Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susandonb

NEW: Christmas Canning Jar Craft Swap

susandonb
16 years ago

Hi Folks,

I have been out a while due to a car accident, but am recooping and am out of work and so home alot. I would like to host a swap that I thought of when I started making these last month.

This will be a one to one swap and can be limited only to your imagination.

Make any type of craft for Christmas out of a canning jar. Any size jar, pint or qt any materials. Can be decorative, food based or whatever you think of.

Thank you,

Susan in NC

Comments (50)

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Susan, hope you're feeling well after your accident. What a terrible ordeal to experience. :(

Well, since I enjoyed another swap that you hosted, I'll be more than happy to join in on this one! I already have some ideas...

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Great Klick, I was afraid I may have been excommunicated from the group for lack of attendance! LOL

Hope this gets a good response, anyway you and I can swap. hehe.

Susan

• wynative
    16 years ago

Hi Susan,

this is a great idea for a swap!! I already have my idea, now I just need to collect everything and put it together.

When would you like these to be sent out?

Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

Marie

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Marie,

I stated that Nov 30th would be mailing time, thinking that this would give everyone time to enjoy their decoration for a while. I have mine made already, LOL but I will wait. Plus I was giving till Nov 15th for sign ups.

So, spread the word. I also posted this on Harvest Forum so maybe I will combine partners.

Susan

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Susan,
    I have a question. Are we exchanging one jar craft? Or are we exchanging more than one item?

I have LOTS of ideas!

Deb

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Deb,
    I intended just one jar. I guess if you want to add something, feel free, but I don't want others to feel obligated. I was making a qt jar craft and sending it with a Christmas card.

Thanks,
    Susan

• wynative
    16 years ago

Thanks Susan! Guess I should read the whole post but I was so excited about this one :)

Marie

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bumping this up a bit,hoping for some more sign ups.

Susan

• wynative
    16 years ago

Bumping up! This will be great fun - come on and join!!

Marie

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the plug Marie!

Come on gang, use up some of those dusty canning jars! :)

Susan

• snyder
    16 years ago

Susan I would like to join. Snyder(Ann)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Susan this sounds like an awesome swap, but I'm soooo not crafty, lol. Its funny, I really used to be but got out of crafts years ago. I wish you girls the best with this one and hope all of you will post pics. I would really love to see them! Might give an old gal some new ideas, lol.

Sassy

• klickitat
    16 years ago

So where are we with this swap??? I'm ready to put my jar together!!!

{{gwi:1306786}}

• christine_gardener
    16 years ago

Oh this sounds like so much fun! I would like to join in as well. Thanks so much for organizing this :0)

Christine

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh klick, I love them, but you gave away your surprise. LOL

I can't show mine, I want it to be a surprise. I thought I would let people sign up until Nov. 15th, do you all think we should close it sooner? It is ok with me, let me know.

Susan

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Heh. I didn't give anything away. That pic is just one from the internet... :)

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ohh, I thought you took a pic of your jars! LOL

We gonna get anymore friends to play this swap with us?

Susan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Please add me too! Thanks!
    April/dirt_under_my_nails

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad to have you with us April.

I can't wait to start this.

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Yay! April's with us! :)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Count me in too!

Deb

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry to be late with this swap. I will post the partners tomorrow evening and the swaps can begin. I have been down with my neck injury and will be having surgery soon so I got behind on things.

Sorry again.
    Susan

• wynative
    16 years ago

I am out of state for this week and most of next with family. I will be sending out my partner's package after the 1st of December.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
    Marie

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK Ladies, I am so sorry to be late with this.

Here is the list, I am leaving it up to you all to exchange addresses and please post here when you receive.

Klick - Susandonb

Marie(wynative)-Debbya

Ann-Sassy

Christine-April(dirt under my nails)

Thank you everyone, again I am sorry.

Hope everyone has fun with this swap.
    Susan

• snyder
    16 years ago

after I went back and see the posts I dont think sassy is playing. Ann

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ann it would appear you are correct. I will swap with you too, that will give me 2 great swaps! Whohoooo!

Is that good for you?

Susan

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Girls, I'm so sorry I messed you up. Wish I was crafty enough to participate, but hope you all post pics so us non-crafty girls can see & have a great swap:))

Sassy

• snyder
    16 years ago

Susan, That is fine with me,but I'm haveing trouble getting an e-mail to you to send my addy. Send me your addy and I will try later to e-mail you mine. Ann

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Giving this a bump up~
    My package for Marie will go out later this week. I'll post when it does.

Deb

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Morning All! Just letting Christine know her package will be flying today. Will post comfirmation number when I return from the PO.
    Anybody else have gifts hidden all over the house that needs to be wrapped ? I gotta do that tonight after the kiddos go to sleep.Before they see any of them!
    Later....April/dirt

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Sorry! I forgot to post this yesterday....Christine your box has flown. USPS Confirmation # 0306 0320 0004 5120 7487
    Later...April/dirt

• wynative
    16 years ago

Deb - your 'jar' is on its way. conformation #0307 0020 0000 4013 0266

Enjoy your week,
    Marie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hope everyone is having a great week!
    Christine, I hope your box arrived safely last week.
    Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Just bumping this up to the top!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I received my swap box from Marie! Marie sent a Winter/Garden Survival kit!

In the jar was~ Miracle grow soil, White Moonflower bulb, Burgandy Galardia seeds, little terra cotta pot, blue forget me nots, manicure set, 2 plant markers, Gardenia shower gel/lotion, Miracle grow fizz tabs, hand sanitizer, cocoa butter stick, blistex! All this in a jar!
    What a neat idea! Thanks Marie!

My package will go out this week. I'm running behind! I'll post when it goes out with the DC#.

Hugs,
    Deb

• snyder
    16 years ago

I sent my box today to Susan. Conf# is 0306 1070 0002 9248 6213 Snyder

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi All,

Sorry to not be around this thread much. Been sick and busy.

Ann and Klick, your boxes went out today. I mailed them priority. Please let me know when you get your box, I am praying they don't break!

I hope you both like what I made. I also hope you can figure them out. LOL If you can't just email me and I will explain.

Susan

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

My package for Marie went out today. USPS #0307 0020 0003 4320 4879.

Deb

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I received my package from Ann today. Ann, you are awesome! I can't believe how much you sent!

Ann sent a great box with a M & M cookie canning jar mix, a jar of spiced tea mix, peanut brittle, a lovely ornament trinket box, an ornament candle, a gel eye mask, a gingerbread man ornament, snickerdoodle cookie mix, gift tags, Taste of Home magazine. I hope I havnt forgotten anything. Ann, you went way above & beyond. Thank you so much for your generosity.

I hope everyone is receiving their packages and enjoying this swap.

Have a great weekend,
    Susan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Has anyone heard from Christine? I sent out my box to her on Nov 29. Confirmation shows it was delivered,but I've not heard from her,other than when I got her address from her,& she said my package was being mailed the same week I mailed hers .Still no package from her either. Hope she is just really busy with the holiday& that she is ok.

• snyder
    16 years ago

I received a beautiful jar from Susan to day. To bad I cain't send a picture. It is blue on the inside it has a battery operated lights on the inside and different size snowflakes glued on the outside with a real pretty blue and white ribbon tied on the top. It is really cute. Thank you Susan very much. You are very crafty. Ann

• wynative
    16 years ago

Deb - my package arrived yesterday. Deb made me a pint candle jar - in the jar was some potpourri that smells wonderful! and on top of the lid she put an electric candle. What a clever idea! Then she send a little cross stitch kit.

Thanks so much Deb and I am glad you enjoyed the 'jar' I sent.

Marie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Marie,
    I'm glad you liked the candle jar! They make such cute night lights. The potpourri was scented with White Barn's Creamy nutmeg spray. I love that scent during the Holidays! The bulb is a regular night light bulb that I dipped in regular clear silicone (and wrapped a wire around the base to hold, and let it dry overnight hanging). So easy to make!

Deb

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Has everyone received their box? I have not heard from Klick, anyone talk to her? I did nto receive anything from her?

I hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great Christmas!
    Susan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I got an e-mail from Christine. She has been sick & said mine is on its way.Will post when it arrives.Hope everyone is staying warm.I'm finished with my gift shopping. Now I have a few food items to pick up for Christmas dinner,but other than that I'm DONE!!!
    Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Susan,
    If I'm remembering correctly Jules/Klick posted that she had a Family problem, and won't be participating in any swaps for now. I can't remember what swap thread I read that message on.

Deb

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Deb,
    I did not know that but I have looked and she is posting on other threads as of Dec 18th. I emailed her but didn't hear back. I just wanted to know if her box arrived to her safely.

I hope she is ok.

Susan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hi All! Still have not recived the box from Christine that I was told to be on its way.I really don't want to post a negative review,but I took a peek & noticed I won't be the first.Will give her till the end of the week..Hope everyone had a great new years!
    April/dirt

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

April, I am sorry this happened to you. I haven't been on the forums much lately I had disc surgery on Jan 2nd and have been recooping. Please email me you address and I will send you something as a consolation for your efforts and item you sent to her.

Again I am sorry.

Thank you everyone who participated in this swap.

Susan

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Susan,
    Hope your recovery is coming along well.Thanks for the offer of the make up package. There is no need for you to make up for her neglect.Will post her review, this will me my very first (and hopefully last)negative review to give someone.I really don't want to do it,but other swappers should know what they are dealing with.Thanks again!