, that movie is still fascinating to watch. Just something magical about it.

Everyone have a screaming good day!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

oh yes Edward Scissorhands, perfect for this time of year, and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and a new film coming at Christmastime too, can't wait.

I first saw JD in a TV show about undercover cops in a highschool. Don't think it lasted very long and don't remember much about it. But it was a long time ago. He really is brilliant at all of these character roles. I don't have a fav, but Pirate movies are a special weakness of mine.

Whats not to like, handsome heros, terrifying bad guys, exciting ship board sword fighting, high speed chases, romance, adventure and plenty of thrills and chills for everybody.

must go out and start planting all of these bulbs and tubers before they start growing in the house

Have a great day everyone...

oh BTW drippy, where do you get those nice little envelopes? I like them so much better than the plastic baggies.

• drippy
    16 years ago

I buy my seed envelopes at Staples - they're not cheap, but I find the plastic baggies hard to work with. The upside of the plastic bags is that you can see the seeds right away - the downside is that if seeds go into them that are the slightest bit moist, the mold probability is much higher than in the paper envelopes.

When I was at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in London this summer, there were at least as many people (okay, women LOL) getting their picture taken with JD as there were people of both sexes getting their snapshot with the Queen. It's good to be gorgeous.

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No one got seeds today?? Well thats depressing. But tomorrow is a new day and tomorrow is HALLOWEEN!

Did you hear about the cannibal who was expelled from school?
    He was buttering up his teacher.

How do you fix a jack-o-lantern?
    With a pumpkin patch.

What do birds give out on Halloween?
    Tweets.

Why don't mummies take vacations?
    They're afraid they'll relax and unwind.

• sandysgardens
    16 years ago

JD has always been one a favorite hunk to watch. My daughters, both in their 20's, even think he's hot. I tease them that they are drooling over a guy that's their momÂs age, but they don't care. He did do a fabulous job in the Pirates of the Caribbean series, as well as his other movies. HeÂs like a fine wine, gets better with a age!!!

Sandy

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago
  • esnapp
    16 years ago

I received my seed packet yesterday and WOW! I had a great time making a mess on the kitchen counter to look at all my seed packets. Thank you for your enthusiasm and organization. A terrific halloween treat!

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY! Emily got seeds. I think theres only one or two more packages floating around out there somewhere....

• moonphase
    16 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday.I love everything I got..wonderful swap,great host and some really neat socks.I am happy..
    Happy Halloween everyone:
    Tonight is the night
    Its filled with fright
    I'll ride my broom in the bright moon light
    I'll laugh and screech and have some fum
    I'll cackle loud and the kids will run
    There'll be spooks and witches and things unseen
    After all.It's Halloween.........LOL.....

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Happy Spookfest everyone.... I am off to don my special holiday slippers, (rumour has it that the wearer will be enveloped in a cloak of fright, no other costume required) Causing delightfully frightfully good chills where ever she walks.

Have a wonderful evening

Frances

• neonposey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Halloween is over. How sad. Thanks to all of you for making this a special and fun October for me and joining in my swap. I hope it was as much for you as it was for me and I hope everyone will enjoy growing out their new seeds. I hope your mystery pack will continue the fun for you. I feel like I made many new friends. Until next year, Many Blessings.....

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!I got my package today.My post office is so slow.I think they only work when they want too.I got a great mix,and I love the packaging!Thank you! Thank you!Suzie your a great host!Thanks,Letha