Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeds-n-Stitches: The Finale

Posted by dan_the_mailman Michigan (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 22:31

A few years ago a bunch of us here in the round robin forum realized that, in addition to being addicted to swapping seeds, plants, and a bit of mayhem, we also liked to quilt. Within a few weeks, I, along with Linda Ruzicka, founded the group Seeds-n-Stitches. We've traded material, quilt blocks, laughs, tears, and yes, a bit of mayhem. People have come and go, and then come back again.
It's been a fantastic time.
Over the past 6 months or so, the number of people participating in our swaps has greatly dwindled. Linda and I have decided to make Melissa's swap the last one. Once her swap is finished, Seeds-n-Stitches will officially be done.
Earlier this year we discussed giving 2013 a theme, and intended to come together to make ourselves a house-themed quilt for ourselves. Linda may still head up that project if she has the time, but that will be entirely up to her to decide. With everything else she has going on, I don't see it happening, but things do change. If she decides to head up that project she'll post here in the threads and let everyone know. In the meantime, Seeds-n-Stitches is now disbanded.
A big "thank you" to everyone who has participated in any of the S-n-S swaps, it's been a lot of fun.

-Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds-n-Stitches: The Finale

goodbye Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Dan, it has been a lot of fun for the past 1 1/2 years I have been a part of it. A big thank you to Linda and you for all you have done to make the group fun and keep it going. It seems like several of the forums I occasionally lurk on are having a lot less activity right now. I don't know why that is, but there is a cycle for everything. Blessings to everyone and I hope to see you all pop up from time to time on other forums.
Bev

o

I'm sorry to see that the group is disbanding, but I guess that means my December will not be nearly so busy now (I was to be hostess for December) and we all know how hectic that month gets.
There have been some great people involved in this group and I hope we all see each other in other GardenWeb Swaps! Thanks for all your hard work up to this point to keep the group fun and interesting.

Jeanne

o

Dan, Thanks for all your work over the years.
bb

o

I am sorry to see your group go. Not being a quilter, I was not able to join in. I even considered learning how to do it but realty hit that I would just not have the time needed and I tend to leave most projects unfinished anyway.

I myself am not sure why participation in the swaps is beginning to dwindle but I hope things begin to improve.

Hope to see you all around GW. Margo

o

Thanks everyone. I don't know why participation in all the forums is dwindling, but perhaps it's just part of some cycle and will increase soon. If you like, you can catch me on facebook, and I'll still be lurking around this forum and the quilting forum. Take care, and be well...

Dan & Co.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here