Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

new: fotess swap for november

sandlapper_rose
10 years ago

FOTESS November Swap: Football in the Garden

Please note: FOTESS requires that you be a member of the group. If you are not already a member, please contact me (Jeanne) or Shirley.

I didn't follow football much at all until my younger daughter went to college and she and her husband continue to be serious fans of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. Of course, it helps that I can now watch most of the games because we now have a satellite dish! Following football is a new thing for me so I'll do the best I can with whatever game we play. Whether you sign up to swap or not, all team members are welcome to play the game (or games if I think of more than one...)

Now, what kind of theme is Football in the Garden?

If you sign up here's what you will send:
1. A bowl (suggestive of "bowl games" - just a small and inexpensive one from the Dollar Store or similar)
2. Some snacks to eat while watching football (buy or bake something, simple is fine, even a package of popcorn to pop or how about watch for the Halloween treats to be marked down...)
3. Something with the person's favorite team colors (if they have a favorite team - you can do this with ribbon or yarn tied around one of the items - it doesn't need to be complicated)
4. Something relating to the garden (a packet or two of seeds, an autumn plant poke, a miniature scarecrow, a handmade or bought card, a bookmark, or any clever thing you think of)

Christmas - hectic and expensive - is ahead, so please make this a small, inexpensive package. We all know how it is around this time of the year. Creativity is always welcome. I'll be focusing on football in pulling together a game or two for us to play. Also, if you have a favorite team, please list it when you sign up and what the team colors are.

Mail out by November 18th.

I'm signing up, of course.
Jeanne (University of South Carlina Gamecocks, Garnet and Black)

Comments (111)

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hello
    I got a long pass from jeanne today.
    in my football box was....
    little debbies football brownies, once the boys saw theses I didnt have a chance.
    horse buttons
    blue gardening gloves
    orange sugar pumpkins
    football plates and napkins.
    and a hand made bronco's card

thanks jeanna

by the way the bronco's won their game against the KC chiefs yesterday. GO BRONCO'S

ps my box is going out tomorrow.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad you (and the boys) liked your package, Michelle. Glad your team won as well.

Here are the football Bingo words:
    play clock
    fair catch

And here's our quote:
    "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards," he said. "Whichever comes first."
    - George Rogers

I have a meeting to get ready for this morning so that's all for now!
    Jeanne

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

I love, love, LOVE the quotes! They make me smile and think, depending on the quote. So encouraging.

I wonder if blood pressure medication is prescribed most often during football season.

Heidi

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Beth, my tracking shows the "store delivery" part of the swap arrived yesterday at your home. I hope you were a good girl and followed my instructions to not open it up...LOL!!! I am mailing the other part this afternoon.

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• canfan
    10 years ago

Shirley.... I was able to get out and do some shopping today and have your ss (swapstuff) together... looking for a good mailing receptacle, though... hope to be able to get it in the mail in the next day or so. Today was a beautiful sunny day.. but this too shall pass. Peggy

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Good Morning!
    Sounds good to me, Peggy!
    Our day turned out sunny and bright, and really wasn't that cold, but like you, I know it will change, especially here in Michgan.
    Went to bed early last night, don't know if the Woofs won or not, should probably go check that out. But wait!! Did they even play? I'm a little off track here!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Football words for the day:
    Goal post
    Horse collar

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the quotes. I worried a litte about whether I could find enough to keep us going to the end of Bingo... I think we'll make it! This one today comes from a heading of college football jokes, so I don't know if it's accurate.

âÂÂHe doesnâÂÂt know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesnâÂÂt know the meaning of a lot of words.âÂÂ
    - Urban Meyer (talking about one of his players)

I will provide a list of who has sent and who has received in a day or so. I have to give a talk on winter sowing to my Master Gardener group tomorrow so that's what I'll be working on today. Wish me luck!

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Jeanne, yes, I would wager a bet that Urban Meyer said that.

Good luck with your talk to the Master Gardener group....

Beth, the other part of your FOOTBALL IN THE GARDEN was sent out late yesterday afternoon. Please let me know that you received the "store delivery" this past Monday. Tracking says they delivered.

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received my package from Beth today.
    It's wonderful, Beth. My husband and I have already sampled the candy!

Beth sent a Thanksgiving card. (So nice to receive a card. My mother was big on sending cards for all occasions and people just don't send them much any more.)
    I also got a really nice leaf shaped bowl (reminds me of our story that was written about "The Last Leaf"), a garnet towel (go, Gamecocks!) tied with black and gold ribbon, M&Ms and Snickers, and seeds that I totally love:
    Cosmos Sensation Picotee
    Creeping Gloxinia
    Eggplant Rosa Bianca.

Thanks so much, Beth. I am just now finishing up getting my things together for my talk tomorrow so it has been a long day. Now to hope the projector, my laptop, etc. all behave tomorrow. ;-)

Your package was a great break from the day of "work."

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's after midnight here on the east coast and things are likely to be busy in the morning before I go to give my talk so here are the Bingo words for Thursday.
    Sack
    Tackle

I found this as a football joke. Hope you enjoy it.

A guy took his girlfriend to her first football game. Afterwards, he asked her how she liked the game. âÂÂI liked it, but I couldnâÂÂt understand why they were killing each other for 25 cents,â She said. âÂÂWhat do you mean?â he asked. âÂÂWell, everyone kept yelling, âÂÂGet the quarter back!âÂÂâÂÂ

I don't see that anyone has Bingo yet, so we keep going.
    Jeanne

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Shirley, just found packages at the front door and yours is one of them.....early arrival!!!! I am out the door....I will open and post later on today.

Rain is in Southern California....so nice!

Happy Day !

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My Master Gardener talk went well and I hope I pursuaded a few more people to try winter sowing. I love doing it! One of the members brought these flowers from her home for the refreshment table and I got to take them home. How much more cheerful can flowers be!
    Jeanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

beautiful! What are they?

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

Our local football team is going to State next Tuesday.

Today it's snowing and blowing, but we're only supposed to get a bit of snow. Supposed to drop to 12 degrees tonight. Let the stratification begin!!!!

Heidi

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beth, the yellow flowers are cassia. I've never grown them, but I sure am tempted to do that now!

Bingo words:
    Referee
    Cheerleader

Football Quote:
    "Lads, you're not to miss practice unless your parents died or you died." - Frank Leahy

And here's where we are with the swap:
    Beth will send to Jeanne (received)
    Jeanne will send to Michelle (received)
    Michelle will send to Jayeanne (received)
    Jayeanne will send to Peggy
    Peggy will send to Shirley
    Shirley will send to Annie (received)
    Annie mailed to Beth

I hope I didn't miss any postings about sent and received, but if I did, just let me know and I'll have it in the updated version.

Enjoy your day!
    Jeanne

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Hi Jeanne!

There are a couple updates I would like to add -

Peggy - I checked your tracking # and its still on its way **sigh** I thought you would have had it by now, but i sure hope its worth the wait when you receive it =) Everyone here loves football so we had lots of fun getting that ready! LOL

and Jeanne - As of today i have not received my package from Michelle, but she did contact me for info. I see where you have that marked as (received). Will post just as soon as i receive it =)

Jayeanne

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

So sorry, I did not get on to post last night. Came home to alot more rain than we had anticipated......some cleanup was in order!!!! No complaints....the rain was so very welcome!!! Our meter shows 4 inches of rain...glorious! Even the pool was happy as it was overflowing...LOL!

I finally got around to opening packages late last night. I did not even pour a glass of vino. I just got down to business...LOL!

Shirley, what a fun FOTESS Football In The Garden package you sent my way.....
    Here we go......

*a very nice note
    *a beautiful handmade ND (Notre Dame) card.....
    *a handmade GREEN "SHAMROCK" pin with BLUE and GOLD ribbons...love this!! It goes beautifully with my NOTRE DAME sweatshirt...wearing it now!
    *MariGOLD (gold for one of ND official colors) "Red Marietta" seeds
    *Two BLUE bowls...chuckle, chuckle! These are from Shirleys private collection and they have been santitized....LOL! LOL! LOL!.
    *Three Redenbacher popcorns
    *Pretzels
    *Hidden Valley Dry Ranch Mix

Shirley mentioned in her note that she used to have a recipe for "Hidden Valley Popcorn" where she mixed the popcorn, pretzels and Hidden Valley mix and baked it. This rings a bell in my brain. I am going to try this!
    Yes, Shirley, your FOOTBALL IN THE GARDEN for Annie, absoloutley followed The FOTESS theme of upcycling and recycling. I love it all! Very clever, as usual!

Thanks so much !!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Annie, that sounds like a great package you received from Shirley. Wow, 4 inches of rain! Jayanne, sorry about the incorrect posting with you having received. I'll bet I read that you received your swap package on another group that we are both members of and got confused. (That happens pretty easily these days!)

Updated:
    Michelle will send to Jayeanne
    Jayeanne mailed to Peggy
    Peggy will send to Shirley
    Annie mailed to Beth

Jeanne

• canfan
    10 years ago

Jayeanne, I am patiently waiting. : )
    Shirley, Daughter is mailing your box today.. sorry for the delay.. I hope Michigan isn't a long transport from Central Wa but there are a lot of miles between here and there.
    I am a long way from ..... BINGO ; (
    Seahawks have been doing well.. hope they can keep this up... would like to see them go .... all the way to the Superbowl...
    Still having record lows here ... hoses are freezing up so we have to drain them nightly in order to water the horses and cows.
    Hope you all have a fun football weekend. Peggy

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hello
    I mailed earlyer this week, should be there soon.
    michelle

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    Peggy, got your email. I'll be watching for the package. Not sure how long it will take. Annie's package, going to CA, wasn't supposed to be there until the 25th, but is already there, so it might not take long to come from WA!

Annie, glad you liked the package. It all sort of fell together, well, except for the bowls. Who knew finding a bowl could be that hard?

I've got tons of shopping to do over the weekend, not my favorite thing to do. Hopefully, I will have enough ambition to get it all done tomorrow and have Sunday free!

Jeanne, how did your WS talk go? Let us know!

Gotta go see if the Woofs play tonight,
    Talk to ya all later!
    Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Fri, Nov 22, 13 at 18:42

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good Morning!
    I drew Bingo words and looked at the lists, taking into consideration the words I drew today. I think everyone has 2-4 words left to be picked after these 2 are marked off so we should have a winner soon.

Today's words are:
    Helmet
    Heisman Trophy

Quote for Today:
    In life, as in football, you won't go far unless you know where the goalposts are.
    - Arnold H. Glasow

We had a really nice day yesterday. I wish I had been outside more. it's supposed to turn cold again and some rain is supposed to move in. Right now it looks nice outside so who knows.

The Gamecocks play football today, but it's only pay-per-view (which we don't have) so I won't get to watch. Maybe I'll listen to it on the radio and get some sewing done at the same time.

Have a great day.
    Jeanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

My package from Annie arrived yesterday and it was a bright spot in a rainy day
    Annie sent a cute snack dish (bowl) and mug set in Cardinal red and white. I like the size of both and expect to use them often. Also wrapped in red and white tissue were my snack, beer nuts ( one of Jack's favorites) seed packs for flea bane daisy, salvia splendens, rose campion and rainbow chard. These are all ones I will definately be using. Thanks
    And, for in my mug, green tea. Definately a nice pick up for a cool rainy day.
    Thankful for family and friends and also for the rain. Drought here has been bad for several years and contributed to the deaths of the firefighters this past summer. WE have 1.5 inches so far and for here in the desert that is great. I lost plants this past summer that have been doing well the past three years. This summer was just too hot and dry\
    Thanks to Jeanne for hostesing and to Annie for being a swell swap partner.

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

I received my wonderful package from Michelle yesterday but am just now getting a chance to post, sorry about that Michelle. Inside was a beautiful crimson red Christmas card (my first Christmas Card!!) 2 hand made crocheted "A" red and white, they are beautiful. hand cream, hand sanitizer and holder, some M&Ms (they are gone, lol) candy canes, red white Christmas trinkets and some seeds...Salvia lady in red and coral nymph, coreopsis dwarf red, hopi red amaranth, and marigold snowball. (i have been looking for that one all summer, LOL!) thank you so much Michelle for everything! I sure appreciate it.
    Jayeanne

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Jeanne

LOL forgot to mention in previous post, No problem at all and i figured that is probably what happened, lol. I should have just waited anyways I rec'd her wonderful package in yesterdays mail. lol. (our mail doesnt go till late sometimes 5:30)

thank you again Michelle =)

and Peggy... thanks for being so patient =) lmk if you want your tracking number ...

Jayeanne

• l1oness
    10 years ago

We ended up getting a couple of inches of snow today - it is starting to look like winter today.

Those are beautiful cheerful flowers Jeanne!

Mandy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Today's Bingo words are:
    mascot
    time of possession

Check your lists, but I believe we keep going!

What a treat to listen to the Gamecocks play the Chanticleers yesterday. The score was 70 - 10, in our favor! I followed my plan and listed to it on the radio while I sewed quilt blocks.

Several significant things:
    Starting quarterback Connor Shaw became the Gamecock's all-time "winningest quarterback."
    USC scored the most points in a single game with Steve Spurrier as coach
    The Gamecocks at-home winning streak increased to 17 games and it's the longest current home winning streak in the country.
    This game also broke the Gamecocks record for the number of wins in a 4 year period (it's now 40)
    ... and it probably broke a few more records as well... LOL

Anyway, a great day for the team.

Football Quote:
    The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your problems, block your fears, and score your points when you get the opportunity.
    - Lewis Grizzard

And now for an update on our swapping...

Michelle will send to Jayeanne (received)
    Jayeanne mailed to Peggy
    Peggy mailed to Shirley
    Annie mailed to Beth (received)

We are close to having things wrapped up!
    Have a great day.
    Jeanne

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend. Mine is good, in a way, I got lots of shopping done and errands run yesterday. However, I LOATH shopping in stores, so that was a bummer!

Jeanne, glad your team won! And, didn't Steve Spurrier play in the NFL?

Advance warning!
    I'll be posting the December FOTESS swap either next Sunday or when this swap is completed, whichever comes first!

Mandy, nice to hear from you!

Have a great Sunday,
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good morning! I drew the Bingo words for today and they are:
    Pass Interference
    Onside Kick

The good news is that we have BINGO. The other part of the news is EVERYONE who is playing got Bingo today. Hmmm.... what to do... I guess we go into overtime. Let me think of an overtime game and then we'll see who is the winner. I'll post again later today.

Congratulations to all the Bingo players!

The overtime part of the game will be something we can wrap up in a day or two so people can move on to Thanksgiving travel and preparations.

Jeanne

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

BINGO!!

Jayeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Congratulations, Jayeanne! However, if you read the rest of my post, everyone who was playing BINGO got BINGO today. Oh, my - I guess that's because of the short list of words to begin with and picking two words a day.
    Keep reading for our OVERTIME...

Football Quote:
    A coach poked fun at a challenging team by saying that a fire at that team's football dorm burned 20 books at the university. He added, "But the real tragedy was that fifteen hadn't been colored yet!"

Everyone who was playing Bingo is welcome to continue to compete in OVERTIME.
    I need your entries by the middle of the day Wed. and actually the sooner, the better. I hope we don't need to go into double overtime (the Gamecocks did earlier this year...)

What you will do is to e-mail me a list of 2 (TWO) of the football Bingo words that were posted on Nov. 1. You can see the list above.
    The words you send to me can be any 2. They do not have to be ones you originally had on your list. Each item number is a "word" so if you pick 9. Possession, it is one word. If you pick 10. Hail Mary, it is counted as one word even though it's actually 2 words. Send the words to me because I don't want there to be confusion over the numbers. (I'm not suggesting you choose these, but if you did Possession and Hail Mary could be your 2 word choice.)

On Wed, (or sooner if I get them sooner), I will match the letters in your words with a "secret list" that I have already prepared of the nicknames of college football teams and whoever matches up the most letters with the ones on my list will be the winner. If there is no winner from that game, it will go into double overtime. Oh, my....

You don't have to know any college football team nicknames in order to play. I've selected them, but just so you will know what I am using, it's the name the team gets called and not the name of the university. For example, the University of South Carolina football team gets called the "Gamecocks."

I hope that's clear ... and I hope this gets us a winner.
    I tried to pick something for the overtime game that did not require you to do any research or that gave an advantage to someone who saw what I posted sooner than someone else.

Good luck!
    Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Mon, Nov 25, 13 at 12:30

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

LOL Jeanne! When i saw that word called i immediately posted bingo, then went back to finish reading, ha ha ha.....

I emailed my 2 words to you, hope you are enjoying your week...

Jayeanne

• canfan
    10 years ago

Jayeanne... TOUCHDOWN!!!! Package arrived today! It was really a treasure trove of SEAHAWK goodies. The candy was PASSED around to my family TEAM MATES and we all celebrated the awesome SCORE on the milk duds and whoppers.. our favorite FOOTBALL SNACKS! We will plaster our car windows with the stickers and use the FOOTBOWL for many GAMES to come. The SEAHAWK GARDEN KNOME will have a permanent SEAT IN THE BLEACHERS located on the UPPER LEVEL of the entertainment center. Finally the SEAHAWK lanyard will be worn for every GAME. I will attach a WHISTLE and BLOW IT for any and all occasions.. (1ST DOWNS, TOUCHDOWNS, INTERCEPTIONS) for as long as my fellow homies will allow.

Thank you for your thoughtful gifting.. It is a LONG PASS from Rhode Island to WASHINGTON State... but well worth the wait. Regards... Peggy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Peggy, what a wonderful package you received... and what a wonderful commentary!

So far Jayeanne and Mandy have lined up for overtime.
    Is anyone else going to play? Please get your words to me by the middle of the day on Wed. because I will announce the winner then... or sooner if I have words from all the players before then.

It's cold and rainy here, but that's okay. I worry about the Thanksgiving travelers. I hope it's not as bad in some parts of the country as they have predicted.

Jeanne

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Hey Peggy!!

LOL i just LOVE your 'creative note'! I read that to the girls and they just loved it! So happy you are pleased with your package, when i saw the gnome i couldn't resist, lol. (he fit in so perfect with the football gardening ha ha) Sorry in the delay of responding I left early this morning to finish up shopping to come home to no water. Our pump went out in the well, the guy is still here working on it and we are getting dark here around 4:30 now. **sigh** Not real sure what all is wrong I just know we need water, lol and told him to just go ahead and fix what needed to be done so we have water again. I really hope he gets it fixed shortly....the storms are brewing .... Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving =)

Jayeanne

• canfan
    10 years ago

Jayeanne, I am glad that you and your girls enjoyed my commentary... it was fun to do.

Shirley, per tracking your package is in Allen Park, MI... Hope that means that it will be delivered soon. Thank you for your patience.

We are still in a bit of a cold snap for Nov... no snow just temps in the single teens at night.... it has been creeping up from the single digits...woohoo!! Day temps aren't too bad.... mid 40's. However, the clear bright sunshine deceives us into thinking...it looks nice...... but boy is it cold! Peggy

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Peggy, it should be here tomorrow, Allen Park is just north of me.

Jeanne, I'm fighting off another bout of the flu, this is getting stupid. Been sleeping when not working, feeling worse from the meds than the flu or whatever it is.
    Good luck to all in the final prize. Back to bed,
    Shirley
    Shirley

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Jeanne, have been gone for a few days...just reading all of the above. I will be emailing my two words tonight.

BINGO Overtime...I love it!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry to be so late doing this. The score was very close on overtime Bingo, but our winner is..... MANDY!

Congratulations, Mandy. I'll get your prize out by Monday if not sooner.
    Thanks to everyone for playing the games.

The team nicknames that I had on my list were:
    Owls (Rice)
    Chanticleers (Coastal Carolina)
    Wolfpack (NC State)
    Ducks (Oregon)
    Huskies (Connecticut)

We were matching the team nickname (what is not in parenthesis) and not the name of the school.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Shirley, get well soon. I'll wait to make sure you get your swap before closing this out. I'll bet it arrived today!

Jeanne

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Jeanne, yes, my wonderful package arrived today, however, I just got up to get more mortrin, am going right back to bed, will post contents in the morning.

Peggy, it was wonderful. How thoughtful and generous!

sucking down motrin and heading back up the steps,
    Shirley

• l1oness
    10 years ago

Thank you Jeanne! Happy Thanksgiving everyone... I'm looking forward to enjoying some time with my family, and staying inside, and out of the snow.

Feel better Shirley! It's hard to be sick, but especially around the holidays.

Mandy

This post was edited by l1oness on Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 21:02

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Got a good nite's rest, feeling lots better, which is a good thing considering everything I have to do today!

I got a seriously great "Football in the Garden" package from Peggy yesterday. Lots of munchies to snack on while I'm screaming and yelling at the Woof's Coach, umm, I mean while I'm quietly watching the game! Peggy sent a Summer Sausage, two fruit bars that look really good, a jar of Octoberfest mustard, did you make this? She also sent a box of chocolate turtles, one of my favorites! I got a tube of Jergens lotion, didn't know they still made Jergens. And for the garden, a tall, green tin frog, who will go out with all the rest of my frog family in the Spring, you nailed that one, Peggy! And lastly, for my team, a beautiful grey and blue scarf, Peggy this is great! I'll wear it a lot, even when I'm not watching the NBA!
    Thank you so much for everything, Peggy, I love it all!
    Off to do more cleaning!
    Shirley!

• canfan
    10 years ago

Happy Thankful Thanksgiving Everyone!

Shirley, I am glad to hear that you are feeling some better... hope you continue on the road to recovery.

The mustard is home made. I hope you like it. It was from the Ball Blue Book Recipe. You can stir in a bit of honey after opening if you find it a bit tart. The candy bars are from a company in Cashmere WA that is a bit famous locally for it's "Applets and Cotlets" It made me smile to hear that the "old green frog" will join a new Frog Family in your garden.

Hope the day brings everyone that peaceful easy full feeling. I am counting my blessings and reflecting back to family, friends and (of course) food :) . Peggy

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Shirley.....today is not the best day to feel lousy. Glad you feel better!

Mandy...congrats on BINGO!!!!!

Octoberfest Mustard....Peggy, now that sounds good. I will be checking that recipe out.

Jeanne, once again, another fun swap. South Carolina and Clemson on Saturday....should be a great game!!! Do you ever go to games when SC is at home?

To all, a very Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Our swaps are complete. What wonderful things were sent and received. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. My daughter and her husband will be here to have dinner with us and are staying through the weekend. They will be going to the Carolina-Clemson game. We'll watch on TV.

Annie, I went to some games in person back when I was in law school and have been a few times for the Spring game where the team plays against each other. I'm not sure I've been to a regular game for a long, long time. Everyone tends to get there about 4 hours before the game starts to tailgate and between that, the crowds, the traffic, and the length of the game, it's a bit much. I would like to go again one day though when I'm feeling better. Most of the time the TV coverage suits me pretty well!

Jeanne

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone! Happy Day After!

Jeanne, this was a great idea, lots of fun, well, unless you consider that the Woofs have slipped down to 10th place. That is not fun. But this swap was!

I'll be posting the December Fotess Swap as soon as I get Thanksgiving out of the way. Probably Sunday nite as soon as everyone leaves. It's all set up and ready to go, we'll be celebrating the Winter Solstice Season, so get ready!

Talk to ya all later,
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Jeanne, South Carolina...nice win yesterday!! I used to go to Notred Dame / USC games every other year when ND was out here playing. The tailgating is a blast and I love the games but it became so much work once it was time to get to your seat. Of course, major changes after 9-11. The last time I went to a ND/USC game (after 9-11), after tailgating for several hours, we headed in to the stadium an hour and a half hour prior to kickoff and did not get to our seats until halftime. I am very BIG on security but decided tiz better to watch on TV...LOL!

Jayeanne, your Crimsin Tide.....are you OK after that devastating loss yesterday? Great game...but that final second......oh my!!!

And my beloved Fighting Irish.....they lost, of course, to Stanford, which I expected would happen. However, Stanford did not blow them away. Final 27-20. Turnovers, turnovers, get ya everytime!!

Jeanne, thanks again for Football In The Garden...FUN! The FOTESSERS, great group!

Happy Sunday!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mandy, I mailed your Bingo prize today. Thanks for playing the game and following through into overtime!

Annie, thanks for the comments on the Gamecocks winning over Clemson. A long tradition of those two teams playing and we have lost more times than Clemson, but so happy for the win - especially for the players who had that as their last home game. Now we'll see what happens with bowl games.

I had a great Thanksgving weekend and hope everyone else did, too! We celebrated Christmas with my younger daughter and her husband while they were here. That was a very early Christmas... and you can bet I was rushing around to get my Christmas shopping finished.

Happy December Holidays, everyone!
    Jeanne

• l1oness
    10 years ago

Jeanne - I received the BINGO prize and wanted to send you a thank you! I love the cocoa, and the napkins with footballs are fun. Have a great December, and let's get into the Solstice season!

Mandy

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Whhhoohooo!!! OK and OSU game was one of the best I've watched in years!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler