Sassybutterfly/Wendy - rec'd

Dieg01991/Amy -

Raggedyann/Annie

Margaret_2007

Debbya

ejmoore/Joan -

Pat_6 -

Vic_zn5 -

Wendy, that is a wonderful box! I love the garden design book and the letter, what a thoughtful thing to do!

And, I haven't forgoten your prize box! It will get to you : )

Pat, you did a great job on the box!

Tracy, I hope your yard dries up fast for you! Yes, Zack is here "helping" me as I type! lol

Comments (51)

• sassyd
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks so much Vic:) It was driving me nuts, lol. Like that takes alot:( That was a great box Pat! I hope Zack is enjoying your snow Vic, wow, that was alot of snow. We were in the 80's today and supposed to have 60's tommorrow. Tommorrow is our annual Loris Bog off Festival. (Chicken bog for those that don't know) Its always an entire day, rides for the kids, chicken bog contest for the years winner, lots of activities, dunking booth for the fire department, I always love to get to dunk Jerry, lol. I'm not familar with this person but hes supposed to sing, Lee Brice, then fireworks! I'll have to say they always have awesome fireworks! My favorite part..........funnel cake! Oh how I love it! hummmm

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tracy dear, I KNEW YOU would find my unlit stove quite hilarious. I also knew you would be rotfl too...lol.
    At least my tea was done...hehe.

Wow, Wendy that sweets "book" sounds wonderful. I want one...hehe
    What a wonderful box to have received, sorry about your car. That just sucks. I couldn't imagine hitting someone's car and driving off either, but when I was going going to school for on campus classes I came out one day and someone had backed into the passenger side back quarter panel starting right behind my back tire and ran all the way down and actually kind of around the bumper too. I KNOW they KNEW they did it. There was no way to hit a car like that and NOT know you did it and they just drove off. My car at the time was only 3 years old. I was SOOOOO ticked! I got dings in 3 of 4 doors, it is amazing how rude people are with others vehicles! I understand how you feel knowing they didn't have the common decency to let you know they damaged your property!

TY Vic for starting a new thread. I can't stand reading those messed up threads either. So how IS your 'training' going? I hope you get the job girlfriend. And EWWW on the messy driveway, hopefully the man and the tractor will come out and smooth it back out. I understand about the muddy mess, where we used to live had a LONG red mud driveway, when it rained it would gouge out HUGH ruts, if it was a BAD gully washer it did just that. Washed out GULLIES in the drive, we finally started hauling in large rocks ourselves to fill in some of the HUGH holes. Then finally the landlord actually purchased some of the big quarry rocks and put in some of the places. It helped but it didn't stop it from being a mud-red muddy mess when it rained. Yes, I feel your pain on the driveway mess!

HEY SASSY!!! How are you? Good I hope?

Pat that was really sweet of you to send Wendy just what she needed as a pick me up! You did an awesome job on your box!

Hey Annie!!! I am glad you liked your tag. I hoped you would :)

:) Fran

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I have to add another HURRAH to Pat, I was looking more closely at the cute lil black cat.. and it's on a 'pumpkin' not just a wagon.. AND it says 'HANDMADE BY PAT' on the bottom! Woohoo that's awesome Pat! Handmade gifts are the absolute BEST! I will try to post a pic of the goodies tomorrow :)

Thanks again Pat!!
    ~Wendy

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I received a fantastic box from Joan!

Joan sent a beautiful, large croton plant- gorgeous and festive..beautiful fall colors- rich yellows, oranges, reds & green! I love it!

Also, a neat ghost (orange) kitchen towel (hanging off the handle of my stove already), 2 leaf candleholders/ceramic (neat burnt orange color), a box of yummy apple cider candles for the holders. Giant bag of Pumpkn spice potpourri that smells soooo good! A cute ghostville "BOO" stick for the landscape! Some bulbs- orange & black tulips, daydream tulips, tux tulips! Bag of candy (a million calories, LOL)
    and a festive orange batty paper lantern!

Joan, I LOVE everything you sent! Thank you so much for a perfect box! ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wendy, I'm sorry, I meant to tell you I feel bad for your horrible day yesterday! But at least there is one more thing off your list!
    I'm also sorry that I didn't pay closer attention to addresses for partners, I didn't think about distance, I just put everyones name on paper and had Zack draw partners.

Deb, sounds lake a great box!!

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies- I just received a great box from Amy containing the following items:

Plants- Lambs Ear, Ornamental Strawberry, Silver Mound, Dianthus, a Hot Pink one and a White one, a Canna Lily, red leaf and red flower, a Canna Lily, green leaf and red flower (I think these will have to be saved until next spring and planted then). The following seeds: Garlic Chives, Hollyhock dark purple, Chinese Lanturn, mixed colors 4 OClocks, Shasta Daisys, mixed colors Columbine, and White Hibiscus. Also included: Spiced Cider packets, (cant wait to try), Cocoa mix, (sounds great for the chilly evenings we are having), Vanilla flavoring for coffee, (love flavored coffee), a Peanuts magnetic list pad and pencils and topped it off with some Hershey kisses and a neat note included. Thanks so much, Amy, you really made my day!

Wendy-I am so sorry to hear about your car being hit-what a bummer. Hope the insurance wont be a problem also. These bumps in the road for us are hard to take sometimes, I know. Glad you got moved. That can be so stressful, too. One of my favorite sayings I have to deal with an overload of things pressings is "Little by little and bit by bit". Seems I can handle things better when I keep saying that to myself!

Boxes are flying and this has been such a great RR. What an excellent job you have done for us, Vic. It is such a pleasure getting to know some of you better.

Must go plant the ones I received from Amy. It is a beautiful day here and we got a good rain so should get it done quickly. Have a great weekend, Ladies. Blessings, Margaret

• sassyd
    15 years ago

You girls are getting such great boxes! Vic I'm so proud of your swap for you. I sure wish I could have played, I just love Halloween so much. I can't wait to hand out candy to all the little ones.

Hi Fran! I'm doing good thanks. A little sad, my babygirl left today to spend the night with her other grandma then we're both taking her home tommorrow. I shouldn't whine, I've had her over a week while J & J have been moving. Both my girls will be an hour away now so it will make it alittle harder to get to see her. I'm used to her being 5 minutes away. I'm happy for them but sure do hate they'll be so far away. At least gas has gone down right? lol I have alittle surprise coming for you soon, and all the others thats won contests. I'll apologize one more time for letting fall slip up on me but you will all still get your iris, but I'll be sending them in the spring. This will just be a little "tide" you over gift. lol We went from 80's yesterday to 60's today! Jeezzz and it rained all day so I didn't get little Kenzie out to go to the big Bog Off. I'm already getting a cold and wasn't taking a chance on her getting sick. Ok, I completely gave you more information than you cared to know, LOL! Sorry:(

Deb, sounds like a great box Joan sent!

Wendy...me too:) I'm sorry I missed you. I sure hate you had such a bad day yesterday:(

Vic don't worry about what you can't change. You had good intentions. I did the same thing a year or so ago in an OBF cookbook swap. (Well in a way) I had the bright idea that it would be cool to trade from different parts of the US and give us receipes 'out of our element'. Well the swap went pretty well, but I felt after all was over that I made it really hard on the girls with shipping costs and I felt so bad about that. So I know what you mean. Some of you other girls that consider to host might keep this in mind, especially with shipping costs what they are now. But Vic, I'm sure everyones ok with it:) Lessons learned for all of us. (Especially me, with the *bright* idea, lol)

Margaret! Wowzer, we have some great girls in this group!

Annie, STOP working so much! God, I need your energy!!!!!

Have a good nite
    Sassy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Nope Sassy not too much info. Sorry they moved a piece away and yes, at least gas is slowly coming down. Let's just hope it stays WAY DOWN!

Great Boxes all over the place!

Vic, you did what you thought was fun. I hate having to think about how much it cost to ship things now. I wish there was a cheaper way to do it! All the delivery services are crummy with their prices it is awful!

MAN our temps went WAY down, from 80's to low 60's and tonight it is posed to be 39 I can NOT believe how quickly these went down, so much for my little gourd I was hoping would have a chance to get a little bigger.
    All new seedlings I put out the other day I covered up with a thick board hoping it will give them enough warmth they can make it through the next few days! A few of them are really want bad plants so they better make it! I should have dug those back up and brought them in, dang it I didn't think about it until just now!

This is just WAY too cold way to fast for me! I put all my new plants I didn't get planted in time in the mulch in their pots I HOPE it will protect them and not let their roots freeze, I am sure that is good enough to keep them from freezing right? It is better then them sitting out in the open in the air. They are up against the house too, so that should also help right?

Sorry, I went way off course on that, I know ya'll have some advice for me on this though. For those who live in colder climates then me. If things can over winter in a cold garage then this SHOULD be ok like this too right?

Thanks bunches!!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Fran ~ I'm right there with ya cuz I'm in NW Ga.... I am just hoping like mad that my plants will overwinter too even tho they are small.. and I still have 2 flats of things I've yet to plant cuz I was waiting til I got over to mom's house.. Goodness there's just NOT enough time in the day! lol

Sassy ~ hugs to you hon. I know that must be difficult having her farther away.. but I'm sure they'll be visiting and often! :)

Hugs everyone! Headin' to bed BEFORE 1am for once! :P

~Wendy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Deb,
    I'm SO glad you liked your box! I really had fun putting it together for you!

Joan

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Wendy - I'm sooo pleased that the box reached you safely and that you liked your items! I'm especially thrilled that you love the spellbook/candy box. (I was anxious about it because it was the "main part" of your box.) I have one of them too. They are from the Hallmark "Hauntington" line and, though I don't collect it, I just had to have one! I couldn't believe how realistic the "book" looked. But when I opened it and heard it talk, it was, as they say, a "done deal."

Yes, I made the little cat decoration, using my scroll saw.

I hope you enjoy everything as much as I enjoyed selecting things for you!

Happy Halloween!!

Pat

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tracyvine - rec'd
    Dieg01991/Amy -
    Raggedyann/Annie
    Margaret_2007 - rec'd
    Debbya - rec'd
    ejmoore/Joan -
    Pat_6 -
    Vic_zn5 -

I think that's correct!

Sassy, I'm sorry Kenzie is farther away, but, just remember now when you get her tell her mommy you are going to keep her longer! : )

Margaret, what a great box Amy sent! I love flavored coffee too! Jamie likes just plain old "mud" so I use the flavoring and flavored creams, it's hard for me to drink it without it anymore!

Fran, the training is almost done, I just have to get one of there EKG machines and do 2 "test" EKG's to send to the office and she said I will be all set. The only bad thing is that there is no set hours or number of exams that I will be doing, I can pick my hours, and sched. the exams when I want to, but to make this work for me I will need to do at least 5-6 exams per day so I hope they have the amt. of business out here for that. I will also have to pay for our health ins, she is checking on the cost for me. I have not found ANY company out here that covers family or children without you having to pay for them and I've been told anywhere from $200-600/mo! I think that's a crock! But, I need to get ins. for Zack, it makes me a nervous wreck not having it!
    For your seedling, how hardy are they? I have some ROS seedlings that are only 2-3" tall and am just going to mulch them like crazy, I also have a couple things in pots that I wanted to wait till next year to plant, I am going to put them in the most protected area in my yard and cover them with mulch also. I talked to the owner of a local nursery and she said she covers all her potted DL's in sawdust and they do fine.

Pat, a scroll saw! I'm so jealous!! I've been wanting one of those, sounds like you are pretty talented!

Wendy, how are things going with the packing, this month sure has went by quickly, I'm sure esp. for you.

Tracy, please make sure your critters are well fed, I wouldn't want anyone to get bitten by a hungry critter!

I'm glad everyone is having fun with this swap! Thanks girls for making this SO easy for me! I've had a lot of fun this month! : )

Vic

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Woo Hoo! Annie turned out to be my secret swapper. Lucky me! She sent the nicest box.

I received:

A collectible, quart-sized mason jar (with a Ball glass-lined zinc lid) tied with pretty ribbons and filled with candy corn and pumpkin candy. The jar was inside a cute little black trick-or-treat bag with a pumpkin on the front.

I also got a lovely 16 month "flowers" calendar that I'm sure to use and enjoy.

There's a huge bag (back left in photo) of Pumpkin Spice potpourri! I've already filled the bowl that I keep in the LR! (To tell the truth, a few candy corns have already found their way into my mouth too. LOL!)

Annie must have been listening to me whine about lack of water because she sent a sprinkler! I'm sure I'll put that to good use for years to come.

She sent a cookbook from First Baptist Church Aledo that looks like it's filled with yummy recipes! I can't wait to try some of them. I love to try new dishes.

And there's an absolutely adorable little pumpkin-scented candle with a shade that is decorated with pumpkins, apples and grapes! How cute is that? I was just online this morning looking at fall/winter fragrance candles. She couldn't have picked a better scent!

{{gwi:1305999}}

Everything was wrapped separately in black tissue paper that she tied up with yards of orange, satin-like ribbon! At first I thought I'd take a picture so you guys could see how cute it all was but then my excitement took over and I opened it all! You'll just have to take my word for it. Her presentation was top-notch.

Thanks so much, Annie! I truly like everything you sent. You did a great job making my day brighter! I only hope whoever has your name treats you as well.

Pat

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Pat, you don't know how relieved I am that your package made it there without anything breaking, and that you are happy with it. I had fun picking up things for you while I was on the road, and I wish I would have had time to dig up some plants for you. I know there is always next year, and I'm sure I will have the pleasure of getting your name again.

While doing my private job, we went on a little drive to one of the many pumpkin stands, and that is where I found the cook book. I did get a chance to look at it, and it has many helpful hints in it.

I have this thing for old mason jars, and do have several, but mine hold wooden spoons, thread on wooden spools, old buttons, and marbles. Yes, Annie can never have enough buttons or marbles LOL

Vic, is all the snow gone by now? Oh yes, congrats on your new job, and completing your on-line classes. When I took a few courses at the local community college I did have one on-line class and hated it because I had dial up at the time, and I can not tell you how many time I would get kicked off line.

Sassy, nice chatting with you the other day, and sorry to hear your girls are going to live further away from you.

Tracy, thanks for the PP logo. Are you sure you are not my partner???LOLOLOL

Fran, I think your plants will be fine potted up, but I'm not a pro on this. I know my favorite nursery keeps their stock in pots and over winter them. I know they treat each variety of plants different. For example I think with the bearded iris they put the pots on their sides to avoid getting too wet.

Wendy, Margaret, Amy, Joan, and Debbya, I hope all is well with you girls.

My son called me to tell me he bought another Boston Terrier so Zsa Zsa would have a playmate, and he is suppose to send pictures. If my memory serves me right I think he named the new puppy Kingston.

I'm glad I have tonight off, and I slept all afternoon; I hope I sleep tonight.

Well girls, I'm going to get something to eat, and I need coffee!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Annie - you packed everything very well! It's no small feat to ship glass safely. You never know what will happen to it "in-transit".

I understand about your interest in marbles and buttons. We used to live in a much larger house (with lots of room to display things) and I had buttons in a few interesting jars, beautiful marbles in a child's glass-globed gumball machine, pretty mixed beans inside a glass rolling pen... Well, you get the idea.

Now we live in a home that's small enough that there's no room for extras. (At least not if you still want room to maneuver.) I put away my marbles and rolling pen. I matted and framed my most unique buttons for display. Instead of small, colorful, round things; I now use one huge wooden bowl to hold the old Japanese fishing floats, which I love!

I'm sure your collection of antique jars is gorgeous! What is the most unique one you have? Do you have 1/2 gall and gall sizes?

Thanks again,
    Pat

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Margaret,
    I'm so glad that you liked the box I sent you. I put the plants in a plastic bag (which I never do) because I was worried that everything else in the box would get ruined. I'm so glad to hear that everything arrived safe! I hope everything survives and thrives in your garden!

I got your box out just in time too, we got our first hard frost last night. It was still dark when I left for work so I didn't get to see the extent of the damage. I hate this time of year to see everything dieing! I'm already starting to plan my garden renovations for next year. It's going to be a long winter! :-)

I brought all my potted plants in this weekend. What a chore, but I had fun seeing how huge everything got over the summer. They will stay in the garage with grow lights for a couple of weeks while I debug them. Now my front step is totally empty. I plan to put out some Halloween decorations this weekend. I usually get a hay bail for the front step and lots of pumpkins and cobwebs. It's always fun to decorate for the new season.

Have a great day everyone!
    Amy

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pat, that looks like a great box! The candle shade is adorable! I used to collect things too and had all kinds of little "nick-knacks" on shelves, but I realized how much I don't like dusting, and slowly got rid of them! LOL

I do like the old mason jars, I have the ball canning jar canister set (replica jars) I like the looks of them, but they are not very functional when trying to scoop out a cup of sugar or flower. I just can't get myself to part with them. : )

Annie, I can see why you were concerned with the shipping!
    Thanks for the congrats on the job and training, it's not set in stone yet and my not be enough hours, but it's something. I hope it works out, it would be easier starting school in the spring if I have a job I can set my own hours with.
    I have part 2 of an interview today at 12:30, and am also waiting to hear about a job I applied for at the hospital working in the heart cath lab (this one sounds the most interesting) But they will be interviewing till the end of the month : (
    Also, I just happen to have the list of who sent to who, so I know if it was Tracy that sent you the hosta, I could tell you, but it'll cost ya! LOL

Vic

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Ohhhhh! Vic, didn't know you can be bribed! :) I'm gonna remember that! HA Good luck on your job interviews!
    Pat, unfortunately, I seem to "collect" alot more favorite things than I have room for! LOL

Joan

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

A lil ghoulie told me this:

Label/Receipt Number: 0308 0070 0000 9010 1333

Your item was processed and left our BILLINGS, MT 59101 facility on October 21, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I am hoping that means my person (she knows who she is!)will receive today!!! :P

Hope everyone's doin' well.. I'm going nuts trying to pack and sort and well just goin' nuts... lol

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello everyone!!!

Joan, of course I can be bribed! And yes, please do rememer that! LOL

Well, as far as the interview today, I think it went pretty bad. I had interviewed with the office manager last week and we got along great. Today was with the other 4 girls that work there, one of them I could tell for sure did not like me, she even left before the interview was over as if to say "I'm not wasting any more time!" But, that's ok, I didn't like her either!
    Then, I got to my car to find I missed a call from a place I interviewed with 2 weeks ago, an orthopedic surgery practice (they have about 4 offices and great bebefits) that made my day even worse! I called him back and got his voice mail, so I figured with my luck he was calling the next person on the list!

I went and picked Zack up from daycare and as we were getting home he was asking why I didn't get him a treat today while I was out, *sigh*

THEN, as I'm driving down the road I see the mail lady pulling out of my drive! (it was the sub, the reg. carrier won't deliver) So, I get home to find this brown box with a bright orange label and google eyes from ZENA!! And I have to say aside from pulling a muscle in my back lifting the heavy thing *giggle* I was so happy! It made my day!

NOW for the opening of the box! Of course Zack was "reading" the label asking me what letter his name started with and looking for a Z on the box! I told him there was no Z, it was sent to me, he said "but, it says for me too, right there!" *pointing at the address* LOL

I let him open it and he was in heaven! "Mom! it's halloween stuff" "AND CANDY!!!!!!!"

There was a big black spider on top of everything along with a gigantic spider and a bunch of little spiders, some snakes, a bag of cobwebs, skeletons, bats, and other creepie crawlies. And a mouse in slime! EEEWWW LOL, Zack is afraid of it and I've been tormenting him! hehehe.
    Chattering teeth, a whoopie coushion! LOL, (it's a little one with a gohst on it : ) a squaking chicken (ummm, that ones pretty loud) pumpkin bubbles, and I'm sure there is more, but it was raided as I was opening it!

A few bazzilion pieces of candy, including a bag of blood!, a nose dripping snot, a worm filled hamburger, suckers, candy bars, pixie sticks, a bag of candy corn and pumpkins (on my desk with me right now) and several other kinds, I can't tell you all of them because just as we started opening the box Jamie and Chris got home from work, once they seen candy they were in the box too! I have to say, this is the hardest time I've ever had trying to go through a box! I told Jamie that I know Wendy will be thrilled when she hears the entire house loved her box!!

Oh, I'm not even close to being done! (go fill up that coffee cup, you're gonna be reading a while!)

Lets see, where to start next....
    A very cute ceramic ghost candle holder (I love this)
    2 pumpkin candles
    2 ghost candles
    a cute little ceramic scarecrow
    a cute little frog pot hanger/sitter (already on one of my plants)
    an adorable little ghost mug just right for Zack's hot cocoa!
    And, not 1, not 2, but 3 bags of seeds! are ya ready for this?!?
    And they were in the cutest halloween bags! (where did you get these?)

MY BEAR GRASS!! NOT 1 BUT 2 DIFF. KINDS!! (Wendy, you really read my list didn't you!! *big smile*)
    Bear Grass - nolina texan (going to look this up)
    and the "common" Bear grass - xerophyllum tenax
    Lemon Grass
    Atomic red carrots (I wanted to try some colored ones!)
    Watermelon- desert king
    Bellpepper - keystone
    German Strawberry Tomato
    Banana Melon (sounds cool)
    Ground cherry!
    Pink popcorn! (never heard of this! neat)
    Bloomsdale standing spinach
    Rhubarb yumm!
    Borage
    Marjoram
    Oregano
    Feverfew (I had to leave mine in MI, thanks!)
    Dill
    Cardoon (had to leave that too)
    Lemon mint
    Anise
    *bag #2*
    Dianthus - "spooky"
    Pansy "halloween"
    Fritillaria "snakehead"
    Nemophilia Black Penny
    Cosmos "psycho white"
    Snapdragon "black prince"
    Scabiosa "black night"
    Creeping thyme
    Fritillaria "camschat-censis"
    Blackberry lilly
    Scarlet sage
    Red coneflower
    Rudbeckia "indian summer"
    Sunflower black oil
    Clasping coneflower
    Sunflower "autumn beauty"
    "Blood Flower" oooooo
    Poppy pure white heirloom
    Catchfly
    Black pearl pepper
    Acorn squash "batwing"
    Eggplant "ghostbuster"
    Black peony poppy
    Autumn Lollipop helenium
    Tomato "black prince"
    Maltese cross
    Viola "Bowles Black
    Watermelon "white wonder"
    Gallardia "goblin"
    Corn "bloody butcher"!
    *not done yet! bag #3*
    Sunflower "cherry red" (I looked these up, they are beauties!)
    Pink honeysuckle bush (I had these in MI too, I couldn't dig them b/c they were too close to trees)
    Columbine - blue
    Mexican hat
    Rocky mountain bee plant
    Pink gas plant
    Sunflower Dwarf teddy bear
    Tahoka Daisy
    Coreopsis - sweet dreams
    Bee balm - purple
    Columbine - purple
    Blue sea holly (been wanting this one too!)
    Violet - Picotee pansy
    Russian sage (whoo hoo!)
    Cup plant
    Zinnia carousel mix
    Poppy - drama queen
    Butterfly orchid
    Gallardia - Oranges and Lemons (big smile)
    Partridge pea
    Bee Balm - spotted
    Coreopsis - baby sun
    Birds eye (OK, I looked this up, I found a veronica, a primrose, and a tropical "Mickey mouse" plant ???)
    Lilac (I miss these soooo much!)
    Lavender
    Tartarian honeysuckle
    Gaillardia - Razzle Dazzle (these look cool!)
    Lion's tail(this looks pretty cool too! but, umm, is this legal to grow? LOL)
    Black-eyed susan - Goldilocks
    Sunflower - red sun
    Coreopsis - Lancelota
    Dahlia - Early bird mix
    Gloriosa Daisy
    Morning glory - sunspots
    Cosmos - Ladybird lemon
    Scarlet flax
    Plains Coreopsis (Wendy, I busted out laughing at this one! Although you had no way of know this, I had a week moment on ebay last week and put in a bid for a bag of 10,000 seeds of this! No, I don't know why I thought I needed that many! But they are on the way! LOL)

I can't believe how many of these were on my want list! Did you break into a seed company??

Still not done!!
    I also got:
    a bag of Hyacinth bulbs
    and a big bag of Erlicheer Paperwhites! These things are HUGE!!

And I also got a Heliopsis Lorraine Sunshine Plant that Wendy is over wintering for me due to the recent snowfall I had when she was getting my box ready!!

AND, I saved the "best" for last!
    I know Wendy read my "want" list because I had on there (at the very bottom) 10-20 yards of black dirt....
    I got an envelope with a note on it saying "couldn't fit 10-20 yards, but here's a start"
    and inside was a packet of black dirt!!

And for the grand finale! This was in another envelope:
    I got my very own "Beginers Sword" "for the Xena in training"!! ROFLOL
    (aka pumpkin carver! and it came with the scooper too!)
    perfect day for that too, I promised Zack we would carve his pumpkin tonight!

Wendy, Thank you so much! This was a wonderful pick me up after what started out to be a bad day! I can't believe the amount of stuff in that box! You really outdid yourself, and the seeds! OMG! You got me a lot of my really, really wanted ones! And a lot that are new to me and I can't wait to look them up! And Jamie, Chris, and Zack thank you too! I'm sure I left some stuff out, but there was soooo much, and I'm pretty sure Zack snagged some stuff while I was looking at the seeds!

I'm sorry it took so long to post, it was a busy night here and I'm also having some issues with the other swap I'm hosting *sigh*

BUT, I have more good news!
    I got a call back from the guy at the Ortho place, I start Monday!!

What a great day this turned out to be, well, I guess it was yesterday now! But it's taken me an hour to post this! LOL
    Sorry it was so long......

Night girls!
    Vic *off to look up some seeds!*

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Woohoo! Congrats Vic! I'm glad you got the job you were interested in! It's always fun (at least to me!) to start a new 'adventure'..

Yes, I always always always check people's wants and try to accommodate to make them as happy as I can :) It also gives me an 'excuse' to order seeds to share! hehe

I figured Zack would have fun w/ the 'gross' stuff! I had fun finding things to send :) Glad it was a pick-you-up for your crummy day too! That's always an added bonus! :)

*try 'Bird's Eyes Gilia' for the search and you'll find a pic of them. Lion's tail is pretty common at least here on GW.. never grown it myself but will be trying it this next year too! :P and umm... I think we bought from the same seller on Ebay the Plains Coreopsis! LOL I didn't buy 10,000 .. I have SOME control over my insanity *whistlin' innocently... but I did get like, 300 or something. :)

Well I'm still busy packing packing packing... Lord knows how I've managed to accumulate so much STUFF!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Pat ~ I meant to get back on here and comment on your scrollsaw comment.. I just forgot! I wish I lived close-by so you could give me lessons! That's something I've been wanting to dabble in for awhile now. At my mom's place there is a huge shed in the back w/ lots of leftovers still from when my dad was alive and used it as his workshop. The first 2 things I bought when I received my lil bit of inheritance from my mom passing was : A GOOOOOOOOD quality cordless drill, a jig saw and a scroll saw! :P You might be a redneck if........... lol So I can't hardly wait to get thru all this packing and unpacking and start experimenting! I really really love the cat and the fact that it was homemade makes it even more special!
    Thanks again!
    ~Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Pat that box is simply adorable! I love the little lamp shade and the pumpkin sack. I think I may have to steal that jar of candy corn. That is one of my favorite treats! YUM!

Annie, you pack a beautiful box! Come here and give me some lessons. I try to pack as safely as possible but have had some bad luck on occasion. What a cute box you sent! LOVE IT!

ViC! What an awesome box you got from Wendy! That was a fun one for sure! I bet Zach was in seventh heaven with all the goo and stuff! LOL! I love the sword! I busted up at that one! OMGosh! LOOK at all those SEEDS! Congratulations on the NEW JOB! Woo HOO! Way to go!

Wendy! You are AWESOME! Wow! You know how to do Halloween up! Way to go girl!

Hugs!
    Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Wow, that was an awesome box Wendy. I think you totally out did yourself.

Vic, honey, I think you deserve to have a great box, and you be careful wielding around that new sword we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself....ROTLMAO!!!

This swap was just too fun I really wish I could have joined in on it too!

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Good morning all! I got home to the most wonderful surprise yesterday! My box had arrived! Margaret, you really outdid yourself! It was PACKED!
    When I opened it, there was a NEST OF SPIDERS ON A BLACK WEB! Eeehhhhhhh!!!!! Then candy corn tissue covered all of the following:
    An autumn tapestry placemat (It now has place of honor at the end of my bar in the kitchen!)
    The cutest little floral microwaveable plate with hibiscus
    A scarecrow harvest door knob welcomer (hanging on my kitchen door now)
    a pumpkin windsock (hung it on my patio)
    a pack of Halloween napkins
    a scarecrow bean bag (in my kitchen window)
    an apple cider candle in the cutest tin (smells great)
    "moonlight way" body lotion - smells soooooo good!
    wow............... still not done yet!
    a WHOLE bag of tulips (daydream) 12 in all!
    a cinnamon fern root (so excited! First fern I've received)
    a ceramic pumpkin votive holder with 2 black & 2 orange votives
    an absolutely BEAUTIFUL leaf sculpture with ribbon (Margaret, it's gorgeous! If you made that you're extremely talented!)
    a Russell Stove strawberry cream pumpkin
    a pack of lightning pumpkins gummy candy game - so cute!
    a bag of Andes orange, toffee, & cocoa chocolates - yum!
    AND SEEDS!
    Intense Orange Durango Marigold
    Rudbeckia - Becky Mixed
    Nemophila - Pennie Black
    Ornamental Gourd
    All I can say is THANK YOU MARGARET! It was a wonderful box and you were VERY generous! I had so much fun going through everything!!! Thanks again!

Joan

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Vic - First, congratulations on your new job!! That's wonderful news. I hope it will work out to be a position you just love.

I know what you mean about knick-knacks and cleaning. I have very few myself. So few, in fact, that my family calls me a "minimalist", LOL! My cousin has an absolutely beautiful, magazine-perfect home with layers and layers of decorative touches. It's truly gorgeous but I have absolutely no interest in spending all my time cleaning.

Wow! What a box you got from Wendy! She really outdid herself, didn't she? Many of the things she sent were great but what about that collection of seeds. I'm astounded!

Wendy - You made an unbelievable box for Vic! Such an impressive array of, well, everything and chocked-full of Halloween stuff! (Where'd you find all of those things?) I must say, I believe after reading that list that my box for you fell short! You did a great thing, making Vic's day(and her entire family's day) better.

I think you'll be glad that you invested in the tools you bought. I requested my scroll saw (and my jig saw LOL!)for Christmas about 6 or 7 years ago. I love to make things with it/them. I used to do a lot of crafty things, like crocheting, cross-stitch and decorative painting; but I never had any real "use" for them, so I put hours and hours into them only to give them away. Now I try to select patterns that I can incorporate into my life. My current project is a "stacked ring bowl" (Patrick Spielman's pattern) which I think I will use for a fruit bowl on my kitchen counter.

Everyone's learning process is different but if you're interested in a "how to" book, I recommend "Scroll Saw Workbook", 2nd edition, by John A. Nelson, which is a "skill-building" book. It has 25 chapters and covers everything from saw info to making puzzles to relief cutting and segmentation. (You can see it on Amazon, if you're interested.)

Tracy - You might have a hard time stealing that jar of candy corn, as I keep a pretty close eye on it! LOL! But, because I like you, I will share it with you.

Annie didn't know it but I love candy corn, and it was the best candy she could have sent because DH doesn't like it at all! When left to his own devices for any length of time, he eventually eats any treat in the house that he can find. Last year I bought Halloween candy early and had to replace it before the kids showed up!

Pat

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wendy, I looked up the bird's eye, that is such a cute flower! And, I don't think we bought from the same seller, my seller sent me the wrong seed! *sigh* I emailed them and told them the envelope just said "yellow coreopsis" and they assured me that it was the Plains. Well, I just opened the envie and looked at the seeds, it is NOT plains, it looks more like the lanceleaf tickseed, which is a solid yellow. SO...I'm glad you sent me the plains!

Fran, I was making dinner last night and dropped the knife, it almost went right into the top of my foot, I thought to myself "good thing Wendy sent me a sword with a blunt tip" LOL

Joan, what a great box you got from Margaret! That apple cider candle sounds like it would smell great!

Pat, don't worry, I feel my box fell short compaired to the box Wendy sent too!

Jamie always insists we get a bunch of halloween candy "just in case" we have trick or treaters, for the last 4 yrs in Michigan where we lived we did not get 1 trick or treater, and here we live even further off the road and away from other houses! LOL

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the job! I hope I like it! And it came at a good time because Jamies work is starting to slow down for the winter : (

I think we are just about wrapped up for this swap, this is the current list I have

Tracyvine - rec'd
    Dieg01991/Amy -
    Raggedyann/Annie -
    Margaret_2007 - rec'd
    Debbya - rec'd
    ejmoore/Joan - rec'd
    Pat_6 - rec'd
    Vic_zn5 - rec'd

Just 2 left and per the dc# one of them should have been rec'd today : )

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Pat! Are you kiddin'!?! I LOVED your box, I am especially treasuring the 'spell book' and your homemade gift!! I always tend to go way overboard on these RR's... I can't seem to make limits for myself.. LOL The funny thing is I only 'found' and joined RR at the end of March and at that point I had maybe 20 diff types of commercial seeds.. but I have been going nuts trading and sasbe'ing and buying commercial seeds I now have about 400 varieties.. and def not enough yard for my bad habit! lol So my RR's get alot of them, and I'm sure I'll be trading like crazy when the WS'ing gets going too! My entire backyard is going to be chock-filled w/ Wintersowing bottles, tubs and whatchamacallits this year! lol

*takes beginner's knife away from Vic... now be CAREFUL!! Here.. just start with a toothpick.. sheesh! :P

It's gone and gotten chilly here today... we had such high wind last night it broke my ONE AND ONLY Cosmos stalk in half .. there goes my first batch of seeds from it! grrr We'd planned on going to Chattanooga and taking a train ride to view the gorgeous fall leaves and then going to a HUGEEEEEEEEEE corn maze near Rock City with a 'Haunted Forest' and bonfire.. and now it's raining.........and cold.... and blehh! hmmmpphhhh Which gives me NO excuse except to keep working around inside the house and packing!

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

DING DONG!

Trick or treat! Smell My Feet! Give me something good to EAT!

Hee hee hee! Somebody's package is going to be delivered today!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Jeezee Vic, I sure am glad Wendy took that knife away from you. I thought you were gonna hurt yourself or someone else...
    HA, you have a toothpick, pppwwweeeeeeppfffhhhh. (Ah nah, I not sneakering at you, no.) But here, I will hand you something a 'little' bigger then a toothpick, (hands Vic 1 chopctick, blunt end) Now go practice, sheesh!

Wow, Wendy 400 hundred seed packets? I THOUGHT I HAD IT BAD! Nowhere near that many at least I don't think. I haven't counted...hehe, maybe will later. I need to make a list of what I have anyway so I can post in on my have list.
    I have collected things to use for winter sowing for YEARS and never really used any. I don't like using soda 2 liter bottles, not big enough for a lot of seeds.
    I miss our cold frame my daddy built 20 years ago. Winter sowing is NOT a new concept. It was just made widely known here on GW. Anyway, my daddy made a neat cold frame out of lumber and thick plastic sides. It was fixed so that you could reach into it easily and could also raise the tops when needed for ventilation. I am hoping I can get a type of cold frame this year around January.
    I want a walk in one, we have gotten some RR ties from a place that was giving them away, and we can get free leaf compost, so I figure IF I can get my SO to go get say 4 (maybe 8 of them and then a few sticks of lumber, some plastic and then assemble everything together then I can just walk in and "plant" everything I want to start in the compost floor! Man wouldnt that be a nice seed house? So yes, ladies I am dreaming about this one! IF I can get him to make it for me then I could also maybe fix a few "Window Vents" on the sides so they could be raised for air as needed. (No, I don't really expect to get the BIG playhouse, I am DREAMING of it though and yes I ASK FOR IT TOO!!!)
    Yes, that would be neat, not looking for anything fancy, just a large walk-in cold framelol. However, if not on the large scale I dream of then I want some of the smaller ones like my daddy made for us. Yall just don't know how nice those are to have until you try one. I have missed the one we had ever since I moved from there.
    The kiddie pool with plastic over it is basically the same thing, just not as user friendly.

Ok, I have rattled on enough, I cant wait to get all the info on the cookbooks. We are going to have a lot of awesome recipes. I havent looked at a lot of them since knowing we are getting the cookbook, because I like to sit down on a rainy day and look through the book then, it will be so nice to visit our friends through this book!

This was such a fun thread to read through, I am jealous and in AH of everything everyone recieved. Very nice everyone, I think you all did a fine, fine job. I KNOW I want to play next year, ummm there WILL BE one for Halloween next year, uhh err, RIGHT??? (Sad Puppy Dog face)

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I got my box from Tracy today! It was a big box!! It was so fun to open. Inside there was...

Bulbs:
    Purple Sensation Allium
    Purple Passion Blend Tulips
    Queen of the Night Tulips
    Obdam Narcissus
    Joan of Arc Crocus
    Rosy Cloud Narcissus

A beautiful variegated Peperomia (Peperomia obtusifolia?) I LOVE this!!!

Halloween Extras:
    - Wall hanging bird feeder (I'm going to hang this on the front of the house!)
    - skeleton wind chimes (these are hysterical!! So cute!! I think these will go in my porch...or maybe by the front door...hummm)
    - table decoration, I don't know how to explain it, it's soooo cute though, I love it!

These are all great things, I love them all. Tracy, I can tell you put a lot of work into my box! I think you were reading my wants list! I have on there that I love variegated plants and I had a Peperomia on my wants list!!! Thanks for the wonderful box Tracy! :-)

Thanks,
    Amy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

What a great box Tracy did for you Amy! I know you've had a ball going through all that!

Joan

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi girls!

Wow! I didn't realize it has been so long since I posted here. I'm sorry about that and I have read all the posts but I don't have time to respond to every post, but sure hope you're all doing well.

What some great boxes being received! Oh and btw, yes Fran for sure, we will have a Halloween swap next year! I hate I had to miss out on this one too, I knew it would be so much fun and it still has been but just more fun when you can pick out all the goodies for your partner, and Vic you've done a fabulous job hosting. Thanks so much hun! Oh, and congrat's on your new job! Oh, congrat's on Wendy breaking into that seed bank too!!!! Good grief! lol How much land did you say you have? *winking at Wendy, just playing with ya* That was awesome to say the least, you're such a sweetheart! I think ALL the boxes have been awesome! I LOVE this group!!!!

Gotta run feed dh so later girls:)
    Sassy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Amy, I am so glad you liked everything in the box! I was starting to second guess myself after it left the house. Nail biting and all that. I believe the peperomia is an obtusifolia. I saw it at my local greenhouse and it screamed at me to send it with your box. I loved the big fat leaves on it and the creamy lines. I hope it didn't get crushed too much while it was on the road.

I love Halloween and all the crazy stuff that comes with it. I had a lot of fun picking things to send you. The little skeleton is so crazy looking, isn't it?! LOL! Enjoy!

Hugs!
    Tracy

{{gwi:1306001}}

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

OK, I've been going nuts trying to figure out who sent my box! Someone blacked out the return address! Tracy, I'm sure it is from you, there were only 9 people participating so you sent two boxes didn't you? The seeds that you sent says Vic, zone 5! Anyhow, in this incredible box was:

Venus fly trap, so cool, I have to read up on how to take care of it.

Beautiful Snake plant, the division is huge, I have just the container to use it in.

Jobes plant stakes.

Pumpkin candy dish with a package of candy corn; I think candy corn has to be my favorite

Tea light candles for my ghost, and pumpkin candle holders.

Cute pumpkin, and ghost votive candle holders.

A beautiful candle shade that has sunflowers on it. (I love shades, and they do protect my one crazy kitty from the flame. I don't know what it is, but the flame really interests her.

An inspiration 2009 calender.

Note pad

Seeds:
    money plant
    Cosmos
    cypress vine
    Claspins conflower
    Drawf iris
    Echinecea Tennessensis
    Native Montana Sunflower
    Sea Holly
    Verbena

Seed envelopes.

Not to mention the hosta, "Pearl Lake", and "B.W. Parky's Gold" I received from you last week

I sure hope I did not leave anything out. This has been a fun swap! and thanks for letting me to be a part of this incredible group.

I have not posted to all the posts cause I have to go back and catch up on them all. I'm home now till next Friday except for a few hours Monday night that I have to cover.

I will start the November Swap soon, but first I want to ask who is doing the December one. I've got an idea if no one is hosting it.

Oh yes, guess what? I've got blooms on a couple of my iris!

Is anyone going to be in the chat room tonight; I will check back later.

Again, thanks for this incredible box!
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Annie, I am laughing so hard right now. NO! It isn't me! ROFLOL! I sent only one box this month. I swear on my kids that I didn't send it! Hee hee hee! I have had a lot of fun teasing you though. So you could say I sent you a trick but not the treat. Sorry sweetie, guess again. There may be a prize if you guess right. LOL!

Hugs!
    Tracy

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Ok, I'm searching to who sent the box. I said I was going to go back and read the posts. Oh lord! I'm searching here.

This is driving me nuts, Ok I think it is Vic that sent to me! Now what is my prize! LOL

I hope I don't hurt any feelings here. This is driving me crazy, I've got three posts up at once here going back and forth through them all! I do enough back tracking through papers at work,(WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Are no help either! When I put in the shipping code from at the USPS track and confirm it only says it was electronically sent to my house. (sheesh, that was no help!)

HEY,ANYONE THAT TELLS ME WHO SENT MY BOX I WILL SEND YOU A PRIZE, NOT FOR SURE WHAT YET. LOL

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well girls, I think this swap is pretty much wrapped up!
    ROFLOL

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie, I told you I would tell you who sent you the hosta's but it would cost ya! hehehe...........

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Vic, thanks so much! I love all of it!

Tracy/Vic do you know who is going to host the December Swap?

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Yes, I read that! LOL

****THINKING HERE*****, Wondering what the cost of inside information is? LOL

Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

What do you think about combining November/December swap together. If someone was going to host the December swap I just didn't want to step on any toes?

I think we are to send funds for the cookbook by the end of November, and so with this in mind I would combine the Novemver/December swap and then the box you send would not have to be sent till around the 15th of December. After all November/December is all about Family, Friends, Giving, and Sharing.

LMK,
    Annie

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie, I LOVE that idea of combining Nov/Dec!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Poor Annie, the answer is in the posts! I do seem to remember a certain someone talking about a carnivorous plant that they were planning on sending. Oh, and you win a big hug from me! LOL!

Combining Nov/Dec would be a great idea and a pressure release for all of us with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I love the holidays but not the rush and hectic pace. Having a swap with the sentiment of giving, sharing, friends, fun and family is just perfect!

{{gwi:1306002}}

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

HI, Ladies-What a fun RR this has been & such a great group to keep in touch with. I have really enjoyed getting to know each of you & looking forward to more RR's here. I think combining Nov/Dec sounds like such a good idea. Annie,you are always thinking, aren't you? Such a dear one you are & so thoughtful. It would probably take a load off some of us as I know sometimes I over commit & combining would possibly limit that. Just my opinion & we know, opinions are just like noses, everyone has one! Thanks to all for the pleasant thoughts I will have in the future remembering the box received & want each of you to know it is a privilage to share part of your lives. Blessings, Margaret

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Good Morning ladies and Dan!

I had a good nite sleep, and I guess I really needed it. Oh lord, even the seeds said Vic zone 5, and again I thought Tracy sent it. VIC, I APOLOGIZE TO YOU AGAIN! I REALLY NEED TO SLEEP BEFORE POSTING WHEN I'VE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT AND MOST OF THE DAY! LOL.

I'm going to post the Nov/Dec swap sometime this afternoon, and I hope we have a good turnout. I want this to be a fun swap, and I will remind people not to brake the bank sending gifts. I know everyone has families to buy for, and it is hard enough buying extra when everything is so expensive.

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie,

No need to apologize! I don't know about everyone else, but you had Tracy and I busting up!

I just missed you in the chat last night, I had to run and get Jamie something for a toothache, too stubborn to go to the dentist!

I can't believe I put my name on the seeds! I tried so hard to keep it anonymous! And (even though it might have been a little mean) I knew you would have a hard time figuring it out because you have been gone! (sorry) : )
    But, since you guessed right, you get to KEEP your box! LOL

I do hope the hostas were in good shape, I've never ordered off ebay before for plants. I even called and talked to the guy, he seemed very nice.

Hope you liked it! : )

Well, this swap is officially wrapped up!
    Thanks girls, it was a lot of fun, and you couldn't have made it easier for me!!

Vic

{{gwi:1306003}}

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Margaret, you are the sweetest lady and it has been our privelege in getting to know you. I love it when you post because you always bring a smile to my face.

Annie, congratulations on figuring it out! Honestly, you had me laughing so hard, I loved every minute of it. I was only afraid that I was going to tick off your partner by teasing you that it might be me! LOL!

Vic, you are the best! I had so much fun this month! You did an awesome job hosting and keeping things moving. Love ya dolly!

I am off to go read Annie's new thread! Wheee!

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    ANNIE