Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
legallyheidi

Seed Purge Pt 2

legallyheidi
10 years ago

To answer Belinda, which I have already done by email...three total, including you, sent to my work address. The address is a mail room that sorts for 8 different offices. I notified them, and received the other two envelopes, postage and all. I do not appreciate the insinuation that I am a thief. I have an impeccable swap reputation on DG, Idig, and did not have any issues with this swap last year. I told you that I would refund your postage and money that you included if you give me your Paypal info (if you have it), or mail you cash with a tracking code.

To everyone else, please let me know by the 31st if you're having an issue sending your seeds. If so, I'll wait on you...if I hear nothing I'm going to finish sorting :)

Comments (73)

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No problem :)

Some seeds went to the PO today, and the rest will follow next week. I got a seed counting headache last night, lol! If you're on DG as well and are waiting for wishlist seeds from AmandaESQ, I'm still waiting on them.

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    10 years ago

Yay! Thanks! :):)

• elladee
    10 years ago

I received my seeds today!!!! Thank you so much!

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're welcome! My home computer has clunked out, so I'm trying to fit in a spare few minutes to use my work one.

If I don't respond quickly to anyone, that's why.

• mjzzyzoff
    10 years ago

Got mine today! It was a super exciting day at the mailbox - 3 packages of seeds and one seed + plant, and NO BILLS! :)

Thanks everyone for the awesome stuff!

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That's a good mail day!

I'm off line until tomorrow...WHY do computers have to be so expensive?

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

I received my seeds on Saturday, just now had a chance to post. Thank you so much everyone!
    Im still going through everything - FUN!

• SunshineGal
    10 years ago

Hi, received my seeds! So many great ones, thanks so much!

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Received my seeds yesterday -- Can't wait to spend some time researching all the new varieties. Many Thanks!!!

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Enjoy, gals & guys!

I'm offline again until tomorrow...everyone enjoy the rest of your day :)

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

received an awesome package of seeds!!!!! so many thanks to everyone!

and me too, off to research the ones i dont know yet =)

heidi if i lived closer i might take a look at your computer, i have a knack for that sort of thing. if you want to try to troubleshoot...you could email me? if not...thats fine...just thought i would throw that out there. not sure how far gone it is....and well i m not a professional, but i have worked on many computers and fixed them up for money here and there

. this is how i get old computers for free (like the one i am typing on now)...by getting them broken and fixing them....

anyway thanks again for taking the time to sort all those seeds!

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

Yahoo, my seeds got here today! Thanks so much everybody for all the goodies. I'm going to be a busy girl, LOL.
    And Heidi, a special thanks to you for all the work putting these together for us.
    Dee

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Enjoy!

I think it's just had it. It's old, from 2002, and it just stopped working. I bought a new power cord, and nothing. It worked well to be 11 years old, and I kept it up, Windows-wise.

Time for a new one! Glad holiday sales are going on.

Until tomorrow...

• jstarke007
    10 years ago

Hi Heidi,

I am just checking if my seeds were mailed.

Thank you,
    Jeremy Starke

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yup, messaged you as I'm about to leave for the day :)

Everyone's were stamped & dropped in the firm's mail center...from there they go to USPS. It's cheaper for me if postage is due, and it's easier. I'll check tomorrow to see if something was left behind. I got a deduction from my check yesterday from postage from the packages...so I know they're getting there ;)

Until tomorrow...

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Hi Heidi -- I noticed that I was slightly short on the return postage and have sent you an email.

Thanks -- Jessica

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jessica...that's totally up to you. Your call.

Everyone's seeds have been mailed UNLESS you are on Dave's Garden...someone thought they mailed request seeds for everyone, but did not. She's supposed to mail the out this weekend. I believe I messaged all of those on Dave's Garden.

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Leila, I'll print your suggestions and try them when I get home. Thanks! I hate being computerless at home.

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Won't feel right about it if I didn't. Mailing today -- Thanks again for hosting.

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aw, thanks.

Leila, thanks so much for the suggestions, but the computer still didn't fire up :/ I'm glad sales are next week :)

Enjoy your weekend, all! I'm logging off until Monday.

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

Apparently my seeds were in yesterdays mail.
    Got them out this morning.

I am pretty happy with those I got from my list of wants WOOT....thank you to those who specifically did that!

Big disappointment, I didn't get any of the Indigo Rose Tomato seeds as requested :( BUT I did get a few AWESOME OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting them in MY ENVY HEIDI seeds,(one was a corn I was looking for and a melon I was looking for!!!! HURRAY!!!!!)
    I did get some doubles and a couple of packs back I sent in LOL. That's alright, I have a Round Robin seed box coming in a few days so those can go in there.

Over all I am happy....thank you. I know a lot of work goes in these and it isn't always easy to put an envy together.
    It all is appreciated and I had fun doing it. Thanks again, now I have to go research some I have no clue what they are ;).
    :) Aqua

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm on my phone & can't read your whole post (I don't think...it looks like it cuts off), but if you got seeds that you sent in, they were mixed in with the bonus seeds. 3 or 4 people sent in 100, and wanted less back, as they were very particular with their lists and wanted nothing extra. Kinda of hard when there are 62 swappers, lol! All extra seeds were put into a box, mixed around, and counted out. I'll look back about the blue 'mater seeds when I get home...I was sure I stuck a packet in your baggie...I kept a list of what I sent people.

And enjoy the corn! I'm glad it found a good home, as it's usually on many "do not want" lists.

• l1oness
    10 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday - thank you so much! And although I didn't send in those specific stamps (hopefully you got the ones I sent) - the flower stamps were pretty!

I am looking forward to trying some of the new stuff this year - some things that I hadn't thought of.

Thank you for hosting!

Mandy

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You're welcome :)

A few people didn't include postage, so I just went down the line by stamp-type. Matching flags to flags, flowers to flowers, etc. My mail lady gives me a weird look when I mix stamps.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Heidi,...sadly, I haven't received my seeds yet,, and it's been a while. I can only imagine I either woefully sent inadequate postage and/or the package is somehow, somewhere, locked into an USPS black hole event horizon spiral. Sure glad others of us, here, are joyously receiving their happy seed packages. :) What can I say,... it's just the way things have been going `round here this month. :/ Hit me with Shingles, slap my face,... "Wheeeeeee...!" One dang stupid stop-me-from-accomplishing-any-real thing at all situation after another...particularly if it involves pain. "Who th' friggin' heck did I tick-off in a past life, I wonder, eh??!! :)

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

NP Heidi, I am sure I will get some of the mater seeds eventually....hopefully before next planting season.
    I was THRILLED with that particular corn and I know these aren't always easy to do, TRUST me I know....
    It was worth it to me to get the seeds in there I REALLY wanted (aside from the maters, I will check again but pretty sure they weren't in there) I can't wait to be able to grow out the corn so I can have a good supply.....
    Thanks again I am happy.
    I also noticed you had to add postage on mine as well.
    If you have a paypal I can gift it to you let me know if you do, if so and I gift it you nor I will be charged a fee.

:) Aqua

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cryptid, I messaged you!

Aquadragonfly, I messaged you, too.

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

Oh cryptid, I am so sorry you are having a horrible time at this time of year.
    I am sure your seeds will arrive soon, sometimes it just takes a while. I hope they are not in the postal gridlock system though.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING...and good cheer and all....I'd say it'll get better from here on in but if it is as bad as you say I will not even attempt to tempt fate in your area lol.

Heidi, you should have confirmation by now :)

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

"Leila, thanks so much for the suggestions, but the computer still didn't fire up :/ I'm glad sales are next week :) "

aw too bad.
    i started you off with some easy quick fix type stuff.
    theres other things for sure, if you still want to fix it. its a puzzle, when things go wrong with computers...i get all into it until i figure it out, its much harder if i dont actually see it and just work it out, but i would still try to troubleshoot the problem if you want.

the next easy fix things to try might be to reseat both the hard drive and the memory, by taking them both out and then placing them both in again. this is easier than it might sound, most computers make it so that you can get at the hard drive and memory sticks by unscrewing some of the panels on the back.
    though all of this stuff only addresses really easy problems....it would help to know what happened right before it stopped working. was it acting weird? or did it just not turn on one day? does it flash lights?

if you are interested in continuing to try email me. it cant hurt to try if youve already given up...but you might be reluctant to go much further...cause if its not an easy fix type problem...then you get into replacing parts, possibly soldering and stuff like that. BUT a LOT of problems that people have are some weird simple thing...they think the computer is toast when it wouldve been easy to deal with, if only you can figure out exactly what the problems are....

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'd love to fix it...it would be much cheaper than buying one over the weekend :)

I'll print it out & take it home with me.

Nope, not acting weird, not noisy. The little orange light does flash at times, but not anymore than normal. It seemed to flash when the CPU usage was high.

Unscrewing & screwing back sounds a lot easier on my pocketbook :)

Thanks, Leila!

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

hmmm so you are still getting a little orange light?
    like when you push the power button does a light come on? do a few lights come on?

sometimes those lights are a kind of code...if they flash or come on when failing to boot it can tell you the problem if you look them up. like if a few of them come on for a bit, but it fails to boot...it can be an error message telling you why it wont boot.

reseating the hard drive and reseating the memory sticks is a good easy try.....and it does actually work sometimes, being that they werent quite connected or got loose somehow.

does it make any noise at all? like when you turn it on, or try to anyway, when you push the power button is there any sound of anything coming on...or totally quiet?

that it wasnt acting strange and just suddenly wouldnt turn on could be a good sign. indicates it might be fixable, most bad problems build up...so it could be one of those simple things....

i suppose we should move to email...although i guess this thread is nearly finished....

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Totally quite when booted up. The light on the back of the tower stays green...the little oblong light on the front under the power button flashes when games or videos are played for a while.

When I tried to play around with it a few nights back, there was no sound when I pushed the power button. I even tried a new power cord, thinking that was it.

My email is missreadsalot87@yahoo.com. I can check it on my phone a lot easier than accessing this page.

Thanks!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

Still waiting to receive my seed package.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm still waiting on your reserved seeds. I messaged you.

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If anyone was brave enough to go shopping today I hope you came out safe...a local lady was beamed by a flying tv :/ Some dude apparently decided it was a good idea to start tossing tvs at Walmart. Yeah...bad idea.

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hello
    did my seeds go out yet??
    Just wondering if I should assume they got lost or not.
    michelle

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm still waiting on reserved seeds for you. I've messaged you :)

I'm about tired of waiting, TBH. I'm ready to clear out the remaining packages!

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Heidi, thanks for messaging me as well! Apologies for not responding directly, as I should have, but having shingles can be kind of distracting. The way my situation currently stands, I'm scarcely on the computer at all these days, except at night for a while,...although, yesterday, I was online waaaayyyy longer than I should have been and definitely paid for it this morning and early afternoon. I refused to take any pain killers though, as they can cause nearly as much discomfort as they do relief,...and worse. - Anyway, the way I see it, the seeds get here whenever they get here. Thanks again for hosting this! :)

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh! I hope you feel better soon! Shingles suck. Try and stay happy and stress free...when my brother had it a few years ago, his doctor told him that...along with taking his meds. I cannot take pain meds...my gut doesn't like them.

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Received tons of seeds yesterday. Thanks a lot and appreciate you hard works, sorting, mailing and other headaches :D

DId I sent you 3 postages? if so I need to send you 1 more and delivery confirmation charge. Let me know.

Thanks again. Can't wait Spring to sow those seeds.

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Rec'd my seeds yesterday....a bulging envelope full of lots of neat veggies and flowers! Thank you to everyone who filled request packs for me, and thank you to Heidi for all of her work and time spent on this project.

• michelelee
    10 years ago

I got the seeds. I had forgotten about the swap so what a great surprise!!!! Thank you for hosting. Am so excited for spring!
    Michele :-)

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hello
    I got my seeds back
    thanks so much
    michelle

• cryptid
    10 years ago

"Posted by legallyheidi 7B (missreadsalot87@yahoo.com) on Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 23:32
    Oh! I hope you feel better soon! Shingles suck. Try and stay happy and stress free...when my brother had it a few years ago, his doctor told him that...along with taking his meds. I cannot take pain meds...my gut doesn't like them."

Thanks, Heidi,...still working on it. Nearly every morning , generally quite early, I really want a double hit of 200mg Ibuprofen to counteract the soreness and pain I'm experiencing, but I continue to resist and haven't taken pain meds in well over a week. Basically, at this point, I'm working to adjust to this new level of discomfort while maintaining as much overall functionality as I can. Good news is, I'm getting a lot better at it and accomplishing more. Can't expect everyone to remain understanding forever. Pain meds don't really agree with me all that well either, particularly the narcotic variety it seems (although, years ago, when I had pancreatitis, I learned to nearly love Demerol). Super-uber majorly sux that you can't take oral pain meds at all. :( I mean, like, holy criminey... Anyway, at least I'm not looking so much like a zombie-ogre fresh from the battlefield anymore, although I still wear my hoodie's hood up covering the adversely affected left side of my face. More for the benefit of others than myself, particularly in keeping with the season. It's going on 1 1/2 months now. Yippeee skip. :/

BTW, I've likewise been made aware of the role of stress regarding Shingles. Alas, with my wife being a recovering cancer patient, our 29-yr-old son being an unreasonable autistic and my wife's 89-yr-old mother and older sister often at odds, a stress-free environment in our universe is, well,...you get the idea. (-sigh-) We just do the best we can, like so many others. :)

• cryptid
    10 years ago

I am such an IDIOT!!! I totally cannot believe I actually failed to post here that I received my HUGE, wonderfully jam-packed package of seeds,...many daze ago. Oooohhhh,...yeaaaahh,...things have been kinda stretched-n-stressed around here, but not every day all the time, so no excuses. You all have been so very, very generous and I am extremely grateful-n-happy. :) - Heidi, I can't possibly apologize enough. Elsewise,...thank you sooooooo much for hosting! Hope you all had a fantabulous Christmas and wishing you a 2014 of unequalled health, happiness and gardening bliss! - For all of you who donated seeds with your GardenWeb usernames on the packets, I'll be leaving each of you positive "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum posts,...especially for you, Heidi. As for myself, I fully intend posting an accurate, apologetic report of my screw-up, here, to my own R&R thread, as is only fair.

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No, no need! It's totally okay. I figured you were busy with holidays, or still ill...no worries :) Enjoy, and have a happy 2014! I have the flu, so hopefully the rest of my year will be better.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

Received my fat package of seeds. Thanks Heidi for the nice selection.

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    10 years ago

Heidi, I hope you feel better!

• legallyheidi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aw, thanks! I'm still sick! It's not fun, lol! I can work from home (at least some of it), so it isn't too terrible. This weird cold then warm weather isn't helping anyone here.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Heidi, so sorry to hear you're aflicted with a Flu virus! <: nasty stuff>that. Been there all too many times myself. Praying for your improved health! Wishing you the best meds/and-or herbals! Wish I could recommend something instantly effective. Suggestion: Contact Alana (Poisondartfrog).

I would comment more, but today hasn't been a particularly good day. In fact,...it totally sucked-scissors. - Later, y'all.