Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
new: fotess 1st anniversary swap!

Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 20:28

I can't believe it's been a year since Jeanne and I decided to start this group! We've had lots of great swaps and hopefully, everyone has had fun with it. I know I have! Well, I thought we should celebrate with a 1st Anniversary Party for our October swap!

Friends of the Earth-Simple Swaps keys in on recycling/upcycling, trading seeds and reading. And we try to keep it simple. If you would like to join the group, please contact me (this month) or Jeanne and I any other time, to find out how to join. We love to welcome new members!

To celebrate our first anniversary, we will be sending:
1. The FIRST (and only) pack of seeds; that's right, just one pack of seeds; it will be the FIRST pack sent for the new FOTESS year. I know this will be hard for all our generous traders, but TRY, folks, TRY!

2. Anniversaries call for gifts, so we'll be sending a recycled/upcycled anniversary gift using one, any or all of the following ingredients:
Paper (traditional gift for 1st anniversaries);
Clocks (modern gift for 1st anniversaries);
Something gold or yellow (first year colors);
Orange Blossoms or Pansies (first year flowers); and,
Pearls or Peridot (what is that?)(first year gemstones).

The gift is open to your creative interpretation; I think it would be fun to see how many of these things you can use! So far, I've used everything but the orange blossoms, the pearls and the peridot, whatever that is! But it looks rather strange, so I may have to re-think it!

Remember, we try to keep it simple, yeah, I know, but we really do!

How you mail is at your discretion, but you must use a DC#. Please post here when you ship and when you receive.

Sign ups will be open until Oct.8, and you will have until Oct. 31st to mail out.

And yes, we play some "FIRST" games too!

And I'm sorry I didn't use our logo; I can't find it on my computer!

All members of FOTESS are invited to the Party; wonder who will be the first to arrive!? Come on out and join us!
Shirley!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: fotess 1st anniversary swap!

Count me in Shirley :)

It's gonna be hard to do just 1 pack of seeds lol

and I do believe I'm 1st!!!! hahahaha

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 22:01

Hi Dianne, welcome to the Party! Yes, you are the first to arrive! Did you bring the cake?
And is this your first FOTESS swap? I know you're a new member, can't remember if you'ved swapped yet.
Have a great day tomorrow, ALL
Shirley!

o

Sign me up. I can follow directions and stick to one pack of seeds but I don't know what I can create for part 2. Thanks for the long time window for sending while I think about that part.
Alana

o

hello
I would like to join
I have not swapped much latly but want to start
playing again.
michelle
ps is wood close enough to paper???

o

Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 8:01

Welcome to the Party, Alana and Michelle!
See Diane for refreshments!
I'm going to need the longer time frame too, Alana!
Paper is made from wood, as I'm sure you know Michelle, so you're right on the mark!
That's one I didn't think of - DRAT!
Have a great day, everyone!
Shirley!

o

Shirley add me to the list. It's a good thing that we don't have to mail until the end of the month since I have to finish "Autumn's Favorite's and get some yard work done plus still have some canning to do. I can only do so much and then I get stressed out.

Thanks for doing the swap.

Ellie

o

I can't play this month because of travels, but I'll be with you in spirit and I know you'll have lots of fun. I think it will be hard to get access to a computer for about half the month, so if you don't hear from me - that's why.
Welcome, Michelle. So glad to have you join the group. If Shirley hasn't already done this, she will be sending you an e-mail with the information we need in order to add you to the membership list.
Happy Anniversary, everyone!
Jeanne

o

Shirley--you made us wait to see what you were going to post. It made the anticipation a lot like waiting for Santa.
I'm in. I looked up Peridot, a good choice, GREEN gem. The vivid green of the peridot, with just a slight hint of gold, is the ideal gemstone colour.

It is a very old gemstone, becoming very popular again today. It can be found in Egyptian jewellery from the early 2nd millennium B.C. The stones used at that time came from a deposit on a small volcanic island in the Red Sea, some 45 miles off the Egyptian coast at Aswan, which was not rediscovered until about 1900 and has, meanwhile, been exhausted for quite some time. The peridot is also a thoroughly modern gemstone, for a few years ago peridot deposits were located in the Kashmir region; and the stones from those deposits, being of an incomparably beautiful colour and transparency, have succeeded in giving a good polish to the image of this beautiful gemstone.

Ancient Romans esteemed its radiant green shine, which does not change even in artificial light. They nicknamed it the 'emerald of the evening'. Peridot is also found in Europe in medieval churches, where it adorns many a treasure.
Heidi

o

Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 13:18

Michelle is already a member, so no problems there!

Welcome Ellie, it sounds like you need some "partying!" Glad you could join in!

We'll miss you, Jeanne, hope your "excursions" are fun!

At the Party, we have:
Diane
Alana
Michelle
Ellie, and Me!

Shirley!

o

Count me in :)

Peridot is also the birthstone for August. My favorite color and my birthstone...how perfect! :)

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY FOTESSERS!

vina

o

:) Yes Shirley I've done 1 swap which was the last one with this group!!...and wish I had been here the whole year cuz ya'll are a bunch of fun...fried oreos, candy apples, and warmed wine sound good? ... oh if you could email such things it would be awesomelicious hahahhaa

o

Tue, Oct 2, 12 at 21:05

Sorry, Dianne, I missed that entirely! Maybe I should try to be a little more aware! Wasn't I in that swap too?
Good Grief!

Welcome Vina, Happy Anniversary to you too, glad you could make it to the Party!

My creativity has gone on break; need to think of a better idea for this swap! However, I got my Kodak software re-installed tonight, so that should help me with the other swap I'm in this month. Maybe.

Well, off to bed!
Talk to ya all tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Hey Vina, I'm another August baby from upstate NY! I've passed on the last two swaps (even though the swaps sounded great).

I'm in for this one though! Shirley & Jeanne, thanks so much for starting this swap group!

o

I am going to wait a couple of days before I make a decision so count me in as a "lurker". My cat Tenny is still not up to her self and has me concerned. I might have to take her back in. Has anyone else had a cat that had a "virus" with fever, dehydration, and sleeping all the time? I am curious how long it takes for them to bounce back.

We also have three boys with birthdays this month. That keeps me a bit busy. :0

I will keep watching from the bushes and let you all know if I can do this. I want to really bad but know I need to hold off to see what life has in store for the next couple of days.

Margo

o

Michelle, so sorry to have forgotten - of course, you are on the list! At least I felt a little better after Shirley asked if Dianne had done a swap with us before. LOL We are a couple of sad cases, that's for sure.
Well, I need to pack for my trip. All of a sudden today is looking really busy.
Talk with everyone soon. If my laptap will connect in the mountains, I'll say hello from there. If not, talk with you the following week.
Jeanne

o

How can I NOT sign up for this special occasion swap? Please count me in.
Janine

o

Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 19:55

Great to have you join in the Party, Becky, nice to see ya!

Margo, take your time! And, I work for the County of Monroe, same office I did before! Hope your little cat gets better soon!

Jeanne, I think I need to go with you! Please! Which mountains?!

Hey Jaynine, long time no see, glad you decided to join in!

Let's see, already arrived for the Party are:
Dianne
Alana
Michelle
Ellie
Vina
Becky
Jaynine and Me!
Oh shoot, almost forgot! Sorry, Katie, who is also joining us! Lord, where is my brain!?

Bedtime! Hopefully!
Shirley!

o

Don't forget me! I want in, too!
A cold front is moving through. I'm so hoping my flowers don't freeze tonight. I know it comes in the fall and I'm not ready to hang blankets up and down the lawn--so we'll see.
Heidi

o

This is a flower bed in a park in town. Photo 1-front Photo 2-back. They asked if I wanted to work on it. I cleared out all the grass and overgrown 'stuff'. I bought tulip bulbs, but don't have those in the ground yet.

Photobucket Photobucket

PHoto 3-second bed I get to work on. Love the ornamental grass, but the other grass is so invasive. It's been 10 years since anyone did anything.So much grass! The pile of stuff at the front of the picture is from bed #1--one of several piles. I did think of the lady who said, "I love to pull weeds." I was having fun, have to admit!
Photobucket

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 17:52

Whoohoo! Happy 1st anniv. Yes, thank you Shirley. Count me in!

I'm out of the woods, for now... Spent the last 4 nights camping in the Dechutes Natl. Forest. Saw THE biggest Ponderosa pine tree this week - a stunning 8.6 ft in diameter! A cold front moved thru on Tuesday and really cooled thing off. Last night it got down to 15' F! Headed back out into the woods in a few days.

Katie

o

Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 18:16

Ooops. I misspelled Deschutes AND forgot to check to have posts emailed to me. DOH!

o

Thu, Oct 4, 12 at 19:55

Welcome Heidi! Glad you can celebrate with us!
Looks like you've got your work cut out for yourself with those beds!

It's just the opposite here, Katie, it's starting to warm up again! I would love to see one of those trees!

Today at work, two different people told me they had seen the Osprey down on the river, so I came home, grabbed the camera and some coffee and went down for about an hour. No luck. I know they are fishing the river, just not when I'm down there with a camera!

We've got a good group of partiers (?) for the swap so far; still plenty of time to sign up, folks!
Talk to ya all tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 2:43

Happy Anniversary to a great group of resourceful gardeners!

It's harvest time in western WA especially since we've had a few light frosts. Boxes of tomatoes and winter squash line the hallway. We covered the rest of the row of green tomatoes hoping that will do enough to protect them if we drop to mid 30s by morning. With the sunny days and 10 degrees above normal we've had more ripen outside than last year, so I wasn't ready to bring them all inside.

Our usual summer drought has continued along with sunny & breezy conditions, so we've been issued a red flag fire danger. The forest so dry here the frogs hang out in our backyard fountain basin and in the gardens where I've watered. They ignore my movements & just stay put. The creek is too low for the spawning salmon, so the hatchery down the creek will just hold them as long as they can and hope the rains return in time. I spent many hours Friday afternoon driving around a camp golf cart with buckets of water for places a hose doesn't reach at camp. I just couldn't see the established shrubs and plants so wilted. I know later on this fall or winter I'll wish the rain would stop, but right now we are in great need of rain.

Keeping the new gardens watered at camp since our summer staff left at the end of August has been like another part time job. This past Friday afternoon I drove around a golf cart & buckets of water just to soak the ground around the wilted plants. I tried to keep myself dry, but golf carts over speed bumps or gravel roads aren't compatible with 3/4 full buckets. A few weeks ago we transplanted nearly 100 plants by the camp dining room thinking they had a better chance in the ground than in small pots. Fortunately, there is a hose & sprinkler nearby. Unfortunately, the deer have nibbled on the yellow twig dogwood & the upright fuchsias. We'll do more planting again when the weather changes.

I'll be at my aunt's funeral and family gathering tomorrow then visiting hubby's parents for the weekend, but check back on Monday if I think I can join this month's swap. If I don't it's just because the rains haven't come & I am occupied.

Corrine

o

Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 17:57

Hi Corrine! Nice to hear from you! Sounds like you are still busy, busy, busy! Margo is still making up her mind too, hopefully you can both join the swap!

I got up at 5 this morning, in order to have time to go down to the river in search of the elusive Osprey, before I went to work. The Osprey, on the other hand, slept in. I'm beat, gonna be an early night for me!

I'll be choosing partners on Monday, after sign-ups close. We have a great group already, but like they say, "the more, the merrier!"

Have a great weekend!
Shirley!

o

I keep coming back and just can't resist. I am in.

Kitty went to the vet again yesterday. She was having trouble walking as it seems her hind end is bothering her. They took her for observation and couldn't find anything other than she had a fever again. They treated her with antibiotics, fluids, and something for the fever. The best guess it is the virus still bothering her and it is rough. Today she is doing much better and I hope that is the end of the fevers.

I would love to join all the group swaps I do each month but know my limits this month so I am going for the anniversary of Fostess since I have been with this from the beginning.

Happy Anniversary everyone. Margo

o

Finally checking in here....

Shirley, I could not miss this 1st anniversary FOTESS celebration. I would love to join this month!

Thanks for hosting!!

Annie

o

Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 16:35

Sometimes, my "un-awareness" astounds me!
I was just checking back thro the posts to make sure I didn't miss anyone who has joined, and Heidi, I just now read your post about the peridot. I feel like a complete idiot! I honestly didn't mean to ignore you - Sorry!
And thanks for the info!

Welcome Margo and Annie! On with the Party!

And I think it's time to get this party organized! Since we can't really share an anniversary meal together, we'll do the next best thing and post recipes/instructions for an anniversary meal here on the swap site!
Here's what everyone will be "bringing":
Alana and Annie are in charge of the drinks for Happy Hour;
Michelle and Jaynine are in charge of the main course;
Diane and Heidi are in charge of the cake;
Vina and Ellie are in charge of the canapes/appetizers;
Becky and Margo are in charge of the salad;
I'm bringing the wine and since Katie is MIA for now, she can be in charge of cleanup!
If anyone else joins in, they can bring party favors!
This should be an interesting meal!

It's VERY cold here today, but I did manage to work on the "entanglement" and got rid of most of it! Now I need to get out there and dig up the roots. Well, maybe next weekend!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Shirley!

o

What a great idea, a meal!!!!! I will look up my recipe tomorrow and post it. Looking forward to seeing what will be served.

We are having my 2 bils, oldest son, and middle daughter and her husband over tomorrow for a baseball party. My hubby and I are originally from the Detroit area in Michigan and are Tiger fans. They are in the playoffs so we are all gathering for game 2 tomorrow. Somehow it ended up here. LOL Oh well, I needed to clean anyway.

It seems Tenny is doing better so I keep praying she will not spike another fever because that is what causes the problems. She is walking and eating better. My son has his two dogs here so poor Tenny is banished to the basement so they don't eat her. :) She's ok though because that is her domain as well as upstairs. I just would rather be able to keep an eye on her.

See you all tomorrow. Margo

o

Shirley, you made an excellent choice for me, lol.
I am still struggling with what on earth I can send. I need a creativity transplant.
Next weekend I will sit down and really think about it when I have more time.
Have a good week,
Alana

o

LOL...And Shirley made the right choice for me as well.
The bar is always open in our home...very well stocked!! HAPPY HOUR started at 4pm...todays specials are CHI-CHI's, Slow Gin Fizzes and for the hardcore, Rosemarys Triple Gin Martinis (you will never be the same again). And for those who can not stand the taste of alcohol, "Virgin" cocktilians, are available. I love Happy Hour!!!!

Back to the garden, with my cocktail!!

Happy Sunday!!

Annie

o

Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 20:06

Any chance of a plain, old Budweiser? Bottle, please, not draft!

Margo and Becky: I, personally, prefer red onions in my salads. Just saying! Hope Tenny is doing better!

As soon as I find out what the main courses are, I'll list the wines. Altho, they are all going to be white, dry as a bone and not chilled, so I guess I can list them at any time.

And anniversary parties usually have toasts and I would like to propose the first one!
Here's to Sandlapper_rose/Jeanne, who thought up the idea for this group and has helped me thro the whole year, even when she had another swap going on at the same time, and with ALL the other activites she is involved in! Here's to Jeanne, thank you!

I'm going end sign-ups at 5 pm tomorrow and will post the partners list sometime tomorrow evening. How are you all coming with the gift? I'm on my third trial; Alana, I think my creativity transplant was rejected!

Hope everyone has a great week, Partners tomorrow night!
Shirley!

o

Hello, my fellow FOTESSers! Sorry, I am not joining any swaps this month as I am waaaaay behind on planting. I have boxes and boxes of iris & daylillies waiting to be planted. I am NOT a multi-tasker and that you all know!

By Nov. I will be all done.

Last month was such a fiasco I kept getting Fotess members confused with OBF members. :-/

I was reading things here and (that were sent to my e-mail) responding on OBF. And continuing convo.s on Obf. I know some were with you Margo! lol What a goof I am!

Hope your Kitty gets better Margo!

Have fun camping Katie!

Enjoy the mountains Jeanne!

Have fun y'all!!!!

Rena'

o

Hi Shirley,

Wow...that year went by fast! Please sign me up for the anniversary swap. Thanks - Lisa

o

Margo, I hope your kitty does better. 1/3 of this town has a cold, 1/3 has the flu and the other 1/3 is trying to keep the town running. But...we might as well all get it now and be done with it rather than string it out over the entire winter. I had the flu Sunday. My daughter is hibernating on the couch today.
We had our first hard freeze. It snowed a slushy mess on Saturday, melted, then froze over everything like a wet blanket. It's quite early for this.
You know...there are some great party games(and you learn so much)!
Do you prefer...
Coke or Pepsi
White Wine or Red Wine
Mountains or Ocean
Dogs or Cats
Perennials or Annuals
Cake or Frosting
Since Diane and I are on the cake list...maybe I'll just bring frosting! Who bothers with the cake...it's just there to hold up the frosting, right? ha
We went on a mission trip this weekend to an Indian reservation. We do games/crafts with the kids, bingo with the adults, a time of worship, a homemade meal and we unload a trailer full of donated items-lamps, tvs, clothes. It's like Xmas in October. Lots of fun, but we're tired.
Creative moments are often rejected...but you had fun in the process, right? That's half the fun right there! Good for you!
Heidi

o

Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 13:40

Hi Lisa! We're very glad you made it to the Party! You are in charge of the party favors, something simple, nothing elaborate!

Loooonnnggg slow day at work, no mail, no phone calls because everyone thinks we're closed. Tomorrow should be a grade one riot!

Heidi, I'll take Pepsi, white wine, mountains and both on the last three!

Back to the grind!
Shirley!

o

Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 17:05

Rena! Didn't mean to ignore ya, sure wish you could be at the Party; Let me know what kind of drink you prefer and I'll drink one in your honor!

Sign-ups are officially closed; I'll be back later on with the list of Partners!!
Shirley!

o
Partners!

Mon, Oct 8, 12 at 20:40

Here we go! Our Partners are:
Heidi and Ellie
Shirley and Alana
Vina and Jaynine
Margo and Annie
Katie and Becky
and then we switch to the other mode:
Michelle will send to Diane
Diane will send to Lisa and
Lisa will send to Michelle

If I've missed anyone, let me know.
If you need addresses, email your partner or me!
I am currently on the 4th, 4th configuration of the gift!
It's a good thing we have until the end of the month to send out!
Have a great day tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Here's my salad. I hope it doesn't clash with Margo's.

Every time someone asks me to make a salad it conjures up images of my sorority days. Two girls would be scheduled to cook together, one that could cook and one that couldn't. The one that couldn't was banished to setting up the table and making the salad. Hopefully this salad won't remind you of someone that can't cook. Serves 6-8.

Ingredients

1 bag of salad (I like the Italian mix of greens, but any mix of salad greens will work)
1/2 to 1 cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries
1 can Mandarin oranges, drained, juice reserved
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced, optional
1/2 to 1 cup walnuts
1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbly blue cheese or feta cheese

Place bag of salad into a bowl; mix in remaining ingredients. I sprinkle with reserved Mandarin orange juice for a dressing.

o

Here is a salad I had the opportunity to try at a potluck and really enjoyed it.

Ramen noodle salad

1 head cabbage, shredded
5 green onions, chopped (tops included)
1/2 c. butter
1 (2 1/2 oz.) pkg. Ramen noodles, broken
1/2 c. sesame seeds
1/2 c. almonds

Dressing
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. salad oil or olive oil
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 c. red wine vinegar

Shred cabbage and combine with onions. Set aside. Brown noodles, sesame seeds and almonds in butter and drain on paper towel. Mix dressing and chill. Assemble approximately 20 minutes before serving.

Now that I have my partner, I will be getting my package ready.

Margo

o

Onto the main course:
This is a family favorite I make all the time...comfort food. Leftovers are very good, too.

Chicken (or Turkey or Beef) Pie

Double Crust:
Mix 2 cups all purpose flour with a pinch of salt
Cut in 2/3 cup Crisco or lard (my 1st choice) and 2 Tbsp butter.
Using a fork, slowly add and stir in ice cold water until it starts to come together. I never measure the water, so I'm not sure how much it is. I'd guess 5-6 Tbsp. Gently form a ball, trying not to overwork the dough. Cover & refrigerate until needed.

Pie Filling:
Cooked chunked chicken
Cooked (al dente) chunked vegetables: I use the traditional potatoes, carrots and peas, but you can use whatever your family likes.
Gravy-enough to cover vegetables.

Roll out half the dough to form the bottom crust. Add filling. Roll the other half of the dough and cover, pinching bottom & top crusts together. Poke a few holes in the top with a fork. Bake at 350 for about an hour.

I've kept these instructions simple, but if more in-depth information for making stock & gravy is needed, I'd be glad to add it. Ingredients and pan size can be easily adjusted to fit your family's needs. (I use a 3 qt square casserole and have stretch the dough a little to make it work.) It can be made from scratch or with store bought ingredients. Yum.

o

Oh My those recipes got me a bit hungry lol...i just know it would be awesome to chow down with you ladies :)

My cake is still in the decision process lol...trying to figure out what kind will go best with the frosting Heidi is stirring up hahahahaha...no biggie Heidi...I eat frosting out of the container like it's pudding lol, especially when i get that chocolate craving!!

Lisa, I will be emailing you for your mailing addy :)

o

Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 18:35

I love Chicken Pot Pie! Great choice, Jaynine, that's almost exactly the same as my recipe. It's one of the kids favorites too. Wonder what Michelle will bring?

Well, our meal is shaping up. Dianne, I would wait on the frosting too; no sense in flavors that don't match up!

Does anyone need addresses? Everything going okay!? I had a really rough day at work today, so I have to tell ya: there is far less wine left for the Party-sorry!

I'll post the first game sometime this week!
Shirley!

o

Great salad selections Margo and Becky. I love salad...salad...salad!! Jaynine, you remind me to make Chicken Pot Pie. I have not made it in ages. Your crust recipe sounds like a good one!

Shirley, I have plenty of wine, so don't sweat it. After hell at work, you need your vino!!!! So drink up!!Cheers!!! AS well, I do not have BUD but you might enjoy our home brew. My husband makes several differant varieties. Some of those dark beers can really take you to a nice place....and they are very smooth.

Margo, I need to put my thinking cap on...something creative for your 1st anniversary!!!

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

o

I'm back from the quilt retreat and helping my daughter for a few days as she packs to move to her new house. I haven't even had a chance to read the postings yet, but I hope everyone is doing well. We were in the Blue Ridge Moutains, right where NC and VA meet. By the way, the quilt retreat is an activity planned by the Quilt Forum right here on GardenWeb so if there are any quilters, check it out for next year. We have lots of fun and it's a beautiful place.
Jeanne

o

Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 20:15

Work was much better today, so much better that I was able, in between answering the phone, to tweak the FINAL configuration of the anniversary gift! YEAAAAAAA!! Who made this so hard? HAHA. Of course, I still have to make it, but that's doable. I've got everything in it but the pearls, sorry Alana, no pearls this time!

Very few people have Budweiser in their homes, Annie, I'm in a real minority here! And I like dark beers, we had some great ones in Ireland, yes, Guiness too, but some that were better.

Jeanne, good to hear from you! That quilt retreat sounds good; will have to investigate that! And you're right, it is a beautiful area, one of the best.

Are we still going to have Indian Summer, or have we already done that? It is drop dead cold here.
Shirley!

o

Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 20:17

Just checking in. Kinda quiet here today. Our weather seems to be warming up a bit, to the 50s, boy, does that sound awful! I am definitely not ready for cold weather! Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Shirley!

o

Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 1:31

Hi Ladies! I'm out of the woods and back to civilization. Boo! We just came out of the Hells Canyon area, which was just beautiful. I hated to come back, but it was nice to get a hot shower.

I see I have some catching up to do on the posts. And Becky, I see we are swap partners. Will be in touch soon.

Katie

o

Hi Katie, just where is Hell's Canyon? I've been thinking about your gift. Hopefully I'll get it started this weekend.

My Mom went through knee surgery last week and is still in rehab. She is not happy about this. To top it off, I've been doing a lot of teaching and a lot of traveling for work (day trips) both of which knock me out. So I haven't been around much.

Shirley, we get your weather a couple days later. Its suppose to be COLD tonight (25 degrees). I'll be cooking a turkey tomorrow to warm us up!

I love cooking and baking so I'm keeping an eye out for the recipes for our anniversary dinner

Take care, Becky

o

Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 20:02

Becky, it isn't going to warm up any, but the days are gorgeous, bright and clear, and the colors are fantastic! Hope your mom is doing well.

Katie, good to hear from you, but you aren't "out of the woods" yet, you still have all this clean up to do!

I hope Michelle is planning a fish dish, that would make my white wine legitimate! On the other hand, doesn't white wine go with chicken? Wonder what Vina and Ellie are serving up in the way of appetizers? How are the party favors coming along, Lisa?

I'll post the FIRST game tomorrow!
Yeaaa! The weekend is here!!
Shirley!

o

I just stopped in to say hello. I'll bet some of you have beautiful fall color in the trees by now. Things are just now starting to change color here and it will be awhile before we really look like fall. Even in the mountains last weekend, the fall color had just barely started.
I spent the past few days resting up after my first trip of the month. It's time to clean house though and I think that will be my day tomorrow.
I just came up with an idea for the November Swap so I'll likely post that on Oct. 31 or Nov. 1. I think it will be fun!
Jeanne

o

Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 18:37

Ooo, I have clean-up, eh? No problem! I am going to bring my dog so he can lick the dishes clean. He's so helpful that way!

Becky, I sent an email your way, with my address and my standard "20 questions."

I'm still traveling, on the never-ending drive back home. Today we started in Laramie, WY with it snowing. Sleeping tonight in Ft. Smith, AR. Burning that road up! Should be home Sunday afternoon. Curious to see what my plants have been up to while we were away. LOL!

Katie

o

Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 18:55

Oh, Becky - Hells Canyon lies between Oregon and Idaho, where the Snake River has carved down through some massive geological uplift to create the deepest river gorge in North America, plunging more than 1 1/2 miles down from the highest peak, and spanning more than 10 miles across. Spectacular! Wish we could have spent more time poking around the area.

Katie

o

Evening everyone!

Appetizers?? What appetizers?? Had no idea...

My most favorite app.

Spinach~Artichoke Dip

4 cloves of garlic all minced up
1 can artichoke hearts
1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
1/2 cup Parm. Cheese (grated)
1 cup shredded Mozz. Cheese
1 cup Alfredo Sauce

Stir up and spoon into a glass pie plate.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

This is so yummy!!
I use it with toasted italian bread, or ritz crackers.

Have to admit, I can eat this as my main meal, lol! Not exactly healthy. But, after there's always dessert :)

I'm getting my package ready to mail :) Janine it should be going out on Monday.

Have a great Saturday!!
vina

o

Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 19:24

Safe Journey, Katie!

Is anyone ready for a game?
Here it is!

This is a game of FIRSTs, just fill in the blanks; your FIRST letter is T; FIRST one to get all the answers wins the prize! (well, DUH!)
1. FIRST --T-
2. FIRST ----
3. FIRST ---/--/T--/---T-
4. FIRST -------/-----------
5. FIRST ---/--/------
6. FIRST T----/--/T--/-------
7. FIRST ----
8. -T/FIRST/------
9. FIRST -----
10. FIRST --/----
11. FIRST ---T--
12. FIRST ---T----
13. FIRST --T-----/----
14. FIRST -----
15. FIRST------
16. FIRST ----T--
17.FIRST -T--
18. FIRST -----
19. FIRST ----
20. FIRST ----
21. FIRST ---/--/T--/----
22. FIRST T---/---/-----T----

Good Luck!!
Shirley!

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 11:37

Hi everyone,

I'm stopping by to say HELLO & congrates on the 1st anniversary for the FOTESS group.

We've finally had rain after 81 days of dry weather! So, no more watering my potted stash of plants and I can finally transplant again. Yeah! This next storm today is supposed to bring high winds, so we will test the generator after church. The trees are wet & loaded with leaves yet and since we live in a forest... debris falls. It is suppose to dry out mid week, so we have already planned a garden clean up afternoon and I hope it just takes an afternoon not weeks like our big ice storm last January.

We celebrated by visiting a 90+ year old Japanese garden in a Seattle Park yesterday along with a car picnic. Signs warned us about valuables in our car, but we didn't need the sign to show us. There were 2 cars with bashed in windows. Hubby gave them a black garbage bag so they could protect their cars from the rain. Our 18yr old son stayed in the car with our little black Pomeranian while we walked around. Then we switched and I stayed in the car with the dog.

Drizzle kept the cameras tucked away, but the gardens were lovely green evergreens and conifers on a hillside with 400 tons of rock hauled in over time. Numerous bridges over ponds and streams and twisted pathways made us feel like we were hiking in the mountains. We were amazed at all the work this family did to create such a lovely place and how huge shrubs and trees become after so long in the garden. I had thought that the Japanese maples would be the main attraction, so I was quite surprised other plants captivated me: a conifer with red berries, and another tree next to the sidewalk in the parking lot by our car with the most beautiful rose-pink bracts and 4 inch length leaves.

We stopped at H*me Dep*t in case we'd see one of them there then another nursery close by, but struck out. I did find them in a gardening picture book just flipping through the pages. Whew! Mystery solved. The red berried conifer was a yew. It has been on my want list for awhile as they're shade tolerant and tolerate pruning into brown wood, but I've not seen it live and had forgotten about the berries. The blooming tree is a Seven Sons Tree, Heptacodium miconiodes from China with eye catching peeling brown bark that tolerates dappled shade.

Have a great swap everyone!
Corrine

o

Just printed out my label for Annie's box.

9405 5036 9930 0170 3307 08

Will be mailing it before work in the morning.

Enjoy Annie

o

Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 19:59

Hi Corrine, nice to hear from you! Join in the game, if you'd like!
Margo, has it warmed up down there? We had a warm day, but it "drizzled" rain all day too. Welcome change from the frigid temps!

Here's your second letter - A! Can I just say that I'm not going to type FIRST in front of all the words, I think you all got the hint!

1. -at-
2. -a--
3. -ay/--/t--/---t-
4. -------/a------a--
5. -a-/--/------
6. t----/--/t--/-------
7. ----
8. at first --a---
9. --a--
10. --/----
11. --sta-
12. ---t--a-
13. -a----a-/-a--
14. --a--
15. --a---
16. --a-t--
17. -t--
18. --a--
19. -a--
20. -a--
21. -a-/--/t--/----
22. t---/---/-----t----

Have a great week, All!
Shirley!

o

Shirley, it was quite nice here today but it did start to rain hard around 2:30 or so and it rained on and off for about an hour and a half. It felt more like a spring day than a fall one but the leaves flying all over from the high winds were a reminder it is indeed time for the weather to turn cold. Our shop was open from 12-4 and it is my Sunday to work so I left the doors open.

I did get some plants in the ground. I bought several perennials at 75% off. I bought two gaura because mine died over last winter and each was 1.25. Love a good deal even if I don't have room in my garden. I am going to have to temporarily use my vegie garden to plant them and then transplant them next year. The vegies are done now anyway.

Am working on the new game but it really makes me have to think. :/

Margo

o

Vina~
Your package will be in tomorrow's mail; DC#9405 5036 9930 0170 4081 24. I really enjoyed putting it together. Hope you like it.
Janine

o

Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 7:51

Happy Monday!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Shirley!

o

hello
I dont have diane's address on my fortess list
if you send me your address I will get your package on the way soon.
michelle

o

Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 19:55

Michelle! What's for dinner!?

I'll post an update on the swap tomorrow, but for now, here is the next letter - S!

1. -at-
2. -a--
3. -a-/--/t--/---t-
4. -------/a-----sa--
5. -a-/--/s-----
6. t----/--/t--/-------
7. --ss
8. at first/--a---
9. --a--
10. --/----
11. --sta-
12. ---t--a-
13. -at---a-/-a--
14. --a--
15. --a---
16. --a-t--
17. st--
18. --ass
19. -a--
20. -a--
21. -a-/--/t--/----
22.t---/--/-----t----

Talk to ya all tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Annie's box was dropped in the mailbox this morning. margo

o

Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 8:07

Vina, my "unawareness" kicked in again; I missed your post about the appetizer! Sorry! The recipe sounds really yummy!I have a friend who doesn't make her own spinach dip, but stands at the deli counter chowing down on it, everytime she goes for groceries!

Really cold here today; hope everyone else is warm and cozy!
Shirley!

o

hello
sorry dinner is late, I was out of town and forgot.

how about chicken enchaladas casarole style
start by cooking chicken in enchalada sause, chop/shread chicken, shread cheddar and jack cheese.
assembly.
dip corn tortillas in ench. sause and place single layer on bottom of pan.
next layer meat and cheese
tortillas again and continue till you have as many layers you want top with cheese and more sause.
bake 45 min to 1 hour.
serve with rice and beans.

dig in.

it looks like I am sending to diane for 2 swaps, if it is ok I will send them in one box.

michelle

o

Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 21:07

Michelle! That sounds delicious! My kids would love it! And it goes with white wine! As what does not? Thanks for posting.

Many thanks to Heidi for showing me how to post the game without re-typing the whole thing each night!

The letter for today is: N!

Okay, let's see if I did this right!
1. -at-
2. -a--
3. -a-/--/t--/--nt-
4. -----n-/ann---sa--
5. -a-/--/s-----
6. t--n-/-n/t--/-----n-
7. --ss
8. at first/--an--
9. --a--
10. -n/--n-
11. -nsta-
12. ---t--a-
13. -nat--na-/-an-
14. --a--
15. --an--
16. --a-t--
17. st--
18. --ass
19. -a--
20. -a--
21. -an/-n/t--/---n
22.t---/--/-----t--n-

Whoo Hooo! Thanks Heidi!

Okay, that's enough excitment for one night, off to bed!
Shirley!

o

Morning Everyone!!

Janine our packages must be crossing in the mail :). I mailed out mine on Monday as well.

Delivery Confirmation# 0312 0090 0000 8208 3026

I hope no one minds but I took a little poetic license with the theme :) I hope you enjoy.

Talk to you later!
vina

o

Good Wednesday FOTESSERS,

Vina, Alfredo sauce in your Spinach and Artichoke dip...that sounds great. Alfredo is a nice change! I love grazing food (aka appetizers).....

And Michelle, your Chicken Enchilada Casserole....easy and quick...no rolling of the enchiladas.

Shirley, working on your game, slowly but surely. Think Annie Think!!!

Margo, I have bombed x 2 on you anniversary gift. After more coffee, I am headed back to the workshop. Maybe, I need a morning Bloody Mary to get focused.

Gorgeous morning here in the OC. Happy Wednesday!

Annie

o

Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 13:16

Annie, if the morning Bloody Mary doesn't work, try one in the afternoon, too. Just saying!

"Poetic license should permeate your whole life" Read that somewhere-really hoping no one asks where!

Margo, we are having a BEAUTIFUL day here! A true Fall day! Hope you are too. Off to check the weather for the weekend!

Updates tonight after dinner!
Shirley!

o

Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 13:18

Annie, if the morning Bloody Mary doesn't work, try one in the afternoon, too. Just saying!

"Poetic license should permeate your whole life" Read that somewhere-really hoping no one asks where!

Margo, we are having a BEAUTIFUL day here! A true Fall day! Hope you are too. Off to check the weather for the weekend!

Updates tonight after dinner!
Shirley!

o

It's been a good day today...this morning I saw (for the first time) a couple of male Evening Grosbeaks at the feeder. Then this afternoon I got two packages, one of which contained a special anniversary gift from Vina. She sent a very nice card along with a beautiful, healthy daylily 'Etched in Gold'. What a nice surprise. Thank you Vina!

o

Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 19:15

Hi Everyone!

Alana's anniversary gift is in the mail! Sent her the DC#.

Your next letter is: I!

1. -at-
2. -a--
3. -a-/--/t--/--nt-
4. ----in-/anni---sa--
5. -a-/--/s-----
6. t-in-/in/t--/----in-
7. -iss
8. at first/--an--
9. --a--
10. n/--n-
11. insta-
12. -i-t--a-
13. nati-na-/-an-
14. --a--
15. --an--
16. --a-t--
17. st--
18. --ass
19. -a--
20. -a--
21. -an/-n/t--/---n
22.-i--/---/-----t-in-
Had to make a few corrections!

And here's a swap update:
Heidi
Ellie
Shirley sent
Alana
Vina sent
Jaynine sent and rec'd
Margo sent (complete with creepy, scratchy things!)
Annie
Katie
Becky
Michelle
Diane
Lisa
Still lots of time to send out!
Let me know if I missed anyone!

And for dinner we have:
Alana and Annie doing Happy Hour
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Cranberry/Orange Salad
Ramen Noodle Salad
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Diane and Heidi are doing the cake
Lisa is doing the Party favors
I'm bringing 1 TBSP of dry white wine for each (it's been a rough month!)
And Katie and her dog are doing clean up!

Have a good day tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 20:22

Shirley, I think I'm going to need more wine than that. Do I need to bring a BOTA Box?

Well I have been working on my 1st anniversary upcycling "project" too. Hmmm, I may have to go back to the drawing board.

Katie

o

Shirley, Annie's box isn't the creepy, scary one, that was Dan's over on MNF. To be honest, Annie might be a little upset with my box. LOL She has received it so you will find out why when she posts it.

We had beautiful weather yesterday too. Drove all the way up to see the Detroit/New York game. Got there at 7 and the game started at 8. Well, was supposed to start at 8 but due to impending weather, they delayed it which was frustrating because the weather was gorgeous. We waited and waited until they decided to postpone the game til today. This decision came at 9:30. It was still nice out but then the rain came around 9:45. Now I need to leave work early so we can make the game at 4:00 this afternoon.

Annie, hope you like the box but don't be mad at me for throwing a party in a box.

Margo

o

This has been my favorite cake since 5th grade.

Dump Cake
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. veg. oil
1 can cherry pie filling
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts (I prefer my nuts in a bowl, but it's your choice)

Put all in mixing bowl and stir. Do not beat. Bake 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 1 9x13 pan. Cake is done when toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Frosting:

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. coconut
Cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Mix in powerdered sugar in sections. Best if you use a mixer. Add coconut at the end, but stir in with a spoon.

Heidi

o

Afternoon!!

I rec'd the most lovely package from Janine yesterday! Everything was wrapped in shiny gold gift bags and tied with gold cording. SO PRETTY! And in those beautiful packages we some terrific things.

Janine made me a hand made seed packet wishing ball. I've only ever seen these for Christmas, and never one covered in beautiful photos from seed packets! It is AMAZING!! Janine, you are so talented!!

And if that was not enough, she also sent me some awesome seeds! 4 O'clock: Lemon Swirl, Zinnia: Envy, Historic Florist Pansy.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I just love it all!!

OH! and I almost forgot the handmade card covered in dried flowers. Little violas! Perfect touch!! Such a talented lady!

Happy Thursday!
vina :)

o

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!

OH My Goodness!!

Margo, your gift to me was on the porch. Missed it last night when I fetched the mail.

FELLOW FOTESSERS...I received the most lovely 1ST anniversary gift from Margo....no creepy crawlers, no monsters, no cobwebs, no tricks....and that is A-OK with me!

Here we go....
On the lid of the box was an invite...PLEASE JOIN US
and the invite specifically said
OCCASION...FOTESS 1st Year Anniversary
DATE...When you receive this
TIME...At your convenience
PLACE...On line
GIVEN BY...All of us
R.S.V.P....At Garden Web

I took the lid off of the box....

And colorful confetti everywhere and I mean everywhere!! Flowers, hearts and bright colors!

And then a note that says "PAPER" to share our 1ST anniversay meal on.....with tye dye napkins and plates (oh so colorful....a rainbow of colors)

And then on an envelope a note that says "PEARLS" Just For You and inside a necklace strand of pink pearls....I have heard and read about your jewelry Margo. These are beautiful!

And then a note that says, A reuseable bag to help the the environment, in a "goldy yellow" color.

And then a note that says, Just because we got a good deal on gloves (LOL)with a pair of heavy duty gloves.

And then a note that says, This flower with "Yellow" centers is for one year and will dance with excitement during the party....and with it Solor Dancing Daisies.

And then a note that says, These are made from recycled "Wood"....with a package of recycled pencils

And then a note that says, More "Paper" to celebrate our 1st year, with 2 notebooks

And then a card that says CONGRATULATIONS, how wonderful the success of FOTESS has been and that we have shared it together....and inside "ONE" package of seeds, Amaranthus "Intense Purple".

Margo, absoloutley fantastic!! And very clever too!!
Thanks so much for your thought, your time and your creativity. A perfect 1ST for me!

Margo, as well, it has been my pleasure FOTESSING with you this past year.
Happy Thursday!

Annie

o

Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 13:41

Lovely boxes being sent/received!

Becky - here comes yours!
DC # 9405503699300174889813

Katie

o

I'll be looking forward to it, Katie! I have all your goodies together. I just need to stuff them in a box and get to the post office - probably Saturday.

o

Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 23:10

Sorry I'm late! Laid down to grab a few zzzs after dinner and just now woke up!

Heidi, the cake sounds scrumptious!
Diane, maybe you could bring a pie of some sort?!

What great anniversary gifts!
Margo, very creative interpretation!
Janine or Vina, could you post a picture of the gazing ball? And the card? I would love to learn how to make dried flower cards!

Katie, BOTA box? Please explain; it's probably something really simple that I should have figured out on my own!

Here's a swap update:
Heidi
Ellie
Shirley sent
Alana
Vina sent and rec'd
Jaynine sent and rec'd
Annie rec'd
Katie
Becky
Michelle
Diane
Lisa

And your next letter is: E!

1. -ate
2. -a--
3. -a-/--/t--/--nt-
4. -e--in-/anni-e-sa--
5. -a-/--/s-----
6. t-in-/in/t--/----in-
7. -iss
8. at first/--an-e
9. --a-e
10. n/--n-
11. insta-
12. -i-t--a-
13. nati-na-/-an-
14. --a-e
15. --an-e
16. --a-te-
17. ste-
18. --ass
19. -a-e
20. -a--
21. -an/-n/t--/---n
22.-i-e/---/e-e--t-in-

Anyone coming close?

And I'm going to post the next game, because it's very simple, but might take some time. For this game, all you have to do is send me, by EMAIL, your wedding anniversary date (month and year) or your birthday, (month and year) whichever you prefer or both! The winner will be the FIRST in either category!

Okay, back to bed!
Shirley!

o

Annie, so glad you are not upset about the huge quantity of confetti I used in your box but it is a PARTY!!!!! I am also glad you enjoyed your party in a box.

Just got back from one of the most exciting games I have ever been to. Witnessed the Detroit Tigers sweep the Yankees. It was so much fun to be a part of the celebration. The experience of all the people celebrating in the streets after was amazing. So glad we went.

Shirley, I hope to sit down and really try to figure out those words tomorrow.

Margo

o

Margo, I would have loved to be there. What fun!

I am sorry. I have been pretty much absent from this swap and have missed a lot of great food. I have been too busy to enjoy this anniversary, but I will get it together this weekend. I am going to drink some special creative juice (okay, Vodka) and get my present together. Duct tape counts as paper, right?
Alana

o

Margo, I loved the confetti enhancement in my coffee yesterday morning. And My German Brutus wears it well! LOL! I use confetti all the time...love the stuff!!!

I was pulling for Detroit...so happy they beat those damn Yankees. I would have loved to have been their for the game and post celebration!

I am curious about the gazing ball too!!!! Lovely anniversary gift Vina!

Shirley, working on the game...still!

Enjoy your Friday!

Annie

o

Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 14:09

Shirley, a BOTA Box is a brand of boxed California wine that has eco-friendly packaging (recycled paper, 100% post-consumer fiber; its completely recyclable; only uses soy based inks & cornstart instead of glue; and the plastic wine bag contains no BPAs). It's also a higher quality wine than the other boxed brands. Plus you don't have to worry about spoilage like with glass bottled wine. They make several reds & whites. I love them!

Margo, how awesome to have been there for that exciting game! I was pulling for Detroit, too.

Alana, hahahahaha - yes, duct tape absolutely counts as paper. You know, they make different colors of duct tape now, including yellow and gold.

Katie

o

Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 18:58

I'm really glad that Detroit has something to celebrate, sports wise, the Lord knows the Pistons and the Lions won't do much this year, which won't keep me from cheering for them, just saying!

Margo, our office had a celebration of that game today; didn't know there were that many Tiger fans in there! They were so happy about the sweep! They are all big on the Red Wings too.

Katie, bring one.

Here's the next word: O!
1. -ate
2. -a--
3. -a-/o-/t--/-ont-
4. -e--in-/anni-e-sa--
5. -a-/o-/s--oo-
6. t-in-/in/t--/-o--in-
7. -iss
8. at first/--an-e
9. --a-e
10. n/--n-
11. insta-
12. -i-t--a-
13. nationa-/-an-
14. --a-e
15. --an-e
16. --a-te-
17. ste-
18. --ass
19. -a-e
20. -a--
21. -an/on/t--/-oon
22.ti-e/-o-/e-e--t-in-

You know, I don't think duct tape has paper in it; try masking tape instead, Alana, just to be on the safe side!

Long week, glad it's over.
Shirley!

o

Shirley, I think a blank was dropped on number 10. Have been trying to figure these out for the last half hour or so. Have only 12 so far. Very clever idea.

Margo

o

Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 19:56

You're right, Margo, I dropped the first blank. Will correct tomorrow. Thanks for checking!

o

Hi ya'll...sorry i've been a bit tied up (not literally lol) lately and haven't had a chance to get online much...

Michelle it is perfectly ok if you send both swaps in 1 !!!!

I emailed Lisa for her mailing addy but I haven't been able to check my mail lately as I've been busy so not sure if she has answered back or not...I'm still a bit busy and rushed today but I'll double check my email by tomorrow and let ya'll know if I need Lisa's addy...

Hope all is well with everyone and enjoying this cooler weather :)

Dianne

o

I am starting to catch up.
This is a punch type drink that my mother, sister, daughter and I have at almost every gathering. It has no name, we just like it. We enjoy it because we always have it when we are all together, which is not very often.

1 bottle Peach Schnapps
4-5 cups cranberry juice coctail
1-2 liters of sparkling water or gingerale as you prefer
ice ring I use gingerale with fresh cranberries in a circular jello mold.
Place the ice ring in a punch bowl and pour everything else in. Yummy.

Now that my obligation as mixologist has been fulfilled I can move on to my package from Shirley which came yesterday.
Once again I am flabbergasted by her creativity! She made a FOTESS anniversary calender for me using her own photography which included gold and orange pansies as well as other flowers. I am so impressed!
She sent 4 O'Clock seeds to get the clock part of the theme-clever.
She sent some candy eyeballs-on everyone's list as an anniversary gift, lol, a pretty card, paper of course (again her own creation). She covered the theme very well.
Thank you Shirley!

And finally, I have decided on how I will interpret the anniversary themes and should have my package out on Monday.
Yipee!

Now, what else am I behind on?
Alana

o

E-gads! Cocktail.

o

Sat, Oct 20, 12 at 19:29

Glad you liked the giftie, Alana, and those were Zombie eyeballs; I had a hard time keeping these two swaps separate!

The drink sounds yummy!

There is still lots of time for sending!

I've received two emails for the 2nd game, from Katie and Margo. This is a super easy game, just EMAIL me your wedding anniversary date and/or your B-day, month and year.

Here are two letters tonight, we're celebrating me sleeping in this morning! R and D!
1. date
2. -a--
3. da-/o-/t-e/-ont-
4. -eddin-/anni-ersar-
5. da-/o-/s--oo-
6. t-in-/in/t--/-or-in-
7. -iss
8. at first/--an-e
9. --a-e
10. -n/--ne
11. instar
12. -irt-da-
13. nationa-/-an-
14. -rade
15. --an-e
16. --a-ter
17. ste-
18. --ass
19. -a-e
20. -ad-
21. -an/on/t-e/-oon
22.ti-e/-or/e-er-t-in-

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's supposed to be up in the high 60s here tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Hello everyone! I'm glad everyone is enjoying their packages & anniversary party! The punch sounds great Alana!

Katie, I got your package out yesterday. Here's the DC# 0311 1660 0002 0939 1042.

o

Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 11:31

Hi Everyone!
Heidi just emailed her words and she got 21 of them! Will give everyone else until tonight at nine a chance to post and see if we get all 22.

Hang in there, Heidi!

Be back later with a swap update too!
Shirley!

o

My packaged is finished! I feel like I climbed Mt. Everest.
DC 9405503699300177502207. The MM will pick it up tomorrow.
Alana

o

Sun, Oct 21, 12 at 21:37

Breathe, Alana, Breathe!

Heidi, you are the winner of our FIRST game!
Your prize will be out in the mail soon!

Annie, you missed 3 of the words - here is the list:
Date
Base
day of the month
wedding anniversary
day of school
thing in the morning
kiss
at first glance
place
in line
instar
birthday
national bank
grade
chance
charter
step
class
# 19 - page
lady
man on the moon
time for everything

And here is a swap update:
Heidi
Ellie
Shirley sent
Alana sent and rec'd
Vina sent and rec'd
Jaynine sent and rec'd
Annie rec'd
Katie sent
Becky sent
Michelle
Diane
Lisa

Diane, do you need Lisa's address?

Finished putting my flower beds to bed today! Well, as far as I could, would you believe I still have flowers blooming? The zinnias are covered with buds as is the tithonia, and the RTHS, Coral Nymph and Snow Nymph salvias are still blooming. My little lavender asters have died back already, strange.

Have a great week, everybody!
Shirley!

o

Morning All!

I just thought I'd post a pic of the amazing seed catalog wishing ball that Janine made :)

o

I'm going to show my 'challenged' side again. What is a wishing ball? I love the color, design. Very pretty. It probably stays inside, right?
-garden challenged in every way,
Heidi

o

Oh no. Janine too? I have fallen in with a group of creative people and I am out of my depth.

o

Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 12:22

I'm with Heidi, I've never heard of a wishing ball; what is the purpose/significance? Please, please, please post directions for making these - how great would these be with Christmas giftwrap, am I right here? Janine, that's really pretty; Vina, thanks for sharing!
Shirley!

o

Ellie, yours is going out today. 9405 5036 9930 0178 3130 00
When you said wishing ball I thought of the Magic 8 Ball my friends and I played with. A group of girls sits in a circle and you shake the Magic 8 ball and ask it very important questions like, "Will Paula grow up and marry John?" Then you flip the Magic 8 ball over and it has a brilliant answer like, "maybe" "most definitely" "not sure" or "no way". lol
Does a Wishing Ball also serve as a talking stick? You know--only the one holding the stick can talk in a group.
Can't wait to find out how to make one no matter what!
Heidi

o

I received my swap package today from Katie. It was wonderful! She handmade a creamy yellow soap just for me! She also sent me peridots in the rough. Beautiful! For the seeds,she sent me elderberry seeds which were on my wishlist. She also sent me daylilies! I'm a daylily nut! Lastly a little spider which is sitting down beside me right now & a hand written note.

Thanks so much for the perfect swap package!

Becky

o

Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 20:22

Becky that sounds like a great gift!

Don't forget game#2! Super easy, just email me your wedding anniversary month and year, or your B-day month and year. I've already got Annie, Heidi, and Margo.
The swap is moving along quite nicely, really creative gifts being sent out! And here is a swap update:
Heidi sent
Ellie
Shirley sent
Alana sent and rec'd
Vina sent and rec'd
Jaynine sent and rec'd
Annie rec'd
Katie sent
Becky sent and rec'd
Michelle
Diane
Lisa
Please let me know if I've skipped someone!
Shirley!

o

I'm in Paradise (Paradise, PA) and the hotel has computers so that is great and I thought I would say hello. The weather was great for DC. Some rain today, but not enough to make it difficult. We went on a horse and buggy ride through the Amish country. What fun!
I may not get to post again until after I get home. The wishing ball is beautiful! I didn't get to read all the posts, but I did spot the picture!
Jeanne

o

Nice anniversary packages being sent and received!
Here's the link with instructions for the 'wishing ball' (Kusudama is actually 'medicine ball'). I think it can get confusing, but there are many other sites/videos out there from which to learn. I watched a few of them, believe me. There's some incredible origami out there...good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: origami kusudama instruction

o

Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 21:07

I received my awesome 1st anniversary gift from Becky today! It seemed like a never-ending box o' goodies!! Wow, was it packed. She sent me a all-too-fitting Halloween card poking fun of zombies (aka people without their daily coffee fix!) - - that's us! She also included a very nice note about where she lives. A very fitting box of chocolate pansy candies, to celebrate the 1st anniversary flower, a jar of homemade grape jam, a jar of apple pie jam (YUMMMM - can't wait to try this!), a framed picture of a sailboat on her local Lake Skaneatales, 2 scented cinnamon orange candles, 5 leaf hanging ornaments, and seed packets of Gaillardia Monarch strain, White Snow Agastache, White Star Zinnia, Senorita Zinnia, and Golden King Nasturtium - - all of which are flowers I am just thrilled to have and can't wait to plant next spring! Not only did Becky's box have an anniversary theme, but it was also very autumn themed, which is my favorite time of year! Becky, thank you so much for your generous gift! And I am so glad you enjoyed yours as well. You were a great partner!

Katie

o

Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 21:29

Hi Jeanne, great to hear from you; I LOVE DC, really miss going there. Glad your trip is going well.

Katie, what a great anniversary gift; where did Becky find the chocolate pansies?

And Jaynine, THANK YOU!! Those instructions are really clear and I'm going to sign off now and go experiment!

Well, first, we have Annie, Heidi, Margo and Becky playing in the 2nd game. Everyone else has until Saturday to sign up. Join in, Folks, this is super easy!

Okay, off to experiment!
Shirley!

o
Kusudama Success!

Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 23:15

Whoo Hooo! Check it out! This is not as hard as it looks, while being just as hard as it looks, if that makes any sense. Needs some tweaking, but I really enjoyed this! Thanks Jaynine!

o

hi everyone
I hope my partner is not disapointed with her gift, the instructions said small gift and ONLY 1 pack of seeds, but it seems like most are sending much more. sorry and I hope you do like your gift.
michelle

o

Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 8:05

Michelle, not to worry; that's what I sent and what the swap called for! Did you get a DC#?

I JUST KNEW some of us would have trouble with sending just one pack of seeds!

I tried making an origimi leaf and some other flowers last night. I have some old, ugly Christmas giftwrap that I am going to use for a bouquet of these. Well, just as soon as I can dig it out of the attic!

Have a great day All!
Shirley!

o

Michelle-ditto. I hope Ellie isn't disappointed. It was SO HARD to limit the box to 1 packet of seeds for us seed-a-holics, but I did it! (group hug)
Thanks for the origami link. Looks like so much fun!
Weather is so crazy. A week ago it was 60 mph winds. Sat. it was in the 80s, clear and beautiful. Mon/Tues cloudy/foggy. They are talking snow on Friday (but if you want to be able to lie and not get fired...be a weatherman). ha
Heidi

o

So don't know what this columbine is thinking. It was a new one I planted back in July and it is blooming again. Found it this evening along with a smaller white one. Love it.

I wouldn't even begin to try making those beautiful flowers. I would get too frustrated but do love looking at the ones posted here.

Margo

o

Katie,I'm glad your package got there safe and sound. I'm also glad you liked the package.

The chocolate pansy candies were chocolate candy wrapped in foil with pictures of pansies on them. I got them at a local store called The Vermont Shop. They sell coffee and lots of candy treats.

o

Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 20:21

Beautiful Columbines, Margo!

And Alana, Well Done! Your gift arrived today and your interpretation was just great!

Let's see:
Paper - Large hardback book from her own library about Container planting - perfect for me; I do a lot with containers.
She also recycled the bubbly I sent mine in, as wrapping for the book;
The Color Yellow - Colossal Daffodil bulbs, 5, really good because all my big daffs have disappeared;
Pansies - in the book, along with lots of orange, gold and yellow flowers;
Peridot - 3 Lucky Bamboo shoots - I googled these and yes, they are the right color, if not the gem!
Pearls - Lathyrus latifolius-White Pearl - Perfect! Now I'm really glad I ripped some of my purple ones out! Lots of room for these!
Clock? This was really clever: Clock Jokes!
Here's my favorite: Why did Mary put a clock under her desk? Because she wanted to work over time! Or how about this: If twenty dogs are chasing one cat, what time is it? Twenty to one! They all made me chuckle!
Alana, thank you, thank you and thank you! This was a great anniversary gift! You done good, Girl!

It was 81 here today, supposed to be the same tomorrow. Really enjoying this!
Shirley!

o

Whew! Glad that's over, lol.

o

Good Morning FOTESSERS,

What incredible anniversary gifts are being sent. Talk about creativity!!!

I am out of town for a few days. Margo, I think I am ready to send your way. Well, I better be. I will pack her up on Sunday and send on Monday.

Shirley, this has been so much fun. Lots of experimenting (and failure) in my house over the last couple of weeks!!!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

o

*HUGS* Michelle not to worry!!...I haven't received it yet but I'm sure I will love it :) ...I get more wrapped up in the excitement of sharing than in the cost of the gift anyways and I'm sure I'll love it just fine!

Shirley I do need Lisa's mailing addy...I've sent email to her but if she's returned the email I don't see it in my mail or in my spam even so not sure what's going on there...

Hope all are having a wonderful fall season so far...mine has been extremely busy but going well...it's stressful but it's good stress i guess lol

o

81 degrees?! We woke up to snow here. It's now gone--melted away. The good news it was a wet snow and while there wasn't much of it, we'll take every drop of water we can get. I heard it melting and gurgling down the gutters. You forget some of those great sounds until you haven't heard them in awhile.

Heidi

o

I got Michelle's anniversary package today...it just came in the mail! ... and Michelle you really did worry for nothing as I love it :)

Michelle sent a trinket box with the top of it decorated with paper that has butterfly, bird, and flowers on it and some nasturtium jewel mixed colored seeds that i love...the box is in a green box so that covers the peridot lol...

Also there is a scarf in there that I can't wait for it to get cool enough for me to wear...my oldest daughter fell in love with it too so if I can't find it one day I know it will be around her neck or in her drawer lol ...didn't know if the scarf was for the anniversary or the witch swap as both were sent in same box...however Michelle did a very creative and wonderful job and I love the scarf no matter which swap it is supposed to be for lol

:) and as a side note I just gotta put this altho it may be a bit weird to mention lol...my youngest daughter came home 1 day and told me her friends love our "house smell" as you know someone's clothes can take on the smell of your house or so forth...I never realized I had a "house smell" even tho I'm really glad they liked it instead of didn't like it lol...but I love Michelle's "house smell"...the scarf has a nice smell to it and I can just imagine it's what Michelle's house would smell like if i were to walk into it...so Michelle, whatever the "house smell" is please let me know so I can run out and get some candles, dryer sheets, laundry detergent or whatever it is that you use hahaha...such a weird request I know!

o

Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 18:30

Dianne, I just got a great package from Michelle too, in the MNF swap. She did GREAT!

Also wanted to let ya all know I'm going to be MIA for a few days. I'm nabbing some overtime at work tomorrow and I have an all day photo excursion planned for Saturday. So I will be back on Sunday with a swap roundup and any other news there is. We should be coming to the end of this swap pretty soon. And we stll have until the 31st to send out.
Have a great weekend, everybody!
Shirley!

o

A box arrived today from Heidi and I couldn't figure out why and until I opened it up and the card said "happy FOTESS anniversary". I thought OMG I forgot all about that I had signed up...even had to look to make sure. When I get back tonight from cleaning the office building I will start to work on this. I might be having to do the clean up and the dishes also.

The box contained a beautiful chrochet scarf, garden banner, card and packet of bee balm seeds. Gosh I am so embarrassed about this. Someone needs to knock on my door to remind me since I haven't been in the round robbin for awhile. Still trying to get canning done etc. Please don't tie me to a bush and leave me there. I shall try to get mailed out by tomorrow.

Ellie

o

Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 20:18

Ellie, don't panic, you have until the 31st to mail out!
Shirley!

o

Hi...I'm just checking in and saw that Moonfire needed my mailing address. Sorry...the email must have been spammed out! Anyway, I just emailed it to her - so I hope she receives it OK!

I am sending Micyrey's package tomorrow! : )

Lisa

o

I sent Heidi's package out today. The DC # is 03121430000296274105. I think the post office said monday or tuesday it should be there. So glad this is Friday! I have way more than I can handle right now. Tomorrow is another day and hoping the weather will get better. The weatherman has been saying it's going to get in the 50's but "Baby it's cold outside and I am just as cold inside". I think it's almost time to get out the long john's. Have a great weekend!

Ellie

o

Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 19:40

Hi Everyone, back from a BUSY weekend!

Ellie, we wouldn't tie you to a bush and leave you there - no, really, we wouldn't!

Here's an update on the swap:
Heidi sent
Ellie sent and rec'd
Shirley sent and rec'd
Alana sent and rec'd
Vina sent and rec'd
Jaynine sent and rec'd
Margo sent
Annie rec'd
Katie sent and rec'd
Becky sent and rec'd
Michelle sent to Diane, who rec'd
Diane is mailing to Lisa, now that she has the address!
And Lisa sent to Michelle.
Why do I have the feeling I'm missing someone?

The Games?
Heidi won the FIRST game, the prize will be in the mail soon, I promise!
We had 4 people join in on the 2nd game and of those 4, Margo is the FIRST born and wins that prize; she was the FIRST to marry of the 4, so she wins that prize too! And like Heidi's prize, yours will be in the mail soon, Margo!

I spent all day yesterday, taking pictures at the Phyllis Haehnle Sanctuary and the Waterloo State Recreation area, which is located about an hour from me, up near Chelsea, MI. That area is a staging point for Sandhill Cranes, on their way south. I think that means that they gather in flocks, feed and rest up for the rest of their migration. I saw 100s of these beautiful birds. They were WAY out in the fields, hard to get good shots. I was at one of the roosts at dawn and they were flying out to the fields, right over my head! Awesome, incredible sight! I spent the rest of the day driving around to different fields trying to get good shots - here's one of them!

o

Wow Shirley, I lived in Michigan for years and my family is still there, (my mom and I are bird lovers) and I never knew about this park and the cranes. Great shot too. Neat experience.

Wow, I won both. How cool. Thanks.

Cold and very windy here but it doesn't bother me knowing that the folks in the east are about to get hit with far worse. I have a friend who lives in New Jersey and she left her place this afternoon to a safer place.

Hope we don't have any members in the line of danger. Will be praying for all of those who will be in the storm.

Margo

o

I am home now...I have a package for Margo ready to go...I have the World Series going....pulling for the Giants ...but I wish good luck to the Tiger fans!!

Congratulations to the Winners, Heidi and Margo!

To all those who might be in the way of the storm and her furor...be safe!

Margo, I will post your DC# tomorrow evening. I think I am the last to send out.

Shirley, what a fantastic Saturday....nature and the creatures of the earth, so beautiful!

Bottom of the ninth...Tigers and Giants all tied up at three.....gotta run!

Happy Monday!!

Annie

o

Sun, Oct 28, 12 at 23:32

Margo, I just found out about it a week ago; a co-worker and her husband camp out there every fall. The Cranes should be there till the middle of November.

Annie, my daughter is cheering for the Giants too. And, naturally, everyone at work is cheering for the Tigers! I am always amazed whenever any of the Detroit teams make it this far!

Have a great week!
Shirley!

o

Congratulations to the Giants fans. Our Tigers let us down :( . Not sure what happened.

Thanks Annie, I will let everyone know when I get it.

Things are looking pretty frightening out east. I am praying hard that it settles down and if not, that all these preparations and warnings help save lives.

Happy Monday all. Margo

o

Hello...trying to stay warm and dry on this rainy Monday!
I mailed Michelle's "anniversary" package on Saturday as promised. :)

DC #0310 2640 0000 0348 1288

Lisa

o

Fotess Oct 2012 Swap
Thank you Ellie!
I received a beautiful wallhanging, a paper notepad to make my lists on (how did you know?), a rooster card and 3 kinds of seeds--2 kinds of poppies and Gaillardia Tokajer!!!! I wanted this one! I love Gaillardia!!!!
Thank you so much! Happy Anniversary!

o

Margo, your gift is on the way. I would think it should arrive Wed or Thurs.

DC # 0312 1430 0000 8254 0230

Heidi, very nice gift from Ellie! I have very few regrets in life BUT....I wish I had learned to sew when I was younger. Maybe in my next life...LOL!

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 6:46

Good Morning!
Well, this is becoming a habit: I ate dinner last night and laid down for "just a few minutes" and woke up at 5 this morning! Getting a little silly.

Just had an email from Jeanne; she had some trouble with her flights but is home, a day early!, and safe and sound. I know she'll be posting the November swap when she is all re-couped!

I'll be back later with a swap update, until then, everyone stay safe, warm and dry! Prayers for anyone of us who live on the east coast.

Shirley!

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 13:22

Shirley, that is such a great photo of the sandhill cranes. Aren't they amazing?! Did you get to hear them calling as the large flocks were flying overhead? I just love that!

Congrats, Margo & Heidi on winning the games this month! Whoohoo!

Hope everyone who is affected by Hurricane Sandy continues to stay safe and as comfortable as possible. This is one of the coldest hurricanes I can remember. But the good news about Frankenstorm is that it caused the cancellation of my husband's work trip to Washington DC yesterday. So now that means we get to spend today together, our 2nd wedding anniversary - YAY!!!

Katie

o

Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 16:55

I thought I'd post a little early today, just in case I fall asleep right after dinner, AGAIN!

Here's the swap update:
Heidi sent and rec'd
Ellie sent and rec'd
Shirley sent and rec'd
Alana sent and rec'd
Vina sent and rec'd
Jaynine sent and rec'd
Margo sent
Annie sent and rec'd
Katie sent and rec'd
Becky sent and rec'd
Michelle sent to Diane, who rec'd
Diane is mailing to Lisa,
And Lisa sent to Michelle.
PLEASE let me know if I missed anyone! Diane, did I miss your post?

Katie, I heard them all day long! But it was especially incredible when they were flying out of the roost!
I want to try to get there a little earlier in the month next year, and I'm wondering about spring.
They have sometimes had Whooping Cranes come in at this sanctuary, or I guess just one of them. I would love to get a picture of one of them!
It was a very special, incredible day!

Okay, now I can eat dinner and fall asleep immediately afterward.
Hope everyone on the East Coast is safe, what a terrible storm!
Shirley!

o

Sorry I'm rushing on the deadline...I just mailed out Lisa's box today and the confirmation # is 0311 3260 0000 7254 9432...enjoy and again I'm sorry I'm just making the deadline!

o

I was feeling a bit under the weather so today was a great day to receive my box from Annie. It contained a great celebration for our Fostess anniversary.

Annie had festively decorated the flaps of the box and included a card wishing me a Happy Anniversary. Attached to the card was Chantilly snapdragon. A deep orange so excited to see these growing in my garden next year.
Each item was packaged in an appropriate color for our anniversary.

One package included peanut butter cups and another included a package of cookies and cream Hershey bars. I have been having a hard time staying away from eating more and more. I love chocolate.
Since Annie was in charge of cocktails for our party, she hand crafted a glass by painting a flower motif on it. The stem of the glass in green and then a flower is painted along the glass as though I am actually drinking from a flower. Lovely. It was wrapped in a napkins with clocks on it as well as a drink recipe. Very creative.
She included a stainless steel cultivator for my garden chores.
A microfiber cloth, (yellow)
A fabulous ornament that is a garden tote with garden tools on it. I will remember this swap each time I place it on the tree. Great idea Annie, love it.
Lastly, Annie sent me a hand crafted necklace. This is made from shredded paper and made into beads then painted. Other beads are made from flour, water, and salt with a bit of paper in as well. Very creative and I love it. Painted in hues of green and blues and a light spraying of gold over that. So lovely. The beads are larger but so light. This is her first and I do say she did a great job.

Annie, please email me with exact directions for me or if you know of a website with directions, please send it to me. I would love to try making these.

Annie sent a fantastic box and I am headed to my room to get another candy bar. Helps my headache. Thanks so much Annie.

Margo

o

Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 19:22

Hey Everyone! I've been without electricity since about 10:30; a telephone pole fell over, literally, fell over out in front of our office! Sparks, smoke and all kinds of excitement and then the power went off. I only live 2 blocks from work, so it got me too! Just came back on about a half hour ago. Got a little chilly in here!

Okay, first of all, Ellie! That wall hanging you sent Heidi is beautiful! Did you make it? Really pretty!

And, Annie, what creative interpretations of the theme! Margo, could you post a pic of the glass?

It looks like we'll be wrapping this swap up right on time! Just need to hear from Michelle and Diane, I think, as soon as they receive.

Oh, Happy Halloween, or All Souls Day, or is it All Saints? Could never keep them straight.

Jeanne has posted the November FOTESS swap and it sounds like a great one, as usual! Hope to see lots of our members joining in over there!

Shirley!

o

:) Hi Shirley...I've received and posted above lol ...and I sent today and posted confirmation # ...

Gosh I feel so bad being the last 1 to send out!!!! ...I promise I wasn't slacking...I just got busier than usual this last month...hoping it will slow down for November :)

o

Thu, Nov 1, 12 at 7:44

Morning All!
Diane, you weren't late and someone has to be the last to send out! And I'm sorry I missed your post; so we are just waiting for Michelle and Lisa to receive. I think.

Have a good day, All!
Shirley!

o

Shirley, wow, a telephone pole!!! That would cause some excitement. I hope they check the rest of them to see if the storm weakened more.

I was hoping to put a picture of not only the glass but the necklace as well. Explaining it does not do it justice. I will try to accomplish this later.

Margo

o

Shirley, wow, a telephone pole!!! That would cause some excitement. I hope they check the rest of them to see if the storm weakened more.

I was hoping to put a picture of not only the glass but the necklace as well. Explaining it does not do it justice. I will try to accomplish this later.

Margo

o

hello
I got a very nice package yesterday...but lisa didnt stick to the rules...she sent toooo much.

mint melts(love these)
sented tarts cinder web and country store
beaded necklas
watch for beading
perido ring
garden theme note pad holder
michelle's key key cover
birdhouse walpaper cut outs
and seeds lots of seeds
morning glories pearly gates grandpa ott flying saucers
viola hellen mount
sunflowers evening sun lemon queen mammoth russian
mixed 4 o'clocks

thanks so much, I still feel bad I didnt send as much

michelle

o

Please don't feel bad Michelle...I loved my box!!!...and if you feel bad it takes the fun out of it for you ;) ... I enjoy my box very much and will use everything in it!

o

Margo, I am glad you enjoyed. Tomorrow, I will email you the websites on how to do the beads. I found them via Pinterest. Pinterest...very cool! Shirley (Brittanysgran) turned me on to it. I actually made three or four bead recipes (two flour base and one shredded paper) but only included two of them in your necklace.

And here is the site for the painted wine glass....

http://howtonestforless.com/2012/06/07/painted-flower-wine-glasses/

Shirley, today, November 1, is All Saints Day and tomorrow, November 2, is All Souls Day.....Once again Shirley, this anniversary swap was a blast of fun. Thanks!!

Well it is 8 O'Clock somewhere...I best be getting myself a cocktail...I am a little late tonight!

Happy Friday!

Annie

o

Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 7:26

Thanks for the clarification, Annie! And I'm glad you enjoyed the swap! I did too.

It's turned REALLY cold here. But some of my flowers, ie., zinnias, marigolds, salvias are still blooming!

Heidi and Margo, I haven't forgotten your prizes, hopefully they will go out tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Shirley!

o

dont worry, I had great fun, I'm just playing.
you just cant see me smiling

:)

o

After a long day of work, it was so nice to come home to a BIG box full of goodies. After a solid week of rainy days, this box certainly brought some sunshine into my home!

After opening up to see what Diane sent me, my first thoughts were, "Do we know each other?". Checking her return address again, I know I have never had the pleasure of meeting anyone from Alabama. So, as I took each item out of the box, I began wondering how she could have selected such nice items just for me!

In this fat box were the following items which she creatively tied our swap theme into:

*A baggie full of green candy (yum) and green berry rush Hawaiian punch, and green Mojito Crystal Light (Diane, I immediately unwrapped the caramel apple lollipop!) : )

*A bag of Million Dollar Buttermint Creams. It held 20 pieces when I got it, but I think it's half full now! Can you tell I like candy? : )

*A bag of 40 flavors gourmet jelly beans - love these!

*A pack of Strawberry Fields Tic Tacs.

*A deck of cards with a beautiful floral design.

*A large bag of Wint O Green LifeSavers.

*A green expandable vase - perfect for my desk at work!

*Village Naturals Therapy Mineral Bath Soak for Aches & Pains Relief with a Delicate Bath Pouf... such a nice thought!

*Mandarin Orange Spice Herbal Tea - (I drink tea everyday!)

*A darling 2013 Monthly planner with a floral design.

*A Home Finance Bill Organizer. The cover and every page sports beautiful photographs of flowers and nature.

*The Haul Helper. My husband tried to confiscate this one, but I told him hands off! I relented then when I saw his face of disappointment and said he could borrow it - once in awhile.

*"Lift Your Spirits" wall calendar, which includes a small monthly planner. So colorful with lots of words of inspiration.

*A little yellow canary that I think may be either a wall vase for rooting a plant or a decorative item to put in a planter to keep it moist. Diane, can you let me know?

*A pack of "Dutchman Pipe Vine" seeds! I always wanted to grow these and Diane says I can grow them inside the house and outside, so I am looking forward to starting them.

Thanks a million Diane for your creativity, thoughtfulness and generosity!

o

Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 20:54

Lisa, what a great gift!

Diane, that was a very creative way to interpret the theme!

Well, folks, the Party is over! Many thanks to everyone who made this the best First Anniversary Swap/Party! I loved the varied and totally creative ways everyone used to create their gifts, and the food and drink was great too! Sorry bout the wine!

Hope to see ya all over on the November FOTESS Swap!
Shirley!

o

Hi Lisa :) ...the little bird is to put water in and stick in a pot to keep plants that need extra water good :)...that's what I use mine for anyways...i never thought of it but i suppose you could plant a smaller plant in it and sit it down in a bigger pot with other plants and have a decorative extra...that is a neat idea...i may try that sometime!

o

Received my prizes from Shirley yesterday. Thanks and this was a great swap.

Smitties

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here