Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
update: ~obf~ october fest halloween swap~

Posted by lunamoon 5 MA (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 07 at 22:09

Our Bloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol or skohler/susie via email.

Here is the partner list.....

mellen ~~~> debbya
debbya ~~~> missg
missg ~~~> lunamoon
lunamoon ~~~> ilovefarac
ilovefarac ~~~> wynative
wynative ~~~> mellen
remy ~~~> dirt_under_my_nails
dirt_under_my_nails ~~~> theresa24
theresa24 ~~~> sguanzon
sguanzon ~~~> remy

Packages should be mailed out by the 15th. Please post delivery confirmation number when your box is sent and let us know when you receive your box.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: ~obf~ october fest halloween swap~

Susie needs a break for hopefully a short time, so carol needs a helper to help keep track of newbies ect, could I get a voulenteer please, light work just sending out rules and questionaires to newbies and helping to keep track of everyone, a helper please. thankyou hugs carol

o

Thanks for the partner list! Looking forward to sending to Wynative!

o

Mellen,

Please send me your address, your package is ready to go out on Wednesday.

Ilovefarac ~ looking forward to seeing the surprises you send :))

Marie

o

Ladies. I would like to drop out of OBF. In the future, I may consider joining again, and hope that I will be welcomed back since I have always been a good exchange partner. Some events from earlier in the year have made me realize that people will disappoint, and this is the main reason I'm leaving the group.

If you want specifics, I'll be happy to let you know the reasons.

Thanks.

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 19:58

Klick,
I'm sorry to hear you'll be dropping out. You know you're always welcome here : )

April,
It will be nice sending to you. I know you like my plants so it should be easy to put together a good box : )
Remy

o

Klick, I wanna know why. I really do need a helper, Sue wants a little rest, she won't be angry if you help me. please tell them Susie, they seem afraid to help out or just don't wanna help. HELP PLEASE!!! hugs carol

o

Ladies it is true . I just have a few private trades to catch up on this month , also family matter to take care of , so i hope that you all have fun & safe trades .

Klick I hope you was not dissappointed by one of our members as you know We do try to work out any misunderstanding about trades . personal or monthly swap,
that is why we started this group .
but it has to be brought up to us to be able to help .

So ladies Here it is carol needs for someone to help with any new members that might want to join .
I will pop in now & again . & I'm around if anyone has any questions or a problem :))) .

Have a great evening
susie

o

Carol-I should be able to help out until Susie is back. My hectic schedule is slowing down thank goodness.

Klick-So sorry to hear you are leaving the group, you will really be missed.

Susie-I know how it is when things get a little too fast for us. Please pop in when you can.

Shirley

o

Hi lunamoon,
Please email me your infor.
Thank you Gale

o

Thanks Shirley for offering to help carol that is nice :))
well ladies have a great swap :) Happy Halloween all
susie

o

Mellen,

Your package is on its way :) conformation #0307 0020 0000 4012 3947

Have a great weekend and enjoy!
Marie

o

Ok, ladies. You want to know...

When I hosted the RR in January several members sent me IOUs as hostess gifts. It's now October and I've not received any of those plants/bulbs. Then, a month or so later, my swap partner said she was busy and would owe me a number of named daylillies as part of the deal. Those never showed up either. Then there was the box of a few dollar store items that I tried to make the best of... but couldn't. Then the box of plants that were wrapped in wet newspaper that basically rotted most of the plants... it goes on and on. It just feels like I put forward a lot of work, but got burned in return. I'm sincerely grateful to those who followed through on their swaps! It was a great group to be with, but with those promises that were never fulfilled and the bad boxes I think it's time for me to move on.

I'm a very positive, optimistic, and laid-back person. I joined this group because, at the time, it seemed like everyone was just like me. I'd had exactly one personal trade before that where I was burned, so a RR appeared to be the best way to guarantee it wouldn't happen again.

I was going to disappear from the forum altogether, but another member encouraged me to look into another group. This member told me of the great boxes she's received so far. I've already been sent a terrific box (from someone who happens to be part of OBF as well!) which has made me feel a little better about RR exchanges.

Again, I hope that in the future I'm welcomed back in case I wish to rejoin OBF.

Best wishes to you all.

o

Thu, Oct 4, 07 at 20:12

Klick,
I'm sorry about people promising things that were never sent. I don't send IOUs because I know I'm a person who forgets to send later on. I have good intentions, but my attention span is too short, lol. I sincerely hope people just forgot.
I'm also sorry you seem to have had a streak of bad luck. I don't know if you told the person about the wet newspaper plants, but they should of been told. I'm also sorry about the swapper who didn't fulfill their end of the trade. I do hope you sent them a message about it.
Sometimes bad luck just all collides with one person. I'm sorry it seems to have happened to you.
I've received many wonderful boxes from this group and not been short changed. Of course sometimes the boxes match me more perfectly than others, but that happens. If someone is out there sending really awful or poorly packed boxes, Carol or Susie should be told.
Ok Klick I know told you I'm sorry a bunch of times though I know none of it is my fault, but I do feel bad. No one should be leaving because of feeling short changed. The group was formed so people would be sent nice plants and not get stiffed!
Remy

o

Klick, I wish you would re-consider and stay with the group. Like everyone else I'm sorry you have been short-changed with trades.

I know I try not to forget things, but sometimes it just happens, and I think we all do from time to time.

So, with that said, if I ever send out an IOU and forget to send what it is that I'm suppose to please, please give me a nudge, and tell me that you are ready for what-ever it is I promised to send.

I hope you will reconsider,and I've sent you an e-mail.
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Hi klickitat,
I'm new at OBF ,we do not know each other.
From what I'm reading it looks like you do
enjoy being a part of BF and the group enjoy
you being a member. I think it is important
to let Carol or Susie know who these
members are and what's going on. When something
is wrong if we don't say anything then one will
know what's happening. I'm sure the person that
gave you the IOU forgot. If you do enjoy your self hear
don't go, stay! and maybe you can help to encourage these ones,
to understand when you say yes, mean yes.
We all had to read the BFG guild lines.We all agreed
to honor the BFG guild lines.
Babe you take care.
Gale

o

Hi All,

Klick, please do give a reminder to those people. We really want you to stay. We weren't trading partners(to the best of my failing memory) and I don't do IOU's either because one never knows what life will bring so I HOPE it is not me. But if it were, I would want to know and I'm sure the others feel the same.

Anyway, glad to be participating this month after a few months off. I think my life is settling down some (I am knocking on wood). I am excited to send to Sue G. I even have a few things from your want list. Please do send your updated info page though.

Seems to be much quieter around here these days.

Theresa

o

Gale~ I emailed you my info. Let me know if you don't receive it.

o

I appreciate all your comments on my situation. The reason I did not remind anybody of their IOUs was partly because Susie posted over and over during the winter months that if you sent an IOU to write it down somewhere, and not expect to be reminded by the recipient. Because of that, I threw away the IOUs. I remember posting member names that sent them to me in the January exchange threads, but I'm not going back over there to find out who owes me. It's a non-issue at this point, and I'm not bringing all this up to rehash the problem. I voiced my concerns because many of you asked me to both in this thread and by email.

As for the exchange partner who IOU'd me some bulbs... I did remind her once in a thread when a list was posted of future recipients and I wasn't on that list. It didn't seem right to continue bugging her... I trust you ladies to send your share of all trades.

Thanks.

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 6, 07 at 16:03

Jules, I am very sorry that you feel as you do about our group. I do truly hope that you will come back someday.

With that said, in the past few days I have gone way back to all of the threads since January, and I am confused with some of the things that you are saying. Also, the person who wrapped their plants in newspaper were following GW directions exactly on how to wrap and ship plants.

Best wishes,
Mary Ellen/Mellen

o

Klick
I'm trully sorry I was one of the I O U Who forgot your plants . But As you just stated above I did post for anyone with iou's to email or turn in their I O U's to the sender in the spring & well you did not contact me with your I O U's as others did & it was my mistake I guess for not looking back onto the swaps to see If I had any more out to send . So I'm sorry & I 'm sure you know if you would have kept & turned in you gift certifacates you would have had your plants way last spring & enjoying many blooms I'm sorry you did not remind me .
However I did not get them in the mail today as planned for I had to leave early this morning to go to a plant exchange & BOY I have my work cut out tomorrow :)))
No BINGO For me :)
& klick your plants will be in the mail on monday for sure . .

Now Just my 2 cents I feel that we should stop the Hostess gift as of Jan 08 When we pick new Hostess for the year . its getting to exspensive allong with the reg swap & some of you all are into 2-3 swaps , but if you can afford it & you want to do it that is a choice you make . but don't feel that it should be mandatory any more .
well it has been a long busy day & I 'm going to lay back .
But I want to say this last thing .
we have a great group here even though we might have a few changes here & there we have tried to keep this a safe & honest place to swap . Carol & I both said in the begining if you have a problem with a box you receive
that is not what you think it should be contact us let us know what is wrong . we will try to get it worked out for you.
carol can send out the dogs . this is not a joking matter
really. & I just hope everyone knows that if you put care & love in a nice box others can see it & you will get back the same rewards . if not then others won't trade with ya . Its just that simple.

well good night ladies
susie

o

Klick, I think I may owe you a hostess gift, I am guilty of expecting folks to remind me, but started a journal today. I will get your plant out first of next week. sorry this move killed me. If Susie or I fail our commitment let me know also we can sick the dog on each other, and I have been told I am not perfect although I am sure they are wrong. please stay with us s happens but all in all we are a great group. hugs carol

o

Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 14:32

Susie and Carol, I have a dog, Lady, that I could sic on both of you. Would that work? LOLOLOL Sorry, but it wouldn't. All she would do is want you to pet her. She doesn't even growl that I have ever heard.

The two of you have repeatedly reminded us that we are to let you know if someone has not lived up to their end or send us a box that we are not happy with. Others HAVE done that in the past and people have corrected their mistakes. That is how we keep this a safe and honest place, my friends.

With this said, Jules, maybe you can e-mail Carol and let her know who needs to correct a mistake. Would that help? If you can't tell, I like you and would like you to stay with us.

Mary Ellen

o

I found this pic on the internet. Send those packages out or he will get you! LOL!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

That has got to be the world's UGLIEST dog!!!!!I've always thought myself to be an animal lover ,but I draw a line on that one.GAG!
Will have halloween goodies shipping out on Tues,as Monday PO will be closed.Will post confirmation # as soon as it flies.
Halloween Myspace Animated Gif
Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

I agree that dog is UGLYYYYYYYYY..Whew nasty.
I sure hope if I owe anyone any plants or hostess gifts they remind me. I just mailed last week Sassy's hostess gift from when she hosted her swap. That is how far behind I got during the hot and dry summer, I think I have watered flower beds every day all summer long.

I saw the play On Golden Pond today. I can't believe all the lines local folks memorize to put on a play. They don't miss a beat and I enjoy them so.

Shirley

o

April~ I believe that is actually the winner of the Ugliest Dog Contest. It's pretty creepy looking if you ask me....

I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend! I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's boxes!

Jenell

o

Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 22:03

Deb, that dog you posted scared me so much that I went and got your box all ready to go out in the mail. And the mail doesn't even got until TUESDAY!!! That's how SKEERED I was!!! LOLOL
Mary Ellen

o
Totally Random Trivia

The first person who correctly answers all 5 of these questions will win a dozen handmade (by me) scented votive candles.

1~ Why is October the 10th month when the prefix octo means 8?
2~ What plant has the largest seeds?
3~ What is my middle name?
4~ What does WD-40 stand for?
5~ Who was originally slated to play the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz?

o

Ok here goes nothing...
1 october was originally the 8th month, but it got moved back to ten after january and febuary were added
2 The world's largest seed comes from the coco-de-mer palm (Lodoicea maldivica)
3 Anne ?
4 Water displacement 40th attempt
5 Buddy Ebsen

o

1) October is the 8th month in the Roman calender, but the 10th month in the Gregorian calender-which we use today.
2)Double coconut
3)Marie
4)Water Displacement, 40th attempt
5)Ray boldger was originally cast to play the tin man, and Buddy Ebsen was the scarecrow, but Ray convinced MGM to switch their parts. Buddy had to give up the part of the tin man, because the aluminum in the tin man costume made him ill. He was replace by Jack Haley.

o

Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 22:48

Jenell,
I'll go with April's answers but guess Marie for the middle name(another popular one).

Deb,
OMG! What the heck was that thing?!!! Don't let children near the computer when that is on the screen. I may even have nightmares now,lol.

I was in an air hockey tournament yesterday at work. Really I was, lol. It was to raise money for United Way. It started with 64 people. I was in the top 4! I was the only woman left. I lost my my game though : ( I would of won $50 and a paid day off. It was still fun!

I've also been very busy trying to go through all my photos on the computer deleting the ones I don't want and up load the ones I want to keep. What a pain. I'm going to try and be more on top of that next year, and I probably will be in the same situation next fall,lol.

Ok, I better submit this before someone else takes my answer!
Remy

o

Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 23:12

LOL! See, I knew someone would guess Marie while I was typing!
Remy

o
Question!!

Wait....Is PULLARO your middle name or your maiden/last name??

o

OBF

I think ya'll are treating Klick unfairly, she said honestly why she wanted out of this group. No need to torment, ya'll asked and she gave her feelings on it. That is fair. No need to keep things up. Each one of us has a choice as to whether we want to stay in a group or leave, nothing binding. Give her some respect.

After this months swap I will not be participating. I do Love the friends I have made but I just can't deal with all the politics and friction, I have enough at home to deal with and would rather come to GW to have a fun time and make friends without having to tiptoe around.

Don't get me wrong, I have made some wonderful friends on OBF but if they are real friends then they will still be my friends when I leave.

Pixie

o

Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 9:50

Pixie,
I normally don't say anything. I am in general very happy go lucky person, and I let things slide, I prefer not to reply to or say argumentative things over the internet. But right now I am annoyed.
OBF is a wonderful group of women. My gardens would not be half as nice as they without this group. I have made great friends. One I've even had visit on vacation!
I meant every word I wrote to Klick. I do not read any meaness in any of the other posts. Everyone said they were sorry, and hoped she would stay. Then Deb, wonderful woman that she is, pulls out that ugly dog which is an old OBF joke about getting the dogs out on you if you don't keep up your end of the bargain to lighten everything up. The topic had changed. I don't understand how this could possibly be tormenting someone. And now you drag it right back into the thread.
I could say more on the subject, but I won't, I would like to let it go.

Remy

o

Gm Ladies
Just wanted to say I do have jules Box ready to go out in
todays mail. I now have to find time to get to town.
witch is going to be as soon as i post this conf# 0306 1070 0001 0517 0391.
& again say Sorry & if there is anyone else in the group that I owe Please say so ,we all have many other things going & do forget .

Pixie Remy is right No one is ragging on Jules the dogs
have been with us since the start of our group .
& from now on we will or should let all new members Know about our dogs :))) they are what make us a safe & fun group to be in :)

well daddy has a couple things for me to do fore going to town :( so you all have a great week , Klick I hope you enjoy the mix :)

susie

o

Ladies, I think Pixie is not referring to the dogs. I think she is referring to how you seem to be blaming Klick for not chasing after the debtors of the IOU's. These were hostess gifts. Gifts are different than an incomplete trade. They are an expression of gratitude, friendship and an expression of warmth. It is difficult for polite people to say to someone "where is my gift?" I hope you understand the nature of my posting. I feel that Klick's feelings were hurt, instead of a sincere apology, she received a quick apology and then told how she failed to push the senders. She is a lovely polite person. One who would never chase after someone to send something that they may not want to send. I fail to see how any of this is her fault in the least. She has been honorable in her silence.

I hope you all understand that I mean no offense to you or your group.

Respectfully,
Tracy

o

Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 12:58

Hi I just took a break from gardening.
Tracy,
I know you mean perfectly well, really : )

People are reading this thread and thinking there are OBF stiffing people everywhere and I do not like that.

I went back and checked. 17 people participated in the OBF Fruitcake swap in which Kick was the hostess. Of those 17, 2 did not send a hostess gift that I could find. One was hummingbirddaisy who is no longer with group and not even GW. She probably did send an IOU. The other is the other Tina, mmq..., she doesn't mail plants. I suppose she could of not sent a gift though, but I don't know for sure, I could of missed a post.
There was one partial gift. It was from Carol. She did send an IOU in with a gift. At the time, I don't think Carol realized she was moving. If I moved, I probably would of forgot a hostess gift too.
Anyway here is the final post on the Valentine's exchange by Klick.

"* Posted by klickitat zone 7b GA (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 1, 07 at 16:27

Hi girls! Quick drop in to thank the following gals for their wonderful hostess gifts from the January Fruitcake Swap!

theresa24:

- Package of Jobe's plant food spikes (just in time, I'm running out)
- Pink flower lolipop
Seeds!!!
- Boltonia
- Datura discolor
- Single pink hollyhock
- Joe Pyeweed
- Siberian Blue dianthus
- White Hollhock
- Malva Zebrina

Lunamoon:
- Pair of well-needed gardening gloves
- Dove chocolate bar (gone at this point)
- Plant markers!!

veeja11:

- Messenger for plants
- IOU for 2 daylillies and 2 lillies!

Thank you, ladies, for your support and gifts. I had a great time hosting the January swap and look forward to the next time I can do it again.

Best of luck in the February Swap!"

I hope this puts some of this to rest.
Remy

o

Hi Jenell,
Yes I did get your email.
Thank you
Gale

o
Trivia Winner!

The winner of the totally random trivia contest is........ hazelnutbunny!

Congratulations! I'll mail out your candles in the next few days.

o
Nutbunny?

Are ya shore?

lol

Congrat's Nutbunny!

o

Eeekkk! It's the infamous Sassy-nut-cat-bunny!!

Wanna Dance???

Nice to see ya, Sassy!! Sure missed ya!!! :O)

o
PS...To Luna!

Jenell~

I enjoyed your trivia quiz!! It was fun! :O)

o

Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 22:23

Congrats, Hazelb on your win. You're gonna looooove Jenell's candles. She had my name for a year-long swap so I was the recipient of some of her awesomely wonderful candles. Plus being a great swap gifter, and just downright nice lady. Have a nice evening everyone. Mary Ellen

o

Sorry to see the girls go that are leaving, but love my bf's
if you feel you aren't a match with us then we are sorry to see you go. good luck in your lives and visit once in awhile Sassy, kitties eat bunnies. I have not had to use the dog in over a year, boy deb that is one homely dog, hope he isn't yours. big hugs to my bf's
carol

o

Well Carol, if kitties eat bunnies.......I guess I'm a damn good kitty!

Thanks for acknowledging that fact!
Sassy

o

o
hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

o

Carol,
That is the ugliest dog I've ever seen! I found the picture while surfing the internet, and had to share it with everyone!

My guys are spoiled (and look better, LOL) here's pics of all of them.

Melvin

Toby

Mickey

o

Debbya,

Love, love, love your babies! Bostons are great pets ~ my Jr. aka Lord J.R. Wolfenstien :) was the joy of my life for 18 years.

Thanks for sharing,

glitter-graphics.com
Marie

o

Tue, Oct 9, 07 at 12:04

Deb, If hubby remembers, your box will be going out in today's mail. I will get the DC # from him and post it later. We continue to have beautiful weather. Blue skies and 70's. Where is Fall? Mary Ellen

o

Lol, Deb I have to agree with all of you, that dog should win the ugly contest, lol.

But your 3 are just adorable. I've never been able to get over Toby's mugshot! He looks like hes a mess. lol Thanks for sharing them, we haven't seen them in awhile.

Sassy

o

Thought I had posted but forgotten, I guess! I sent your box to you Marie. I have the dc # here somewhere. YOu should have today or tomorrow for sure. Thanks, Melinda

o

Hi Melinda,

Thanks for letting me know ~ Can't wait to see what you sent.
Here is who my daughter is watching this week...
Sherman
Sherman

Shermans human sister was watching him for a week and when I went to pick him up he needed a bath REALLY bad. This next pic is just to funny not to share. Not really 'scary' but Sherman was not that thrilled about it LOL
Bathing Sherman

We 'baby' aka pet sit for several different people, dogs of just about every shape and size but Sherman has a special place in our hearts. He is 10yrs old and just a joy to have visit.

o

Tue, Oct 9, 07 at 20:51

Hi All,
I'm taking a break from canning. I went to the farmer's market this morning and bought tomatoes and long hot red peppers. I'm also going to make tomatillo salsa, but that is from my garden.
I also weeded out a small section of garden and replanted it. My pot ghetto is getting smaller, but I still have one.

I plan on mailing to April at the beginning of next week. I emailed her already, and she said that is just fine.

Melissa,
Congrats!
Jenell,
You never said which was your middle name Marie or Pullaro.

Sassy,
You (and Melissa too) are too funny with the cat/rabbit pics! I'm glad you are feeling better : )

Carol,
Big hugs to you too!

Deb,
You can tell your dogs are well loved.

Marie,
Sherman is a cutie. The tub pic reminds me of my Lady. She died of old age last year. She was a Sheltie which is mini collie, or as my Gary would say, Lassie gone through the washer and dryer.
I have a new dog now Sammie.I posted pics when I first got her and She was so thin. The people who owned her were starving her. She is healthy and happy now. I'm going to have to take a pic.

Maryanne,
I went back behind the garage today. And guess what? Yes, after being burned to a crisp, then starting to re-grow and then getting trampled to death by the construction guys, the rose of sharon has started to grow again!!!! Never say never : )

Ok, I got to get back in the kitchen.
Have a good night,
Remy

o

cute doggies, ya know ladies if ya shave those legs the mailman will be more likely to stop, bunnies and kitties have pretty furry legs, wouldn't wanna see the mailman pass you by. we also have a furry legged carrot in our group is it time to send out razors again / hugs not furry carol

o

Remy~ My middle name is Marie. Pullaro is my maiden name.

Stay tuned for more Totally Random Trivia.....

o

Remy, it felt good to have alittle fun again:) Nutbunny knows I lovesss her big ears! (BTW, Debs babies are spoiled rotten and how dare you call them dogs!) You know I'm kidding *giggles*

Marie, Sherman is just adorable. I love animals so much.

Sassy

o

Tue, Oct 9, 07 at 21:37

Hey Carol, my legs are almost as furry as a bunny, but guess what? The mailman stopped with a box for me anyway!!! I think I better shave, though, and not take any more chances. There was a look of fear in his eyes. Or was it disgust or...Yep, it's razor time again.

As I was saying above, more specifically, I received my swap box from Marie/WYnative. I was just beaming with delight when I went through the contents.

--Fall window clings for my room at school--WooHoo--they will be put up tomorrow!
--a pumpkin decoration to set out
--yarn napkin holder in the shape of a pumpkin--very cute that we are now using for the season
--pretty fall colored towel with a recipe for Jack o' Lantern cookies printed on it. There is also a Jack o' Lantern cookie cutter attached to it. This is great!
--And 3 different kinds of bulbs!
-wild tulip mix
-allium roseum
-peacock tulip mix--These last three bulb items really made my day, too. I will be anxious to see them grow. I know they will be pretty.

Marie, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and time that you spent putting these wonderful gifts together. I like and appreciate them each and every one. You are the BEST!!!

Mary Ellen

o
RE: update: - ~obf~ october fest halloween swap~

Tue, Oct 9, 07 at 21:41

Hey, hey, Deb, Hubby remembered to mail your box today. The DC# is 0306 0320 0005 0098 7735. Since you live "next door" to me, let's see how long it takes to get to you. k? Sorry, no razors in it. Didn't know in time. My hairs were wavin' in the breeze today, but it didn't make a diff. Must of been because they were combed and moussed so nicely.
Later,
Mary Ellen

o

Hello All! Just posting to let Theresa know that here spooky box is on its way.Confirmation # 0306 0320 0004 5120 2338
Halloween Myspace Dividers

o

Woo Hoo! It seems like forevor ago that I received a box. I'm awfully excited! Sue, yours will go out Monday. I hope that's okay. I want to spend some time this weekend DIGGING! I think Monday is the deadline so should be okay but lmk if that doesn't work for you.

And, that dog DID win the ugliest dog contest several years running until he passed away a few years ago. I actually saw this contest on TV a few months ago. That particiular breed of dog (I don't remember the name) is just an ugly breed and there were several in the contest of that breed. None in the contest were THAT bad though. Anyway, the competitors in this ugly dog circle all seem to miss this one dog(the one in the picture) and say he was a very sweet dog. Besides being ugly, they also have a difficult time walking...something to do with their legs being deformed usually.

Theresa

o

Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 22:21

Hi All,
I'm still canning!!! It will never be done,lol, and now my fingers are on fire. I said to Gary to remind me not to be an idiot next year and bring home some gloves from work.

Jenell,
Marie is your middle name. I should learn to type faster, lol. Well, maybe I'll win the next one : )

Carol/Mellen,
I think my big behind sticking out from flower beds and the messed up hair and dirt on my face scares my mailman too much.
It got cold today and is suppose to stay that way for awhile. I guess it is time to start growing the winter fur. I need my insulation,lol.

Theresa,
Wow, I though I was full of strange trivia! But It is interesting to know. I had wondered if that photo was doctored.

Hope everyone who hasn't been around is ok and just busy,
Remy

o

Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 22:32

Fall is definitely in the air. Sunny and 50's here today. Big change from the week-end when we were sweating bullets.

Remy, were you working with hot peppers, per chance? Nasty, nasty!!!

Hubby just got home. Bye, Mary Ellen

o

My little tiyli s in season and I won't be breeding her till spring, dogs are all sround today an ugly snorting pek, they always seem to snort. tried to find a numnber on his tag but he stunk the troubles of being a madam, plus my other job. A summer litter is much easier to sell. hubby is getting group photo teady so if I don't have your pic in your hat, just stick out a harry leg and he will put that in. big hugs carol

o

Mary Ellen,
Glad to hear that you recieved your goodies and you liked what I sent.

Remy ~ thanks! Sherman goes back to his Mom tomorrow but he comes to visit again on the 22nd :-)! My own dog is a Border Collie ~ Patty aka Patty Pooch/Patricia Sue LOL She came to us in the same shape as your Sammy 5 years ago - she is now 7 and the sweetest dog ever. Patty will do ANYTHING for my daughter ~ dig holes, chase the bulls, sing, lets the cats & Sherman ride on the flat spot in the middle of her back (she is a bit chunky, hehehe) and even climb trees!

Luna - love the middle name LOL

glitter-graphics.com
Marie

o

Check this out....

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2007/06/23/1182019418666.html

Here is a link that might be useful: This year's winner

o

Melinda ~ I just went threw my box and am soooo pleased with EVERYTHING!

For bulb/plants, I recieved LOTS of seeds, 3 different types of Tulips ~ Orange, Mickey Mouse and Lily, Mount Hood Daffadiles, Mixed Crocus & Mixed Dutch Iris. A very cute little Halloween snow globe & pumpkin spice scented candle, that goes with my work desk decorations perfectly. 2 beautiful fall Kitchen towels, a real nice wall hanging for Thanksgiving and a small orange bucket filled with autumn colored silk flowers and plasic decorative goards. These are great as I don't have a lot of Thanksgiving type decorations for my office.

Melinda you must have esp! This morning I used the last sheet of paper from my old magnetic note pad! I was thrilled when I discovered that you had sent me a new one :) They are the best thing for hanging on the fridge for the 'we are out of' lists.

Thanks for sending such a great box!
Marie

o

(hubby is getting group photo teady so if I don't have your pic in your hat, just stick out a harry leg and he will put that in...)

Carol, I don't have a hat - never got one - and that is okay - don't worry about it.
Do you want a picture anyway?

Jeanne

o

I didn't get a hat either. I can send photo, though, if needed. I actually do have a recent pic of myself. Usually I am never in them cuz I am taking them.

Should I email it to you Carol?

o

Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 21:59

Mary Ellen,
Lol, yes peppers, I forgot to add that part to what I wrote last night. Oh, and I of course washed my hands a million times because of cooking and the peppers. The burning subsided by the time I went to bed. This morning I got up and washed my face. I touched my eyes, oh the pain!! I don't think I will forget the gloves next time, lol.
The special ed class came today. They got split in two groups of 10. They were very good, and quite a few of them were very sweet. I think they were especially proud of themselves when they got the answers right to questions I asked. I did keep their attention except for when the big pallet jack when by. I guess I'm not as exciting as huge power equipment, lol. They all tried the samples except one boy who wouldn't eat anything. I did kid with him about it, and tried to get him to eat. He even kidded back about it, but he wouldn't eat.
There was one boy Anthony who I really felt bad for. He was in a wheel chair and could hardly move and his speech was bad, but he didn't seem very slow to me. I think he has a very bad case of cerebral palsy. His mother was there, and she was a very loving woman.
Anyway, it went very well. They were much better than some of the "normal" classes I get!

Marie,
I would love to have a border collie, but I have a hard enough time keeping Sammie entertained and exercised. I believe you dog is the sweetest dog ever, because Sammie is too. I actually call her "my sweetness". How anyone can starve such loving animals is really beyond me.

Theresa,
That is one ugly dog!! I never knew of this contest before,lol.

Carol,
How exciting!, no, not the dogs, lol, the group photo, and you even have a couple offers to send in pics!

Have a good night everyone,
Remy

o

yep ladies please send me pics even if you didn't get a hat, so hubby can make a group photo, nice if arms are out or you are sitting in chair, must be full body shot or we will find a body to put your head on. send these asap please. thankyou hugs carol

o

I am glad you liked the box Marie! Hope it all does well for you! Thanks, Melinda

o

Mary Ellen's package arrived yesterday. I love it! Thank you so much Mary Ellen!

I'll post the contents of the box later. I'm waiting for a phone call to pick up my car. Luckily, it's under a bumper to bumper warranty still. The engine started to make a ticking noise, plus the window went off track and started grinding.
And my Son had toe nail surgery on both toes. His nails are continually turning ingrown and very painful! We wanted to do a permanent solution (operation) and the Dr. said it would be too dangerous with the infection. We considered lazor, or acid. The Dr. recommended acid, but said that if we did it now, the acid could possibly take some infection into the bone and that would lead to amputation. He said ingrown toenails are hereditary, but both me and my Husband don't have them?
They ended up cutting the nail in half, plus cut 1/4th on each end. He ended up with 4 pieces of nail out on both big toes, plus everything was drained. Once he heals he can then go for the permanent nail procedure.

I feel as though I wrote a book and could of just listed Mary Ellen's box contents!

Be back later!

Deb

o

Fri, Oct 12, 07 at 21:21

Deb,
Oh the description about your son's toes is just making me cringe, the poor kid! I hope the doc got everything fixed so he heals properly.
Remy

o

I got 2 pics but need lots more. I forgot to let my dog out. she used the litter box. is my dog smart or what? head shots only will get a body please let me know if you prefer clothed. thankyou. hugs carol. bunny your head would be put on a bunny body, so try to send full body shot

o

Fri, Oct 12, 07 at 23:03

Remy, Thanks for letting me know how your day with the kids went. Whenever we went on field trips or to programs in the gym, etc., and we sat with "our kids," Judy and I always thought ours were the best behaved of the whole group. I am so happy to hear that it went to well. And yes, ManMachinery could take some interest away from the topic at hand for a bit. lol Duh! You stuck your pepper-burned finger in your eye. lololol That's something I would do.

Carol, Surely your hubby is not as crazy as you are and will be putting heads on weird objects? I can't wait to see this picture!!! The first one was funny enough!

Deb, happy to hear the box made it to you and that you liked it. Ouchie! Toe surgery. That bothers me to read it almost as much as eye surgery. Now that can REALLY get me going!

Hi, Jeanne, Theresa, and Marie, and anyone else reading.

We've had an extra kitty visiting us for the past week. My parents went to Wisconsin for a vacation, and they left their cat with us. She and our cat have been having their hissing issues with each other but no fights. About 4 years ago, our son found her abandoned, all wet, and bedraggled outside a convenience store in a nearby town. So he brought her home. After searching, nobody claimed her so he wanted to keep her. Now, we already had 2 cats. For us, 3 was just too many. Soooo, with a little cajoling, "grandpa and grandma" took her rather reluctantly. But boy do they love her now.

We are finally having fall weather. Temps in the 50's and 60's during the days now and lower 40's at night. We've been pretty lucky to have hung on with the warmer weather as long as we have. We usually have had a hard freeze way before this along with many frosts. I think we have had only 1 frost and no freezes, yet. Yes, pretty lucky, in my opinion. The farmers have really been able to get a lot done.

Mary Ellen

o

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm here to brag about the box I received from Dirt_under_my_nails. Thanks so much, April, for the wonderful box. It was waiting for me when I got home yesterday and I plan to finally have a little time in the garden this weekend so I look forward to planting the Daylilies. Everything was wonderful and the Dove cookies are already gone!
My box included:
The above mentioned wonderful Dove chocolate toffee cookies
2 daylilies
Witches brew foaming bubble gum
Halloween cookie cutters
tulips and crocuses
a halloween wind sock
a witch hat tea light lamp with cinnamon tea light candles
Apple Cider
Stickers and scrapbook paper
a ghost wall plaque
A nice card to tie it all together.

We will have a lot of fun getting ready for Halloween this year. My boys will have a ball seeing the new decor. Thanks, April, for your thoughtfulness.

Okay....I'm off to start my weekend.

Theresa

o

Sat, Oct 13, 07 at 20:27

Mellen,
The teacher came back and stopped to ask me where the juice I handed out was and I talked to her for a few minutes. She is such a nice lady and very proud of her students.
It has gotten colder here too. Gary has a fire going. I told him he must get the second coat of paint on the new siding where the fire was tomorrow. I can't plant until it is painted.

Carol,
Melissa's head on a bunny! Great Idea, lol. The dog going in the litter box is pretty smart!

Theresa,
Nice to hear what a great box you got!

Marie,
Gary took a few pics of the doggies today. Here's one of them playing and trashing my compost bags! Well, dogs will be dogs : )

Here's a pic of Sammie after I got her. She actually looked worse than this pic shows!

Where's everyone else? Stop in and say hi if your out there : )
Remy

o

Remy-Sammie looks so sad in the picture I bet she's glad she belongs to you now.

Carol-Glad to hear the picture of everyone in their hats will be finished soon can't wait to see it.

We now have a new dog, DH took his hunting dogs to get their rabies shot and a couple was looking for a new home for their husky so he brought her home to me. I named her Hanna and we have already got attached to her.

Shirley

o

Hi Jenell,
Your Package is on the way
Priority mail, Confirmation
number is 0103 8555 7492 9957 4180
I hope you enjoy.
Gale

o

Sun, Oct 14, 07 at 19:48

Shirley,
How wonderful! You got a new dog! : ) Hanna is a lucky one to be with you. Sammie does look so sad in the original pic. She is such a happy dog now. Her tale is always wagging, and she always tries to kiss me when I'm not looking,lol.
Remy

o

Girls, I have not had a full body shot of me since 3 or 4 kids ago (Thank Goodness!)!!! I rather doubt ANYONE wants to see that. :O) Unless you don't appreciate your eyesight. LOL

Hope everyone has had a great weekend! :O) Tomorrow is Monday. Icky Icky. Gonna go pout now. I sure hate Mondays. :O(

Melissa

o

Greetings Everyone! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

Just a reminder, please get your boxes out soon (if you haven't already) so that your partner can enjoy their goodies in time for Halloween.

I didn't get to the post office this weekend so I'll be mailing out my box tomorrow.

Jenell

o

Thankyou Shirley for your offer to help out, it is gratefully accepted. you may sick the dog on me if my humor gets me in trouble. I love this group and wanna keep it fun, so keep me in line. bunny we need your pic 3 or 4 yrs ago is fine. head only will get put on one of my kids bodies or will be a floating head. whatever dh can do. clothing is NOT optional. just me joking again, bad carol. Mellen has known me for a long time as has beth earthly anita and shirley, they can tell yall I"m only partially crazy. Remy I love your dogs. hugs carol

o
Totally Random Trivial Part 2

The first person to correctly answer all of the following questions correctly will receive a grab bag of handmade candles.

1~ From what pagan holiday did Halloween evolove?
2~ Besides orange what other color(s) do pumpkins come in?
3~ How tall am I?
4~ Do snakes have bones?
5~ This summer workers at a Dutch resort were surprised to find what floating in the sea?

I told you it would be totally random.... :o)

o

Mon, Oct 15, 07 at 8:33

Hi Jenell,
1 Samhain, an Irish(well, the people who lived there a long long time ago) harvest festival to honor the dead/fall. Halloween actually means hallow(holy) eve,because it is the day before All Saints Day.(Just some extra trivia I know, lol)
2 White through deep orange red. Though being a C. pepo type squash you probably could toss in a few other colors like blue or green.
3 5' 2" (no clue, lol. I think I remember you saying you were short, but of course I could be totally wrong.)
4 yes
5 a giant lego man (lol, I did just look that up.)
Remy

o
RE: re update: ~obf~ october fest halloween swap~

Mon, Oct 15, 07 at 8:51

Hi again,
I posted fast the answers fast this time in case anyone else was around, lol.
On top of getting April's box together, I have to paint the garage wall of siding today. I had already put one coat of paint on it. Gary was suppose to do the second coat over the weekend, but didn't. He was like I'll do it next weekend. I tried to explain before that I can not plant back there until it is painted because all the plants would get trampled and time is running out you know. Ah men!

Carol,
I can't wait to see the pic. The first one was great. I wish I had saved a copy!
Remy

o

Remy - Great pic of your "little darlin's" playing! Did this happen over the weekend? If so it must have been something in the air... I dug all of my potatoes and other veggys this weekend as it is to freeze tonight. Before I could get the potatoes put away my Collie and 2 kittens had them scattered the full length of my house! LOL I doubt that I have found them all but they had a great time. I need to take a new pic of Patty so that I can show her off.

Shirley - Congrat's on Hanna - husky's are so pretty!

Marie

o

OK I'm going with Remy's answers except for # 3 & I'll guess 5'3.Loving the totally random trivia!!!
Later...April/dirt

o

Well I just dropped in to say Hi sorry not been on much
Kidney stone again :( no fun . so far no talk of a crusher :) doc says they are small & should pass .

anyway Klick I see the plants arrived & Again I'm sorry
I forgot & I Hope In the future When anyone is sent a gift certificate for plants to be sent in the spring ,PLEASE Don't throw them out Just Remind Us .

I'm Going To Be Doing a seed swap For Nov Hope many of you will check it out.

time to go get it posted so give me time :)))

susie

o

Stay around susie we miss you and where the heck is beth and I miss my good friend from arkan, how do ya spell it ?I'm sure she is still around tho. who has the nov swap is it you susie?I love ya all big hugs carol. Susie could you post a member list. we lost a couple last month so I'm not sure who all are members. then shirley can have a list to go by. thankyou carol

o

I'm supposed to have the November swap, is yours an extra one Sue or in place of?

Carol, I'm still trying to have someone take a picture of me in my hat, don't have any other ones of me to send. I'll try to get it to you in next day or so.

Remy, I'm sending your box off today, I'll post DC# later...................

o

Remy & April~ Good answers but not quite....

HINT~ I am not short.

Hope everyone is having a marvelous Monday!

Jenell

o

Mon, Oct 15, 07 at 16:02

Sue G.,
How exciting! I'll let you know when it gets here.
I just saw the other post of Susie's. Her seed swap is a seed swap open to all, not a Bloomin' Friend's swap. You are still on : )

April,
You box is on its way. : ) DC#0306 3030 0001 8932 9186 . I think you'll like it. Well, I know I got one thing that's a for sure in there.

Jenell,
Your hostess gift is on its way. : ) DC #0306 3030 0001 8932 9179.

Susie,
'Bout time you posted : ) I hope the kidney stone thing passes soon. Lol, "passes soon" I just realized what I wrote. Anyway, I hope you are feeling better; it seems so, you are ready to start swapping seeds.

Marie,
Yes, over the weekend. Maybe they know winter is coming soon and they won't be able to play in the dirt in shot time.

Carol,
Where the heck is Beth? I haven't seen her post for some time.
Talk to you all later,
Remy

o

Hazelnutbunny~ I was gong to mail out your candles but I can't find your address. Can you please send it to me? Thanks!

o
~OBF~ October Fest Halloween Swap~

Melinda~ The confirmation number for your package is: 0306 1070 0000 7979 7860

o

Jenell- I emailed you through GW...and since we know how dependable that is, please let me know if you don't get it.
You can email me directly:
hazelnutbunny@hotmail.com
Or, if someone else has my address handy, they are welcome to send it to you. :O)

Have a great week!!
Melissa

o

Melissa~ I didn't get your email so I sent you one. Hope you get it!

Jenell

o

Susie so glad you're doing ok. Been worried about you!

Remy...love the pouch!!! Wanna snuggle!

Sassy

o

Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 8:42

Good Morning All,
I did get the second coat of paint on the garage yesterday, and I cleaned up the compost the dogs tore up, and got it on the ground behind the garage. Now I just have to plant! But I can't today: ( I have to go for a mammogram and check up, and help a relative.

Jenell,
No one put in a guess?! So I'll re-guess 5'9". Were you the one with the big feet when we had that discussion awhile ago? I thought it was Mellen, but maybe she has big feet too, lol. Well, I have big feet for how short I am, 5'2" and size 8 1/2 shoe. I have canoe feet.
Remy

o

Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 9:02

Good morning, Big feet? Moi??? I guess I never thought of myself as having big feet. I'm 5'9" with size 8 shoe. Is that big? Now I have a niece who is 5'10" who has big feet. You could actually use oars and row in hers. I think she is now a size 11. She gets that from her dad's side of the family not ours, of course. LOL

Susie, I'm glad to hear from you, too. Too bad about your pain. I've heard it is pretty terrible. This too shall pass.

Jenell, for some reason I have you pictured as being short and dainty. So you are tall and dainty?

Gotta go. Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Mary Ellen

o

Ok I'm 6' & have size 11 shoe. I'll take the oars!!!!
If we get to re-guess I'm going with 5'10.
Have a great day all!
later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Oh ladies, you do not have big feet! One of my sisters is 5'6" and she wears size 12's!!! Now that is BIG Feet!! Her shoes look like clown shoes.... flip, flip, flip LOL

Marie

o

HI Ladies
Yes I 'm fine Its the pain that kills you & any of you ladies who have given child birth can then imagine how
this feels :( at times :(

Anyway sueg Yes NOV Is your swap Month & you can post it for sign up anytime by the 20th so everyone will have time to know if they can play or not .

My seed swap is just something on the side I wanted to do
to try to find a few seeds that I can plant this fall & spring.

anyone here have any Lobelia blue wing or paper moon white ??? or just dark blue & a white ??? don't care about the name .

also need RED WHITE BLUE Columbines let me know :))

well as for the OBF list here is what I have at this time . but I like you do not know about a few of them for we have not heard from them . there is another new member But cannot find who it is so maybe someone can tell me who. Hope this Helps . also I think sandlapper_rose Might be doing the Dec swap Just checking for that info is on my other computer .
well time to lay back Have a great evening .
susie

amybabyboy3
Beth_B_kodiak
Britneygran
cedarnest
dancingmoon
Debbya
Dirt_under_my_nails
earthly Delight
Hazelnutbunny
Ilovfraca
Klickitat
lil_green_thumb
llbean
lunamoon
Mellen
Missg
NYvoices99
pixieluvsplants
raggedyanne161420
Remy
sandlapper_rose
Sassyd
sguanzon
skohler
Theresa24
Veeja11
Wynative

o

Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 20:45

Hi All,
I didn't have to help the relative so I got to get a lot planted this afternoon. The back of the garage is really shaping up! I even got mulch down. I did leave on spot bare because I ordered a peony, Seashell, that won't be here until tomorrow.
Susie,
The pink monarda did survive the fire! I'm amazed at the tenacity of some plants.

Mary Ellen,
Lol! size 8 at your height is small, very dainty.

April,
Lol! I imagined you as short. It is funny how you get pics in your head of people.

Marie,
I think your sister takes the prize for canoe feet, lol, poor woman. You just made me think of the Seinfeld episode "She had man hands." lol, She has clown feet! : )
Remy

o

Thankyou for the list susie. I think pixi dropped out. is everyone else still in ?please let us know so we have an up to date list can't wait for your swap sue give us a hint as to what it is going to be. I think most of us have stopped planting plants, so maybe live turkeys for thanksgiving. hubby almost has pic done so need those photo's in. Klick I have one of you are you still with us ? hugs my friends
carol

o

Mellen~ I don't think I've ever been accused of being dainty! lol

Dirt_under_my_nails is the winner of Totally Random Trivia Part 2!

I'm 5' 10" and I'm not telling how big my feet are! LOL

o

Hi, all. Just catching up with reading what everyone has been doing. Susie, I hope you are completely better soon. Yes, I will be doing the December Swap. I was planning to do a theme with a Christmas stocking, but I see that someone has already posted a Christmas Stocking theme for a Round Robin so I may think of something else. If you bought something specifically for a stocking or bought or made a special stocking, you can still use it. I don't want to spoil anyone's plans. Maybe I will make it an option to do a stocking or whatever the other idea is that I come up with!
I was at a meeting this evening and midway through we heard a downpour. Everyone was so excited because it has been nothing other than hot and dry here. Of course, I got home and not a drop of rain had fallen here. We need rain so badly. I transplanted a few things on Sunday and even with watering them, I think it was a mistake. They don't look good at all. If it doesn't rain soon, it makes me wonder what trees, shrubs, and perennials we will have by next year.
Enjoy the rest of the week and do a little rain dance for me!

Jeanne

o

Tue, Oct 16, 07 at 23:40

Klick is no longer a member of this group either.

Anyone ever been turkey bowling? You knock down pins with a frozen turkey. It's loads of fun! I know, I'm from Iowa, one of those Redneck thangs...

Vee, I thought Pixpla. quit, too. Not sure.

Night all,
Mary Ellen

o

o

Jeanne ~ Just to let you know that there is hope for you to get rain. We haven't had any to speak of since May and at my house over the weekend over 2 inches!! The farther south, the more rain ~ so by the time it gets to you, your drought should be over :)

Mary Ellen ~ "turkey bowling? " Wow, I haven't done that for sooooo long! It is great fun. I will have to see if they do that around here, my daughter and I would have a great time.

Remy ~ "Seinfeld episode "She had man hands." LOL, I forgot about that one!! Will have to check out the size of her hands next time I see her... hehehehe

Marie

o
Pull up a chair .This will take a while!

Remy.....THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Yipeee!! My package arrived from Remy today.Ya'll she sent me her whole garden in one box. I just kept pulling plants out!Will be busy when Brooke takes her nap!
I got:
~I love Alabama! beanie baby(love it!!!!Already hidden from my oldest)
~ book of bookmarkers
~magnetic shopping list
~ziploc full of candy
~zucchini pickles(never had these, can't wait to try them after they chill a bit)
~black sharpie marker
~Seeds~
Salvia patens 'Cambridge Blue'
Cypress vine mix
Zinnia 'Purple Dahlia'
Dame's Rocket
Japanese Morning Glory deep blue( I've seen these in your garden photos I belive. YAY!)
Scabiosa 'Beaujolais Bonnet'
~Plant~
* hardy cactus babies
*cayopteris babies
*white with red eye rose of sharon
*lychnis viscaria
*salvia 'Knockout'
*centaurea dealbata
*red spider lilies
*Jupiter's Beard
*Geranium pyrenicum alba
*stachys monieri'Saharan Pink'
*2 siberian iris
*silver sage
*chaenarrhinum
*iris graminea (plum scented iris)
* artemisia ' Valerie Finnis'
* 'Poets' and 'Accent' daffodils
I'm off to look all this stuff up.Hope I didn't forget to list anything.Thanks sooo much!I love it all!
April/dirt_under_my_nails
EditingMySpace.com,Your one stop graphic spotMyspace Layouts & Graphics

o

I always do this..... I did leave some things out.Also included were:
*3 yummy smelling candles( never have too many in my opinion)
* pink buttercup bulbs
*grape hyacinth bulbs
Maybe that got it all.LOL! Thganks again Remy!
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

I wasn't aware that Pixie dropped out. I spoke with her the other night, and she didn't mention it.

We are getting thunderstorms today, and we really, really do need the rain. High winds are suppose to come with it and that I do not want.

Sounds like everyone is getting great boxes
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Hi all. Many apologies and especially to sguanzon for not posting sooner and for sending her box a day late. DH saw the doc for arm problems and turns out he, apparently, had a stroke some months ago, probably in his sleep. He is having an MRI next week. He's only 48.

Sue, your box is on the way dc# 03062400000275418389

I know you all will say prayers for him.

Theresa

o

I was not aware that pixie had left either & I know she would have told me Right pixie ???? .

as for klick I do Hope she will stay on I'm Trully Sorry I forgot my promise of plants to her from Jan . I have sent them to her the conf# shows they arrived there was however one or 2 that I had traded out this pass summer so had to replace with another but hope she like's the replacement .

we have not Heard from amybaby In along while so Don't know about her.
well i have to go time for my chat with ANNIE :)))

susie

o

Yes, I have some ideas for November and I'll put together something to post soon. Hope my idea isn't a "Turkey" but could have something to do with that. Ha Ha.

Remy I used one of those machines in the lobby of the PO to mail your box yesterday and then handed it to the clerk because the line was 40 people long (I kid you not). When I checked the DC# today it didn't come up but I swear it's on its way you should get tomorrow, Friday at the latest, let me know will you?
DC#0306 2400 0001 3574 9943

Sue G.

o

Wed, Oct 17, 07 at 20:19

Congrats on the win April! I was so close!!! lol.
I'm glad you liked the box, and I'm glad you could figure out my writing: ) I had to pick up that beanie for you when I saw your trade page. Yes, the JMG is the one I took pics of. It should come true no others were blooming near it at the time.

Hi Jeanne,
Good to see you post. I'm sure you'll come up with a good option for the swap. I'm sorry to see you didn't get rain still! I will do a little rain dance for you : )

Mellen,
Turkey bowling I think you made it up while drinking, lol. Ok, I just got to the next post and see Marie has actually participated in this sport before, LOL! I retract my made it up while drinking commment, though maybe there is lots of drinking going on during the event, lol.

Marie,
Lol, I can see you checking her hands.

Annie,
I hope you get some rain too!!

Theresa,
I'm so sorry about your hubby. That is young to have had a stroke! Does that kind of stuff run in his family? Of course he is in my prayers.

Susie,
Pixie wrote earlier up in the thread she was not participating in any more swaps, unless she changed her mind, but she didn't post saying that.
I'm sure you mailed Klick a great box of plants. : )

Sue,
That happened to me one time. I got the slip for the DC from the worker, but when I checked there was no record of that number. The package got delivered ok, so I'm sure I'll see yours soon!
Remy

o

Wow, I guess I better learn to read the posts. Sometime I just pop in and then on the road again.

The saying goes, busy hands are happy hands.....But too many hours on the road make for one Raggedyann that is always behind and confused.

I'm not complaining; just stating a fact.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Here is pixi's post she did drop out of the group, I will take her name off the list. still hoping klick will change her mind. hugs carol
Posted by pixiesluvplants 8 (My Page) on Mon, Oct 8, 07 at 1:32

OBF
I think ya'll are treating Klick unfairly, she said honestly why she wanted out of this group. No need to torment, ya'll asked and she gave her feelings on it. That is fair. No need to keep things up. Each one of us has a choice as to whether we want to stay in a group or leave, nothing binding. Give her some respect.

After this months swap I will not be participating. I do Love the friends I have made but I just can't deal with all the politics and friction, I have enough at home to deal with and would rather come to GW to have a fun time and make friends without having to tiptoe around.

Don't get me wrong, I have made some wonderful friends on OBF but if they are real friends then they will still be my friends when I leave.

Pixie

o

yes I remember that post & Just so you all Know I had emailed her & we agree she just needed a break from
swapping for awhile as we all need to do from time to time .

There has been way to many misunderstanding in this group & I can no longer Keep up with it .

Carol You Brought in the new member's They Had No Idea as to what the dog joke was about , Nor about the leg shaving , & I'm Not Even sure that they even got a true copy of our guidelines but with that said ,I don't think any harm was done with pixie sticking up for klick even though she didn't know all the facts .

carol you have the right to take anyone off the list as you want for you did start this group .
I just want everyone to know that I do not see any cause to let anyone go for saying how or what they feel.

as long as it is in right text & not x rated .:) I Hope
you will reconsider Removing anyone from the group
Unless they want to leave & Not Feel as they have to leave .
maybe my opinion may not count any more but I had to say how i feel on removing anyone from the group.

Right now it is getting to late in the year to mail plants so I will be sitting out most of the swaps Till spring.
Except for Xmas I love to Give & receive :)))

Have a great day ladies
I will poke my 2 cents worth in again soon :))
susie

o

I'm just popping in to say that I received my package from Gale today. Many thanks! I'll post what she sent later when I have more time.

Hope everyone is having a great Thrusday!

o

I'm finally caught up with everything! It's so hard when you fall behind. My Son is doing well and running around as usual!

Mary Ellen sent such a great box, Thank you sooo much Mary Ellen! In it was..
Peanut M&M's (big bag), Tulips in festive halloween candy bags- "Upstar" "Princess Irene" "Mrs J.T. Sheepers" "Claudia" "Appledorn" "Don Quchotle" (I can barely read my own writing, I hope I spelled that last one right!)

2 Suet cakes for the birds "Cherry Crunch" and "Blueberry Twist"

Container of yummy Salted Nut roll! Nuts & candycorn, my son devoured it with in two days!

Festive Pumpkin pot holders/dishtowel, Scarecrow, Pumpkin candle votives, windsock, notepad, Vanilla chocolate ghost!

Mary Ellen you really know how to pack a box! Many Hugs!

My package for Gale went out today, USPS #0306 1070 0004 0387 1136.

Thanks to all my friends for the well wishes for Paul's toe surgery! I didn't have a chance to post this on OBF, by my favorite little parrot died over the weekend (Greenbean). I have no idea what happened, he wasn't looking well for a day and I started handfeeding him again. He perished on Sunday night. I was devastated! My Son and Husband surprised me with a new baby Monk parrot. My Son named him "Oliver" because he's so green. I've been calling him "Ollie". I'll post a picture with in the next few days of my new little baby.

Deb

o

Thu, Oct 18, 07 at 20:23

Hi All,
I came home to a great box from Sue G.! In it was:
a pink Lantana- I grew a yellow one this for the first time and I loved it so I know I'll love this one too
Purple Sensation Alliums- I also grew alliums for the first time this year and I really love them now.
a neat looking window bird feeder
a birdhouse and birds black wire table decoration(I don't think my description is very good, lol, but it is nice.)
a cute mini Halloween baking dish
lots of plant markers! Thank you!
a lavender and oatmeal soap
2 cookbooks for my collection!
-The Super Chicken Cookbook
-The Frugal Gourmet
and lastly the Nov. issue of Garden Design

Thanks for another wonderful box Sue! : ) By the way, the fuschia you sent in the last box is still doing great. I'll be bringing is in soon though the weather is still really mild here so hopefully I don't have to do it too soon!

Annie,
Lol, we all feel that way sometimes : )

Jenell,
I don't know what is going on with post office in MA. I checked and it says arrival at unit. So you haven't got it yet! April got hers faster in GA, lol. Well thankfully there's no plant dying in it!

Deb,
I'm so sorry about Greenbean. I know how much you love your animals. That is sweet that your husband and son got you a new parrot. Ollie is lucky he end up in your home.
Remy

o
RE:re update: ~obf~ october fest halloween swap~

Thu, Oct 18, 07 at 20:26

Oops I forgotthat I wanted to post to Sassy!
I thought of you today. A little girl came in to work with a t-shirt that had a drawing of Tinkerbell on it. Tinkerbell's arm were crossed and she had a tough look on her face. Written across the shirt was "Sassy" ,lol. : )
Remy

o

Jeanne-I need that rain dance too. It honestly acts like it don't know how to rain anymore. We had 70% chances last night and today and it has not rained a thimble full. Sheesh.......

Nice boxes everyone is receiving. The leaves here are starting to turn I just love Fall of the year but don't care for what follows....WINTER

Shirley

o

Remy~ I wasn't able to get to the post office today to check my mail so the package might be there. I'll definately check it tomorrow and let you know.

Jenell

o

won't stop raining here. dh has a 350 gal rain barrel and it is over one half full from this week, I am molding, still love wa state tho, just a lil green. hugs carol

o

Susie, I sure hope you're feeling better soon. I finally got off my butt and saw a doctor, I have double pneumonia. So not myself right now, or for the last month for that matter, just trying to get by.

Jeanne & Shirley, I don't think we could get rain if we danced in the streets naked! OH god, would that bring thunderstoms~ lol! Maybe thats what we need to do!

Mellen...turkey bowling? lol I have not heard of it, but sounds like fun girl!

Remy! I have man hands! lol Unfortunately, its the truth. I was so thrilled when Julie had tiny little hands and feet both! She sure didn't get them from me, nor her long legs! But thank God (not her dad) she got them, lol

April, you go girl! Remy always sends nice boxes! She's one of the best! Or maybe.............the very bestest!

Theresa wishing the very best for dh! Hope everything turns out ok hun.

SueG...........nobody's worried about getting a box from you hun! Chill............ (Ok, I'm sorry, I'm highly medicated at this moment, let me have some fun! lol) I need to have some fun!
Susie don't ever doubt yourself! You're awesome!

Remy, you're a wonderful person! I didn't think anything could make me laugh right now, lol. Leave it up to you! What can I say, I want one of those t-shirts, lol.

o

Hi ladies
was a very full & fun day My Niece's 10th B-day Party
at the pumpkin park & it was fun.

I just had to take this time to Say A Huge Thank you to Debbya When I got home tonight there was a box on the front porch from her & I knew we didn't have a trade so I was just alittle baffled till I open the box & pulled out a bag of Tulips (DBL LATE) Blue Diamond MMMM :))
A Bag of Single Late Queen of Night TULIPS, & another Bag of (Parrot) ROCOCO TULIPS & Then Still another Bag Of
(Flaming Parrot TULIP , & still yet another Batch of PURPLE PRINCE Tulips , You Would thing she Knew I loved Parrots :) well I thought it was sent to me by mistake for I saw Hostess Gift on the Box so I was about to call her & ler her know I would forward them to Jennell but then the letter came out with the last sag & I saw it was for me , Debby Thank you they will all be so pretty come spring I know . & also a pk of Mixed Morning Glories :)

Oh Today I went Pumpkin Bowling with the kids & we went on a hayride went through the corn maze got lost :( thought we would never get out of that dang place my sister is no good with a map Trust me .
as soon as i can get the pictures uploaded tomorrow I will try to share a few :)
right now I'm ready to lay back & rest .

Sassy I'm feeling better sure hope you will also feel better soon . these flu bugs a really bad this year .

well Good Night all
& thank s again debby

susie

o

Susie,
The box was for you (a belated Hostess gift). I originally planned on sending plants when the weather cooled off, but with the massive heat we had all summer nothing really looked good enough to send!

Jenell,
Your hostess gift will go out on Wednesday.

Deb

o

Sat, Oct 20, 07 at 22:17

Shirley,
No rain for you either?!! : ( If I could send some to you and everyone who needs it I would.
I'm like you too; I just love fall, and hate winter.

Carol,
How much will it cost to ship that water out to all that need it? Hope you don't turn too green! : )

Sassy,
You should of went to the doctor sooner!
Lol, so sorry about the hands. Good that Julie didn't inherit them. I bet you checked the grandbaby for them after she was born, lol.
Awe thanks. It so sweet of you to say even if it is drug induced, lol!
I'm not sure the shirt comes in adult sizes, lol. If it had been a woman, you know I would asked where it came from. : )

Susie,
The party sounds fun. I hope Sat. is nice. I have off and want to drive out to Pumpkinville with Gary. It is down in the hills where it is very rural and takes like an hour to get to, but we like to go. The ride itself is beautiful this time of year.
It is always nice to get a surprise pkg. like you did.

Remy

o

ll try to post the pictures sometime today so many bulbs to plant today :))) Thank you debby What a big surprise
& very nice bulbs :) we do Have a very Nice thoughtfull Group Even though we might get busy with so many to do things & get wrapped up in home life we still find time to come cheer up others ,
with our sad,our good , our bad , thank you ladies for just being great friends :)))

Before I get any tears over your gals I need to go get my bulbs in the ground it is sooooo nice out side .
& we have rain comming in also .

OH ShOOT almost for got ANNIE I DID GET YOUR Box on FRIDAY but didn't find it till saturday morning it was on the front porch as I was going to the pumpkin patch
so I had some OOOS & AWWWWS From sis & all my Nieces :)) I think they want in on this Gardening thing Now :) they still think aunty susie is a nut for spending there inheirtants :(JOKE) on plants But they will get over it when they find my will :)))
yep annie all your s :)) hehehehhe you get it all back heeheeeheee . dj;s laughing at me gotta go .
love ya all laughing gas has hit me :)
susie

o

I will try to get the new list of members posted. Susie nice to see you posting, please e-mail me privately for any disagreements. we want happy here. per orders from Mellen and Remy, the happy girls. Amy where are ya ? come out of the bushes and show yourself. hubby is almost done with group photo boy do we look cute. hugs carol

o

Sun, Oct 21, 07 at 15:56

Hello everyone!

Susie, so wonderful to hear from you the past couple of days. I have missed you so much. I had to laugh when you said something about your will. I don't remember, did your all your babies find homes?

Sassy, My oh my, double pneumonia? I am so relieved you went to the Dr. and are on your way to recovery. I truly was worried about you. Why is it that we, me included, think we will get better with time? Where was that ever put in our heads, I wonder. Just glad you're getting better and your sassy ways will start to reveal themselves again. ;)))

Shirley and anyone else who needs rain, I would "surely" be glad to share it with you!!! The rainfall totals for the state of Iowa for October have broken records for the most rainfall ever in recorded history. We are still mowing lawns. That never stopped all summer as the lawns never did brown out here. We have had only 1 frost here, too, and it is already Oct. 21. We have always had frosts and freezes by this time. This is too strange.

Yesterday, after the ISU/Oklahoma football game, my parents came up, and my dad helped me plant bulbs. With them living so close, we are now able to come and go to each other's places and be home within the hour. I LOVE it. It used to be a 3 hour drive. Anyway, I/we got around 100 bulbs planted. In the meantime, my mom was in the house making stew. After dad and I got too tired to continue, we sat on the porch swing and talked. Again, I am loving having this time with my parents. They are 76 and 81 so time with them is precious. Yesterday, I got some plants in the mail that I ordered so I am going out now to get them in the ground. It is cloudy here today with more rain in the forecast, naturally. Yesterday, it was sunny with temps. in the 70's.

Ladies, I want you all to know how much I appreciate all of you. We have always been a warm and caring group, and I truly, TRULY hope that we can continue. Just like with any group, we will have our bumps and bruises, but if we really care about each other, we will pick up and go on still caring about each other.
Have a wonderful day,
Mary Ellen

o

Okay, I am not kicking anyone out of our group. but am posting a new member list, leaving off anyone, posting that they were out of the group anyone mia can come back to us when able. list of blooming friends
Beth B
Britneys gran
Cedarnest
Dancingmoon
Dirtundermynails
Earthly Delight
Hazelnutbunny
I love franc
a list of all my bloomin friends Shirley this is for you, maybe susie can also give you a list of who is doing each months swap, and you can help me keep track of that. thankyou hugs carol
lil green thumb
Iibean
Lunamoon
Mellen
Missg
Nyvoices 99
Raggedy Anne 161420
Remy
Sandlapper Rose
Squanzon
Skohler
Theresa 24
veeja11
Wynative
Missg
Nyvoices99
Raggedy Anne 161420

o
right post, messed up on #1

Okay, I am not kicking anyone out of our group. but am posting a new member list, leaving off anyone, posting that they were out of the group anyone mia can come back to us when able. list of blooming friends
Beth B
Britneys gran
Cedarnest
Dancingmoon
Dirtundermynails
Earthly Delight
Hazelnutbunny
I love franc
lil green thumb
Iibean
Lunamoon
Mellen
Missg
Nyvoices 99
Raggedy Anne 161420
Remy
Sandlapper Rose
Squanzon
Skohler
Theresa 24
veeja11
Wynative
a list of all my bloomin friends Shirley this is for you, maybe susie can also give you a list of who is doing each months swap, and you can help me keep track of that. thankyou hugs carol

o

I propose that November be bunny hunting month, for those who don't wanna shoot a bunny how about smothering her with hugs, also could all of our members please post a hi, I am alive and well, so we know, and squanzon needs help posting the logo on her nov swap, will someone with graphic knowledge please help her. Shirley please introduce yourself to the group. hugs to all carol

o

Hello!!! New member answering roll call. Alive & well. Plus I see stuff falling from sky that they say is rain. It's been sooo long I'm not sure if that's what that stuff is!!!
Carol, I can't wait to see my head on Larry King's body.LOL!

o

New member here also. Carol - I do not have a full body with head pic but will see if I can get my daughter to take one in the next couple of days for you. I don't think 'Larry' would like to be put under my head LOL.

Jenell,
Your hostess gift went out today ~ thanks for such a great swap this month.

Marie

o

Hello everyone! I am still here! And also getting rain today and cool!
Haven't sent my hostess gift yet, but will soon. I am also still waiting patiently for my gift box! Been a week and still wasn't here this am! Maybe tomorrow!
Have a great day everyone! Melinda

o

Carol,
I'm missing of the list. Have I been bad? LOL!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Bunny hunting month?? Have I been bad, too??
Hmmm. I'll certainly take the hugs, though! lol

o

Sue Guanzon hasn't posted yet but DC shows that the package got there on Friday. Hope you liked it Sue.

I got back from a funeral today. One of my student's father died suddenly on Friday. The sweet thing is only nine years old and has a six year old sister as well. Mom is a volunteer in my classroom. Couldn't have happened to nicer people but isn't that always the way?

Between that and my husband's health issues lately, I have been able to put things in perspective a little better. Life is precious!

Theresa

o

Mon, Oct 22, 07 at 21:18

Hi All,
I spent most of today planting stuff. I still have more to plant!!! I did take a pic of behind the garage. I have to download my photos though. I'll post a post about it later. Then I've been making seed envelopes. I have made so many and I have so many more to go!

Lol, I don't think Carol should be allowed to type lists. : )
Amy, Deb and Sassy are missing, not sure if anyone else is. It is LLbean, not Libean, and Ilovefarac, not Ilove franc!

Lol, Bunny Hunting month! I'll get you Waskly Wabbit! : )

Mellen,
You are too sweet. : )

Ok, I got to upload my photos,
Remy

o

Sorry Deb and Sassy you are both on the list. can't find Amy so left her off for now. Debby you could never be bad. never said I could spell, this is one of the reasons I need Shirleys help. Bunny your not bad I just miss bunny hunting, if I catch you it will be a hug. Melinda, I have been thinking about your mom lately, she is missed. big hugs carol

o

Good morning all! Yes, Carol, I too miss my mother drastically! Actually it gets more as time goes on instead of less. I never dreamed it would be so hard without her.
I never see a new plant or seed that I don't want to share with her. And now it is almost wintersowing time and we always loved to do that! I didn't do any last year but will again this year! I'll plant and cry, plant and cry, I am sure!
Hope my box comes this am! Been anxious as been over a week now!
Melinda

o

Big hugs to you Melinda, I miss her too, she was my swap partner for a year and I loved picking stuff for her, she was always so appreciative, prayers and big hugs for you. I know she is happy tending gods flower beds. love ya Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here