Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rollinrockell

3rd annual seed train

rollinrockell
10 years ago

hello every one, its time again for the third year of the seed train. I hope you had a great summer and that your gardens were plentiful, as fall starts to set in its time to get back to seeds trading when the weather outside is cold and your looking forward to spring again. I got lots of new seeds this year from all the great trades and cant wait to share them with you. There will be a few rules tweaks this year and instead of a bunch of small rounds there will be two big rounds so everyone gets a turn. I will post the rules and sign up dates tomorrow. Everyone is welcome to join.

Comments (150)

• jplayland
    10 years ago

I'm confused, I keep moving around in the list. I can't wait for it to arrive. Did I get skipped, am I next?

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Hi jplayland -- You haven't been skipped. We are just finishing Round 1 of the Seed Train. Looks like you are included in Round 2 and will be just before me in that round. Round 1 began its trip in November and finally got to me -- the last on the list before it goes back to the originator (host), Then we will be starting Round 2.

Rachel -- With any luck, I will be going to the Post Office this afternoon. I will post the tracking number once it is known.

• jplayland
    10 years ago

I signed up for round 1 back in november, so I believe something got confused. I've been waiting paitiently, it would be a nightmare to still be at the bottom of the list.

• jplayland
    10 years ago

I guess I'm the one confusing myself. I looked back to my first post, I guess I asked for round 2, stupid me.

• beautifulreddahlias
    10 years ago

Can't wait for the train to arrive! I'm getting so excited! Midway on the list do I have a bit till it gets here!

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

im sorry for the confusion jplay. i have sent you an email.

8. forgetmenot_orlando

1. gardnwatch

have not responded for a second round so i going to switch them with elvi and kelly from last year, welcome back.

the list about that i keep changing is the order that it will be going in, i keep changing it when people leave and join. the final copy that i wont change will be emailed to everyone when i ship out the box as well as being in the box.

i cant flip the list so that the last person goes first this time because it would be pointless for the last person to ship it to me and then i ship it back to them as they wouldn't get the benefit of all the different things in the box if that makes sense

will be looking for it , thanks ForeverRecycleReuse

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

The seed train is heading home :)

Tracking number = 9114 9011 8986 6938 9702 49

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I am so excited for the 2nd round. . . I've participated in 3 other trades in the time it took the 1st round to complete. . . . I have so many wonderful seeds to share this time. . . yippee

This post was edited by MissyGA64 on Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 18:40

• SunshineGal
    10 years ago

I hope I stay after you then Missy, lol! I'm excited too, can't wait for it to come around again!

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I got it. wow look at all those seeds.
    Thank you all that have participated in round one and made it a success. welcome to round two everyone.
    unfortunately I don't have a car at the moment so i'm hoping to have time on wen to walk across town and mail it, if not then it will go out on friday.

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

1. loveless
    2. dmkelly
    3. mcc371
    4. paperfinch
    5. christine00
    6. MissyGA64-
    7. SunshineGal
    8. yeli0507
    9. lovesblooms

1. Dap7777777
    2. pinkiris
    3. heavenlyfarm
    4. beautifulreddahlias
    5. midwestfarm wife
    6. Kathunder
    7. becki25msmolly
    8. elvi
    9. debbya
    10. wildmantrav
    11. jplayland
    12. ForeverRecycleReuse
    13. cryptid
    14. Rollinrockell

final list.

This post was edited by rollinrockell on Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 14:40

• yeli0507
    10 years ago

Please someone put borage in this box lol I have tons to share

• artyfact
    10 years ago

Please add me to the list for round 2 in the event that someone pulls out. What a great idea!
    Thanks

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

will do art, and there is in fact a package of borage in the box yeli. sorry again for the delay folks. have had to catch the bus at 830 for the last 2 weeks and the post office dosent open till 930.At this point fedex or ups might just be faster

• yeli0507
    10 years ago

Awesome thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

got it sent to loveless
    here is the tracking code

• loveless
    10 years ago

i got it Saturday morning from the mail box ill be sending it back out on Tuesday seeing how Monday is a holiday ( or from what ive been told it is please correct me if im wrong)Thank you!

• loveless
    10 years ago

9114901230801839541092 is the tracking number

• heavenlyfarm
    10 years ago

I'm super excited now that we are on round 2!! Just wanted to share that I have lots of seeds to include now!! Thanks to lots of generous traders/friends and a recent group swap :) can't wait to include some goodies!
    ~Michael
    heavenlyfarm

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Sounds great Michael! I'm excited also to see what goodies are included in Round 2 and have lots to add from my stash. Can't wait until this long, long winter is over and spring arrives. I've already bought 300 peat pots on ebay - LOL!

• beautifulreddahlias
    10 years ago

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! I can't wait for the train! Now I know how my kids feel on Christmas eve!!! Come on down my chimney Santa and Bring me something good!!!!

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

The package made it to Utah and there are things on here that we're on my list! After looking and replacing I'll have it back on the road Monday. I have lots of tomatoes and peppers... are you guys interested?

• elvimiller
    10 years ago

I'm looking for unique pumpkins if anyone has any to add.

• missyga64
    10 years ago

oh yes, Tom's and Pep's yes please ! So glad I am after you DmKelly. ! waiting patiently in GA. . . . choo choo

• mcc371
    10 years ago

Can't wait to get the package from dmkelly I have lots to share and also excited to see what others have shared as well.
    Patiently waiting...

Have a beautiful blessed day everyone!!
    Tammy
    mcc371

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

It's on it's way Tammy and the postmaster said Wednesday, maybe Thursday. The tracking number is 9114901230801501971158. Choo chooooo!!!!

• mcc371
    10 years ago

I will be watching for it!!! I am so excited. Yay me!

Have a beautiful blessed day everyone!!
    Tammy

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Just received a package from another trade I participated in . . . have lots of seeds to add the box. . . . choo choo. . . . can hardly wait for it to get to GA.

This post was edited by MissyGA64 on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 18:31

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've sent an email to mcc371 and to paper finch.

This post was edited by rollinrockell on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 1:04

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

I was wondering what happened to the train.

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

remember folks please post when you ship it. paper finch just received it and will hopefully ship it tomorrow

• Christine00
    10 years ago

i'll be watching for it:))

• missyga64
    10 years ago

getting closer to me on the list. . . can't wait, can't wait. . . . yahoooo !

• jplayland
    10 years ago

ARGH. My new stupid $20 mini greenhouse/seed starter stand collapsed overnight. The peppers, tomatillos, and eggplants faired well in thier larger pots and lower shelves. The tomatoes, well what remains, I no longer know what varieties they are. Luckily it's only a two week delay and I will save what lives through it. I guess tonight I plant another flat of tomatoes and I go back to menards to get plastic wrap to apply to a real shelving unit. It had four flats, a heat mat and two small grow lights.

There were tomato plants everwhere. 96 tomato plants fell 6 ft and one flat exploded plants and cubes outward in a 4ft debris field.

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Train still running????

• missyga64
    10 years ago

JPlayland,
    I am so sorry to hear about your seedlings mishap. I had that happen last year. I scooped up as many babies as I could and just planted them in pots labeled " mystery tomato" and started new seeds. some of the mystery plants were the best producers and I was able to identify about 2/3's of them as their fruit matured.

I hope you are as fortunate in your growing.

MIssy

• missyga64
    10 years ago

where oh where has our little train gone ?

• Christine00
    10 years ago

it hasnt made an appearance here yet.. am still watching for it:)

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Pinkiris,

the train was stalled in Texas and now it may be stalled in Tenn on its way to KY. . . hopefully we will hear something soon that it has arrived in KY.

• rollinrockell
    Original Author
    10 years ago

im sorry, time has been flying by, I didn't realize how many days have passed. paperfinch said on the 7th in an email that she was shipping it the next day and would post the tracking number. the only thing I can think of at the moment so every one gets to participate is cut the list in half and start a second box. that is if the first box stops stalling.

I always manage to get at least half my tomato's mixed up before I plant them. I need a better system other then tape and pen. I used pencil and popsicle sticks this year so well see. but it makes it more fun sometimes.

• missyga64
    10 years ago

rollinrockell,

I had the same problem the last two year. I now have all my seed trays marked using a paint pen and /or duct tape. I keep a chart of what is planted in each "6pack" tray. It seems to be helping. I pre-made some markers for the garden with white plastic spoons and paint pens too. Hoping I don't have any "mystery" plants this year.

• PaperFinch
    10 years ago

So sorry, guys! I have been terribly sick in bed with a flu and high fever in bed for over a week. I shipped the seeds as soon as I physically could, and added lots of fun stuff to make up for the wait. They should be at their next destination today, according to what I was told at the Post Office.

Tracking #9114901230801759334040.

• Christine00
    10 years ago

it should be here tomorrow. tracking says its in louisville. hope you feel better soon!

• missyga64
    10 years ago

oh man, end of winter flu's are aweful. hope you feel better soon.

• Christine00
    10 years ago

the seeds came today:) very interesting. i'll have them out in tomorrows mail again..

• Christine00
    10 years ago

mailled seeds today

• missyga64
    10 years ago

yipeee, yipeee, I can hardly wait !

• SunshineGal
    10 years ago

Woohoo, getting closer!

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Yahoo, Seed box arrived today !
    I will go through it tomorrow and get it back in the mail on Tuesday. the tracking number is 9114901159815464384524
    It should arrive on Thursday !

This post was edited by MissyGA64 on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 22:36

• SunshineGal
    10 years ago

I'm so excited- can't wait!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner