Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mogardening

UPDATE: Big Ole Fall Flower Swap Update

mogardening
17 years ago

Okay, here's the new thread.

I've been working away at sorting the seeds. It's taking longer than I thought but fear not,the end is coming soon!!

Everyones seeds are here now so we have no more worries there. I'll have more time this weekend to sort away, then it's stuffing everyones envelope and mailing out the goodies.I'm hoping to get all the packages mailed out early next week. I will post here when that happens!!! I hope you'll all be thrilled with your seeds...I've tired to find as many "wants" as possible and maybe you'll get something that you never knew you wanted!!!

Thank you,

Kate

Comments (33)

• daisydo
    17 years ago

OH HAPPY DAY INDEED!!!! Thank you Kate for being so kind and patient, and hosting this swap. You're the kind of person who makes swaps so much fun!
    Daisydo

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Yes, I second that motion, Daisydo! Thanks Kate! I think you must be a very organized person....God Bless, Susan/giverny

• rosequeen005
    17 years ago

>Hi, Newbie here but want to get in this when it starts again, thanks and will be waiting,Rosequeen

• mogardening
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here they come!!!! Coming to a mailbox near you!!! Your seeds are on the way!!! I finished packaging last night and was able to run them all to the post office today.
    I hope everyone receives something they just canÂt wait to plant. I tried to find some good matches for everyone and hopefully, I didnÂt do too many doubles or give you your own seeds back. I was getting a bit blurry eyed near the end, so if I did, please forgive my error. If you sent a want list and didnÂt get your number 1 want, it just wasnÂt in the swap. But I tried to find something else I thought you would like. We had a total of 35 swappers join in the from following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin. IsnÂt that amazingÂÂ.
    Thank you to all the generous gardeners who joined in this swap!!! You all made this great!!
    Happy planting,
    Kate

• Julie
    17 years ago

OH - KATE - you are AMAZING!!
    It is wonderful all the happiness you are sending out!
    I can feel it already!!
    Oh gosh- it will be sooo hard to stay at work and not be able to check the mail box!!
    You are a trooper! Thanks for making this happen!
    Julie

• dparker_la
    17 years ago

THANKS KATE! I ENJOYED THIS SWAP AS WELL. DEE

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Kate, Nice job!!! Seeds came today, and what a selection!

Ladies, you did a great job sending in, too! Hope everyones is as happy with these as I am.

Lime

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I got my seeds today, and I love them all esspesialy the columbines. thanks for sending so many of my wants, I don't know how you did it with so many swapers.
    thanks so much michelle
    PS thanks julie_mm for the packet of seeds, but did I forget a trade we had set up, I don't remember why you sent the seeds for me, but I like them very much.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Kate, got my seeds and I am so very impressed - I am very very happy. Thanks for all your hard work and for doing such a great job! --- Sue G.

• Julie
    17 years ago

WHEW! I am so pleased with my seeds!
    Thanks so much Kate for your hard work at pickin and choosen for us all!! It looks like your hard work is greatly appreciated by all who have received their seeds!
    Micyrey, don't worry yourself- I like to go through folks wants pages and see what I can send that they might like when I join an exchange- I put the individually selected seeds in seperate bags to make it easier on the host when it comes to sorting- it is alot easier to grab a bag full o stuff than to sort through named packets- I learned that through helping Lazyweeder sort his Wish Exchange for a few years- Half the fun of an exchange is sending in folks wants- for me that is- I don't always have the time- but when I do- thats how I do it!
    Thanks again Kate for a GREAT exchange! I am sure to be enjoying the fruits of "all ya alls" labor for years to come!
    Julie
    Julie_MN

• michiganalice
    17 years ago

Hi, I got my seeds yesterday. This was a great swap. Whoever sent in the White Coneflower....thanks, this was on my wish list.

Can't wait until next year, hopefully we'll do this again.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Kate.

Alice

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Yes, Julie, thank you!

I didn't open your packet until just now and was appalled that I didn't do it immediately to say thank you in my original post! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw all those seeds that were ones I really, really wanted and I just knew you had gone to my wishlist page! For some reason, when I first saw them, I thought it was like Halloween -- you know, when somebody puts a selection of candy in little individual bags for the kids? They all hold the same thing, but it prevents the older kids from reaching in and taking everything. Or like the little packs we made as room mothers -- well, you know what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, you really went above and beyond on this one, in fact you all did -- there wasn't a crummy pack in the whole package! Thank you!

Lime

• drippy
    17 years ago

ooh...oooh...OOOH! Christmas at my house today, for ME! Yippee, THANK YOU SO MUCH, KATE!!! (I don't usually write in caps, but I'm jumping up and down here!)

I literally have thousands of varieties of seeds - how did you manage to find all these new things for me? Either you're a genius, or a mind-reader, or you most likely did a whole lotta work getting the best for everyone.

You've been a terrific swap hostess, Kate, and I wish you a nice backrub, a glass of champagne, and gorgeous gardens next year!

Thanks again,

Kim

• daisydo
    17 years ago

My seeds arrived today!! I feel like a kid in a candy store, but I don't have to decide..they are all mine. Thank you so much for the nice selections in my package. I realized after I looked through them, your knew more about what I really wanted than I did. I can't wait to start WSing. Thank you for being such a wonderful host. I second Kim's wishes for you!
    Daisy

• ghoghunter
    17 years ago

Kate!!! Thank you so much for all the great seeds and for being such a wonderful hostess. Thanks to everyone for sending in so many wonderful seeds for the swap. My envelope came today and it was such fun to open it and see all the surprises inside!!! What a great swap!!! I can't wait to get sowing!!!!
    Joann

• Jerry Murphy
    17 years ago

Seeds arrived today! Wow!!! I never expected so many seeds. Thank you everyone. I've concentrated more over the last 25 years on growing veggies and now all these different flower seeds will get me off to a good start on growing them as well.

• dparker_la
    17 years ago

Seeds arrived today. Wow! Thank you for sending some really great seeds. I plan on starting them in my greenhouse within the next few days,so they will be nice sized plants to share with everyone at the Mercer 2007 Spring Plantmeet & the 2007 Spring TXRU Brug Meet. Whoever sent in the Tennessee Spinning Gourd, Hourglass Gourd, & Luffa Sponge Gourd bless you! Love them! The triple daturas, blackberry lily, orchid tree, passifora to name a few. I think it's safe to say everyone who shared seeds in this Round Robin will be making alot of Texans happy come spring, as you've just made me. Please put me down for your next Round Robin. Thank you for spending so much of your time making us all happy. Dee

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.... I hope mine will be in my mailbox today! Kate, it sounds like you have outdone yourself. I will let you know as soon as they get here.

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

They are heeeere!!!! Thank you Kate and everyone else that participated in this swap for the amazing seed selection I received. Kate, you did a great job!!!! You just made my day.

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

WhooooHooooo! My package was in the mail today! Kate, you really did a remarkable job with this swap. You sent me everything I had wished for. I cannot believe the fabulous selection and quantity of seeds that I received. What a great job! And to all of you other participants - WOW! What generous gardeners to have collected and shared so many different varieties! This swap was a total pleasure! Let me know when you plan on doing this again! Brenda

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Kate, Thank you and all the gardeners that shared all the great seeds. This was a awesome swap and I love my seeds! Amy

• nica13
    17 years ago

Seeds came today!!!!!!!!!

I want to Thank everyone for them they are wonderful.

and a BIG THANK YOU! to Kate!!!!!!!!!

• butter_fly
    17 years ago

There here, There here!!! Yippie. Thanks to everyone, this is my first year and I didn''t have much to swap with but I got so many cool things. Thanks Kate, and thanks to everyone who sent in. God bless.

• northerngirlz3
    17 years ago

I got mine too - Thanks for hosting such a great swap. And thanks to all those that sent in such great stuff.

I love everything - and special thanks to whoever sent in the "Indian grass" and "little blue stem grass" - oh yes and the tennessee spinning gourds! I can't wait for spring! :)

Great swap Kate!

• columbusgardener
    17 years ago

I am so glad I joined in! thankyou everyone for sending is such an assortment of wonderful seeds. And thank you Kate for taking the time to put this all together!

Debbie

• ladytruffles
    17 years ago

received mine thank you for all your hard work .

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Kate...just wanted to let you know I received your seeds and WOW! What a package! You did a fantastic job here and I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this. You sent me some great seeds....thanks so much...I love everything!!! - Lisa

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Gotta post my thanks too....to Kate and all of the kind gardeners! I adore getting these packages jam-packed with such a variety of seeds. I especially was tickled over the Speedwells, Gazania 'Kiss', and "Bowl of Cherries' Campanula.

Thanks so much to everyone, and especially to our kind hostess!
    : )
    Happy Fall, y'all!
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

I received my seeds also. Thanks to everybody for the great variety of seeds. Thanks Kate for all your hard work.

dem_pa

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Kate-
    I just returned from a trip to DC and found that the swap seed had arrived!! I am extatic with the wonderful variety I got!!! You did an absolutely amazing job and I'm going to try to find some extra seeds to send you from your wish list and a HUGE thank you for such an amzing swap!!! You're the best! Thank you also to everyone who participated, I'm especially excited about all of the veggie seeds and the special packet julie_mn put togeter for me, that was extremely thoughtful and I'm going to try to do the same thing for future swaps/robins!
    Thank you again to everyone!!!
    -Elizabeth (zabecc)

• pastvast
    17 years ago

I also received my seeds! Kate- you did an awesome job. There were so many of my wants in there... truly impressive!!!

You should definitely get a hostess with the mostest award!!!

-Stephanie

• stage_rat
    17 years ago

I got my HUGE packet of seeds last weekend--wow! I'm really excited about growing them for next year. I guess I'd better go start smothering more grass now--I won't have enough planting room, otherwise!

Limequilla, I relly like your labels, with the germination instructions. I also like the packets that have a little photo of the flower. And "Mo," thank you SO much for taking on this big task! I owe you 9 cents postage--I'll pay you back, somehow!

• badzoe
    17 years ago

Kate-thanks for hosting this RR. I received a great assortment of seeds, and somehow most of them were on my 'wanted' list.

Kristi