Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

Make New Friends: Getting to know you....in PICTURES!

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

Hi All!

We've got so many new faces here that I thought it would be nice to get to know everyone. So that's what this thread is about!

This is open to absolutely EVERYONE, you do not have to be in a current MNF swap to post here. We want to get to know everyone on GW, and the best way to do that is to share photos of our gardens, pets, family...and if we're brave enough...even ourselves! :O) We do post pictures alot in our respective threads, but this will give us a place to go to when we want to know..."Now, who is that person??" LOL

I know it helps tremendously to be able to place a face with the name...or a garden with whomever you might be trading with in the future!

So let's get started!! :O)

I'll start with just a few pictures, to get the ball rolling.

This is my family picture from last Xmas. While everyone has obviously grown & changed alot, the people are still the same...lol.

{{gwi:1263398}}

This is my youngest, Adora...looks like she's giving CPR to the cat. Really, he was OK...I just thought this was too cute. :O)

{{gwi:1304726}}

These are some flowers that are blooming right now.

{{gwi:1304728}}

{{gwi:62154}}

These are our other 2 boys....Preacher is on the left (the donkey) and Pacer is on the right.

{{gwi:1304732}}

And, Finally...this is the view from the pond. It's a bit blurry, but it's gorgeous in the fall...with hills all around, and the leaves changing color. I'll have to post a new, better pic in a few weeks!

Comments (95)

• wynative
    16 years ago

Here we are:

Me & Megin this past summer goofing off at family ranch
    {{gwi:1304779}}

Megin at lake for 13th birthday - Sept. 15th
    {{gwi:1304780}}

Megin and her mustang 'Winter' at ranch - she is doing all the training herself!
    {{gwi:1304781}}

Megin at Volleyball championships last week - 1st Place!
    {{gwi:1304782}}

Butterfly on Daughters Morning Glory's
    {{gwi:1304783}}

My Red & White Dalhia's
    {{gwi:1304784}}

Don't know why they are so tiny - I am new to this and still learning.

Marie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Marie, I love all your pictures! Megin is a real beauty, quite the champ too! What kind of dahlia is that? I really like the color. Went to the County Fair this summer and they had so many different varieties. Some had blooms that were 9" and then there were tiny button size blooms too.

• wynative
    16 years ago

Tracy,

Thanks! I am very proud of my girl :)
    As per the dahlia - I don't know. I bought a mix of 10, off of eBay and only 2 bloomed. A short bushy yellow & red one, then this one that is almost 3 1/2 feet tall!! I really like this one as each blossom is a different blend of red & white.

Marie

• letha1971
    16 years ago

OMG,Bunny I'm sooo glad you started this thread.I love to see what you guys look like.It's nice to be able to put a name with a face.Tracy I loved the Easter bunny!I read that just as my hubby was calling me for dinner.I had to show him.Thank you for the compliment on my daughters dress.She wouldn't even try it on at first.I said just humor me.When she tried it on I got chills.It was so pretty and she LOVED it.Everybody has such great pics & Pixie I have to know. Are those Muds real teeth?

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Letha, That is what I am here for! Grins and Giggles! A little comic relief, always on the menu! LOL! Glad you liked my Easter Bunny, made her hemorhoids flare a bit though. I am so happy you made her give that dress a try. It really is the "ONE". She looks amazing. There isn't anything more beautiful than a bride on her wedding day. She looks perfect.

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well...I, for one, am having a hard time sitting after Tracy's slipper incident. Oh well, I hope she enjoyed her chocolate eggs, though. :O)

Keep the pictures coming, girls!!! Love to see ya'lls pretty faces!!!! And cute puppies! And darling kiddos!! (and the hubbies are great too, but if I said they were handsome, I just might get my bootie kicked!) :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I meant to ask you, were those malted chocolate? Didn't quite taste right! I couldn't really put my finger on it! Your poor bottom. Would you like a donut cushion?

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Secret's out.....

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

They are pretty!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Heya you beautiful Ladies,

Melissa I LOVE this thread too, its on online photo album of Friends.

Yes Letha, those are her real teeth lol

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I am giving this a little bump. There are so many Friends that we haven't seen yet! New and Old! Come on Girls, Show us your pretty selves! Don't care if you hate all of your pictures, if your hair wasn't quite perfect, or the kids were trying to run away during the shot! Post 'em! We want to see your shining faces! You don't have to be someone we have met before, you can be one of those lurker people that come in for a giggle or two. Pop in and say hi!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Come on, Girls! (and Guys!) We wanna see all our friends! Post some pics!! They can be of you, your family, your pets, your garden....heck, even your car, if ya like! (some people's cars ARE like family, ya know! Just ask Matilda, my ford f150..she's my baby...) :O)

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    I have this problem, I take the pictures so I am rarely in them. I found two, one from last year driving the old boat and one from last week with the new boat. There is, of course a nice picture of my butt from that same day I believe when I slipped on the launching ramp but I am not reposting that.
    Old Boat

New Boat

I will try to get better ones.
    Have a great day. diene

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Hello All....

I'm afraid I have the same problem as diene.....I'm the cameraman.

Searching back through my pictures I found one of me at an African Violet club meeting a few years back. We were having a going away party for one of our members and someone snapped me.

{{gwi:1304789}}

This is my husband Jack and me on a camping/fishing trip a couple of years ago. Just got back from catching a boatload of whoopers..... I must be really brave posting a picture of me with no makeup. LOL

{{gwi:1304790}}

And of course......the most important members of the household.
    Starr................Brie................and Maxx

{{gwi:1304791}}

Some of you may remember my little puppy 'Brie'.....she is 7 months old now......she sure doesn't sit like a lady does she. LOL

Ok....Ok....
    So my husband is going through his second childhood and bought a Harley. Tried riding by himself for a few years and then bought me one so I could keep him company.....Here I am at 57 learning to ride my harley.....Hilarious!!! You had to have been there. LOL

{{gwi:1304792}}

I still have never gone out on the highway....stick to the backroads so far.

I'll try to find more recent pix......but not sure if I have any.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Rockyridge/Roxanne

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Diene and Rox! Those are great pictures! I have the same problem with the photos, I am always on the other side of the camera.

Diene, you look so happy on the boats! I bet you just can't stop grinning when you are out on the water! You look great! So nice to finally see you!

Rox, That is such a cute picture they snapped at the African Violet Club. You look so happy with your hubby! I am laughing though, my hubby has a dream of getting a Harley one of these days. I keep laughing at him, uh huh, sure dear. Right after we put all these kids through school, then we'll talk! He used to have a bike when we were dating. We loved to go riding. Love the pooches, and yes, tell Brie to pull it together! LoL!

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Today was Avery's birthday.We had a small party at home.He got a Ford F150 and a fire engine with a helicopter.So I just had to post a pic or two.Also included a pic of our smallest member of our family...Maisey!

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Alrighty - just remember: you asked for it! :)

Me, My husband, and our 7 year old out for Mother's Day:

A 6.5 month pregnant me at Biltmore Gardens:
    {{gwi:302564}}

10 Days before I popped:

My youngest son, not even a day old:

Our oldest with his new baby brother:

Proud Papa with the new bundle of joy:

The whole gang, including my father-in-law:

My Gorgeous Don Juan:

4 Days Old:

6 Days Old:

My Froggie Friend:

Just a whole lotta cuteness:

And I have plenty more where those came from! LOL.

~Amanda

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Amanda;
    Welcome and congratulations!! What great pictures, they really tell a story. Your rose is also gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing. diene

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Amanda! He is getting more beautiful every day! Both of your boys have the sweetest faces. Their eyes are always smiling. I love all the pictures! You are a gorgeous lady! You look fantastic in the picture with all of you at the hospital! So tiny already! Lucky Lady. I love the pictures, they just make me gush. Mr. Frog looks very cute too! Your rose is stunning, just beautiful. I am so glad you shared!
    Tracy

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gorgeous family, Amanda!! Beautiful boys, handsome hubby, cute froggie...and okay...I'm totally jealous at how skinny you are after popping out a baby. I mean...girlfriend. Geeze, I wasn't even that tiny BEFORE getting pregnant!! The FIRST time!!! Holy cow. You are wonder woman. :O)
    LOL

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the compliments Diene, Tracey, and Melissa! You guys are giving me a swelled head! LOL! Just be forewarned - now that you've got me started you'll have to endure lots more pics. :)

Just not tonight - I'm tired - baby's asleep - I'm going to bed!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Please send us more pictures, Amanda! I am addicted to those little guys! So handsome! Go ahead and have a swelled head, you deserve it! Fantastic family you have there! Get some rest!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1279353}} and

he'd kick my butt for putting that one on!!! LOL but the others he's not as skinny as he is now. LOL i'll have to get newer pic, we just never take pics, the one of the kids and i are at the west coast somewhere, LOL on our vacation when my brother got married this spring.
    and that's a pic of my hubby getting ready for work at one of his cop jobs! in between the times i get to see him. LOL ya know, when i get to see the "whites of his eyes" LOL :'))

• medontdo
    16 years ago

sorry, thats at the salt mines. and tabor had to write his name in the sand, there are so many nice pics and nice story's!! i can't believe you said malted milk balls!! they are among my favorite!!! LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey Medo! I love the picture of all of you at the salt flats! Awesome! Love the family! Everyone is soooo Happy! So so so pretty, Miss Medontdo!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

There's our Medo!!! Such a happy, smiley bunch!! :O) And I have to say...I've never seen 2 kids look SO much like their parents!! It's like ya'll just cloned some little "mini me's" or something!! LOL
    So CUTE!!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Hello all!
    Thanks for sharing all of these great photos! I have 'met' some of you and it is good to have faces to go with the names. It is amazing how a screen name can influence how the way you think someone would look.

This is me and my nephew on vacation in 2005 (I haven't changed) I usually am the one taking the photos and when someone does get a pic of me I usually find and destroy them. But I like this one.
    {{gwi:1304815}}

• letha1971
    16 years ago

I love the light house pic.I'm usually the one behind the camera too.I don't like very many of myself so I try to avoid the camera.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Frances,

What a gorgeous lady you are! Wow, a triple threat. Ladies, she has beautiful flowers, takes amazing pictures and is beautiful to boot. Very handsome nephew you have there. It is a pleasure to finally meet you Frances!

We spent most of our vacations growing up at the beach with my mom stopping and taking pictures of every lighthouse she could find. Sometimes we would drive way out of our way to go and see one that hadn't been added to her collection yet. There well could be over 200 pictures of lighthouses at my mom's house in some box next to the 400 pictures of sunsets!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Thank you very much.
    I love lighthouses very much, I have painted quite a few over the years. We visited only 4 on this trip. Maybe we will get a chance to see more next year.

This lighthouse is at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia. I traveled about 7000 km that summer. (2000 by air, 5000 by car) and that does not include my trip to Tennessee. My sister, her son and myself drove from Toronto to Nova Scotia and did all of the touristy stuff we had not done since we were children. It was a dream vacation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos from Tennessee

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW! SOO TRUE Tracy Ducky, beautiful women and beautiful flowers too! I love the pic Medo, and imma seconding the cloning thing Bunny mentioned! A happy family thats most definate! Very good pic girlie.

Wonderful backdrop for a really wonderful picture Frances! Its nice to meet you btw! I love this album! It shows just why there are soo many beautiful flowers out there...couldn't be anything but beautiful with the beautiful women planting and growing them!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

thank you pixie,

I have always secretly suspected that gardening is a cure for everything that ails you (even in the bad years) Good exercise (or not if that is your preference) fresh air, sunshine, challenging enough to keep the brain sharp.... maybe it makes you beautiful too!

Now if it would just make the clock run backwards it would be the perfect pastiime.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your wonderful photos. It is nice to meet you and see your families and pets and gardens!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

whew!! its getting cold out!! LOL wow i'm gonna have ta get something going so i can garden inside!! LOL i love all my canna's and datura. it's supposed to get almost freezing tonight! makes me wanna dig everything up and bring it in! cuz it'll be so warm in here!! LOL :')) but your right! gardening is good for everything!! even in the winter! brrrrr!! :'))

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

medontdo

I keep lots of houseplants for my winter gardening fix, and this year I am forcing bulbs indoors too, daffodil, paperwhite I am going to try to coax some butterfly ginger to life too. And before you know it it will be time for seed sowing indoors and then spring will be here!

:)

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Well it has taken me 2 weeks, but as promised here are more pics of the boys, taken night before last. Little David is just over 2 months old. Enjoy! :)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Amanda, your boys just keep getting more beautiful every day. I giggled at the picture of little David nibbling after his big brother's ear! Too cute! They are the happiest guys in town! I can't believe he is 2 months old already. Amazing how time flies so quickly.

My oldest baby is down in Florida with his Dad. They are looking at the college he wants to attend next year. Tonight the Army called my house looking to speak with him. It is calls like those that make me wish he was a teeny baby again.

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Thank you, Tracy. They really are my pride and joy. Time really does fly! It seems just yesterday I was about to pop (had no idea how close to popping I was) and out in the garden planting my daylilies! Of course, it's hard to believe Orion is almost 8! I remember fondly when he was still a small little baby like David. I can't imagine when they are grown - but I know that day will arrive all too soon! All the more reason to enjoy them as much as possible every day. :)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Amanda, you are so welcome. I have to say that you must be a fantastic Mom for those boys to always have a smile touching their lips and that twinkle of happiness in their eyes.

Thought I would show you how my oldest baby looks now. The picture of the kids earlier are from 2 years ago. Here is Ted now. We had a bunch of photos taken for his senior pictures down in the parks near us.
    {{gwi:1304828}}

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Wow Tracy - Ted is quite the handsome young man. I bet you have to beat the girls away with a stick! LOL.

And thank you once again for the compliment. I certainly try my best. I must say, they are both very happy boys.:)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Amanda, thank you! He is a looker but doesn't know it. No serious girlfriend this year! Thank goodness. There have been a few in the past. He brought one girl home for his birthday with the family last year and Grandpa kept asking them when the wedding was. Incorrigible old irish man!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Such beautiful families, everyone! Here is a picture of my kiddos last night when they went trick-or-treating. Dylan in back, then William, Elizabeth and Lily. They had a lot of fun!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Awww! The kids look great Becki! I will have to post some pics tomorrow of our gang. We are exhausted! Went for blocks and blocks trick or treating tonight! Whew! Now we have 10 pounds of candy in our house! Yikes, I'm afraid to go near the bowl! I can feel the pounds waiting to jump onto me!

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I love the Halloween pics Becki! Thanks for sharing.
    Alana

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Cute Halloween pics, Becki! We walked around for over 2 hours last night! David did really great - we had him in his stroller - he slept during the first bit, but was awake during most of it and didn't fuss one bit! Here's the only pic I got of them last night. This was once we were back home, when David finally decided he'd had enough of it! Orion had a blast and got tons of candy. He was Stitch and David was a dalmation puppy. :)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Amanda, the kids look so cute! Love that Stitch! He is one of my kids favorite characters! Here is a picture of most of my gang as we were getting ready to head out last night. Everyone had a great time. My scary zombie skeleton monster in the back is Pat, the sideways Skeleton face is Jack, Dan is the Power Ranger, and of course there is our little Witchie Emma.

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

They're all so cute! I bet you guys had a blast last night! I imagine they keep you quite busy! :)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

What terrific pics of all the kids! I love it and hope more will post. Nothing better than when the kids have on these cute costumes. Its just my opinion but I think if you're going to take your kids trick or treating they should be dressed as 'something' even if its done homemade and makeup. We had a huge turn out last night of both, some not dressed up at all carrying a grocery store bag or a pillow case for you to put their candy in and then complained when you didn't give them enough, lol. But most of them were just dressed so awesome, I begged them to let me take pics, they didn't mind and I've got some great shots. Anyway, here's a some of Julie & McKenzie. Also some of my step-grands.....

Kenzie daytime with MeMa....

Mommy & Kenzie before T or T

MeMa I don't care about your pic, I want to check this out~

The Cat in the Hat

Hope everyone and your kids had a wonderful and safe Halloween!

Sassy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Great Pics Miss Sassy! Woo Hoo! Love them all!

Amanda, the kids had a blast! Yes, they do keep me pretty busy around here! There is never a shortage of things for me to do, just a long list of things for me to ignore! lol!

Love the Halloween Pictures! Keep posting everyone!

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Awww... Kenzie is just adorable! Can I have her??? LOL.

Tracy - I know what you mean about things to ignore. I'm ignoring plenty now! HA!

• redsnowflake
    16 years ago

Well, I told you that once I get started, it's hard to stop me. LOL. Here are a few more pics of the boys.

I couldn't get them to smile at the same time for anything. LOL.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!