Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Ghouls just want to have fun!!!

Posted by diene Z4ME (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 16:44

Hello All;
I thought it would be fun to start the new thread and I will try to do it before someone else does. One quick note, people are spending too much money on postage!! Use the one rate boxes. diene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Cooking prep day

Hmmm I have the usps ebay approved shoe box sized boxes, but it was stuffed. Today was a cooking prep day, 5 Gals of marinara, 100 stuffed peppers, 5 big bags of fajita veggies, I should prep pot roast veggies, but eh I wanna sit. Guess who's ordering a pizza for dinner?

Fishy

o
RE: UPDATE: Ghouls just want to have fun!!!

Hello Fishy;
I am not saying there is anything wrong with those boxes except they cost more money!! Kalena sent great stuff in just that box and it cost her almost $12 to send it. The one rate boxes cost $8.95 no matter what they weigh and if you print the shipping label on line, that includes the DC. I received a great box from klick that was a private deal and she also used a plain box and it cost her big time. I am not complaining about my boxes I am complaining about people giving the PO more than they are entitled to. I does not make any sense that a one rate box is cheaper but they made the rules. It is up to us to use them to our advantage. diene

o

I do LOVE the one rate boxes! The box I shipped to tracy via ups actually cost less than shipping it via flat rate though, there was an item that wouldn't fit into the flat rate box that I wanted to send. Here with the confirmation receipt it costs 9.65 to send flat rate.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I had started with the flat rate boxes for this swap, but they were not quite large enough so I moved up to the next size provided by the P.O. It actually cost me less to mail that way than using the flat rate box and one of them cost less than the other one because the distance was not as great, even though the boxes weighed within 2 ounces of each other. The flat rate box may or may not be the best deal.
It pays to experiment.
I am still looking at the box Letha sent. I am awestruck by Letha's attention to detail! I wish you all could have seen the little touches she used to tailor the contents of the box to the season. I just realized she used spooky images to make the seed packets. Amazing.

o
Wonderful SSSSSpppppoookkkyyy Box!!!

That sounds like an AWESOMELY SPOOKILY WONDERFUL Box Alana!! Awesome job Letha!!!! I need to work on my presentation tactics!!!!

o

I know! I wish I had seen her box before I sent yours. You can bet I will remember how she did it for next year!

o

Wow ladies,Thank you for the compliments!I really had a fun time making it.Alana,I'm glad you like it.I have a little story that goes with the Miss Wilmot's ghost seeds that I forgot to include.I will look for it after dinner and post it for you.I love doing these boxes.I just wish I could be there when it gets opened.

o

Oh no Diene,I didn't think you were complaining dear, but rather not sure if the boxes are the same size? (I cheat and make hubby do the post office stuff for me, as his buddy works there).

o

I used the shoe box size, but it was one that was already used before. I don't know if that matters or not. I had to have my Dad send it for me. The post office is always closed wayyy before I can get up there. :(

Everyones boxes are sounding so wonderful! They give me ideas for future swaps also.

Well, gotta go, daughter wants on!

o

OH MY GHOULNESS, ALANA! I just read through the rest of the last post! Holy Moly! I am just amazed at all the plants that Letha sent! And the seeds! WOW! I love that she added all those special touches! How totally cool of you Letha! Way to go! Letha, where on earth did you find all those spooky named plants? You really hit a home run all the way! Congratulations!

o
shipping boxes

Funny you should mention the boxes, diene. Pixie and I were just discussing that today. I had 3 boxes to send out yesterday, I only had one flat rate box left in my stash that was big enough to accomodate all that was going. I had to use the shoe box size for the other two. They all happened to be going pretty far. The two non-flat rates were over 13.00.

I had forgotten about UPS. That is something that I normally check into when sending long distances because their ground service average is 3 days to delivery and their rates can be much cheaper the farther you send, not so on shorter distances like with usps.

There are 2 sizes of flat rate boxes. One is about 2" x 10" x 14, the other is approximately 8" x 6" x 10", The shoe box is around 14 x 8 X 6, I think, so is definitely comparable to the flat rate boxes in size. These are approximate sizes, I have most of them now, just don't feel like getting my tape measure to see for sure! Anyway, USPS.com will send them to you free. They take about 1-2 weeks to arrive. You just have to set up an online id with them.

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Okay,here is the story of"Miss Willmott's Ghost" seeds. Miss Ellen Willmott was born in 1858.Independently wealthy,gardening became her passion.She bought Warley Place & remodeled the gardens.When finished she bought a chateau in France and a villa on the Italian Rivera.She filled those gardens too.It is said that Miss Willmott had 80-100 gardeners working for her and would not tolerate a single weed.She seldom shared plants with others and when she did, gardeners feared them to be invasive.After WW1 she lost her fortune.She was accused of shoplifting,became fearful,and would booby-trap her flowers fearful they would be stolen.She was reduced to living out her life in three rooms of the remains of her once beautiful mansion.In her younger days it was said that she had a peculair habit.She carried seeds of a silvery-blue plant and would scatter them in other peoples gardens.The spiny plant was said to match her personality and would stand out against the green of other plants.To this day the plant is still called "Miss Willmott's Ghost". These seeds can be direct sown in the garden.They like full sun and moist soil with good drainage.The plant might not bloom the 1st year.But blooms show well against pink flowers.They are 18-36" and have silver-blue stems that end in blue-green cones.They make good dried flowers.If you decide not to plant them they might make an interesting trade.(also known as sea holly)Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Letha,
I love that story, The bloom even looks ethereal. Very spooky plant indeed! Who would have thought a plant would carry such a history with it?

o

Alana, I am absolutely positive I will love what you sent regardless of presentation! I am still wanting a guided tour through your gardens and also now that I know ya have a pond AND a greenhouse I would love to see those too! You are amazing and I envy you sooo much!

I received some "Sea Holly" in a seed swap, thats a beautiful picture of them Letha and I love the story behind them! I LOVE learning the History of everything!

Alana back to you... I need a remedy for a wisdom tooth that they tell me I don't have (had three cut out years ago, they told me, and keep telling me, I don't have one on the right lower side of my mouth) but they won't tell me what is making it swell up and hurt! (I already know I have TMJ but thats not what this is), I have a dentist appt next week but sheesh plZzz help. Also, do ya have any herbs that help with minnowpaws (menopause)? I think its a knockin on ma door. (the grouchy part is wayyyy bad, ask anyone I know)

o

I love Miss Willmott's story! I will enjoy growing the plants all the more knowing she was a flake! I can identify with the booby trap scheme. I have a couple of Florist friends who sometimes come looking for something in a hurry. I am not above making a plant a little difficult to access to encourage them to ask before cutting. I never say no, but I like to have a little control-I may have the same thing growing in an inconspicuous spot that I would rather they ravage.

Pixie, I would not want to suggest any remedy for a phantom pain. There are lots of plants with pain relieving properties, but you need to get to the source.
My neighbor calls me a plant witch, believing that he annoys me. In fact, it tickles me, but I have to confess that although I used to be quite knowledgeable about herbal remedies, I have forgotten much of it. I planted a Gingko tree from seed a few years ago to help boost my memory, but I have forgotten how to use it. Gingko is also purported to be a good plant for Mental Pause relief. I suffer from a family curse; we become fertile early and remain fertile late. The menopause fairy has not visited me yet. If you see her, send her my way. I am anxiously awaiting her!

o

o

o

that is such a good story!! a flake! LOL i like to have control over my little bit of plants too! although i'm throwing alot of conversations into here!! as usiual!! LOL
between the kids' homeschooling, house, hubby, plants, i'm busy!! LOL and i tell ya! i don't know how ya reall moms do it!! the bad part is i won't be on here to read anything IF ya write anything, LOL i try to but with emails and all, geez, i'm still sending out my box so don't count me out!! LOL :')) my datura spits seeds out like crazy! and my new canna, is finally setting its second set of flowers so maybe this one will produce some seeds, but i'm not counting on it, considering the first ones didn't. and my castor bean plant is producing the pods! the purple one! cool!! the kids know to stay away from them! talla calls them porcupines, she don't like them. they are like the chestnut ones, she got the chestnut things in her feet before, hurt like heck!!! she flys thru her curiculim. tabor just lazes thru it slowely. adhd makes it hard to do this, the meds made him stay awake, so i took him off it. so now we are to home remedies, he's tried everything else. i don't ask god for patience, geeze he'll give me more than i want to have to be patient about! LOL :')) back to schooling!! LOL hope everyones havng a great day!!

o
It's here!

THANK YOU FISHY!!!!
My SPOOKY box from Fishy arrived today. Was nice to come home to a package after spending all day with my daughter's class,plus having my two youngest in tow. It was Old Fashioned Day,soo they all dressed like the 1800s,& watched how things were done back then.Enough of that ,back to the goods.In the box was :
*White chocolate skull(half gone at this point)
*Teddy bear dressed for halloween in black cat costume figurine(sooo cute)
*'De Caen Mixed' Anemones
*'Passionale'Tulips(2 pks)
*Grape Hyacinths
*'Orange Brilliant' Tulips
* Mixed Fressias
* Maroon & White Glads
Thanks again!EditingMySpace.com,Your one stop graphic spotMyspace Layouts & Graphics
April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Happy!

I thought a white chocolate skull may deterr the kiddies enough for you to have a bite! Yep loads of purple bulbs, with a splash of red, white and orange to stop it from being dull. I looked all over town for black iris or tulips and everyone sold out on the 1st day.

Whee! who's doing the thanksgiving swap? I've already got plans for the xmas ones written out (anal that way).

*sidenote, I'm happy you could read my handwriting*

~fishy

glitter-graphics.com

o

Congratulations April! Very nice Box! EditingMySpace.com,Your one stop graphic spotMyspace Layouts & Graphics

Fishy, Melissa is going to host the Thanksgiving Swap. We are booked through December, with you being the Hostess with the Mostest. Who wants January? I think there are dibs on February already too.

o

Oooooh! I'll take January!!!

o

That's a great box, April! Great bulbs!

I got my plants from Letha all buried today.

o
fyi

Just to let you girls know I've been working nights and sleeping days. I haven't disappeared...

tracyvine... you're AWESOME! More later. ;)

Off to work!

o

Woo hoo! It is official! We are booked with Hostesses for 4 solid months! lol! No beggin or anything! Wow! Klick, thank you for taking January! That is awfully nice of you. I believe Miss Pixie will be taking February.

Alana, you crack me up! I love that you got all your new little friends buried today. lol!

I'm awesome? I don't know why. LOL! Usually I'm just a stinker... POOP!

o

I received a wonderfully SPOOKY surprise today!!!!

Thank You Alana for the best box I could have wished for!!!! I will be emailing you btw cause I am very new to bulbs, but my garden is going to be sooo pretty come springtime!!!

Here is what was in my cauldron....

a HUGE Garlic (what kind is that Alana?) bulb to ward off vampires (look out MUD!!!)
Fritillaria bulbs - Michailovsky
Crocus bulbs - Lucifer
Tulips (I sooo want tulips this spring!!!) ....
Queen of the Night
Tan Sulton (white and green) (plz correct my spelling)
Dutch Iris' Purple and Gold (royalty is what I feel like )
Enchanted Autumn Lily
Black Mondo Grass (I especially love this, it will look sooo good next to my black magic taro!!!)

Best of all... (I feel really special and honored about this).... Gillian Kemp's "Good Spells" book from your own collection, you shouldn't have sweetie but I am very happy you shared it with me. Fox has even been reading through it (ok look out a man reading a spell book doesn't sound good!)

And...... A very cute scarecrow I have named "Mr. Happy" cause he is smiling and bright. He is sitting next to Mr. Crow on my secretary in the foyer.

Thank you sooo much Alana I love it all!!! I love the sweet note also! You are a wonderful person both inside and out. Thank you for such a wonderful box of surprises!

Smiles and Love,
Trina

o

Tracy,maybe your awesome cause your so poopular! Wow, sounds like some great boxes! Hope all you ladies are having a great day! I'm up for joining the Thanksgiving swap.Boy,this year is flying by.

o

Hallo, Ma Petite Letha! Mon Cherie, Mi Amor! Alas, non, I am not so popular as they say, just a Stinker! But may call me Pepe! LOL!

Pixie, what an awesome box! woo hoo! I am a little afraid of you having a spell book though. Hm, She might do an incantation on the dogs and they will have flowers instead of fur!

Well, I am getting ready to settle in for an evening with my favorite men.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oh, and of course McHubby!

o

I forgot to mention .....

Pumpkin Tree seeds and Jack O Lantern Pumpkin seeds. I can't wait to plant these. Some of the Pumpkin Tree Seeds will get planted tomorrow in pots and the Jack O seeds will get planted in the spring. Thank you again Alana. I love every bit of the goodies you sent me!

o

Hey Girls! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! It's almost the weekend, YAY!!! :O)

I don't know if everyone else is day lily crazy like April & I are, but I stumbled upon a GREAT website today. They are having a season end sale, and all their day lilies are half off, and most are in the $2 range!! YAY! :O) There are 211 different ones, and while they aren't THE newest, none of them are ones that I have. Here's the website:

www.gilberthwild.com

Have a great Friday, Everyone!!!

o

bunny, I just took a peak at their site. Wow, they do have a ton of different varieties. Sheesh! Some serious drooling going on over here!

o

Bunny!....
You enabler! I love my lillies and daylillies (I wear them in my curls).

glitter-graphics.com

o

HNB:
Boy am I mad at you, here we are in the middle of a nor'easter and you send me to a daylily site. I just spent $50, now I have to build another garden. Boy did they have some neat flowers. I am so excited about my choices. Have a great Friday everyone. diene

o

Diene and Fishy,
I managed to restrain myself from making any big purchases from the DL site, but I did start mapping out the lasagna bed that I will be putting in the back corner of my yard. That site clinched it for me. There are so many that I fell in love with. One of the reasons I held back is I am not sure how the new daylilies will hold up after planting at this point. So, I am just going to go ahead and put down the bed and plant in the spring. Of course if someone tells me how tough the daylilies are and that they planted theirs in a snowstorm and they had a beautiful turn out in the spring I may just have to go ahead and splurge.

o

Hello Tracy;
Daylilies are almost impossible to kill and any that come from a gardening site should be ready for planting. They may not flower the first year but you have a better chance of getting them to flower if you plant in the fall rather than spring. The prices were great and shipping was very reasonable. I bought some of the more expensive ones because I have alot of the other ones already but I did not pay more than $ 5 for one. It would be nice if you could wait until mine arrived to find out if they are a good supplier. Maybe I should have checked the Rate & Review Vendor forum. I will go do that now. diene

o

Hi, girls! I'm sorry I haven't been around much the last several days! I've been really busy. I just have to come and gripe really quickly. I am so pi**ed off right now. Dave went to deliver his feeders earlier this week in Arizona. On his way back yesterday, he was near Wichita, KS, when his truck broke down (the water pump fell off and went through the radiator.) So he is stuck there until later today, when they fix it, and then he still has to drive the 7 or so hours home. About 1 1/2 ago, one of my neighbors called and told me that 2 of our goats are out. She had a hysterectomy last week, and is home for a while. I went outside to try and get them back in, and the neighbor guy up the hill yells, "Hey Becki, did you realize you have goats out?" I yelled back, "Uh, yeah, that's why I'm out here trying to get them in!" So, I've been trying and trying to get them dam* goats back in, without letting the hogs out (because to get the goats in, I have to open the door to the hog lot.) I seriously thought at least the guy up the hill would come over and help, but I guess not. Then, the husband of the lady that called came home, and I thought sure he would come help, but he went in for a while, and then they both came out and left. I assume she had a dr. appointment or something. But, you would think as I am standing there, they would at least have said, "Hey we'd like to help, but we've got to get somewhere." But nothing. Dave told me to just leave them alone, says they won't go far, and not to worry about it. But, I'm the one here, knowing at anytime they could run out onto the road and cause an accident. I don't care if someone hits them, I just don't want anyone else to get hurt or even cause damage to someones vehicles. (Believe me, I am about to get the .22, but Dave said not to.) So, while I am supposed to be getting a lot of housework done today, which I have avoided this week, as I was cooking, I am here watching the goats. They are eating my bushes and flowers, and then every so often they try to venture out, so I go back out and shoo them back into the yard. I am getting so frustrated! So, anyway, just had to rant a bit! Now, I'd better check what those dang goats are doing! (And you can believe I will be pretty adamant that when Dave gets home, the goats disappear!) Oh, and our wonderful dog, an Australian Shepherd, yes, he should be helping me, but that's not working either. He's scared of them! Ugh!!!

o

Becki,
Based on your adventures I think you have changed my mind. I was contemplating going into the 'rent-a-goat' business as a part time endeavor. That sounds like a full time headache and I am suitably disuaded.

Diene and Bunny and Fishy and Tracy, I am not going to allow myself to look at that daylily site! I don't have the self-restraint to wait and see if the drought breaks before I go adding a bunch of plants.
I will not look! I will not look! Nope. I won't. I had better call up a resistance spell!

o

Don't look Alana! Cover your eyes! See, I had convinced myself that it was too late! Now I have been informed properly and can go shopping! lol! NO, I will wait! I will wait until Diene tells me how wonderful her plants are before I go ahead and order. I saw some very striking ones at Gilberts, put a couple of them in my shopping cart, then tiptoed quietly away from the computer while I still could! I will wait...

o

HeHeHe!! I never knew being an enabler could be such fun!! LOL

Well, I couldn't buy any, either....I had lots picked out and in the shopping cart, but hubby tells me...(and this is a quote, directly from his mouth...) "$39.90 for FLOWERS??? Are you nuts?? We can't afford that?!" I tried to persuade him, telling him that was AFTER shipping, and it was for over 10 plants...but he wouldn't have any of it. Which, honestly...I understand..what with my job situation being up in the air like it is..and Xmas coming up...he's financially stressed. (I think that should be a legal medical condition, BTW)
Anyway....so I didn't get to buy any daylilies...which is KILLING me, because how often do you find them for $2??? ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Okay. I"m better now.
OhMyGoodness, Becki!!! That sounds like our little adventure with the sheep on Wednesday!! Except they were our neighbor's sheep...and they had gotten out and were in the road. A highway, to be exact. Which was HORRIBLE, b'c everyone flies through there. I myself nearly creamed a sheepy because I wasn't paying attention. Just thought everyone was honking and driving really slow because they had nothing better to do. LOL And you know how sheep are. They don't care HOW big your SUV is, they aint' moving until they want to!! So...that was fun, trying to invent ways to get the sheep out of the road. (FYI: bumping them slightly with your car bumper does NOT work...neither does "yo mamma" jokes. They just don't get 'em.) :O)

Well, I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!! Woo-Hoo!! :O)

o
Flowers, goats and men.

I now pick my flowers based on how they will look in my hair (orange isn't a good look for deep auburn). Going to but in the winter peas, onions, lettuces and beans today ("winter" here is a few scattered days of rain, and temps in the 60-70's). Next year I need to put everything out earlier though, we still have melons and pumpkins forming.

I nearly gave Mr fishy a heart attack today, he saw me get down a drill and head to the backyard, apperantly I'm a bit too accident prone for power tools, in his mind. So I explained about drilling holes into the veggie buckets for seniors, and he tells me to load them into the van, and he'll have the boys at work do them all for me, as my drill can't do 300+ holes on the battery (54buckets of 5 & 30 gal size donated & saved so far).

Becki, I hear you, goats are on the list of animals I will never live with again (also on the list, peacocks, donkeys, and noisy "early risers", I nearly strangled my 1st hubby's peacocks more than once).

Bunnies however will always be welcomed here (small, calm, quiet and make free bunny berries for my plants).

Hmmm. Think I can sneak a few daylillies on my visa without telling hubby?

o
Just say no to stella.

Ok I bought a few to replace my mum's Stella with. Stella's wall to wall in her city, as they've built the entire town in the last 10 years (80k population) and every devloper just dumped in miles of stellas. I just can't stand the stuff now. Went with peaches as that's her favorite color.

Tina Renae, Spiffy miss, Lunar lullaby, & Wacky Wonder. Once they arrive I'll plant them in for her, and take the stella away. Hmmm, pretty cheap way to get her off the xmas list, wonder if I should add from my granny & aunt nearby too?

o

glitter-graphics.com

Ok I'm all set for halloween, I *must* have lost my mind, We got an invite to take the center to Legoland's Brick or Treat for free next Thurs (they're filming the commercial and need extras), and as always the parents said yes (90% of our parents are single parent households, and trips to amusement parks aren't always in thier budgets), so next Thurs we're leaving at dawn with 2 buses of 3 & up kids).

o

Hello All;
I just finished cleaning a bunch of seeds and I remembered that someone from this group wanted some of my cream colored hollyhocks. Can you please let me know who that was?
I checked the rate and review forum and Gilbert H Wild is not listed so we will have to wait and see.
Thanks. diene

o

Melissa, Im just doing the "window shopping" on those beautiful plants. I do have a question for you though.....

"Well, I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!! Woo-Hoo!! :O)"

Are you tryin to rush my weekend or did I sleep through it??? It IS just Friday right???? (this blonde stays confused as it is!!!)

ok I planted the plants Alana sent and followed her directions on the bulbs. I also have babies coming up ....
carnation babies, hollyhock babies, lambs ears babies, pepper babies, and hmmm several other kinds of babies!!! My cactus garden will be a cottage garden hopefully!! All the herb seeds I planted in my herb garden are getting big too, Im sooo excited!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Goats

Becky, gonna let ya babysit Rebs for awhile to help ya with the goats! Would send Mud but I think she would be an instigator where as Rebs would help herd them lol. Don't know where he'd herd them too but he would help! lol

Love ya
Pixie

o

My Halloween entry for the day is from my garden this afternoon. A black butterfly counts for Halloween, right?

o

That is beautiful Alana, It does look like a Halloween Butterfly!!!! Look at the gold on the tips how wonderful that you were able to get a picture of it, just beautiful!!!

o

Fishy....
Sent your package off yesterday. DC#03062400000283292568

o

Oh, Alana! That is gorgeous!

Thanks for Rebs, Pixie!! I actually finally got them in myself! I'm pretty proud of that. But, I'm still a little peaved that my neighbors knew what was going on and didn't offer to do anything! Dave keeps saying he wants to move, and I am getting more and more that way as well! I'd hate to leave my family, and I'd hate to drag the kids out of school and make them start over, but those are really the only things keeping us here. Of course there is always the matter of finances as well, but it's something we have definitely thought about! He says the only place he feels healthy anymore is in the mountains, I guess because of the clearer air, so I suppose that's a pretty good option of where we would head, if that ever happens! (Not that I have any desire to leave my gardens here, but the possibility of starting all that over is somewhat exhilerating, you know? I totally want a place with fruit trees! All kinds - apples, peaches, pears, and anything else that grows on trees! And loads of raspberry and blueberry bushes! I could make all the jams and preserves I wanted without having to buy fruit! : )

So, on the subject of jam, we had farmer's market last night, and it went really well. Oh, I am just realizing that the kids will be home pretty soon, and I need to make supper yet, so they can eat right away, and we can leave for Dylan's game. So, gotta go! I'll tell you about market later, I guess. (Might be much later, as Dave will finally be home around the time the game gets over!)

o

Afternoon All! Hope everyone is haveing great day.
Alana, I recieved my trivia prize today. Thank you! I discovered it under my clothesline. I was not home when mailman delivered it, so he left it on the porch. My lovely 9 month old mutt decided it was a tasty snack! He chewed open the box & most of the green was missing from plant . The roots & the name tag are unharmed though.Would like to trade him for a goat some days!!! SmileyCentral.com
Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Ladies... I won't be posting for about a week. I didn't want anyone to think I've skipped out of the exchange. Same goes for my private swappers. :)

o

LOL! Yay! Becki got the pesky varmint back into the pen! woo hoo! I am a little different from you on the idea of moving again, Becki. I would hate to set up shop one more time. My hubby nearly lost his mind with packing up and moving and I'm the one who did it all. He just had to pick up the boxes and put them in the truck to get it all here! lol! Not to mention the wall washing, steam cleaning carpet, painting, and the list goes on. Now, if someone offered me a million dollars I'd consider it! LOL! You better give me the details on how the market went for you! You are leaving me dangling. Better not be too late either because I have to hit the hay early tonight. I have a gig in the morning. Have to be on site at 7am and still have to pick up the pastries on the way! Yikes! I am not a morning person, those poor poor people! I hope I don't dump coffee on anyone! lol!

Klick! Get back here! She is quick as a flash! No worries, we know we got you hooked over here!

Alana, that butterfly is amazing, I have never seen one like that! Lucky Devil!

Atta girl Pixsters! Way to bury em! Woohoo! I think I'd love to tiptoe through your garden one of these days! Bet it is gorgeous!

Alright, back to work for me, need to put together my fruit platter.

o

My gardens aren't that pretty YET!!!! But hopefully come springtime they will be nice!!!! I know forsure now that I have several LOVE gardens and I owe alot of thanks to lots of people!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Hi Ladies!Not much goin on here.Just trying to unwind after a busy day.Alana, that is a beautiful butterfly.We had lots of butterflies this year.More than usual.I guess maybe the extra beds I planted helped.I hope I can get my backyard beds fixed up soon.Do any of you ladies have any suggestions for mulch for seed beds?Or should I just leave them uncovered?

o

Letha, I am deferring to Alana on that issue. She is much more expterienced than I am with seeds.

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 12, 07 at 23:29

Ladies, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I can answer your question about Gilbert Wild. I have ordered daylilies and hostas from them on at least 5 different occasion--twice this year, in fact. They send fantastic plants!!! More than worth the money that you spend. I would highly recommend them. Now, I will shut my mouth. :)

Mary Ellen/Mellen

o

the black butterfly is sooo pretty!!! LOL we are child free tonight. yipppeee!! but lockdown is on!! if it isn't cops or somekinda crazy show with some kinda cops in it. but i downloaded something stupid, a antispyware thing, it was a virus. he fixed it for me. thank goodness for him fixing my errors!!! LOL gotta love the guy!! :')) happy weedend!! corny huh!

o

Thank you Mary Ellen, that is wonderful to know! I really appreciate it!

Letha, I must be typing cross eyed. I meant to say experienced earlier! lol! Don't know how that T got in there! I should have been in bed hours ago. Sheesh!
Tracy

o

well I wasn't going to let this out but Melissa.... SHAME ON YOU!!!!! I was very hard trying to take Tracy's advice and NOT look at the Gilbert Wild site! OK so I peeked... I also bought, alot, but sheesh those prices are unreal!!!! I didn't go overboard though and kept it under 50 bucks (barely) but got alot! When fox asks Imma just going to tell him "the Bunny made me do it" ;) Thanks Mellen for the good feedback on the Gilbert Wild plants.

I am going to a special Nursery in the morning... I just found out that its very close by here from a very special friend from here at GW. She is a very special person and I know that most of ya'll know her. I am excited cause I have lived here since 90 and have never known this Ashley Nursery was here! Whooo Hooo

Tracy, get your behonkis in bed sweetie!!! You have a very busy day tomorrow.

We'll ya'll have a wonderful night and wonderfully spooky dreams!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

If I don't get back here today, have a great Saturday!
I am going to the Daniel Boone Festival today. It lasts a full week, but I try to cram everything into one day-so hard to find parking in the area.
The art show and the quilt show are my favorite parts, but the craft show, antique car show and the primitive village are great too, not to mention all that food! I have a friend who entered the hog calling contest. I don't think she has ever been close to a hog so it should be fun to see what happens if the big pig actually responds!

o

Oh, Pixie! Have fun at the nursery! Sounds like fun!

Tracy - I hope your gig is going well! Sorry I didn't get back on last night! Didn't exactly have the homecoming for my husband I had hoped. Yesterday afternoon Lily and I were playing hide and seek. She gets a kick of me just hiding in totally obvious places, so I laid on our bed and put a blanket over myself. She of course found me right away and was giggling and jumped really hard onto me. Then there was this falling feeling - our bed broke! I couldn't believe it! So I called Dave and told him, and he's like, I'll fix it when I get home (like so many other things that need to get fixed now that he's home.) And I'm like, I really don't think so, it's broken pretty good! So, he gets home and takes a look, and takes the bed apart and puts the boxspring and mattress on the floor. That was a little different. But anyway, at least it works! (reminds me of a long time ago when my ex was just a poor college student, and his bed was a mattress on the floor! Hmm - yeah, memories!)

Oh, yes, market! Well, it is a little slow there, as a lot of the vendors that usually draw a lot of people have quit coming for the year. There is only one more marked left, so everything is just slowing down. I ended up just making my jam, as trying to bake as well was just not going well. It was too much. But, I did bake some little thubmprint cookies for people to sample the jam on. I ended up selling out of eggs (and sadly probably won't have more for next week, as it seems like our hens don't want to lay anymore - another animal problem - looks like something has been getting our hens, because I only count 22 instead of 30, plus I found a bunch of hen feathers somewhere they shouldn't be.) I also took an order for 2 chickens. But the biggest draw was my jam and cookies. So many people came and tried them! And I was told I should sell my cookies as well! It was really good to have people coming over and trying my food, and seeing the expression on their faces! I loved it! I made lots of my strawberry-kiwi jam (very loosly set, as I don't like it really stiff - it was more like fruit in a thick syrup), and I had 4 jars of a no sugar added strawberry-pineapple spread - it tasted pretty yucky to me, but I was glad I brought that, because I sold all 4 jars. People were really happy that I had a no sugar added! Diabetics, and people who were just trying to cut out sugars were really pleased with it. People who are used to sugary though didn't care too much for that one. But it looked really pretty, with vanilla bean seeds all through it. They spread out just perfectly! Anyway, I sold the 4 jars of strawberry pineapple, and 8 jars of strawberry-kiwi. I was really happy with that! But, I DEFINITELY want to add some more flavors next week. Plus, I found out about something next saturday, a flea market type thing, where they are letting vendors set up a table for free!! Unfortuatly, when Dave saw that the house didn't look any better than when he left, he lost some of the enthusiasm for my jam making, and pretty much said no more. But, I think I can change that. So, anyway, I was really happy with how it went, and I derfinitely see a future in this! I plan next to try an apple pie jam, a pear jam with ginger, and a peach preserve with jalepenos in it - the people over on the Harvest forum have been really helpful, and have the most fantastic recipes and ideas! I noticed by watching the jam guy next to me, who has been REALLY nice, that people really like the hot stuff! I am excited to try it!

Durn it! I just noticed my goats are out again!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Dave is home now! Gotta go!

Becki

o

Hello Mellen;
Thanks for the info, please stop by and visit anytime. We can always use more people and especially people who have valuable info we need.
I am pleased because I had already committed myself to my purchase but I was worried that by the time my stuff came, they might have sold out and you guys would miss out. So, now we know, they are reputable. Yeah!! diene

o

Shame on ME, Miss Pixie??! LOL YOU are the one that couldn't restrain herself!!! :O)

Hmm...But you are right...I DO get a certain sick satisfaction from knowing that I have driven my friends to splurging lots of $$ on plants.

HeHEHEEEEEEEEE (evil bunny laugh) My plan for bunny domination is almost complete!!! Waahaaahaaaaa!! (more evil bunny laughter) I can control the minds of gardeners EVERYWHERE with just a subtle nose twitch!! My plan is FOOLPROOF!!!! I shall send out my clones to invade unsuspecting gardens!! And leave little bunny mind control devices that transmit radio waves....And they shall never know!! They'll use it as FERTILIZER!!! (clapping furry bunny paws together)
WaaHaaaaHAaaaaHAaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

*Oh, was that out loud???*
Oops.
:O)

o

Hello everyone,

I am back, and exhausted. I was on the road by 5:40 am and on the way to the job to set up. The breakfast function was at the Cleveland Clinic for about 50 people. When I arrived no one could find the security guard to let us in so a whole bunch of my set up time was eatin up waiting by the van for someone to open the doors! Silliness. Finally got in the building and managed to set up, the coffee took a little long. People were waiting for it to brew. Ugh! Anyway, everyone was very pleased with the food and beverages. I sat through a very interesting presentation on post organ transplant treatments and medications not to mention the fight for coverage on all the anti-rejection medications with the insurance companies. So many of these people have maxed out their insurance policies and were dropped. Terrible. All the guests there and a few of the speakers were recipients of organ transplants. Very positive people who are very grateful to still be with us on this earth. All in all a good morning, everything went reasonably well and the food was tasty. They asked me back for their annual Thanksgiving Celebration in November.

Becki, I am very happy to hear that the jams sold so well! That is great! Good for you. I am sure that Dave will come around a bit after he realizes how the jams are doing. Not to mention people will start recommending you to friends and things will pick up from there. Money, such a nice incentive, a great tool to see reason! lol! Go get them goats girl! Then make goat stew. lol!

o
Nut case!

Bunny,

o

well, we got our final inspection, now we can wait 3 years and get another grant. LOL congrats on the selling of the jams!! jams sound good!! with fresh bread!! LOL i fit into my mom smaller pants! this is so cool!! i am so happy! and i found a place to give talla's older but good clothes to! now i'm happy! my kids are crazyily fishing with their grandparents! and we had rain last night. that was so cool considering we so badly needed it! and now the sun is out like nothing happend. ha but its still cold out!! hubby is buying me a new computer. yay!!! i'm so excited!!! how is everybody's weekend? hope great!!

o

Becki,
Add the jams and jellies to your website too! Becki, I read that to Mr fishy, and he said "oh oh oh! get me some!" *sigh*

check out flylady.com for the house cleaning fast stuff, and by gosh, get the kids involved.

o

I had to tell you about the vanilla beans that I ordered from Organic-Vanilla on ebay. They came in today's mail and are excellent. They are very nice Grade A Organic dark beans, excellent aroma, measure about 7" long and the pods are not split or cracked. I ordered a pound and only paid $23.49 including shipping. There has to be approximately 75 beans here. They came sealed in a plastic bag and the aroma still managed to seep through. Just amazing. I need to pick up some more bottles to start making up more extract. Good stuff!

o

Thanks, Fishy! I will be sure to send Mr. Fishy some when I get you as a partner, if not sooner! I just made one tonight, which is a strawberry with fresh mint leaves and freshly ground pepper. I tasted a little bit of the syrup, and it is so yummy! This one actually has large chunks of strawberry still in it, and it should look really pretty (can't tell yet, as it's still in the canner!) I am going to have to sell this one for $6/half pint though, as it cost a little more to make. And I only have 4 1/2 jars! Pooh! I guess I'll have to make more, but it's a 3-day process, so I'd better get to it! I will most defintely be adding them to my website!

Well, while my hubby (with whom I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with lately) was working with the kids on putting up a new electric fence (not an easy job, with about an acre to fence around), I worked on cleaning the house all day. It actually wasn't too bad, and I was able to listen to a CD Bunny sent me at the same time! Then, when he was in a little better mood, and I knew at least the downstairs was looking pretty good, I said to him, "I think I've done all the cleaning I am going to do today, and I've gotten a lot done, so after supper is it okay for me to finish a jam that I started and need to finish?" He said that was fine. Big improvement after the big time argument we had this morning!

Fishy - I can't tell you how much I appreciate the idea you gave about cookies to try the jam on! The guy next to me just has club crackers, and people really liked to get a free cookie from me! I think that helped! Okay, so they feel a little bit obligated to purchase if they have a nice sample like that, but that's okay, right?? (And no, certainly, a few people ate a cookie and didn't buy.)

Okay, so off to take my jam out of the canner! I'll try to post a picture of it tomorow!

Becki

o
yum

Becki
The Strawberry Mint with Black pepper sounds really good! I bet that would be awesome on scones! MMMMMM, yum! Hot scones and jam! Can't wait to see the pictures when you post! Might lick the screen. lol!

o

Hi to all my newly found ghoulfriends....I just composed a message 13 miles long and I think that I deleted it instead of sent it, so let me try again....first, a big thank you and hugs to Karen for being patient with my being a tad late with getting her goodies sent and a second giant hug and thank you to Alana for also being patient, kind and walking me through my first swap...I have your box all packed and ready to go, Karen, but I missed the Post Office hours by 13 minutes today, funny thing that number, "13'...keeps popping up all over....like warts from a poisonous froggie...just a joke....and a third big thank you and hug to all of you for being so fun and including me in your group....I promise to be bewitchingly fast in future swaps....I am going to overnight your box on Monday Karen and incude an extra goody or two...or maybe........"13????".I truly hope that you like it....
Thanks again to Alana for such a wonderful box...got the garlic round my neck right now, but the family is giving me the evil eye and the "you stink" face....got anything to ward them off for a while?...Love the pumpkin tree seeds but could you tell me something about them...I would hate to make you guys think that I am a witch by putting the ol' "die, seeds, die" spell on them the first week I got them...the bulbs are all so great and such a neat variety....monstrously good job, girl, I mean, ghoul...we watched the "Frogs" tonight, and had a great time.....thanks for the movie, that was a Halloween treat for sure.....Oh, yes, if any of you would like some Baptisia plants, Purple and/or Yellow, just let me know...and of course, Happy Halloween and
Trick or Treats to All.....Sandy

o

Sandy,
Thanks for posting! It's about time you gave us a chance to get to know you a little.
You are not late shipping your box. Monday is the deadline so you will be in good shape if you get to the P.O. Monday and you won't need to rush shipping to be on time. Not everyone has received their box yet, so relax.

Becki, I am glad you are having good luck with your jam. For the holidays, a basket with jam, premixed dry ingredients for biscuits, biscuit cutter, etc. appeals to me as a gift: you might market some that way.
And then there is jam cake; a jar of blackberry jam with a delicious jam cake recipe attached would be nice. Yum!

As we wind up this swap don't forget to go to the Rate and Review forum and leave feedback for your swap partner so they can develop a trading reputation. The newer the member, the more important this is for them.
I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Alana

o

Letha,

I had a apparition appear to me last night,
He whispered to me that a package of trick or treat has been delivered for yee.
He made my hair stand up on end.
My face turned pale in fright.
Whatever you do, don't pick it up at night.
He warned of the Postal Boogie Man laying in wait. Watching for Letha in Horrid Delight.
Rubbing his gnarled hand in wicked glee,
Watching for the sweet little chickadee
To come with hope and excitement to see
What goodies the crazy Tracy would bring.
Carefully, carefully go see.
But keep watch for that nasty Postal Boogie!

o

Alana is right Sandy, you don't have to overnight your box to me!! and I'm sure I will LOVE it!!! Receiving a box is like being a little kid again at Christmas, I think! When I see the mailman pull into my driveway, I know he has a package, and I open the door with a smile on my face from ear to ear! lol

You all have a great day today!
Karen

o

Q: Who was the most famous French skeleton?
A: Napoleon bone-apart

o
Smiles

Halloween Glitter Graphics

Q: What's a skeleton's favourite musical instrument ?
A: A trom-bone !

o

The Halloween butterflies are really cooperating with me.
Here is today's Halloween post.

o

Beautiful, Alana! You are just finding the most beautiful butterflies!

Well, I got 12 half pints of apple pie jam made this morning. Then, we went to the new farm supply store in town, which just opened earlier this week. So, my hubby shows me where the canning things are, and tells me to get what I need! He is such a funny man! So, I bought 24 half pint jars and 12 4 oz. jars, and when he saw me put them on the counter, he's like, "Are you really going to use all those this week?" And I said, "Yes!", so that was that! I sure am getting mixed signals from him, but that's okay. As long as it's more good than bad, I can deal with it! : ) Hope you all are having a good Sunday!

Our Packers game isn't on TV here today, so we're bumming! Oh, well! Gotta go turn on the radio and see how the game is going! Take care, everyone!
Becki

o

All good things here today! Wow!

Alana, that butterfly is gorgeous, you couldn't have put in a request more perfect than all of those amazing butterflies you have visiting you for this spooky season! You must have cast a spell on your gardens.

Becki, That is great news! They are funny creatures, these husbands. I think it is great that he is jumping on the band wagon. I just got back from the Pumpkin Farm with the kids, they had such a good time. Hay rides and Pumpkin picking. Lots of goodies in the market they had for me too. I picked up some Apricot Preserves, A giant bag of macintosh apples and a very nice couple of bulbs of big fat garlic! Very Fragrant stuff, perfect for warding off the vampires and I will plant a few cloves too!

o

Howdy ladies!I got a wonderful box from Tracy!! I was so excited.My hubby and I were talking and drove right past the post office Sat. After a mile or two I remembered and made him turn around and go back.Then the post office had put the box in one of those large drawers with a key and I couldn't get it out.Finally the lady at the post office helped me get it out.I couldn't wait.I started opening it in the truck.Tracy sent- A Teddy bear witch,IRIS-Superstition,DAYLILY-Moonlight-Masquerade ,TULIPS-Arabian Mystery,Black Hero,Blushing Beauty,Angelique,HYACINTHS-Gipsy Queen,SEEDS-Love-lies-bleeding,CONTAINER-handpainted with white pumpkins and berries,COOKIE CUTTER-halloween cat,APPLE BUTTER, two mystery hot wheels and halloween stickers for my boys! WOW!Thank you so much Tracy!I've been planting this afternoon and got the lily and the iris in the ground.I'm putting the tulips and hyacinths in pots that sit in front of my garage.Everybody will see them when they drive up!(BIG HUGS) Letha

o

Wow, Terrific box, Letha!! & Good job, Tracy!!

Okay....we've only got a few more boxes to send/receive, correct?? Then we can get started on the next swap! YAY!!
Alana- would you mind posting an update in the next few days on who has received and sent? I would appreciate it!! THANKS!! It will help me know how much time I have to plan!! :O) I need all the help I can get, ya know!! :O)

o

I need help!!! I went shopping today and bought more spring bulbs. It is a sickness. I have no place to plant them but I could not resist them. I bought some really neat tulips, allium, and another frittalia (sp?). I bought several of them years ago and none of them ever came up. This will be my last attempt.
I have been frantically harvesting seeds, why I have no idea as I will never use them.
I now have to figure out how to get these in the ground in the next few weeks. Pray that I do not buy anything else. Pray hard!!! diene

o

Letha! I am glad you got the box of goodies! Yay! I hope they all do well for you! I had so much fun poking around for stuff. This was a very fun swap! I love sending goodies to you. I cracked up at the mystery cars! I hope the boys like them, whatever they might be. LOL!

Diene, I am praying for you sister, to Saint Anthony, Patron Saint of Lost Causes! LOL! Good luck staying out of the end of season sales. I have 6 clematis coming to me still. LOL. I hope they get here quick. Start throwing your seeds in the neighbor's yard! LOL! Pretty up the neighborhood. Hee hee!

o

I hear the seed swaps calling Diene!!! I think alot of us need that prayer sister Tracy!!!! Lots of baggie ladies around here!!!!

Letha thats an awesome box!!!

Alana you have some beautiful butterflies, I wonder what kind of Thanksgiving and Christmas wonders you will find!!!

Becki great news, sorry though that your game isn't on :( Your going to be busy canning. Fox and I talked about me canning and of course he just laughed, sheesh no confidence in his wifiepoo eh???

It started raining lightly here this evening so maybe it will continue over night and be finished in the morning.. a slow soaker is what we need.

Smiles all,
Pixie

o
Blonde Bombshell

CLAP CLAP CLAP!!

NOTHING WRONG WITH US BLONDES THAT GLASSES CAN'T HELP!!!

CLAPPIN ALONG WITH YA HUNNY BUNNY

o

Tracy,The boys loved the cars.How did you know they are crazy about hot wheels?Today is Avery's birthday so the car was a little extra for his birthday.He has carried it around all day!We spent most of the day outside.Diene-I've got the same sickness.Every time I went shopping for Alana I bought extras for me.Do any of you other ladies do that?Tracy-I really loved the colors of the bulbs you picked for me.I especially loved the hyacinth color.I have never seen any that color.Hey ladies,I found a suprise in my flower bed this morning.....an iris...in October!I'm including a pic.Alana-you have the most beautiful butterflies.I love them but I can't catch them with my camera very well.I think I need an upgrade.Maybe Santa will be good to me this year(hehe) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
birthday boy!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Okay,I just had to include a pic of the Birthday Boy!

o

Letha, It must be the crazy weather we've been having here in AR...I've got a yellow iris about ready to bloom, too! Should be open tomorrow..I'll try to snap a picture of it when it opens, and maybe someone can help me identify it. :O)
Your birthday boy---What a cutie!! And such great taste in trucks, too!! LOL

I am jealous of everyone's Hyacinth!! I haven't seen any in stores around here... I've wanted them for a long time! My parents had some when I was little, purple ones...But I haven't seen any in flower gardens around in ages! :O(

Does anyone know if Hydrangeas do well in Shade?? Not deep shade, just mostly shade. I've got an area around my front porch, that faces west.. with large walnut trees in front of it, so it only gets about 2 hours of direct sunlight during the day. The rest of the day, it's filtered and fairly shadey. I'd like some shrubbery (NEE!) but something pretty...not just everygreens. So I was thinking Hydrangeas would be a nice middle...something that wouldn't be too ugly during winter, but would bloom during summer.
Anyone have any ideas?? :O)

o
Another bunny question!

Okay, girls...I've got another question, aside from the "what to plant in the area around my front porch" question. lol

Hubby is going to start doing alot of traveling with his job, and I want to get a dog to keep me company...and keep me safe at night. LOL :O) Preferably a BIG dog, because she'll be keeping me warm at night, too. (can't sleep by myself...I suffer from insomnia on a good night, on a bad night- like when I"m alone - I can't even go in the bedroom!) Anyway....the basic criteria are:
1- has to be a medium/big sized dog
2- has to be well behaved- and EASILY housebroken.
3- has to be EXCELLENT with kids
4- preferably a deep voice bark. I don't like yippers. :O)
5- Has to have presence enough to make sales men and other strange people respect my space & think twice about coming onto my property.

Okay..I think that's it. So far, I am thinking along the lines of a German Shepherd...but a Rottweiler is on the list too. Although, they do like to play a bit too much. :O)

What do you girls think?? I am researching this & giving this alot of thought before I make a decision. So any suggestions and personal experiences would help me decide. Be honest, Be brutal!! :O)

Well...OK. Just be honest, anyway. LOL :O)

o
pooches

Bunny,I can't wait to see your iris.We've had a good fall here around the Ft.Smith area.Warmer alot longer than usual.I had a german shepard once.She was beautiful.Great with kids too.But it was funny when someone would pull into the drive.(we got lots of door-to-door)They did not get out of their car!And if they waited around long enough she would stand up and put her paws on the window ledge and look in at them.It was funny for us but not for them(hehe).She was great though,very loving.Her name was Sam.We now have a weiner dog(built more like a sausage)outside.He has the heart of a lion.Nobody would dare go in our backyard.He really has the body of a really stout dog,but little short legs.He is a really good dog too.His name is....you guessed it Weiner Dog!

o

awwww Bunny..... Here is what I would recommend but you know me!!!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Boxers are wonderful with kids, very protective, loving and want to please their family. They are very easy to housebreak, have an intimidating face, body bulk, deep bark, and very easy to train.

There are boxer rescues all over the country. We won't have puppies til springtime or I'd mail ya one. :)

Letha you have a lil charmer there!!! Happy Birthday, he is a cutie!!!

o
Awwwwwwww!

You'd mail me a boxer? Really?? *squeal* :O) They're so cute!! I'll put Boxers on my list of "doggies to meet & greet" too. Lots of loving to do before I decide on one! :O)

o

Sure I'd mail ya one!!!

o

Letha! I am glad the boyo's really like the cars! Happy Birthday to Avery!!!! Handsome little Devil! Love that blond hair. Smooch him for us! How did I know about the hotwheels? Hm, I have 4 boys! lol! The White Iris is gorgeous. I will be coming down there and pinching it in the middle of the night! Beautiful. I am so glad you like all of the colors. The hyacinth really surprised me that it came in that color, I liked the name too. All of the plants that I sent you have a little duplicate sitting here for me too. I thought it would be nice to see them in the spring and think of all the nice people that I sent them to, it will make me think of all the fun giggles we have had.

o

OMG - girls! I noticed the other day that I have an iris ready to open as well! One I just planted like a month ago from a swap. I was shocked! I've never had an iris before, so I don't know how much longer till it blooms, but I would guess a couple days or so. Not just in Arkansas, girl!

Letha, what an adorable little boy! I hope he had an awesome birthday!

I hope you are all having a splendid morning! Off to get the kids up!
Becki

o

Okay, so I don't know much about Iris (Okay, I know nothing. Just that they smell good & are pretty.) But maybe there are reblooming varieties?? It would appear so, huh? :O)
Well, in any case...mine hasn't popped out yet. I think the rain is discouraging it. It looked for certain that it'd be open today. :O( Oh well, that just means I get to enjoy it longer! :O)

Well, it's happened again...My hubby is doing the Martha Stewart thing again. I came home last night to find him organizing (gasp) the kitchen cabinets!! Had all the pots and pans out in the middle of the floor, and was arranging the shelves according to "bakeware, glassware, metal, pans, machines, & extras"!!! Get this......He even LABELED the shelves!! Presumably so I would know where he wanted stuff stashed after spending 6 hours cleaning. LOL Too funny by far. :O) I wonder if they have help centers for this sort of thing??
Oh well, I guess he's entitled...after all, he DOES do the dishes!!! :O)

o

Good Morning Ladies;
Hydrangeas do well in partial shade, they are considered a shade plant. Golden Retrievers are great dogs and very intimidating to stranges but German Shephards work also. Rottie's can develop a nasty streak later in life and they have such powerful jaws. They can be quite dangerous.
I know nothing about boxers but they certainly look intimidating to a stranger.
There are reblooming irises or it could just be because of strange weather. I have some daylilies blooming now, well yesterday. We had a frost last night so I think they are probably dead today.
Hope everyone is having a great day. Take care. diene

o
I got a box.

Been a crazy weekend, but I'm gonna start with my box.
1. A skeleton groom flag,
2. 2 sheets of window clings
3. a craft kit for hanging ghosts
4. Muscari - dark eyes
5. bolderdash
6. 4 queen of the night tulips
7. cinderella's coach
8. a blue gerinimum
9. 2 black parrot tulip
10. 2 Oktoberfext bearded irises (hubby asked where the beer was to go with)
11. 15 lucifer crocosmia

All tucked in little tissue paper wrapped frillies

Most of these are new to me, so I'm heading over to google next.

Thank you so much Paula, it's all very lovely.

o
Crazy weekend

My mother phoned on friday, seems the AARP (or someone, she wasn't making much sence) sent her some letter on a seminar on "Grandparents Rights", and said she'd like to take the boys on Sunday. Now my mum is quite high-strung, and I have a son who needs a very mellow, adult has it under control approach, but I figure she can't do too much damage taking them for 1/2 a day, right?

She decides to take them to a harvest fair (she hates dirt, animals, rides, basically everything there), but her scarpbooking club has taken all of thier grandchildren, and she wants photos to scrapbook, with the new fall paper pack. So she picks up the boys early for breakfast and to have thier "adventure". I had my cell on my hip all day, incase, but it didn't ring.

Around 3 PM she shows up, with tear streaks in her makeup, hair a mess (she is never mussed up at all), with my kids eating ice cream cones, and my dad busting up. I ask Dad what happened, after sending the boys to the backyard with thier bubble wands. Seems Erik made my mother go into the petting zoo pen and pet the animals, which you know... are dirty. Apparently this ruined her new high heeled suede boots, she bought for this outing, but she slathered on gobs of antibiotic sanitizer, and was ok. On the way back, Evan tells her he has to potty (she learned from disneyland last spring that when he says he can't wait, to pull over or the leather seats gets it), so dad pulls over and says here's a bush. My mother is CERTAIN he'll find a snake, so goes with him. Well Evan being himself, doesn't like the bush next to the car, and walks 4 bushes down, then moons the hwy. Evan sees a hole in the ground, and aims squarely into the hole to pee... and an irrate gopher shoots out and "charges" my rat/mouse/animal phobic mother. Mum runs to the car, screaming the whole time, while Evan jogs after her "don't worry grandma, not all gophers have rabies!" In the last few miles to our house my mum had a breakdown crying fit, so dad gives her a min in the car, and buys the boys icecream.

After my parents leave, Evan looks at me, why is Grandma so weird? uhhh I dunno, go finish your ice cream.

o

Fishy, What a great Trick or Treat Box. They all sound very nice!!! You just reminded me of something that I picked up for Letha but was unable to send.

Letha, Sadly I picked up a Geranium "Little Monster" for you but the dang thing had aphids eggs all over it. They hatched in the house. I had brought it in because our temps kept dropping at night. The next day Pat yelped because a little light green bug hit him in the nose. I couldn't figure out where they came from. Started nosing around and sure enough, there were tons of eggs all over the stems and plenty of the little bugs starting to munch on it. Gross. So, I threw it outside and have been treating it ever since to see if it can be saved. Grrr. So, if it becomes de-infested I will be sending it down to you.

Bunny, I picked up a few Hydrangeas this summer. I planted 3 of them in the shade garden where they get dappled light throughout the day. They get about 2 hours of direct sun. They seem to be liking it there so far. The one I have in full sun for the first half of the day has not bloomed in 3 years. It is possible that it is because it has gotten bit by late frost all three springs and it nipped the buds, but it has lush green growth and is very full.

o
Pumpkin Farm

Oh my gosh, I am busting up at your poor Mom! ROFL! LOL! My mom will not take the kids anywhere! LOL! For fear that she will lose control of the situation! Too too funny. Oh, thank you for the laugh! I needed that.

Here are a couple of pics from our outing to the pumpkin patch yesterday.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After everyone picked their pumpkin and grabbed some goodies the kids found a hill that was perfect for rolling down. They had a blast tumbling down again and again. Emma wanted no part in rolling on the grass so she just looked on disapprovingly. Such a girl. lol!

o

Tracy-The kiddos are soooo cute.Hey and thanks for not sending the buggies.I've brought in beautiful flowers before that I picked growing wild and paid the price.I brought in little green bugs with them.The iris may be a reblooming one.It has bloomed twice this year.(Apr.&July)But Oct?Never had one that late.I think our lovely weather might have helped.

o

Thing is, it's not that the boys were trying to be punks, they were just doing normal boy stuff for 3 & 7 year olds, and she can't handle that. If they were trying to act up it would be different, but they aren't really aware that grandma didn't have a great time.

o

HOWWW FunnyBunny that your hubby would do that, I was told last night that I can't even load the dishwasher right!!! Sheesh all the dishes get in there regardless of how wrong I load it (I didn't know there was a right and wrong way to do that!) Fox did the shelf labeling thing a few years ago lmao that lasted hmm I think a week. Its a nice gesture though but they don't realize that for us short people ya can't put the things we use all the time on the high shelves!

Fishy your poor mom, I am laughing cause I can just picture my mil doing the same thing. Boys will be boys! Thats a wonderful box that Paula sent!

I am kinda jealous of ya'lls iris' and dl's blooming!!! I WANT a bloom!!!!

The kiddos look like they are soo happy Tracy! great pictures!

Well its off and on sprinkling and sunshining here today makes it hard to work outside so guess I have to work inside YUCK!

Smiles,
Pixie

o
I'm a dork

I know it's no secret, I looked up each flower on google and noted height and color for planting, and like a dork, thought "wow, how did she know Evan's favorite color is orange and peach?" hubby shakes his head "woman, you were supposed to send halloween colors, like orange". Fishy needs her coffee. Ok I'm off to caffinate, and buy some more pots to plant.

o

lol, fishy you are too funny. I know exactly what you mean about the boys just being themselves, same deal here with my mom. lol

o

It has been so much fun reading the notes from you guys and I will add some soon....just now I wish to let Karen know her confirmation #....0306-1070-0003-6826-5162.....I hope that I was supposed to put that here.....hoping you enjoy the box.......

o

Alana, I've sent you an email. Let me know if its been received. Thanks!

Sandy, I'll be on the look out!! :)

Hope everyones day has been going good. I had to take my 6 year old to the dentist this morning. I discovered over the week end that he most likely had a tooth abscess, and he did, so the poor guy had to have a tooth (molar) pulled. He was brave, but once the novacaine (sp?) started wearing off, he was a hurtin! He seems to back to his normal self now though! Well, I better go and make snack for the after school kids.
Karen

o

Karen, that is terrible. Poor little boy. Good to hear he is feeling better. Pat had to have a tooth pulled when he was 7. He is a grinder in his sleep. He broke the tooth clear in half. We had it pulled and a spacer put in to keep the section open so the molar behind it didn't move over and block the adult tooth from coming down. Quite an expensive mouth this kid has between the grinding issues and how whenever he falls he seems to land on his mouth. I think this has happened 3 times now where the dentist had to be called. Sheesh!

o

I got it Karen, thanks!
Bunny, I am working on the list of completed swaps and hope to post it tomorrow. I had a couple of loose ends I need to pursue before I post the list.

Sandy thanks for posting your DC number. You are handling your first swap like an old hand.

No butterfly pics today. I saw some Monarchs this morning, but I am not feeling so hot. I was fine when I got up this morning, but as the day has worn on, I have started to feel yucky. I believe I am coming down with something.

o

Thanks, Alana, when I got to the post office on Friday with my box, they told me I should use the flat rate one, so I took everything home and redid it and then took it back Saturday and was too late because they had already closed at 11:30 so I brought it home, opened it to check stuff and add something, resealed it and took it to the post office today and they told it was not in the flat rate box, but in the lookalike box which would cost $4 more to send....so.............since I only had a check with me already made out for the flat rate amount, and I could definitely not chance heading home to retrieve cash and credit cards, again we opened the box, repacked it and finally, finally it got sent....lol....I sure hope I got everything in there......Now tomorrow I have to mail seeds and plants from our Japanese Hardy Orange shrub to a professor in Romania who has asked for them.....guess I am going to learn all about packing and shipping through gardening.....if any of you would like seeds or plants from this pretty but wicked shrub let me know....I will be heading off to our state fair tonight with the kids....hugs to all....

o

Alana, I am sorry that you are feeling yicky. Get some rest. These bugs that have been zipping around have been no fun at all.

Sandy, I feel terrible for you that you had to keep repacking that box! Sheesh. Poor girl. Have fun at the fair tonight!

o

Alana- get to feeling better soon! There's nasty bug going around, I hate to think you've caught it now too!! :O(

Fishy....I have been laughing all day thinking about your poor mom!! No offense meant....but it seems like it should be a scene from a Chevy Chase movie!!! :O) Oh my.

Hope everyone else has had a great Monday as well!! :O)

o

Thanks Becki!He had a great birthday.Bunny-I need to borrow your hubby to arrange my cabinets!My hubby would never attempt to do that in a million years(lol).He still doesn't know where the bowls are in the cabinet and we've lived here three years!Alana-Hope you get better soon.

o

Evening Ladies! I thought I would go back and copy the swap list over here. We are so chatty that I can't remember who is sending to whom. We have posted so many threads since it went up that it is hard to find. Thought I would stick it on here to refresh everyones memory. Maybe we could all let Alana know if we have received our boxes on this thread to make the wrapping up a bit easier on her.

debbya to kalena
kalena to diene
becki to medo
medo to paya
letha to poison
poison to pixie and sandy
pixie to tracy
tracy to letha
klickitat to debbya
diene to becky
dirt to klickitat
fishy to dirt
paya to fishy
sandy to ?

o

I did receive a wonderful box from Alana. Thank you again Alana.

I also sent a box to Tracy but she won't recieve it until tomorrow.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

mine went to karen-kalena

o

Hi I sent to Klick & recieved from Fishy
later...April/dirt

o

And I sent to Medo, and received from Diene!
Becki

o

Fishy.
Glad you received your package. The Cinderella Coach Bearded Iris is one of my favorites... I am sure it will be one of your's too.

Thought I would post some pictures of the plant's.

Lucifer Crocosmia
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cinderella Coach

Balderdash

Black Parrott

Queen of the Night

Paya10shn (Paula)

o

Hello Paula;
I love the balderdash. I also received some Queen of the Nights tulips so I am thrilled to see them. I have the lucifers and they are great. They bloom late here and so people always notice and remark on them.
Poison are you better yet? I hope everyone else is well.
diene

o

I recieved from paula, and sent to dirty.

That crosomina has me so excited, I love reds.

o

I got my creepy crawly Halloween Box of Tricks and Treats from Trina today! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Trina! Woo hoo! My kids are going nuts with all of the fun things she sent to them. OH WOW I am overwhelmed with all the fun she packed into this box. She sent Hummingbird Vine Seeds, Salome Narcissus, Latifolium Muscari, Violet Queen Crocus, Bat Faced Cuphea! This is so awesome! It has red and purple blooms with blackish face and ears of a bat!!!
She also sent a fantastic Happy Halloween Sign that I think she made and painted herself! I love it, I hung it over the fireplace!
There is a very cute Jackolantern Votive Candle holder, Pretty Daisy Oven Mitts, Mulberry Scented Candles, Super Heavy Duty Stainless Measuring Spoons (woo hoo), Some very cute spooky black cat candles and Jackolantern candles, Earl Grey Green Tea, Coffee Candy, Chocolate Cinnamon Pastries, Raspberry Cinnamon Pastries, Sweet Cinnamon Pastries, and the craziest looking Black Devil Rubber Ducky! LOL! This would be why she keeps calling me her Ducky devil! LOL!

Then she sent this gigantic lot of loot for the kiddos:
Oozing Eyeballs Candy (ewe gross!LOL!), Rubber skeletons, bats, spider rings, creepy black ants, a skeleton wind spinner, Glow in the dark Monsters, A cackling Witch, a Super creepy snack plate that is clear plastic with blood in the bottom that swishes around the 2 skeleton heads at the bottom of the 2 bowls! Creepy! Oh, and these really awesome bottle toppers with straws! Now Emma and Danny will stop spilling all over themselves when they get to sip on a bottle of pop! They keep tipping them back like sipper cups!lol! The kids have been running around all evening whooping it up chasing each other with all sorts of creepy crawlies and scary monsters! Trina, thank you soooo much. Everything is fantastic! The kids and I love everything, oh, and Mr. Ed has already dived into the box of chocolate pastry cookies!

o

I am sooo glad it got there! I am also very happy that the kiddos liked the goodies. (Ok I'm glad you liked the goodies too!) You are very welcome for the box sweet Ducky Devil!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Awsome boxes!Okay I sooo want some Lucifer Crocosmia.Pixie-Wow you pack a cool box!The Bat Faced Cuphea is so neat.I've never seen that one before.And for the record I recieved from Tracy.

o

Sorry to go MIA. I just got out of bed. I can't remember the last time I felt so blah. I hope everyone else is fine. It looks like some more great Halloween boxes have been received. Congratulations!
I think I had figured out that we were two (maybe three; I had a question in my mind about one) boxes short of all being accounted for either as received or in transit, but now that I am sitting here, I can't remember which two. As Scarlet O'Hara said "I'll think about that tomorrow."

o

Hello Poison;
Is that like being a sandwich short of a picnic?

o

Well, we all know I"m a few nuts shy of a fruitcake. :O) So don't feel TOO picked on, Poison!! LOL
Although...maybe Diene speaks from experience??? :O)
LOL

Okay, girls...I no longer have internet at home, so I won't be on much..except at night, when I'm at work, and can sneak onto the computer. :O)

But I tell ya...I am SOOOOOOOOO put out with my computer!! I just want to fling the flippin' thing out a 10 story window....or turn it into a flea..a harmless little flea..and put that flea into a box..and put that box inside another box and then mail it to myself..and when it arrives...I'll SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!! HaHaHaHAaaaa.... BRILLIANT!!!

Hmmm....too many Disney movies for me.

But I really REALLY do hate my computer.

Really.

o

Oh my, bunny, remind me to come over there and take all of the hammers out of the house for you. No breaky breaky the puter! Sheesh! LOL!

As for me, I have all my nuts, I am fully packed on the sandwiches, however, I am a few ounces short of a pound cake.

Alana, I am sorry you are feeling so yicky. Boo! Bad news. Feel better quick, you have brews to concoct and spells to cast. Halloween is coming fast. I spoke to Medontdo. She is a little backed up and will be sending her box on a little later this week. She did receive hers from Becki.

Paula, Those blooms are beautiful! I especially like the Balderdash. They are all stunning.

Pixie, You are one crazy devilish duck yourself dear! LOL! Pecan I mean, Deviled Pecan, yes, mm hmm!

o
Uh Ohhhh

Looks like the hammer is high tailing it out of dodge!

o

Hello Tracy;
Remind medo to let you know what great things becki sent if she has not already posted that info. I looked back a bit and did not see it but that does not mean it is not there. In case it is not, I know that I enjoy hearing from my partner about their box, we are all very giving people and part of that comes from our need to make people happy. If we do not get the feeling we made someone happy, what fun was that? Thanks. diene

o
STOP!! Hammertime!

o

Diene, I think I am short more than a sandwich! I have no hope of getting in to see my Dr. this week so I am going to visit the urgent care clinic this afternoon. I have had a bit of a cough for about a month, but I chalked it up to my usual seasonal allergies. This seems to be something else entirely. I am trying not to let my mother find out....she will say it is a result of the flu shot I got a few days ago and there will be no way to get her to take one.

Diene has a good point about posting when you receive your box. We not only like to share in each other's pleasure, but the sender especially needs that positive feedback.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe these three boxes have not been confirmed as sent:
debbya to kalena
medo to paya
klickitat to debbya

Please let me know if I missed anyone.

o

Diene, Medo did post what I sent. She listed it all, but added "sludge", which had me startled for a moment! : ) All taken care of!

OMG - I can't believe the Bat Faced Cuphea! That is so scary looking! Who knew a flower could raise fear in me?? Ick!

Off to finish making my seedless chocolate raspberry jam! It took me FOREVER to get those seeds out yesterday! I told my hubby that I really want this Villaware Food Strainer with a berry screen, and he thinks I've lost my mind. He says nobody wants raspberry jam without seeds, and I said, but I would! I don't like seeds in my food! Supposedly what took me almost 2 hours yesterday would only take me about 10 minutes with this thing! (This is according to people here on GW, not the manufacturer.) Anyway, I think I will be saving money for that - it should work for all kinds of berries, apples and tomatoes! What a timesaver that would be for me! Okay, so now, I need to finish this jam! Have a great day, everyone! And I hope you feel better soon, Alana!!
Becki

o

Diene, I agree with you completely about a proper thank you being posted on the boards. It certainly gives me pleasure when a gift I sent strikes a chord with my partner. A very good feeling.

Now that Becki has reminded me of Medo posting the "sludge" from her Trick List I am giggling all over again. Silly girl, what a Trickster! Yes, Medontdo has gotten super busy with all of the ins and outs of beginning the Home Schooling. I have only had a few quick emails back and forth with her. The kids seem to be doing pretty good with it. Talla seems to be soaking it up especially!

I think Klick posted last week that she would be off for the week this week. I don't know if that means she is out of town. I haven't heard from her.

Alana, This has been an amazing Month for me. I am blown away by how fun this swap has been. I think that you have done an incredible job hosting. This has been so Imaginative and Creative. This has been excellent. I hope you feel better. Glad to hear you are getting in to the UrgiCenter. Mums the word, we won't tell your mom about the flu shot! My lips are zipped.

Becki, you are amazing me again! I am wondering what method you used on the raspberries. I hate raspberry seeds in my food. Can't stand it!!! I can't imagine how you picked them all out of the berries. You are much more patient than I am. Chocolate Raspberry Jam? I am simply drooling thinking of it! I make a Chocolate Cheesecake with a Sweet Raspberry Sauce, you are making me think that a little of your jam warmed up would be so much better with it!

I hope everyone is having a great day! Oh, and Bunny, no touchie touchie the tools!

Tracy

o

Chocolate raspberry jam? Wow! That sounds incredible!

I am glad I went to the clinic. An ear infection, bronchitis and maybe a touch of what my granny called pee-new-moan-ya, but nothing some antibiotics, rest, fluids, etc. can't handle. If I seem a little weird for a day or two, it may be because I got some meds that are supposed to force me to rest since I have trouble doing that on my own.

Tracy, I don't think I can express how much fun I have had with this swap. Everyone has been wonderful! I almost hate to see it come to an end.

I snapped this picture of this "Halloween" Monarch earlier today. He had recently emerged and was stretching and drying his wings.

o

I totally agree Diene, it gives me a good feeling knowing that a box I sent is making someone happy even in a small way.

I did laugh at the sludge though and can just imagine the confused look of Becki's face. I want to travel through Becki's pantry sheesh sweetie you make some awesome things!!!

Beautiful Butterflies Poison! I think your gardens are amazing and I love seeing the pictures of the visitors that frequent them. Alana this has been a super fun swap and I hate to see it end also! You have done a great job at hosting. You better take care of yourself and do what the dr says! I am happy you went. I hope you are 100% well soon, sending hugs your way and prayers.

Just a reminder to self... DON'T send Bunny power tools for Christmas!!!!

Smiles
Pixie

o

Alana, You certainly came down with the nasty bugs! Poor girl. I am glad they gave you the "we will make you rest" medicine. I am like you, too much to do to take time to recuperate. I love the Monarch, do you sit and wait for them to get these amazing pictures? You must be like the wilderness photographers who camp out and keep a vigilant watch. Amazing. This has been the most fun I have had in a swap so far, and with this group that is hard to beat!

I just planted my bulbs, and Mr. Bat Face and pulled my tomato plants. I have a bushel of green tomatoes to let ripen in the house somewhere. Can't imagine where I can set them though. Counter space is at a premium here! My green peppers are still growing, planted them late and they are a little on the puny side. Hoping we don't get a frost yet and can let them go for a bit longer. Hint, hint, Becki, feel free to chime in on frost tolerance! lol! I still have a few more things to get in the ground and then it will be on to planning out the new bed for spring. I have so many wonderful plants from all of you that I need to make more spaces. Still pondering on the daylily purchase. Diene, did your arrive yet? How long is the estimated delivery time? I need to make a move if I am going to purchase some. Time to decide I suppose! lol!

Tracy

o

Tracy,
Hate to inform you ,but that site Bunny sent us to is though shipping for this year. I waited too long to order..(sobbing)went there yesterday it was toooo late.SmileyCentral.com
I gotta run, recieved huge amount of plants today.Time to get them in the ground.
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

do you know i actually have like 2 seeds of that bat faced cupea thing. never planted it. afraid it might fly off there and get me!! to many movies of that sci fi jeepers creepers!! ewww!! LOL some things are just stuck in my mind forever!! LOL as if i wasn't busy enough, then i posted about the salvia's and mg's, how stupid am i?? but now i have this other salvia that is at least 3 ft tall and lavender colored and has big pods all the way down. don't know the name. dummy me planted them all,threw them all in there!!
oh bunny i'm so sorry!! pc's suck at time's!!! gotta go fake like i'm cleaning again and give them work!! LOL paya i promise to get ur box out this week!! so sorry!!!! and becki yours was awesome!! talla has used all the little extra's everywhere! LOL

o

April!
OHHHH NOOOOOOO! I am sad, I procrastinated too long. Ugh! Oh well, I have enough to do as is right now and not enough space. I need to get to it with the lasagna bed. I didn't pick up the straw Sunday like I planned so will pick it up in the next couple of days. I have a giant pile of newspaper ready to be used in there. Got my weekend planned with that.

I am sorry that you missed out though. Terrible luck!
Tracy

o

I received a spooktacular prize box from Sandy today!!! Thank you so much!!! I love everything! This is what I received:

Seeds: Catnip, Sea Holly, Mixed Anemones, Pansy 'Black Prince', Poppy, 'Black Beauty', Broomcorn 'Sorghum', Pumpkin 'Baby Boo', Viola 'Frosted Chocolate',
White 4 O Clocks, and Indian Corn. (I got hooked on Winter Sowing last year, so these will go into my seed bag for this coming years' sowing!)

Bulbs: Allium Persian Blue, Pink Buttercups, Giant Daffodils 'King Edward', Iris Blue Magic, Mediterranean Bells, 'Queen of Night' Tulips, Lycoris, and a Garlic Bulb (to ward off Vampires, lol)

Live plants: Some iris rhizomes and sweet potato.

And for the sweet tooth, some Blood suckers (strawberry flavored) and a cute little pumpkin with Bubblegum inside.

Thank You so much Sandy!! I still need to look some things up online, and learn a bit about them. It has been so dreary and rainy this week, but I think it should clear up on the week end, and then guess what I'll be doing!! Planting all my goodies! Oh, and the seeds came in cute little Halloween gift boxes, with pictures of the flowers included. Thanks again!, Karen

/graphics/Halloween/spook.gif

Myspace Editors

This image is from Halloween Graphics

o

Congratulations Karen! Just Bootiful! They all sound great! Wonderful Job Sandy! woo hoo!

My husband has hijacked the remote control and is watching the Bionic Woman. He had a huge crush on Lindsey Wagner the original Jaime Summers from the show in the 70's/80's. I just don't know what to make of this. He might turn me in for a bionic model! lol!

o

Wow, Great box, Karen!! Congrats again on winning!!

Well, I didn't smash my computer (yet) but that's only because I can't FIND the dadgum hammer!! I am sooooo seriously fed up with that thing. UGH, can't stand it. I walk past it, and I can't even LOOK at it now!! The thing is driving my bonkers!!

So....How did everyone's Wednesday go?? Swell, I hope! Besides having a few tornado threats here, it's been fairly quiet. We're under a watch right now...nasty storms brewing out west. I just might fly away...I'll let ya'll know if I'm not in ARkansas anymore. LOL
Seriously, the only thing I"M worried about is the 400+ft communications tower 50 ft beyond the back door! Now, I ain't a genious...but I'm thinking that those teeny weeny wires aren't necessarily gonna hold that sucker if a large tornado comes through. Yikes. There's a thought. :O)
You should be here when lightning strikes it. Now.. boy..that's fun.

Wheee.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Oh my goodness! Flying Bunny?
Taken away by tornado?
Going to Oz! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hey, don't forget to kill the Wicked Witch while you're there! Bring your ruby slippers! Will you bring me a souvenir when you get back? I like those striped socks the witch has!

I can't imagine being that close to one of those towers in a big storm. Yick. I am not a huge fan of heavy storms in the first place. But being close to tall trees, wires or towers and you will find me in the nearest hole!

o

Sooommmwhere Oooover the RAINbow!!!!

Okay...storms over...It's all good. Still in AR. I think.
Can't get outside for all the debris in front of the doors. LOL

o

There's no fear Super Bunny is here! Woo hoo! Glad you had a safe landing! Now, time to clean up that mess!

o

I have a lot of reading & catching up to do!
Kalena's box is going out today, I'll post the DC# when I return home from the PO.

Deb

o

Good Morning! I posted a new thread for us!

Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here