Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

NEW: christmas stocking swap

Michelle Reynolds
17 years ago

I would like to start a new swap, let me know what you think.

1.Everyone sends a stocking, home-made or store bought. standared size not small ones or giant ones.

2. Send seeds for swaping, please no more than three of any one kind, veggies, flowers and trees ok

3. you may include small gifts, notepads, pens, small calenders, candy that wont melt(not home made please)

plant markers and so on. just not too big or too heavy.

all gifts and seeds will be sorted and put in a stocking, each persone will get a diffrent stocking full of the same # of seeds they sent and some small gifts and candy(please send me info of alergies to food)

and I would like all stockings in by nov. 30th.

If you want delivery confermation please send the .60 for it and I will post conf.#s I will leave it up each person if they want it. we all take our own chances once the packages leave our hands.

let me know michelle

Comments (59)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    don't worry laura we'll do the swap with however many people we get, with askewgardens(welcome) we are up to 7 players plus me. with my 1st swap we only had 8 and we did great.
    but everyone is welcome sign-ups go till nov. 20th
    thanks michelle

• snyder
    17 years ago

I would like to join this please. Ann

• katrun
    17 years ago

Greetings! I would like to join in on the fun. Can you please tell me the Size of the Stocking. I just want to make sure its correct. This is my first time doing a Round Robin. Do I fill my stocking and mail it to you, then you will mail it to the correct person after inspection, or do you make the stocking after you recieved all of the seeds and items and then mail them out?
    Thanks Kathryn

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    welcome katrun and snyder, we now have 9 players. I think I sent my address to everyone but if you have not receved it please let me know.
    thanks michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi
    just wanted to bump this up.
    come on this will be fun, you'll get seeds, gifts, and candy in a cool new christmas sticking.
    michelle

• llbean
    17 years ago

Michelle~
    HI .. I sent my box yesterday,. I have confirmation on it but I forgot my 1.00 for confirmation back, I will mail it to you unless you have paypal?
    Laura

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    I got llbean's package, got some great stuff in it, but there is not any return postage in the package. I forgot to post that you all need to send return postage for your package. I wish I could affored to pay for it but I can't. so everyone please put postage (cash is fine since some may take too many stamps to deal with) in your package. Llbean please send $5 for postage this will cover delivery conf#.
    thanks michelle
    ps I have been gathering goodies for everyone stockings and this will be great.

• askewgardens
    17 years ago

Hi, I didn't get your address...

• katrun
    17 years ago

Michelle, I have some nice seeds and small gifts . I just got my stocking. I had to wait for my seeds to arrive I will be mailing it Monday!- Katrun

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi
    we have 8 more days for sign ups,
    come on the more the merrier.
    michelle

• llbean
    17 years ago

Michelle~
    Do you have paypal that I can send you the money for the mailout stocking and confirmation>
    Laura

• prairiewinds
    17 years ago

I'm in. Just let me know your address. Thanks!

• katrun
    17 years ago

Michelle, I sent the package out today.
    Con 0306 1070 0005 3415 7666
    I am mailing the Postage out Tue. Please EMAIL me and let me know that you recieved them both when the arrive!
    Thanks- Kathryn

We have 9 players right?

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks for letting me know the package is on the way kathryn, with me, we now have 11 players.
    ooo this is so much fun, askew_gardens box came today, packed with many goodies in side.
    thanks michelle

• galium
    17 years ago

I'm really falling behind.... Hope to mail my stocking out next week michelle. I just cut it out today.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

don't worry galium there is still plenty of time, and still 5 days for sign-ups
    I'm still doing finishing touches on my stockings,
    and I have been putting together lots of gifts.
    michelle

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Michelle, I'd like to play on this but my person will definately be getting a store bought stocking. Hope that's OK but I still have the stocking I started for my grandaughter's first Christmas. She's in college now. I'd need to finish that one before I could start this one. LOL
    Beth B

• katrun
    17 years ago

Michelle. I just mailed out your envelope yesterday with the postage. Sorry, ran out of stamps. what do think about the goodies I sent?- Kathryn

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    welcome beth it's great to have you.
    katrun I got your box today and I love all the gifts and great seeds.
    so we have 11 players plus me
    I have 3 swaps in already
    thanks michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    sign-ups will be closed as of monday morning. if someone still wants to join, let me know, and if it is not too late there will be no problem.
    I finished my stockings this weekend.
    let me know if you have a favorite candy, or other goodies.
    thanks michelle

• galium
    17 years ago

michelle, I can't believe this... I've been sewing since I was 13 yo. So I thought heck I can make a stocking without a pattern. When I finished it the thing was so narrow I could barely get my fist in there. Off I went to Rag Shop and bought a stocking.... Mail it out on Wednesday. LOL
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi
    I understand, I have some cheep stockings I have used for the past few years as patterns.
    michelle

• galium
    17 years ago

Michelle,
    My box went out today. I sent it Priority with a Conformation#. Obviously you don't have to send it back Priority. Just wanted to make sure you get it in time.
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I sent my stocking out today. Please let me know when you receive it. I used delivery confirmation but it may take a while because of the holiday.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    I got galiums box today, soo many goodies.
    thanks michelle
    ps thanks for the little gift

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Michelle, the stocking is boxed up and ready to go ,,,but... now I can't locate your address. Could you please send it again?? Thanks so much.
    BB

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    I got squanzon and prairiewinds stockings,
    we now have 6 in and 5 to go.
    llbean I still need some postage for your package.
    michelle

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Michelle, I mailed the box on Tuesday. Hope it arrives today or tomorrow.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    things will be a little stalled here for a few days, the storm last night shut things down, there was no mail delivery today and no trucks in or out of town.
    I think there will be mail tomarrow but maybe not till monday. we got about 2" of ice and 14" of snow. we don't usualy get more than 5" here.
    I'll post when the rest of the boxes get here.
    it is so wierd I have a bunch of raised beds in the back, but with all the snow the yard is completly flat.
    good luck to everyone elce in the path of the storm
    stay frosty
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    I got boxes from beth,sweetkitten, and ann snyder. rita I could not find any money in your box for return shipping, are you sending it seperatly? or did you forget to put it in.
    I'm still waiting for dparker,and cassiet. are the boxes on the way?
    I have started sorting and have the boxes addressed, I am hoping to be able to pack and ship the boxes tuesday or wendsday of next week.
    I still need postage from llbean too.
    thanks michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    I never heard from dparker, cassiet, or llbean so I went ahead and sent the packages today.
    the ones I sent are:
    sweetkitten51 0408 5010 4110 2401 8346
    galium 0408 5010 4110 2401 8322
    squanzon 0408 5010 4110 2401 8360
    askew_gardens 0408 5010 4110 2401 8353
    katrun 0408 5010 4110 2401 8384
    snyder 0408 5010 4110 2401 8315
    prairiewinds 0408 5010 4110 2401 8339
    beth b kodiak 0408 5010 4110 2401 8308

I hope all the stockings find their homes, some were sent priority becouse it only cost $.10 more, some will get home quicker so don't get upset if it takes longer for some
    I hope you all fine something in your stocking you like.
    this was so much fun, thanks to all of you
    michelle

• llbean
    17 years ago

Michelle~
    Sent out your postage today.. Please let me know when it arrives..
    Laura

• galium
    17 years ago

Michelle you're a peach. I can't wait to get my stocking.
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Thanks Michelle for all your hard work!

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

I got my stocking today!!!
    It is a red fleece stocking with puppies on it.
    With a green glass,a pack of Algelic white cocoa mix,a red,white & blue glass-bead necklace,plant markers,party napkins,2 snowmen tree ornaments, 2 little gift bags,a snowman key keeper,a bar of Arizona Soap,and 2 bottles of hand creams,candy and bells,and lots of seeds.This is so much fun!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!!!

• sweetkitten51
    17 years ago

I forgot to mention the great cookie press(which I'm getting ready to use.),a pair of black Christmas socks(which I'll have to garded from my 11 yr. old niece) and a sheet of Winter Wonderland stickers(great for scrapbooking).

• snyder
    17 years ago

I receivced a beautiful christmas stocking. It was green and red velvet with Santa appliquied on it inside I found the following 19 packages of seeds, a santa glass which my grandaughter will love ,a mini caculator, jingle bell earrings, a package of cards,some candy,a christmas key chain,3 mini pens , different colors,a puzzle, a pkg of self stick notes and pretty floral writing pad and some baggies for seed and labels. Thank you very much Michele. This had to be a lot of work for you but it was fun. Thanks for every thing. Ann

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

No stocking at the Post Office today. Maybe tomorrow. I plan to put some of my stuffed animals in it when it arrives and hang it on the front door.
    So far I have done no decorating at all. With no snow I can't get feeling very Christmasy. In Alaska I wanted to decorate whenever the first snow fell. How do you do it if you live in Florida???

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    I'm glade to see some stockings have found there way home already, they got there fast becouse they were only a few hundred miles away.
    I know what you mean beth, about the snow getting you in the christmas mood. I grew up in souther calif. and lived there till I was 27. thats when I moved to the mid west, and had my 1st white christmas. the 15" of white stuff last week was the most snow I have ever seen, and thanks to the cold temps most of it is still here.
    llbean since you have the postage in the mail I sent you stocking today, I'll post the DC# tomarrow, it is in the other room and I don't want to wake up the boys.
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    llbean I got you postage, thanks for the beautiful card.
    let me know when you get your stocking
    michelle

• galium
    17 years ago

Yea, I received my stocking today. It was just like Christmas morning.
    My stocking is red and green with bells on it.
    Inside was the following:
    lots of seeds, pumpkin, corn, grasses and some flowers
    2 different sizes of zip lock bags for seeds
    a magnetic memo pad (I love these)
    cute Christmas earrings with bells and bows
    2 bars of specialty soap
    key chain with a calculator on it
    a stuffed gingerbread man tree ornament
    bubble bath
    shower gel
    a Christmas key chain
    metal labels (can't ever have enough of these)
    colorful mini pens
    sample packet of "Gardner's Hand Healer" from Bath and Body
    candy
    a Christmas cup
    a cinnamon stick
    Last but not least there were some bells in the stocking and box. It's fun to open a box that jingles..
    Thanks Michelle you did a great job organizing this swap. Do I owe you any more money for postage???

Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    don't worry mariann or anyone else about the postage it's my problem, I just had to stuff as much as possible in the stockings.
    michelle

• askewgardens
    17 years ago

I got my stocking today! What fun! It was full of goodies and some very cool seeds and bulbs/tubers. I especially like the cherry andes chocolate :) I wanted to try those but didn't want to buy a bag. (read EAT a bag, since it would be just me eating them!) There were lots of GREAT things too many to list, so thanks everyone! Thanks Michelle for being so thoughtful, I can see that you checked our lists and gave some thought as to what to send to whom.

• askewgardens
    17 years ago

I forgot to mention that I got a great handmade stocking made from snowman fabric :) Someone put in a lot of time, more than me I just decorated mine.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I received the most gorgeous stocking yesterday - blue with teddy bears and trimmed in gold! It was filled with really wonderful stuff, some great seeds, two different packages of pens, that wonderful Andes Cherry Chocolates(yum!) and other candies, cute pot decors, binder clips (I need!), notepad, pretty bracelet, and a wonderful mini gardening encyclopedia - how wonderful and some other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. Thanks so much for a wonderful swap, Michelle!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I got a beautiful Gold and ivory and print stocking. I really like the colors. Very nice work and it is hanging on my door. I'll try to post a photo tomorrow.
    Lots and lots of goodies packed inside I especially appreciate the seeds for pumpkins, gourds and the mini Indial corn. I had planned for a large area of that sort of thing for next summer. This will be a nice variety to get me started.
    Thanks so much for hostng and to all who participated.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I got a couple pictures yesterday. Here is my swap stocking with some of my "

stuffies" in it.
    The sun shines on this door and really makes things sparkle.
    Thanks again Michelle.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hello
    I checked the USPS tracking and it showes that the last two stockings have been delivered. phew!! I was a little scared one or heaven forbid more than one might fall into the package black hole. love the stuffies beth esp. the frog, I love frogs. I had two I raised from tadpoles in '05' and put them in my water garden last spring. this fall when I was cleaning I found one frog was still there. I put him back in my frog tank for the winter, lucky frog.
    I look forward to doing this swap again next year.
    thanks for all the gifts and seeds and great thoughts
    have a great christmas everyone
    michelle

• llbean
    17 years ago

Michelle~
    I got my Stocking and WOW.
    Thanks to everyone.
    I got the cutest green adn red stocking with beaded stars and jungle bells on it.
    I also received:
    A christmas cup
    Mini pens
    note pads (can't get enough of those)
    Snowman Christmas ornament
    Butterfly stickers
    book mark
    Plant Labels
    Seed bags and labels
    Christmas give away bags
    Bookmark
    Christmas bracelet
    Seeds:
    Gaillardia Dazzler
    Dames Rocket
    Nicotinia Tinkerbell
    Hibiscus
    Hollyhocks
    ConeFlower
    Indian Corn
    Apple Gourd (excited about this)
    Rose of Sharon
    Varigated Cat tail (whoever sent this, have you grown this from seed? and if so HELP)
    A cute little watercan tin.

Thanks so much Michele, Thanks so much to everyone in the swap too..
    Merry Christmas
    Ps Michelle Do you need more postage?
    Laura

• askewgardens
    17 years ago

Just wanted to add a note thanking someone for the rozetta amaryllis! I looked it up and it's (going to be) lovely!