Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: mnf - ghouls just wanna have fun - 2nd edition - part 3

Posted by vic_zn5 5 MT (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 5, 08 at 17:49

Everyone should have gotten their partners name, if not lmk. If we are keeping this a secret everyone needs to EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN SEND IT TO YOUR PARTNER PLEASE

Here is a list of players with what they can rec.
poisondartfrog/Alana - rec - outdoor plants/bulbs/seeds
jaleeisa/Kathy - rec - plants/bulbs/seeds
dieg01991/Amy - rec-house plants/bulbs/seeds (no food items)
ejmoore510/Joan - rec - any plants/bulbs/seeds
veeja11/Carol - no house plants
debbya/Deb -
Nikkineel - rec - any plants/bulbs/seeds
Lindaruzicka - rec - bulbs/seeds
Dan_the_mailman - rec - bulbs/seeds
Sassybutterfly/Wendy - ?rec - bulbs/seeds?
hazelnutbunny/Melissa - rec - bulbs/seeds
paradise_acres/Jay & Rhonda -

PLEASE REMEMBER.....

All boxes should be sent priority with delivery confirmation unless it is all fall bulbs, which will probably be fine going parcel post with delivery confirmation, which adds just 18 cents to parcel post rate.

Email your DC# to me.

Once you receive your box, please share the contents with the group. We want to share each others fun!

October 18th is the absolutely last day to send your partner's box. We want to be sure that everyone has time to enjoy their scary Halloween surprise.

AND!!!

I figured I would start a new thread so that if Dan get's the urge to do a really long post again he can use the other thread. lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: mnf - ghouls just wanna have fun - 2nd edition - par

okay, send me my partners name and address, or I let the cats do their thing.....

o

I like the idea of keeping the partners a secret, but even I don't know who I am sending to.
Photobucket

o

Alana, I sent yours via GW b/c I didn't have your email, I have it now from your last post and sent it again.

Dan, I sent yours via

because you work for them, and well, I just like to torture some people!

o

Rofl.. Good one Vic!! :D

~Wendy

o

Wait....isn't that also torturing Dan's PARTNER???

Or...maybe...considering what Dan may be sending, that could be a GOOD thing???

Hmmmm.....

o

Got it-thanks.

o

Great! We've got our name and are starting to build our halloweenie box!

Flashers

just a couple ghouls lovin' havin' fun! Jay & Rhonda

o

I've got my partner!!!!! I've got my partner! And I've got lots of tricks and treats for them! I'm just really hoping that this person will enjoy them since I don't know them very well and none of the things I'm sending are on their wants list. I'm hoping to be able to mail out on Wednesday or Thursday while I'm off work. I'm waiting on a plant order to come in, cause several things on it are earmarked for my partner. It should be here tomorrow and hopefully everything traveled well. If not, I may take a day or two to give them some TLC before mailing out :)

Kathy

o

Suzi, I tried to reply to your email you sent but it was returned with the message "temporarily over quota'. Man, I spent hours on that thing! LOL!

o

Jay and Rhonda, it's nice to finally see what you 2 look like!! LOL

I have sent out the addy's I've rec'd so far to partners, I'm still waiting on a couple more!

o

Photobucket

I've got my box done, and it has someone's name and address on it. Could it be yours? ppppppppppuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

o

I got my name! Thanks! I'm really working on a great box for them. Worked all weekend, so shopping again today, plus I have a big order that should arrive today or tomorrow. :)

Joan

o

Glad to see everyone is getting their names. It seems like everybody really got a jump on preparing their boxes. I'm waiting on an order to arrive, too. Hope to have my box out early in the week. I'm off all week for fall break (teacher) so I hope to make a couple of shopping trips out of town to pick up a few things. I'm in Georgia and when I can find gas, it's over $4 a gallon. Have to plan all my stops carefully. Is anyone else out there still having a problem finding gas? It's the craziest thing!!! Off to do a little.. packing... Nik

o

Ooh, Nik! That's awful that you're still having so much trouble! We had gas spike up to $4.64 here when Ike went through, but it's back down to $3.07 now. We didn't have any stations run out, THANK GOODNESS, but the run on them was CRAZY. Everyone just freaked out, and the lines were huge.
Lots of stations are being audited for price gouging, though. Which is a GOOD thing. Maybe teach those loonies not to take advantage. Stupid buggers.

o

we're not having trouble finding gas BUT we're sharing one car..(hubby sold his and hasn't gotten another one yet and isn't planning to for awhile)..sooooo...we have to cordinate who goes where when..PLUS...he's MESSY!!!..."L" I think I may to have to cover the inside of my car with plastic!.."pondering"

o

I will probably mail late in the week; after we have a rain on Thursday. There is something I need to dig up first.

Photobucket

o

Okay! I got my package in the mail today! The dc# is 0307 0020 0005 4411 2249. All I'm gonna say about it is that it's still breathing, there's plenty of "food" in the box, and I had a blast putting it together! Right down to the little "Inspected by #13 black cat"! And no, I'm not explaining that yet!

o

Okay.......... That's just a WEE bit scary! Maybe I don't want to know what Dan sent in that thing!

Joan

o

Oh No! I dreamed that Dan was my sender - AGGHH!!!!

o

Well, GREAT! Now everyone's going to be on pins & needles, wondering if they should be warning their mail carriers.....! LOL

I've got my box packed & ready to go...although I DID notice that I left out one thing (a plant), so I am going to wait until AFTER I get the box in the mail to send out the plant. It'll be easier to do that way...I don't want to mess anything up, it was hard enough to pack without that booger in there. AND I don't want the plant arriving before the box, which would just put the "huh?" in the whole thing, and also...spoil the surprise for my partner.

Uh...did that make sense?? LOL!

o

you know at this point, I'm afraid to receive anyone's box!.."L"

o

I had fun shopping for my 'secret' person today lol

That's allllllll I'm gonna say :P

~Wendy

o

Well, boxes are just a flying!
What good little ghoulies!

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should warn the person getting Dan's box! But then, what fun would that be! LOL

Nikki, some dreams come true, and some don't. You'll just have to wait and see!

Linda, you do have a good point! Maybe it's a good thing I sat out this month! LOL

One thing about doing a swap like this, I have all your addresses!!! "rubbing hands together"

GRRRRR!
I just went to put a pic on here, and for some reason PB logged me out, I can't remember my password, and my email addy has changed since I set up the acct. so they keep emailing it to the old email!

BBL

o

now, if we all weren't just a little afraid of what we were getting during a halloween swap, what fun would that be?

and Vic? you aren't the only one with a lot of addresses... I know I've got yours! hehehehehe

o

Oh no, you put a booger in there bunny?

YES!!!

o

Hi again, PHEWWWW, Linda asked for my addy so I'm putting my thinking cap on to figure out who my partner is NOT! I'm having lots of fun doing some research for my partner since I can't ask.... interesting. I hope he/she likes it! Yall have a great week now ya hear!

o

My plant and bulb order will arrive sometime today, so I should be able to mail out on Wednesday or Thursday! Someone will have a delightfully wicked box! I'll be really glad to get it into the mail, some of the erm... contents... are getting rather restless and not wanting to stay in their cag..errr... the box :) And you know, it's really hard to find enough blo.. erm.. food to keep them happy. It seems there is a low wind groaning through my house lately. It just keep groaning and grumbling. But I figure, this is Oklahoma, wind is a common thing here, but I have noticed the sound more in the last few days..
Oops, gotta go grab the box, it's gotten to the edge of my desk somehow.. odd, could have sworn that it was closer to the monitor a few minutes ago..
Kathy

o

I keep hearing this munching sound and it's not one of the cats.."peering in box"..darn..the chain slipped again..."sigh"

o

Hope everyone likes "pets"! Sounds like we're gonna be receiving some new ones. Ha! Now whether they have eight legs or slither is the question??? :)

Joan

o

Well, golly....I gave away one of my "secret ingredients", didn't I?? Oops...

Hmmm. I've been craving pumpkin lately. Don't know why.
Must be the full moon.

o

ROFL!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Wish I could see more full moons like that! sigh

Joan

o

Joan, don't feel bad, the moon here isn't quite that nice either! LOL

Pumpkin does sound good now that you mention it!!

I just received a DC# in my email box! hehehe, I could post it here, but then what fun would that be, everyone would be checking it to see where it was sent from and where it's heading to! I think I will just let the receiver be suprised when it shows up.
Don't worry, I was assured there were are holes in the box!

Photobucket

o

Ohh Lord!!! The little widow lady that is my mail lady may not survive this!!!!

Joan

o

Hey, Joan! I've got a hunky cowboy-hat-wearing mailman! Drives a bright red Durango & listens to Credence!

o

This is a bit off topic but I took my 8 yr old to get her hair cut to donate to Locks of Love. These are before and after pics...
before locks of love after locks of love
She's growing up so fast:(

o

Joan, you might want to warn her!!

Nikki, wow, what a head of hair!! very pretty hair too!!

More DC#'s are arriving at my inbox!!! Everyone better beware.............

o

Melissa - you lucky girl! Sounds like he's gonna needs those muscles to control the "pets" in these boxes!

Nikki - she's a doll either way. You tell her she's going to make some sick woman/girl feel absolutely beautiful!

Vic - I'm really started to get worried about what all's in those boxes/crates! My little Chi-weenie's scared of spiders, so I can only IMAGINE what one of these new pets is gonna do to her. It'll take me a week to get her out of her hidey hole (under my bed)! LOL

Joan

o

mmmm Bunny whatta moon!!! woohoo!

hehe

Ordered something from my partner's super want list!! Am hoping they deliver QUICK so I can get my partner's box out ~~ If I don't stop buying stuff I'm not gonna be able to afford to mail the darn box! :P

Nikki ~ What a wonderful selfless thing for your daughter to do! Someone will be very lucky to get those gorgeous locks! :-)

Hugs all!
~Wendy

o

Okay, here's a question for everyone. What is your favorite (if any) horror movie? The one movie I have to watch every Halloween is Halloween, parts 1 & 2.

a href="http://media.photobucket.com/image/michael myers/COWBOYZ4EVR/thmyers.jpg?o=3" target="_blank">

o
A Full Moon, Just For You!

you ladies liked the previous full moon so much, I thought I'd share another one with you all. hope you enjoy it!
hehehe

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

o

Nikki, what a wonderful thing for your daughter to do! She deserves a gold star for sure.

Dan, my favorite horror movie is Dracula with Bela Lagosi...just love that one

o

OMG Bunny! Do they sell THOSE punkins at Wal-Mart? I gotta get me one like that!

o

Hmmmm....I don't watch horror movies anymore, but used to LOVE them. The first one I remember watching -that actually gave me nightmares!- was "A Nightmare On Elm Street". Watched it with some friends, and none of us slept that night!
I have to say, though..that the SCARIEST movie I've ever seen is "Hellraiser". Yikes, I can't even THINK about that movie without shivering.

I haven't watched anything scary in over 6 or 7 years, though...so my tolerance has gotten really low. Even the action scenes in National Treasure had me jumping out of my seat! (and those were TAME!!)
We watched a History Channel special on 'The Dark Ages' last weekend, and I had nightmares from that..... *shudder*

I'm a wimp, I'll admit it....

o

JAWS!!!!!!!!!!! My ALL TIME favorite scary movie! Even though I know how it ends, it ALWAYS gives me goose bumps watching it again! sigh.... Still remember the first time I watched it. My dad took me, my sister, & my cousin to the drive-in. Those were the days.............

Joan

o

Oooh, Oooohhh...My kids just reminded me of one movie (and BOOK!!) that I had *tried* to wipe from my memory....

IT!!!!!

Oh good gracious....that movie should NOT be watched if you are ALREADY terrified of clowns!!
I started hyperventilating last night, just THINKING about it!!
I'm shaking now, actually....
ICK, clowns are EVIL....
*aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!*
I'm gonna go hide in my corner now, curled in the fetal position (or a close approximation, since I can't bend from the waist right now...)

o
Big fishys

Joan, I've never even SEEN jaws!!
Of course, I'm nearly as terrified of big open water as I am of clowns....so it probably wouldn't be a good movie for me to watch, either...LOL

I've always said, my worst fear is a Carnival Cruise sponsored by McDonalds.

Eeek.

o

Ewwwwwwwwwww!!! I forgot IT! That's a good one too.
Bunny, maybe you just need to sit down, prop your feet up & think good sweet thoughts. We'd hate for the little one to come out with Dan's macabre sense of humor! (rolling eyes sideways at Dan...)
Close your eyes Bunny! Don't read!
I thought of another good one!!!!!! THE BIRDS by Alfred Hitchcock!!!! I watched that one when I was really young! All those birds pecking peoples eyes out! The blood looked really BAD even in black & white!
I was scared to death of birds for YEARS!!!!!

Joan

o

I'm almost through with someone's box. HEHEHEHEH

Joan

o

The kids & I were out shopping today, and WOW!! The store had Christmas music playing!! They had over 30 different kinds of Xmas trees, every single one lit up...and decorations, reindeer & lights...
One of my kids said to me "I know it's early, but can we put out our lights? I just love the way everyone decorates for Christmas...and the signing.....Well, Daddy whistles Christmas songs all the time, so I guess I don't look forward to THAT...But everything else....!"

Yep, me too.... :O)

o

Now, there's a scary thought... Christmas! hohoho!

Another horror fave of mine is the Saw series. Those movies still mess with my head whenever I watch them! I think the scary thing about them is that they could actually be happening, right now, to someone. Now, if THAT doesn't make Bunny go fetal, I don't know what will!!!
muahahahahahahahehehehehehe!!!!

o

My all time favorite horror film is Phantasm. I had a 70 'Cuda like the one in the movie-my favorite car in my favorite movie.
Saw 5 will be out in a couple of weeks. That will be a real Halloween treat!
Photobucket

o

GROSS! I never saw Saw and I don't think I want to - can't handle it, I'm sure. My scariest movie was anything Stephen King - especially one about this place where you could have that one item that you always wanted... I can't remember the name, something like Finer Things or something. Anyway, I have everything gathered, I just need to stuff my box and tend to all the packing details. This one was fun - as always! I can't wait to start hearing about everyone's boxes... Nik

o

I'm not much into scary movies, so I can't comment on that.

Bunny, say all you want about your hunko mailman, but when it's all said and done I think they will all look like this

Proudgm, I know you didn't want to post your thong pic, but I just had to get that pic on here of you getting ready for halloween!
(you have put on a couple pounds since the summer in your thong haven't you)

Photobucket

o

Hey!!!!! My hubby is a SEXY mailman! And I've seen pictures of his Dad, who he looks a LOT like and he'll be a very handsome mailman when he gets older! :P~~~

My favorite scary movie is "Tourista", it's about these kids who go on a vacation to Brazil and they stumble into some really messed up stuff! To be honest, I would have to warn that this is very much NOT for the faint of heart! I can eat through the goriest of movies, but this one turned my stomach a little.

Cliff likes the "Alien" movies, particularly the second one.

"Saw" is another good series. I liked it a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing "Mirrors" and we're watching "Then Happening" tonight. Cliff and I both enjoy scary movies, so there's not many we haven't seen. But I'll admit that the "Jaws" music still makes me pause.

Kathy

o

Hi BunnyPhotobucket Nikki wonderful thing your lil girl did. hope you rewarded her. I am packing my box. having trouble finding spiders tho. I don't have Dan but am tempted to stuff an envie for him too. but don't trust those mailmen not to crush the lil guys. we are cold and rainy, snow in passes but not down here, thank God. hugs wet carol

o

HEY!!! I'm a mailman, and I DO take offense at that d*** cartoon!!! I'm sick and tired of being treated like that when I'm the one who brings the birthday cards, Christmas cards, packages up to the door, and the bills so everyone can continue to have heat!!! Yep, that one struck a nerve!!!

On another note, Amy, how is Boris??? According to usps.com, he arrived yesterday.

Dan, a MAILMAN, and d*** proud of it!!!

o

Vic that's about the gist of the thong photo but the real one is much better. Too bad we can't use it. That would really give people nightmares!

Dan I'm sure you are a very good mailman. Unfortunately, some of us here at GW have had some MAJOR issues with our POs so there's a little bitterness there.

I'm anxiously awaiting seeing what everyone got in their Halloween boxes. Although I have to admit I'm a little scared to know after some of the posts!

o

Hello everyone,
I know you've all been wondering who would received Dan's box. Well, it was sitting on the table when I got home late last night. I was going to make my husband (the unsuspecting victim) open it. :-)

Dan, Boris survived the trip....and he didn't eat everything in the box!

I think I'll make everyone wait a little longer before I reveal the contents....

o

HI MAILMAN!! Pictures, Images and Photos

Well, Dan, I'm afraid THIS is what's gonna happen to all the mail people when those boxes start arriving!

Joan

o

Okay....keep the kiddos away from the computer, cuz this one is SUPER DUPER SCARY!!!

Dan....THIS would be why *some* of us have mail-man issues....

package mishap

*shudder*
I received THIS box in a swap last summer....

It still gives me nightmares...

o

OH MY GOSH Bunny! Nothing could survive that!
It looks like THIS might have gotten a hold of it!

Scary mask Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Dan, don't get your boxes in a bunch! You didn't READ what I said "when it's all said and done I think they will all look like this" Meaning, that's what they will look like after those poor postal people have to deliver these boxes we are sending.....

But yes, I have had some postal issues too! I just got a box, one of the long tube like ones, it looked like they either closed part of it in the car door or ran it over, it was almost bent in half. Not to mention the time the lady left a box on top of my mailbox which is 1/2 mile from my house and grouped with about 30 other boxes, and it got stolen! *sigh*

o

Bunny I could do something so totally evil involving clowns.. But I would hate to be the cause of you going into labor! :P:P I never have fig out what's so scary about them honestly.. then again I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEE gorey gross horror/psycho thriller movies, books.. whatever! So not much scares me :P

I am waiting on a shipment still before I can send my box out.. hopefully early next week at the latest.

Hugs!
~Wendy

o

No, NO!! Please don't, Wendy!! You have no idea...really...hysterics here. No kidding. That's probably putting it lightly.
My brother got the bright idea to dress up as Pennywise the clown (from IT) one halloween and knock on my door at midnight. I looked through the window, before opening the door, and ran SHRIEKING & SCREAMING bloody #@&$*#@ murder through the house, woke up the neighbors, who thought I was being murdered or something worse...
They found me in the corner of the closet, crying, hysterical, sobbing...you name it, I was doing it. Every time they tried to get me to come out, I shrieked and fought....

I think I calmed down somewhere around 3 days later, and when I realized it was my brother, I beat the living $#&@*@##@!! out of him.
I'm actually surprised he was able to have 3 kids.
The turd STILL thinks it's hilarious.

Um...so please...no clowns.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

I need a brown paper bag to breath into just from seeing the balloon animal guy at the mall.

o

ROFL!!!!! omg that was hilarous Melissa..... Ok NOOOOOOO clowns, ok? I promise! lol The foster daughter I had for awhile was terrified of them too. She found this funny website and I even bought her a t-shirt that was hilarious. www.ihateclowns.com or www.ihateclowns.com/ncstore/ is where the merchandise is sold. I instantly thought of you :P

Hugs!
~Wendy

o

Okay, okay, okay. My boxes aren't in a bunch, and I wasn't yelling at Vic, though it may have seemed that way. It just hits a real sore spot whenever I hear something bad about mailmen. As in every job, it just seems like people are more prone to focus on the box that got mis-delivered (and I will not go into how frustrating it is when people don't have house numbers on their house!), the letter that got lost (when we each personally handle upwards of 5-8000 pieces of mail per day, and we likely didn't even SEE the letter that got mis-placed), or the box which got crushed (accidents do happen, even to mailmen). It seems like people never think about the few thousand pieces of mail we deliver correctly every day, the food drive held by the post office every year to help local foodbanks, the weather conditions we endure to make sure a birthday card arrives in time, or the address we try to interpret because someone doesn't know the correct address, though we somehow manage to get it to the right person. Broken down cars, broken down bodies, weather and temperature extremes, a management system which wants more out of us for less pay (and no, the benefits aren't as good as the public thinks), and all for what? We try not to focus on these things, because if we did, it would not be a good thing. Instead, we focus on the times we are the ones who find the injured and get them help because we're the ones who realize something is wrong. We find the bodies of people who've died without anyone noticing. We're the only daily contact a lot of elderly people have because their families don't care. We're the ones who notice when something is amiss in the neighborhood, or help find the lost dog, or give directions to a family member attempting to find your house.
Mailmen and women have a lot to be proud of, and to be thanked for. Yes, I know that sometimes we can be less than perfect, but that simply proves we're human.
Hmmm, kind of went up on the soapbox there, didn't I? Well, at least I've got you all to listen to me when I go off on one of my rants! (GRIN)
So, you can all have your ears back, I'm through bending them.

And Amy, I'm glad Boris arrived safely! He was really creeping me out while he was here!

And Bunny? This one's for you kiddo!!!
Pennywise moving Pictures, Images and Photos

o

There, There Dan - we all really love our postmen and women. As a teacher - I know how it feels to be underappreciated. But there is no excuse for that video to our Dear Bunny. Watch your back...GRIM GRIN

o

Ok, I'm finally home now so I can post what Dan sent me...

a couple types of tulip bulbs
Ixiolirion (I have never heard of these, I wonder if they will survive our winter in the ground or if I should wait until spring to plant them.
Hyacinth bulbs
a tin of Candy
tons of seeds (wow!)
new seed envelopes (nice! where do you get these?)
plant markers
And Boris....

Bat Pictures, Images and Photos

P.S. Dan, thank you so much for such a wonderful box! I can see that you put alot of effort in making such a nice box! And the packaging was really great too.

P.S.S. I'm sorry, this has been a super busy week for me. (This is the earliest I've gotten home all week). I will get my box in the mail early next week...probably Tues or Wed now since Mon is a holiday!

o

Sooooo... when do we get to find out what Dan sent you, Amy? Inquiring minds wanna know! :)

I agree with Dan on his perspective on being a mail carrier. Cliff is very good at his job and I've seen just how full that van is most of the time, and when you add the annual food drive to that.. sheesh! Not to mention driving from the wrong side of a US vehicle! But, on the flip side, I also know what many people deal with from the postal service, not so much from our carriers, but from the post office in general, a lot of that from the clerks. It's not pleasant.

LOL, but I'm agreeing that if some of the carriers saw some of the things they'll be transporting and delivering for this swap, they'd be freaked out! I know that my box contained several ...erm... oddities of the more macabre persuasion! I'm very much on pins waiting for it to get to my partner and for their reaction.

Back to work for me tomorrow. I took off Tuesday, at the last minute- literally, for a family issue, everything's alright now, though. And Wednesday and Thursday are my normal days off. Wednesday was spent looking for more bulbs, mailing a package to Melissa and getting a couple trades out. Then re-doing my Fairy Garden and amending the soil, etc. Today was spent vegging out with my DH and this evening with planting two small variegated Weigela in the back yard. Tomorrow I'm planting out some honeysuckle tubers from Michele in a trade. And getting Cliff to come up to work and pick up another 4 bags each of topsoil and manure to lasagna some more beds, and hopefully getting the shade bed done so I can plant out some toad lilies I got in a trade as well as trout lilies from my last plant order and some hostas I've got ready to snuggle into the ground and get comfy before winter sets in. Next week will be taken up with working my other beds into lasagna beds and getting bulbs that don't need pre chilling planted. Gotta hold off the tulips and hyacinth for about another 4-5 weeks. I need to check through all my bulbs and get them organized into my garden blueprints :)

Then comes getting ready to mulch everything in well. It's gonna be a busy month or so for me at home. Meanwhile, while i was off this week, Christmas has descended on the Garden Center, but I'll still be outside tending plants and watering for a while.

How's everyone planning for fall plantings and winter?

Kathy

o

Amy, is that a pic of Boris??? He looks kinda scary!

Does it say what type of Ixiolirion it is, there are a few diff. species and depending on which one....
If it is the Lavender Mountain Lily, it should be fine. And those are very pretty. Maybe Dan can clue you in on that : )

o

WOW !!!! Miss Bunny sure knows how to pack a boxon the top a spider web with a huge tarantula, lil spiders and skeletons. Cute tissue leaf bags with queen of night tulips, gentle giat daffs and thalia daffs each bag with a cute paper leaf tag. bag of pumpkin stencils, bag of glow in dark pumpkin leaf bags, homemade pumpkin butter, need recuipe for this and carmel apple jam. a pumpkin almond candle two gold canyon candles, one licorice one carmal apple boy are they fragarant, gotta get more of these, house is licorice smelling right now.with pumpkin votive holder, foot care kit 2 lotions, spray foot cooler brush and file all avon, hope I didn't miss anything, I love my box thankyou Bunny. Amy what is Boris ? Thankyou for the thoughtful box these are all over my house now.Photobucket I told dh there was a spider in my box, he said kill it, it is from another state and could be dangerous, felt stupid when I showed it to him. Dan I love my mail lady she brought me a great box today. what is a good christmas gift for your mail person ? my box will go out next wednesday, so don't get worried pal it will be next friday when you get it but it will be there. hugs carol

o

Wow, that was NOT nice, Dan.....Not nice at all....Nope....
Jumped up from the computer desk, running through the house yelling "Scroll DOWN DOWN DOWN! Scroll the stupid mouse DOWN! RIGHT NOW!!!" to my 12 year old. Thankfully, he understands, and was able to clear the screen for me.

Bad Dan.
I hope someone sends you a giant bloody, crusty booger.
What a meanie.

And...FYI...I LIKE my mailman!! He's very sweet, cute, has a great taste in music.
I know how much our mail carriers go through to get the mail out....our mail man lost the engine in his durango (it was less than 6 months old!) during the floods back in April. Couldn't go around the flooded roadway, but he had to get to the mailbox on the other side...so he tried to go through it. He would've made it, but there the waters were 3ft deep, and he couldn't see the tree underneath -ripped a gash in the oil pan, and took out the tranny.
ANYWAY...he was out for a week, came back when his engine was repaired, and wrecked it YET AGAIN in another flood.

You can't tell me the guy ain't dedicated.

Oh, and I DO give him a Christmas card (with a THANK YOU note attached!) and candy every year.
So there. :P

Glad you liked your box, Carol!!The kids helped pack it & chose everything to go inside. :O)

o

well, all I'm going to say about the Pennywise video is, it IS halloween, and everyone deserves a good scare! hehehehehe

mailman Pictures, Images and Photos

and no, this isn't a picture of me! lol

o

Heheheheee... someone's getting a package today!! Wonder who it will be? Just be careful, there's no telling just how that thing has mutated by now... I found a taser worked pretty well, but at this point..well.. they tend to grow and get stronger, ya know.

Kathy

o

Carol, what a GREAT box from Bunny! How'd you get up the nerve to ever open it though????
Bunny, if I were you, I'd be plotting my revenge!
And Dan, I LOVE my little Mail lady! She's great! I always give her a gift at Christmas, like homemade fudge, cookies, a great smelling candle, etc.
Course..... she may not like me so much after she gets this box. LOL
Kathy, I promise, every day when the mail runs, I'm kind of cringing, wondering if my box will come!

Joan

o

I did warn Mark, my mailman, that I'll be getting a rather strange package....I handed him my "poke" stick just in case he'll need it...you know what? He doesn't even look at me strangely anymore...is that a good sign or a bad sign, Dan?

o

Dan, how many times has your crack been confused with the mail slot?

Maybe if you look at it from a strictly consumer side of the mangled package debate you may feel a little more compassion for us. A lot of us only mail a few packages a year. Let's say that we mail 12 and 2 of them look like bunny's box up there. (BOY DO I REMEMBER WHEN THAT HAPPENED!) That is 17% of the packages we sent to a friend or loved one. We put a lot of thought and care into what we send and it smarts when it gets flattened like a pancake.

Now we all know that you guys are human and handle a lot of packages. My mailman and I have a nice relationship. I won't let him walk all the way from the road to bring me a package, I tell him to drive on up to the house and I also meet him at the truck so he doesn't have to climb the stairs beneath a load of boxes. I do my part to make him smile. He seems to like me pretty well, and me him. It is just the boxes that show up looking like they were part of a rugby match that makes us shake our heads and wonder what in the world goes on in those shipping and receiving rooms. I'm just sharing the flip side of the situation with you.

o

UPDATE:
poisondartfrog/Alana -
jaleeisa/Kathy -
dieg01991/Amy - rec'd
ejmoore510/Joan -
veeja11/Carol - rec'd
debbya/Deb -
Nikkineel -
Lindaruzicka -
Dan_the_mailman -
Sassybutterfly/Wendy -
hazelnutbunny/Melissa -

Hmmmm..........I wonder who's next!!!

Tracy, yep, the postal people are just human and everyone makes mistakes, like in the case of bunny's box (yes, I remember that one very well too!) I'm sure it was just dropped a couple times, maybe ran over once or twice, LOL

Dan, I know what it's like to not always get the appreciation that you deserve in a job! Try working in the medical field, you think figuring out who's house a letter goes to can be a challenge, you should see what it's like to flip through a very large book of pills with an elderly patient that can't remember the name of the "little round white one" lol

o

Someone's box is on the way.... I can't wait to hear if you like it! Nik

o

Dan, I don't think that most of us have trouble with our mailmen. It's our local POs that are the problem. My maillady is very nice. She will pay any postage due that I might have, leave me a note and I put the money back in the mailbox for her. She'll honk if I have a package and if at all possible will attach it to my mailbox when I'm not home with rubber bands if it is small enough and the weather allows. Which saves me from having to go to the PO and deal with the real a$$holes of the postal system.

o

Sorry Dan. My mailman is probably a poor example of the breed; all foam, no beer.

But that is not what is important! What is important is that he made it to my house with my ghoulishly spooktacular Halloween Box from jaleeisa today!

It was full of creepy guardians for the fantasticly Halloweeny contents which included:
A bag with several packs of seeds; among them were seeds for Sunflowers and Pumpkins along with others. I love growing from seed so these are great!
Tulip Bulbs, Queen of Night
Tulip Bulbs, Kingsblood
Crocus, Assorted
Bearded Iris, Superstition
Bearded Iris, Night Edition (really, really, dig this one!)
Rope Hoya
Fernleaf Bleeding Heart
Orange Candle Plant (I have to look this one up, sounds great!)
I am absoluted delighted to have each of these to add to my garden.
She also sent a skull, with brainpan missing, perfect for serving pickled eyeballs or even candy if you prefer.
In additon there were horrible his and hers hanging figures in formal attire. I am going to use them on the cake table at a Halloween wedding-very cool! She also sent a Dracula windsock and a Frankenstein tree decoration. Tomorrow, I am working on my Halloween decorations and these will be great!
She also sent some disgusting candy-delicious!
I am afraid I may have left something out, but this was truly a grand Halloween treat.
Thank you so much!

I have my partner's box ready to send tomorrow. Vic, I will email you the confirmation number in the morning.
I hope they enjoy it as much as I did mine.

Thanks again, Alana

o

Whew! Alana, I'm so glad you liked everything! I have been on pins and needles waiting for that box to arrive! I saw that it had when I dropped by home on my lunch hour and I've been really antsy to get home and see if you'd opened it yet! You were suppose to have had a Lollipop Lily as well, but it didn't come in with the rest of my order as it should have. It was going to be the "candy" plant in the box. And my kids thought the Orange Candle flower would be great to go with the Jack o'Lantern pumpkin seeds :) I can send you a couple of the Lollipop Lilies as soon as they arrive, if you like. The Night Edition and Superstition Iris were because I didn't have the Lollipop, so I'm really glad you liked them! And if you'll check closely, I think there are are probably three Fern Leaf Bleeding heart bare roots in that package. I saw two for sure.

I think the only thing you left out was the rats, bats and spiders :) and the gardening bag. I find mine to be really handy to keep hand tools, seeds, markers, etc close at hand while I'm working in my beds.

I was really worried about this box since I don't know you well and NOTHING I sent was on your wants list! I hope you enjoy them, I had a great time putting it together for you!

Kathy

o

I can't believe I left out the little garden caddy! I already put my garden shears, labels and plant ties in it and I will be using it to carry around my "seeds of the day" when I get ready to sow.
Good stuff!

o

Kathy, I can't believe you were even worried about that box! It's great!!

Boy, boxes are just a flying around here!!

If I don't check back in, it just means we got snowed in and lost power! LOL
Yes, SNOW!! and they were calling for up to 19" of it, but I think they dropped it down to 12-14" So much for fall out here in the west, I guess it goes right from summer to winter! *sigh*

o

Hello All! Just popping in to see who's gotten what, and there are some spooky, way-cool boxes being sent! After doing some errands today, we're gonna be in the garden, and then decorate the yard for Halloween. Should be a lot of fun! Everyone have a great day!

Marilyn Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Of course I was worried about Alana's box! NOTHING I sent was on her wants list! I'm just really happy that she liked it!

Alana, let me know if you'd like some of the Lollipop Lily when it comes in. I'll be happy to send it along too :)

I'm getting ready for work. It's amazing to see all the Christmas stuff going up while I'm still outside watering rows and rows of Mums that never seem to stay moist enough in their pots!

Everyone have a wonderful day! I'm wondering who will be the next to receive their box!

Kathy

o

Kathy, no need to send the Lollipop lilies. As it happens I planted that one in the spring. It is very pretty!

I don't think I had anything that exactly matched anything on my partner's want list either, but I am hoping that I gleaned enough information from their list to have sent a few things that person will like.

This was a really fun swap!

o

I received a spooktacular box from Deb today!
She sent a really neat hologram Skull hanging decoration that will be really fun when I host families for trick or treating this year.
Bulbs:
Queen of Night Tulips
Gypsy Queen Hyacinths - I love hyacinths - can't wait to look this one up!
Red Tulips
Plant: Red Magic Daylily -I don't have this one. I've been thinking about reds lately and this will be a great addition:)
Seeds:
Crocosmia - Lucifer (creepy - I'll be looking this one up too!)
Atlantic "dill" or "hill" pumpkin?
Marigold -"Aurora Fire"
Siberian Iris - Snow Queen
Red Castor Bean
These are all new to me and I'm going to have fun looking them up and planning on how to germinate. Do you wintersow? Are these wintersowable? I'm going to start this year and I'm already excited about it.
Thanks for a great box, Deb. You did a great job! Nik

o

Nik,
You have another box coming. I left out a pile of stuff! I had it set on the side for your box, and darn it- forgot to pack it! UGH! ;) I worked on 4 boxes that day, so everything was all over a table (in my plant room). I started working in another room and forgot to go back with your box to pack the stuff that I had on the side (I thought I had it in there already!) Let me know when the other package arrives! I'll mail it monday.

Hugs,
Deb

o

Vic, snow in October!?! I am so jealous. We never get enough snow to satisfy me around here.

Photobucket

o

Cheer up Vic. Maybe you'll get a headstart on spring too!

BTW, do you ski?
me Pictures, Images and Photos

o

***brushing aside the cobwebs***
cobweb Pictures, Images and Photos

where is everybody today? whatch'all doing?

o

Enjoying the 80* weather! Indian Summer has been here for the last few days and I've been doing as much as possible outside! Later on in the week temps drop back to normal (upper 50's).

Back outside! Will check in later~

Deb

o

I've been doing....*gasp*....HOUSEWORK!!
ACK!
HouseWork Pictures, Images and Photos

But....Hubby just told me..."Don't do too much today, go sit down and have some hot chocolate."
YAY!
housework Pictures, Images and Photos

I KNEW there was a good reason I love that man!! :O)

o

we planted garlic today, then gathered all the little gnomes, houses, statues, etc and put them in the shed. in a little while, I'm cooking a chicken dinner. YUM! YUM!

o

Well, so far today.......

Zack helped me in the garden
(I know it's hard to tell, but he is laying in the middle of one of my beds!)

1st snow angel 10/11/2008

We cleaned up his play area a little.....

10-11-2008

I was going to go out on the deck and have coffee but....

back patio door

Photobucket

I also put an 18# Turkey in the roaster, and invited people over for dinner.....we'll see if they show! LOL

We will be making a snowman later........

Happy Gardening!!
Vic

o

BRRRRR!!!! Vic, That is AMAZING!! Are you SURE you didn't land at the North Pole sometime over night??
Wow, snow before Thanksgiving! How cool is that? (literally!) LOL

snow flakes Pictures, Images and Photos

o

"putting up a double whammy sign"..you just keep that white stuff with you for awhile yet Vic..don't even think of sending it this way yet...."cowering in corner"

o

Well, I worked today. It's really odd to still be outside watering, all the garden stuff for fall is already packed up- bulb food, lawn fertilizer, etc, while they put up Christmas in the Garden Center. It's a little disorienting, not to mention many customers upset because they still need lawn and garden stuff, me included! I had to go to another store to get my bulb food, etc!

Finally home after getting off late. Looking forward to having my later clock in time tomorrow cause then I can get a couple things done at home before work :)

Vic, that snow looks amazing! Do they think it's gonna stick for a bit or will it melt off quickly?

Kathy

o
snowman

WOW Vic! I'm speechless...lol I just can't imagine having so much snow!!

hugs,
Wendy

o

No mail tomorrow :( so I guess we have to wait til at least Tuesday to find out who will be the next to receive a delightfully ghoulish box!

Kathy

o

Vic, you definitely can keep that snow all to yourself! We had temps in the high 70s here today with lots of sunshine, and though it's supposed to get down to 56 tonight, it's supposed to reach 80-81 tomorrow. Want me to send you some sunshine to melt that snow?

now, this is a beach! here's my favorite beach . . .
esch rd beach Pictures, Images and Photos

o
snowman

WOW Vic! I'm speechless...lol I just can't imagine having so much snow!!

hugs,
Wendy

o

Dan, that is gorgeous!

o

and now you know why, no matter where I roam in this world, I always return to northern Michigan. no hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes, mudslides. just snow, which we either dig ourselves out of, or if it's too much to deal with and still coming down, we just stoke up the furnace and ride it out until we can get our snowplows and shovels out. during the summer, I usually spend my free time at the beach in the above picture. it's a great place to relax, and kind of out-of-the way so not too many people go there. and, the beach is a couple of miles long, so no matter how many people are there, you can get away by yourself and just relax in the sun.

this morning we worked in the bathroom together, and now it's all done except for the little decorations we're gonna put up. it has a beach theme, so we're looking for lighthouses and seagulls.
this afternoon we're going to spend a few hours at Christmas Cove Farm, drinking cider and buying apples. here's a link to where we're going... http://www.applejournal.com/christmascove/farm.html

talk to you all later! don't forget, there's no mail delivery today because of the holiday. so hopefully there will be more halloween boxes delivered tomorrow!

Mailbox Pictures, Images and Photos

o

What a day! Paula and I went to the apple farm mentioned above, and bought ourselves 5 different types of heirloom apples. Of course, seeds are drying as of this moment! LOL! On our way back we did some sight-seeing, I'll have pictures posted in a few days. Once we got back to town we stopped at a local meat market/deli and bought some cheeses, meats, and bread and came home for a nice Tuscan lunch in while watching an Elvis movie.
After relaxing a bit, I got out the sickle and started hacking down the perennial garden to make way for the cemetary we're going to put up for Halloween. This past spring, a bunch of "trees" sprouted, and I didn't know what they were. So, when I was hacking away, I was cutting them down too. Then I came upon an especially hardy one with a lot of stems, looking like it was 4 or 5 years old. Well, after managing to cut down 2 of the stems, I realized I was cutting down one of my rose-of-sharon bushes! Major OOPS!!! I felt so stupid! Then it hit me when I looked at the leaves of that bush, and compared them to the unknown "trees". I've never grown ROS's from seed, until this year, that is! I've still got about a dozen or so of the young ones left, and now I'm wondering how old they have to be before they bloom!

black/tweaked sickle Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Question about the November MNF. I know the October one isn't over yet, but give me a break, I'm new at this. Will it be hard to find bulbs in November? Will companies ship them that late? I could order them now but I won't know who my partner is until later so I couldn't get her color.

o

Proud,

I think it would be fairly safe to go ahead and order an assortment of bulbs now for your November partner. Personally, I'm happy to receive anything that my partner would like to see in their garden. Go ahead and pick some bulbs that you would love to grow and send them. There are some nice sales going on with the online retailers. Much better selections and prices than any of my local nurseries.

Tracy

o

I agree. I always just anticipate getting my box and seeing what others liked enough to share :) When I'm working on a box, I always choose some things that I like, to start preparing, then once partners are announced, see if I have anything that's on their list. But, like this month, my box didn't have anything that was on Alana's list. And she still liked it :) Then, especially if it's bulbs or seeds, if it's not something they wanted, I never have a problem with them trading them for something they DO want :)

Another thing I do is once I see who's signing up, I start trawling their pages :) Many people are interested in similar things, so sometimes I'll base my box around those things, like seeing a particular lily or daylily showing up on several lists. The same could be done with the "partner's color" bulbs as well.

Kathy

o

Can you give me some places to look. Some of the things I found don't ship until spring. Thanks!

o

I know that Michigan Bulb ships several things in the fall, so do most other companies. Look for tulips, hyacinth, daffs, crocus, etc. When searching, look for bulbs, as opposed to plants, which will ship in spring. I know that Michigan has a large selection, so does Parks and Brecks. I did a search for "fall bulbs" and it turned up lots of companies. So did "fall planted bulbs". You might also check your local nurseries, they usually have a really good selection of fall bulbs at a good price, then you don't have to pay shipping or wait for them :)

Hope this helps :)

Kathy

o

WOW! What a box I received from Nikki this morning! First of all there was a lovely crayon picture from her daughter Sarah. Since my Sara is 18, it's been quite a few years since I've had a picture to put on my fridge...so that's where it went! Please tell Sarah that I really love it!

THEN there was:
25 Narcissi trumpet daffodils (I love daffodils)
12 sempre avanti daffodils
12 Daydream tulips ( I have the perfect place for these)
Queen of night tulips (I've wanted these for ages!)
Chionodoxa Blue (I don't have these)
seeds:
calendula
Eschschaltzia
Black hollyhock
california poppy
salvia fairy queen
mountain phlox
lavendar
purple beauty pepper
purple tomatillo
agastache apricot sprite
I haven't grown alot of these so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they do

also...
Happy Haunting door mat (you must've seen what I had out there..."L")
tangerine body lotion (yummy)
Glamour Ghouls pumpkin decor (to decorate a pumpkin-has a witch hat, fuzzy hair, sunglasses and big oversized lips)
You go Ghoul! pot holder and tea towel (this is really cute!)
citronella candle (I always need one of these!)
striped halloween socks with a black cat wearing a diamond necklace (my daughter tried to snag these..HA!)

This was a wonderful box Nikki with alot of thought put in it. Thank you so much! I'll be planting later today after I finish painting my dining room! ((HUG))

o
RE: oops! one more thing!

oh, I forgot something! She also sent a wtich's finger candle that melts red wax when it's lit. I wanted to show it to Sara and didn't put it back in the pile! It even has green warts on it..."scary...

o

well, Calvin, one of my black cats, has decided he's dressing up for Halloween as a "mauve colored speckle" paint spot..he has a great head start.."shaking head"

o

Linda, have any pics of the Great Mauve One? LOL!!! Did you manage to get any paint on the walls??? Inquiring minds want to know..... rofl

o

OHHHH.MY.GOSH ohhh my gosh ohhh my goshhhhh!!! I am SO incredibly excited over the Fantastic box I got today!!!!!

Serious props to you Alana / Poisondartfrog!!!

WOWWWWWWW!!

First of all she paid such amazing attention to detail with the packing and packaging! Everything was covered in Orange and Purple tissuepaper with creepy crawlies taped on or wrapped around them! Some had snakes acting as the 'bow' and spiders galore! It was so cool!!

On to what was INSIDE the goody wrapped packages!

Trick or Treat goody bags were filled with:
'Merlot Rouge; DOUBLE Daylily ~ my very FIRST double! ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty!!!!
'Magical Encounter' Tall Bearded Iris!! ~woohoo!!
Weeping Buddleia ~ still in a pot AND dirt included!! LOL :)
'Mystical Rainbow' Iris ~ I am so excited to be adding something other than my few plain purples to my collection!!!
'Black Mondo Grass' ~ YESS!! I was searching for seeds for this recently so this is definitely a head start! TY!
Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR packages full of bulbs!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Obdam Daffodils' (5 bulbs)~ never heard of them but the pic is GORGEOUS!!
'Quebec Bunchflowering Tulips' (6 bulbs) ~ again, never heard of them but GORGEOUS!! They look like mini sunsets!
'Blue Magic' Tall Dutch Iris (8 bulbs) ~ GORGEOUS!!!
'Allium Purple Sensation' (5 bulbs) ~ FINALLY! I have my much wanted Alliums! TY!

No.. I'm not done yet! This box was jammed with goodies!

Vic ~ you'll love this.. A cute lil Halloween plaque that actually says 'Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun!' How PERFECT is that!?!
Cute lil Halloween socks with Spiders & Webs all over ~ my daughter already snatched these :P
Gin & Tonic Mixer w/ skulls on it.. where's the gin Alana? lol :D

lots more creepy crawlies throughout my box.. eek!

and no STILL not done!

A halloween treat bag jammed full o' seeds! This included:
Lunaria Alba Variegata (WHITE money plant) Gosh I've wanted this one!!
Crocosmia Lucifer
Datura Devil's Trumpet
Euphorbia Marginata Snow on the Mountain
Sunflower Ring of Fire
Pumpkin Tree ~ YESS!!!!! Never grown this but am thrilled to try it for next year!!
Salvia Coral Nymph
Agastache Honey Bee Blue & White
Salvia Blue Bedder
Yvonne's Salvia ~ sooo excited to have this special one!
Salvia Rose Queen
Sunset Hibiscus
Medusa Ornamental Pepper ~ cool!
Creepy Eyeball plant :) My son will LOVE this!
Salvia Victoria Blue
Asclepias Curassavica GOLD
Castor Bean
Coleus Black Dragon
Red Standing Cypress

I should also mention alot of the seeds were in cute orange homemade envys and Halloween stickers! Alana, I am so very thankful for all the Salvias... I was really hoping to start a Salvia garden this next year and you REALLY got me set up!

The butterflies and hummers are gonna LOVE me next year!!

THANKYOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd give ya a big southern hug right now if you were close enough! lol I am just so thrilled! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Well, it's already started warming up and most of the snow is almost gone! It was like spring today, sunny and warm, got up to 50! (amazing how warm 50 can feel after the low 30's) I'm hoping it gets everything dried up by next week, I've still got to mow the lawn one last time! And I've got to get my new veggie bed set up and an area on one side of the house tilled up, it's hard to do that stuff in the snow! LOL

UPDATE:
poisondartfrog/Alana - rec'd
jaleeisa/Kathy -
dieg01991/Amy - rec'd
ejmoore510/Joan -
veeja11/Carol - rec'd
debbya/Deb -
Nikkineel - rec'd
Lindaruzicka -
Dan_the_mailman -
Sassybutterfly/Wendy -
hazelnutbunny/Melissa -

Let me know if I missed anyone!
Hmmmm..........I wonder who's next!!
OH, that's right, I DO know who's next! hehehe I just got an email today and seems another ghoulish box is in transport! Muh ha ha ha.....

Becky, the places Kathy named are good ones for bulbs, also, the ones they wouldn't ship, were they spring flowering? If not, there may not be any place that will send them this time of year.
And I agree with Tracy, go ahead and order now, there are so many things I would love but they are not on my list, and there are several things I never knew I wanted until I got them : )

Dan, that is a nice beach, I'm guessing on Lake Michigan...

Linda, that is an awesome box! Nikki did a great job!

I know I've got a couple emails to get back to, I will try to do that tonight, it's just been crazy here the last couple days: )

Vic

o

RECEIVED mine Vic!! :P ^^See above ..lol

Yes, I'm still up at 1:30am .. labeling seed packs to go in my partner's box! lol Seems like late night hours is the only time I'm undisturbed! :)

Hope all is well w/ everyone! Today we got up to 86.. Sorry Vic but I was in shorts, t-shirt AND running the a/c in my van. :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Vic, I was sort of thinking along the lines of dahlias and lilies instead of tulips etc. If I found some of those would it be okay to send them knowing that my partner would have to store them until spring?

o

What wonderful boxes!!!! Can't wait to get mine! This is really a fabulous swap! Everyone is being SO creative!

Wendy, isn't the black mondo grass gorgeous?! I just got some from a trade for my Gargoyle Garden and am really excited about having it! After delivering for 11 hours yesterday, Cliff did NOT want to see another piece of mail (the Tuesday after a Monday holiday is triple mail volume!) but he lit up like a child at Christmas when he saw that grass! The Gargoyle Garden is his idea, so I was very happy to see the exhaustion slide off him while he stroked that grass and discussed how to display it best!

And you'll adore the Medusa ornamental pepper! I picked up two small ones while shopping for this swap and planted them in a container in front of the house and it's really gorgeous! The pale green, orange, purple and red peppers really adds a "fall" feel! I wish I'd picked up more of them!

Becky, I think that most dahlias ship in the spring, but lilies, depending on the type, will ship in fall.

Kathy

o

halloween Pictures, Images and Photos

Ok, my box is packed up and shipping out today. Will send conf# later. Sorry it took so long, but Herman had to have one last FEEDING before I put him in! LOL

Joan

o

Kat~ I've forgotten to tell you, but I DID stop by & ask my neighbors about that grass. They thought I was insane...or maybe off my rocker with the preggo hormones. LOL They said "you want WHAT?" "Why?" "Uh...it's GRASS. And by the way, do you KNOW how my wife would KILL me if I let someone dig a hole in her yard??" (good grief, like I would do that...and if I DID do that, like I wouldn't fill it in!! Jiminy!!)
Seems people around here just don't want to share their grass!!
But I DID try...and now I've got a reputation around here as a looney.
Oh, wait....that was probably decided BEFORE I asked for the neighbor's grass.
Oh well.

o

UPDATE:
poisondartfrog/Alana - rec'd
jaleeisa/Kathy -
dieg01991/Amy - rec'd
ejmoore510/Joan -
veeja11/Carol - rec'd
debbya/Deb -
Nikkineel - rec'd
Lindaruzicka -
Dan_the_mailman -
Sassybutterfly/Wendy - rec'd
hazelnutbunny/Melissa -
paradise_acres/Jay & Rhonda

Wendy, we musta been posting at the same time, I don't know what took you soooo long to post! OH wait, probably because you rec'd a WHOLE garden in that box! LOL

Alana, you sure know how to pack a box!!

Becky, like Kathy said, if they are not hardy bulbs that can be left in the ground over winter, you will have a hard time finding a company to ship them till spring. But if you do find some at a local store, then by all means go for it! Look how people save seeds lol, I'm sure they would love some other types of bulbs!

Wendy, if I had known you were up so late last night, I would have popped in and said Hi. I was up doing an online training course to do insurance physicals, I was evidently hired for this almost 2 months ago and no one told me! The woman emailed me yesterday asking why I never took the training course! I worked on it for about 3 hours then went to bed.

Vic

o

Melissa, LOL, no worries. I've got like 8 very nice sized clumps now and I'm sure they will spread once I get them to their permanent home. Right now they are decorating my crate graveyard. Took them out and stuck them in there this morning as soon as the bratlings left for school :) I'm working on bed plans today, since I'm off and it's still raining and chilly. Will probably work outside this afternoon :) After I work on these bed plans for all the goodies I've gotten lately, I'm gonna finish getting my Theme Garden swap seeds together and try to group them according to themes.

Kathy

o
Becky

I just got an email, gurneys.com is having a bulb sale! I haven't compared their prices or ever ordered with them, but thought I would pass it on : )

o

Wendy,
I am glad you liked your box. It included some of my own favorites. Everyone is getting great treats!
I love Halloween!
Alana

o

Wow - this place has been busy since I last posted. Vic, that snow was something else! We rarely get to see that here in the south. Kathy, I can't believe all the Christmas stuff already on the shelves. I'm dying to go somewhere and see a good variety of bulbs. I ordered some online but I'd love to see some at a store.
Deb, I can't tell you how many times I've left something out only to remember it when after my box has been sent. I don't see how you could add more - I absolutely love my box - as is!!!!
Linda, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your box. I wanted it to be extra special! You really spoiled me on a previous swap!
I love hearing about everyone's boxes. I can't wait to share pics in the spring when all these bulbs begin to pop up... Nik

o

My box flew today confirmation number 03080730000067941950. should get to my unsuspecting victim friday. Hope she likes it. I'm still enjoying my goodies from bunny, did I rember my cute pillow that says I would do anything to lose weight except diet and exercise. and my granny choc chip cookies, if not, sorry bunny, I ate the cookies as I opened the box. great boxes everyone, starting to rain again. hugs carolPhotobucket

o

My box is packed up and ready to be shipped tomorrow!

Vic ~ I got the same email.. and I have a 'cart' full of things I want... just waiting on a credit card...LOL btw, Congrats on the unknown job.. :P Wish I could find one of those!

Kathy ~ yup I'm THRILLED w/ my box!!! :)

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy

o

Does anyone know the send date for the November mnf? I'm thinking in some places the ground not be suitable for planting bulbs if it is too late in the month. With the crazy weather we've had the past few years we could all be under two feet of snow by then!

o

I'll be sending out my box tomorrow..."adjusting chain"...my how things grow when you're not looking!

o

Well.. I didn't get the Gurney's ad this time, dunno why cause I usually do. I can't seem to find the area for the bulb sale. I'm just finding a few things that are on sale. Someone wanna share the link to the bulb sale?

Becky, honestly, I've planted bulbs in frozen ground, particularly those needing pre chilling. Those came up just fine and were some really beautiful tulips :) But honestly, it takes bitter frozen temps, or several freezes to really affect ground temps more than a couple inches below the surface. LOL, I remember one year that I had found some hyacinth and crocus late in the year that apparently I'd missed when I planted the rest and we'd had one of those odd early freezes and snowfalls in Texas, we went out and used warm water to melt the ice and thawed the ground enough to get the shovel through the first inch or two easier. After that, the ground was warmer and not nearly as solid. Once we got the snowfall, cause it got colder than the weatherman had predicted, I'd thought that I couldn't plant them. But my Dad said to use the water and go ahead. We planted a little deeper than you normally would to prevent what he called "bucking", where the ground freezes and "bucks" your bulb up out of the ground. Everything came up well.

Kathy

o

Becky, I couldn't agree more with Kathy. I live way up North and have planted bulbs at the end of November before. The ground isn't frozen that early in the season but by mid-December it is a little too hard to dig. The biggest issue is cold fingers playing in the dirt. It should be just fine. There isn't a send by date yet but I am sure partners will be assigned after the first week and you could always ship right after they are posted. We are pretty easy going here in MNF. I think everyone is happy to receive whatever you choose to send.

o

My box is on the way!! DC# 0308 0070 0000 9010 1340

Hope they like it! *giggling maniacally....... (is that even a word...)

~Wendy

o

halloween Pictures, Images and Photos

Just wanted to remind everyone that someone will be getting a box on Saturday and Herman is probably gonna be getting hungry again by then! LOL

Joan

o

No ghoulish boxes arrived today? How is everyone? I'm stuck inside due to lots of rain! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Nikki

o

Kathy, I didn't go to the link and deleted it, sorry.
I did get an email for dutchgardens.com also, didn't look like that great of deals to me.
BUT, if you go to T&M and have them send you a free catalog there is a $10 coupon (no minimum order) on it, that is if you need more seeds : ) ( tmseeds.com )

Nikki, well, either no one got a box today, or it scared them too bad to post about it! LOL
I guess we will have to wait and see.............

Also, send date is tomorrow, is there anyone that's having a problem getting their boxes out? If so, please let me know.

Vic

o

I'm wondering who got a box yesterday! And what ghoulish goodies they received! And I'm patiently... alright, not quite so patiently.. either the kids or I almost knock down the postman every day waiting for my box! Thankfully I've done a few trades lately and enjoying those is keeping the bratlings from becoming TOO restless!

Vic, no worries, I finally decided that I'm likely going to ahve more than enough bulbs to plant in the next few weeks! I have a BIG box of various bulbs and iris that will start going in this next week. We had a frost warning the last two days, so I didn't want to put out anything that might get damaged. But the next few weeks look good and I've still got plenty of time before our first freeze.

OH! And I bought a digital postage scale on ebay for $0.96 plus postage! All told, including the insurance it was less than $20! I couldn't find one anywhere else for that price! It arrived yesterday and is very accurate!

AAANND.. my amazing, wonderful, gorgeous husband bought me my Christmas present yesterday and gave it to me early! I'd bought him a 220 rifle and a handgun he'd been wanting and he got those early, so he felt I needed mine early too! He got me a new digital camera!!!!!! It's a 10 mpx and takes the most gorgeous pictures! I'll post some of the ones I've taken next week while I'm off!

Kathy

o

"humming the Addam's Family theme"..someone will be getting a box Monday or Tuesday....

o

Hi,
I packed up the remaining contents of Nikki's box. It will go out Monday by priority. I wanted to send it sooner, but have been overwhelmed with everything.
Wow, what a week! It's been so stressful here. My Mom found a breast lump on her birthday. She went to the Dr's, he said it was a fibroid. Then sent her for a mammo & ultrasound. The radiologist told her he believed it was cancer- he told her to say massive prayers. She's so scared (and so am I). We lost my Dad to colon cancer and she's all by herself now. She has an appt for a biopsy on Tuesday. Please say a prayer for her- her name is Gayla. I'm disappointed in the radiologist, you would think he wouldn't of just blurted that out. He could of just said wait for the results of the biopsy and left it as that.

Anyways, I would appreciate so much any prayers for my family (including some for me for strength). We went through so much with my Dad. He was extremely healthy- nothing wrong, very lean, non smoker. He wouldn't even take an asprin! During lots of overtime, all of a sudden had one symptom. A little blood squired out of his rectum while picking up a sack of potatoes. He was 55. Went to the Dr's, and was told he had colon cancer. Surgery was set up and with in 10 days, surgery was cancelled due to the tumor/cancer whipping out of his rectum and going internal. That quick..with in 24 months, he was gone. Now, my Mom's totally alone. I feel sooo bad for her!
One of my favorite birds died too (when I walked in from the Dr's office with the bad news) I found him on the bottom of the cage. A little parakeet named "Cloudy" his cage mate "Sunny" is greiving now. I'm going on Monday for a new cage buddy for Sunny. He's so sad.
Boy, do things happen fast and in bunches!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Deb..((HUG))..I will keep you and your mother in my prayers.

o

Oh, Deb! What a horrible week for you.
Many MANY prayers & hugs for you & your mom!

And what a #@&*@!(#@&*!@@&$#*($#* insensitive radiologist!! I could kick his butt myself! He's not even a dr! How dare he make an assumption based on his limited knowledge?? Stupid feller.
I hope he finds 4 flat tires on his car, curdled milk on his cereal & a stalker ex-girlfriend.

Oh, and horrible back acne for the rest of his life.

Stupid feller.

o

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear of all that you are going through, and yes, that was very insensitive on his part! I've seen that happen before and they have no right to do that, in most cases it is so much better coming from your family Dr. who you know and trust and usually doesn't scare the hell out of you until they know for sure!
You, your Mom and your family are in my prayers!
Hugs
Vicky

o

Oh My Goodness! I got my BOX today from Miss Wendy!! Holy Cow!!

First, lemme tell you...she put my address on a large ORANGE sheet of paper. With googly eyes!! The kids liked that. :O)
Pumpkin Pictures, Images and Photos
Then, as I opened it up...the kids looking over my shoulder...they all screamed..."A BOX FULL OF CANDY! CANDY CANDY CANDY!!"
To which I said...with large stick in hand..."DOWN DOWN DOWN, YOU JACKELS!! It's not like you've never gotten candy before!!!" (ok, maybe not with a stick...but I sure needed one!!)
skeleton Pictures, Images and Photos
So, with kids climbing over me, on me and around me, I *tried* to write everything down as I found it in the box. Please forgive me, Wendy, if I missed anything!

~An orange & black rubber snake (Adora took off with this)
~A multi-colored skeleton light set
~A LARGE LARGE bowl of CANDY, puzzles, pencils, rubber skeletons & bats, halloween jewelry, whoopee cushions...Just TONS of stuff!!
~A bag of spider web (decorative, not real..LOL..)
~Bottles of Pumpkin bubbles
~Iris- "superstition"
~Mini mugs- pumpkins, kitties & ghosts!
~An IV bag of blood (cherry liquid candy...but STILL GROSS!! ICK!!! LOL)
~Ghost & pumpkin tealight candles
~VANILLA BEAN ORCHID!!! Yay!!! :O)
~Seeds!! Tons and tons of SEEDS!!! Some in cute halloween bags! Let me try to list them all.....
corn-bloody butcher
pansy- black devil
eggplant-ghostbuster white
cosmos-psycho white
blackberry lily
bird's eye
sunflower-black oil
sunflower-autumn beauty
night phlox- midnight candy
dahlia-black beauty
watermelon-white wonder
bachelor button-boy midnight
scabiosa-black knight
chrysanthemum-court jester
viola-bowle's black
blood flower
snapdragon-black prince
maltese cross
tomato-black prince
batwing acorn squash
cup plant
black peony poppy
carrot-atomic red
carrot-cosmic purple
cauliflower-purple of sicily
pink popcorn
beetberry strawberry spinach
german strawberry tomato
bloomsdale long standing spinach
majoram
watermelon-desert king
asparagus-mary washington
banana melon
huckleberry
rhubarb
ground cherry
dianthus-spooky
sunflower=cherry rose
hollyhock-red
dahlia-early bird mix
pure white poppy
lion's tail
sunflower-dwarf teddy bear
apple scented gold pompoms
catchfly
black eyed susan-goldilocks
scarlet flax
schizanthus butterfly orchid
zinnia- carousel mix
clematis-kilian donahue
bells of ireland
red sun sunflower
gloriosa daisy
poppy-drama queen
soapwort-bouncing bet
pink gas plant
carnation hollyhocks
oriental poppy
partridge pea
mg-sunspot
tartarian honeysuckle
coreopsis-early sunrise
hollyhock-summer carnival
cosmos-ladybird lemon
calendula-mixed
mexican hat
old fashioned lilac

WHAT A BOX!!!
Oh! I forgot the wind-up chattering teeth! The kids are having so much fun with those!! :O)

Halloween Night Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Many prayers to you Deb and your Mom. Many hugs too !!!

Kathy lucky you w/ the camera! That's one of the first things I bought w/ my lil inheritance last month. Sad thing is I keep forgetting to buy batteries! lol

Glad you enjoyed it Melissa! I knew the kids would really love it and I know you didn't want much you had to actually get out and plant right now :) So now you just have tons of seeds for wintersowing and next year! LOL :P I tried to send unusual veggies so your kids would eat their weird veggies too :D I know I saw the 'bloody' IV bag and just HAD to send it hehehehehe Dangit I forgot the drippy boogars nose (had candy liquid that dripped out of the nostrils) AND I forgot the severed limbs gummy candy.. argghhh hahaha

Hope you enjoy the orchid, I *had* to buy myself one too when I read that's where you can grow the vanilla beans from!!

Hugs everyone,
Wendy

o
this one's for Deb

Deb, let me just say that my thoughts are with you and your mother. Breast cancer can be survived, I'm living proof. I was lucky enough that mine was detected while it was still stage 1, and it was removed this past February. I was scared s***less the whole time, but I've been cancer-free ever since. The good thing that came out of that is that it was during my blood tests that my diabetes was discovered. My doctor is also a good friend of mine, and he ordered the diabetic screening of my blood because I'd complained of some blackouts and other symptoms of diabetes. Anyway, enough about me. Don't lose hope. It can be survived. And if you do get to see that radiologist, give him a good old-fashioned a##kicking!

o

eyes Pictures, Images and Photos
Picture yourself receiving a black box in the mail. A rather large black box. With murky, red eyes on either side. And yes, it is addressed to you, and the address is painted onto the box. With red blood.
Spooky, ain't it?
Well, that's what I came home to today.
When I opened it, I found a large black and purple fuzzy spider named Herman. Sitting on lime-green cobwebbing. Staring at me with his one eye. Beneath him was a roll of black crepe paper. Unrolled. Beneath that, in the dark depths of the box, wrapped amidst clinging sheets of black and red tissue, objects of horror which could only come from the disturbed mind of Joan!
In a package for Paula, was a frame in the shape of a loving couple seated in convertible, halloween socks, a devil's headband (with horns of course) and tail, and a bar of handmade Skyy-scented (yes, it's spelled Skyy) soap.
The Crypt Pictures, Images and Photos
Digging deeper, we found a purple paper ball with spiders on it, a spooky spider trick-or-treat sign for the yard, a gravestone, and a Blood Donors Needed sign from the Count.
Further excavation revealed a bag of caramels, chocolates, spiders, and eyeballs. YUM!!! Beneath this was a skull (not sure who it belonged to), a gargoyle (he'll join the others in my livingroom!), and a bar of Men's Musk scented soap. Apparently, "even stinky monsters need to smell good sometimes!!!"
And finally, on the lowest level of our excavation, Paula and I came upon a treasure trove of seeds and bulbs! Included in this find were:
Orange "Lucifer" Crocosmia
Orange and Black (Tulips,I think)
Tux (Tulips,I think)
Purple Alliums
Bearded Iris "Superstition"
Ornamental Indian Corn
Black Amber Sorghum
Egyptian Wheat Sorghum

Exhausted from all our digging, Paula and I put everything back and closed the tomb, keeping out the candy of course! Tomorrow, the decorations go up and the bulbs get planted!

Joan, this was a spooktacular box!!!

thank you Pictures, Images and Photos

-Dan and Paula

o

Where is everyone's favorite place to order cute, out of the ordinary, etc. stuff? The only place I can think of even remotely along that line is Oriental Trading.

o

Deb, my prayers are with you and your family. I will light candles with prayers for health, peace and strength. These will be lit each morning with meditation and prayers for your family. Remember, your family here is here for you too. We all have pretty broad shoulders if you need them to hold strength for your family. My email is always open :) HUGS!

Great box, Joan, sounds like you got a spooktacular box, Dan!

Beck, I also look at partycelebration.com Not sure what you're looking for.

Kathy~still boxless :( But the anticipation is exquisitely torturous!

o

Hello everyone! i just wanted to give everyone a heads up!!
yesterday tabor was riding his bike in the mud and hit a pothole. well he landed on his handlebar, the end of it hit him in the chest, so we took him in because he couldn't breath. we had the ambulance here, they said he was ok, but if we're still worried that we could take him in, well of course ya know i was and hubs was, so we did, they checked him over, no internal injuries, that's what i was worried about, because of the spline and liver. he ended up with a spranged rib. and a nice round mark where the end of the handle bar dug into him, the metal part. so i put vinegar on him, its looking better, we were worried about the mrsa with us being in the hospital and the other place.
well, anyhow he's out for 3 weeks and we have to keep an real close eye on him because of the asthma and something else. didn't catch it all. but ya know he's my real big helper,and there's no way i can do the schooling, the stuff that needs to be done, and keeping an eye on that boy, geez!! LOL ya know how them mommy's boy's are!! LOL and the rr so i have to hand my november rr over to someone. i'm really sorry to say so late and to well. drop out. ya know just all of that stuff. i wanted to do the bulbs because frances wanted bulbs sometime. LOL i hope ya'll have fun!! but i wanted to let ya know. Hugs Medo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here