Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

Oct. Hort. Anon 'Masquerade Party' no pic thread :-)

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

I thougth I would start a thread that doesn't have the pics so it will load up faster! We'll use the other thread to post all our lovelies!

I'm making roast and ohhhhhhhh it smells sooooo good. I'm hungry, LoL.

I will post here in a bit of who has received so far!

Comments (72)

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

OK, where is everyone?????????????
    Here...............all alone..................
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..................

Hello??????????

Yoo-hoo????????????????

Knock knock.....................

Yep, here alone................. just making sure.

Bye me

Tina (LoL)

• micke
    17 years ago

I am here! been trying to hunt a particular houseplant down all evening, no luck. Dial up stinks!
    micke

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What'cha looking for?
    If by chance I have it, it's yours.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'm right here Tina. Been working extra hours and just got online. Didn't have a chance to check in for almost two days - GW withdrawals!

Also, my DH finally is trying to learn how to navigate the internet. Caught him last night on Home Depot Supply looking at (staring at) ceramic knobs. Go figure.

• micke
    17 years ago

Tina,
    that is so sweet of you! It is a plant I have that I am trying to properly identify, I cannot find a pic of this one anywhere! All it said on the pot was Monstera, I got discouraged with hunting it down. it has no splits in the leaves, it is dark green shiny foliage that has a huge heart shape to it and grows from a straight stem, anyone have any ideas?

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Michelle -

Check out the following link

www.wschowa.com/.../araceum/monstera/pertusa.htm

Hope that works!

Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maybe try this one instead:

http://www.wschowa.com/abrimaal/araceum/monstera/pertusa.htm

OK, hopefully THIS ONE works, LoL!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Party of one, please step right this way.........

I know... I am pathetic....

LoL

I either need to learn how to go out and have some fun on the weekends, or go to bed early.

Anyway..... I went through and cleaned all of my hoyas today (well, the 5 that I have, LoL). I tediously went through and cleaned each leaf with a Q-tip, and then gace them all a good leeching (sp?). We are putting up a glass shelf in my kitchen, over the sink tomorrow. I plan to put my hoyas and AV's there.
    I think I killed one of my poor AV's. I'm pretty sure I drowned it :-(
    I'm hoping it will pull through.......wait and see....
    I think I am also going to repot my philos and pothos tomorrow sometime. They are pathetically still in their original pots from the store.
    I need to dust off my big Christmas cactus. It is covered in drywall dust. It looks white instead of green.

OK, well, I hope to hear from you all soon.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Tina

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Tina,
    You cleaned your Hoya's with a q-tip, LOL! You have too much extra time! I keep my Hoya's squeeky clean with vinegar straight out of the bottle, splashed on a rag. It cleans them very well and adds a shine. I also use whole milk. Use the milk just like you would any cleaner, and wipe off the excess. I'm not sure which one works better, I alternate them both.
    If your worried about overwatering an av- put it on a few paper towels, the excess water should drain in a few hours. The only time when you really lost the av is if it's totally limp/clear. Somehow it became too wet, and then chilled. Violet droop..

For cleaning the Christmas cactus- bring it in the tub and rinse it off gently with a mister bottle or your shower head (if it has a hose). I can't even imagine cleaning all the little segments on a Christmas cactus!

Hoyas love tons of light, but not tons of water. They do the best with neglect. So do av's. They don't like wet roots. I usually water mine every 4 to 5 days, use tepid (luke warm water) never use cold or they will get goofy spots on the leaves. Also, the leaves burn if wet in the sun. Violets don't like full sun. I usually give the violets a shower once in a while with the kitchen hose- warm water, turn the pot to allow the excess to dry off and make sure you do this on a cloudy day. They look so much better when the leaves aren't dusty.
    In all the violet mags I read- most use a sheer curtain in violet growing windows. I guess the light gets filtered. I don't, we have wooden blinds so when the light starts to blare in the window, I tilt the blind up a little.

Talk to you later,
    Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

"One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do-oo-oo"

Sorry, couldn't resist, LoL

Deb - Good morning!!!!

I think I had come across my first bout of scale??? Little cootony looking things, and then when you wipe them with the alcohol, they turned brown? So, I freaked out and pulled out the Q-tips and went to town, LoL.
    My mom use to use vinegar and milk. Sometimes she would use mayo. Yea, I'm not sure why this one particular violet wilted like this. It was sitting with the others. Same temp, and amount of water. But the day after I watered, I noticed the leaves all wilty. So, I drained the pot as much as possibly, put down a leaf from it (just incase) and sat it in a warmer spot. All the big leaves looked bad, so I have removed them. THere are two baby leaves right in the center that seem to still be perky. So, I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Yes, the Christmas Cactus is going to be a fun one! I wish I would have thought to move it before Rick started sanding down :-(.

The window I have the hoyas in is pretty bright, but it has a tent on it, and it cuts the light some. Now, the hindu rope hoyas like it a bit more moist than usual, right?

This morning has been an eventful one so far! We had to take the van BACK to the shop......AGAIN>
    We have had this van 2 months, and have been able to drive it a total of MAYBE a week. We bought if from a "friend" that Rick has known his whole life. My FIL works with this gals son. We was told that "nothing was wrong with it", but not to leave the doors ajar or it would run the battery down. That she had the airbag disabled, and that it why is CONSTANTLY *dings". She said that the heater core had been replaced, that a new distributer cap had been put on, and it drives like a dream.
    HA! We have had to have front end work done to it...$$$$$
    We had to replace the alternator....$$$$$$$$$$$$
    The motor in the windsheild wipes was burned up....$$$$$
    Now all the lines for the heating system has to be replaced because they are leaking like a seive.
    The whole stering column is loose, and a spring thingy to control the airbags, horn and CC is broken. Still have to have a bit more front end work done.
    Come to find out, this model fan is altenatorLESS - Lie #1
    EVERY part on that van has been there for a very long time - Lie #2
    It isn't high end volt, had a bad altenator, so leaving the doors on had NOTHING to do with the battery..Lie #3

I can't believe she would lie about so much. The truth is, "I" probably wouldn't have bought it with THAT much wrong with it. But then again, Rick said if we had KNOWN, we could have planned ahead a little bit, and still gotten the van and been prepared for all of this in the first place. So, we'd have ended up with it anyway.
    You'd think that she would have atleast been smart enough to tell part of the truth with how well the families know each other. And, ofcourse this isn't money we had to begin with.........argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I guess this is my "venting" morning. Well, it IS Monday isn't it, LoL.
    Thanks! I really needed this :-).

Will pop back in later and be in a much better mood :-)
    Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina,Vent away my dear!! We don't mind a bit.I totally agree...It would have been nice if she would have just been honest about the van.It would have been a little easier to deal with if you had known what to expect. Hugs!
    You give new meaning to the term "Hortiholic"!! Man the patience you must have cleaning all of those plants like that.LOL I am more of a toss em in the tub,give em a good spray and call it good kinda gal. I really do need to do what you and Deb do more often.I am sure my plants would really love me for it. : )

Deb,I have never tried cleaning my hoyas vith vinegar.Thanks for the tip.Can't wait to try that.

Have a Great Day Everyone!! Nancy

• micke
    17 years ago

Is the van a Dodge??????
    they seem to have more problems then most, just wanted you to know if it happens to be a Dodge, baby that tranie.

• micke
    17 years ago

I recieved my box just now!!!
    this is what was in my box,
    Homemade candles, #1 sweetpea/lavender #2 Harvest #3 Black licorice and 2 more that are in the cutest little wineglass shaped jars, LOVE THEM!
    Lime Margarita bath cubes
    decorated flower pot
    gardening magazine
    foam mounting dots for scrapbooking
    a awesome concrete arrowhead w/a indian head in it
    winterberry rosehips bowl-fillers
    lots of different kinds of seeds
    AND, a party mask, so neat!(like a masquerade mask)
    everything is awesome! thank you so much secret pal!!!!!!
    michelle

• galium
    17 years ago

Tina,
    Sounds like mealy bugs on your African Violet not scale. Especially if there is a cottony covering. Scale insects don't have this. You are doing the right thing though. Alcohol will kill mealy bugs.
    My car is in the garage again too.. Third time in about 2 months. Much $$$ that we don't have.
    I planted the daffodils from my Secret Pal the other day. Can't wait to see them in the spring.
    Have a Great Day
    Mariann

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i received my box from my "secret" pal.

received two halloween pumpkins filled with candy corn and that other holloween mix (not sure what it's called but ya all know what i mean - that's i'll share with my dogs as they like this kind of candy); a great pair of halloween socks (I LOVE SOCKS); spring crocus bulbs/corms "dorothy"; a very possessed (lol) cat candle box; this really neat metal musician cat tea light holder and a cackling witch luminary which is really sharp - it's like one of those bags people put out, but this is battery operated, makes sounds, it's too cool. there were also two coleus cuttings - coco loco and the flame - which were a little sad looking when they arrived, but are soaking in a pick-me-up tonic and i'm sure they will come back to life.

thanks for the great holiday box!

earthly/maryanne

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

speaking of socks, i'm wearing these blue fuzzy ones debby sent me in a holiday swap last year. my son tried to get them, but i didn't let him!

i spent the better part of the weekend bringing in all my houseplants. i cleaned about 85% of them, changed all the soil, repotted. it took me forever and there's still about a dozen or so more to do. i usually put them in a room downstairs but i turned that room into the baby's room, so i lugged them all upstairs. i think i really like them here the best, it looks very welcoming (translated: overwhelming) when you come up the stairs and walk through an indoor jungle/garden. not only the plants came up, but little tables and stools and plant stands and this heavy metal plant divider. there's still two more of them, but i think i'm going to leave them on the porch for the winter. i have to be nuts, no wonder why my body aches like crazy. now all the junk that was in that room came into the other room, so this room is a total mess. it wouldn't be so bad if i didn't have so much crap, but i'm a little obsessive compulsive, so one or two of anything is not recognized here.

does anyone have any wondering jew they could take a cutting of and part with? and deb, oh my, you are the resident african violet queen. i saw those pix on the other thread. amazing. i don't have any hoyas and i had to google them since you guys were talking about them. they really put out a pretty flower.

tina, is your car a ford...you know Fix Or Repair Daily? i drive a ford now (don't want it to hear me, so i'll whisper) it sucks! i should have known better because years ago i had a tempo and that went brain dead (that's what the mechanic called it). i had a plymouth voyager up until a few years back, which i loved. next year i'm going to get something else - something black and shiny and high off the ground and i'll wind up donating the one i drive now. i don't think i ever want to drive a van anymore and i never want to drive a regular car, i feel too low to the ground. it will have to be some type of SUV or truck. when you have a van, you always have to drive everyone everywhere. in all honesty, i'd rather have someone drive for me, it's my least favorite thing to do in the whole wide world.

i can't wait until these upcoming elections are over. the tv and radio ads drive me insane and then there's all the political junk mail that comes. i asked the mailman to not deliver them but he said they are required by law. i should just put up one of those "no solicitation" signs.

enough rambling. be well all,
    maryanne/earthly

• micke
    17 years ago

earthly, you just didn't buy the right kind of Ford.
    I have a Ford Mustang GT (5.0 of course) a '90.
    we have had it 13 years now, that car is the best thing we ever bought! has never left us stranded not one time, we have had 4 of them so far, all were great, but the first one we ever bought we have kept. I love it!
    I have a Toyota four runner too, but give me a choice and I take the stang, it is a standard, so sometimes I have a little fun with it when the kids are not riding along (not too much fun mind you, got enough of those tickets when I was young) I like having a clean driving record better then blowing the doors off those punks in the fast and furious cars, boy it would be fun though!!!!!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Wow!! That about sums it up!My box arrived from my Secret Pal today and I am almost speechless! Thats a rarity for me! LOL
    Such a thoughtful box.Where to begin...The box was FULL with all sorts of goodies and plants.I hope I don't forget anything.My Pal sent me
    A Pretty Floral Tin filled with Goodies
    Apple Bread (I already ate it) YUMMY
    A Caramel Apple with a Creepy Spider(not a real spider...a fake one)LOL
    A jar of homemade Jalapeno Jelly(can't wait to try this it looks sooo good)
    Packets of Spiced Cider and Fancy Hot Cocoa
    Bag of Mini Halloween candy(eating as I type)
    A Box of Baptista Cheese Swirls( going to have these tonight)
    An adorable Pumpkin Tealight Holder w/5 Tealights
    The Cutest Little Welcome Pillow with a LadyBug on it
    A Garden Journal( I needed this)
    6 different houseplants( I love them all!! Thanks sooo much Which reminds me..I better get busy potting)
    Ok Now the next two gifts were extremely thoughtful and especially dear to me.I am not sure how my Pal knew I suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis..but she sent me some help..(No not my own private hunk garden boy named Fernando) Even better!! She sent me a spring hand exercizer to help keep my hands and grip strong and a 16 page printout called Arthritis and Gardening.Words can not describe how much I appreciate these!! Thank you sooo much Secret Pal for the Wonderful Box.I hope I find out who you are some day!
    ((BIG HUGS)) Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello ladies!

You all show up, and I disappear, LoL.
    I have been busy, and trying to play catch up with sleep whenever I possibly can.

Well, I TRIED to get Nancy to receive that darned DODGE van in a trade, but she just wouldn't accept it. Hmmmmmmm.....I wonder why????????????? HA!

It is October 25th (my dads birthday) and ALL BOXES HAVE BEEN RECEIVED!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!
    You guys (girls) ROCK!!!!!!
    I am SO PROUD of ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Update on puppies:
    15 days old
    all eyes are finally open
    they THINK they can bark, LoL
    can ALMOST walk (too darn chubby, heehee)
    are twice the size they were
    and still precious!!!
    Will be posting pics soon.

I'll try and get back here later and catch up with everyone.
    Gotta go make supper.

Hugs to you all,
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

so tina, i know who i had and i think i know who had me, but are you going to post now that everyone sent and received? or do you want us all to guess?

michelle, i think mustang was the only decent car ford made. that's my thought, and i'm sticking to it!

hmmmm, fernando. i'm having "thoughts" lol

be well,
    maryanne

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Is it just me, or is GW moving realllllllllllllllly slow and causing grief? How aggrivating!!!!

Anywayyyyyyyyyyy...
    I think it would be fun to guess who sent to us.
    I wanted to do a contest of some sorts just for fun, but my creative mind is...... drawing a blank!

I will post last simply because, even tho' mine started out as a "Secret pal", she forgot to black out her name, LoL. I don't want to give it away anyone just yet :-)

Micke - you and I would have been in alot of trouble together in our younger years. I had a Monte Carlo, 350 bored 30 over, shift kit, 6 pack, the works. I DIDN'T have my license more than I DID, LoL. Most tickets read "Drag Racing"....... Got barred for 2 years, and wasted ALOT of money. Oh well, you're only young once!

Mariann - I know what you mean about the $$$$$$. Argh....

Earthly - Maybe if you get the pups, your two older girls will learn from them with all their innocense and playfulness. Just love and determination my friend, and ALOT of patience. I've been there. Don't mean to sound discouraging, but it may take years. But it's all worth it in the end!

Since everyone has received! I am going to send out your new partners name in tomorrows e-mail, for November. That you we'll all have some extra time to start getting the goodies all ready.

I am going to send a hint out for my new pal, I LOVE homemade treats! smiles. And am in desperate need of any jam or jellies as I didn't get to do any this year :-(

I'm thinking that since it is getting cold out, and everyone's interest is turning towards the "indoor" gardening, cooking, reading, seed collecting and bulbs, etc. etc. etc.
    Maybe we should post kind of a new wish list to update our questionnaires a little bit, just to help our partners out.
    I'm too tired to do mine tonight, but will be sure to do it tomorrow.
    Don't be shy. You may not get everything on your list, but it will give your partner a good idea of what types of things you like, and like to do, etc.

Wishing everyone a good nights rest!
    hugs,
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i think "speed racer" sent to me. i think she had her daughter write the tags, etc. barred for two years doing what? driving? you were certainly out of control girlie!

so, who thinks i sent to them?

and tina, i thought it was my computer, so i cleaned our and rebooted. i guess it must be garden web because i type and then soon after the words appear.

maryanne/earthly

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

I think MAYBE bogartbaby sent to me but that's a total guess.

Where's Kayemell??

• galium
    17 years ago

I think bogartbaby was my secret pal too.
    I've been doing fall clean-up and hanging out with my daughter. We're going to be doing some crafting together.
    Tina, love to see pics of those puppies again.
    My hubby is alergic to animals so I can't have one. I get my fill at my daughters (she has 2 cats). I especially get to play with dogs and cats at my sister's farm.
    Have a great day everyone,
    Mariann

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hmmm, bogartbaby sure is popular!

mariann/galium, what type of crafts do you do?

tina, i too would like to see updated pictures. and homemade stuff sounds like a great idea for a swap. i could send a tray of lasagne! lol

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Ok, now I think galium was my secret pal. Maybe she guessed bogartbaby for herself knowing that she wasn't mine, lol!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey All !

I just sent out an e-mail to everyone with their new secret partner for November.
    Please let me know that you got it, and as a HUGE favor to me, would you please varify who you are sending to, LoL.

I will be sure to post pics this weekend of everything, and everyone (pups, and the newest addition to our family :-))

LAST CALL for the SEED BOX!!!!

To make sure I haven't missed anyone, I have the following listed as wanting to play:

Deb
    Mariann
    Michelle
    Deanie
    Julie
    Nancy
    Sue

I am getting everything ready, so be sure to let me know if you want in!

Also, I have an OVER abundance of seeds that are a year old. I am going to try my best to sort everything by catagory i.e. perrenials, annuals, veggies, etc.
    I will have these packed in bulb with extra seed baggies, Take out what you want. I will put the seeds I have received in trades in an extra baggie as well.

So far, two gals have their guess right :-)
    Which two, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, LoL

Hugs, Tina

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

As far as I know, I only mailed out one box for October... and that was to ???hmmmmmmmm???hmmmmmmm darn,I can't remember! ;) I'm sure you guys will figure it out, just like I figured out that Kayemell was my secret pal! :0
    I have been busy cleaning, sorting and packaging all the seeds I gathered out of my neighbors and my gardens.What a job, this is my first year of mega seed collecting. When I get done, there will be a lot of happy newbie's and other GW members. Well, I better get back to work. Wishing everyone a safe and relaxing weekend!

• micke
    17 years ago

I think Erica was my secret pal.
    Tina, how funny! I had a 1970 El Camino 400 small block bored 30 over.
    won some lost some, actually lost to a Mustang who missed a gear, that was it for me had to have one!
    michelle

• galium
    17 years ago

I was wondering if everyone's Exchange List was up to date.
    Especially seeds.. Don't want to send someone something they already have.
    Thanks,
    Mariann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

OMG,I just noticed Mariann is from NJ.I think the postmark on my box was from NJ.I better go look again to make sure.Could that mean you were my secret pal responsible for sending me that great box Mariann? I am dying to find out!! Hugs,Nancy

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Shucks, I never bother to check the postmark!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

LOL Well I am pretty determined to find out who my pal was huh? Stooping so low as to checking the postmark! Thats pretty determined isn't it? Well if I never figure it out ( which I am sure I never will on my own) please know....whoever you are.....I really Loved the things you sent : ) Nancy

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

My trade list is not so accurate. Except for the Plectranthus and the Japanese morning glories I've received most of my other seed wants in trades already. I'll have to think up some more.

Ok Tina, tell us, tell us!!!!

• micke
    17 years ago

Yes, inquireing (sp) minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!
    whoever sent me these homeade soy candles needs a big THANKYOU!!!!!!!!! hubby loves them too, you can smell them even when they are not lit. but it is pretty funny to watch a redneck pick up a wine glass shaped candle just to smell it, he cracks me up!!!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I really don't know who my secret Pal was. I didn't save the box (or check the post mark, LOL). I'll just take a wild guess.. Micke?

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Hi Girls -- Sorry to be AWOL. I was travelling all over God's green earth when all I wanted to be doing was DIGGING in God's green earth! Waahhhhhh (sound of me whining) I wish my schedule would lighten up a little. I got home on a late flight last night and was so excited to have a day off today. I had planned to dig up all my canna, caladium and colocasia tubers and store them. Unfortunatley, it is pouring down freezing rain and we are having wind gusts up to 50 mph. Needless to say, no tubers will be dug today. I repeat, Waahhhhhhh.

Okay, so what did I miss? Any good gossip or scandal?

I am guessing that my secret pal was Julie. Am I right? I just had a feeling because Julie was my secret pal for the first few boxes, and we seem to have the exact same taste. Excellent taste, of course, lol!

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good Monday ladies!

So, lets see who guessed right off the bat shall we ;-))

Here is the list of partners:

earthly sent to Nancy
    Nancy sent to hummingbirddaisy
    hummingbirddaisy sent to earthly
    Julie sent to Kristen
    Kristen sent to Deanie
    Deanie sent to Mariann
    Mariann sent to Erica
    Erica sent to Michelle
    Michelle sent to Deb
    Deb sent to Sue
    Sue sent to Julie
    OK, did I miss anyone?

I've been out planting some bulbs. It's in the 60s here, but windy, and the gusts are suppose to get worse as the day goes.
    Then tomorrow, when the kids have to go out trick-or-treating of course, it is suppose to be coldddddddddd :-((

I started like 30 AV leaves over the weekend!!!! I hope they all root ~~~~~~~~~~ doing a happy dance (thank you Nancy)

I also went plant shopping, yeah!!!!! Houseplant time :-)

I am hoping to get the seed box going by the 2nd of November.
    Does anyone want to placed any where certain on the list to receive? I seen Michelle's post on another robin, so I figure we can choose to we want to send to, and just keep watch for everyone to know when they will be home. Michelle, sending prayers for your mom hun.

I've got some pretty good "goodies" for the box so far. I hope you all enjoy this one. I always get paranoid that I am going to disappoint someone ..........

Well, back out to plant some more bulbs before the winds carry me away.

Hugs to you all~
    Tina

• micke
    17 years ago

Whoo woo (did I spell that right?) I guessed right! all because in ericas sheet it said she liked to make candles.
    erica, thank you sooooo much for the box, I loved each and everything in it, my mom is into indian stuff too, so wait til I show her that arrowhead, she will be way impressed!!!! she really hasen't felt up to much yet, today for the first time she actually acted like herself, she went out with me to do a DNA on a Quarter Horse, so I knew she was feeling much better, she has not stepped foot outside of the house til today. all is well !!!!!!!!!
    michelle

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i guess right as well. actually, i noticed the postmark and recognized the town name and connected it to tina.

it's so beautiful (or should i say boo-tiful) out tonight, such a great night for the kiddies.

be well everyone.
    maryanne

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh Earthly.....Pal.....(BIG HUGS) for the wonderful box you sent!! I Loved It!!! Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Cheater earthly, LoL

Nancy - I wanted to tell you soooooooooo bad who your pal was because you loved your box so much. That is Maryannes signature. When my mom passed last year, she sent me a wonderful box with the "theme" of spiritual serentiy. She included a CD, 2 mini rose bushes, a pamplet, lots of things that was very soothing and calming.

Kids are getting ready to go out. Caleb, of all things, is going as a "gothic barbie", Lain is going as a "Viking football player!!!", and James is going as "Spiderman" (only because his girlfriends dad is making him wear the costume, LoL).
    Caleb was wanting to g as a "dead hooker", whatever THAT would be, LoL.
    I told her that I was just going strap a matress to her back, and put a rope around her neck and call it good, HA!

OK, time to get the ready for the ghosts and goblins, whahahahahahahahahahahaha

Happy Halloween Everyone!
    Have a safe evening!
    Tina

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina you crack me up girl! LOL I am going to be laughing about that dead hooker comment for a long time!!Just can't get it out of my mind : ) Hugs,Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARRRRRRRRRY
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sue and Mr. Guanzon!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry that I didn't post this sooner.

Have a spooktacular time ;-)

Hugs,
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nancy - LoL, I knew you'd get a kick out of that one, hehehehehehehehehe.

She ended up going as a witch. Girl can NEVER make up her mind. Gee, wonder where she gets THAT from???????? What? Who ME???????? ;-)

I took lots of pics. Will have to wait to go to the in-laws to load them onto disc. Will post pup pic updated when I post the Halloween pics.

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful evening!

Tina

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Happy Halloweenie! Tina, thanks for posting all the pals.

Julie -- thank you again for my wonderful goody box. I really truly loved everything.

This is such a great group; I am blessed to be part of it!

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Okay -- are you all sick of me yet? I was away for most of October and now I am trying to catch up on my posting so just yell "STOP" and I will. I am obedient. ;-)

I know this is a no-pic thread, but I was laughing so hard at Tina's Caleb wanting to be a dead hooker that I HAD to post a pic to show how wacky minds think alike. (Of course, Caleb is a teen and I am 49 years old -- do you see a problem? Hmmmm)

I went to a Halloween party this weekend and dressed as...well, maybe a dead hooker! I just powdered my face white and painted on a veil with eyeliner and dressed in black. My DH Mark asked what I was supposed to be, and I couldn't think of an answer because I did not really know. But when I read Tina's post I practically wee'ed my pants... because I too was a dead hooker.

Too too funny.

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

That's awesome Kristen! I'm glad you liked your box. I felt like there wasn't enough in it but those tiles took up so much space!

I decided I want my house to scare the pants off all the kids next year. Picked up a couple spooky things at the Halloween store today for 90% off, woo hoo! If I had more time/$ I would have bought the place out. I manage to pick up a cheap fog machine and some skeletons for a start.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

nancy, i'm really glad you liked your box. i rather enjoyed putting it together for you. it was my pleasure to be your swap partner.

tina, thanks for the kind words. i remember that box. i remember where your heart was at the time. i also remember the compliment you gave me when you received it. that's locked in my "remember/memory" box.

kristen, WOW. you drew that on yourself? did you use eyeliner? that's fantastic and exotic.

be well everyone,
    maryanne

• galium
    17 years ago

Deanie thank you for the wonderful box. I planted all of the daff's can't wait until they pop up.