Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

new: fotess 1st anniversary swap!

sjc48
11 years ago

I can't believe it's been a year since Jeanne and I decided to start this group! We've had lots of great swaps and hopefully, everyone has had fun with it. I know I have! Well, I thought we should celebrate with a 1st Anniversary Party for our October swap!

Friends of the Earth-Simple Swaps keys in on recycling/upcycling, trading seeds and reading. And we try to keep it simple. If you would like to join the group, please contact me (this month) or Jeanne and I any other time, to find out how to join. We love to welcome new members!

To celebrate our first anniversary, we will be sending:

1. The FIRST (and only) pack of seeds; that's right, just one pack of seeds; it will be the FIRST pack sent for the new FOTESS year. I know this will be hard for all our generous traders, but TRY, folks, TRY!

2. Anniversaries call for gifts, so we'll be sending a recycled/upcycled anniversary gift using one, any or all of the following ingredients:

Paper (traditional gift for 1st anniversaries);

Clocks (modern gift for 1st anniversaries);

Something gold or yellow (first year colors);

Orange Blossoms or Pansies (first year flowers); and,

Pearls or Peridot (what is that?)(first year gemstones).

The gift is open to your creative interpretation; I think it would be fun to see how many of these things you can use! So far, I've used everything but the orange blossoms, the pearls and the peridot, whatever that is! But it looks rather strange, so I may have to re-think it!

Remember, we try to keep it simple, yeah, I know, but we really do!

How you mail is at your discretion, but you must use a DC#. Please post here when you ship and when you receive.

Sign ups will be open until Oct.8, and you will have until Oct. 31st to mail out.

And yes, we play some "FIRST" games too!

And I'm sorry I didn't use our logo; I can't find it on my computer!

All members of FOTESS are invited to the Party; wonder who will be the first to arrive!? Come on out and join us!

Shirley!

Comments (150)

• booberry85
    11 years ago

I received my swap package today from Katie. It was wonderful! She handmade a creamy yellow soap just for me! She also sent me peridots in the rough. Beautiful! For the seeds,she sent me elderberry seeds which were on my wishlist. She also sent me daylilies! I'm a daylily nut! Lastly a little spider which is sitting down beside me right now & a hand written note.

Thanks so much for the perfect swap package!

Becky

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Becky that sounds like a great gift!

Don't forget game#2! Super easy, just email me your wedding anniversary month and year, or your B-day month and year. I've already got Annie, Heidi, and Margo.
    The swap is moving along quite nicely, really creative gifts being sent out! And here is a swap update:
    Heidi sent
    Ellie
    Shirley sent
    Alana sent and rec'd
    Vina sent and rec'd
    Jaynine sent and rec'd
    Margo sent (complete with creepy, scratchy things!)
    Annie rec'd
    Katie sent
    Becky sent and rec'd
    Michelle
    Diane
    Lisa
    Please let me know if I've skipped someone!
    Have a great day tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

I'm in Paradise (Paradise, PA) and the hotel has computers so that is great and I thought I would say hello. The weather was great for DC. Some rain today, but not enough to make it difficult. We went on a horse and buggy ride through the Amish country. What fun!
    I may not get to post again until after I get home. The wishing ball is beautiful! I didn't get to read all the posts, but I did spot the picture!
    Jeanne

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Nice anniversary packages being sent and received!
    Here's the link with instructions for the 'wishing ball' (Kusudama is actually 'medicine ball'). I think it can get confusing, but there are many other sites/videos out there from which to learn. I watched a few of them, believe me. There's some incredible origami out there...good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: origami kusudama instruction

• kchd
    11 years ago

I received my awesome 1st anniversary gift from Becky today! It seemed like a never-ending box o' goodies!! Wow, was it packed. She sent me a all-too-fitting Halloween card poking fun of zombies (aka people without their daily coffee fix!) - - that's us! She also included a very nice note about where she lives. A very fitting box of chocolate pansy candies, to celebrate the 1st anniversary flower, a jar of homemade grape jam, a jar of apple pie jam (YUMMMM - can't wait to try this!), a framed picture of a sailboat on her local Lake Skaneatales, 2 scented cinnamon orange candles, 5 leaf hanging ornaments, and seed packets of Gaillardia Monarch strain, White Snow Agastache, White Star Zinnia, Senorita Zinnia, and Golden King Nasturtium - - all of which are flowers I am just thrilled to have and can't wait to plant next spring! Not only did Becky's box have an anniversary theme, but it was also very autumn themed, which is my favorite time of year! Becky, thank you so much for your generous gift! And I am so glad you enjoyed yours as well. You were a great partner!

Katie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Jeanne, great to hear from you; I LOVE DC, really miss going there. Glad your trip is going well.

Katie, what a great anniversary gift; where did Becky find the chocolate pansies?

And Jaynine, THANK YOU!! Those instructions are really clear and I'm going to sign off now and go experiment!

Well, first, we have Annie, Heidi, Margo and Becky playing in the 2nd game. Everyone else has until Saturday to sign up. Join in, Folks, this is super easy!

Okay, off to experiment!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Whoo Hooo! Check it out! This is not as hard as it looks, while being just as hard as it looks, if that makes any sense. Needs some tweaking, but I really enjoyed this! Thanks Jaynine!

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

hi everyone
    I hope my partner is not disapointed with her gift, the instructions said small gift and ONLY 1 pack of seeds, but it seems like most are sending much more. sorry and I hope you do like your gift.
    michelle

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Michelle, not to worry; that's what I sent and what the swap called for! Did you get a DC#?

I JUST KNEW some of us would have trouble with sending just one pack of seeds!

I tried making an origimi leaf and some other flowers last night. I have some old, ugly Christmas giftwrap that I am going to use for a bouquet of these. Well, just as soon as I can dig it out of the attic!

Have a great day All!
    Shirley!

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

Michelle-ditto. I hope Ellie isn't disappointed. It was SO HARD to limit the box to 1 packet of seeds for us seed-a-holics, but I did it! (group hug)
    Thanks for the origami link. Looks like so much fun!
    Weather is so crazy. A week ago it was 60 mph winds. Sat. it was in the 80s, clear and beautiful. Mon/Tues cloudy/foggy. They are talking snow on Friday (but if you want to be able to lie and not get fired...be a weatherman). ha
    Heidi

• smitties
    11 years ago

So don't know what this columbine is thinking. It was a new one I planted back in July and it is blooming again. Found it this evening along with a smaller white one. Love it.

I wouldn't even begin to try making those beautiful flowers. I would get too frustrated but do love looking at the ones posted here.

Margo

• booberry85
    11 years ago

Katie,I'm glad your package got there safe and sound. I'm also glad you liked the package.

The chocolate pansy candies were chocolate candy wrapped in foil with pictures of pansies on them. I got them at a local store called The Vermont Shop. They sell coffee and lots of candy treats.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Beautiful Columbines, Margo!

And Alana, Well Done! Your gift arrived today and your interpretation was just great!

Let's see:
    Paper - Large hardback book from her own library about Container planting - perfect for me; I do a lot with containers.
    She also recycled the bubbly I sent mine in, as wrapping for the book;
    The Color Yellow - Colossal Daffodil bulbs, 5, really good because all my big daffs have disappeared;
    Pansies - in the book, along with lots of orange, gold and yellow flowers;
    Peridot - 3 Lucky Bamboo shoots - I googled these and yes, they are the right color, if not the gem!
    Pearls - Lathyrus latifolius-White Pearl - Perfect! Now I'm really glad I ripped some of my purple ones out! Lots of room for these!
    Clock? This was really clever: Clock Jokes!
    Here's my favorite: Why did Mary put a clock under her desk? Because she wanted to work over time! Or how about this: If twenty dogs are chasing one cat, what time is it? Twenty to one! They all made me chuckle!
    Alana, thank you, thank you and thank you! This was a great anniversary gift! You done good, Girl!

It was 81 here today, supposed to be the same tomorrow. Really enjoying this!
    Shirley!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Whew! Glad that's over, lol.

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Good Morning FOTESSERS,

What incredible anniversary gifts are being sent. Talk about creativity!!!

I am out of town for a few days. Margo, I think I am ready to send your way. Well, I better be. I will pack her up on Sunday and send on Monday.

Shirley, this has been so much fun. Lots of experimenting (and failure) in my house over the last couple of weeks!!!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

*HUGS* Michelle not to worry!!...I haven't received it yet but I'm sure I will love it :) ...I get more wrapped up in the excitement of sharing than in the cost of the gift anyways and I'm sure I'll love it just fine!

Shirley I do need Lisa's mailing addy...I've sent email to her but if she's returned the email I don't see it in my mail or in my spam even so not sure what's going on there...

Hope all are having a wonderful fall season so far...mine has been extremely busy but going well...it's stressful but it's good stress i guess lol

11 years ago

81 degrees?! We woke up to snow here. It's now gone--melted away. The good news it was a wet snow and while there wasn't much of it, we'll take every drop of water we can get. I heard it melting and gurgling down the gutters. You forget some of those great sounds until you haven't heard them in awhile.

Heidi

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I got Michelle's anniversary package today...it just came in the mail! ... and Michelle you really did worry for nothing as I love it :)

Michelle sent a trinket box with the top of it decorated with paper that has butterfly, bird, and flowers on it and some nasturtium jewel mixed colored seeds that i love...the box is in a green box so that covers the peridot lol...

Also there is a scarf in there that I can't wait for it to get cool enough for me to wear...my oldest daughter fell in love with it too so if I can't find it one day I know it will be around her neck or in her drawer lol ...didn't know if the scarf was for the anniversary or the witch swap as both were sent in same box...however Michelle did a very creative and wonderful job and I love the scarf no matter which swap it is supposed to be for lol

:) and as a side note I just gotta put this altho it may be a bit weird to mention lol...my youngest daughter came home 1 day and told me her friends love our "house smell" as you know someone's clothes can take on the smell of your house or so forth...I never realized I had a "house smell" even tho I'm really glad they liked it instead of didn't like it lol...but I love Michelle's "house smell"...the scarf has a nice smell to it and I can just imagine it's what Michelle's house would smell like if i were to walk into it...so Michelle, whatever the "house smell" is please let me know so I can run out and get some candles, dryer sheets, laundry detergent or whatever it is that you use hahaha...such a weird request I know!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dianne, I just got a great package from Michelle too, in the MNF swap. She did GREAT!

Also wanted to let ya all know I'm going to be MIA for a few days. I'm nabbing some overtime at work tomorrow and I have an all day photo excursion planned for Saturday. So I will be back on Sunday with a swap roundup and any other news there is. We should be coming to the end of this swap pretty soon. And we stll have until the 31st to send out.
    Have a great weekend, everybody!
    Shirley!

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

A box arrived today from Heidi and I couldn't figure out why and until I opened it up and the card said "happy FOTESS anniversary". I thought OMG I forgot all about that I had signed up...even had to look to make sure. When I get back tonight from cleaning the office building I will start to work on this. I might be having to do the clean up and the dishes also.

The box contained a beautiful chrochet scarf, garden banner, card and packet of bee balm seeds. Gosh I am so embarrassed about this. Someone needs to knock on my door to remind me since I haven't been in the round robbin for awhile. Still trying to get canning done etc. Please don't tie me to a bush and leave me there. I shall try to get mailed out by tomorrow.

Ellie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ellie, don't panic, you have until the 31st to mail out!
    Shirley!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    11 years ago

Hi...I'm just checking in and saw that Moonfire needed my mailing address. Sorry...the email must have been spammed out! Anyway, I just emailed it to her - so I hope she receives it OK!

I am sending Micyrey's package tomorrow! : )

Lisa

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

I sent Heidi's package out today. The DC # is 03121430000296274105. I think the post office said monday or tuesday it should be there. So glad this is Friday! I have way more than I can handle right now. Tomorrow is another day and hoping the weather will get better. The weatherman has been saying it's going to get in the 50's but "Baby it's cold outside and I am just as cold inside". I think it's almost time to get out the long john's. Have a great weekend!

Ellie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone, back from a BUSY weekend!

Ellie, we wouldn't tie you to a bush and leave you there - no, really, we wouldn't!

Here's an update on the swap:
    Heidi sent
    Ellie sent and rec'd
    Shirley sent and rec'd
    Alana sent and rec'd
    Vina sent and rec'd
    Jaynine sent and rec'd
    Margo sent
    Annie rec'd
    Katie sent and rec'd
    Becky sent and rec'd
    Michelle sent to Diane, who rec'd
    Diane is mailing to Lisa, now that she has the address!
    And Lisa sent to Michelle.
    Why do I have the feeling I'm missing someone?

The Games?
    Heidi won the FIRST game, the prize will be in the mail soon, I promise!
    We had 4 people join in on the 2nd game and of those 4, Margo is the FIRST born and wins that prize; she was the FIRST to marry of the 4, so she wins that prize too! And like Heidi's prize, yours will be in the mail soon, Margo!

I spent all day yesterday, taking pictures at the Phyllis Haehnle Sanctuary and the Waterloo State Recreation area, which is located about an hour from me, up near Chelsea, MI. That area is a staging point for Sandhill Cranes, on their way south. I think that means that they gather in flocks, feed and rest up for the rest of their migration. I saw 100s of these beautiful birds. They were WAY out in the fields, hard to get good shots. I was at one of the roosts at dawn and they were flying out to the fields, right over my head! Awesome, incredible sight! I spent the rest of the day driving around to different fields trying to get good shots - here's one of them!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Wow Shirley, I lived in Michigan for years and my family is still there, (my mom and I are bird lovers) and I never knew about this park and the cranes. Great shot too. Neat experience.

Wow, I won both. How cool. Thanks.

Cold and very windy here but it doesn't bother me knowing that the folks in the east are about to get hit with far worse. I have a friend who lives in New Jersey and she left her place this afternoon to a safer place.

Hope we don't have any members in the line of danger. Will be praying for all of those who will be in the storm.

Margo

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

I am home now...I have a package for Margo ready to go...I have the World Series going....pulling for the Giants ...but I wish good luck to the Tiger fans!!

Congratulations to the Winners, Heidi and Margo!

To all those who might be in the way of the storm and her furor...be safe!

Margo, I will post your DC# tomorrow evening. I think I am the last to send out.

Shirley, what a fantastic Saturday....nature and the creatures of the earth, so beautiful!

Bottom of the ninth...Tigers and Giants all tied up at three.....gotta run!

Happy Monday!!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Margo, I just found out about it a week ago; a co-worker and her husband camp out there every fall. The Cranes should be there till the middle of November.

Annie, my daughter is cheering for the Giants too. And, naturally, everyone at work is cheering for the Tigers! I am always amazed whenever any of the Detroit teams make it this far!

Have a great week!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Congratulations to the Giants fans. Our Tigers let us down :( . Not sure what happened.

Thanks Annie, I will let everyone know when I get it.

Things are looking pretty frightening out east. I am praying hard that it settles down and if not, that all these preparations and warnings help save lives.

Happy Monday all. Margo

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    11 years ago

Hello...trying to stay warm and dry on this rainy Monday!
    I mailed Michelle's "anniversary" package on Saturday as promised. :)

DC #0310 2640 0000 0348 1288

Lisa

11 years ago

Thank you Ellie!
    I received a beautiful wallhanging, a paper notepad to make my lists on (how did you know?), a rooster card and 3 kinds of seeds--2 kinds of poppies and Gaillardia Tokajer!!!! I wanted this one! I love Gaillardia!!!!
    Thank you so much! Happy Anniversary!

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Margo, your gift is on the way. I would think it should arrive Wed or Thurs.

DC # 0312 1430 0000 8254 0230

Heidi, very nice gift from Ellie! I have very few regrets in life BUT....I wish I had learned to sew when I was younger. Maybe in my next life...LOL!

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good Morning!
    Well, this is becoming a habit: I ate dinner last night and laid down for "just a few minutes" and woke up at 5 this morning! Getting a little silly.

Just had an email from Jeanne; she had some trouble with her flights but is home, a day early!, and safe and sound. I know she'll be posting the November swap when she is all re-couped!

I'll be back later with a swap update, until then, everyone stay safe, warm and dry! Prayers for anyone of us who live on the east coast.

Shirley!

• kchd
    11 years ago

Shirley, that is such a great photo of the sandhill cranes. Aren't they amazing?! Did you get to hear them calling as the large flocks were flying overhead? I just love that!

Congrats, Margo & Heidi on winning the games this month! Whoohoo!

Hope everyone who is affected by Hurricane Sandy continues to stay safe and as comfortable as possible. This is one of the coldest hurricanes I can remember. But the good news about Frankenstorm is that it caused the cancellation of my husband's work trip to Washington DC yesterday. So now that means we get to spend today together, our 2nd wedding anniversary - YAY!!!

Katie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I thought I'd post a little early today, just in case I fall asleep right after dinner, AGAIN!

Here's the swap update:
    Heidi sent and rec'd
    Ellie sent and rec'd
    Shirley sent and rec'd
    Alana sent and rec'd
    Vina sent and rec'd
    Jaynine sent and rec'd
    Margo sent
    Annie sent and rec'd
    Katie sent and rec'd
    Becky sent and rec'd
    Michelle sent to Diane, who rec'd
    Diane is mailing to Lisa,
    And Lisa sent to Michelle.
    PLEASE let me know if I missed anyone! Diane, did I miss your post?

Katie, I heard them all day long! But it was especially incredible when they were flying out of the roost!
    I want to try to get there a little earlier in the month next year, and I'm wondering about spring.
    They have sometimes had Whooping Cranes come in at this sanctuary, or I guess just one of them. I would love to get a picture of one of them!
    It was a very special, incredible day!

Okay, now I can eat dinner and fall asleep immediately afterward.
    Hope everyone on the East Coast is safe, what a terrible storm!
    Shirley!

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Sorry I'm rushing on the deadline...I just mailed out Lisa's box today and the confirmation # is 0311 3260 0000 7254 9432...enjoy and again I'm sorry I'm just making the deadline!

• smitties
    11 years ago

I was feeling a bit under the weather so today was a great day to receive my box from Annie. It contained a great celebration for our Fostess anniversary.

Annie had festively decorated the flaps of the box and included a card wishing me a Happy Anniversary. Attached to the card was Chantilly snapdragon. A deep orange so excited to see these growing in my garden next year.
    Each item was packaged in an appropriate color for our anniversary.

One package included peanut butter cups and another included a package of cookies and cream Hershey bars. I have been having a hard time staying away from eating more and more. I love chocolate.
    Since Annie was in charge of cocktails for our party, she hand crafted a glass by painting a flower motif on it. The stem of the glass in green and then a flower is painted along the glass as though I am actually drinking from a flower. Lovely. It was wrapped in a napkins with clocks on it as well as a drink recipe. Very creative.
    She included a stainless steel cultivator for my garden chores.
    A microfiber cloth, (yellow)
    A fabulous ornament that is a garden tote with garden tools on it. I will remember this swap each time I place it on the tree. Great idea Annie, love it.
    Lastly, Annie sent me a hand crafted necklace. This is made from shredded paper and made into beads then painted. Other beads are made from flour, water, and salt with a bit of paper in as well. Very creative and I love it. Painted in hues of green and blues and a light spraying of gold over that. So lovely. The beads are larger but so light. This is her first and I do say she did a great job.

Annie, please email me with exact directions for me or if you know of a website with directions, please send it to me. I would love to try making these.

Annie sent a fantastic box and I am headed to my room to get another candy bar. Helps my headache. Thanks so much Annie.

Margo

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Everyone! I've been without electricity since about 10:30; a telephone pole fell over, literally, fell over out in front of our office! Sparks, smoke and all kinds of excitement and then the power went off. I only live 2 blocks from work, so it got me too! Just came back on about a half hour ago. Got a little chilly in here!

Okay, first of all, Ellie! That wall hanging you sent Heidi is beautiful! Did you make it? Really pretty!

And, Annie, what creative interpretations of the theme! Margo, could you post a pic of the glass?

It looks like we'll be wrapping this swap up right on time! Just need to hear from Michelle and Diane, I think, as soon as they receive.

Oh, Happy Halloween, or All Souls Day, or is it All Saints? Could never keep them straight.

Jeanne has posted the November FOTESS swap and it sounds like a great one, as usual! Hope to see lots of our members joining in over there!

Have a great day tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

:) Hi Shirley...I've received and posted above lol ...and I sent today and posted confirmation # ...

Gosh I feel so bad being the last 1 to send out!!!! ...I promise I wasn't slacking...I just got busier than usual this last month...hoping it will slow down for November :)

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Morning All!
    Diane, you weren't late and someone has to be the last to send out! And I'm sorry I missed your post; so we are just waiting for Michelle and Lisa to receive. I think.

Have a good day, All!
    Shirley!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Shirley, wow, a telephone pole!!! That would cause some excitement. I hope they check the rest of them to see if the storm weakened more.

I was hoping to put a picture of not only the glass but the necklace as well. Explaining it does not do it justice. I will try to accomplish this later.

Margo

• smitties
    11 years ago

Shirley, wow, a telephone pole!!! That would cause some excitement. I hope they check the rest of them to see if the storm weakened more.

I was hoping to put a picture of not only the glass but the necklace as well. Explaining it does not do it justice. I will try to accomplish this later.

Margo

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

hello
    I got a very nice package yesterday...but lisa didnt stick to the rules...she sent toooo much.

mint melts(love these)
    sented tarts cinder web and country store
    beaded necklas
    watch for beading
    perido ring
    garden theme note pad holder
    michelle's key key cover
    birdhouse walpaper cut outs
    and seeds lots of seeds
    morning glories pearly gates grandpa ott flying saucers
    viola hellen mount
    sunflowers evening sun lemon queen mammoth russian
    mixed 4 o'clocks

thanks so much, I still feel bad I didnt send as much

michelle

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Please don't feel bad Michelle...I loved my box!!!...and if you feel bad it takes the fun out of it for you ;) ... I enjoy my box very much and will use everything in it!

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

Margo, I am glad you enjoyed. Tomorrow, I will email you the websites on how to do the beads. I found them via Pinterest. Pinterest...very cool! Shirley (Brittanysgran) turned me on to it. I actually made three or four bead recipes (two flour base and one shredded paper) but only included two of them in your necklace.

And here is the site for the painted wine glass....

http://howtonestforless.com/2012/06/07/painted-flower-wine-glasses/

Shirley, today, November 1, is All Saints Day and tomorrow, November 2, is All Souls Day.....Once again Shirley, this anniversary swap was a blast of fun. Thanks!!

Well it is 8 O'Clock somewhere...I best be getting myself a cocktail...I am a little late tonight!

Happy Friday!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the clarification, Annie! And I'm glad you enjoyed the swap! I did too.

It's turned REALLY cold here. But some of my flowers, ie., zinnias, marigolds, salvias are still blooming!

Heidi and Margo, I haven't forgotten your prizes, hopefully they will go out tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Shirley!

• Michelle Reynolds
    11 years ago

dont worry, I had great fun, I'm just playing.
    you just cant see me smiling

:)

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    11 years ago

After a long day of work, it was so nice to come home to a BIG box full of goodies. After a solid week of rainy days, this box certainly brought some sunshine into my home!

After opening up to see what Diane sent me, my first thoughts were, "Do we know each other?". Checking her return address again, I know I have never had the pleasure of meeting anyone from Alabama. So, as I took each item out of the box, I began wondering how she could have selected such nice items just for me!

In this fat box were the following items which she creatively tied our swap theme into:

*A baggie full of green candy (yum) and green berry rush Hawaiian punch, and green Mojito Crystal Light (Diane, I immediately unwrapped the caramel apple lollipop!) : )

*A bag of Million Dollar Buttermint Creams. It held 20 pieces when I got it, but I think it's half full now! Can you tell I like candy? : )

*A bag of 40 flavors gourmet jelly beans - love these!

*A pack of Strawberry Fields Tic Tacs.

*A deck of cards with a beautiful floral design.

*A large bag of Wint O Green LifeSavers.

*A green expandable vase - perfect for my desk at work!

*Village Naturals Therapy Mineral Bath Soak for Aches & Pains Relief with a Delicate Bath Pouf... such a nice thought!

*Mandarin Orange Spice Herbal Tea - (I drink tea everyday!)

*A darling 2013 Monthly planner with a floral design.

*A Home Finance Bill Organizer. The cover and every page sports beautiful photographs of flowers and nature.

*The Haul Helper. My husband tried to confiscate this one, but I told him hands off! I relented then when I saw his face of disappointment and said he could borrow it - once in awhile.

*"Lift Your Spirits" wall calendar, which includes a small monthly planner. So colorful with lots of words of inspiration.

*A little yellow canary that I think may be either a wall vase for rooting a plant or a decorative item to put in a planter to keep it moist. Diane, can you let me know?

*A pack of "Dutchman Pipe Vine" seeds! I always wanted to grow these and Diane says I can grow them inside the house and outside, so I am looking forward to starting them.

Thanks a million Diane for your creativity, thoughtfulness and generosity!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lisa, what a great gift!

Diane, that was a very creative way to interpret the theme!

Well, folks, the Party is over! Many thanks to everyone who made this the best First Anniversary Swap/Party! I loved the varied and totally creative ways everyone used to create their gifts, and the food and drink was great too! Sorry bout the wine!

Hope to see ya all over on the November FOTESS Swap!
    Shirley!

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Hi Lisa :) ...the little bird is to put water in and stick in a pot to keep plants that need extra water good :)...that's what I use mine for anyways...i never thought of it but i suppose you could plant a smaller plant in it and sit it down in a bigger pot with other plants and have a decorative extra...that is a neat idea...i may try that sometime!

• smitties
    11 years ago

Received my prizes from Shirley yesterday. Thanks and this was a great swap.

Smitties