Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
3rd annual seed train

Posted by rollinrockell 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 16:33

hello every one, its time again for the third year of the seed train. I hope you had a great summer and that your gardens were plentiful, as fall starts to set in its time to get back to seeds trading when the weather outside is cold and your looking forward to spring again. I got lots of new seeds this year from all the great trades and cant wait to share them with you. There will be a few rules tweaks this year and instead of a bunch of small rounds there will be two big rounds so everyone gets a turn. I will post the rules and sign up dates tomorrow. Everyone is welcome to join.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3rd annual seed train

Here are the rules. Thanks.
1. Everyone from any state is welcome to join.
2. All seed train members will need to supply me with name and garden web name to avoid confusion and address thru pm, your garden web name and address will be on a list, which will be enclosed in the seed box. In addition, I will need an e-mail address where you can be easily
reached
2. Seeds only please, no bulbs as this makes the weight go up
3. Each person is responsible for paying to ship the seeds to the next person.
4. Please package seeds in paper envelopes or seed envelopes again, to save on weight and postage.
5. All seeds are welcome, from commercial packages to home saved.
6. Please post when you receive the box so we know you received it.
7. Likewise please post when you ship the box. That why the next person knows it being shipped to them.
8. If I can't contact the next person in line via forum, email. They will be skipped.
9. Please try to send the box on as quickly as possible,
within a week at most, so that the train can make at least a couple circuits.
10. Take as much as you would like from the box and replace with a like amount of seed.
11. there will be two rounds , if you don’t make the first round, ill add you to the second round so the train doesn’t get stalled.
please feel free to contact if any more information is needed.
Ill give sign ups until the second of November and hopefully ship the following monday

o

This sounds like a lot of fun. May I join the train ?

o

Sounds fun! Sending you an email...

o

I would like to join as well. Emailing you my information. Thanks!

o

I would like to join. Sending you my information.
Sounds like fun.

o

I would love to do this again. ;)
Do you need my info again?

Deb

o

I think I will try this one, this year.
Please add me to your flight path.
Alana

o

I would love to join!
Jayeanne

o

I'd like to join also! I'll send you my info.

o

thank you all for signing up. its good to see new faces and well as others that have joined the train before and made it possible. Ive emailed most of you and I'm working on the others here shortly.

yes please resend your information if you joined last yr. my computer crashed this summer so i don't have the info off of it anymore. thanks

This post was edited by rollinrockell on Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 17:00

o

i would love to join this seed train

o

This looks really fun! I'll email you my information.

Kim

o

can i join

o

I would like to have a ticket to ride the train too and will email you my info. Thanks!

o

I'd also like to join!

o

wow this is going to be a big turn out, i have around 25-30 people on the list and sign ups end this week, i will be sending our the latest round of emails to people tomorrow that i haven't gotten back to yet.
and remember if you email me please post on here your intention to join as well so that everyone knows your signing up and not just through email. thanks-rachel

o

Hello I would love to trade out seeds. This sounds like fun. Susan(skyblue52)

o

Hi Rachel,

I would like to be included, can you please put me on the list. I will also send you a PM.

Thanks,

Karen

o

i would love to be added please !

o

ok sign ups are closed and it looks like we have total of 17 people as some did not get back to me at all , if I do not hear from the people pending by tues then they will be skipped as that is when I plan to ship the seed train as its already to go, I will have the list organized and who's going first tomorrow. which I will email to everyone and put in the box as well -thanks

missga64 thur kathunder is confirmed

MissyGA64
Pepper_rancher
ForeverRecycleReuse
gardnwatch
poisondartfrog
pinkiris
SunshineGal
christine00
wildmantrav
midwestfarm wife
SunshineGal
Kathunder

forgetmenot_orlando-pending
loveless-pending
skyblue52-pending

cmwsquirrl- no email on members page and no email recieved

debbya-pending
ruthie759-pending

o

Just wondering if you have any date stipulations on seeds or minimum quantities of varieties?

o

i would say nothing past 2010 unless you know they do in fact grow and are viable, i still have some tomatoes seeds from 2009 that grow just fine. there is not min quantities of variety , the main rule is that what ever you take out, you put back the same amount of seeds to keep the train going. even if that may be 5 seeds of one kind and ten of another.

o

Ok , folks here is the order it is going in

Loveless
Ruth streed
Pepperancher
Missyga64
Sunshinegal
forgetmenot_orlando
Gardnwatch
Pinkiris
midwestfarmwife
kathunder
posiondartfrog
christine00
debbya
wildmantrav
foreverrecyclereuse

skyblue52- didn’t respond or send email
cmwsquirrl- no email on members page and no email received

o

Thanks Rachel...looking forward to this seed robin.

Bonnie gardnwatch

o

Really looking forward to the swap!

o

the seed train was delivered to loveless on Wednesday

o

Thank you for signing me up and including me in the swap, but I have decided to withdraw.
Alana

o

i will be sending off seed train to Ruth Streed on Tuesday.thank you! i put in as many seeds as i could^_^.

o

i would like to participate how can i join you guys?

o

is the seed train still around?

o

it should be at the place https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=1&tLabels=9114901159818106636258

o

yes its still going, this part is just a little slow as it depends on when the next person ships it. Thank you loveless for posting the tracking number and contributing.

o

That means im next up after the package leaves Texas! i cant wait! I shouldn't hold the package up for more than 12 hours or so and off it goes to Georgia...

o

Yahoo. . . my seeds are ready and waiting to be traded. . .

o

Is it too late to sign up for the second round?

o

where oh where is the little seed train going. . . . this trade is so fun. I check daily to see if the box is moving again. . . . lol . . as bad as a little kid on christmas eve, watching the clock and listening for sleigh bells..

o

I'm also curious if I could get into round 2?

o

Any news on the Train ? I think it may have derailed in TX

o

I was wondering the same thing, last i saw it was with ruthie759 in Jasper TX. Never did see where she posted and sent it onto #3 in AL.

o

I haven't seen it yet... :(

o

package arrived today, im refilling now and will ship it later today

o

package away!

tracking # 9400109699938984662204

o

Oh, the waiting! LOL! Not too much longer for my turn, I'm all ready for it!

o

The Seed Train has arrived in Columbus GA. I will open and I will try to refill tonight when I get home and try to ship by wednesday.

o

I want to participate!!!! :)

o

I would like to participate in the second train round if possible!! Will email you with my info :)
~michael

o

When is the second round starting? I'd like to join as well.

o

Rollin rollin rollin. Ill be emailing all the
poeple who are interested in the second round
Tonight if i havent done so already. Thanks

o

Please if you can email me directly at free2be_any1@yahoo.com....I'm also participating in the Secret Santa Swap and it seems I wasn't getting emails through GW about it....
~Michael

o

Seeds are rolling on down the tracks.. . . . . .heading to Lakeland, FL..

Del Confirm # 9114901159815507280493

Please include me in the second round. . . thanks

o

Woohoo, I'm ready, lol!

o

The seed box arrived in Lakeland today! I will be sending it back out on Monday. :)

o

Seed train is rolling out! Here's the tracking number: 9114901159818658293695
Choo choo!

o

I got the box today, give me a couple days, and I will get it back out. I will let you all know when it's left the post office.

Karen

o

If it isnt too late, I would like to participate in round 2 please.

o

The train has left the station!! Gardnwatch you are next. I have sent you an email. The tracking number is
9114901159815613376141 and it is due to arrive on Monday 12/16/13. Enjoy, lots of goodies coming you're
way.

o

Gardnwatch,
Did the box show up today?

o

Karen...Forgetmenot...
Yes, the box did arrive today. I will need a day or two to go through the seeds and will try to get it out again quickly.
There are some great seeds inside the box. You ladies have done a great job filling the box. I will add my seeds and send the box on it's way to Pinkiris. Happy Holidays.
Bonnie...gardnwatch.

o

Karen...Forgetmenot...
Yes, the box did arrive today. I will need a day or two to go through the seeds and will try to get it out again quickly.
There are some great seeds inside the box. You ladies have done a great job filling the box. I will add my seeds and send the box on it's way to Pinkiris. Happy Holidays.
Bonnie...gardnwatch.

o

Great Bonnie,
Just wanted to be sure it got to you. Enjoy and Happy Holidays to you as well.
Karen

o

glad the train is moving along, got a great list for the second round. hope you all had a great thanksgiving and have a merry Christmas.
and please if you have emailed me or like to join and i haven't responded, please feel free to email me again. trying to play catch up here and don't want to leave anyone out , thanks

o

I cannot wait for the train to arrive. Thank you for coordinating same.

o

Patiently awaiting the arrival.... I think I am next on the list....
Please add me to round 2 as well, thank you!

o

This sounds like alot of fun. Would like to join the next train round.

Thank you!

o

The seed train is on it's way again after being here through xmas day...sorry. I sent it on it's way to Jayeanne...and it should get to her on Saturday.
I sent her a note to tell her so and gave her the tracking number which is:
Happy Holidays everyone....and Happy Gardening next spring. The swap has been fun and I'm sure you'll be pleased by how many seed packets are in the box.
Bonnie gardnwatch

o

Yay! Got the train today and enjoyed going through everything, it is packaged back up and ready to head onto midwestfarmwife. Will mail on Monday morning, thank you for letting me participate! Would love to join in again for round 2!!

o

Hooray! I'm ready! I would like to join round 2 also.

o

ok im going to end sign ups for the second round because we have quite a few people and to make sure the train gets around before summer. i have heard from most of the poeple in the first round and will be adding all of them, if i havent heard, i will email you. i should have a list tomorrow. thank you and have a great new year

o

The seeds arrived here today. What a nice way to spend a cold, snowy evening - sorting through new seeds! I have already chosen the ones I want and have added my own flowers & veggies. I hope to have it on the way by Saturday morning. I'll post and let everyone know when it's on the way.

o

The seed train went on its way to kathunder today, and she should have the package by tomorrow (Tuesday) since she lives only about an hour drive from me. Thank you to all participants and our hostess!

o

Got the seeds today! They should be on their way by Thursday. Thanks everybody, this is tons of fun!

Kim

o

Train is moving down the tracks again! Headed towards Christine as of today.

o

i'll be watching for it.

o

the seed box came today and i'll send it off tomorow to deb.

o

Seed train is still in transit. Hopefully it arrives Wednesday.
Will post/update when it arrives!

Deb

o

I can't wait for the second round!! It's such a long wait but I can't wait to get it lol things are winding down here and I'm itching for something else to keep me busy and to winter sow :)
~Michael

o

seed train was delivered today

o

Yes.. The seed train made it! I checked early this morning (the delivery confirmation #) and it said it was arriving tomorrow! So, I didn't expect it- and was surprised when I went to get the mail! I need time to go through the seeds. I'll post more tomorrow!

Deb

o

Wow, we're getting down through the list! I have to say, I'm excited for it to come around again - nothing brightens a gloomy winter day like a box full of seeds!

o

Is there anyway to jump onboard this train? I know i'm a latecomer but... I have sooo many great seeds that I collected this past summer that I would LOVE to spread the bounty. Please email me if at all possible Thank youi and i sure do hope to hear from you, Becki

o

Does anyone know if the second round has started yet? I signed up midway through the first round and was just wondering when the second was starting.

Very excited !!!!!!
Thanks!!
Nina

o

nope the second round hasn't started, there is still like 2 people left. the second round starts as soon as i recieve it and ship it back out.

please welcome out new comers to round 2. if someone sees they are not on this list and have emailed me only, please remember to post on the forums. i wont add you if you dont.

becki25msmolly i will add you as there are two people who dropped out.

yeli0507
beautifulreddahlias
jplayland
heavenlyfarm
lovesblooms
heavenlyfarm
Dap7777777
mcc371
becki25msmolly

Loveless
Ruth streed
Pepperancher
Missyga64
Sunshinegal
forgetmenot_orlando
Gardnwatch
Pinkiris
midwestfarmwife
kathunder
christine00
debbya
wildmantrav
foreverrecyclereuse

o

The package is filled - and ready to go out to Travis!
I had a lot of fun going through it, and choosing/replacing seeds. :)
I'll mail it priority Monday. Thanks so much for allowing me to join!

Travis, be prepared to go through a fat little round robin envelope!
I'll post the delivery conf # after I return home from the post office! Our post office was closed today- due to the weather! Lots of snow- it's been snowing continually for 2 days.

Deb

o

I'll be watching for it!

o

lol you do have me on the list twice btw! lol its okay if you want to send it back to me too drool over again :P lol jk. I am excited for the second round tho :)
~Michael :)
heavenlyfarm

o

i would like to sign up for round two please..

o

Oh My Goodness I am sooo excited to be able to join in. I have sooo many seeds wasn't quite sure what to do with them all. lol I will email you my address and I am soo excited to be joining in. You just made my day!!!! lol

o

Please add me to round 2! I sent you an email with my address. I've got lot of fun heirloom seeds to share!

o

Please add me to round #2! Sounds intriguingly fun,...a bit like geocaching! Never participated in this sort of thing before. Time t'get my feet wet, so to speak. ;)

o

I contacted Travis by email. He's waiting for the seed envelope to arrive! Today is Monday/No mail- due to holiday. I'll mail the package out tomorrow. And post the dc after I return home from the post office.

I would love to sign up for round 2 if there is one!

Deb/Debbya

o

The seed trains if finally getting closer to coming to me. Being at the end of the list is teaching me patience :)

o

Monday was a holiday.. So the package went out today as promised. Priority #9114901159815093054096. 2 day shipping, the receipt has the 23rd as the delivery date.

Travis is expecting the package. :)

Deb

o

you are all awesome.
:-) :-)
this is teaching me patience as well lol, but it so worth it. i thinking of making a few more planter boxes just to make extra room.
thank you heavenly for telling me about the list.

o

i love you google maps, you spoil me. ( I TAKE THAT BACK, i just spent a half hour putting in all the addresses and then it freezes and i got nothing.)
ok here is the list of people confirmed again and a few that i have sent emails too concerning the second round. i will have it in order here shortly as soon as i put it in google maps(yet again).

yeli0507
beautifulreddahlias
jplayland
heavenlyfarm
lovesblooms
Dap7777777
mcc371
becki25msmolly
cryptid
paperfinch
loveless
Missyga64
Sunshinegal
forgetmenot_orlando????
Gardnwatch ???
Pinkiris
midwestfarmwife
kathunder
christine00
debbya
wildmantrav
foreverrecyclereuse

This post was edited by rollinrockell on Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 21:25

o

I received the package today, I'll go through and then refill it tonight and I'll get it out right away tomorrow.
ForeverRecycleReuse your next! I'll post the tracking number after it ships.

o

Here is the tracking number shipping tomorrow by priority mail.

9405 5036 9930 0216 3712 07

o

1. loveless
2. mcc371
3. paperfinch
4. christine00
5. MissyGA64-
6. SunshineGal
7. yeli0507
8. forgetmenot_orlando?????
9. lovesblooms
10. gardnwatch????
11. Dap7777777
12. pinkiris
13. heavenlyfarm
14. beautifulreddahlias
15. midwestfarm wife
16. Kathunder
17. becki25msmolly
18. debbya
19. wildmantrav
20. jplayland
21. ForeverRecycleReuse
22. cryptid

23. I need evli’s information

o

Did I read right? You're doing a second round? If its not too late I'd love to join.

o

sorry it took me so long...would love to do round two...i sent you my info..glad to be a part of this!

o

Based on the tracking number, the seed train is scheduled to arrive at my house sometime today -- Yeah!

o

I'm confused, I keep moving around in the list. I can't wait for it to arrive. Did I get skipped, am I next?

o

Hi jplayland -- You haven't been skipped. We are just finishing Round 1 of the Seed Train. Looks like you are included in Round 2 and will be just before me in that round. Round 1 began its trip in November and finally got to me -- the last on the list before it goes back to the originator (host), Then we will be starting Round 2.

Rachel -- With any luck, I will be going to the Post Office this afternoon. I will post the tracking number once it is known.

o

I signed up for round 1 back in november, so I believe something got confused. I've been waiting paitiently, it would be a nightmare to still be at the bottom of the list.

o

I guess I'm the one confusing myself. I looked back to my first post, I guess I asked for round 2, stupid me.

o

Can't wait for the train to arrive! I'm getting so excited! Midway on the list do I have a bit till it gets here!

o

im sorry for the confusion jplay. i have sent you an email.

8. forgetmenot_orlando
10. gardnwatch

have not responded for a second round so i going to switch them with elvi and kelly from last year, welcome back.

the list about that i keep changing is the order that it will be going in, i keep changing it when people leave and join. the final copy that i wont change will be emailed to everyone when i ship out the box as well as being in the box.

i cant flip the list so that the last person goes first this time because it would be pointless for the last person to ship it to me and then i ship it back to them as they wouldn't get the benefit of all the different things in the box if that makes sense

will be looking for it , thanks ForeverRecycleReuse

o

The seed train is heading home :)

Tracking number = 9114 9011 8986 6938 9702 49

o

I am so excited for the 2nd round. . . I've participated in 3 other trades in the time it took the 1st round to complete. . . . I have so many wonderful seeds to share this time. . . yippee

This post was edited by MissyGA64 on Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 18:40

o

I hope I stay after you then Missy, lol! I'm excited too, can't wait for it to come around again!

o

I got it. wow look at all those seeds.
Thank you all that have participated in round one and made it a success. welcome to round two everyone.
unfortunately I don't have a car at the moment so i'm hoping to have time on wen to walk across town and mail it, if not then it will go out on friday.

o

1. loveless
2. dmkelly
3. mcc371
4. paperfinch
5. christine00
6. MissyGA64-
7. SunshineGal
8. yeli0507
9. lovesblooms
10. Dap7777777
11. pinkiris
12. heavenlyfarm
13. beautifulreddahlias
14. midwestfarm wife
15. Kathunder
16. becki25msmolly
17. elvi
18. debbya
19. wildmantrav
20. jplayland
21. ForeverRecycleReuse
22. cryptid
23. Rollinrockell

final list.

This post was edited by rollinrockell on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 14:40

o

Please someone put borage in this box lol I have tons to share

o

Please add me to the list for round 2 in the event that someone pulls out. What a great idea!
Thanks

o

will do art, and there is in fact a package of borage in the box yeli. sorry again for the delay folks. have had to catch the bus at 830 for the last 2 weeks and the post office dosent open till 930.At this point fedex or ups might just be faster

o

Awesome thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

o

got it sent to loveless
here is the tracking code

o

i got it Saturday morning from the mail box ill be sending it back out on Tuesday seeing how Monday is a holiday ( or from what ive been told it is please correct me if im wrong)Thank you!

o

9114901230801839541092 is the tracking number

o

I'm super excited now that we are on round 2!! Just wanted to share that I have lots of seeds to include now!! Thanks to lots of generous traders/friends and a recent group swap :) can't wait to include some goodies!
~Michael
heavenlyfarm

o

Sounds great Michael! I'm excited also to see what goodies are included in Round 2 and have lots to add from my stash. Can't wait until this long, long winter is over and spring arrives. I've already bought 300 peat pots on ebay - LOL!

o

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! I can't wait for the train! Now I know how my kids feel on Christmas eve!!! Come on down my chimney Santa and Bring me something good!!!!

o

The package made it to Utah and there are things on here that we're on my list! After looking and replacing I'll have it back on the road Monday. I have lots of tomatoes and peppers... are you guys interested?

o

I'm looking for unique pumpkins if anyone has any to add.

o

oh yes, Tom's and Pep's yes please ! So glad I am after you DmKelly. ! waiting patiently in GA. . . . choo choo

o

Can't wait to get the package from dmkelly I have lots to share and also excited to see what others have shared as well.
Patiently waiting...

Have a beautiful blessed day everyone!!
Tammy
mcc371

o

It's on it's way Tammy and the postmaster said Wednesday, maybe Thursday. The tracking number is 9114901230801501971158. Choo chooooo!!!!

o

I will be watching for it!!! I am so excited. Yay me!

Have a beautiful blessed day everyone!!
Tammy

o

Just received a package from another trade I participated in . . . have lots of seeds to add the box. . . . choo choo. . . . can hardly wait for it to get to GA.

This post was edited by MissyGA64 on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 18:31

o

I've sent an email to mcc371 and to paper finch.

This post was edited by rollinrockell on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 1:04

o

I was wondering what happened to the train.

o

remember folks please post when you ship it. paper finch just received it and will hopefully ship it tomorrow

o

i'll be watching for it:))

o

getting closer to me on the list. . . can't wait, can't wait. . . . yahoooo !

o

ARGH. My new stupid $20 mini greenhouse/seed starter stand collapsed overnight. The peppers, tomatillos, and eggplants faired well in thier larger pots and lower shelves. The tomatoes, well what remains, I no longer know what varieties they are. Luckily it's only a two week delay and I will save what lives through it. I guess tonight I plant another flat of tomatoes and I go back to menards to get plastic wrap to apply to a real shelving unit. It had four flats, a heat mat and two small grow lights.

There were tomato plants everwhere. 96 tomato plants fell 6 ft and one flat exploded plants and cubes outward in a 4ft debris field.

o

Train still running????

o

JPlayland,
I am so sorry to hear about your seedlings mishap. I had that happen last year. I scooped up as many babies as I could and just planted them in pots labeled " mystery tomato" and started new seeds. some of the mystery plants were the best producers and I was able to identify about 2/3's of them as their fruit matured.

I hope you are as fortunate in your growing.

MIssy

o

where oh where has our little train gone ?

o

it hasnt made an appearance here yet.. am still watching for it:)

o

Pinkiris,

the train was stalled in Texas and now it may be stalled in Tenn on its way to KY. . . hopefully we will hear something soon that it has arrived in KY.

o

im sorry, time has been flying by, I didn't realize how many days have passed. paperfinch said on the 7th in an email that she was shipping it the next day and would post the tracking number. the only thing I can think of at the moment so every one gets to participate is cut the list in half and start a second box. that is if the first box stops stalling.

I always manage to get at least half my tomato's mixed up before I plant them. I need a better system other then tape and pen. I used pencil and popsicle sticks this year so well see. but it makes it more fun sometimes.

o

rollinrockell,

I had the same problem the last two year. I now have all my seed trays marked using a paint pen and /or duct tape. I keep a chart of what is planted in each "6pack" tray. It seems to be helping. I pre-made some markers for the garden with white plastic spoons and paint pens too. Hoping I don't have any "mystery" plants this year.

o

So sorry, guys! I have been terribly sick in bed with a flu and high fever in bed for over a week. I shipped the seeds as soon as I physically could, and added lots of fun stuff to make up for the wait. They should be at their next destination today, according to what I was told at the Post Office.

Tracking #9114901230801759334040.

o

it should be here tomorrow. tracking says its in louisville. hope you feel better soon!

o

oh man, end of winter flu's are aweful. hope you feel better soon.

o

the seeds came today:) very interesting. i'll have them out in tomorrows mail again..

o

mailled seeds today

o

yipeee, yipeee, I can hardly wait !

o

Woohoo, getting closer!

o

Yahoo, Seed box arrived today !
I will go through it tomorrow and get it back in the mail on Tuesday. the tracking number is 9114901159815464384524
It should arrive on Thursday !

This post was edited by MissyGA64 on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 22:36

o

I'm so excited- can't wait!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here