Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Incredible Edibles: Seed Clean Out Swap

Posted by booberry85 z5NY (becky@leadsafe.us) on
Thu, Oct 2, 08 at 19:51

This swap is in addition, but separate from the November Cannables swap.

This will be for edibles. No partners will be assigned. It is NOT intended to be a one to one swap or a means of building your stash. It is truly meant to clean out your stash of seeds. Please state what seeds you specifically do not want back. I will look at people's trade lists to see what their wants are. If there are seeds to match or come close to your wants you'll get them. If there are seeds that are questionable, I'll post a "Going Once, Going Twice" where someone can speak up if they want them. To keep the time table moving it'll be posted for 3 days. If no one claims them at the end of 3 days, they'll go to Need 4 Seed. The rest will be donated to Need 4 Seed. For example: I have enough mammoth dill and turnips seeds to feed a small army. If someone desires these seeds in our group, there yours! If not, I will gladly donate these to Need 4 Seed. I don't expect anything back in return for them.

Please sign up by October 24th. Please have seeds into me by October 31(Halloween). I will need you to send me a SASBE and enough postage to get your package back to you. The first week in November will start the "Going Once, Going Twice" posts. Seeds to go out the second week in November. Make sure to update your trade lists!"

Happy Gardening!
Becky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Incredible Edibles: Seed Clean Out Swap

Can anyone join? jenny.

o

Sure! You're welcome to join us!

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 2, 08 at 20:38

Sign me up :) I definitely have seeds I dont want....and I have a few things on my want list and hey maybe I will get lucky LOL!!

Are you going to mass e-mail your addy on the 24th??

o
RE: Seed Clean Out Swap

Yes, Donna! I'll email everyone with my address on the 24th.

o
New: Incredible Edibles: Seed Clean Out Swap

Bump! Hopefully we'll get some more interest. I'm drying acorn squash seeds as well as various bean and pepper seeds right now.

o

Becky,
I am in, I have many seeds I am not going to do anything with and I think this is a god idea.
Polly

o

bump...

o

This will be a great way to clean out your stash of seeds and make room for freshly saved seeds. Come on don't be shy! Sign up and feel good that some of your seeds will be going to a good cause!

o

I was hoping we'd have a few more taker on this swap. I still think it's a good idea. However, there are only 4 of us signed up for it so far including me. I will be more than happy to still hold the swap. However, I wanted to ask if you, Jenny, Polly & Donna, still want to go forward with the swap; or should I postpone the swap until January when there are fewer swaps going on and maybe we'll get a few more takers?

o

Hello. Whatever is easiest for everyone, I will go with the flow. Jenny

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 12, 08 at 17:35

I can always wait , no problem there as I would like to see more people get involved with this very charitable swap...or now if it is easier for you, any way we do it is fine with me!!

o

I was hoping to hear from Polly, but she didn't respond to my email. Maybe she forgot about this swap. After spending some time this week thinking about the swap, I am going to postpone it until January.

If you feel a need to clean out your seed box before then, please contact marbles_n_the_garden. She's the one in charge of the Need 4 Seed group. I'm sure she'll happily take your seeds.

Thank you for your interest. I hope this doesn't disappoint anyone. I figured if I do this now, people can still participate in various Round Robins for this month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wanted: To Help Hurricane Victims

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here