Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

where's the mnf group?

dan_the_mailman
13 years ago

am I missing something, or has the group fizzled out? I don't see a mnf october swap anywhere.

Comments (9)

• diene
    13 years ago

Hello Dan;
    I have lost touch with the schedule for this group but I thought it was set until the end of the year. Maybe there is no interest, time will tell.
    I also was surprised to see no posting.

• indyjoy
    13 years ago

MNF~~~~~~Diene was kind enough to send me an email pointing out that I was scheduled to host the Oct. exchange. I'm so sorry but I have no memory of signing up to do that. I joined in on one exchange this year and then life got very complicated. I haven't even been on GW for months. I am now asking if someone else will host the exchange for Oct. I am so sorry to let you all down. If no one volunteers by midnight Wednesday Oct. 13th I do what I can to get it going.
    IndyJoy

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Indy, I'd let it go and just call it a break, if it were me. Perhaps if whoever is supposed to host the November swap wanted to start early, that'd be a good thing. The November swap should be posted within the next couple of weeks, and you wouldn't want two swaps in the same group running at the same time. So, chalk it up to experience, acknowledge that Life happens, and let'er go... I wouldn't worry too much about it. Worse things happen, y'know? And, in the meantime, we can all use this thread to converse on.

Peace
    -Dan

• diene
    13 years ago

Perfect solution Dan, no need to do something that won't be fun Joy. I was more concerned because it appeared you asked for help and I was not sure anyone responded. Come visit when you can.
    I did not look to see who had signed up for November, we will wait to see if they surface and if anyone is really missing these swaps.

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I agree, too late for October, which is usually the last non-seed swap I participate in each year. I am really missing the Halloween Swaps; not just the MNF one.
    Maybe next year...
    Alana

• indyjoy
    13 years ago

Thanks for understanding. I sure hope there won't be a big X beside my name for any future participation. Someday soon I hope to return to GW on a regular basis and renew all the great experiences I've had here. Happy Halloween, Happy Gardening.
    IndyJoy

• smitties
    13 years ago

IndyJoy, I totally understand that things happen. A lot has been happening at my house this year. I am sure no one is going to X you out at any time.

Ellie is our host for November and I have been emailing with her since we did our first exchange a few months ago. I happen to know she has been actively working on ideas for the exchange and I will let her know she can post it early if she can.

I have December so need to get started on ideas. I do have one idea I have come up with but need to further examine how I would do it. This will be my first time hosting and I am a little nervous.

Some of you may know that I quit my job last month after working there for six years. Too much stress and drama. I have worked retail all my life and at the age of 53, find there may be some discrimination when it comes to age. I did drop off a resume at a local gift shop last week. I received a call from the owner today and we talked. She is interested in me and I am totally wanting this job. I am going to a further interview with her Wednesday morning so wish me luck. Four days a week, seven hour shifts. More than enough hours and they are only open til 6 and 12-4 on Sunday. If this doesn't work, I do have a part time position to start the end of the month but only seasonal.

Hope everyone is enjoying good weather where you live. We had a record temp of 87 yesterday. I had no clue it was that warm since the humidity was low. Today is in the high 70's but rain is on the way.

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Hi Dan,
    I have chosen to host November with a theme of "Autumn's Favorites". Margo emailed me to let me know that this could be started a little early...just let me know when. This is my first time as being a host, I'm a little nervous, but hoping it will be fun also. I have decided to do seeds since it is too cold here (about 36* at night now) do plant. Thanks Dan!

Ellie

• proudgm_03
    13 years ago

Well, I'll admit I've been AWOL too. I just kinda dropped off GW and Facebook for a few months. Had a busy summer then school started and well then there's just life in general. I got really discouraged with my gardening this year, or rather the lack there of. I seem to have lost interest in the whole thing. It's just too overwhelming. Now I have a jungle instead of a garden. Don't know if I'll ever be able to reclaim it. Oh, well, life goes on.