Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

Update: Follow Up - OBF The Secret Haunted Garden

sandlapper_rose
15 years ago

Here is the list of who you will send to for the October Swap. Please send with delivery confirmation and post here when you send and receive. If you are uncertain as to whether your recipient can receive plants at this time of the year, please send e-mail and check with her. Also, look over the previous thread or ask if you think someone may not want a calorie laden treat. For the new ladies (or anyone else who may not have the mailing address for her pal) please request the information you need from that person by e-mail.

Thanks for joining in!

I really love October!!!

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley

Shirley sends to Jeanne

Jeanne sends to Melissa

Melissa sends to Remy

Remy sends to Amy

Amy sends to April

April sends to Carol

Carol sends to Sue G

Sue G sends to Margaret

Margaret sends to Theresa

Theresa sends to Deb

Deb sends to Mary Ellen

Comments (71)

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Deb,

Your package will go out on Monday!

These pumpkins are having a bad morning....

a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v410/Theresa24/?action=view&current=mime-attachment.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:1306851}}

lol! They're not at my house but I thought this was hilarious!

Theresa

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Theresa-Those pumpkins are hilarious...thanks for sharing.

Jeanne-Sent you an e-mail, I need your address...your swap box will be headed your way tomorrow.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

UPDATE ON OUR NEXT MONTHS SWAP:::::::
    November- Mary Ellen
    December- I don't think we have anyone assigned for Dec. We need a volunteer and here is our member list.

OUR MEMBER LIST

Amybabyboy
    Beth_b_Kodiak
    Brittneysgran
    Cedarnest
    Debbya
    dieg01991
    Dirtundermynails
    Earthly Delight
    Hazelnutbunny
    Ilovefarac
    lil green thumb
    LLbean
    Lunamoon
    margaret_2007
    Mellen
    Missg
    Momcat
    Nyvoices99
    Raggedyann
    Remy
    Sandlapper Rose
    Squanzon
    Skohler
    Susandonb
    Theresa24
    Veeja11
    Wynative

Shirley

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

I've got Carol's address,but guess what? Mail doesn't run today!!!!LOL!!!

I have a question on potty training... Did anyone's child HAVE to be NAKED to use the potty?? Brooke takes off ALL her clothes to go.It's driving me nuts!!!!

later...April/dirt

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope this is right in terms of who has sent and who has received. If not, just let me know.
    Don't feel bad about the federal holiday and no mail discovery, April. I would not have had a clue except when I went to the post office last week, the postal clerk was telling everyone about it. LOL
    Sue, I hope you got Margaret's address.

Mary Ellen sends to Shirley
    Shirley sends to Jeanne
    Jeanne - sent to Melissa - rec'd
    Melissa - sent to Remy - rec'd
    Remy sends to Amy
    Amy sends to April
    April sends to Carol
    Carol sends to Sue G
    Sue G sends to Margaret
    Theresa sends to Deb
    Deb sent to Mary Ellen

If anyone has the day off, enjoy it. I caught a nasty cold yesterday - I am feeling a lot better today so I hope it is one that is very short in duration. (...and here I was expecting to spend the fall working in my garden...)

Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

LOL! April, everyone one of my kids did that...to a degree! My boys would strip from the waist down, but my youngest boy would strip buck nakkie WHEREVER he was (public or not!) and run to the potty. My oldest girl still strips entirely nakkie, and she's 5. Adora doesn't strip, just does the normal thing..but she's still learning. :O)
    All I can say is....GOOD LUCK!! And that she'll quit sometime in the future. In the meantime.....just think of all the *embarrassing* stories you can tell her when she's older! LOL

• mellen
    15 years ago

DUH!!! Remy, thanks for pointing me over here. I went to the OLD thread and posted the below. I WONdered where everyone was! LOL Anyway, I did receive my box from Deb, and here is what I said:

Wow! It's been awhile since anyone posted. You folks still around? lol
    I received my Secret Haunted Box from Debya. Thank you for such awesome things, Deb!!! Here is what she sent:

-Bearded Iris-Superstition
    -Daylily Red Magic
    -Hyacinth Gypsy Queen-these are Orange!
    -CD called Halloween Fright Fest-Can't wait to listen to it! Some of the songs are Cat Scratch Fever, Bad to the Bone, and Boogie Oogie Oogie!
    -Seeds
    4 o'clock Kaleidoscope
    Dutchman's Pipevine
    Cupid's Dart
    Veronica Longifolia
    Alpine Aster
    Ageratum Blue Mink
    English Lavender
    Red Bee Balm
    Columbine Flabellata
    Blanketflower
    Glaskin Perpetual Rhubarb
    -Tulip Queen of the Night

What an awesome box, Deb. Thank you, thank you!!! You're the BEST!
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• mellen
    15 years ago

Fall is here. I can feel it in the temps. No frost yet, though.

Shirley, I will be mailing your Halloween box tomorrow-Wednesday. The DC# is:

0307 0020 0005 2563 9185

Mary Ellen/Mellen

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I'm taking a break here. I'm working on a new flower bed and sending out some roses. I still have few left. I also have some perennials I have potted up left too so if anyone is interested in doing a trade let me know.

Mellen,
    Glad to see you over here : )

Theresa,
    I love that pic! I got it in an email and sent it to quite a few people.

April,
    My one brother, at age 3/4, used to escape from the house, take his clothes off, and go running through the neighborhood, lol.
    I know I mentioned it a long time ago not sure if it was before you. I was afraid of the toilet. I used to think you could get sucked down it, lol. I even tried to flush my brother down the toilet.
    My youngest brother had a weird thing with needing help to wipe/make sure he was clean. I remember him being 4 and calling my dad to the bathroom. My father was yelling out to him as he walked to the bathroom, " You know in kindergarden the teacher is not going to check your behind for poo." LOL.
    We're all pretty normal now so I wouldn't worry too much : )
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: My Trade Post

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Ok Remy who told you, you were normal ?!!!Glad you are feeling better. sue G your box flew, should be there friday. my shop has been slow for a couple of weeks, economy I'm sure. hope you are all surviving this roller coaster. Beth, Greg warned you. hugs carol

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Afternoon All!

Carol~ finally got around to packing your box. It shipped out today. USPS confirmation #0103 8555 7496 2594 8470.
    Later...April/dirt

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Wow...it is quiet around here lately. I guess it's not just me that's extremely busy.
    Deb I got your package off today. My purse is in the car still so I'll post DC later. Sorry for the delay just life getting the best of me. I think I will probably need to take a few months off from trading. I can just barely keep my head above water.

Theresa

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi April!
    I just wanted to let you know that I sent your box this afternoon (finally!). Hope you like it! Let me know when you get it. DC# 0307 1790 0003 5993 7364

I am so relieved to see that I'm not the only one who mailed off their box today...I was worried!! Yes Theresa, you're right, life is crazy busy right now.

Amy

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Jeanne-Your box went out Wednesday..hopefully you will get it today since we are practically neighbors.

Shirley

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-I have been trying to keep up with this RR and will try to get your package out either today or tomorrow, Theresa. A serious family problem has reared its ugly head in the last few days and put me behind. I still haven't gotten all I wanted to send yet, either but hope to today or tomorrow. Another bump in the road but this is a huge one. Thanks for all of you understanding as I am sure we all have them! I know the Lord Jesus is faithful and trust Him I will do! Blessings, Margaret

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Shirley,
    I received your wonderful package today! Thank you so much. The little flower pot and scarecrow on so cute. I put them right out on display! You were so clever with everything that you sent.

Shirley sent me so many wonderful plants. Not only don't I have these, but had never heard of most of them and such wonderful Halloween names!
    Shirley sent:
    Daylilies: Tea Leaf Prophet, Chicks Digit, Tholian Web, Moments Rich in Blessings
    Canna - Stuttgart and Pretoria
    Black Parrot Tulips (wow!)
    Crinum - Milk and Honey (I have really wanted this one!)
    Iris - Lenten Prayer
    Crocosmia - George Davidson
    Allium Globemaster bulbs
    Ghost Wiegeila I will be busy looking up pictures of these plants.

Shirley even had notepaper that is special for Halloween. Gee, I wish I could get my act together as well as you do. I had a nasty cold the first part of the week and am way behind on everything!

We had a busy day yesterday. Had to take a horse to the vet for his dental work (we were supposed to take both horses, but could not get both on the trailer at the same time - that is a whole different story - stubborn horses!) Then, since my husband had taken the day off (a rare occurence) we went to the State Fair in the afternoon. I think the drought has really impacted things - way fewer flowers, plants, and veggies on display. Kind of disappointing. We usually look to see how large the large pumpkins are and we didn't see any large pumpkins this year. We laughed that the little bitty ones we saw on display (gourd like) must have been the largest ones this year! Anyway, we can always hope for better weather next year.
    I will catch up with a list on who has sent and who has received soon. Everyone is doing a great job and has made it so easy to coordinate this swap. Thanks... and a second big thank you to Shirley!
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Margaret,
    I am sorry to hear you have a family problem. So many people that I know from so many areas of my life have been facing problems lately. Seems kind of overwhelming. Let's hope for brighter days ahead.
    Give yourself a hug from me!
    Jeanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Here's a hug from me too, Margaret. Hope things turn around for you.

Theresa

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I got a great box from Carol on Friday!

She sent:Pumpkin Pie, Pardon Me and Startle Daylilies
    Pomegranite Fig Candle (smells great!)
    red alstromeria
    mixed dutch iris bulbs
    bluberry jam
    and tons of candy

I really love it all and can't wait to plant - thanks Carol!

Margaret - your box is going out shortly. I'll post DC# when it goes.

Sue G.
    and a bunch of really great seeds

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Theresa's box just arrived! I'll go through it and post tonight! I'm excited! ;)

Deb

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

My box just got here from Amy !!!!!!
    Inside there was:
    ~~~PLANTS~~~~
    ~Canna with red leaves & red flowers(Hummers will love these next year!!)
    ~Canna with green leaves & red flowers(see above!)
    ~Lamb's Ear
    ~Wandering Iris
    ~Purple Potato Vine (love the color!!)
    ~Silver Mound
    ~Hot Pink Dianthus
    ~Blk Eyed Susan

~~~SEEDS~~~~~

*Shasta Daisy
    *White Hibiscus
    *Drk Purple Hollyhock
    *Cracker Jack Marigold
    *Petite Marigold
    *French Marigold
    *African Marigold
    *Garlic Chives

~~~GOODIES~~~~~
    Hot Cocoa Mix
    Hot Cider Mix
    Caramel Syrup (can't wait to have this in my coffee!)

Spice Hersey Kisses
    Spiced Pumpkin Room Diffuser(smells SO good!!)
    Jack O'Lantern Sticky pads
    Halloween Pencils(I've already had those stolen my the kids!!)

I hope I didn't forget to list anything!Thanks Amy for everything!!!

later....April/dirt

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I received a wonderful box from april today ghost peeps,save naure chocolate bar,a broomstick plant stake,
    white brug
    whits mini rose
    5 allium bulbs
    8 mixed starflower bulbs
    pumpkin kid daylily
    plant markers
    little wart daylily
    2 haloween pot holders
    thankyou april I especially like my white mini rose. love everything but that is my favorite. thankyou carol

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I finally have some extra time to post what Theresa sent me!

Air freshener (rose) hang type
    09 calendar
    Ajuga (black)
    begonia
    White Allium
    Ceramic leaf 'bag' filled with 4 different seeds, orange lollipop
    2 Rose bath fizz tablets
    Ceramic witch hat

Thanks so much Theresa! I love everything you sent!

Deb

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Wow seems like alot of boxes were received today.
    I also received my swap box today from Mellen.

Mellen sent:
    Daylilies-Startle, Eenie Fanfare, Little Bee, Pammeke
    Liliums-Mount Bachelor, Manhattan (Love lilies)
    Clematis-Celtic Skies (What a beauty)
    Hosta-Lakeside Old Smokey, Alligator Shoes
    Orange Hot Chocolate-(Yum this was good-perfect day for it)
    Pumpkin Spice Latte
    Halloween Charm Bracelet
    3 candles-Simply Spice, Sugar Cookie, All Hallows Eve
    Metal Owl with a pumpkin body(Soooooooo cute)
    Painted pumpkin-Red barn, corn and pumpkins painted on it
    (DD loved this and I told her no you can't have it)
    Ceramic Leaf with a tea candle
    High Energy Seed & Suet (The birds thank you)
    Finch Sock Feeder
    Fall Quilted Table Centerpiece (Just beautiful and it looks gorgeous on my table)
    Card-It says Wishing you miles and miles of pumpkin smiles
    Candy-YEAH for my sweet tooth..Snickers, Baby Ruths, Butterfingers, and Trident Gum

Wow Mellen you really know how to pack a box. If I had not written it all down as I took it out of the box I would never have remembered it all. Thank you so much. I was cleaning up some flower beds and needed that nice break from all the work. I already have my plants planted.

Oh by the way did you catch the post where I stated you are hosting our swap for November? Looking forward to it.

Shirley

• lunamoon
    15 years ago

Just popping in to say hi.....

Hi!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, Lunamoon...great to "see" you - have a Happy Halloween!

Catching up on who has sent and who has received:
    Mary Ellen sent to Shirley - rec'd
    Shirley sent to Jeanne - rec'd
    Remy sends to Amy
    Amy sent to April - rec'd
    April sent to Carol - rec'd
    Carol sent to Sue G - rec'd
    Sue G sends to Margaret
    Theresa sent to Deb - rec'd
    Deb sent to Mary Ellen - rec'd

I think that is right. I went over the postings twice, but if I missed someone having sent or received, just let me know.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
    Jeanne

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Jenell! Nice to see you. Hope you've been well and that you stop by more often : )

I've been winterizing today. There was a light frost last night everything above like 3' not in protected areas and tender got zapped. I brought in all the peppers and green tomatoes. I also started hauling in pots. Gary of course was doing his annual, "How many plants are you bringing in?!" And compared to most people, I really don't bring in that much. I always feel bed for the things that must die.

Amy,
    I am working on your pkg. I should have it out tomorrow or Tuesday.

Carol,
    Ok so I was stretching the meaning of normal a bit, lol.

Melissa,
    I has some of the tea today, and it was quite yummy.

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Margaret--

After sending your box out I found that I forgot the note I had to put inside plus I forgot the baggie of seeds I had made up to include. I'll mail the seeds out separately. Hopefully you'll get your box on Monday. It's DC#0308 1400 0001 2529 3051.

Hope you like it!

Sue G.

• skohler
    15 years ago

GM all Just wanted to share with you all why I have been mia from the group . Besides reg housework like the rest of you I've also been working out in my Front garden & Here is a before & Now picture but it is still not finished & it is getting very cool here .
    so i may not get all of my dl's out of the back field :(

trying to transfer from the back field to the front but it is not going very fast : Its not all going to get done . much to do yet .

Jenell H_E_L_L_O Have Missed you tried to email you long time back with no answer Got worried PLEASE Don't scare us again Now that we know you are ok Hope you will pop in more often :)

ok it is MONDAY Again So You all take care No I don't get inthe forum everyday right now but after the snow fall I will :)

susie

BEFORE

NOW: TO BE CONTINUDE

& SIDE VIEW :

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Sue~ WOW!!! You've been busy. I really love the HUGE frog!

Carol~ I'm glad you got liked your box.

Can't belive how fast this month is flying by.I never did catch my 'halloween spirit' this year. I put up 2 stands of purple lights & the kids tied little ghost in the trees. SAD SAD SAD! Hopefully by the time Christmas rolls around it'll be better.BA HUMBUG!!!

later...April/dirt

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Wow Sue! I am jealous of all that time you're spending in the garden. I wish I could devote myself to it like I used to. I did get some fall bulbs planted but only because DS sprained his ankle and is off of it for a few days....no football or soccer. The other DS had his season end this past weekend so my life should be settling down some. (one can only hope)

I got an email from Margaret that she sent my box today. Will post when received.

Theresa

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies- What a great box I received from Sue today. I hope I don't leave out anything. So much that pleases me, starting with the popcorn balls which I am now indulging in(& only 100 calories), a bunch of black roses, black work gloves, which I can always use, a gargoyle,
    Teas: Ginseng, Herbal Evening, Melaleuca Herbal & Tangy Lemon (can't wait to try them all), a darling windchime, one of my favorite things for my gardens

Bulbs-Tall Blue Dutch Iris & Queen of Night Tulips (almost black) Bearded Iris, Superstition

Plants-The most beautiful minature rose(soft ivory with a great root system) begonias (Ithink) one a beautiful red & the other one a lovely shade of orange. I emailed you Sue to see if these are house plants for me to plant indoors in my Zone 5A.

What a thoughtful & great sender you are, Sue. Sending you a big HUG for all the things sent & you, Jeanne for the great job you did as Hostess for this RR.And the rest of you lovely ladies for inviting me to join you.I am delighted to be a part of this group! Blessings, Margaret

{{gwi:1306857}}

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    April, I'm so glad to hear that you liked the box I sent you!! I sent it just in time too because we just got our first hard frost. I hope that everything thrives in your garden too!! :-)

Sue, your garden is beautiful. It makes me want to put another one in at my house!! I wish I had as much space as you do!! By the way, how do you clear the sod for a new garden? I've always just dug it up. Man, that is such a HUGE chore. Is there a better way? I thought about covering it over winter and then tilling it up in the spring. But since grass is so hardy (and invasive), I doubt that would kill it, and I would be plagued by grass in my garden forever.

Remy, I'm anxiously waiting to see what you send me. I'm sure it will be great!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day.
    Amy

• skohler
    15 years ago

Thanks Everyone it has been quit the task for this garden but I know will be worth it when I'm done .

LOOOKKKK SEE WHAT Came in Bloom today :) & Is just Loaded with buds we have had 3 very cold Heavy frost & was so surprised to see this opening up .
    It Came from Shirley But The tag is gone So I cannot tell you who it is :( But ty shirley for sharing this beauty with me :)

tomorrow i will be going back out to wal-mart they have
    Bags of MULCH For $1.50 a bag bought 60 bags last week & will be getting another 60 yet or more if they still have .

Amy I tilled all the sod up with our big tractor & plow
    twice , then tilled with my smaller tiller took my pitchfork & took out any & all grass clumps & roots I know i didn;t get them all .
    Then I planted my plants & rolled out 3ftx50ft of 4ply Black plastic inbetween each row after I get the rows done i then cut holes in the center of the rows to add other types of plants .I took my pitchfork put holes into the plastic for drainage then piled on the mulch it helps control the weeds big time & more time to enjoy my plants later . & as you can see i still have to put the plastic down on the new part yet .its turning very cold now maybe snow on monday :(

Not sure if I welcomed the new gals or not so will do so now .
    well time to get off here so have a great evening .
    susie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Susie- Thank you for sharing your beautiful new flower bed..all I can say is wowza..just beautiful. I love your iris and I have 4 still blooming. I lost quite a few this year to the dreaded iris borers. I will definetely spray early in the Spring next year.

I was hoping Mellen had posted about the swap for November. She still has time and may just be very busy.

I raked pine needles all afternoon for my mulch. Tons have already fell and lots more to go. DH helped and I sure needed the help. Winter is around the corner and I love getting all the beds ready.

Shirley

• mellen
    15 years ago

Shirley, I am still around. lol Yes, been very busy. Just returned home from a week-end in MN with our son. I will get the next swap posted soon.
    Mary Ellen

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    It has been awful quiet around here. Hope everyone is ok.
    I'm so far behind!! I've been working too much, other stuff, plus stuff with my grandma. Nothing too bad, just too much to do and not enough time in the day!
    There was rain, wind, thunder, lightning, and hail! when I left work tonight. Very weird. I did think though well the garden is done so this is ok, lol.

Amy,
    I'm sorry I still have your pkg. I'm just about done so it will be sending shortly. I'm getting operated on on Thursday(minor operation) so I want you pkg. on its way before then.

Susie,
    You are a mad woman, doing all that work! You are also very lucky getting iris to bloom now.

April,
    Sorry you aren't feeling any Halloweeen fun this year. I did manage to get the lights up and porch decorated. I also dressed up for work yesterday. It was special party day where the kids can come and trick or treat. I went as a medieval lady. I have an outfit from when I was in a medieval wedding.

Shirley,
    I hope your talk of raking leaves means work has calmed down some for you.

Mellen,
    Hope your trip was fun!
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• skohler
    15 years ago

It looks alittle bare right now with all the plants cut back But I Hope that it will be Fuller & allot easier to care for next spring :)

It has been very quit in here lately can hardly wait to see what MELLEN COMES UP WITH :) I Hope it will be a nice thanksgiving dinner for everyone :)

Anita Miss you Hope your feeling well

theresa : our dear soccor mom :) my garden days are over it is way to cold out there now so ita back to the crochet Hook :)

remy : Did you same any special tomato seeds this fall ??
    would there be any of you Here that might like to do a seed RR ?? I have many many many & would like to trade for others I will load up the box or Bubbler .
    Email me if you like to be on the list you can put 3-5 pks of each you have to share with others but this will be for veggies or flowers just let me know .

have a great day all
    susie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, everyone!
    Sorry I haven't popped in for a few days. I went to a quilters' retreat for the weekend and wouldn't you know it - was up until 1 a.m. Thursday getting ready for it! I didn't do the shopping for some of the things that I needed until Thursday afternoon, so it has been "Rush, rush, rush" around here. I will update where we are with the swap later in the day.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.
    Jeanne

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies- Sorry it has been so long since I posted here. I have been checking in to read all posts, especially waiting to see if you Theresa, have received your box yet. When I mailed it the P.O. said it would be there last week! I finally found out how to see where it was & according to that info it arrived in Orange Park this a.m. at 7:27. That probably means you won't receive until tomorrow. I do sincerely apologize for the late arrival.I was concerned that it might have gotten lost!

Sue, your seeds arrived today & I can tell you checked my list of wants! Thanks so much. The box you sent was such a delightful one & I did forget to mention when I posted what you sent that you included an ultra fine Sharpie with all the other great things. I did put in a note on the Rate & Review site stating what a pleasure to trade with you.

Here's the seeds received: Delphinium-Magic Fountain (purple), Blue Flax, Foxglove Mix, Dwarf Foxglove Mix & Nigella which I love! I can't wait to start these as I want to do some Winter Sowing this year.

Remy, I hope everything goes well with the surgery. Will be praying for you about it.

Sassy-The room is delightful for you little one. I love the bed you got for her & know she loves it too! Very good taste you have!!

Jeanne-Quilting is way out of my realm. My DH thinks every woman should know how to sew & when we were first married (many years ago)he bought me a used sewing machine so like a loving wife I learned how, did quite a bit of it, decided I didn't care to do it so here is my famous last words to him about it "I have learned how & now I am done". So much for that! I do admire those who do & have several friends who both Quilt and sew constantly.

Enough for now as I have much to do this cloudy, windy, cold Monday. I must tell you all though, I had done some beds for fall, laying newspaper down, black plastic with the holes to let water through, & lots of mulch. The wind blew so hard yesterday it blew the cedar mulch off & raised the black plastic up & off.The newspapers are now scattered all over the yard, not necessarily mine! I love to do things over, don't you all too! Another small bump in the road, so small I laughed when I saw the mess. Blessings, Margaret

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This month really flew by!

Here is what I have in terms of the packages for this month.
    Remy sends to Amy
    Sue G sent to Margaret - rec'd

If I missed anything that was posted, let me know so I can correct it.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing what the swap will be for November. My plants are happy right now, but I don't know how much longer we will stay above freezing at night. I heard on the radio that it may drop down to 34 degrees tonight.

Jeanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Well, I received Margaret's wonderful box today. Thank you Margaret for the wonderful fall items.

Margaret sent:

A fall motif placemat
    a light-up pumpkin
    a scarecrow door hanger
    another scarecrow figue
    a pumpkin tealight.
    12 apeldorn elite tulip bulbs
    a cinnamon fern
    a hot buttered rum candle
    halloween napkins
    halloween wind sock
    hibiscus pattern serving plate and tray
    Some chocolates that seem to have disappeared but I know they were here :)
    seeds:
    aquilegia vulgaris
    winter squash
    gourmet pepper

Thanks so much, Margaret, I hope things have settled down for you and that life is treating you well. I'm glad you have joined our group!

Hope everyone is having a comforting, enjoyable autumn. Things have turned cool here for now. We are having temps in the 30's tonight as well. Stay warm.

Theresa

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Yeah-Theresa, your box finally arrived. I am pleased you liked everything & please accept my apology for the lateness in getting it in the mail. Yes, things have settled down here but still a large ongoing problem that will be around for far too long. Such is life & I am sure we all have things to cope with. I am so glad I joined this group also & looking forward to many more RR's.

Jeanne-This has been such a great RR that you have hosted. I know we all appreciate your hard work & diligence in keeping everything on track. Thanks for a job well done! Blessings, Margaret

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Amy,
    I finally got your pkg. on its way! Yea : )
    DC#0308 0070 0002 0121 9261

Susie,
    You should know by now I always have tomato seeds for you!

Jeanne,
    A quilter's retreat. I've never heard of such a thing. Sound like fun.

Margaret,
    Thanks for the well wishes. I'm just happy it is an in and out thing.

Ok, Gary's calling me to dinner.
    Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• lunamoon
    15 years ago

Life has been more than crazy for awhile so I haven't been around much. Its nice to stop in and see some familiar faces.

Sue~ I never received any emails from you. If I had, i would have replied.

I can't believe October is almost over already. Seems like the summer and now the fall have flown by. I also can't believe that its snowing out here either! LOL The weather is calling for 2-4 inches tonight and there is probably close to and inch out there already. **sigh** The kids are all excited about it but I really don't want to take them trick-or-treating in the snow LOL Hopefully, it will melt by Friday!

Hope all is well with everyone here!

Jenell

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We may have this month wrapped up. I hope everyone had fun. Just waiting to hear if Amy has received her package.
    Happy Halloween!!!
    Jeanne

Remy sent to Amy
    Sue G sent to Margaret - rec'd
    Margaret sent to Theresa - rec'd

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi all,
    I got my box from Remy today. It contained:

magnetic Happy Harvest pad
    Autumn stickers
    Halloween Bat kitchen towel
    a reusable shopping bag (www.1BagataTime.com)
    a ribbon of pink (breast cancer support) bracelet
    Niawanda garlic starts
    and tons, and tons of seeds!!!! OMG, there must be at least 50 seed packets in this bag. Wow, thanks Remy!!

Plus, Remy sent a nice note saying that she would send me some plants in the spring when our weather here is warm enough. Can't wait for April!

Thanks for the fun trade.
    Amy

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Amy,
    It was making all those seed pkts. and trying to empty out your wish list that took me so long to finish. There were a couple I didn't have, but I took a good shot at it : )
    And don't worry, I know I will have lots of good stuff for you in the spring!
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Amy,
    Thanks for posting.
    This swap is officially closed.
    Remy, I hope you are recovering well after your surgery. I can't even remember if I posted get well wishes. It has been a crazy few weeks.
    Long lines at the polls today. I waited 2 1/2 hours to vote and my husband went earlier and waited almost four hours. When so many vote, you sure do wish they had more voting machines to keep things moving along.
    Thanks to everyone for how easy you made my task of keeping up with this swap. All of you were great!!!
    Jeanne

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Wow Remy, I'm impressed that you got so many of the seeds on my wish list!! Now if I only had more garden space... lol!! Thanks again, I appreciate the thought and effort you took to put together my box! :-)

Thanks!!
    Amy