Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

UPDATE: Pedal Pushers Oct. Swap

sassyd
16 years ago

Didn't realize we were full on the other thread.

Sassy

Comments (55)

• mellen
    16 years ago

Tracy, Just that you are referring to the issue by saying this-

"Thank you to all of you for your support on this issue."

is keeping it going and hurting the feelings of others just as yours were hurt. You could have done this privately, and you could have e-mailed Sassy privately, also. It sounded to me that others were e-mailing you privately about staying on. You could just as easily have e-mailed them back instead of putting it out here for all to read.
    Mary Ellen

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Happy Monday everyone!!
    (is that an oxymoron or what??)

Woke up to a great rain this morning! It's so wonderful when it's a nice, steady, gentle rain....then I know my flowers aren't getting beaten up & the carport probably isn't going to flood! lol :O)

Had a ROUGH night, though. Adora, the youngest, is going through that "NIGHT TERRORS" stage. Where she starts screaming bloody murder in her sleep, but she's still asleep, and the only way to get her to stop is to wake her completely up, but the only way to do that (because she's kicking and screaming and will try to rip your head off if you pick her up) is to dunk her in cool bath water. But that wakes her right up, and she just looks at you like you're nuts...and then falls right back to sleep. LOL
    Oh, so much fun. Great fun for me, since I have to work until the early AM, and get right back up at 6am. Yay. :O)
    I just hate that the poor baby is going through it, though. I only had 2 other kids go through this, and neither were THIS bad.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I need extra caffeine this morning.......!!!! :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Bunny,

I have a cure for night terrors! It will take about 1 week or a little less. My pediatrician recommended it for Dan. Watch to see what time of night the dreams start, then go in and fully wake her up for a good 5 -10 minutes before the normal time that they start. Talk to her, make her feel safe and happy, it breaks the cycle of the bad dreams. Do this for several nights in a row up to about 1 week. This really worked with Dan. He hasn't had them since and it has been at least 1 year.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Monica,

That is an absolutely fantastic Box of Goodies! How wonderful! Those tulips sound amazing. I am not familiar with a few of them, will have to look them up. I am so sad that you came home to a big mess! Yick, I have the same issue here. It looks like a tornado hits the house when I leave him alone for even an afternoon. Sheesh.

Have a great day!
    Tracy

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Oh, if I left my husband for a week, I'd probably come home to find that he'd alphabetized my sock drawer and labeled my underwear according to size, color, time of the month (granny panties are for the "bloaty" time, LOL) & frequency of wear.

Did I mention that he organized the bathroom last month?? Arranged the soap by color & scent?? (so the scents do not mix, you see) Oh, and even moved all the shelves...so he could organize by shape, too. :O)

Ugh.

• mellen
    16 years ago

Monica, I am glad that you liked your box of gifts. Happy planting!

Tracyvine, What a good-looking family you have! And no coats? Great pics with all the pumpkins! Thanks for sharing.

HNB, my heart goes out to your little Adora. Just hate to imagine what that beautiful little head is dreaming about. I hope that TV's "cure" works for her.

We have had rain constantly for the last 3 days now. It's either a heavy drizzle or just downright raining. Flash flood warnings for different parts of the state. There will be plenty of subsoil moisture going into the winter for next year's plants and crops.

Sassy, Are you feeling better now?

Need to get back to work. Have a super Monday!
    Mary Ellen

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Mellen, Thank you. We have had excellent weather here. It is mighty cold in the morning but has been warming up to near 70 by mid afternoon. The kids had a great time. So much goodness comes at this time of year. Still need to water occasionally. A little odd for these parts, normally it rains every other day from September on through to Thanksgiving. Then the snow flies. Don't know what to make of these climate changes.

Hope your Monday is a good one!
    Tracy

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tracy what great shots of the kids in the pumkin patch! They're all adorable, I know they are getting excited for Halloween to hurry and get here! I am too! Love to see all the kiddies dressed in their costumes.

Wow Monica, what an awesome box from Mellen! Sorry about your house, girl you need to make him clean it up while you watch. lol Mellen you packed a wonderful box as usual.

Melissa congrat's on the slow rain and so sorry to hear about that sweet Adora's night terrors. That has to be horrible, especially for Mommy. You should try Tracy's advice, maybe that will help.

Mellen I guess after 3 days of rain, you're tired of it. Maybe it will go away soon. Hope so. Yes, I'm finally feeling better, thanks. Finally getting to keep my baby girl again.

Have a great day girls, Kenzie & I are off to play!

• mellen
    16 years ago

Monica, the Candy Corn soy candle that I gave you was from a shop here in Eldora called Backwoods Gallery. It is just a little shop that sells all kinds of neat gifts including all flavors of soy candles. They make their own soy candles, too. Their prices on many, many things are quite reasonable, too, including the prices of their candles. They have a lot of different scents, of course, and they all smell just wonderful. I go in there at least once a month to get my "fix."

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for more Kenzie pics. She is soooo adorable!!!

Mary Ellen

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Monica thats an awesome box!!! Sorry you had to come home to a mess. Isn't it neat how the goodie boxes arrive just when you need a pick me up? Everything sounds soo yummy!

Bunny, sending you a label maker to relabel things ;). Poor lil Adora, poor mommy too. I can't imagine how scary that is on both of ya'll.

Sassy I am happy you are feeling better and are able to play with lil Kenzie again, I know you missed having that sweet lil sugar! I am like Mellen and think we need some more pictures of her and all the babies!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Monica today! Thank you so much, darling - you did great! I don't know why you were thinking you didn't send enough! It's perfect! Here is what was included:

(2) Halloween Pot Holders (I am always needing these!)
    A cute Halloween dish towel
    An incredibly beautiful hand painted soap with poppy seeds!! (I love it!)
    Hollyhock seeds
    An awesome set of wooden pieces to insert into a pumpkin to make it look like an orange bodied spider (I have never seen one of these before - but we are going to LOVE it!)
    Adorable sparkly Halloween socks!
    Pumpkin seeds - white, green and orange stripe (sound so cool!)
    A little pumpkin that says, "Give Thanks"
    A wonderful pumpkin spice candle in a ceramic pumpkin
    A nice collection of Monica's favorite recipes!
    And my absolute favorite - a hip from a special rose bush - one from a bush in front of their new house, that was planted long ago by a man for his wife when they first moved in. She included a note telling what she knows of the story, and it is so sweet! Wow Monica - that is probably one of my favorite things I have ever gotten in a swap! So much meaning behind it! Thank you!

Wow - girl, again, I have no idea why you were worried about what you sent! To me, it is perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now, off to find out what to do with the rose hip, as I've never had one! I belived the seeds are inside, right? Anyway, you can believe I'll get it figured out! I can't wait to have a rose bush growing with such a story behind it! Oh, can you tell me if it is a climber or not, Monica? I don't want to plant it in the wrong spot! Thank you again!

Becki

• galium
    16 years ago

Monica-I hear you about your DH. Mine wouldn't clean up even if he had nothing to do all day.

Everyone has gotten such great boxes.

I went out to dinner on Thursday night with 3 members of my High School Graduating class. We ate at a restaurant called the Americana. They played 50's and 60's music. It was great reminiscing.

My DH and I took our DD to the Dr.'s today. She isn't having another Xray for 3 more weeks. He showed her how to use the Bone Stimulator that Tracy sent to her. Luckily, she isn't in as much pain and they were able to find a boot to fit her foot. Wednesday I'm going over to clean her apartment and hope to take her to the movies on Friday.

We had great weather today hope everyone has the same.
    Mariann

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, by the way, I will be trying very hard to get your box out tomorrow Mariann! My littlest is all of a sudden sick today, so we'll see how things go, but it is all ready, and just needs to get postage and go! Hopefully tomorrow!
    Becki

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mellen those candles sound wonderful! I love soy candles.

Becki what a great box from Monica! All these awesome boxes makes me hate even worse being so sick and not participating this month. Favorite receipes??? Please share, wondering minds love new receipes!

Mariann I know you had the best time with your girls from high school, my best friend and I from elementary school are still great friends, I find that amazing as life goes on. You just have to make time to stay in touch, even though your lives have gone into different directions. She swares I named Julie after her (which I did) but funny thing is I ended up marrying a man with the same last name as her maiden name, so we've always gotten a kick out of that.
    Tracy is a sweetheart for sending you the bone stimulator, so glad its helping her. Still wishing her the best hun.

Thanks Becki for letting us know, we need update to other boxes that haven't been shipped. Thanks girls.

Here's a couple of pics of sweet thang!
    Ok I can't believe I'm showing this one, I had a fever 102 and had no business even holding her, no make up no nothing so sorry that I'm in it, lol and no, I'm not tickling her, it was Julies b-day and Julie, dh, & Jerry were talking to her, thats all it takes!
    {{gwi:1306266}}

{{gwi:1306267}}

Thats if for now, Julie has my memory card....

{{gwi:1306268}}

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Look! I see Sassy! Woo HOO! You are a stunner! Happy Grandma is holding the happiest baby in town! Goodness, I don't think I have ever seen two girls having more fun than the two of you. I love seeing both of those smiling faces! Made my night!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tracy! You crazy! lol I'm so sad and you Pedal Pushers have to lift me back up! We just need some spooky fun!

Nutbunny? where are you? We need help! lol

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok, gotta go to bed, 7am, Kenzie will be here, so, gotta go. Have a good night everybody!

Have a good night,
    Sassy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago
  • beckilove
    16 years ago

Galium's box will be going out tomorrow! DC # 0103 8555 7492 6052 3940. Hope it gets to you quickly!
    Becki

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Becki for letting us know!:))

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi,
    My box will be going out hopefully tomorrow. If not, Thursday at the latest!
    I'm sorry for the delay! Greenbean died on Sunday and we buried him on Monday. He was fine on Friday, happy and singing, eating. On Saturday he looked a little fluffy and ate lightly. That really had me worried, he goes through an entire cup a day of seed-pellets/food! I accidentally left the lights on in the bird room overnight on Friday so I thought it was possible he stayed up all night and just needed some extra sleep and would catch up on eating later. On Sunday I noticed he still wasn't eating so I started handfeeding him a baby bird formula "Exact". I handfed him from 5 weeks old so was thankful that I knew how to do it.
    He had an appt. for Monday with the bird vet. He died Sunday night (as soon as I covered him for the night). I peeked at him 5 minutes later and he was gone, I'm so thankful he went quickly and didn't suffer. I felt soooo bad!

He was only 8 months old. I can't imagine what went wrong! Either this was something hereditary (heart problems) or he caught a quick cold? He had no symptoms at all! The only other thing I can think of is he had a treat in his cage and he chewed some of the wood stick? He was a little destructive! I removed the treat once I noticed that he started to demolish the treat & wood (this was on Friday morning).

After crying a bunch my Husband and Son surprised me with another Monk parrot last night. I had no idea that they went to pick out another hand fed baby for me! My Son named him "Oliver" and I cried when came home from the store and seen Oliver sitting on my Son's shoulder. I never expected them to do this! He's adorable and very tame. Luckily, he's already on seeds/pellets so I don't have to hand feed him.

In between my Son's toe surgery and Greenbean passing, boy life's been stressful for me! Calgon take me away! ;)

Deb

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Deb,
    I am so sorry you lost your Greenbean. I always was miserable after losing a pet. That was very sweet of them to bring home Oliver for you. You have a good family. They hated seeing you sad. I hope all goes smooth for you from here on. No more rough patches.

Bunny,
    I had to tell you that Emma and Danny had a bubble bath today with the Cherry Pie Bubble Bath that you sent to Emma. They smelled like yummy cherry pie for half the day and now I am craving warm cherry pie a la mode! Oh, and Daddy thought it was a little fruity for his boy to smell so sweet! LOL! Men!

Tracy

• galium
    16 years ago

Deb-I'm so sorry to hear that your bird passed on. It's so easy for pets to become part of the family. What a wonderful surprise it must have been to receive a parrot from your DH and son. Hope your son is doing better after his surgery.

Becki-I'll be on the look out for your box.
    Mariann
    {{gwi:1306270}}

• hotshott
    16 years ago

Deb,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. What a swwet gesture of your DH and son though.

Becki,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed your box. I'm not really sure how to grow roses from seed. I have traded hips for other seeds though so I know that there are seeds within the hips. The color of the roses are white and it is not a climbing rose bush.

Sassy,
    What beautiful pics. You look great without make up so I don't know why you're so worried.

Well, ladies, I have pulled a muscle in my neck and shoulder and aren't much up for sitting here at the PC so I'm off for now. Will catch up soon
    -Monica

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Monica, I think you may be suffering from the baby pull! I have been victim to that many times carrying the babies around. I found that I was rounding my shoulders too much especially when I was feeding them. It is painful. I hope it feels better soon.

Galium, I sent you an email yesterday. I hope you received it. The reply to your DD didn't seem to get through to her.

Tracy

• galium
    16 years ago

Tracy-It's all straightened out. She didn't receive your email because she had blocked all mail from your Internet provider. She was getting some solicitations from scammers that use the same provider you do. I forwarded her the email you sent me. She'll be in touch with you and your mom soon.

I spent part of the day cleaning my DD's apartment. Mostly the kitchen, bathroom and some vacuuming. We spent the rest of the time watching a movie. Friday I'm taking her to see "30 Day's Of Night". It's suppose to be the scariest vampire movie ever made. We'll see......... This will be her first big outing since she broke her foot.

Take care everyone,
    Mariann

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Deb, my heart goes out to you. Green bean was a cutie, post pics of your new baby on the bf thread, your box went out today confirmation #03070020000172927598. big hugs for you. hugs carol

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Mariann,

Good! Thank you for passing that on for me. I appreciate it. That is so nice of you to go over and help her out. I am sure she is raring to get out and do something different. I hope you have a good time out on the town! My mom was climbing the walls when she was laid up. She really looked forward to outings!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

My box went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0004 7458 0590.

I'm finally caught up!

Deb

• hotshott
    16 years ago

I have a thaught (and a minute) for our November Swap. Since so many people tend to put up their Christmas Trees up the day after Thanksgiving, why don't we all include a Christmas Ornament in this next swap....just a thaught....
    -Monica

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

My box arrived from Carol today! Carol thank you so much for such a nice box!

Carol sent~
    Crinium bulbs
    Tulip bulbs "Lucky Strike" (very pretty red/white)
    Dwarf Iris assorted
    Marilyn Tulips

Scarecrow, garden gloves, Cucumber melon shower gel, lotion, candle, scrubbie, bath salts gift basket!

Thank you so much Carol, I love it!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

OOOOhhh almost forgot to mention Carol sent me Pumpkin poop! I'm munching on it right now or I would of forgot!

What's pumpkin poop? LOL! Candycorn!

Hugs,

Deb

• galium
    16 years ago

I received my swap box from Becki today.

Halloween decorations YEAH!!!! I received a Foil Pumpkin Garland which will hang from my fireplace mantel. Holographic Halloween Color Clings for my back door. A Foil Bat Centerpiece and Halloween Stickers. Becki, I haven't decorated for Halloween in years, you have given me the incentive I needed to start again. Thank you so much.

There is more.......Orange Sugar Sprinkles, A magazine from Fire Mountain Gems 'Secrets To Beading Success' also 'Bead Style' magazine.

Becki also sent me lots of bulbs:
    Tulips 'Queen Of The Night', 'Gavata', 'Pinocchio', Princess Irene' and 'Pink Impression'. Plus Iris 'Oriental Beauty'.

Becki thank you so much for such a wonderful box of gifts. I love everything........
    Mariann

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Mariann,
    I'm glad it reached you and you liked it! I wasn't sure about including the beading magazines, as to some it might seem like junk. But, I saw that you enjoy beading, so I thought they might be something you could use. If not, feel free to throw them away! : )

Thanks for hosting this swap, Sassy! You did great!

Becki

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Becki, I sure don't feel like I've done much, so sorry about that girls. Was going to post alonger post but, ran out of gas so to speak. I did finally get to a doc and I have double pneumonia. So there we are. I knew it was past a cold, but jeez it takes forever around here to get an appointment and no I don't like dr.'s.

I'm sorry I've been so slack this month and yes Monica an ornament will be included! Great minds think alike:) I think a few of us have talked about it.

If I'm right only 2 girls left waiting on boxes and they've been shipped so looks like a good swap.

I'll try to talk to you tommorrow, my drugs are kicking in big time.

Nite girls

Deb.....so sorry Sweetie, I meant to say how sorry I am about Greenbean, hugs girlfriend~ Hope Oliver is helping:)
    I know, they make it better, but they don't take it away:(
    Your friend, Pumpkin Poop!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Sassy, I am so glad that you got in with the doctor. Rest up! Don't worry about us. I spoke to Sassy about this and I will be hosting the next round if no one has any objections. I will be posting details in the next few days and would love to include an ornament along with what I have planned. Monica that is a very nice idea! There is nothing like the day after Thanksgiving to kick off the Christmas Season! We had a tradition growing up of going downtown the day after Thanksgiving. We would dress up and have lunch at the Silver Grille with Mom and make a day out of it. Then we would head out to Public Square at sundown to watch the tree lighting ceremony. Very special memories for me.

• hotshott
    16 years ago

Christmas is my very favorite Holiday. I love to hear of everyone's Chrsitmas traditions.
    My husband has a tradition that I love. On Christmas Eve Mrs Clause comes and rings the doorbell. She leaves new PJs for everyone to ear Christmas night. I added that she also leaves a basket with a new Christmas mug, hot cocoa and some candy. I LOVE this tradition.
    Would anyone else like to share some of their Christmas traditions?
    I'm off cleaning cleaning, cleaning. I also have a PT job interview on Tuesday to get ready for.
    My gooshness everyone is sick! Even my girls are starting somew sort of head cold. Their noses are running like faucets. They're also teathing for their first teeth. It seems as if they've been teething for weeks.
    Oh, I am also going to try to get outside for a bit and plant all of these wonderful bulbs I have recieved. I AM SO EXCITED!
    -Monica

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Monica - ours is kind of like that too. Every Christmas Eve the kids get to open ONE present. Every year it's a new pair of PJs, but every year they are SO excited to open one present early! It is so cute! Then, Christmas morning, when I'm taking pictures, all the kids look so nice in ther new jammies!

Good luck with your interview, Monica! Hope your girls start feeling better soon!

And Sassy - I hope you are drinking LOTS of water, and taking your meds and getting lots of rest! That's horrible - in both lungs! Yuck! I hope you feel better VERY soon!!! Your antibiotics should help that! (I assume you got some, at least!)

Tracy - exciting that you are hosting the next swap! I'm sure it will be a good one!!

Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Monica and Becki, those are very sweet traditions! I love both of them!

One tradition that is not mine but was my mom's parents was to do absolutely nothing. On Christmas Eve when all six of their children were sleeping Santa Claus would come. With him he would bring the tree, all the decorations, the lights, the tinsel and all the presents wrapped up for everyone to tear into. There would be breakfast breads, danishes and cocoa already simmering on the stove top and Stocking stuffed with fruits and candies hung at the fireplace. My mom remembers it so fondly. Whenever she talks about Christmas when she was young her eyes light up with the excitement they felt at waking up to this amazing sight of Christmas magically deposited by Santa overnight!

The only items that was ever put out in preparation for Christmas by her parents was the Nativity Set. Baby Jesus would not be with the set until Christmas Morning when he appeared in the manger with Mary and Joseph kneeling beside him with all the shepherds, animals and Wisemen around them.

• galium
    16 years ago

Becki-I really enjoy beading magazines. I also order most of my beads from Fire Mountain Gems.

Sassy-Glad you saw a Dr. I was concerned that you might have pneumonia. I've been through the same thing. Cold or Flu=Pneumonia. Feel better real soon.

All of our Christmas traditions have changed, since our DD moved out, except for one. We have a big breakfast Christmas morning. We also watch 'A Christmas Story' on Christmas Day and the 'Yule Log'.
    Have a great weekend,
    Mariann

• mellen
    16 years ago

Deb, I received my swap box from you today. Thank you so much for the great gifts. This is what she sent:

-spice pumpkin potpourri
    -2008 English garden calendar
    -flaming parrot tulip bulbs
    -queen of the night tulip bulbs
    -rococo parrot tulip bulbs
    -daffodil scarlet royal bulbs
    -blue Dutch iris bulbs
    -mixed morning glory seeds

I googled the tulips, and they look like real beauties. I look forward to growing them. Thanks so much, Deb, for your thoughtfulness. Mary Ellen

• hotshott
    16 years ago

I finally had a minute to myself when my husband came home from work. I bee lined to the outside, of course. I moved two rose bushes that were preexisting but covering up some old iron cold shutes. I replanted those, planted some iris bulbs I got from my step-mom( I LOVE THEM) AND- planted all the beautiful Tulip Buld Mary Ellen sent me. Oh, I can't wait til spring and see some beautiful flowers on this naked landscape. It's comming along slowely but surely.
    The girls are still sick but are in good spirits and hanging in there. I've got a lot to do today : update my resume, clean my dining room, etc. Oh, does it ever end?
    Are any of you stay at home moms? or used to be? What do you do to keep from braking down? I'm just constantly overwhelmed here. I really am worried about this job thing too. We really need the money, but I'm wondering if I can be a good wife, mother, and keep up with the house.

I love those traditions. I have thaught about not decorating the tree until Santa came, but I just love it so much. On many nights in december, I have just sat in nothing but the lights of the Christmas tree. I love it when it's late at night and just zone out to the tree.

-Monica

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Monica,
    You are just like me when it comes to the Christmas tree - I love to look at it. We have so many ornaments that have been passed down through the family, ones my daughters made when they were little, special ones that I received from friends... just has to make you feel good! My favorite part of Christmas is late Christmas Eve when I am finally finished with all the preparation, the gifts are wrapped and under the tree, the stockings are filled, and I sit like you do - with the tree lights on - and just sort of soak in all the holiday spirit and relax for a few minutes before bed time.
    Have a good week.
    Jeanne

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Monica,

I am a stay at home mom and have felt very overwhelmed on occasion. Especially when the kids were babies. We sometimes feel as if we are not doing everything just right. The kitchen may be clean and the kids are happy and playing but the laundry has piled up. The flowers are weeded but now the toys are all over the house. Or finally everything seems to be picked up and in its place you can now relax for a while, oh no, wait, you need to start dinner!

I still feel like that occasionally but then I stop myself and think I am only human. I have done quite a lot of work, we are getting take out. A rare thing in our house but a nice break from dishes after a long day is not a bad thing. I try to get several things accomplished every day but also try to do one thing that I want to do. Something that will make me happy. Not a regular chore, just something that I have been wanting to get done.

If you go back to work you are going to need to ask your hubby for help with chores. It is just not possible to do all that you do now and have a full or even part time job. You need to make an agreement before you start back on which chores you would like him to help with. You will have a lot less stress this way.

I love the idea of Christmas just appearing over night. I think it must have been amazing for my Mom and her brothers and sisters to wake up and see that miracle on Christmas morning. But! I need to tell you the downside of this... My grandparents stayed up all night getting all of this ready for the kids. Can you imagine all the cooking and cleaning up for company that had to be done on NO Sleep? AH! I am like you. I love to sit by the fireplace and watch the lights on the Christmas Tree. Seeing all the old ornaments with the new ones, ornaments we made when we were kids that mom gave back to us once we started our families, the ornaments the kids have made. A christmas tree is like seeing generations of family and tradition all together in one spot.

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone in Petal Pushers know that I added a final game to the Petal Pushers Seed Swap. You can participate even if you are not doing the Petal Pushers Seed Swap. It is open to all members.
    We had some really nice temperatures here this weekend... still waiting for that much needed rain though!

Jeanne

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Our Christmas Traditions now that the boys are grown and gone are still basically the same. Fox got me a beautiful new Christmas Tree that has the fiber optic lights so no stringing the lights. The ornaments are all special, no theme just a mixture of old and new, from family past down to friends and of course home made ones. I know alot of you that know me really think that Christmas could never be the same, well its not... but Christmas is a time of joy, love and peace. Traditions (even new ones) bring a smile to loved ones. We hang the stockings way before Christmas and fox and I have hidden the presents in the "Christmas closet". Christmas Eve we still have the one present rule, of course as kids do they always pick the biggest present so we put the jammies in the biggest box we can (yes I do think the boys know this by now and just do it for mom and dad). Then everyone goes to bed and on Christmas morning (doesn't matter how old they are) they wake us up at the crack of dawn (after we have snuck all the presents to under the tree and filled the stockings and placed them on their beds) so they can open gifts. LOL yeah we make them wait while we take our sweet time making breakfast (ok who eats breakfast before gifts??? we do.... TORMENT I know). We still do that. Our traditions now include (regardless of where we are at) a few minutes in our own zone to be thankful that we were able to have Cole Matthew with us for 12 years.

I do the same thing with our Christmas tree and just sit there thinking and relaxing. Christmas is full of all kinds of traditions and beauty.

Sassy, I hope you get the crud outta your system soon sweetie.

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi girls, not going to try to sit here and read all the posts and respond to everyone, so I'll just say glancing over the posts, we all seem to have alot of the same traditions. I've always given 1 gift on Christmas Eve, but always something different. The jammies thing is a good idea, I'll do that with Kenzie!

Ok, health update, drugs are good! lol Wow, I almost feel human again! I was so stupid. I honestly thought I had a bad cold, then thought.....well its turned into the flu, then started getting worried. Don't any of you take Dr. Sassy's advise, shes a lousy doctor:) And I thank you all so much for the well wishes.

Wow it feels so good to feel like chating again.

Monica great idea, Tracy & I had already spoken of that, she'll do a great job hosting, hope for lots of sign ups!

Sassy is on her way back so watch out!:))

{{gwi:1306271}}

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Um Sassy, I think it is time for a spa day for you! That last picture is a little frightening! I am sooooo glad that you are starting to feel good again! WOO Hoo! Awesome news! I started the new sign ups today, so everyone come on and let's play!!!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lol! I got pimples that need poppin' or bumps that need bumpin' or......whatever lol

Ok, I'm still on drugs, can I help it? NOOOOOOOO!

Thanks Tracy for helping me! Hugs girl!

Sassy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I am sending you a giant tub of Clear-a-sil! And a facial mask, or maybe just a mask! Eeeeeek!
    {{gwi:1306273}}
    I am so happy to help my friend! It is always a pleasure!