6. Melinda will send to Erica - SENT/REC'D

7. Erica will send to Heidi - SENT/REC'D

8. Heidi will send to Margo - SENT/REC'D

9. Margo will send to Shirley - SENT/REC'D

1. Shirley will send to Annie - SENT/REC'D

2. Annie will send to Alana - SENT/REC'D

3. Alana will send to Katie - SENT/REC'D

4. Katie will send to Nicole - SENT/REC'D

Someone on the first thread was talking about how creative we are, and that's so true, I am continually amazed by the ingenuity and care that goes into these swaps. What a great group we are!!

Off to finish the laundry and pray for warm weather, somehow, I think I'll be doing that for quite a while!
Shirley!

Comments (22)

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Yes, I did say that I am amazed at the imagination that all put into these swaps! It's been fun. You did a great job!
    Yes, we are going to be freezing by Saturday here! So many things blooming and will ruin my flowers! I so hate it!
    Hope all have a good evening! Melinda

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

It sounds like we may go down to freezing this weekend as well. It's early for us, but sometime in November we usually get down to freezing temperatures. Rain nearly all day tomorrow, too, so it will be nasty.
    I'm going to post the November FOTESS Swap in just a few minutes. I hope you'll consider participating. It's Thanksgiving month and what's Thanksgiving without family and friends?
    Jeanne

• canyonwind
    9 years ago

Thank You again Shirley! No kidding, this group is creative. Even the simple things in life can be creative...so much fun!

Happy weekend!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Morning All!
    In the event I didn't miss Jeanne and Peggy as receiving, hopefully we will hear from them over the weekend that they got their Challenges! If I did miss you posting, please let me know. Life has been a little hectic lately!

The stinging nettle rash is much better, not sure how long it takes to "disappear!"

And just to let you know, I haven't forgotten the prizes for the game, they will be sent out on Monday!

Off to checkout the FOTESS swap, hope to see you all there!

Shirley!

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Happy Saturday!

I just finished up taking photo of the items that I rec'd from this swap from Peggy (canfan) So will start with first photo wanted ya all to see everything she sent. Im not sure what the opposites were, LOL but maybe she can help me out.

Peggy included ...
    a retirement card
    paper clips
    3 fruit strips (I think these are like fruit rollups)
    1 pina colada sucker
    fiber coasters
    2 packages of seeds...carrot rainbow blend, and daisy (the daisy seeds package appeared that it had gotten wet or damp before so will toss these into my garden now and hope they will sprout come Spring)
    1 Ritter Sport chocolate bar
    and a hot pad

Enjoy your day ladies, busy weekend here for us......gotta run.

Jayeanne

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Peggy's contents

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Pegg's contents

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Peggy's contents

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Peggy's contents

• canfan
    9 years ago

Glad that the po did what they said they'd do :)

opposites - anyway this was how my mind worked on this one:

sweet chocolate/sour pineapple chili sucker
    felt costers/bamboo 'trivit'
    'variegated' veggie carrots seed/daisy flower seeds
    (the flower seeds were sitting near my canning station.. think it was more sticky - wiped off with wet cloth)
    fruit roll ups/vegie roll ups
    paper clips..... just cuz they were ..... variegated

finally the card.... it represents what everyone seems to long for but in reality it is actually opposite of how busy life can be these days.....

Garden was cleaned out today. Now I have 30-40 lbs of red tomato's waiting for me along with 6 or 7 gallons of peppers. Kale and cabbage remains in the ground... suppose to freeze tonight then warm back up to the low 40's for the coming week.

Peggy

• sjc48
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Happy Monday, All!
    Just wanted to let you all know that the prizes went out today, as scheduled! Please post here when you get them.

I have been having computer problems, so I know that some of the emails I've sent lately haven't made it. I think it is doing a slow crash.
    SOOOO......Nikki: if we don't hear from Jeanne today, you can send again.
    Jeanne, please let me know if you received from Nikki.
    Peggy, did you receive?

As soon as this is all taken care of, we can count the Anniversary swap as DONE!!

Have a great night,
    Shirley!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

What fun opposites! Loved seeing your photos.
    Heidi

• canfan
    9 years ago

Yes, Shirley... I received my card. I described the contents near the end of the previous oct swap thread. :)

• sjc48
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting, Peggy! Don't know how I missed it!
    I think Jeanne is having computer problems, so it might be a while before we hear from her, and Nicole emailed me that she was going to re-send Jeanne's card.
    SOOO.. I think we can count this swap OVER!

I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who played this month. I know you all have busy lives and it pleases me that you take time out for our swaps, Thank you!
    Shirley!
    Just got done feeding the neighbor's cats, who hid from me, and what's up with that? They know me. Did I say something last time? Oh well, hope they found the treat and then I hope they shared!

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Thanks for great swap , Shirley! Was fun! Thanks again for hosting! Melinda

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Good Day Everyone!!

Jeanne ~ I mailed out the halloween card, please let me know when you receive it.

Take care,
    Nicole (Bluee19)

• sjc48
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for posting, Nicole, I'm sorry my email failures didn't allow me to communicate with you better. Yahoo is still driving me nuts!
    Shirley!

• bluee19
    9 years ago

Thank YOU SO MUCH SHIRLEY for the prizes. Hoping everyone is having a Fantastic Thursday!!

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Shirley -- I received my prize from you today -- oven mit, pot holder, and Thanksgiving napkins. Thank you very much!

• pinkiris
    9 years ago

Shirley!

Thank you ever so much for the wonderful prizes....

beautiful Thanksgiving card
    sheet of the cutest turkey Thanksgiving stickers =)
    and beautiful Thanksgiving napkins! love these! thank you!

thank you for all the fun this month Shirley!

Hugs!
    Jayeanne

• Melinda Hagen
    9 years ago

Wow, I rec'd the same things! I loved them so much Shirley! Not sure what I won on, but I definitely will be using them for sure! Thanks so much! Melinda

• sandlapper_rose
    9 years ago

Nicole,
    Thank you so much. I now have not 1, but 2 cards and tuck ins from Nicole!
    The first one did not show up until Thurs., the 6th, so I don't know why that took so long. Anyway, I really appreciate it. I have been without phone and Internet service for a week now or I would have posted on Thursday. At the library trying to post what I can online. Time to head home though...
    Jeanne