Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jselwa

new: new: flowering annuals & grass swap

jselwa
17 years ago

I'd like to step up and host a new round robin for annual flowers & ornamental grasses (these may be perennial). Here's the scoop!

1. This round robin will be limited to 18 participants. I will need your name and email address, along with snail mail address, emailed to me on sign-up (I will not release your information to anyone). This allows me to be organized and prompt in getting envelopes mailed back out to you as quickly as possible.

2. In your package, please include your name and GW user ID, want list, seeds labeled and year if available, return address label and stamps for return postage, plus one extra stamp for bonus inserts. I will reuse the same envelope you send to me and mail it back to you. If you wish to send extras or bonuses, please feel free to do so! I will be adding in a couple of bonuses of my own to everyone's package. You can send as many packages as you wish, but no more than three of one variety. You will get back as many packages as you mail to me. I will try to fill wants where I can - it will depend on what is sent in for trade.

3. I will take sign-ups until November 12 or we hit 18 participants, whichever comes first. Deadline for mailing seeds will be November 15, so I can turn these around and get them back out to you before Thansgiving.

**I will be out of town and unable to access email from November 3-6.

I look forward to meeting many of my new GW friends! Thank you for participating! - Jenifer

Comments (13)

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Jenifer,

I would like to join this swap. I will email my information to you shortly. Thanks! - Lisa

• candycow
    17 years ago

ill sign up too

• galium
    17 years ago

Hi Jenifer,
    I'd like to join in. Sent you an email.

• millybug
    17 years ago

Hey Jenifer,
    would love to join in.

Mildred
    Millybug

• rudybacon
    17 years ago

I want to join too. Sending you an email as soon as I organize my seeds.

Kathy

• evilei
    17 years ago

Hello! Please sign me up too! Thanks.
    Eileen

• jselwa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you to all for being patient while I was out of town. I have just sent out a confirmation email. I am currently at six participants. Candycow, I will need your email address as well as your postal address - please email me privately. I still have room for 12 more participants, so feel free to join in! Thanks! - Jenifer

• evilei
    17 years ago

Hi Jenifer,
    I tried to get to the post office today before 12:00, and did actually but they were closed. Bad enough they have such stinky hours but then they had the nerve to close early on a Saturday! Ugh. Anyway I'll get my package in the mail on monday.

This is only my second year trading seeds so I'm a bit of a novice. Just wondering on grass seeds, I put about three little heads of the bunny tails grass in each bag, is that good?

Also I have some other taller perennial grasses the have big fronds do I just pull it all away from the main stem and shove some in a bag?

Thanks.
    Eileen

• galium
    17 years ago

Hi Jenifer,
    Mailed my seeds out to you this morning. Looking forward to seeing what I get back.
    Mariann

• jselwa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I want to see if there is anyone else interested in joining this swap - small but intimate! We have seven participants on the list. Please email me asap if you want in!

• millybug
    17 years ago

Hey Jenifer,
    My package is on the way.
    Mailed it this morning.
    Thank you again for hosting.
    Mildred

• jselwa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi gals! I got everyone's package but Candy's. As soon as I get hers, I'll get these all mixed up and mailed right back. Eileen, thanks so much for the extras!! That was so sweet! And what a great variety you guys sent! A couple I've never even heard of! I think I will be able to fill at least a few of the wish list items! I'll post an update as soon as Candy's package arrives and get these back in the mail to you hopefully before the holiday. Thanks again for making my first swap host a load of fun! - Jenifer.

• candycow
    17 years ago

im sorry i tottally forgot about this just go ahead without me