Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

NEW: Our Bloomin Friends-Photos

brittneysgran
17 years ago

To become a member of our funny and sometimes wacky group you need to have been a member of gardenweb for 6 months or more and either have traded with someone from the group or set up a trade with someone in the group.

Susie--These are for you..Will keep you in mind next year.

Louisiana Iris Clyde Redmond

Rhett

Hush Money

Yummy

Shirley

Comments (57)

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

What is for certain members?

Tina

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Oh Shirley, those Iris are just georgus!!!! Do they insist on having moisture??? Even at the edge of my pond the ground gets very dry in July and August. Can you grow them from seed? I know they may not look like the parents but that's OK.
    Years ago I did Japanese Iris from seed and was tickled with them. I now have a packet of seed for "northwest" iris but have serious doubts that they will tolerate the heat and drought here in MD. I think they may eventually find their way to Carol's house and I'll just need to visit them once a decade.
    Good job on starting with the new logo Shirley.
    Sassy,your little candy bear is a cutie.
    Beth B

• skohler
    17 years ago

Shirley
    Now that you have just served me with my main
    corse to this oh so lovely graphic dinner : My heart
    Is just pumping so fast right Now I trully Don't know if I can handle the desserts .
    I sent most of my day yesterday searching for
    Louisiana,siberian, tall bearded , & dutch Irises
    as you will see when you check out the up-date
    I have done on my gw page :))

through the 30-40 webs I searched I did not find
    any that you have except maybe la honey star I
    thing it was .
    why is that you think ?? are there just so many like the daylilies ??? is there a "Eureka" listing for them also ??
    Have you full shot's of your garden's in bloom ? I
    Would love to see how you have them planted around your home I just know you must have lots of land for all these beauties :))

You can bet I will be adding each of those to my list
    for my search is on :))

Our logo is "FABULOUS" Thank you ladies for your
    "WONDERFUL" talents .
    very rainy day today maybe show tonight :( & my brothers birthday 60 today :)) so invite them
    over for dinner . Have to get his "CHERRY" pie baked .

Remy sorry your pie didn't turn out but don't give up
    just add more flour next one & yes it helps to
    drain Tomatos & add the sugar,flour, cinn mix, just
    layer then in pie shell to bake :))
    little mix on bottom crust ,few tomato,little mix, ect
    ect till all in the pie tin :))

I made one that turned to paste for there was to
    much flour :( should have known when i took out of the oven it was as heavy as a stone .

well ladies thank you for this wonder group love the pictures hope to see more later in the day.

susie

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susie,
    It's according to the Company you order from as to which ones you find. I order most of mine from a Company in Vancouver, WA. I will look for some pictures of the whole gardens.

Japanese Iris
    Southern Son

Japanese Iris
    Lion King

Japanese Iris
    Harlequinesque

Japanese Iris
    Frilled Enchantment

Japanese Iris
    Freckled Geisha

Japanese Iris
    Frosted Pyramid

Japanese Iris
    Ruby Star

Japanese Iris
    Summer Splash

Japanese Iris
    Edens Harmony

Japanese Iris
    Stranger In Paradise

• mellen
    17 years ago

Shirley, Do you know or have the the name of the iris company handy? Beautiful, absolutely beautiful flowers. Am starting to have an appreciation for irises. Uh-oh! Mary Ellen

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i'm suffering from IRIS ENVY :(

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    Your killing me with all the wonderful photos! : )
    Susie,
    A place that I love to go look at pics is Iris City Gardens, lots of Japanese, Louisianas, etc. I don't know if you went to that site when you were searching. I'll link below.
    It is funny how I messed the pie up. One time I made a cake and forgot to add the eggs! lol. Sometimes I don't know where my mind goes.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris City Gardens

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Ok, these pics are not as good as Shirley's(I do hope Santa brings me a good camera this year!) But they are the few spring bulb photos that I have.

This is a couple of Accents just opening.

This is daffodils with Gary's gargoyle out front.

This is a clump of Barrett Browning starting to open.

And this is some spring bulbs on the side of the porch.

Remy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mellen-I get my irises from Aitkens Salmon Creek Gardens. I will put the link below.

Remy-Iris City Gardens is another good source. Love your daffodils. I got mine planted that you sent this afternoon. Oh I can't wait to see them bloom. I'm ready for Spring already.

Fall pictures
    Dawson my Grandson

Far left(My niece Rena, Dawson, DD Sheila and Me)

Shirley

• skohler
    17 years ago

Shirley wonder pictures thank you for sharing with us
    here in our city it is nickname "dull city".

flat lands so it is great to see color. & your dd dn & gs
    are very adorable but then look at the gene starter :))
    Remy love your daffodills Please save a few for me in the Next fall swap :))))

I hope that my neice will be here today to put in my bulbs for me :)) it is very bright & sunny today but
    also very cold in the 40's.

you ladies have a great weekend will check back again soon.
    susie

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Shirley & Remy those are some beautiful pics! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Earthly...I'm with ya girlfriend! Gotta go check out that site, already checked out Remy's...Alot of good lookin' stuff there too Remy, thanks for posting girls!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Ok girls with your lovely hats , post your pics please, want dh to get to work putting you in group photo 3 more should have gotten their hats this week. along with rats, gotta send a rat to our new gal, so she can join us in nice hot rat stew for the fall. my daughter is gonna cook thanksgiving dinner for the family this year so I get a break, she has two ovens in her kitchen so it is much easier there. klick I hope to get your prize in the mail sat, sorry I am so slow, no car makes it hard to get to po.

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    I love those pics. Your grandson is adorable. That cornicopia is amazing. It must be from a fall festival.
    I didn't have a pic of Pink Charm, but you're going to love it. It is one of my favorites.

Susie,
    I'm sure I'll have some daffodils that need to be dug up next year: )

Sassy,
    I like your halloween signature. I tried to find a nice animation and didn't find anything like that.

Post those hat photos for Carol! I can't wait until the collage is all done. I've got a flower frame waiting for the finished picture.
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Remy-Yes the cornicopia is the largest one I have ever seen. Dolly Parton sure knows how to decorate Dollywood. It was just beautiful. I'm going back at Christmas time to see the lights and shows.

Susie-You are so sweet and say the nicest things. I signed up and became a member on your page. You go girl....What a great idea...

Sassy-I agree that is the cutest halloween sig ever. You find the very best ones it seems.

Carol-Love your halloween sig also. Can't wait to see all of us in our hats. Maybe we should get a picture of our backsides like the ladies above. LOL

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

shirley, just beautiful photos. such a lovely family. you and the daughter could pass for sisters :) what a wonderful fall display. that's got to be the largest cornucopia i have ever seen. i am making one this year for my thanksgiving table - going to make it out of bread. i've already started experimenting and so far, so good (and delicious). of course, it will be nothing that size. heck, we could all sit inside and have dinner in something that large. i love the scenery photos. don't tell me this is your backyard? if so, i'm packing up and moving immediately. your dawson is just so precious.

now my turn :) (i couldn't figure out which one of each to post, so i posted both)

{{gwi:1305612}}

{{gwi:1305613}}

it's such another drab day here today, non-stop rain and the winds are really picking up. good day to (thing about) doing housework.

be well all, happy saturday
    maryanne

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Awwe, Maryanne! What a beautiful bundle of joy! I just want to reach in this screen and get me some sugar! I just couldn't pick one for anything, they are all adorable! I just adore the little halloween outfit, but the bed of roses is just awesome! Lucky you!

I emailed Carol, but think I forgot to post that I received my hat and my rat! What a great job she did on the hat, I just love it! Carol, going shortly to borrow my moms digital, something is wrong with mine and its driving me nuts! But I'll get it posted for better or worse..

Shirley, I have googled Atkins Salmon Creek Gardens forever and get everything but for some reason, would you mind posting a link to it for us?

Remy I'm looking for my psp discs and I will make you a siggy! Glad you all like them! I just think they add a little fun into the mix. And I love making them when I have time.

Gonna try to get some housework done, since Maryanne is, lol! Hopefully when I check back you girls will have more pics! I just don't have anything beautiful enough to come close to these!

Maybe you girls will like this one:))
    Sassy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sassy-Oh my goodness girl I love that. That has to be the cutest thing ever. I have giggled and giggled. I have got to save that and show it to my DD. I meant to give the link before but forgot it. Will do it this time.

Maryanne-I love all the pictures but the first two are my favorites. I could eat that little doll up. I love them at that age. Wish I lived close I would help spoil that little angel. No it's not my backyard we took a trip on Sunday to see the leaves before they all fell.

Had to show these halloween pictures. Dawson won first place in the cutest halloween costume contest. His Mom had to dress up also. Everyone in town was taking pictures of them. A group showed up as the characters in the wizard of oz. My they really did a good job on their costumes. It came out kinda dark and it's hard to see the Tin Man and the baby was dressed as Toto the dog.

{{gwi:1305615}}

{{gwi:1302834}}

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is the link for the irises.

www.flowerfantasy.net

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    Those pics are great! I like them all, but I think I'm partial to the roses: )

Sassy,
    That cartoon is hilarious!
    I would love it if you made one for me.

Shirley,
    Love the pics. It is great that Dawson won! That other group was cute, especially making the baby Toto!
    Remy

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Where did you all go???

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    You are killing me here, Why O Why did I have to click on this thread, When will the Iris place be ready for 2007 orders?

Great pics everyone:)Anita

• skohler
    17 years ago

I would like to know where the hat modles are :))
    carol who all got their hats & have not possted yet ????

I want to see their hats :)) Happy NOV everyone :))
    susie

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HAPPY NOVEMBER TO YOU MISS SUSIE.
    I made the cat litter cake and it went over great.
    These crazy guys who are the comedians of the crowd
    said "Who let the cat in?" and the other one said
    "I bet that cake tastes like crap". We did have a great
    time the Barn where we had the Fall Festival was nicer than some homes. The lady has all of it for sale, she's asking 2 1/2 million for it. Wish I could buy something like that, too bad I'm so poor.

Hi Anita-So great to see you on all the posts again. The company does not ship their irises until late August and September. We do have a trade pending and I will have lots for trading next year. LMK

Sassy-Another cute siggy. Love those little fellows.

Hope everyone posts their kids in their halloween costumes.
    I know everyone would love to see them..

Off to lunch....Bye

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Hey, I want to come out and play! May I join?

LIFE IS GOOD
    Annie

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

I love Halloween! My all-time favorite holiday (next is Thanksgiving, yum-yum)

I didn't take many photos this year but here's the kids in their costumes:

My oldest was The Corpse Bride

Emma was a flower fairy, probably because I was so obsessed with their fairy garden this summer :)

And this pretty much sums up the rest of the night!

Julie, Lauryn, and Emma

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

P.S.

I also made the kitty litter cake for DH to take to work. He said everyone ate it all up. I think it would make a good dessert for Aprils Fool's day!

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Welcome back Shirley, you have been missed. Ragedy e-mail me for info on joining our group please. I love all the kiddy pics, I think all lillte girls want to be a princess, then they turn into teenagers and go goth. here is a pic of my perennial sun flower and my pineapple sage just getting ready to bloom 2 days ago then freeze hit and it is a lovely brown now {{gwi:1305625}}
    {{gwi:1305627}}

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Great pictures everyone!

Here is my 5 year old on Halloween:

{{gwi:1305628}}

And my baby who will be 1 tomorrow:

{{gwi:1305630}}

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

You all have such cute children and grandbabies.Its so much fun to see everyone dressed up for halloween : )

I really have been enjoying all the wonderful scenery and flower pis too and ya gotta love Sassys bumpin'frog : )

Brrrr It got down to 16 degrees here last night.I guess I better get the last beds ready for winter.Blahhhhhh!!!

Have a Great Day Everyone : )
    Nancy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Love all the pictures.
    Julie-Your girls are beautiful. They all are always so excited about their candy stash.

Jennell-Your kids are beautiful also. Love the one year olds costume....what a face, just darling.

Nancy-Whew 16 is wayyyyyy to cold. Keep it there don't want those temps here.

Carol-Hate the frost got your plants but it is inevitable sooner or later.

Annie-Be sure and e-mail Carol to join the group. I will vouch for you, or Anita, Carol, Mellem, Maryanne. & Susie can also. Several of us over here in this group as well as our TD group.

I found Lowe's bulbs 50% off yesterday. Ours still had lots of tulips and hyacinths....

Shirley

• skohler
    17 years ago

I 'm so happy this cake turned out so well for everyone
    I'm going to make it for my fathers 94th birthday in
    january :)) it will be quite a shock WHAT NO PIE????
    the kids are planning to be here as long as the weather is not bad .
    we have 2-3 " of new snow this morning & it is still snowing had to go to town early this AM & got home about 9:30 when we already had over an inch :( Good thing I bought new boots :)

I'm hoping my sister send me the pictures of my great neices & their costumes for they now live in Tennessee
    & I don't get to see them as often no more :(( sure miss them .

all these kids are just the cutest & just love the costumes :)) back years ago we was lucky if we could wear our mothers sudays best :)) dress :))) .

well must go check out the rest of the threads :))
    great day to all .
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

The kids are all so adorable! Happy 1st Birthday to your baby Jenell.

I saved the recipe for the Kitty Litter cake to use at a later date. It is good to hear people actually ate it, lol.

Carol,
    My Sunchokes looked like yours until the snow storm: (

Shirley,
    You bought more bulbs?! I work next to a Lowes, but I have controled the urge to stop in. I planted so many already. Then a good local nursery sent out a flier for buy one get one free. They probably didn't sell as much becasue of the awful weather we had. I must control myself, lol.
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Remy-Yes I bought some to plant at work, my Mom's, and at Church. You think you have alot but when you get to planting you are always short. I like to plant them really close together, they look so nice.

Susie-Your Dad's 94th B-day - what day in January? My DD's is the 6th and my GD's is the 4th of January.

Shirley

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Thankyou everyone for posting all the little ones pics, they are all cuties. Remy, someone gave me a root of the yellow plant and called it perennial sunflower, I have sunchokes in my back yard and roots are different, so don't think it is a chokie. I need you ladies with hats to post your pics, I lost track of who has them but think it is angel, earthly, tina, debby, squanzon for sure. I have 6 here and am short 8 Sassy has hers also If anyone sees the blank visors for sale please pick up 8 let me know the cost I will send it plus shipping as they aren't selling them here anymore. help. thankyou to everyone volunteering to help make a couple of emergency boxes. Shirley please let me know if you got the word that sandlapper is your little sis, first to post is the big sis per origial rules. hugs to all

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Carol - I have my hat but no pic yet. DD lost camera so we had to get her a new one. She takes it everywhere with her so it's never here when I see a post reminding me to take pic! Our WalMart was carrying the visors - don't know if they have any left or not = they carry them in the spring and summer in the craft section. I will check tomorrow when I go for cleaning supplies and let you know.
    ~Kimberly

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi everyone. great pictures.

janell, your girls are just so adorable.

carol, that purple trim makes me want to side my house in that color. it might annoy my neighbors, but i could certainly live with it. just would have to pick an accent color for trim and whatnot.

julie, your girls are so precious. i just love the pic in the bag, that's a great one!

shirley, what a cutie pie dawson is. looks like a fun day. i just love those wizard of oz characters as well. thanks for sharing.

our lowe's had NO bulbs on sale.

be well everyone,
    maryanne

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Earthly post your pic please, glad you like my trim it is not purple I took a pansy into lowes to match the color it is berry. dh says color is beautiful, why not enjoy it instead of painting a house white or grey, I was worried but now I love it. Greg says pa is miserably humid, so can't move there, your gonna have to move here. Angel and Sassy maybe deb post pics please, I want dh to put you inthe group photo its been raining for 7 days, I am molding again. they are forcasting 10 more days of it.

• veeja11
    17 years ago

bump

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi ladies
    Have been searching for container plants for my deck this next spring ,summer :)) to fall anyway any one have a small shrub ?

myrtus communis "myrtle"

{{gwi:1305631}}

I have a very large container I would like to plant one of these into , I know I will have to bring inside for the winter but thats ok :)) I'll move dads tv to the dinning room :)))

or maybe someone might have better idea :))
    going to try to do many contain around the deck this next year . all ideas excepted :)))
    susie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Thought Tiyli was in false labor, I had due date as 17th but we have 2 so far, whiny little pups. gonna have to take them in mon or tue to get their tails done. don't know if she is done. two is good she should be able to care for them so I won't have to bottle feed. my old female always seemed to have 1 or 2 more than she could care for, of course she had them on my seat on the couch. after one she went to have #2 under the dining room table, where she is now. congratulations are in order this is a planned litter. hugs

• veeja11
    17 years ago

here they are all two of them{{gwi:1305632}}

• skohler
    17 years ago

CONGRATS GRAMMA VEE :))) OH So Cute.

sunny & 40's today so will find something fun to do
    :)) Have a great day to all
    susie

• micke
    17 years ago

this is what we did today, mom is trying to get some of her ponies sold for x-mas ponies, think this will help sell them?
    {{gwi:1305559}}
    {{gwi:1305560}}
    {{gwi:1305561}}
    {{gwi:1305562}}

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Carol,
    Congratulations! Is this your dogs first puppies? She has this look like "What have I done?" lol.
    I didn't realize there was another kind of perennial sunflower that got as big as the sunchokes!

Where are all the visor pics?!!

Michelle,
    The pics are nice, just wish they were bigger. Christmas Ponies? People buy them for Christmas? Why not I guess, lol.

Susie,
    The Red Leaf Hibiscus cuttings that I brought in for winter rooted, so unless I kill them between now and spring, you can have one. I had my plant in the ground, but a local GW friend bought one from the botanical garden also this spring and she grew it in a pot. It did very well.
    Remy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Micke,Those ponies are so adorable.They will make some children very happy Christmas morning. I always wanted one growing up.I'd ask for one every year.All I got was a stick horse.

Carol,Congrats Grandma!!Your puppies are so sweet.

Susie,I will have to put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with something for your container.

Remy..I'm with you..I am dying to see the girls in their visors : )

Have a Great Night Everyone!
    Nancy

• skohler
    17 years ago

VISOR PICTURES !!!! VISOR PICTURES !!!! Come on gals
    give UM Up :))) Carol Can still get the HOUNDS
    After you**** BABIES OR NOT :))
    Nancy : please do put on your thinking cap I want to do about 15-20 container plants . I have 2 old wash tubs, 2 wooden barrels ,

have many huge planters that I have picked up at garage sales this pass summer & would like to find plants that I can winter sow in these & they will just pop up in the spring .
    All Idea excepted :)))

well I have to go fix supper for my
    sister in town she's not feeling well tonight
    so you all have a great night ladies & I will try to
    check back in later .

susie

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Carol Vee, Congratulations Grannie. Cute little buggars aren't they? Your visors went into the mail today.
    Now on to big dogs... anybody have any recomendations of books or websites on training tips for older dogs. Especially ones that have been starved and or traumatized. I read two general books on dog training and one on "Shelter dogs", neither has given me any insight.
    Gracie seems to do well outside on her leash, walking or playing, but inside she needs to be in her crate or she is hyper as a two year old. She pants and snorts and paces. If I try to make her stay alongside of me(inside) she keeps hitting my arm with the side of her head. She does not bite but she hits me hard enough with her teeth to bruise my arm.
    I know she is not as difficult as Maryanne's babies but she is making me a bit crazy. Obviously she has never been kept inside except at the vets and at the shelter where she was in a cage. Suggestions,ideas,comments please????? I'm in the boonies so obviously no Dog whisperers here.
    Raggedy Anne, glad to see you have joined the group and so sorry to hear about your sister. Hope the next news is better.

• skohler
    17 years ago

WELL I would say gracie is trying to get you to play & to take part into an active life style :))
    I have a cat that is 14yrs old(NEIGHBORS) now & she acts like a kitten & I also Have a younger male cat (Neighbors ) That acts like an old man sleeps 24/7 when he don't want out !!!! think he has a growing problem latly :))

anyway animals are much like the human race the older we get we want to do something so we don't grow old with pain stifness ya know , so she is trying to get you out of
    a rutine you have been in before getting her .

she don't want to sit in a chair read a book or play on the computor or cleanhouse, she is ready for you to pay tention to her & get out of your old habits .

it will take time for her to understand your ways , Dogs
    are much like kids you tell them to go play or go lay down that is rejection & feelings are hurt they don't understand that we have house work or other duties so it is up to us as we are the ones that bring them into our homes to care for to treat them with love & take time
    retraining them to our life style it will take awhile .
    just don't give up if you really care :))

I think it great when other adopt these dogs Me I'm to old to teach a dog new tricks ,I'm still in the learning stages :))))

Hey girls best of luck with your new friends , & either way just know that they will teach you a few things also in life .

hugs to all
    susie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

As an ex humane society manager, I found just love is the best, I had dogs that ran away from home and came to the shelter, one named dingo recognized me downtown and jumped in my car, if you have a fenced yard a doggie door is good it gives them their choice of inside or out, sounds like she is wanting attention, my tiyli does that when I am on the computer. ladies I need your pics in your hats or I won't make more if everyone is embarrased to wear them, bad ladies. I need pics angel, earthly, sassy, jules, deb and whoever else has them post pics or hurt my feelings. hugs

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Carol I have to apologize to you. I did borrow my Mother's camera, because mine died on me, but unfortunately no one was ever around to take the pic for me so I tried to take i myself, lol, it was horrible, just werent happinin! I promise I'll get my daughter to take one for me.

I want some more pics of that beautiful baby!!! Lol, I'm going to have a granddaughter! Due in March,sooooooooooo excited!

Hope all you girls have a wonderful Thanksgiving with all of your family!

My turkey got lucky! He got away! LOL