Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: fotess swap for november

Posted by sandlapper_rose z7B-8A SC (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 16:04

FOTESS November Swap: Football in the Garden

Please note: FOTESS requires that you be a member of the group. If you are not already a member, please contact me (Jeanne) or Shirley.

I didn't follow football much at all until my younger daughter went to college and she and her husband continue to be serious fans of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. Of course, it helps that I can now watch most of the games because we now have a satellite dish! Following football is a new thing for me so I'll do the best I can with whatever game we play. Whether you sign up to swap or not, all team members are welcome to play the game (or games if I think of more than one...)

Now, what kind of theme is Football in the Garden?

If you sign up here's what you will send:
1. A bowl (suggestive of "bowl games" - just a small and inexpensive one from the Dollar Store or similar)
2. Some snacks to eat while watching football (buy or bake something, simple is fine, even a package of popcorn to pop or how about watch for the Halloween treats to be marked down...)
3. Something with the person's favorite team colors (if they have a favorite team - you can do this with ribbon or yarn tied around one of the items - it doesn't need to be complicated)
4. Something relating to the garden (a packet or two of seeds, an autumn plant poke, a miniature scarecrow, a handmade or bought card, a bookmark, or any clever thing you think of)

Christmas - hectic and expensive - is ahead, so please make this a small, inexpensive package. We all know how it is around this time of the year. Creativity is always welcome. I'll be focusing on football in pulling together a game or two for us to play. Also, if you have a favorite team, please list it when you sign up and what the team colors are.

Mail out by November 18th.

I'm signing up, of course.
Jeanne (University of South Carlina Gamecocks, Garnet and Black)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: fotess swap for november

LOVE football! LOL and would love to play!

ROLL TIDE!

Jayeanne
(Alabama Crimson Tide! red and white of course!!)

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 17:31

Great Idea, Jeanne! I'm in!

However, I don't follow football anymore, but I am a devout NBA fan, especially the Minnesota Timberwolfs; their colors are black, blue, silver/grey and white. Can I still join?

Go Woofs!! Fire that coach! Please, Lord, don't let anyone get injured this year!

It's all starting, folks!
Shirley!

o

Welcome to the swap, Jayeanne - you, too, Shirley - although I'm going to pretend your team is a football team, after all, what do I know about football?
Well, I do know enough to try not to pair opponents if I can avoid it, guess the Timberwolfs will avoid that problem for me. LOL

So we have:
Jayanne ((Alabama Crimson Tide! red and white)
Shirley (Minnesota Timberwolfs: black, blue, silver/grey and white)

Keep 'em coming!
Jeanne

o

hi everyone
I would like to be in this pick up game.
my team is the Denver broncos, colors bright orange and dark blue.

funny story how they became MY team...
in 1995 I moved in with my boyfriend(now hubby) he was watching the san francisco 49ers game, he said I should pick a team to root for. I said I'd just go for his team. very seriously he said I need to pick my own team. I didnt know anything about football, but watched the post game windup and picked the uniform I liked best, it was the orange helmet with the rearing horse,, the broncos old style. they have been my team ever since, evan through the bad years.

have a good tuesday
michelle

o

I think I will sit this one out, but it is a fun theme. I dated a football player in college and unlike Michelle, I've not liked it much since, lol.

o

Football Theme?? I'm in! Team of Choice for this one...Seattle Seahawks... ..Blue and White... I do have other fav's to... New Orleans Saints, SF 49'ers, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, Boise State ..... Just don't ask for stats, plz :)
Did I say I like football?

o

Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 7:57

I'm with you, Peggy, please don't ask for stats!

Michelle, my daughter cheers for the Broncos, but I think it's because of Peyton Manning, whom she has followed forever!

The Woofs start their season tonight, against Orlando. Lord, I hope no one gets injured - Kevin Love only played 18 games last season - EEEEEK!

Supposed to be in the 60s today! But then back down again tomorrow, Oh Well! It's Michigan weather!

Have a great day, All!
Shirley!

o

Jeanne...oh my goodness, I just noticed your "Football In The Garden" swap....I am so in!!!!!! Your Gamecocks really pulled off a nice come from behind victory over Missouri last Saturday.....quite a game!!

Love college football!!!
My team, of course...
THE FIGHTING IRISH....UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME (official colors BLUE and GOLD but GREEN will do...)

Jayeanne, I had no idea you were a BAMA girl!!! I think it very well might be Alabama and Oregon for #1 in January....I will be against you on that one!!!

Alana, to darn funny!!!!........ "I dated a football player in college and unlike Michelle, I've not liked it much since, lol."

Jeanne, how are you feeling?

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

o

Annie! LOL oh gosh yes! bama all the way.....

that will be interesting in January for sure!! =)

ROLL TIDE!

o

Glad to have more FOTESS members who enjoy the Football in the Garden theme! My GardenWeb connection is not allowing me to copy and paste so I will update the teams and colors later.

Welcome to the swap Peggy and Annie!
(Annie, I was so excited about the most recent football game between the Gamecocks and Missouri. What a "come from behind" story!)

Thanks for asking about me. I am feeling better although I still get tired easily and am not doing all that I usually do. Surgery was about 5 weeks ago so I should be getting closer to normal soon. The good news is that most of the pain has gone away. I go for my final post-surgery check up towards the end of November. (At least I sure hope that's the final one.)

Jeanne

o

I'll sit this one out, but I'll share a bit. If you live in Nebraska you're a Husker. When I lived in Green Bay I was a Packer. It's automatic...unless you want to take your life in your own hands. There's a reason the Huskers are red...they're causing high blood pressure state-wide. They need a makeover, prayers, vacation or all of the above.
Husker Heidi in Nebraska

o

Wed, Oct 30, 13 at 21:29

Heidi, I know what you mean: back in western PA, everyone was a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. I was the only Cleveland Brown fan (the original Browns) within a 100 miles. I was allowed a certain leeway, because I fixed the sloppy joes, but if Cleveland beat the Steelers, no one spoke to me for days!

What a great rivalry that was.

Heidi, how is the job going?

Well, the Woofs are ahead at the half, 60-52. They are playing Love, Rubio, Pekovic, Cunningham and Corey Brewer - what? - where did he come from and why aren't they playing Shved?
AAAAGGGGHHH!

Really a pretty day here today, 61 and sunny. The temps are supposed to stay higher, but we're in for some rain.
Cie la Guerre!

Off to shower and watch the rest of the game,
Have a great day tomorrow,
Shirley!

o

I'd love to play but I'm having a tough time picking a team
For college it is between Rutgers and U of MD
For Pros it is between Arizona Cardinals and Baltimore Ravens
Cardinals have been awful the past couples years but that is where we are during football season. Maybe they will come back to life, but I don't have much hope.
OK. I'll pick one in a couple days
Bethb

o
team pick

I'll go with the AZ Cardinals. Gotta root for the home team and I really like Fitzgerald even when they loose.

o

Hooray! Glad to welcome you to Football Land, Beth. Michelle, did I miss welcoming you before? If so, I'm sorry.
Here's our list of sign ups so far:

Jayanne ((Alabama Crimson Tide! red and white)
Shirley (Minnesota Timberwolfs: black, blue, silver/grey and white)
Beth (Arizona Cardinals:colors? Yes, I know... I could look them up. I'll bet one is red!)
Peggy (Seattle Seahawks... ..Blue and White)
Michelle (Denver Broncos, colors bright orange and dark blue)
Annie (UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME (official colors BLUE and GOLD but GREEN will do)

Heidi and Alana, keep stopping by to talk football or gardening or both! I'm going to try to pull together a game or two for FOTESS and get at least one posted soon. Even members who aren't swapping are welcome to the play the game(s).

Back soon!
Jeanne

o

Definitely RED! and white. Three of the four teams are red and white. Those are also the colors of our arch rival team back in High School.

o

I'm not sure if I'll manage a second game this month, but there's definitely football BINGO!

FOTESS Football Bingo

For any members who want to play BINGO this month, please email me your list of 15 selections from the bingo words by Nov. 6. On the 7th, I will begin drawing words. Keep track of your BINGO list at home. Although I'll have the list to verify what has been drawn, I am not going to check off your list as we go along. The first member to get 15 words wins and will receive an appropriate prize.

Here are your words to choose from:

1, Touchdown
2. Goal Post
3. Outback Bowl
4. Helmet
5. Quarterback
6. Laces
7. Halftime
8. Defense
9. Possession
10. Hail Mary
11. Targeting
12. Horse Collar
13. Onside Kick
14. Play Clock
15. Referee
16. Sack
17. Special Teams
18. Tackle
19. Time of Possession
20. First Down
21. Drop Kick
22. Fumble
23. Heisman Trophy
24. Pass Interference
25. Out of Bounds
26. Tailgate
27. Cheerleaders
28. Mascot
29. Fair Catch
30. Super Bowl

Let's have fun!
Jeanne

o

Happy COLLEGE FOOTBALL Saturday!!

Jeanne, WOOOO, love this FOOTBALL BINGO!! I just emailed you my 15 selections.

Enjoy your weekend!!

Annie

o

Jeanne, would love to join but between hosting the MNF swap and a trip to Texas to meet my new grandson, I am afraid to make another commitment. With the holidays coming and our the gift shop I work at being short handed, I am working more hours as well. I hate to miss out on this one, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.

Hope you all have fun, I know you are in good hands as far as a host is concerned. Margo

o

It sounds like a lot of fun, but I am going to skip out on the swap this month, as this month is going to be crazy. But I will play BINGO! :) It's a beautiful day here in Michigan - cool but sunny, and the leaves are in full color.

Mandy

o

Glad you can play Bingo, Mandy. I got your list of words - also words from Annie, Mandy, Jayeanne, and Peggy. I think that's it so far. Did I miss anyone? Anyone in FOTESS can play. Just send me your list of words by the end of the day Nov. 6th.

Margo, enjoy that visit with your new grandson. I hope you'll share a picture.

Sorry I haven't been here to post more over the weekend. I had to watch football yesterday you know! (Yes, the Gamecocks won. I think it was their 15th consecutive win when playing at their home stadium.)

Well. even though it's dark out I know it's not that late so I'd better try to get a few more things done around the house. I washed lots of clothes so now they have to be carried upstairs and put away. I wish clothes would just put themselves away straight from the dryer!

Jeanne

o

Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 18:54

Jeanne, just emailed my bingo words.

Minney is 2-0 on the season.
2 down, 80 to go.
Gonna be a long season!

Shirley!

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 21:23

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I may have to sit this month out. Lots going on here, plus plenty of travel this month. Plenty of travel in Dec., too. I'll be out of town for 3 wks in Dec. Eeek!

Jeanne, according to the Law of Infinite Probability, one day this should happen:

o

Cute photo of the clothes in the dryer, but I need them beyond that - how about folded and in drawers or hung on hangers in the closet without any assistance from me? LOL

I have Bingo words from Michelle and Shirley now. A good group playing football Bingo!

Jeanne

o

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to send in your Bingo words if you want to play football Bingo! I'll begin drawing words on Thursday.

o

hello ladies!

I am super excited about this swap, cant wait to find out who my partner is! I am ready all except for team colors!! =) wanted to let you know also if there is a need for a hostess ever I'd love to be able to do that for you ladies! Enjoying a hot chocolate while doing laundry and sorting/organizing seeds! Its getting cold here!

Jayeanne

o

WOW, where has the last week gone?...BINGO starts tomorrow...YAH! Good Luck to all!

Annie

o

Bingo word(s) for today: Super Bowl

I thought I would add some fun when I post the words by including a football saying or quote. I hope you enjoy them.

"My advice to defensive players:Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor."
- Bowden Wyatt

o

Fri, Nov 8, 13 at 6:36

YAY!! I've got one word!! Now to get all the rest!!

Looking forward to a long weekend, lots of stuff to get done. Hard to believe the holidays are right around the corner!

The Woofs are 3-2, playing OKC tonight. Hope all of your teams are winning!

Have a great day, Everyone!
Shirley!

o

Bingo word(s) for today: Hail Mary

And here's a quote.
“In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.”
- Jean-Paul Sartre

I hope everyone has a good day! I finally decided I was healed enough to start cleaning house and wow, am I ever sore today and that was after cleaning only two rooms... and they are much better than they were, but not the way I would clean them if I wasn't hurting. Let's hope as I do more I hurt less.

Jeanne

o

Good Morning.... I was looking for some documents yesterday day and ran a couple of autograph pictures of a couple of Viking players. It took me a minute to figure out why I had these then I recalled that my Aunt Lillian from Moose Lake, Minn had said that she knew these guys and sent me these pictures. Made me smile to think of her and the memories I have of her.

As we continue our Football Bingo game I am in need of a reminder of how it is played. Is a "bingo" reached if/when one's 15 words are "called" out?

o

It's great that you have some special memories to go with those autographed pictures!

Our Bingo word for today is defense.

As for the winner, once you have all 15 of your words marked off, call out "Bingo" (here on the board) and I'll check your card to make sure it matches what I called. I guess if we have a tie we go into overtime... and I'll tack on a second part. Right now Shirley is ahead, but it's a very close game!

And our quote:
Houston Oilers Head Coach Bill Peterson
"You guys line up alphabetically by height."

When I was walking back to the house after feeding my horse this morning I noticed that several of my rose bushes are blooming, not full bloom, but they have a few blossoms. I guess they are putting out their last flowers of the year.

This is the last day for members to sign up for the swap - in case someone is still deliberating. Partners tomorrow!

Have a good day, everyone.
Jeanne

o

Today's the big day! PARTNERS!

First of all, let's pick the Bingo word: it's touchdown!

... and our quote of the day:
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the
one who dropped it."
- Lou Holtz

... and here are the partners:

Beth will send to Jeanne
Jeanne will send to Michelle
Michelle will send to Jayeanne
Jayeanne will send to Peggy
Peggy will send to Shirley
Shirley will send to Annie
Annie will send to Beth

I picked a few of the roses that were in bloom yesterday and placed them with some pineapple sage and dusty miller, so here's a floral treat for you on this special day as well. Enjoy it!

Jeanne

o

Hi Peggy!

I have your name for the swap, I couldnt locate where to send you an email, so thought i would post here . Could you please send me a private email with your addy.

thanks much!
Jayeanne

o

Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 11:18

Beautiful roses, Jeanne! My tall rose at the side of the house bloomed last week too! I was so surprised!

Annie, I have your address and will mail out sometime this week. I have everything ready to go but the bowl; drawing a complete blank on that!

Peggy, let me know If you need my address! The Woofs are 4-2 and no one has gotten injured yet!

Have a great day, All!
Shirley!

o

Jeanne, love the roses. I always seem to enjoy the late flowers more.probably has to do with ,more time and gentler weather to enjoy them.
I will need your address please.
We are watching Ravens now and then the Cardinals. Good way to spend the afternoon while recovering from the "krud". Sipping broth and fetching each other cough drops and tissues. Real togetherness there. LOL
Hope everyone is doing OK.

o

Good day Everyone.

I love your pictures of your November Roses, Shirley. They are beautiful. My dear sister Joyce passed away last week. Her favorite flowers were Roses. Your bouquet of flowers lifted my spirits.

My violets have not met the demise of winter yet but I fear they will not last much longer. I think I'll bring them in just to see how they do as an indoor plant. If any of you have any experience with this, would you let me know please.

I have sent emails to Jayeanne and Shirley, giving and requesting address information.

I will not be posting for a while but I will be checking in to see how Bingo is going and what everyone is up to.

Regards... Peggy

o

Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 16:59

Peggy, those were Jeanne's roses! Mine bloomed too but I didn't get any pics.

I don't know about bringing the violets inside, but if you leave them where they are, they will come back next year. It works for me, sometimes!

Trying to get some holiday cards done, so I can relax and follow the Woofs tonight. We have tomorrow off! YAY!!

Talk to ya all later!
Shirley!

Peggy, very sorry to hear about your sister, I apologize for not mentioning it earlier.

This post was edited by sjc48 on Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 0:01

o

Word drawn today is halftime!

And here's a football quote for today:

"There's one sure way to stop us from scoring -give us the ball near the goal line."
- Matty Bell

I'll be back in the morning... and I think today is a post office holiday so it might not be a good day to head to the post office with your package. (Maybe that saved someone a trip.)

A big thank you to all the Veterans!

Jeanne

o

The Bingo word for today is possession.
(I also had "time of possession" as a choice and that is not the right one for today.)

Here's a football quote to help start your day. I thought it was appropriate since we've had some writing swaps.

Writing is like a contact sport, like football. You can get hurt, but you enjoy it.
- Irwin Shaw

The mornings are getting colder here. I think I need to find the last of the seeds that need to be harvested and bring them in really soon.

Have a great day!
Jeanne

o

Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 8:00

Morning!

We had snow last night - just a light skift, and for some reason, this surprises me.

My Blue Bedder Salvia is still out there, blooming valiantly!

Have a great Monday!
Shirley!

o

It got cold here, too, last night. They were talking about a little snow or sleet. I never saw either, but my husband said he saw a little sleet coming down.

Today's Bingo word is: Outback Bowl

... and, of course, here's our daily quote:

“A friend tells a story about taking his ten-year-old son to a Jets game. The game was being played during a driving rain on a freezing cold day, and the Jets lost by twenty points to a team they were supposed to beat. As they headed toward the exits, the boy looked up with tears in his eyes and asked, 'Dad, why are we Jets fans?”
- Joe Queenan

Have a good day!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne, LOVE your quotes!!!!!!!!

Beth, working on your FOTESS for November!!

Happy Day!!

Annie

o

Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 8:10

Good Morning!
Well, the Woofs blew out Cleveland last night, making them 6-3. Kevin Love is already being touted for MVP. Sure hope this team stays healthy!

How are YOUR teams doing? Let us know!
Have a great day,
Shirley!

o

Glad your team is doing so well, Shirley!

Here's our football Bingo word: drop kick

And our quote: "I've found that prayers work best when you have big players."
- Knute Rockne

Glad you're enjoying the quotes. I think I may start drawing 2 Bingo words a day beginning on Saturday. Does that suit everyone? We want to be sure to finish the game this month. I think a few people are tied at 5 words each.

Michelle, I have your package ready to go to the post office. I hope to get there today. We had a very cold night last night - they predicted it would go into the low 20's, but my husband and I don't think it did. We'll see what the weather report says.

Unfortunately I've started having some pain issues again so I'll be calling the doctor's office this morning. I have no idea why I did better for awhile, got worse, did better again, and now worse again.

Have a good day!
Jeanne

o

Hi Peggy!

Ive got your box just about finished up here, I will mail out either today or tomorrow for you with tracking. I had a lot of fun putting this box together for you! Hope you enjoy it =)

ROLL TIDE!
Jayeanne

o

Jayeanne, thanks for the "heads up"... I'll keep an eye out for your mailing..

o

Michelle, I mailed your package today. I hope you like it. The post office receipt says it should be delivered on Mon. Nov. 18 so we'll see if that's right! I have the delivery confirmation number here if we should need it.

Jeanne

o

Bingo Word for today: Fumble

In life, as in football, you won't go far unless you know where the goalposts are.
- Arnold H. Glasow

Remember, I'll start drawing 2 words a day tomorrow. That may add some excitement to the game --- and get it completed before Thanksgiving travel, company, etc.

Have a great day!
Jeanne

o

Happy Friday!

Beth, sent you an email last night about your packages. Part of your "Football In The Garden" is on its way and should arrive early next week according to the tracking (sent direct from a store). I will be sending out the other bubbler part on Monday or Tuesday. Open them after you receive both packages.

Jeanne, feel better!!

Enjoy the day!!

Annie

o

Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 21:00

AGGGGHHH! The Woofs are down by 8 mid way thro the 2nd quarter! Oh Gloom and Despair!

Annie, your "Football in the Garden" pack is all ready to go, will mail from Kettering, hopefully tomorrow. will post DC# when I send.

Back to the game!
Shirley!

o
At the Half--

Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 21:19

Woofs - 60, Denver - 56

I'm not going to make it to April.
Shirley!

o

Congratulations on the win, Shirley. The Gamecocks play today so I'll be wishing for the same.

Here are our football words:
tailgate
laces

“I like football. I find it's an exciting strategic game. It's a great way to avoid conversation with your family at Thanksgiving.”
- Craig Ferguson

Enjoy your day!
Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Tue, Nov 19, 13 at 7:34

o

Hi Everyone!
I went to Arkansas for a 4-day Chaplain's Conference. Monday night we had to be done before the NFL game. Tuesday night-football. Wednesday-real futbol (soccer)between Mexico and somebody so the guys were itching to get to their games!
On a local note, our high school team is 1 game away from going to the state championship and 2 games away from the championship. Been a LONG time since this little town saw this much excitement!

I also found something else fun this week. I bought another 1400 tulip/daffodil/muscari bulbs. Walmart had them clearance out to make room for the xmas stuff. 24 bulbs for $1. Yep, I'm crazy. I'm drafting my husband to help me plant them in the public parks and at my house, too! My favorites are the Carnival de Rio and Apeldoorn (red) tulips, but there isn't a bad tulip anywhere...and they come back every year!
Heidi

o

Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 23:38

Hi Heidi! Nice to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!

Annie, your Football in the Garden Package is on it's way! I have the DC# if we need it. That's the good news. The bad news is: I mailed from the kiosk and it said the estimated delivery date was Monday, Nov. 25 - EEEEK!! I know it's going to California, but SHEESH!!

Need to get some rest,
Talk to ya all later!
Shirley!

o

Football Bingo Words for Today
Quarterback
Out of Bounds

Quote for the Day (Who would have guessed Alfred Hitchcock had a notable football quote.)

"There are several differences between a football game and a revolution. For one thing, a football game usually lasts longer and the participants wear uniforms. Also, there are usually more casualties in a football game. The object of the game is to move a ball past the other team’s goal line. This counts as six points. No points are given for lacerations, contusions, or abrasions, but then no points are deducted, either. Kicking is very important in football. In fact, some of the more enthusiastic players even kick the ball, occasionally."
-Alfred Hitchcock

And the game report: The Gamecocks won at home over Florida, 19-14. As usual, it was a stressful game for the fans. I guess the coaches and players, too, but they have a bit more control over the outcome. So many of their games seem to be decided in the last 2 min. of play.

For the Gamecocks, this makes:
16 consecutive home wins, a program best
39 wins in a 4 year period, most in program history
6 SEC wins for a 3rd consecutive season
24 wins by starting quarterback Connor Shaw, tying Todd Ellis for the most in program history
... and because of Auburn's win over Georgia, USC could still advance in the SEC
All of that sounds so good, but it was so undecided until late, late, late in the game. Those Gamecocks like to keep us in suspense!

Well, that about wraps it up!

Heidi, with all those bulbs I would be in bulb heaven. You certainly found them at the right price. I love daffodils and tulips, but unfortunately most tulips only bloom one year here, so I tend to stick with daffodils. I should see if there are still bulbs in the stores. I could handle planting just a few!

Have a great day, everyone.
Jeanne

o

Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 19:55

Evening Everyone!

You will all be proud of me, I'm watching a "real" football game tonight! My daughter follows the Denver Broncos and that game will be on shortly. I have no choice in this, nothing comes before Peyton Manning!

Haven't watched a game in a long time, should be interesting!

I have 9 bingo words! Whoo Hooo!!
Shirley!

o

Good morning!
It's very warm here this morning. Not what I expected when I walked to the barn at 7:30.

Here are our Bingo words:
Special Teams
First Down

The game seem to be too close to call. Lots of people all bunched towards the lead.

And our quote:
“Why isn’t it fun to watch a videotape of last night’s football game even when we don’t know who won? Because the fact that the game has already been played precludes the possibility that our cheering will somehow penetrate the television, travel through the cable system, find its way to the stadium, and influence the trajectory of the ball as it hurtles toward the goalposts!”
- Daniel Gilbert

I hope everyone has a good week.
(Shirley, how was the football game? Sometimes the sportscasters can be pretty entertaining.)

Jeanne

o

Shirley, looking forward to your package!!!

Jeanne, feeling better? Nice win over Florida!!!!

Annie

o

Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 12:24

Jeanne, the game was pretty much as I remembered: very slow, actionwise, compared to basketball! The surprising thing was my daughter - Sheesh, Christina, it's only a game! Such language! Fortunately, Denver won, wouldn't have wanted to be around if they didn't!

Our weather has cleared up, we had tornado watches yesterday, lots of strong winds and sirens going off all afternoon, but nothing was sited. Nice and sunny today!

Have a great day, All!
Shirley!

o

Jeanne, I am mailing today. Hope to catch up on all the recent posts tonight and tomorrow.
Bethb

o

hello
I got a long pass from jeanne today.
in my football box was....
little debbies football brownies, once the boys saw theses I didnt have a chance.
horse buttons
blue gardening gloves
orange sugar pumpkins
football plates and napkins.
and a hand made bronco's card

thanks jeanna

by the way the bronco's won their game against the KC chiefs yesterday. GO BRONCO'S

ps my box is going out tomorrow.

o

Glad you (and the boys) liked your package, Michelle. Glad your team won as well.

Here are the football Bingo words:
play clock
fair catch

And here's our quote:
"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards," he said. "Whichever comes first."
- George Rogers

I have a meeting to get ready for this morning so that's all for now!
Jeanne

o

I love, love, LOVE the quotes! They make me smile and think, depending on the quote. So encouraging.

I wonder if blood pressure medication is prescribed most often during football season.

Heidi

o

Beth, my tracking shows the "store delivery" part of the swap arrived yesterday at your home. I hope you were a good girl and followed my instructions to not open it up...LOL!!! I am mailing the other part this afternoon.

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

o

Shirley.... I was able to get out and do some shopping today and have your ss (swapstuff) together... looking for a good mailing receptacle, though... hope to be able to get it in the mail in the next day or so. Today was a beautiful sunny day.. but this too shall pass. Peggy

o

Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 7:19

Good Morning!
Sounds good to me, Peggy!
Our day turned out sunny and bright, and really wasn't that cold, but like you, I know it will change, especially here in Michgan.
Went to bed early last night, don't know if the Woofs won or not, should probably go check that out. But wait!! Did they even play? I'm a little off track here!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Shirley!

o

Football words for the day:
Goal post
Horse collar

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the quotes. I worried a litte about whether I could find enough to keep us going to the end of Bingo... I think we'll make it! This one today comes from a heading of college football jokes, so I don't know if it's accurate.

“He doesn’t know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn’t know the meaning of a lot of words.”
- Urban Meyer (talking about one of his players)

I will provide a list of who has sent and who has received in a day or so. I have to give a talk on winter sowing to my Master Gardener group tomorrow so that's what I'll be working on today. Wish me luck!

Jeanne

o

Jeanne, yes, I would wager a bet that Urban Meyer said that.

Good luck with your talk to the Master Gardener group....

Beth, the other part of your FOOTBALL IN THE GARDEN was sent out late yesterday afternoon. Please let me know that you received the "store delivery" this past Monday. Tracking says they delivered.

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

I received my package from Beth today.
It's wonderful, Beth. My husband and I have already sampled the candy!

Beth sent a Thanksgiving card. (So nice to receive a card. My mother was big on sending cards for all occasions and people just don't send them much any more.)
I also got a really nice leaf shaped bowl (reminds me of our story that was written about "The Last Leaf"), a garnet towel (go, Gamecocks!) tied with black and gold ribbon, M&Ms and Snickers, and seeds that I totally love:
Cosmos Sensation Picotee
Creeping Gloxinia
Eggplant Rosa Bianca.

Thanks so much, Beth. I am just now finishing up getting my things together for my talk tomorrow so it has been a long day. Now to hope the projector, my laptop, etc. all behave tomorrow. ;-)

Your package was a great break from the day of "work."

Jeanne

o

It's after midnight here on the east coast and things are likely to be busy in the morning before I go to give my talk so here are the Bingo words for Thursday.
Sack
Tackle

I found this as a football joke. Hope you enjoy it.

A guy took his girlfriend to her first football game. Afterwards, he asked her how she liked the game. “I liked it, but I couldn’t understand why they were killing each other for 25 cents,” She said. “What do you mean?” he asked. “Well, everyone kept yelling, “Get the quarter back!’”

I don't see that anyone has Bingo yet, so we keep going.
Jeanne

o

Shirley, just found packages at the front door and yours is one of them.....early arrival!!!! I am out the door....I will open and post later on today.

Rain is in Southern California....so nice!

Happy Day !

Annie

o

My Master Gardener talk went well and I hope I pursuaded a few more people to try winter sowing. I love doing it! One of the members brought these flowers from her home for the refreshment table and I got to take them home. How much more cheerful can flowers be!
Jeanne

o

beautiful! What are they?

o

Our local football team is going to State next Tuesday.

Today it's snowing and blowing, but we're only supposed to get a bit of snow. Supposed to drop to 12 degrees tonight. Let the stratification begin!!!!

Heidi

o

Beth, the yellow flowers are cassia. I've never grown them, but I sure am tempted to do that now!

Bingo words:
Referee
Cheerleader

Football Quote:
"Lads, you're not to miss practice unless your parents died or you died." - Frank Leahy

And here's where we are with the swap:
Beth will send to Jeanne (received)
Jeanne will send to Michelle (received)
Michelle will send to Jayeanne (received)
Jayeanne will send to Peggy
Shirley will send to Annie (received)
Annie mailed to Beth

I hope I didn't miss any postings about sent and received, but if I did, just let me know and I'll have it in the updated version.

Enjoy your day!
Jeanne

o

Hi Jeanne!

There are a couple updates I would like to add -

Peggy - I checked your tracking # and its still on its way **sigh** I thought you would have had it by now, but i sure hope its worth the wait when you receive it =) Everyone here loves football so we had lots of fun getting that ready! LOL

and Jeanne - As of today i have not received my package from Michelle, but she did contact me for info. I see where you have that marked as (received). Will post just as soon as i receive it =)

Jayeanne

o

So sorry, I did not get on to post last night. Came home to alot more rain than we had anticipated......some cleanup was in order!!!! No complaints....the rain was so very welcome!!! Our meter shows 4 inches of rain...glorious! Even the pool was happy as it was overflowing...LOL!

I finally got around to opening packages late last night. I did not even pour a glass of vino. I just got down to business...LOL!

Shirley, what a fun FOTESS Football In The Garden package you sent my way.....
Here we go......

*a very nice note
*a beautiful handmade ND (Notre Dame) card.....
*a handmade GREEN "SHAMROCK" pin with BLUE and GOLD ribbons...love this!! It goes beautifully with my NOTRE DAME sweatshirt...wearing it now!
*MariGOLD (gold for one of ND official colors) "Red Marietta" seeds
*Two BLUE bowls...chuckle, chuckle! These are from Shirleys private collection and they have been santitized....LOL! LOL! LOL!.
*Three Redenbacher popcorns
*Pretzels
*Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Mix

Shirley mentioned in her note that she used to have a recipe for "Hidden Valley Popcorn" where she mixed the popcorn, pretzels and Hidden Valley mix and baked it. This rings a bell in my brain. I am going to try this!
Yes, Shirley, your FOOTBALL IN THE GARDEN for Annie, absoloutley followed The FOTESS theme of upcycling and recycling. I love it all! Very clever, as usual!

Thanks so much !!

Annie

o

Annie, that sounds like a great package you received from Shirley. Wow, 4 inches of rain! Jayanne, sorry about the incorrect posting with you having received. I'll bet I read that you received your swap package on another group that we are both members of and got confused. (That happens pretty easily these days!)

Updated:
Michelle will send to Jayeanne
Jayeanne mailed to Peggy
Annie mailed to Beth

Jeanne

o

Jayeanne, I am patiently waiting. : )
Shirley, Daughter is mailing your box today.. sorry for the delay.. I hope Michigan isn't a long transport from Central Wa but there are a lot of miles between here and there.
I am a long way from ..... BINGO ; (
Seahawks have been doing well.. hope they can keep this up... would like to see them go .... all the way to the Superbowl...
Still having record lows here ... hoses are freezing up so we have to drain them nightly in order to water the horses and cows.
Hope you all have a fun football weekend. Peggy

o

hello
I mailed earlyer this week, should be there soon.
michelle

o

Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 18:39

Hi Everyone!
Peggy, got your email. I'll be watching for the package. Not sure how long it will take. Annie's package, going to CA, wasn't supposed to be there until the 25th, but is already there, so it might not take long to come from WA!

Annie, glad you liked the package. It all sort of fell together, well, except for the bowls. Who knew finding a bowl could be that hard?

I've got tons of shopping to do over the weekend, not my favorite thing to do. Hopefully, I will have enough ambition to get it all done tomorrow and have Sunday free!

Jeanne, how did your WS talk go? Let us know!

Gotta go see if the Woofs play tonight,
Talk to ya all later!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 18:42

o

Good Morning!
I drew Bingo words and looked at the lists, taking into consideration the words I drew today. I think everyone has 2-4 words left to be picked after these 2 are marked off so we should have a winner soon.

Today's words are:
Helmet
Heisman Trophy

Quote for Today:
In life, as in football, you won't go far unless you know where the goalposts are.
- Arnold H. Glasow

We had a really nice day yesterday. I wish I had been outside more. it's supposed to turn cold again and some rain is supposed to move in. Right now it looks nice outside so who knows.

The Gamecocks play football today, but it's only pay-per-view (which we don't have) so I won't get to watch. Maybe I'll listen to it on the radio and get some sewing done at the same time.

Have a great day.
Jeanne

o

My package from Annie arrived yesterday and it was a bright spot in a rainy day
Annie sent a cute snack dish (bowl) and mug set in Cardinal red and white. I like the size of both and expect to use them often. Also wrapped in red and white tissue were my snack, beer nuts ( one of Jack's favorites) seed packs for flea bane daisy, salvia splendens, rose campion and rainbow chard. These are all ones I will definately be using. Thanks
And, for in my mug, green tea. Definately a nice pick up for a cool rainy day.
Thankful for family and friends and also for the rain. Drought here has been bad for several years and contributed to the deaths of the firefighters this past summer. WE have 1.5 inches so far and for here in the desert that is great. I lost plants this past summer that have been doing well the past three years. This summer was just too hot and dry\
Thanks to Jeanne for hostesing and to Annie for being a swell swap partner.

o

I received my wonderful package from Michelle yesterday but am just now getting a chance to post, sorry about that Michelle. Inside was a beautiful crimson red Christmas card (my first Christmas Card!!) 2 hand made crocheted "A" red and white, they are beautiful. hand cream, hand sanitizer and holder, some M&Ms (they are gone, lol) candy canes, red white Christmas trinkets and some seeds...Salvia lady in red and coral nymph, coreopsis dwarf red, hopi red amaranth, and marigold snowball. (i have been looking for that one all summer, LOL!) thank you so much Michelle for everything! I sure appreciate it.
Jayeanne

o

Jeanne

LOL forgot to mention in previous post, No problem at all and i figured that is probably what happened, lol. I should have just waited anyways I rec'd her wonderful package in yesterdays mail. lol. (our mail doesnt go till late sometimes 5:30)

thank you again Michelle =)

and Peggy... thanks for being so patient =) lmk if you want your tracking number ...

Jayeanne

o

We ended up getting a couple of inches of snow today - it is starting to look like winter today.

Those are beautiful cheerful flowers Jeanne!

Mandy

o

Today's Bingo words are:
mascot
time of possession

Check your lists, but I believe we keep going!

What a treat to listen to the Gamecocks play the Chanticleers yesterday. The score was 70 - 10, in our favor! I followed my plan and listed to it on the radio while I sewed quilt blocks.

Several significant things:
Starting quarterback Connor Shaw became the Gamecock's all-time "winningest quarterback."
USC scored the most points in a single game with Steve Spurrier as coach
The Gamecocks at-home winning streak increased to 17 games and it's the longest current home winning streak in the country.
This game also broke the Gamecocks record for the number of wins in a 4 year period (it's now 40)
... and it probably broke a few more records as well... LOL

Anyway, a great day for the team.

Football Quote:
The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your problems, block your fears, and score your points when you get the opportunity.
- Lewis Grizzard

And now for an update on our swapping...

Michelle will send to Jayeanne (received)
Jayeanne mailed to Peggy
Peggy mailed to Shirley
Annie mailed to Beth (received)

We are close to having things wrapped up!
Have a great day.
Jeanne

o

Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 13:09

Hi Everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend. Mine is good, in a way, I got lots of shopping done and errands run yesterday. However, I LOATH shopping in stores, so that was a bummer!

Jeanne, glad your team won! And, didn't Steve Spurrier play in the NFL?

Advance warning!
I'll be posting the December FOTESS swap either next Sunday or when this swap is completed, whichever comes first!

Mandy, nice to hear from you!

Have a great Sunday,
Shirley!

o

Good morning! I drew the Bingo words for today and they are:
Pass Interference
Onside Kick

The good news is that we have BINGO. The other part of the news is EVERYONE who is playing got Bingo today. Hmmm.... what to do... I guess we go into overtime. Let me think of an overtime game and then we'll see who is the winner. I'll post again later today.

Congratulations to all the Bingo players!

The overtime part of the game will be something we can wrap up in a day or two so people can move on to Thanksgiving travel and preparations.

Jeanne

o

BINGO!!

Jayeanne

o

Congratulations, Jayeanne! However, if you read the rest of my post, everyone who was playing BINGO got BINGO today. Oh, my - I guess that's because of the short list of words to begin with and picking two words a day.
Keep reading for our OVERTIME...

Football Quote:
A coach poked fun at a challenging team by saying that a fire at that team's football dorm burned 20 books at the university. He added, "But the real tragedy was that fifteen hadn't been colored yet!"

Everyone who was playing Bingo is welcome to continue to compete in OVERTIME.
I need your entries by the middle of the day Wed. and actually the sooner, the better. I hope we don't need to go into double overtime (the Gamecocks did earlier this year...)

What you will do is to e-mail me a list of 2 (TWO) of the football Bingo words that were posted on Nov. 1. You can see the list above.
The words you send to me can be any 2. They do not have to be ones you originally had on your list. Each item number is a "word" so if you pick 9. Possession, it is one word. If you pick 10. Hail Mary, it is counted as one word even though it's actually 2 words. Send the words to me because I don't want there to be confusion over the numbers. (I'm not suggesting you choose these, but if you did Possession and Hail Mary could be your 2 word choice.)

On Wed, (or sooner if I get them sooner), I will match the letters in your words with a "secret list" that I have already prepared of the nicknames of college football teams and whoever matches up the most letters with the ones on my list will be the winner. If there is no winner from that game, it will go into double overtime. Oh, my....

You don't have to know any college football team nicknames in order to play. I've selected them, but just so you will know what I am using, it's the name the team gets called and not the name of the university. For example, the University of South Carolina football team gets called the "Gamecocks."

I hope that's clear ... and I hope this gets us a winner.
I tried to pick something for the overtime game that did not require you to do any research or that gave an advantage to someone who saw what I posted sooner than someone else.

Good luck!
Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 12:30

o

LOL Jeanne! When i saw that word called i immediately posted bingo, then went back to finish reading, ha ha ha.....

I emailed my 2 words to you, hope you are enjoying your week...

Jayeanne

o

Jayeanne... TOUCHDOWN!!!! Package arrived today! It was really a treasure trove of SEAHAWK goodies. The candy was PASSED around to my family TEAM MATES and we all celebrated the awesome SCORE on the milk duds and whoppers.. our favorite FOOTBALL SNACKS! We will plaster our car windows with the stickers and use the FOOTBOWL for many GAMES to come. The SEAHAWK GARDEN KNOME will have a permanent SEAT IN THE BLEACHERS located on the UPPER LEVEL of the entertainment center. Finally the SEAHAWK lanyard will be worn for every GAME. I will attach a WHISTLE and BLOW IT for any and all occasions.. (1ST DOWNS, TOUCHDOWNS, INTERCEPTIONS) for as long as my fellow homies will allow.

Thank you for your thoughtful gifting.. It is a LONG PASS from Rhode Island to WASHINGTON State... but well worth the wait. Regards... Peggy

o

Peggy, what a wonderful package you received... and what a wonderful commentary!

So far Jayeanne and Mandy have lined up for overtime.
Is anyone else going to play? Please get your words to me by the middle of the day on Wed. because I will announce the winner then... or sooner if I have words from all the players before then.

It's cold and rainy here, but that's okay. I worry about the Thanksgiving travelers. I hope it's not as bad in some parts of the country as they have predicted.

Jeanne

o

Hey Peggy!!

LOL i just LOVE your 'creative note'! I read that to the girls and they just loved it! So happy you are pleased with your package, when i saw the gnome i couldn't resist, lol. (he fit in so perfect with the football gardening ha ha) Sorry in the delay of responding I left early this morning to finish up shopping to come home to no water. Our pump went out in the well, the guy is still here working on it and we are getting dark here around 4:30 now. **sigh** Not real sure what all is wrong I just know we need water, lol and told him to just go ahead and fix what needed to be done so we have water again. I really hope he gets it fixed shortly....the storms are brewing .... Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving =)

Jayeanne

o

Jayeanne, I am glad that you and your girls enjoyed my commentary... it was fun to do.

Shirley, per tracking your package is in Allen Park, MI... Hope that means that it will be delivered soon. Thank you for your patience.

We are still in a bit of a cold snap for Nov... no snow just temps in the single teens at night.... it has been creeping up from the single digits...woohoo!! Day temps aren't too bad.... mid 40's. However, the clear bright sunshine deceives us into thinking...it looks nice...... but boy is it cold! Peggy

o

Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 17:50

Peggy, it should be here tomorrow, Allen Park is just north of me.

Jeanne, I'm fighting off another bout of the flu, this is getting stupid. Been sleeping when not working, feeling worse from the meds than the flu or whatever it is.
Good luck to all in the final prize. Back to bed,
Shirley
Shirley

o

Jeanne, have been gone for a few days...just reading all of the above. I will be emailing my two words tonight.

BINGO Overtime...I love it!

Annie

o

Sorry to be so late doing this. The score was very close on overtime Bingo, but our winner is..... MANDY!

Congratulations, Mandy. I'll get your prize out by Monday if not sooner.
Thanks to everyone for playing the games.

The team nicknames that I had on my list were:
Owls (Rice)
Chanticleers (Coastal Carolina)
Wolfpack (NC State)
Ducks (Oregon)
Huskies (Connecticut)

We were matching the team nickname (what is not in parenthesis) and not the name of the school.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Shirley, get well soon. I'll wait to make sure you get your swap before closing this out. I'll bet it arrived today!

Jeanne

o

Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 20:53

Jeanne, yes, my wonderful package arrived today, however, I just got up to get more mortrin, am going right back to bed, will post contents in the morning.

Peggy, it was wonderful. How thoughtful and generous!

sucking down motrin and heading back up the steps,
Shirley

o

Thank you Jeanne! Happy Thanksgiving everyone... I'm looking forward to enjoying some time with my family, and staying inside, and out of the snow.

Feel better Shirley! It's hard to be sick, but especially around the holidays.

Mandy

This post was edited by l1oness on Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 21:02

o

Thu, Nov 28, 13 at 7:54

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving!
Got a good nite's rest, feeling lots better, which is a good thing considering everything I have to do today!

I got a seriously great "Football in the Garden" package from Peggy yesterday. Lots of munchies to snack on while I'm screaming and yelling at the Woof's Coach, umm, I mean while I'm quietly watching the game! Peggy sent a Summer Sausage, two fruit bars that look really good, a jar of Octoberfest mustard, did you make this? She also sent a box of chocolate turtles, one of my favorites! I got a tube of Jergens lotion, didn't know they still made Jergens. And for the garden, a tall, green tin frog, who will go out with all the rest of my frog family in the Spring, you nailed that one, Peggy! And lastly, for my team, a beautiful grey and blue scarf, Peggy this is great! I'll wear it a lot, even when I'm not watching the NBA!
Thank you so much for everything, Peggy, I love it all!
Off to do more cleaning!
Shirley!

o

Happy Thankful Thanksgiving Everyone!

Shirley, I am glad to hear that you are feeling some better... hope you continue on the road to recovery.

The mustard is home made. I hope you like it. It was from the Ball Blue Book Recipe. You can stir in a bit of honey after opening if you find it a bit tart. The candy bars are from a company in Cashmere WA that is a bit famous locally for it's "Applets and Cotlets" It made me smile to hear that the "old green frog" will join a new Frog Family in your garden.

Hope the day brings everyone that peaceful easy full feeling. I am counting my blessings and reflecting back to family, friends and (of course) food :) . Peggy

o

Shirley.....today is not the best day to feel lousy. Glad you feel better!

Mandy...congrats on BINGO!!!!!

Octoberfest Mustard....Peggy, now that sounds good. I will be checking that recipe out.

Jeanne, once again, another fun swap. South Carolina and Clemson on Saturday....should be a great game!!! Do you ever go to games when SC is at home?

To all, a very Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!!

Annie

o

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Our swaps are complete. What wonderful things were sent and received. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. My daughter and her husband will be here to have dinner with us and are staying through the weekend. They will be going to the Carolina-Clemson game. We'll watch on TV.

Annie, I went to some games in person back when I was in law school and have been a few times for the Spring game where the team plays against each other. I'm not sure I've been to a regular game for a long, long time. Everyone tends to get there about 4 hours before the game starts to tailgate and between that, the crowds, the traffic, and the length of the game, it's a bit much. I would like to go again one day though when I'm feeling better. Most of the time the TV coverage suits me pretty well!

Jeanne

o

Fri, Nov 29, 13 at 17:24

Hi Everyone! Happy Day After!

Jeanne, this was a great idea, lots of fun, well, unless you consider that the Woofs have slipped down to 10th place. That is not fun. But this swap was!

I'll be posting the December Fotess Swap as soon as I get Thanksgiving out of the way. Probably Sunday nite as soon as everyone leaves. It's all set up and ready to go, we'll be celebrating the Winter Solstice Season, so get ready!

Talk to ya all later,
Shirley!

o

Jeanne, South Carolina...nice win yesterday!! I used to go to Notred Dame / USC games every other year when ND was out here playing. The tailgating is a blast and I love the games but it became so much work once it was time to get to your seat. Of course, major changes after 9-11. The last time I went to a ND/USC game (after 9-11), after tailgating for several hours, we headed in to the stadium an hour and a half hour prior to kickoff and did not get to our seats until halftime. I am very BIG on security but decided tiz better to watch on TV...LOL!

Jayeanne, your Crimsin Tide.....are you OK after that devastating loss yesterday? Great game...but that final second......oh my!!!

And my beloved Fighting Irish.....they lost, of course, to Stanford, which I expected would happen. However, Stanford did not blow them away. Final 27-20. Turnovers, turnovers, get ya everytime!!

Jeanne, thanks again for Football In The Garden...FUN! The FOTESSERS, great group!

Happy Sunday!!

Annie

o

Mandy, I mailed your Bingo prize today. Thanks for playing the game and following through into overtime!

Annie, thanks for the comments on the Gamecocks winning over Clemson. A long tradition of those two teams playing and we have lost more times than Clemson, but so happy for the win - especially for the players who had that as their last home game. Now we'll see what happens with bowl games.

I had a great Thanksgving weekend and hope everyone else did, too! We celebrated Christmas with my younger daughter and her husband while they were here. That was a very early Christmas... and you can bet I was rushing around to get my Christmas shopping finished.

Happy December Holidays, everyone!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne - I received the BINGO prize and wanted to send you a thank you! I love the cocoa, and the napkins with footballs are fun. Have a great December, and let's get into the Solstice season!

Mandy

o

Whhhoohooo!!! OK and OSU game was one of the best I've watched in years!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here