Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

UPDATE: Blooming Friends-October Swap-Bulbs! - # 3!

remy_gw
17 years ago

{{gwi:1304697}}

Hi all,

I got an email from Jeanette/Number 1 Angel. She cannot see any new post or make a new post to the thread since he own posting on Oct. 13! She wanted to be able to make a post.

So I started a new thread for her.

I'll copy Susie's last post to here also so Jeanette can read it.

Here's the list as it stands now:Jeanette/Number 1 Angel..sends to Susie/Skohler- received

Susie/Skholer...................sends to Jeanette/Number 1 Angel - received

Char/Faith in Frogs...........sends to Susann/DizzyDaffodil-received

Susann/DizzyDaffodil........sends to MaryEllen/Mellen-received

MaryEllen/Mellen.............sends to Nancy/CedarNest- received

Nancy/CedarNest............sends to Jenell/LunaMoon -received

Jenell/LunaMoon..............sends to Michelle/Micke-sent

Michelle/Micke................sends to Deb/Debbya-received

Deb/Debbya....................sends to Tina/Hummingbirddaisy- received

Tina/HummingbirdDaisy....sends to Maureen/IrishRoseGrower -received

Maureen/IrishRoseGrower..sends to Char/Faithinfrogs-sent

Beth/Beth B Kodiak..........sends to Remy/Remy -received

Remy/Remy.....................sends to Shirley/Brittneysgran -received

Shirley/BrittneysGran..........sends to Julie/TastefullyJulie -received

Julie/TastefullyJulie............sends to Maryanne/Earthlydelights -received

Maryanne/EarthlyDelights..sends to Carol/Veeja11 -received

Carol/Veeja11..................sends to Jules/Klickitat- received

Jules/Klickitat...................sends to Susan/Giverny4me- received

Susan/Giverny4me.............sends to Sue G./Sguanzon -received

Sue G./Sguanzon...............sends to Kim/Lil Green Thumb -recieved

Kim/Lil Green Thumb........sends to Theresa/Theresa24 -received

Theresa/Theresa24.............sends to Diane/SassyD - received

Diane/SassyD....................sends to Beth/Beth B Kodiak -recieved

So we are almost done yeah!

Remy

Comments (23)

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    Here's the post from Susie.

well If daddy could dance he may have done so today :)
    mailman brought him his box from #1 & well I Don't have to make allot for super tonight :))

Jeanette sent them choc chip cookies ,snicker dooles, sugar cookies, oatmeal raisin , carrot cake Muffins ,mmm
    Fudge & then topped it off with pumpkin Bread :))
    2 word search puzzle books that margaret has taken for she enjoys them ALLOT :)) & also a candle We Never Have enough Candles when the lights go out .

all these goodies were in Halloween resealable bags
    Just right for dady to use thank you jeanette for making his day brighter :))
    I hope you will have lots of great blooms next spring :)) .

well i do need to go put on a small super for him so he dosen't have a sugar rush :)))
    have a great evening all .
    hugs
    susie

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Remy - wanted to let you know that I didn't get your gift out until today. I have the conf. # and will post it later. It's in the van, and I am just too lazy to go get it, LoL.

Thanks for hosting a great RR this month!

Susie - I bet your daddy was like a kid in a candy store, :-))

I know I would have been!!!

Tina

• mellen
    17 years ago

Remy, I sent your gift today, also. Mary Ellen

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Thanks Remy!! Didn't have much to post --but sure missed seeing what everyone got--So glad your Dad liked his 'goodies' and that Margaret is enjoying the books Sue--hope they 'share' a little with you--I did plant almost everything you sent around the sign out in front of the apartments and then mulched them in good on friday--Can't wait to see it all in bloom this spring!!
    Since I couldn't read all the responses--you did get your hostess gift Remy--didn't you??
    Jeanette

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! everyone,
    After two days of planting, I finally got all the bulbs in! The weather wasn't that bad. It rained for a little while today, but not too much. I think I have bulbs everywhere, lol. Next spring I really have to mark spots that are empty. I can't remember anymore.

Julie,
    I was thinking of you with the grape hyacinths. Did you get them? If you need more next spring let me know. And if you go to the local exchange, you can get them there and lots of other great stuff!

Jeanette,
    You're welcome: )
    Unfortunately, you did miss some good posts. Everyone got such nice boxes!
    I have not gotten your hostess gift yet. I hope it was sent regular mail and it just hasn't come yet.

Sassy sent me this:

Isn't it adorable!
    Remy

• skohler
    17 years ago

yes jeanette you did very well & Your in the wrong profession you should go into baking full time .
    online cookie store :)) & the pumpkin bread WELL
    I put 2 slices on the table for him tonight & He called me a cheapscape for cutting them so thin :( so I put the loaf in front of him with the knife & well there is 1/2 a loaf yet :)) told him to put out the al-ka-selter when he over eats :)) he suffers . its not cause from your cooking :))

even at 93 he is his own enemy with food :)) love it .
    well another great month is about over tonight the spooks are out :) we had 3 & that is just the neighbor KIDs.

so I'm going to lay this spooky body back & relax with a movie .
    have a safe & happy evening to all .
    susie

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Susie, that is SO funny! Cheapscape, huh? LOL! Well, at 93 you gotta figure he ought to have whatever he wants!

Heck, I had 6 kids brave a dark house to ring the bell. I didn't get home till 6:30, so the house was still dark & I hadn't even taken off my coat. Fortunately, I left the candy bowl ready this morning. They must have seen me pull into the garage. Sharp eyed little buggers.

One of my neighbors is playing some obnoxious scary noises VERY LOUD. Wouldn't be so bad, but there is an underlying drum beat that makes my teeth ache. - LOL - just had a Tarzan yell with it as well as wolf howls.
    Y'all have a good night & don't eat too much candy!

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Jeanette's hostess gift came today! She sent a humongous candy bar and a puzzle book. The puzzle book was good timing. It will come in handy after my next (and last) operation on the 15th.

Susann,
    I'm with you at 93 you might as well let him eat it all: )
    I had a lot of kids last night at least 150.
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Remy you had 150 kids? Good grief girl how much did you spend on candy? I only had 11 at the house but went to a church party and did the trunk and treat so had around 40 there.

Tina-Got the iris and the other sweet things you sent. Sent you an e-mail. Thanks

If anyone has a Lowe's close by they have their bulbs on sale for 50% off. Ours still had lots of hyacinths and tulips but the daffodils were all gone.

Shirley

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Wow! 150 kids? We got a big fat 0. LOL We live way out in the boonies though so we never have many. I think the most trick-or-treaters we ever had was 5 LOL

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I had to turn my computer back on to tell you all, I'm smoking crack(no not about the amount of kids). The pkg that came today was from Jenell, not Jeanette! I guess I had Jeanette in my head from yesterday. So sorry Jenell! Thank you for the gifts.

We do get tons of kids especially if the weather is nice. One year it was really mild out, we ran out of candy and I was giving out change. Many of the kids come in large groups. They know the house because of the lights and the smoke going off when they ring the door bell. And they remember we give out good candy lol! Many of them come from the Sunflower Man neighborhood across the boulevard. I must say most are very polite too. Anyway, I know it was at least 150 because Gary bought a huge 300 count bag of DumDums. So we gave each kid a dumdum and a mini candy bar. Over 1/2 the bag is gone. Gary and I ate some of the candy bars, so I never got a total count on them,lol, I buy 10 bags, and if the weather is crummy, we have lots of leftovers: )
    Remy

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I came home to two pkgs. today. Mellen sent me some plant markers and an actual writing marker for them! She also included Gavota and Blue Parrot tulip bulbs! Gary will especially love the Blue Parrot. I planted Blue Heron one year and he loved them.
    Thank you so much Mellen!
    I also received Tina's hostess gift. She included a very pretty pair of garden gloves, and pink tigerlily bulbs! I've wanted pink tigerlilies for some time now.
    Thank you so much Tina!

Char and Micke,
    Did you get your boxes? Please post and let us know.
    Thanks,
    Remy

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Yep, just yesterday it arrived and what a wonderful box of gardening bulbs. Maureen you really know how to pack a punch with all the plants you've enclosed. There are yellow asiatic lilys, crocus ruby giant, Tulips yonina, Tulips red riding hood, muscari valerie, crocus cream beauty, Crocus king of the striped, Asiatic lily anru and gypsy. These are all gonna look great come spring. Got to get them in the ground this morning as snow is not to far off anymore here. Thanks for the wide selection of goodies. I also got a wonderful Halloween sign that goes just great on the entry door to greet our guests and a cottage living mag which I've been paging through since I opened the box. Thanks bunches Maureen and I hope to trade with you again in the near future.
    Peace
    Char

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

HI Remy-I was just ready to post about the hostess gift but see you figured it out--I sent a flower hook that you can hang where ever you like(mine is in my bath to hold my robe) and some baked goodies and fudge--evidently some one at the post office is enjoying your goodies--I will send out a new one this weekend:)
    Jeanette

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Char,
    I'm glad you liked the box! I have the muscari Valerie Finnis and it is pretty!

Jeanette,
    I'm sorry it didn't make it here! I'm really upset now knowing there was baked goods in it! I would of loved the hook too.
    Remy

• micke
    17 years ago

*huff* I had this all typed up and my electricity went off!!
    I got my box from Jenell today, wow!!!
    this is what she sent,
    Bearded Iris 'prissy miss'
    Bearded Iris 'color tart'
    Crocus 'ruby giant'
    a bag of mixed crocus
    'Monte Negro' Lilies
    Fritillaria (something I will have to look up, I love surprises!)
    a pumpkin snickers (both kids got one for halloween and I was so jealous, now I get to savor my own!)
    and a big bag of mellowcreme pumpkins (I love those things, but no one else in the family does so I very rarely get any)
    thank you so much, I did not have any of the items that you sent and they are so much appreciated, well worth the wait :)
    michelle

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I so glad you box was worth the wait Michelle!

Yeah! We are done!!!
    I'm so happy everyone got such great boxes. I'm also very thankful for the wonderful hostess gifts. It wasn't just the generosity, but the thoughtfulness behind the gifts. And all the bulbs! My garden(and some other's as well) is going to be bursting at the seams next spring. Let me tell you I've always enjoyed spring, but after all I've been through spring means so much more to me. I'm sure many of you feel the same way.
    I'm glad we had such a successful swap!
    Remy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Remy,
    Thanks for hosting such a fun swap! You really did a good job!

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

remy, you did a wonderful job organizing, assigning and keeping track of us. congratulations on your (first) swap. now you are a seasoned pro. we certainly do have a great and generous group here, that's for certain.

it will be nice to welcome jeanne/sandlapper. i have been in swaps with her in the past. she also runs an animal service...that has to say something about her, right? welcome aboard jeanne.

speaking of animals, thought i'd bring you up-to-date on mine. they are still weird! lol. i'm not going to give up, ever...they don't deserve it. there's more changes in them, as a matter of fact, lucy had her nails cut on monday (finally). i was starting to get scared they were going to grow into her pads and hurt her, but they got done. today, i tried to walk her. you really have to see it to believe what goes on, but i'll deal with it. you guys all gave me such support that i am truly thanksful for.

i cut down the morning glory vines today. my goodness, were these flowers just stunning. i look forward to growing them next year. i just am so confused where the seeds are, been waiting for them but haven't found them yet. at least i have some leftover seeds for next season.

november already....SIGH!!!!!!!!!!

onward to debby's swap.

be well,
    maryanne

• micke
    17 years ago

the seeds are the tiny round balls that are left after the bloom dies, they pop open and spread the seeds, you being in zone 6 if you don't have too cold a winter you may have some volunteers come up next year from the seeds :)
    that has happened to me the past 2 years, but I hear we are actually suppose to get a winter this year, I need to get out and dig my EE's and cannas up just in case, just haven't got it done yet, I will be out their in 20 degree weather trying to dig through frozen soil I just know it!
    michelle

• skohler
    17 years ago

Nice swap remy you done a very good job with keeping track of everyone & all of the players my what boxes
    I know I'm putting many of you on my trade list for bulbs
    next year :)))

Nice swap ladies & happy gardening

susie

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Michelle~ I'm glad your box finally arrived! I mailed it on Monday and you didn't get it until Saturday.... Took long enough.... lol

Thanks for the fun swap Remy!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

great job on the swap remy, you are now an expert, I had fun thankyou